Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kastam tahan package from overseas, How to claim

SUSLuckyDucky
post Mar 24 2011, 03:22 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(subaiku @ Mar 23 2011, 08:59 PM)
huh, our kastams really daylight robbers... got my first 'kena tahan' experience a few weeks ago... my package was quite a big boxlah... but value was quite low.. not even 300 rm in total, but when i went to pick up my package and opened it up for inspection (my items all old toys and clothes) the kastam lady can ask me like asking for bribe '50 ringgit boleh tak?'.... i said tak boleh also no use, they still die die also charged me 50 ringgit... even tho plus shipping not even over 500rm in total... tongue.gif

a few things i notice though, if u get your package sent from overseas, better not have the sender fill in a pro forma form... i think that allows the kastam to inspect your package and therefore more likely to kena tahan... reason i think so is because so far all my packages that kena tahan is from a shipping forwarder i use and they always do things proper and fill up a pro forma form.... all my years of shipping stuff from US from ebay never kena tahan also.. coz most of the time, the sender is not a business and they don't fill up a pro forma form...
what do you mean by pro forma form
do you mean the custom declaration form?
mind to explain ? notworthy.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.55    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:57 PM