RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kastam tahan package from overseas, How to claim

soundsyst64
post Nov 28 2007, 02:27 PM

I'm No-Longer-Noobs
Group: Senior Member

Hello.

I want to know, if we buy something from overseas and kena tahan oleh kastam before arrive to the recipient, how to contact them and release the item?

I buy something from Hong Kong, and after 20 days making payment, I'm still not yet receive the items.

Thanks.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GodsLove
post Nov 28 2007, 02:42 PM

On my way

u would normally, in normal circumstances, receive a letter to collect your item. You can go collect your item with that letter. If not, get the shipper to pass you a reference number/tracking number and call Pos Malaysia. With that number, you can call Pos Malaysia to check whether the item has arrived or not. Also ask your shipper to check the status of your item in Hong Kong..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
elfreakz
post Nov 28 2007, 02:57 PM

f R e a K z
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland
Group: Elite

yea pos malaysia will send u a form asking u to collect at the nearest pos malaysia.

if u havent received this, then follow GodsLove guide..
+Quote Post
lil_fuzz
post Nov 28 2007, 03:02 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

ko beli apa dari hong kong?
+Quote Post
soundsyst64
post Nov 28 2007, 03:31 PM

I'm No-Longer-Noobs

Thanks for the info.

But for shipper's case, I might not retrieve any number because I'm using regular airmail which didn't give any numbers + insurance in case my item lost during shipment. Tracking number only provide if I take register airmail.

However, I'm still waiting another one more week before I contact the seller.
+Quote Post
wingcross
post Nov 29 2007, 02:31 PM

On my way

ehmm this happen to me before. I buy some books from amazon. After six months of not receiving it, i liased with Amazon on its status till they ignore me for good. What the heck, i ask for refund from HSBC. And they did !!!

After a year, I received a card from Pos Malaysia that I need to go pick my stuffs. I totally lost as i totally forgotten about the items.

Then when i got my stuffs i was like har ? now only it arrived. But what the heck I got it for free tongue.gif

+Quote Post
howeijie
post Dec 5 2007, 09:15 PM

On my way

QUOTE(wingcross @ Nov 29 2007, 02:31 PM)
ehmm this happen to me before. I buy some books from amazon. After six months of not receiving it, i liased with Amazon on its status till they ignore me for good. What the heck, i ask for refund from HSBC. And they did !!!

After a year, I received a card from Pos Malaysia that I need to go pick my stuffs. I totally lost as i totally forgotten about the items.

Then when i got my stuffs i was like har ? now only it arrived. But what the heck I got it for free tongue.gif
Few month back, i request free SOLARIS operating system DVD from the SUN Microsystem Inc in USA.

They confirm the DVD was post to Malaysia, but until now i still didn received the DVD.

I dont know Malaysia Custom will take away my disc or not . shocking.gif
+Quote Post
johnkor
post Dec 11 2007, 10:27 AM

HONDA CR-Z Tuned BY 無限 | MUGEN

i whonder y KASTAM and those ppl check those mail so sohai ppl chocolate aslo wana steal ! CB KIA!
+Quote Post
zhen^wei
post Dec 11 2007, 10:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!

recently i sell things to singapore, but in the conteks there i wrote " waranty claim" , " no value " , then the things comfirm reach the buyers places after 2 days.haha.
+Quote Post
transit
post Dec 11 2007, 10:35 AM

Casual

For items hold by Custom Malaysia mean they likely to get RM from you lo. It is true, they wanted to impose TAX. They have a bible book to refer for those taxable items. Good Luck!

This post has been edited by transit: Dec 11 2007, 10:36 AM
+Quote Post
codfish
post Dec 17 2007, 07:50 PM

Getting Started

ya , you need to pay them .....
they actually will charge u kaw kaw , try to nego with them.
one of my buddy kena too.

+Quote Post
PetroToxin
post Dec 17 2007, 08:25 PM

Regular

If is wise to do your homework on how much is the import duty and tax for your item.

If you don't know anything they will really chop you.
+Quote Post
Only_Human
post Dec 18 2007, 03:51 AM

Casual

if u didnt have letter then will hard to say ~
duno the item is lost when shipping or not or wat ~ (maybe didnt kena tax but pos malaysia hilangkan ur item sweat.gif )
the postman very not responsible they always send letter in wrong house and always forget send item good ~

eg ~
Postman always forget send item that i buy form other country
so i need to wait them in outside ~ see they belakang got my item or not ~
when i saw i need kejar the motor and tell them that is my item lah ~
then he saw the item and address ~ and say with me ~ Encik ini menang barang kamu ~ tolong sign yah doh.gif
WTF = = !! I miss so many item ..... even many time pos malaysia send me the letter say that ur item return back to where ~
But what the funny things in my mother say got postman come ... but they just pass by my house shakehead.gif

And u try to ask the seller in HK ~
Because no letter i dont think that u can go in the kastam place ~
because the need know ur lettter and give then ic or car lessen to pass in ~

================================================================================

Need saw wat people ~
some is good ~ they will will explain with u tongue.gif
some not , very rule doh.gif say why u wanna buy this , wanna buy that = = !!!
they are kastam mah = = didint know wat item didint import to malaysia mah = = !!!

if got import wat item we want ~ then we didnt need so hard to find and pay extra money lah shakehead.gif

when b4 u pay ~ they will call go 1 room for declare the tax ~
try to talk will them , they are very friendly ~ they will help u abit ~ to low down the tax ~
remember dont talk with kastam about the price ~ they only take nothing and bark u ..............

Plz remember dont call pos malaysia help u take the item in kastam ~
because pos malaysia will charge u around RM50 and the kastam will charge u kaw kaw sweat.gif
because u didnt go there they can say wat they like and charge u only ~

So when got item kena kastam go with urself ~

================================================================================

This post has been edited by Only_Human: Dec 18 2007, 03:52 AM
+Quote Post
keii-kun
post Dec 18 2007, 09:08 PM

Regular

Ok, sharing my experience importing a wedding kimono for men from Japan. my japan friend did the transaction and got the kimono shipped to me . Kimono costs around RM1500.00

One day, poslaju called me whether I want them to be their agent, they will settle all the tax and procedure, then later I only pay them when pickup at Pos Laju branch.

I was practically thinking that the tax would be cheaper than me driving all the way from Melaka to KLIA (toll and petrol) so I agree.

2 days after that, poslaju called me tell me that procedure completed and they will forward the item to PosLaju Melaka. I was soooo shocked when hearing the tax and fee... total up to RM600++ DAMN!

if i had driven to KLIA, i could have negotiated with Kastam for the tax cos i bought it for my personal use (for my wedding!)

Moral : don't rely on POSLAJU as agent
+Quote Post
PetroToxin
post Dec 19 2007, 01:54 AM

Regular

QUOTE(keii-kun @ Dec 18 2007, 09:08 PM)
Ok, sharing my experience importing a wedding kimono for men from Japan. my japan friend did the transaction and got the kimono shipped to me . Kimono costs around RM1500.00

One day, poslaju called me whether I want them to be their agent, they will settle all the tax and procedure, then later I only pay them when pickup at Pos Laju branch.

I was practically thinking that the tax would be cheaper than me driving all the way from Melaka to KLIA (toll and petrol) so I agree.

2 days after that, poslaju called me tell me that procedure completed and they will forward the item to PosLaju Melaka. I was soooo shocked when hearing the tax and fee... total up to RM600++ DAMN!

if i had driven to KLIA, i could have negotiated with Kastam for the tax cos i bought it for my personal use (for my wedding!)

That's true.. As they could have easily pocketed those money at a win-win with those custom officers sweat.gif
+Quote Post
hackwire
post Dec 24 2007, 07:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!

i just bought DVD cost me RM 250 which is not more than RM 500. do i still get tax for it? I heard b4 that, less then RM 500 will not be tax for DVd.

I receive the letter from Pos and i dont feel like engaging them. I want to contact the Kastam for the reason it got tahan. Its silly for them to bully us like that.
+Quote Post
terrysoh
post Jan 15 2008, 11:48 PM

Regular

Is there any helpfuls out there can give us a pointer? Im interested in a few car parts from ebay but im not sure how it goes in the kastam though... sigh.. stupid corruption buggers
+Quote Post
svage98
post Jul 4 2008, 11:58 AM

Casual

Hi guys, dunno if this is the right place to ngadu. It's just that today I just got a letter from the the kastam telling me they detained some stuff I bought from US. The stuff are only music cds for personal use and usually I have no trouble getting my goods safely to my doorstep but weird today it's like this! The total cost of cds I bought plus shipping is not less than USD90 so I don't see what's the big deal that they want to tahan my stuff!!! Darn now I have to go clear this with the stupid kastam people. Good thing I'm working at Nilai so it's near to KLIA but man...as if I have the time and money to waste of them folk...mesti mau paw aku ni shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
Shizuru
post Jul 4 2008, 01:25 PM

QUOTE(svage98 @ Jul 4 2008, 11:58 AM)
Hi guys, dunno if this is the right place to ngadu. It's just that today I just got a letter from the the kastam telling me they detained some stuff I bought from US.  The stuff are only music cds for personal use and usually I have no trouble getting my goods safely to my doorstep but weird today it's like this! The total cost of cds I bought plus shipping is not less than USD90 so I don't see what's the big deal that they want to tahan my stuff!!! Darn now I have to go clear this with the stupid kastam people.  Good thing I'm working at Nilai so it's near to KLIA but man...as if I have the time and money to waste of them folk...mesti mau paw aku ni  shakehead.gif
What is it that you are "mengadu" about?
Sometimes they just detained items at random. You might not get charge anything.
It happened to me twice, went to get item at custom but didn't get charge a thing.

They just love to waste ppl time I guess rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
JasonSky
post Jul 4 2008, 03:45 PM

Spectre

As I remember retrieving CDs form Customs are quite a hassle as they will send you to an extra department to check the contents of the CD. I know this definitely applies to Video CD/DVD but I am not sure if it applies to music CDs as well.

So good luck smile.gif
+Quote Post
babymina
post Jul 18 2008, 05:19 PM

Casual

I very scare kena custom, later have to waste money go all the way down to KLIA, waste money and time.
+Quote Post
nordingh
post Jul 18 2008, 11:46 PM

I not 24 hours here...

Last time I order a free (even free postage) 25 pcs Ubuntu CD. My item detain by custom. I only need to Rm18 to get it out.

When I offer them the CD, they say, others already give them and use at home. Someone already pay duit kopi with CD before.. hahaha...

Better go deal with them yourself.

+Quote Post
naziaf
post Jul 19 2008, 12:19 AM

Getting Started

If they're not sohai, they wouldn't have become a custom officer smile.gif
+Quote Post
arafat
post Jul 19 2008, 12:26 AM

ROCK ON!

QUOTE(naziaf @ Jul 19 2008, 12:19 AM)
If they're not sohai, they wouldn't have become a custom officer smile.gif
they are just doing their job you know?
if they didnt do anything what will you say then?
+Quote Post
CoDe_WrItEr
post Oct 29 2008, 02:58 PM

Getting Started

normally how much is the tax for music album? i ordered 47pcs..and it is now tahan by the kastam.. = =
+Quote Post
svage98
post Oct 31 2008, 11:15 PM

Casual

QUOTE(babymina @ Jul 18 2008, 05:19 PM)
I very scare kena custom, later have to waste money go all the way down to KLIA, waste money and time.
Same as me...had bad experience twice having to go KLIA to deal with the custom...sekejap cakap macam ni sekejap cakap macam tu...don't know which is right anymore! vmad.gif

This post has been edited by svage98: Oct 31 2008, 11:15 PM
+Quote Post
chaybo
post Nov 2 2008, 09:04 PM

if u cant go all the way to KLIA, u can appoint Pos Laju as your agent (must pay them RM44) and then after they clear your detained item, they'll send it to the nearest Pos Laju office near your area.

then u just hve to pay the taxes charged by custom + Pos Laju's service charged (RM44).
i think it;s much better since u dont hve to go all the way to KLIA.

they detained my item last time and i sent the receipt of USD92 and then in the end all i had to pay was only RM49.50 (with all the PosLaju charges)!! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
5w33
post Nov 2 2008, 10:52 PM

On my way

Been there quite a few times, so far all the officer I met is really friendly and helpful, they told me how to avoid being tax as well. So everytime it end up that I just need to go there to declare my items, but no tax at all.
Parcel value + shipping cost, if it doesn't exceed RM500, then it's not dutiable. smile.gif
+Quote Post
wussadotcom
post Nov 6 2008, 09:52 AM

On my way

Worse, I ordered ori Sony MP3 player - 3 units from UK and all of them got stolen at Kastam. There is always a tear where they took the mp3 and send me an empty package.
Grrr!!!!! I hate Kastam. Hope the person who took it goes deaf!
+Quote Post
tskhor
post Nov 6 2008, 10:12 AM

On my way

For those furomers who want to know whether you item will be tax by custom, you can check below link, which was post by one of our forumer name "greyshadow". tks to him for sharing this!! smile.gif

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...l=custom+camera

+Quote Post
mwkh_hope
post Nov 6 2008, 10:52 AM

Casual

Well, i would HONESTLY SAYS THAT the goverment are the rules N the rules are the goverment. They do whatever they want, they can, they like. I hardly deal with any big courier in M'sia but my friend ever sent me a box of hard disk which contain of 20~ units 2.5" hard drive which is safely arrive australia.

I had many transaction from US / HK / UK through ebay to purchase my camera stuff N even mac book which i purchase from mainland using registered post, it reaches here safely.

I cant see why the customs have to do such work to "tax" other ppl stuff? Compare to the other country..... haiz.. i don dare to IMAGINE...

*oopss.. forget to mention that I'm at australia.... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
junclj
post Nov 6 2008, 06:46 PM

Casual

I only have bad experience with mainland China. I bought a CD from mainland China before. The guy ship by airmail and it never arrive to me. But except from Hong Kong, I am now only very strictly to buy goods from mainland China.

I have bought one goods from Argentina before, which the guy send me the item via registered mail. I wait, wait and wait.. Almost more than one month. After one month I already conclude that item will stolen by custom. But one day later, I receive a notice card. Then finally I have get my item but it takes me so long to wait.

I have purchase items from US 2 times and both times the seller deliver by normal airmail. I still can get it within 2 weeks (approx 13 days).

And also the rest, I also have purchase many goods from Hong Kong, South Korea, Great Britain, Japan and Singapore before but finally I still can get the items. Except from mainland China. Thats why the sellers from Mainland China are not reliable. Their cost me the shipping cost in cheapest price. But it will guarantee lost in shipping. I guest is 100% stolen by postmen or customs.

Now I have a post from US, the seller ship via USPS Priority Mail International after I negotiate with him the way of shipping. Anybody have the past experience of the USPS Priority Mail International? This kind of service is fast arrive or not? Will it faster than airmail and register mail?

This post has been edited by junclj: Nov 6 2008, 06:52 PM
+Quote Post
svage98
post Nov 6 2008, 08:57 PM

Casual

QUOTE(junclj @ Nov 6 2008, 06:46 PM)
I only have bad experience with mainland China. I bought a CD from mainland China before. The guy ship by airmail and it never arrive to me. But except from Hong Kong, I am now only very strictly to buy goods from mainland China.

I have bought one goods from Argentina before, which the guy send me the item via registered mail. I wait, wait and wait.. Almost more than one month. After one month I already conclude that item will stolen by custom. But one day later, I receive a notice card. Then finally I have get my item but it takes me so long to wait.

I have purchase items from US 2 times and both times the seller deliver by normal airmail. I still can get it within 2 weeks (approx 13 days).

And also the rest, I also have purchase many goods from Hong Kong, South Korea, Great Britain, Japan and Singapore before but finally I still can get the items. Except from mainland China. Thats why the sellers from Mainland China are not reliable. Their cost me the shipping cost in cheapest price. But it will guarantee lost in shipping. I guest is 100% stolen by postmen or customs.

Now I have a post from US, the seller ship via USPS Priority Mail International after I negotiate with him the way of shipping. Anybody have the past experience of the USPS Priority Mail International? This kind of service is fast arrive or not? Will it faster than airmail and register mail?
Yeah...I have experience a couple of time ship using USPS Priority Mail International...so far it's fast and reliable...takes about 5-8days to get to my doorstep (base on my experience so may vary with others) and if did not get detained by custom.
+Quote Post
vailance
post Nov 6 2008, 10:48 PM

wat??

how about FedEx international priority/economy mail? is it FedEx will kao tim all the handling charges and so on for me and bring in front my doorstep? if i kena detained by customs la.. probably will buy a desktop.

This post has been edited by vailance: Nov 6 2008, 10:48 PM
+Quote Post
svage98
post Nov 6 2008, 10:59 PM

Casual

QUOTE(vailance @ Nov 6 2008, 10:48 PM)
how about FedEx international priority/economy mail? is it FedEx will kao tim all the handling charges and so on for me and bring in front my doorstep? if i kena detained by customs la.. probably will  buy a desktop.
Sorry...I'm not sure about fedex. Never used their service before because of high cost.
+Quote Post
junclj
post Nov 7 2008, 12:19 AM

Casual

QUOTE(vailance @ Nov 6 2008, 10:48 PM)
how about FedEx international priority/economy mail? is it FedEx will kao tim all the handling charges and so on for me and bring in front my doorstep? if i kena detained by customs la.. probably will  buy a desktop.
I have 2 times purchase goods are shipping by FedEx. Actually FedEx is quite expensive but more benefit if you purchase from foreign countries because at least FedEx can guarantee your item 100% wont get restrict by custom.

Their service is still ok but their shipping time is just moderate. Not fast and not slow.
From my past experience. It take me wait about 7 days to get the item which deliver from Europe and 3 days arrive to me from Asia countries. Usually they will update the tracking as "delivered" at next day after they give out the parcel. I just get my FedEx parcel today which deliver 3 days ago. The only best service is their tracking system are update so frequently.

FedEx Asia main hub center is located at Subic Bay. Usually most of the goods ship from around the world must pass through there. If the goods ship to Malaysia, it should pass through Subic Bay and transit to "Sepang<-->Subic Bay" FedEx plane. You can see how their route running from the tracking number.
+Quote Post
vailance
post Nov 7 2008, 12:42 AM

wat??

QUOTE(junclj @ Nov 7 2008, 12:19 AM)
I have 2 times purchase goods are shipping by FedEx. Actually FedEx is quite expensive but more benefit if you purchase from foreign countries because at least FedEx can guarantee your item 100% wont get restrict by custom.

Their service is still ok but their shipping time is just moderate. Not fast and not slow.
From my past experience. It take me wait about 7 days to get the item which deliver from Europe and 3 days arrive to me from Asia countries. Usually they will update the tracking as "delivered" at next day after they give out the parcel. I just get my FedEx parcel today which deliver 3 days ago. The only best service is their tracking system are update so frequently.

FedEx Asia main hub center is located at Subic Bay. Usually most of the goods ship from around the world must pass through there. If the goods ship to Malaysia, it should pass through Subic Bay and transit to "Sepang<-->Subic Bay" FedEx plane. You can see how their route running from the tracking number.
dude, you're my savor. Seems Fedex can solve my customs stuck issue and Wat ? they got their own plane? omg.. nice! and yeah i need a reliable tracking system. oh man, im gonna use international priority see how fast i can get my stuff from US. laugh.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
sjn hassan
post Nov 7 2008, 12:48 AM

Member's of MAKAN MEGGI club

emm..aku penah kene 3 kali..tiga2 gune EMS

1. 1st time..so mintak member pickup di KLIA..brg tu harga >1K..at last kene tax RM200 blink.gif (kene bagi duit minyak kat member)

2. skali lagi mintak member pegi settle..brg harga dkt 1k..at last kene rm90 (kene bagi duit minyak lg kat member). pastu kene cover courier caj lagi

3. mitak pos jadik wakil..barang harga dkt 1K....sbbnya takde resit / invois dari seller..at last kene caj rm49.xx jek. pickup kat pos office tongue.gif

aku blh dapat brg tu dlm mase 10-14 hari sbb stuck dkt kustom + etc

Pastu aku cube normal air mail yg ade tracking no. lebih dari 5 kali..setiap parcel >500. takde caj ape2 pun. self pickup kat pos office. bile ade tracking no tu blh cek dkt HK post office / Pos Malaysia

blh dapat brg dlm mase 7 hari thumbup.gif

ni log dari pos malaysia

E-Parcel Tracking result

No. Proses Date Proses Time Post Office Status
1. 24 September 2008 4:38:00 PM PENGEPOSAN DI KAUNTER HONG KONG
2. 27 September 2008 9:58:26 AM PMK KLIA, MALAYSIA RECEIVED ITEM FROM HONG KONG
3. 28 September 2008 11:20:28 AM PB KOTA BAHRU PENERIMAAN KARUNG DARI KLIA UDARA
4. 28 September 2008 12:38:05 PM PB KOTA BAHRU OUT FOR DELIVERY
5. 28 September 2008 3:39:01 PM PB KOTA BAHRU D

Ni log dari HK post office

Posting Date Drop-off Point Origin
24-Sep-2008 Tai Kok Tsui Post Office Tai Kok Tsui Post Office

Date # Location Delivery Status
24-Sep-2008 Hong Kong Item posted.
24-Sep-2008 Hong Kong In transit.
25-Sep-2008 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
25-Sep-2008 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 26-Sep-2008
27-Sep-2008 Malaysia Arrived.
27-Sep-2008 Malaysia In transit.
28-Sep-2008 Malaysia Unsuccessful delivery.
28-Sep-2008 Malaysia Delivered.

This post has been edited by sjn hassan: Nov 7 2008, 12:50 AM
+Quote Post
vailance
post Nov 7 2008, 12:59 AM

wat??

quote from fedex.com.my
"FedEx International Priority
Time-definite, customs-cleared, door-to-door delivery to more than 200 countries, typically in 1, 2 or 3 business days, and next-business-day from Penang to thousands of U.S. destinations."

the word "customs-cleared" meaning no stuck at custom or no nid to pay kopi fee ah?
+Quote Post
junclj
post Nov 7 2008, 01:07 PM

Casual

QUOTE(vailance @ Nov 7 2008, 12:59 AM)
quote from fedex.com.my
"FedEx International Priority
Time-definite, customs-cleared, door-to-door delivery to more than 200 countries, typically in 1, 2 or 3 business days, and next-business-day from Penang to thousands of U.S. destinations."

the word "customs-cleared" meaning no stuck at custom or no nid to pay kopi fee ah?
FedEx will help you solve all the custom matters. Before that I purchase a watch from Europe that cost around RM570. I still can receive it 7 days later. I saw the FedEx priority box there, have some receipt in the plastic bag. I open the plastic bag and check, there have some receipts and custom declaration form.

You no need to worry too much about custom matter if you decide to deliver via FedEx because their staff will help you to solve all the custom matters. Besides, you have to pay an expensive shipping cost just because of their service.

I just take a shot of the custom paper.
user posted image

This post has been edited by junclj: Nov 7 2008, 01:09 PM
+Quote Post
svage98
post Nov 7 2008, 01:30 PM

Casual

So...if my stuff kena tahan is it better to go visit the customs myself or pick pos malaysia as my agent?
+Quote Post
refnulf
post Nov 8 2008, 04:11 PM

I love my Playstation 4

Depends on what item. If it's DVDs, CDs, etc then they probably won't accept any excuse. If it's a football jersey, same thing. Just depends on how much they're gonna charge you.They might drop from 40% to 30% but you'll still pay.

I personally just let the pos fellas negotiate. He'll go talk to them, come back with a value. I'll say still too high, he'll go talk again and try to get it lowered. But prepare to pay big if the item cost is high.

+Quote Post
svage98
post Nov 8 2008, 04:15 PM

Casual

QUOTE(refnulf @ Nov 8 2008, 04:11 PM)
Depends on what item. If it's DVDs, CDs, etc then they probably won't accept any excuse. If it's a football jersey, same thing. Just depends on how much they're gonna charge you.They might drop from 40% to 30% but you'll still pay.

I personally just let the pos fellas negotiate. He'll go talk to them, come back with a value. I'll say still too high, he'll go talk again and try to get it lowered. But prepare to pay big if the item cost is high.
Thanks for your reply..but if dvd or cd why con't they accept any excuse? I mean unless they find I'm bringing in porno stuff I understand tongue.gif
+Quote Post
refnulf
post Nov 8 2008, 04:23 PM

I love my Playstation 4

QUOTE(svage98 @ Nov 8 2008, 04:15 PM)
Thanks for your reply..but if dvd or cd why con't they accept any excuse? I mean unless they find I'm bringing in porno stuff I understand  tongue.gif
In the case of DVDs/CDs they'll normally ask why you had to buy it from overseas and not locally.

+Quote Post
junclj
post Nov 8 2008, 08:47 PM

Casual

Why I always buy Japanese and Korean album CD and DVD from YesAsia but I never face this problem?

But of course the seller write down the value US$10 only on the custom declaration form and usually I still can get within 2 weeks. The custom declaration there write down "CD". But still can pass the custom.
+Quote Post
refnulf
post Nov 9 2008, 04:09 PM

I love my Playstation 4

QUOTE(junclj @ Nov 8 2008, 08:47 PM)
Why I always buy Japanese and Korean album CD and DVD from YesAsia but I never face this problem?

But of course the seller write down the value US$10 only on the custom declaration form and usually I still can get within 2 weeks. The custom declaration there write down "CD". But still can pass the custom.
Depends on the customs, they will hold whatever parcel they want. CDs, DVDs, etc. Best to just put gift and nothing else on the package. The value doesn't matter. I've gotten taxed for parcels worth USD$30 before. Depends on what the sender does, sometimes if the value is really low the customs don't bother too much about it. But some senders will state the full amount on the package. But to be honest, they should only charge tax for anything worth RM500 and above because those items are considered low value and not taxable but with the post office items it's never like that.

+Quote Post
svage98
post Nov 10 2008, 05:16 PM

Casual

QUOTE(refnulf @ Nov 8 2008, 04:23 PM)
In the case of DVDs/CDs they'll normally ask why you had to buy it from overseas and not locally.
Oh-but darn it...what a stupid question if they do ask that. It's because the stuff isn't available locally that I buy elsewhere mad.gif
+Quote Post
broC
post Nov 11 2008, 12:58 AM

hav anyone lost item ordered ??.mycuz faced this b4..he usually order stuff from overseas.. but 1 case,after receive d parcel, he check the invoice,to make sure everything in list.but 1 item lost..the most lawa sweater sweat.gif sweat.gif
he suspect customs took it since the parcel were open and re tapped n got custom stamp.

sumtime malaysia custom tarak boley harap.

+Quote Post
tammylci
post Nov 11 2008, 11:01 AM

my mom sent me a 3kg package from australia. Inside it's just some clothes, some bags she bought for me & my sibblings. The Kastam detained it, n charge me rm50 to send to pos office.

When i arrive at post office, they won't release to me unless i pay rm250 in tax for the package. I WAS LIKE WTF? it stated GIFTS clearly. Why i need to pay tax for gifts send from my mother? and some are not even new!

Aparently my mom didn't cut of the tags on the bags (which is in aud but darn cheap.. 10 or 15 aud) and the KASTAMS charge me rm250 for the whole box!!!!!

my bro explain and explain to them, they don't accept it. The only way is to pay up n they will release the package. DAM MAD!!! so.. in the end we paid up. Even my friend who work b4 in kastam advise me to pay up bcoz it's big package and there is price tags inside.

regret betul...
+Quote Post
applelee
post Nov 11 2008, 07:30 PM

Group: New Member

me too... now i ald lost a samsung mp3 purchase from singapore via my fren and my friend lsot the trackin number so cant track at all. its ald 1 month, no letter, no call,either from pos office or custom....my friend using reg mail from singpost.......... but last wed, my friend send me an ext HDD and same samsung mp3 player from singapore via reg mail again now ald 4 working days, not news at all... any help and opinion? i know its better use EMS but reg mail cheap for postal. that i regret now. anyone know how to retrieve the items? (ext hdd 2.5' and mp3 player) ....... lst time i bought a pouch and plastic casing for my hp , in 3 days time via reg mail it reach my home address... FAST.. but know this 2 items i dont know how? Any genders and ladies help wud be appeciated.

Added on November 11, 2008, 7:46 pmme too... now i ald lost a samsung mp3 purchase from singapore via my fren and my friend lsot the trackin number so cant track at all. its ald 1 month, no letter, no call,either from pos office or custom....my friend using reg mail from singpost.......... but last wed, my friend send me an ext HDD and same samsung mp3 player from singapore via reg mail again now ald 4 working days, not news at all... any help and opinion? i know its better use EMS but reg mail cheap for postal. that i regret now. anyone know how to retrieve the items? (ext hdd 2.5' and mp3 player) ....... lst time i bought a pouch and plastic casing for my hp , in 3 days time via reg mail it reach my home address... FAST.. but now this 2 items i dont know how? Any gentlemens and ladies help wud be appeciated.

This post has been edited by applelee: Nov 11 2008, 07:46 PM
+Quote Post
pokiman
post Dec 5 2008, 11:03 AM

Getting Started

money solve everyting

Added on December 5, 2008, 5:03 pmif buy from ebay hw???

This post has been edited by pokiman: Dec 5 2008, 05:03 PM
+Quote Post
ariffin246
post Dec 7 2008, 01:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(nordingh @ Jul 18 2008, 11:46 PM)
Last time I order a free (even free postage) 25 pcs Ubuntu CD. My item detain by custom. I only need to Rm18 to get it out.

When I offer them the CD, they say, others already give them and use at home. Someone already pay duit kopi with CD before.. hahaha...

Better go deal with them yourself.
i also receive via post.
but they neva charge anything also
+Quote Post
lunacollection26
post Dec 15 2009, 11:44 AM

help me too..my item di tahan kastam klia..its perfume from US..but i already ask the pos malaysia to settle it for me..this is my first time buying perfume..its about 390 usd..
+Quote Post
amirsubhi
post Dec 15 2009, 01:08 PM

The Power Is IN Your Hand!

usually by go take urself at Pos Malaysia near LCCT will cost much cheaper than u ask pos malaysia to do it by urself

Sometime u can past the tax too!

This post has been edited by amirsubhi: Dec 15 2009, 01:08 PM
+Quote Post
kunyit_kampung
post Dec 15 2009, 02:51 PM

Casual

next time ask the seller to mark it as a gift in custom declaration ( to avoid high custom charges and delays
+Quote Post
kInOzAwA
post Dec 15 2009, 03:05 PM

Full-Time Metaller

QUOTE(howeijie @ Dec 5 2007, 09:15 PM)
Few month back, i request free  SOLARIS operating system DVD from the SUN Microsystem Inc in USA.

They confirm the DVD was post to Malaysia, but until now i still didn received the DVD.

I dont know Malaysia Custom will take away my disc or not .  shocking.gif
lol.. it take time... after 3 months request, only i received a free DVD from solaris. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
djduzker
post Dec 16 2009, 11:56 AM

Enthusiast

share my info..

after you all bought good or some expensive item from internet..for example you bought 5 pairs nike sb shoes from USA.

it's want release from custom without tax you must kautim with supplier to declared about total value is most cheaper compare original price. for example. for orginal price for 1 pair is USD 50, you must talk to supplier just declared only USD 25 X 5 = USD 125 = RM 450. no need pay custom tax & duties..i already do that because everyweek i bought shoes,shirt and all goods in bulk quantities..yesterday 5 pairs shoes arrived to me from UK and no need pay tax.if barang kena tahan sekalipun kalau customs declaration tax dah ada kat box tu just jupe custom in kompleks pos,KLIA and dia akan estimate price kurang daripada RM 500 so you all xkena tax..selalu i punye brg kena tahan sebab kotak dia besar, ye la 5 pairs shoes kat dalam tu..lagi satu kastam slu tahan brg korang bila barang tu sampai hari sabtu or ahad.

Most important, if you all dapat surat yang barang kena tahan tu..please jgn bawa invoice nti kastam akan estimated ikut invoice not ikit customs declaration tag tu...just cakap lupa je la..or forgot letak mana..

For international shipping, if barang itu mahal is better you all pakai shipping service yg ada tracking number like USPS priority mail or expendite mail (UPS,FEDEX mahal sgt, if bought brg dari holand & germany better guna DHL sbb murah mcm normal pos wpun faster shipping).barang sure selamat sampai sbb diorg simpan dalam peti besi.sbb info dari kawan yang kerja kat pos laju..kalau brg yg ada tracking number, diorg xbuka brg tu..if brg xde tracking number,kdg2 brg tu diorg buka if ada yang berharga diorg ambik..perkara ni terjadi kat i sbb i pernah hilang 10 pcs band shirt tahun 2007 and sampai sekarang xjupe and xleh trace...

That all to sharing..

This post has been edited by djduzker: Dec 16 2009, 11:58 AM
+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Dec 16 2009, 01:27 PM

~tUPaI...~

QUOTE(djduzker @ Dec 16 2009, 11:56 AM)
share my info..

after you all bought good or some expensive item from internet..for example you bought 5 pairs nike sb shoes from USA.

it's want release from custom without tax you must kautim with supplier to declared about total value is most cheaper compare original price. for example. for orginal price for 1 pair is USD 50, you must talk to supplier just declared only USD 25 X 5 = USD 125 = RM 450. no need pay custom tax & duties..i already do that because everyweek i bought shoes,shirt and all goods in bulk quantities..yesterday 5 pairs shoes arrived to me from UK and no need pay tax.if barang kena tahan sekalipun kalau customs declaration tax dah ada kat box tu just jupe custom in kompleks pos,KLIA and dia akan estimate price kurang daripada RM 500 so you all xkena tax..selalu i punye brg kena tahan sebab kotak dia besar, ye la 5 pairs shoes kat dalam tu..lagi satu kastam slu tahan brg korang bila barang tu sampai hari sabtu or ahad.

Most important, if you all dapat surat yang barang kena tahan tu..please jgn bawa invoice nti kastam akan estimated ikut invoice not ikit customs declaration tag tu...just cakap lupa je la..or forgot letak mana..
For international shipping, if barang itu mahal is better you all pakai shipping service yg ada tracking number like USPS priority mail or expendite mail (UPS,FEDEX mahal sgt, if bought brg dari holand & germany better guna DHL sbb murah mcm normal pos wpun faster shipping).barang sure selamat sampai sbb diorg simpan dalam peti besi.sbb info dari kawan yang kerja kat pos laju..kalau brg yg ada tracking number, diorg xbuka brg tu..if brg xde tracking number,kdg2 brg tu diorg buka if ada yang berharga diorg ambik..perkara ni terjadi kat i sbb i pernah hilang 10 pcs band shirt tahun 2007 and sampai sekarang xjupe and xleh trace...

That all to sharing..
Thanks for sharing the info.
Is that true they will tahan if reached on Saturday and Sunday?

Another thing to add is that location play a role also.
Butterworth kastam in charge of northern state, Ipoh kastam for Perak state and LCCT kastam for area around KL.
I have a feeling that there is less chances your parcel will be stopped if your address is in KL.
Because there are processing lots of mails compare to other places so some might go through without checking.
+Quote Post
debbierowe
post Dec 16 2009, 02:04 PM

so fast 6 stars di...

bought perfume... sent out from the US perfumiere 7 days ago... hopefully no tax and the custom don't tahan... not much value afterall, and not worth re-sell

bought the very same perfume from a perfumeire based in HK, arrived safely. change to buy caused the US selling it 40dollar+ cheaper, with free delivery (no tracking) ...
+Quote Post
Monica_kinna
post Dec 16 2009, 03:19 PM

QUOTE(lunacollection26 @ Dec 15 2009, 11:44 AM)
help me too..my item di tahan kastam klia..its perfume from US..but i already ask the pos malaysia to settle it for me..this is my first time buying perfume..its about 390 usd..
how many bottles did u import...?

Added on December 16, 2009, 3:31 pm
QUOTE(Monica_kinna @ Dec 16 2009, 03:19 PM)
how many bottles did u import...?
anyone here have experience, import cosmetic @ vitamins..?

without licience/permit...?

that custom release the item...? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Monica_kinna: Dec 16 2009, 03:31 PM
+Quote Post
johnkor
post Dec 17 2009, 11:59 AM

HONDA CR-Z Tuned BY 無限 | MUGEN

I am bringing one Phone for Personal Use , like that aslo need to wait for sometime.

+Quote Post
money2me
post Dec 17 2009, 03:15 PM

anyone bringing in Phone before ?? i think sure kenal walap by the gustam
+Quote Post
teamloks
post Dec 17 2009, 05:05 PM

Regular

i just buy phone frm china and just pass a kastam biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Yo-Mi
post Dec 17 2009, 10:06 PM

i ever kenak but i use tears haha

What is P or P? Purse of Panty?

Garage sale *mostly new item*

Wanna find a present?
+Quote Post
debbierowe
post Dec 21 2009, 09:37 AM

so fast 6 stars di...

QUOTE(lunacollection26 @ Dec 15 2009, 11:44 AM)
a bit worry on my perfume now...

1st time i bought a small miniature from strawberrynet , 7.5ml and on the package they stated "cosmetic" , it passed through the kastam without any hassle. it seemed like they sent it from their Hong Kong vendor.

then i love that perfume (which not available in Malaysia or anywhere near), i found it 40USD cheaper on a US based perfume shop online... so i bought a 28ml bottle, worth RM495 (as shown on paypal)

now it's day 9 (working days, so many public holidays this month!!! lol) am still waiting for my dear perfume... X Fingers !!! drool.gif
+Quote Post
kInOzAwA
post Dec 21 2009, 01:13 PM

Full-Time Metaller

QUOTE(money2me @ Dec 17 2009, 03:15 PM)
anyone bringing in Phone before ?? i think sure kenal walap by the gustam
my friend bring iphone from USA, it's delivered with no trouble at all... tongue.gif
+Quote Post
debbierowe
post Dec 21 2009, 01:37 PM

so fast 6 stars di...

sigh it is true also if those kastam people kinda "like" your stuff and decided to keep it for themselve, their girlfriends, wives and chidlren's christmas gifts... what can we do..?

unless we choose those premiuim shipping company like DHL, FedEx that cover the whole delivery proccess from seller to doorstep.
+Quote Post
IlikePanadol
post Dec 21 2009, 06:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kInOzAwA @ Dec 21 2009, 01:13 PM)
my friend bring iphone from USA, it's delivered with no trouble at all...  tongue.gif
One thing you must understand. Customs will randomly stop and hold items. Usually they look out for big boxes.
Also considered yourselves lucky for being able to bring in iphone and stuff. Once you are stopped by customs, there is no way you can retrieved the phone back even if you want to pay them alot of money.
Per Malaysian Customs and Excise Duty / Tax regulation. Phones and such similar products required AP (Approved Permits) to import in. Even if its a gifts or etc.
+Quote Post
debbierowe
post Jan 4 2010, 09:42 AM

so fast 6 stars di...

USPS Priority Mail International - (package)
package sent 8 Dec 2009
package arrived 30 Dec 2009

good ol 23 days exculde malaysia public holiday, 15 days if public holiday not counted...

but very happy no tahan no tax on my perfume (1bottle , 28ml) just VERY VERY LEMBAP!!!!!

the stamp on the box says "DILEPASKAN 25 Dec 09" those guys work on CHRISTMAS...woo..
+Quote Post
blackra1n89
post Jan 4 2010, 08:45 PM

i have done mine now i still need to pay another Rm103.40 + the 195 !
+Quote Post
fairytales
post Jan 10 2010, 01:47 AM

-edited-

This post has been edited by fairytales: Mar 15 2013, 12:57 PM
+Quote Post
junclj
post Jan 10 2010, 07:21 PM

Casual

the item with a chop "DITAHAN". Usually you can get your item from the nearest post office. but if you don't call the post office to process it, then it will arrive lately usually around 3 weeks to 1 month. I can get it in 2 weeks just because I have the tracking number and I call to Pos Malaysia for the further assistant.

So I got a word "DITAHAN" on the parcel. However, they do not cost me any duties when I unseal the box to show the post officers what I got inside the parcel.

This post has been edited by junclj: Jan 10 2010, 07:22 PM
+Quote Post
happyshirt
post Jan 16 2010, 12:04 PM

Getting Started

uh uh wish me luck. my gift from fren a handbag from the us now sitting the post office i need to go collect. haiiii lucky they didn't decide to sapu it now i just need to convince them its a gift want to tax me meh??
+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Jan 16 2010, 06:35 PM

~tUPaI...~

QUOTE(junclj @ Jan 10 2010, 07:21 PM)
the item with a chop "DITAHAN". Usually you can get your item from the nearest post office. but if you don't call the post office to process it, then it will arrive lately usually around 3 weeks to 1 month. I can get it in 2 weeks just because I have the tracking number and I call to Pos Malaysia for the further assistant.

So I got a word "DITAHAN" on the parcel. However, they do not cost me any duties when I unseal the box to show the post officers what I got inside the parcel.
I think you meant the kastam office.
Didn't cost you anything since you go there on your own and settle with them.

But sometimes the kastam office is far away such as in Butterworth and you are in Penang island.
You can employ pos laju as your agent to retrieve the items for you with a cost and collect + pay them at the nearest pos office.
+Quote Post
missyen
post Jan 22 2010, 05:29 PM

Shucks man. Now that I read most of your replies I'm getting really worried.

First, my supplier sent my parcel using USPS Priority International Parcels and I am super worried whether it will come on time or will get lost somewhere on this earth. Now I know it will take at least a month to reach my area. Sighs.

Then, i am reminded of the customs. My stuff is worth almost USD300, sure kena taxed right? sad.gif Aiyo. I really hope my supplier will send in small boxes so that it will go through customs safely without kena tahan lo. Going to have heart attack leh if have to go deal with custom officers, plus have to go all the way to KLIA. Have to pay around RM200 in tax right? Shucks la, where got so much money? sad.gif Just started my biz and now everything like so bleak, spent so much money to start and already bankrupt? lol. funny la.

I'm getting more and more depressed on this. sad.gif

+Quote Post
corallinkz
post Jan 22 2010, 11:46 PM

Regular

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Jan 16 2010, 06:35 PM)
I think you meant the kastam office.
Didn't cost you anything since you go there on your own and settle with them.

But sometimes the kastam office is far away such as in Butterworth and you are in Penang island.
You can employ pos laju as your agent to retrieve the items for you with a cost and collect + pay them at the nearest pos office.
may you share some info and experience on how to hire pos laju agent to retrieve stuck item at custom?

the custom office damn far frm my area lol. wasted like rm200 today not including the fees juz to get some item. wtf lol
+Quote Post
MNet
post Jan 23 2010, 10:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!

what the heck my gift kene tahan at kastam.
its phone.
what to do?
hire pos laju as agent?

Can i ask them to sent to my house?
+Quote Post
happyshirt
post Jan 23 2010, 06:49 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(svage98 @ Nov 10 2008, 05:16 PM)
Oh-but darn it...what a stupid question if they do ask that.  It's because the stuff isn't available locally that I buy elsewhere mad.gif
Yeah i kena 2 korean CD which cannot be found here at all and lagi kena tax mad.gif $%$&%*&% man i tel u. why i pay so much more and shipping if i could buy it here. bloody idiots!!!
before it was ok no prob they send straight to house.
+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Jan 24 2010, 07:03 AM

~tUPaI...~

QUOTE(corallinkz @ Jan 22 2010, 11:46 PM)
may you share some info and experience on how to hire pos laju agent to retrieve stuck item at custom?

the custom office damn far frm my area lol. wasted like rm200 today not including the fees juz to get some item. wtf lol
QUOTE(MNet @ Jan 23 2010, 10:05 AM)
its phone.
what to do?
hire pos laju as agent?

Just call the kastam office and let them know that you are far away and can't go to their office.
They will ask you to show them via fax / email of the invoice / price of the items. Then you have to agree to let pos laju bring the items to the nearest pos office. You have to collect and pay pos laju the cost before they hand the item to you.
+Quote Post
corallinkz
post Jan 24 2010, 04:16 PM

Regular

QUOTE(MNet @ Jan 23 2010, 10:05 AM)
its phone.
what to do?
hire pos laju as agent?

for phone for sure kene tahan maa.
u'll get 10% tax + sirim and other few thingys i gues need to pay them
+Quote Post
corallinkz
post Jan 24 2010, 04:17 PM

Regular

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Jan 24 2010, 07:03 AM)
Just call the kastam office and let them know that you are far away and can't go to their office.
They will ask you to show them via fax / email of the invoice / price of the items. Then you have to agree to let pos laju bring the items to the nearest pos office. You have to collect and pay pos laju the cost before they hand the item to you.
can get discount from pos laju? i mean like item tax rm100, pay them rm50
+Quote Post
lhongwuh
post Jan 24 2010, 05:23 PM

~stary stary nite~

i seriously don't think so...haha
+Quote Post
MNet
post Jan 24 2010, 10:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Jan 24 2010, 07:03 AM)
kastam call me at saturday.
say hire pos laju rm100 total.
phone only rm200

not worth it
+Quote Post
ilovevs
post Jan 25 2010, 10:02 AM

just wanna share my experience here..
i got a call from pos malaysia and my box was held last week by custom. there's 3 options ,

1. You can go there (Pusat Mel & Courier Pos Malaysia, KLIA) and do the clearance yourself, or

2. You can appoint pos malaysia to do the clearance for you. of course there's a handling charges for that. stated in the form RM 49.50.
This charges excluding duty and tax charges. or

3. You can appoint 3rd party agent / forwarder to do the clearance for you.

i decided to go there myself and do the clearance. arrived there around 10am. fill in some form, then they ask me to collect my box. so i collect my box at another counter (also at the same floor) , and then were asked to go to the inspection counter , where there's few custom officer there. i have to open the box and explain what are the items. i bring in some cosmetics items. after checking, they ask me to fill in the custom form (K1) . i have to go back to the first counter, and fill in some info, and wait for the K1 form to be ready about 30-40minutes. the system was quite slow that day.

i have to pay RM 18.00 for the form. no duty for cosmetic items (thank god)

i have to go back to the custom officer again (this time, is pegawai kanan). she check the items again, and look at the form. some q&a again..and finally she signed the form !

i think about 11.20am its all settled smile.gif
+Quote Post
MNet
post Jan 25 2010, 05:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!

If declare wrong thing how?

i order china iphone but declare as 2nd hand mp4
+Quote Post
princelim87
post Jan 28 2010, 11:22 AM

do they open the package to check the item in ur box? o.O
+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Jan 28 2010, 07:40 PM

~tUPaI...~

QUOTE(princelim87 @ Jan 28 2010, 11:22 AM)
do they open the package to check the item in ur box? o.O
They will only open and check inside the parcel once receiving your permission to do so.
+Quote Post
mabaw
post Feb 1 2010, 09:28 PM

Getting Started

i just wanna ask after custom clear the item(as said by the tracking site) how long it gonna be before the item show up at my doorstep?

any special treat for langkawi folk? duty free....... i'm leaving in langkawi so i guessed the custom office is butterworth office?
+Quote Post
soundsyst64
post Feb 1 2010, 09:37 PM

I'm No-Longer-Noobs

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Jan 28 2010, 07:40 PM)
They will only open and check inside the parcel once receiving your permission to do so.
i hardly doubt it. the customs open my package without telling me first. but luckily there's no item missing

user posted image
+Quote Post
mabaw
post Feb 2 2010, 06:20 PM

Getting Started

who is usps partner in malaysia for pririty mail international?

and how it usually take for item to reach our address after clear of custom
+Quote Post
ilovevs
post Feb 3 2010, 11:00 AM

QUOTE(soundsyst64 @ Feb 1 2010, 09:37 PM)
i hardly doubt it. the customs open my package without telling me first. but luckily there's no item missing

user posted image
yup, excatly..they will just open it for checking. most of my box was opened by pharmacy. so far, nothing missing.

Added on February 3, 2010, 11:02 am
QUOTE(mabaw @ Feb 2 2010, 06:20 PM)
who is usps partner in malaysia for pririty mail international?

and how it usually take for item to reach our address after clear of custom
Pos Malaysia is the partner for priority mail.

normally for my parcel, it will reach me around 3-5 working days once cleared custom.

This post has been edited by ilovevs: Feb 3 2010, 11:02 AM
+Quote Post
mabaw
post Feb 3 2010, 12:33 PM

Getting Started

if we want to track it can we use pos malaysia website?
+Quote Post
ilovevs
post Feb 3 2010, 01:57 PM

QUOTE(mabaw @ Feb 3 2010, 12:33 PM)
if u use USPS priority mail , u can track it from usps website here

This post has been edited by ilovevs: Feb 3 2010, 01:58 PM
+Quote Post
soundsyst64
post Feb 3 2010, 02:37 PM

I'm No-Longer-Noobs

QUOTE(mabaw @ Feb 3 2010, 12:33 PM)
we can track using pos malaysia website

USPS ExpressMail International - poslaju
USPS Priority Mail International - posdaftar
+Quote Post
coolice
post Feb 3 2010, 03:37 PM

Team OCD!

Hi guys, i have a parcel shipped with USPS Priority Mail too, it arrived in Malaysia custom last wed and stop updating since then in USPS tracking system
may i know who should i call to check?
+Quote Post
mabaw
post Feb 3 2010, 04:01 PM

Getting Started

same story with me.i kinda worried because the parcel doesnt show up in pos malaysia tracking n not with custom.it kinda like left unattended
+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Feb 3 2010, 04:33 PM

~tUPaI...~

QUOTE(coolice @ Feb 3 2010, 03:37 PM)
Hi guys, i have a parcel shipped with USPS Priority Mail too, it arrived in Malaysia custom last wed and stop updating since then in USPS tracking system
may i know who should i call to check?
QUOTE(mabaw @ Feb 3 2010, 04:01 PM)
same story with me.i kinda worried because the parcel doesnt show up in pos malaysia tracking n not with custom.it kinda like left unattended
Don't wait. Just call the nearest kastam office and provide the tracking number of your parcel.
They will update you the status and also the next course of actions. smile.gif

If you dont know which kastam office, just call LCCT kastam at 03-87872020.
+Quote Post
mabaw
post Feb 6 2010, 12:48 PM

Getting Started

got my item already.it appears at my doorstep 1 day after i mailed pos malaysia call centre asking them to track for me.
for priority mail u need tou use e parcel from pos malaysia to track ur item
+Quote Post
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Feb 6 2010, 03:56 PM

Spirit of Shankly

My brother bought an iPhone last week and he was stopped by custom and asked for undertable $ to let go his stuff. But he bought this item genuinely from a safe trader in US.

Why do they have to do this and ask for "treat" before item is released.
+Quote Post
mabaw
post Feb 7 2010, 08:55 PM

Getting Started

because this is malaysia ma
everything are possible
+Quote Post
iphoneguy08
post Feb 7 2010, 11:51 PM

Getting Started

1 Malaysia Boleh!
+Quote Post
happyshirt
post Feb 21 2010, 04:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ilovevs @ Jan 25 2010, 10:02 AM)

2. You can appoint pos malaysia to do the clearance for you. of course there's a handling charges for that. stated in the form RM 49.50.
This charges excluding duty and tax charges. or

Wanna ask bout the rm49.50. I had to collect my stuff at the Butterworth post office and then they tol me the kastam form is Rm49.50. Is it RM49.50 for KASTAM PUNYA FORM? that they charged me or is it handling charges. Cos walau-leh Malaysia really Boleh man i tel u. They took 45 minutes to key in the tax form. if me i think iw ud hv taken 5 min max 10 min how i know cos slow motion.... sloww, sloow then chit chat lagi. So my fren who went with me said now wonder charge rm49.50 for form cos take so long to comple doh.gif

my brother said slow mo was cos i didn't pay duit kopi. haiii.
+Quote Post
Xero800
post Mar 4 2010, 01:54 AM

Hey guys, can I check if anyone's bought any exquisite watches overseas such as Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, etc and got it shipped back? I'm looking to buy a pretty expensive watch, around RM 90k and getting it couriered via either DHL or FEDEX. I heard watches are non dutiable and would appreciate if anyone's got any feedback regarding purchasing watches overseas. Thanks!
+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Mar 6 2010, 11:43 PM

~tUPaI...~

QUOTE(happyshirt @ Feb 21 2010, 04:03 PM)
Wanna ask bout the rm49.50. I had to collect my stuff at the Butterworth post office and then they tol me the kastam form is Rm49.50. Is it RM49.50 for KASTAM PUNYA FORM? that they charged me or is it handling charges. Cos walau-leh Malaysia really Boleh man i tel u. They took 45 minutes to key in the tax form. if me i think iw ud hv taken 5 min max 10 min how i know cos slow motion.... sloww, sloow then chit chat lagi. So my fren who went with me said now wonder charge rm49.50 for form cos take so long to comple  doh.gif

Your items kena tax or not in the first place?

If no tax, then don't have to pay them anything.
And I do agree that they are slow when doing their works. Just take their own sweet time.
+Quote Post
bbjslee
post Mar 7 2010, 01:52 PM

Benkyo benkyo benkyo

QUOTE(Xero800 @ Mar 4 2010, 01:54 AM)
Hey guys, can I check if anyone's bought any exquisite watches overseas such as Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, etc and got it shipped back? I'm looking to buy a pretty expensive watch, around RM 90k and getting it couriered via either DHL or FEDEX. I heard watches are non dutiable and would appreciate if anyone's got any feedback regarding purchasing watches overseas. Thanks!
If you don't mind your watches got stolen... go ahead.
Read their insurance coverage well.
+Quote Post
chinleong
post Mar 10 2010, 10:46 AM

Getting Started

Hey guys, Read this! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

user posted image

"Anda Ceria Kami Gembira"

Damn, my item stucked at Kastam also. Butterworth somemore!

This post has been edited by chinleong: Mar 10 2010, 10:48 AM
+Quote Post
ilovevs
post Mar 11 2010, 12:15 PM

QUOTE(happyshirt @ Feb 21 2010, 04:03 PM)
Wanna ask bout the rm49.50. I had to collect my stuff at the Butterworth post office and then they tol me the kastam form is Rm49.50. Is it RM49.50 for KASTAM PUNYA FORM? that they charged me or is it handling charges. Cos walau-leh Malaysia really Boleh man i tel u. They took 45 minutes to key in the tax form. if me i think iw ud hv taken 5 min max 10 min how i know cos slow motion.... sloww, sloow then chit chat lagi. So my fren who went with me said now wonder charge rm49.50 for form cos take so long to comple  doh.gif

the custom K1 form only cost me RM 18.00 i think.. (i can't remember the exact, bt it's definately less than RM 30.00.

RM 49.50 is the handling charges if you asked the pos malaysia to do the clearance for you.(i think this should includes the custom form charges).
filling in the form is fast, but their system sometimes very slow. coz once they completed the form (online) they have to submit to custom (online) and wait for their reply, there and then. once custom has reply only they can print out the form..

most probably your items has no tax + duty. but RM 49.50 is still ok compare if you want to do the clearance yourself and go to KLIA all the way from Penang rite? wink.gif

or even if you appoint a forwarder to do the clearance , it will be more expensive..

+Quote Post
chinleong
post Mar 11 2010, 12:19 PM

Getting Started

I just called the Butterworth Kastam, they said I need SIRIM approval for my GPS sensor.

Can I appoint Pos Malaysia to settle this for me in this case?
+Quote Post
lhongwuh
post Mar 11 2010, 12:33 PM

~stary stary nite~

QUOTE(chinleong @ Mar 11 2010, 12:19 PM)
I just called the Butterworth Kastam, they said I need SIRIM approval for my GPS sensor.

Can I appoint Pos Malaysia to settle this for me in this case?
for SIRIM stuff, i suppose u need to settle yourself.
POS Malaysia only helps u to do custom clearance including tax payment but not for SIRIM matters~
+Quote Post
chinleong
post Mar 11 2010, 01:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lhongwuh @ Mar 11 2010, 12:33 PM)
for SIRIM stuff, i suppose u need to settle yourself.
POS Malaysia only helps u to do custom clearance including tax payment but not for SIRIM matters~
Thanks for the information.

I called up Butterworth Unit Trade & Forwarding 04-3235102 to find out the reason why my item was held by Kastam, the guy who picked up the phone seems like not really clear about the reasons.

Can I request them to forward the item to LCCT Kastam unit? I don't want to go all the way up to Penang to settle this stupid issue.

Btw, do you think their office open on Saturday? For Butterworth Kastam branch.

+Quote Post
Maxkhoon
post Mar 15 2010, 01:49 AM

Getting Started

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1355117

please help me.. this is my first time purchasing item online at Amazon..

so it's a Friends DVD complete box set..I was kind of know about this kastam things today o_O

I never know that if buy things from foreign country will be block and charge for a TAX which is not low!

OMG, so what can I do?
+Quote Post
irmond
post Apr 3 2010, 07:22 AM

Official Safe Trader

QUOTE(keii-kun @ Dec 18 2007, 09:08 PM)

actually, I don't think malaysia support this kind of fabric being sending over.
I heard that they actually banned batik coming from Indonesia. sad.gif

+Quote Post
svage98
post Apr 3 2010, 08:09 AM

Casual

I've bought some batik from Indonesia got no problem...the thing is if you purchased RM500 most likely it will get taxed...including fabric. The trick is to buy less than that.
+Quote Post
zzzzzzzzzzzy
post Apr 3 2010, 10:02 PM

Getting Started

why does it take forever to get thru the lcct poslaju hotline? any one knows thier business hours?
+Quote Post
AskarPerang
post Apr 4 2010, 03:55 AM

~tUPaI...~

QUOTE(zzzzzzzzzzzy @ Apr 3 2010, 10:02 PM)
why does it take forever to get thru the lcct poslaju hotline? any one knows thier business hours?
Working hours the same for all government sector.
8.30AM to 4.30PM with a break for lunch in the afternoon.

But then again, they will be lazy to pick up calls. You have to keep on trying your luck.
+Quote Post
svage98
post Apr 5 2010, 02:00 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Maxkhoon @ Mar 15 2010, 01:49 AM)
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1355117

please help me.. this is my first time purchasing item online at Amazon..

so it's a Friends DVD complete box set..I was kind of know about this kastam things today o_O

I never know that if buy things from foreign country will be block and charge for a TAX which is not low!

OMG, so what can I do?
If the dvd boxset is big or cost > RM500 then Kastam will detain your stuff when arrive. Foreign dvds actually need to get clearance from Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri dan Hal Ehwal Pengguna Malaysia (the building is opposite of Pos Malaysia LCCT) otherwise the kastam will not release your item. So my advice make sure you buy in small shipments costing less than RM500 to avoid getting your items detained by kastam.

This post has been edited by svage98: Apr 5 2010, 02:00 PM
+Quote Post
zax1992
post Apr 5 2010, 11:11 PM

everyone...i need ur helps...i had bought a handphone from HK and wat should I declare it as???is it sure hav to pay tax??if declare as camera or other thing which is less than rm500???
+Quote Post
mykazza
post Apr 23 2010, 12:21 PM

Getting Started

my product are held by custom, no note from pos malaysia.. and the product is within malaysia, why would that hold that ?
+Quote Post
JasonSky
post Apr 23 2010, 12:35 PM

Spectre

QUOTE(zax1992 @ Apr 5 2010, 11:11 PM)
everyone...i need ur helps...i had bought a handphone from HK and wat should I declare it as???is it sure hav to pay tax??if declare as camera or other thing which is less than rm500???
Handphone almost 100% will get taxed. Don't bother declaring a different name as Customs will know its a handphone. Once they hold the item you will need to go to SIRIM to get an approval sticker. There are a few additional charges that you will need to pay.

QUOTE(mykazza @ Apr 23 2010, 12:21 PM)
my product are held by custom, no note from pos malaysia.. and the product is within malaysia, why would that hold that ?
Depends, what kinda items you are posting?
+Quote Post
mykazza
post Apr 23 2010, 01:50 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(JasonSky @ Apr 23 2010, 12:35 PM)
Depends, what kinda items you are posting?
car parts
+Quote Post
todd14
post Apr 23 2010, 06:56 PM

sorry for replyin
wrong press
how do i delete tis post?

This post has been edited by todd14: Apr 23 2010, 06:57 PM
+Quote Post
lhongwuh
post Apr 23 2010, 07:48 PM

~stary stary nite~

QUOTE(mykazza @ Apr 23 2010, 01:50 PM)
car parts
just give them a call if u did not received the kastam letter.
Is it detained or it's just under inspection?
don't get those 2 mixed up smile.gif
+Quote Post
irene soong
post Jun 3 2010, 08:28 PM

i'd bought 5 dresses + shirts from singapore and the items have yet to reach me. it has already been 2 weeks.

can anyone tell me if it's normal to wait for such a long period of time? or it's highly probable that my parcel has been held by the kastam?

i used normal mail anyway =(

please guide me, i am really helpless =(
+Quote Post
roticanai92
post Jun 4 2010, 01:18 AM

Baby Audiophiler~

QUOTE(irene soong @ Jun 3 2010, 08:28 PM)
i'd bought 5 dresses + shirts from singapore and the items have yet to reach me. it has already been 2 weeks.

can anyone tell me if it's normal to wait for such a long period of time? or it's highly probable that my parcel has been held by the kastam?

i used normal mail anyway =(

please guide me, i am really helpless =(
maybe u can try to wait for another week?
normal mail is slow, so maybe u have to be patient.
any tracking number given?
+Quote Post
nanakopy87
post Jun 5 2010, 01:12 PM

You were...

normal mail dun hv tracking code.i dun think they will tahan 6 clothes rite?since its not in bulk.but how much total those clothes are?
anyway,anyone facing problems wit pos malaysia recently?i ordered something frm japan recently.they had shipped my stuff on 24th,but i haven receive it yet.it suppose to reach on tis week,but no.
+Quote Post
sranua
post Jun 7 2010, 03:39 PM

Enthusiast

My bro had receive several items from his Londoner's friend such as HP Laptop, gold watches and Nokia Communicator.
Now it was being held by the Custom and somebody from the Custom ask my bro to ready RM5000.00 in order to bail out the goods.
Question here..
1. Is he a genuine Custom Officer since he contact my bro using his handphone and not official govt. telephone.
2. Did he need to fork out rm5000.00 just to to ensure he get the goods.
What for rm5000.00
+Quote Post
newbi3s
post Jun 7 2010, 03:53 PM

FALIQ

QUOTE(sranua @ Jun 7 2010, 03:39 PM)
My bro had receive several items from his Londoner's friend such as HP Laptop, gold watches and Nokia Communicator.
Now it was being held by the Custom and somebody from the Custom ask my bro to ready RM5000.00 in order to bail out the goods.
Question here..
1. Is he a genuine Custom Officer since he contact my bro using his handphone and not official govt. telephone.
What for rm5000.00
Nope it's not genuine
+Quote Post
lhongwuh
post Jun 7 2010, 03:57 PM

~stary stary nite~

Question here..
What for rm5000.00
1.100% not genuine blush.gif
2.Pay tax according to the proper Tariff set. 5K is a lot even for tax.
+Quote Post
newbi3s
post Jun 7 2010, 03:58 PM

FALIQ

That's conman for sure
+Quote Post
sranua
post Jun 7 2010, 04:10 PM

Enthusiast

I better warn my bro....this is 1st time receiving goods from oversea...I guess people want to take advantage.
+Quote Post
corallinkz
post Jun 9 2010, 03:38 AM

Regular

Question here..
What for rm5000.00
BANKIN and get SCAMMED. good luck.
+Quote Post
Dreamworkz
post Jun 10 2010, 11:48 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(corallinkz @ Jun 9 2010, 03:38 AM)
BANKIN and get SCAMMED. good luck.
He should receive the arrvial notice as well as the notificaton frm Customs, this is the procedure in KLIA cargo clearance.
Believe those whom have called him could be a freelance agent that does clearance ad-hoc for such consignment brows.gif

My advice is meet him and discuss further otherwise ignore him and DIY icon_idea.gif
+Quote Post
corallinkz
post Jun 10 2010, 12:12 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Dreamworkz @ Jun 10 2010, 11:48 AM)
He should receive the arrvial notice as well as the notificaton frm Customs, this is the procedure in KLIA cargo clearance.
Believe those whom have called him could be a freelance agent that does clearance ad-hoc for such consignment  brows.gif

My advice is meet him and discuss further otherwise ignore him and DIY  icon_idea.gif
no such thing as clearance agents for item like phone etc, customs will call direct from their office. at least based on my experience. and u can meet up personally, ask their to proof how genuine they are by asking abt the kad kuasa from them.

@sranua case, this is typical NIGGER scammed case. well, heard alot of it actly.
+Quote Post
K.I.T.T
post Jun 10 2010, 01:31 PM

Casual

if 1000pcs mouse from China how to kira the tax?
+Quote Post
Dreamworkz
post Jun 10 2010, 02:16 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(K.I.T.T @ Jun 10 2010, 01:31 PM)
if 1000pcs mouse from China how to kira the tax?
If it's optical mouse then is should be DUTY free ! if life mouse hmm.gif band from entering rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
K.I.T.T
post Jun 10 2010, 08:36 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Dreamworkz @ Jun 10 2010, 02:16 PM)
If it's optical mouse then is should be DUTY free ! if life mouse hmm.gif  band from entering rolleyes.gif
why no tax? 1000pcs woo.
+Quote Post
Dreamworkz
post Jun 10 2010, 09:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(K.I.T.T @ Jun 10 2010, 08:36 PM)
why no tax? 1000pcs woo.
The item is classified under IT products accessories... icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
huangyong
post Jul 19 2010, 07:00 PM

Getting Started

what if items kena stolen in kastam?
can file complaints? (i think it is useless)
can report police? (i think they don't care)

there must be some way to fight against this kind of things..

media? or make it political issues? wadever...
+Quote Post
UserU
post Jul 20 2010, 02:44 PM

(⌐■_■) YEEEAAAHHHH!
Group Icon
Kopitiam
Group: Elite

Nothing, except a refund from the company/ individual. Seriously, Malaysia has issues when it comes to these kind of things. Two similar cases has already happened to me:
1) Ordered an item from Play-Asia since 24th May. Sent through Air Economy Box(insured, but no tracking number). Almost 2 months have passed and I have never received any letter from the custom or the post office to collect the item. Contacted P-A support and they were very confused with the mishap. Got refunded in store credits after that.

2) Friend sent a handphone from Australia in March. Until now, I still haven't heard any news about it. Unfortunately, my friend lost the tracking number so there's no way to track it.

Definitely some imbeciles on our side that sabotages our belongings.

This post has been edited by UserU: Jul 20 2010, 02:46 PM
+Quote Post
huangyong
post Jul 20 2010, 03:28 PM

Getting Started

possible gang up and call for class action,, at least make headline man..hahaha
+Quote Post
abubin
post Jul 20 2010, 04:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

always buy insurance and keep the tracking no. If you are careless, you can't blame people for it. Blame yourselves. If those already done but still missing then can claim insurance. No need to waste your time tracking the item.
+Quote Post
steventan85
post Jul 22 2010, 10:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!

can i import perfume from amazon.com ? will customs stop it and not allowed it to come in ? any taxes ? thx
+Quote Post
huangyong
post Jul 23 2010, 09:58 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(steventan85 @ Jul 22 2010, 11:10 AM)
can i import perfume from amazon.com ? will customs stop it and not allowed it to come in ? any taxes ? thx
i think liquid is kinda difficult, i kena for skin care b4...
+Quote Post
steventan85
post Jul 23 2010, 10:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(huangyong @ Jul 23 2010, 09:58 AM)
i think liquid is kinda difficult, i kena for skin care b4...
they hold ur items for weeks? or they tax on ur item ?

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
4Rings
post Jul 23 2010, 10:40 AM

Lord of the Rings

Skin care products need registration. I am not sure about perfume. There are 2 reasons if your parcel is detained by customs. 1 is you have to pay duty. 2 is your goods are confiscated for illegal import. Once confiscated you can say goodbye to your goods or resend back to your supplier or send to Singapore and collect from there.
+Quote Post
hikarireika
post Aug 22 2010, 12:00 AM

I bought a CD + 1 tshirt + 1 poster from the US (it's bundled). The total is approx just over RM100. Will that kena tahan also?

I'm wondering coz my item was shipped 12th June. Now is 21 August rclxub.gif
I read another user here bought 2cd from Korea and that kena tahan + pay tax also. I scared mine will also kena the same but I still haven't gotten any notice from kastam or pos malaysia or anyone sad.gif

I didn't pay extra for insurance + tracking number.. So now I dunno where my parcel went cry.gif so regret!
+Quote Post
leroy87
post Sep 5 2010, 09:07 PM

Casual

Hi guys,
I plan to buy a rear tail light for my car, 1 pair of it.
I was wondering will this specific item be taxed. The value of the item sold in ebay is around USD69.99.
Seller will be using USPS priority.. If kena tax or tahan, will custom inform me? or send me letter? Please enlighten me thanks....
+Quote Post
XiuKeong
post Sep 5 2010, 11:20 PM

[OMG] Sweetie™

If I buy bag from Amazon, no tax will be charged right?
+Quote Post
rEDs
post Sep 5 2010, 11:44 PM

җ- Z e B r a H e a D -җ

QUOTE(leroy87 @ Sep 5 2010, 04:07 PM)
Hi guys,
I plan to buy a rear tail light for my car, 1 pair of it.
I was wondering will this specific item be taxed. The value of the item sold in ebay is around USD69.99.
Seller will be using USPS priority.. If kena tax or tahan, will custom inform me? or send me letter? Please enlighten me thanks....
for this price, no tax and peace of mind delivery.
+Quote Post
leroy87
post Sep 6 2010, 09:45 AM

Casual

so they will refer how much the seller declare the price of the product on the parcel?
Since this is taillamp for a car, i think the weight is around 2kg and the box sure is like quite big. And of coz these lights is hard to get in Malaysia thast why i order online.. i don think they will tax right cause it doesnt harm Malaysia businessman also..
Please advise...
Using USPS will provide tracking and all the details right?
+Quote Post
charkuoi
post Sep 6 2010, 07:14 PM

I buy 2 item. 1 from canada n 1 from hong kong. i waited for 2 months but still dun receive the item. i oredi email kastam 2 ask about the procedure to let go my item. but still dun hv any reply...
+Quote Post
leroy87
post Sep 7 2010, 02:48 PM

Casual

bro 2 months is too long man..
call
Pusat Panggilan Kastam
Tel: 03-78067200
Faks: 03-78067599

and ask.. before the raya holidays u better ask now...goodluck
+Quote Post
qwer312
post Sep 8 2010, 09:30 PM

Getting Started

for regular airmail without registered (SAL unregistered) from japan, i wonder whether can i go to KLIA and give my address and name to the customs ppl for them to check whether my regular airmail is being hold by them or not? I also dont have any tracking number and receive any letter from postman regarding this airmail.

This post has been edited by qwer312: Sep 8 2010, 09:34 PM
+Quote Post
leroy87
post Sep 8 2010, 11:59 PM

Casual

how long has it been?
+Quote Post
qwer312
post Sep 9 2010, 03:16 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(leroy87 @ Sep 8 2010, 11:59 PM)
how long has it been?
1 and half months...
+Quote Post
Stephen Hong
post Sep 10 2010, 04:30 PM

QUOTE(leroy87 @ Sep 6 2010, 09:45 AM)
so they will refer how much the seller declare the price of the product on the parcel?
Since this is taillamp for a car, i think the weight is around 2kg and the box sure is like quite big. And of coz these lights is hard to get in Malaysia thast why i order online.. i don think they will tax right cause it doesnt harm Malaysia businessman also..
Please advise...
Using USPS will provide tracking and all the details right?
this is taxable item, if cif value more than RM500, sure kena....

Added on September 10, 2010, 4:32 pm
QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Sep 5 2010, 11:20 PM)
If I buy bag from Amazon, no tax will be charged right?
if cif value > RM500, have to pay tax.

This post has been edited by Stephen Hong: Sep 10 2010, 04:32 PM
+Quote Post
leroy87
post Sep 15 2010, 09:07 AM

Casual

Out of Foreign Customs, September 14, 2010, 8:03 pm, MALAYSIA

Means sudah lepas frm kastam right???
+Quote Post
World_of_Julie
post Sep 15 2010, 12:19 PM

QUOTE(leroy87 @ Sep 15 2010, 09:07 AM)
Out of Foreign Customs, September 14, 2010, 8:03 pm, MALAYSIA

Means sudah lepas frm kastam right???
(I)
Seeing that for live! tracking usually means your courier service provider got it thru so far out of customs.

(II)
Majority international courier service providers will need to allow / go thru poslaju Malaysia (which uses EMS worldwide system) once they reach Malaysia - bagi mereka bisnes juga.

Unless you pay for the hefty premium choosing UPS, DHL, FeDex's league.

(III)
Some goodie items passing thru H.K. (historical case) or certain regional hubs does have a statistic of getting lost (human reason). Simply file for lost and receive the max of what you can claim while not everything int'l can be insured... pending courier organizations. After a long period, you might find your parcel somehow if being luckily-unlucky, with the claim monies as extra...

(IV)
Tis not USA and not necessary Tax Free Mail-Order purchases.
Gotta provide the "respect" for each country's 'law' however they may like to interpret it at operational level.

(V-a)
If got hold up by customs, you can ask your "only choice of local courier company" to help you pay for it, or go in person to pay for it yourself [perhaps some negotiation upon arrangement].
Tax Tariff Excise Duty Insurance Handling etc will apply. +++ Best be prepared to know your category code and done much homework.

(V-b)
Confiscated or other detained reasons = not so handsome.
Settle in person within the X days, else item will be returned / unknown haha.

(VI)
But heck, you get to ride the numbers thru courier, a gamble if it's not important:
Aiya kena tax then tax me, if got caught tis batch no value liao-lor. But if not, oredi within acceptable risk taken.
Pending your art of description, advised to be as per described still - else tak ada bagi muka, you may 've to pay heavily to even get the itinerary out if possible at all.

_ _ _

OR... should it be a cyclical routine, and it's a business to you,
you may explore the way economical rate, and find the right specialists suitable for where you want it from, and to where.

[ commercial: importation handling & services ]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ And there's also optional services and solution providers to contribute their part in helping and facilitating the many facets and trading counries' shipping and customs handling.

This' a sample focusing mainly on assisting in importation of your cargo (from your supplier/ partner/ factory in P.R. China) to Malaysia:

--- Be it a small trading house, SOHO, online retailer.
--- Your cargo can range from small items, to specialized container(s).

user posted image
A small box, few parcels, segregated cargo or containers.

user posted image
Shipping, Customs Handling, Tax Tariffs Excise Duty, Paperworks, etc., all the way to your doorstep.

_ _ _ _ _

POST WILL BE UPDATED SOON: Currently under construction - this just a preview.

My apologies for our current handling capacity, recommended to await when more systems are in place and I can serve you in person better.

MSN Live! chat - Even faster if you've an existing Client Servicing Account:
*** JulieShipping.Asia-111A1 [at] worldofjulie [dot] net
*** JulieShipping.Asia-222B2 [at] worldofjulie [dot] net
+Quote Post
leroy87
post Sep 15 2010, 01:47 PM

Casual

thanks alot for the useful tips julie!
+Quote Post
qwer312
post Sep 24 2010, 11:46 PM

Getting Started

i want to ask did customs have or keep the record of unregistered parcel? mean the parcel do not have any tracking number. I just wondering can i phone call customs and provide my name and address to them to check whether my parcel is hold or detain by them? ...since these day our godlike postman is possible to forget to send the notice letter from customs.

Because i have 4 unregistered SAL parcel sent from japan at early of this month, 2 of the parcel which declare low value alrdy arrive, another 2 parcel which declare about rm300-400 each still not yet arrive...i wondering what happen. Anyone know phone number of LCCT/KLIA customs?
+Quote Post
Lando@potretqaseh
post Mar 8 2011, 01:12 PM

What about photographic item.my item kena tahan.i thought photographic item is free from tax
+Quote Post
vat69sf
post Mar 17 2011, 02:13 PM

CAN SOME HELP ME..

I ORDER FLASHLIGHT FROM U.S AND THE PRICE IS USD150 AND POSTAGE USD20..THEY USING USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL FLAT RATE ENVELOPE..THEY SENT OUT THE ITEM ON 15/03/2011..SO MY QUESTION IS:-

1. HOW MUCH I NEED TO PAY TO CUSTOM AS TAX? and
2. HOW MANY DAYS THE ITEM TAKES TO ARRIVE IN MALAYSIA? PLEASE ESTIMATE ON WHAT DAY THE ITEM ARRIVE AND DATE?

THANKS...

+Quote Post
ndgoh
post Mar 17 2011, 03:17 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(vat69sf @ Mar 17 2011, 02:13 PM)
CAN SOME HELP ME..

I ORDER FLASHLIGHT FROM U.S AND THE PRICE IS USD150 AND POSTAGE USD20..THEY USING USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL FLAT RATE ENVELOPE..THEY SENT OUT THE ITEM ON 15/03/2011..SO MY QUESTION IS:-

1. HOW MUCH I NEED TO PAY TO CUSTOM AS TAX? and
2. HOW MANY DAYS THE ITEM TAKES TO ARRIVE IN MALAYSIA? PLEASE ESTIMATE ON WHAT DAY THE ITEM ARRIVE AND DATE?

THANKS...
Photographic material are custom free. If the total cost exceeds RM500, kastam may tahan. Have to ask Poslaju clear on your behalf (They will contact you) The charges are approx. RM50.

Arrival date approx +- 10 working days.
+Quote Post
vat69sf
post Mar 18 2011, 10:11 AM

CAN SOME HELP ME..

THE SELLER USED Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope AND MY QUESTION IS:

1. CAN I TRACE MY ITEM WHEN THE SELLER USING THIS TYPE OF SERVICE FROM USPS?

2. CAN I CLAIM IF MY ITEM IS NOT ARRIVE IN MALAYSIA WHEN THE SELLER USING THIS TYPE OF SERVICE FROM USPS?

3. HOW DID WE GET THE TRACKING NUMBER? IS IT GAVE BY THE SELLER OR EMAIL BY USPS?

THANKS..
+Quote Post
amirsubhi
post Mar 18 2011, 10:21 AM

The Power Is IN Your Hand!

QUOTE(vat69sf @ Mar 18 2011, 10:11 AM)
CAN SOME HELP ME..

THE SELLER USED Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope AND MY QUESTION IS:

2. CAN I CLAIM IF MY ITEM IS NOT ARRIVE IN MALAYSIA WHEN THE SELLER USING THIS TYPE OF SERVICE FROM USPS?

3. HOW DID WE GET THE TRACKING NUMBER? IS IT GAVE BY THE SELLER OR EMAIL BY USPS?

THANKS..
if usps, you can track it using Pos malaysia ig it has arrived malaysia(you can check at usps to know wether has arrived malaysia or not..just key in the tracking number
+Quote Post
Jenglot
post Mar 19 2011, 12:07 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(vat69sf @ Mar 18 2011, 10:11 AM)
CAN SOME HELP ME..

THANKS..
ur keyboard rosak aa???
+Quote Post
vat69sf
post Mar 19 2011, 04:01 AM

ONE OF THE SELLER ON EBAY SAY THAT:

"hello my friend, your item has posted. United states parcel service does not track packages with tracking numbers to overseas. Your package is attached with a customs number LC86473841US"

IS IT POSSIBLE I CAN NOT TRACE THE CUSTOM NUMBER GIVEN IN USPS WEBSITE..OR SELLER IS A LIAR AND HE NEVER SHIPPING THE ITEM..

THANKS...
+Quote Post
Strawberry<3
post Mar 19 2011, 10:47 AM

www.ai-syoping.com

QUOTE(vat69sf @ Mar 19 2011, 04:01 AM)

"hello my friend, your item has posted. United states parcel service does not track packages with tracking numbers to overseas. Your package is attached with a customs number LC86473841US"

IS IT POSSIBLE I CAN NOT TRACE THE CUSTOM NUMBER GIVEN IN USPS WEBSITE..OR SELLER IS A LIAR AND HE NEVER SHIPPING THE ITEM..

THANKS...
If according to here: http://www.usps.com/international/priority...ternational.htm

Online Tracking - Put our delivery information to work for you. Track PMI package shipments. Note: Tracking is not available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes.
+Quote Post
jady
post Mar 19 2011, 11:23 AM

-----camology-----

QUOTE(vat69sf @ Mar 19 2011, 04:01 AM)

THANKS...
USPS cannot track First Class Mail, or Priority Small Flat Rate Box.
+Quote Post
sfwong1
post Mar 19 2011, 02:26 PM

Casual

wanna ask,if example my package cost more than rm500? how would they charge me?i think my item cost around rm2k and i plan to ship 20units here,how the calculation work? anyone mind telling me pls.
+Quote Post
skye_ku
post Mar 21 2011, 09:13 PM

hi all sis/bro...
do u know how the malaysia custom tax for hifi system??
im interested buy the amplifier from ebay...but dunno the procedure.
can any1 here can help??
+Quote Post
Jenglot
post Mar 23 2011, 10:06 AM

Getting Started

Calculatuion will be based on = (Price + shipping + insurance) x exchange rate x import tax ( if there any) x sales tax ( if there any )..

plus some documents fee..
+Quote Post
subaiku
post Mar 23 2011, 08:59 PM

huh, our kastams really daylight robbers... got my first 'kena tahan' experience a few weeks ago... my package was quite a big boxlah... but value was quite low.. not even 300 rm in total, but when i went to pick up my package and opened it up for inspection (my items all old toys and clothes) the kastam lady can ask me like asking for bribe '50 ringgit boleh tak?'.... i said tak boleh also no use, they still die die also charged me 50 ringgit... even tho plus shipping not even over 500rm in total... tongue.gif

a few things i notice though, if u get your package sent from overseas, better not have the sender fill in a pro forma form... i think that allows the kastam to inspect your package and therefore more likely to kena tahan... reason i think so is because so far all my packages that kena tahan is from a shipping forwarder i use and they always do things proper and fill up a pro forma form.... all my years of shipping stuff from US from ebay never kena tahan also.. coz most of the time, the sender is not a business and they don't fill up a pro forma form...
+Quote Post
LuckyDucky
post Mar 24 2011, 03:22 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(subaiku @ Mar 23 2011, 08:59 PM)
huh, our kastams really daylight robbers... got my first 'kena tahan' experience a few weeks ago... my package was quite a big boxlah... but value was quite low.. not even 300 rm in total, but when i went to pick up my package and opened it up for inspection (my items all old toys and clothes) the kastam lady can ask me like asking for bribe '50 ringgit boleh tak?'.... i said tak boleh also no use, they still die die also charged me 50 ringgit... even tho plus shipping not even over 500rm in total... tongue.gif

a few things i notice though, if u get your package sent from overseas, better not have the sender fill in a pro forma form... i think that allows the kastam to inspect your package and therefore more likely to kena tahan... reason i think so is because so far all my packages that kena tahan is from a shipping forwarder i use and they always do things proper and fill up a pro forma form.... all my years of shipping stuff from US from ebay never kena tahan also.. coz most of the time, the sender is not a business and they don't fill up a pro forma form...
what do you mean by pro forma form
do you mean the custom declaration form?
mind to explain ? notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
sherlyn20
post Mar 25 2011, 03:46 PM

Hi! someone post a DVD (a prize) from Australia to me on 7th March 2011. But i haven't received yet. Is that possible it being held by custom? it is just a pcs of DVD only. or i should wait it little bit longer before i have to worry?

Thanks.
+Quote Post
vat69sf
post Apr 1 2011, 10:49 AM

How long it will take the item to arrive in Malaysia from US if the seller used USPS International Standard Shipping?

Thanks..
+Quote Post
sherlyn20
post Apr 6 2011, 02:09 PM

Finally i have received the parcel from australia after 1 month waiting. It send by normal post, no signature required. I think it is being hold by malaysia kastam for so long
+Quote Post
zeannjian
post Apr 25 2011, 06:23 PM

What about iPad 2?

sent via USPS.

Will Kastam kacau?

Thanks.
+Quote Post
newbi3s
post Apr 26 2011, 09:19 AM

FALIQ

QUOTE(zeannjian @ Apr 25 2011, 06:23 PM)
What about iPad 2? 

sent via USPS.

Will Kastam kacau?

Thanks.
By law

Sales Tax: 10%
Import Duty: 0%
Regulatory Approval: SIRIM
+Quote Post
zeannjian
post Apr 26 2011, 10:22 AM

QUOTE(zeannjian @ Apr 25 2011, 06:23 PM)
What about iPad 2? 

sent via USPS.

Will Kastam kacau?

Thanks.
Thank you guys, just wanna inform that my iPad 2 have reach home safe and smooth.
Lucky it get thru kastam.

Thank you for much info!
+Quote Post
nEcROmaNcEr69
post Apr 26 2011, 02:33 PM

Hai, want to ask,
Customs held my item at 16/4, then i got card to from them about my item at 18/4,
Then i appointed poslaju as my agent and my item cleared at 23/4,
So want to ask when my item will arrive to nearest post office? today is 26/4. -.-
+Quote Post
davinlicious
post Apr 26 2011, 07:16 PM

Getting Started

do u have a tracking number?
or u can visit the nearest poslaju office
+Quote Post
newbi3s
post Apr 26 2011, 11:05 PM

FALIQ

QUOTE(davinlicious @ Apr 26 2011, 07:16 PM)
do u have a tracking number?
or u can visit the nearest poslaju office
call them first to check
+Quote Post
nEcROmaNcEr69
post Apr 26 2011, 11:15 PM

I called poslaju klang but got "nombor yang anda dail tiada dalam perkhidmatan". Anyone can help me?
+Quote Post
newbi3s
post Apr 26 2011, 11:29 PM

FALIQ

QUOTE(nEcROmaNcEr69 @ Apr 26 2011, 11:15 PM)
I called poslaju klang but got "nombor yang anda dail tiada dalam perkhidmatan". Anyone can help me?
cannot be lah. What's the number you called?
+Quote Post
lhongwuh
post Apr 27 2011, 12:01 AM

~stary stary nite~

call poslaju general number la..
+Quote Post
nEcROmaNcEr69
post Apr 27 2011, 12:48 AM

QUOTE(newbi3s @ Apr 26 2011, 11:29 PM)
cannot be lah. What's the number you called?
i called 0331678404 n 0331688053. weird rite? taken from their website. blink.gif
+Quote Post
madeleine_1406
post Apr 27 2011, 02:51 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(nEcROmaNcEr69 @ Apr 26 2011, 08:48 AM)
i called 0331678404 n 0331688053. weird rite? taken from their website. blink.gif
u should call this number 1300300300
normally after iu appoint poslaju as agent,mostly ur parcel will arive u in 2-5day time
+Quote Post
tokol87
post May 8 2011, 08:27 AM

Guys i need your opinion,

i just bought 2 set phone from china, and i ask the seller to do packaging just like a gift,

i ask them to declare as a gift which they are agree, and i send the parcel by DHL.

the seller will declared price below RM400 as per my request.

did my parcel still gonna stuck at customs or it will go pass smoothly??

This post has been edited by tokol87: May 8 2011, 08:30 AM
+Quote Post
iampokemon
post May 8 2011, 01:14 PM

Casual

QUOTE(tokol87 @ May 8 2011, 08:27 AM)
Guys i need your opinion,

i just bought 2 set phone from china, and i ask the seller to do packaging just like a gift,

i ask them to declare as a gift which they are agree, and i send the parcel by DHL.

the seller will declared price below RM400 as per my request.

did my parcel still gonna stuck at customs or it will go pass smoothly??
It will pass smoothly. Don't worry. If it is to be taxed, it will be taxed according to the invoice from your seller. If it is considered imitation then it will be confiscated. Good luck
+Quote Post
madeleine_1406
post May 28 2011, 04:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(iampokemon @ May 7 2011, 09:14 PM)
It will pass smoothly. Don't worry. If it is to be taxed, it will be taxed according to the invoice from your seller. If it is considered imitation then it will be confiscated. Good luck
depends on luck as what i kenw phone will need sirim for it
+Quote Post
phat_ox
post Jun 2 2011, 03:43 PM

This post has been edited by phat_ox: Sep 8 2012, 03:17 AM
+Quote Post
naith
post Jun 2 2011, 04:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(phat_ox @ Jun 2 2011, 03:43 PM)
Guys, need some advise. I have been purchasing collectible toys from US and most of the time they are not taxed because the amount is less than RM500.
Today is the first time I got taxed because it is worth RM800. The kastam guy says my name is familiar as I get packages from US quite often. The things that I bought are from different sellers btw and for my personal collection.
He says that even though the amount is not more than 500 but I can still be taxed because I have many packages and I might be getting them for business purpose or something  rclxub.gif  doh.gif
So my questions are, can they tax me even though the amount is less than RM500? Or tax me by combining the amount of different packages?
Personally I think the guy is just bull-ishing  tongue.gif Any ideas?
Actually, they can. I bought some collectibles last month, with the value coming to about RM 15X (excluding shipping, which was about RM 70). But Cargo added RM 384.50 to the freight charges, so the total exceeded RM 500. Then I was taxed for 10% of the "total".

When I inquired with customs about where the freight charges came from, this was the reply I received:

"Tatacara penilaian harga bagi barangan Import adalah berasaskan Sistem Penilaian Kastam Pertubuhan Perdagangan Dunia (WTO) bagi mencapai nilai CIF (Cost, Insurance & Freight). Berdasarkan semakan dokumen yang disertakan, harga belian (cost) adalah RM156.15 (US50.97), insurans 1% atas harga belian RM1.56 dan tambang (freight) RM384.50. Untuk makluman pihak tuan, kadar tambang yang diterima pakai adalah berdasarkan The Air Cargo Tariff (TACT) yang diterbitkan oleh International Air Transport Association (IATA) dimana caj minima untuk dagangan dibawah 5.8kg dari USA adalah RM384.50."

+Quote Post
phat_ox
post Jun 2 2011, 04:40 PM

This post has been edited by phat_ox: Sep 8 2012, 03:18 AM
+Quote Post
naith
post Jun 2 2011, 05:33 PM

Getting Started

It's supposed to be, but I think they assigned their own freight charges since the shipping charges were not declared on the invoice.
+Quote Post
phat_ox
post Jun 2 2011, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post
Xromix
post Jun 3 2011, 04:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(naith @ Jun 2 2011, 05:33 PM)
It's supposed to be, but I think they assigned their own freight charges since the shipping charges were not declared on the invoice.
What if the shipping charges were free (clearly stated in the invoice from the seller under the subtotal)?

Cause I bought 6 pieces of clothes from an Australian store (which amounted to AUD50/about RM165) and they offered free shipping for purchases over AUD50, and I was taxed RM52.79 (10%) because after adding the freight charges according to the Air Cargo Tariff table (RM363.72, what an absurd rate), the total exceeds RM500!

EDIT: Called FedEx, Kastam, FedEx, Kastam and finally FedEx again about this matter (as my parcel was sent through FedEx). I have been told that many people are caught in this situation due to the new amendments made by the Kastam effective 31 March 2011 onwards, regarding the new "freight cost" where the freight cost are quadrupled. shocking.gif . Hence those people who use courier services (DHL, FedEx) with systems that are fully online and synced with KLIA Kastam etc, will most likely be imposed with this ridiculous "freight cost" (as what I have been told through the phone by the FedEx agent). vmad.gif mad.gif . Now I have no choice but to pay this ridiculous amount of tax. sad.gif

How they calculate is your "total" amount taxable is value of items + insurance (1% of item value) + freight charges (according to the table, not according to what you paid!!!)

P/S: I have managed to get the TACT table from FedEX, you can download it as attached.
Attached File  Jadual_kos_tambang__Jadual_A_.pdf ( 18.99k ) Number of downloads: 264

The worst thing about this is that this amendment was 'quietly' implemented (the FedEx guy told me that they didn't even publish any notice or anything in the newspapers informing the public, at most only like 1 small paragraph on the newspaper 2 days ago). So those that are not aware of this change will only find out once they get billed by Kastam, and will have pay the ridiculous charges if they want their item!!!! shakehead.gif vmad.gif mad.gif doh.gif shocking.gif

Just thought I should share what I found out.

This post has been edited by Xromix: Jun 3 2011, 05:30 PM
+Quote Post
phat_ox
post Jun 3 2011, 06:13 PM

+Quote Post
syazwanreno
post Jun 3 2011, 06:50 PM

Won (*3*) Chu Kiss Me?

Hi guys,

This is my first time bought from US and my 1st item got detained by KASTAM.

The item is a sporting goods but it is quite big and its cost <RM2k, but i think it will not be taxed.

Can PosMalaysia be trust for being my agent? Is RM50 is for the service + postage to nearest PosOffice at my place? thanks!

is RM
+Quote Post
naith
post Jun 3 2011, 07:04 PM

Getting Started

I think those not synced with the system will be less likely to be taxed. Since it will probably be done through random checks
+Quote Post
phat_ox
post Jun 3 2011, 08:34 PM

This post has been edited by phat_ox: Sep 8 2012, 03:19 AM
+Quote Post
calmshot
post Jun 3 2011, 08:50 PM

My Name Is ...

QUOTE(syazwanreno @ Jun 3 2011, 06:50 PM)
Hi guys,

This is my first time bought from US and my 1st item got detained by KASTAM.

The item is a sporting goods but it is quite big and its cost <RM2k, but i think it will not be taxed.

Can PosMalaysia be trust for being my agent? Is RM50 is for the service + postage to nearest PosOffice at my place? thanks!

is RM
posmalaysia of coz can be trusted. just pay rm50 for the service charge if there is no tax upon ur item. i've bought more than rm10k and 60% of it got detained by kastam, and i just ask pos malaysia to setel it for me, rather than i go to pos lcct.
+Quote Post
syazwanreno
post Jun 5 2011, 06:22 PM

Won (*3*) Chu Kiss Me?

QUOTE(calmshot @ Jun 3 2011, 08:50 PM)
posmalaysia of coz can be trusted. just pay rm50 for the service charge if there is no tax upon ur item. i've bought more than rm10k and 60% of it got detained by kastam, and i just ask pos malaysia to setel it for me, rather than i go to pos lcct.
so, what am i going to do now to use posmalaysia as my agent? fax this letter? call them?

user posted image
+Quote Post
madeleine_1406
post Jun 7 2011, 05:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(syazwanreno @ Jun 5 2011, 02:22 AM)
so, what am i going to do now to use posmalaysia as my agent? fax this letter? call them?

user posted image
yes fax to them with ur signature on it as to be on behalf to clear the item for you.
neither u can opp to go there urself to collect as sumtimes indeed u dont impose any RM at all..
from there u will felt RM49.50 is a waste
+Quote Post
jezz12
post Jul 1 2011, 12:21 AM

hi im new here so just wanna ask u guys sumtin...
i just bought k&n drop in frm a seller in spore...
will it be detained by our customs?
i mean will i be charged for the filter?
scared after read all the comments need to add RM$$ for the tax sweat.gif sweat.gif

This post has been edited by jezz12: Jul 1 2011, 12:22 AM
+Quote Post
adhoc
post Jul 1 2011, 09:32 AM

5 Star Trader

QUOTE(jezz12 @ Jul 1 2011, 12:21 AM)
hi im new here so just wanna ask u guys sumtin...
i just bought k&n drop in frm a seller in spore...
will it be detained by our customs?
i mean will i be charged for the filter?
scared after read all the comments need to add RM$$ for the tax sweat.gif  sweat.gif
What are you buying bro?
+Quote Post
hkspower
post Jul 1 2011, 12:02 PM

Getting Started

knn air filter
+Quote Post
limhongwoon
post Jul 1 2011, 02:37 PM

Intel Certified - COre I7

QUOTE(hkspower @ Jul 1 2011, 01:02 PM)
knn air filter
If below RM 500 ( Value of Item + Shipping Fee + Insurance ) , U will not be taxed
+Quote Post
fox_shinoda
post Jul 15 2011, 09:04 PM

Getting Started

Anyone got experience with China Post Airmail parcel? I bought some iPad 2 accessories and the website using China Post Airmail RAXXXXXXXXXCN for free postage with tracking

It's been 10 days from the date of posting, but I have not received it yet, is it because Kastam tahan?

The value of my purchase is around USD$80

Maybe someone who have bought item from China and using China Post Airmail can share their experience smile.gif

Added on July 20, 2011, 4:24 pm
QUOTE(fox_shinoda @ Jul 15 2011, 09:04 PM)
Anyone got experience with China Post Airmail parcel? I bought some iPad 2 accessories and the website using China Post Airmail RAXXXXXXXXXCN for free postage with tracking

It's been 10 days from the date of posting, but I have not received it yet, is it because Kastam tahan?

The value of my purchase is around USD$80

Maybe someone who have bought item from China and using China Post Airmail can share their experience smile.gif
After waiting nearly 15 days from the shipping date from China using China Post Registered Airmail, I received my shipment yesterday biggrin.gif
probably too many items that Kastam need to check causing the delay of its need to be send

It was sent using Pos Laju, and it also required my signature smile.gif

This post has been edited by fox_shinoda: Jul 20 2011, 04:24 PM
+Quote Post
summer 69
post Jul 22 2011, 10:39 PM

I received the letter from KUstom Malaysia today. My box was detained by them. sad.gif Would like to ask is there any tax for electronic components? I bought a lot of old resistors from the Garage sale. Just resistor only(5kg). About RM900 (included the shipping costs). Thanks.
+Quote Post
flodder
post Jul 23 2011, 10:46 AM

6 batang ab numb addicted with 6 bintang

go to the nearest custom specified or call posoffice to claim for you but they have changed you money
+Quote Post
ahshen86
post Aug 4 2011, 12:34 AM

QUOTE(syazwanreno @ Jun 5 2011, 06:22 PM)

user posted image
i also get this letter....
if i want to clearance myself.....where should i go???KLIA custom or POS Malaysia????and can i know their working hours amd the telephone number????

my item was worth US120 plus my shipping fees is US80...so total is US200.....how much i should pay for the tax?????.....
+Quote Post
sharpshootersnake
post Aug 4 2011, 05:27 AM

Is it really under the Royal Custom jurisdiction to check all and hold people's private mail/parcel delivery from oversea?
Isn't this POS Malaysia's jurisdiction alone?
+Quote Post
Dreamworkz
post Aug 5 2011, 04:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sharpshootersnake @ Aug 4 2011, 05:27 AM)
Is it really under the Royal Custom jurisdiction to check all and hold people's private mail/parcel delivery from oversea?
Isn't this POS Malaysia's jurisdiction alone?
All inbound shipment or parcel will be screened by ROYAL CUSTOMS upon arrival, clearance by POS malaysia or self only
Jurisdiction is all in CUSTOMS hands thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
sharpshootersnake
post Aug 6 2011, 12:32 PM

QUOTE(Dreamworkz @ Aug 5 2011, 04:03 PM)
All inbound shipment or parcel will be screened by ROYAL CUSTOMS upon arrival, clearance by POS malaysia or self only
Jurisdiction is all in CUSTOMS hands thumbup.gif
All with no exclusion, by all shipment services providers?
I've heard some got away from having to pay the taxes for buying stuff over RM500...in exact RC stuff batteries, but not RM500 per item, multiple same item for over RM500...

This post has been edited by sharpshootersnake: Aug 6 2011, 12:33 PM
+Quote Post
Dreamworkz
post Aug 7 2011, 12:14 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sharpshootersnake @ Aug 6 2011, 12:32 PM)
All with no exclusion, by all shipment services providers?
I've heard some got away from having to pay the taxes for buying stuff over RM500...in exact RC stuff batteries, but not RM500 per item, multiple same item for over RM500...
Precisely !!!, no exclusion namely agents. All have to undergo the same process , strictly on classification and valuation screening upon cargo
arrival.

As you said some got away or escape frm paying taxes., let me briefly share :

- 1 single parcel cost of >RM500 = It will be charged as per duties tariffs ohmy.gif
- Multiple parcel means value of <RM500 = Free to Import with duty & taxes FREE icon_rolleyes.gif
- Multiple parcel with value of > RM500 e.g.( 2 parcel -A box valued at RM350 & B box at RM 400) = Normally under this circumstances you'll not be charged because the tariff will only be imposed to a single parcel which is worth >RM500, but again if they are not fussy on it, its is gamble on luck i would say, get thru you are at safe side otherwise u'll hv to pay sweat.gif

Hope above answers might enlighten your doubts... smile.gif
+Quote Post
k3nji
post Aug 7 2011, 12:35 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Xromix @ Jun 3 2011, 04:12 PM)
What if the shipping charges were free (clearly stated in the invoice from the seller under the subtotal)?

Cause I bought 6 pieces of clothes from an Australian store (which amounted to AUD50/about RM165) and they offered free shipping for purchases over AUD50, and I was taxed RM52.79 (10%) because after adding the freight charges according to the Air Cargo Tariff table (RM363.72, what an absurd rate), the total exceeds RM500!

EDIT: Called FedEx, Kastam, FedEx, Kastam and finally FedEx again about this matter (as my parcel was sent through FedEx). I have been told that many people are caught in this situation due to the new amendments made by the Kastam effective 31 March 2011 onwards, regarding the new "freight cost" where the freight cost are quadrupled.  shocking.gif . Hence those people who use courier services (DHL, FedEx) with systems that are fully online and synced with KLIA Kastam etc, will most likely be imposed with this ridiculous "freight cost" (as what I have been told through the phone by the FedEx agent).  vmad.gif  mad.gif . Now I have no choice but to pay this ridiculous amount of tax.  sad.gif

How they calculate is your "total" amount taxable is value of items + insurance (1% of item value) + freight charges (according to the table, not according to what you paid!!!)

P/S: I have managed to get the TACT table from FedEX, you can download it as attached.
Attached File  Jadual_kos_tambang__Jadual_A_.pdf ( 18.99k ) Number of downloads: 264

The worst thing about this is that this amendment was 'quietly' implemented (the FedEx guy told me that they didn't even publish any notice or anything in the newspapers informing the public, at most only like 1 small paragraph on the newspaper 2 days ago). So those that are not aware of this change will only find out once