Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kastam tahan package from overseas, How to claim

naith
post Jun 2 2011, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(phat_ox @ Jun 2 2011, 03:43 PM)
Guys, need some advise. I have been purchasing collectible toys from US and most of the time they are not taxed because the amount is less than RM500.
Today is the first time I got taxed because it is worth RM800. The kastam guy says my name is familiar as I get packages from US quite often. The things that I bought are from different sellers btw and for my personal collection.
He says that even though the amount is not more than 500 but I can still be taxed because I have many packages and I might be getting them for business purpose or something  rclxub.gif  doh.gif
So my questions are, can they tax me even though the amount is less than RM500? Or tax me by combining the amount of different packages?
Personally I think the guy is just bull-ishing  tongue.gif Any ideas?
Actually, they can. I bought some collectibles last month, with the value coming to about RM 15X (excluding shipping, which was about RM 70). But Cargo added RM 384.50 to the freight charges, so the total exceeded RM 500. Then I was taxed for 10% of the "total".

When I inquired with customs about where the freight charges came from, this was the reply I received:

"Tatacara penilaian harga bagi barangan Import adalah berasaskan Sistem Penilaian Kastam Pertubuhan Perdagangan Dunia (WTO) bagi mencapai nilai CIF (Cost, Insurance & Freight). Berdasarkan semakan dokumen yang disertakan, harga belian (cost) adalah RM156.15 (US50.97), insurans 1% atas harga belian RM1.56 dan tambang (freight) RM384.50. Untuk makluman pihak tuan, kadar tambang yang diterima pakai adalah berdasarkan The Air Cargo Tariff (TACT) yang diterbitkan oleh International Air Transport Association (IATA) dimana caj minima untuk dagangan dibawah 5.8kg dari USA adalah RM384.50."

naith
post Jun 2 2011, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

It's supposed to be, but I think they assigned their own freight charges since the shipping charges were not declared on the invoice.
naith
post Jun 3 2011, 07:04 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

I think those not synced with the system will be less likely to be taxed. Since it will probably be done through random checks

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:42 PM