Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kastam tahan package from overseas, How to claim

Xromix
post Jun 3 2011, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(naith @ Jun 2 2011, 05:33 PM)
It's supposed to be, but I think they assigned their own freight charges since the shipping charges were not declared on the invoice.
What if the shipping charges were free (clearly stated in the invoice from the seller under the subtotal)?

Cause I bought 6 pieces of clothes from an Australian store (which amounted to AUD50/about RM165) and they offered free shipping for purchases over AUD50, and I was taxed RM52.79 (10%) because after adding the freight charges according to the Air Cargo Tariff table (RM363.72, what an absurd rate), the total exceeds RM500!

EDIT: Called FedEx, Kastam, FedEx, Kastam and finally FedEx again about this matter (as my parcel was sent through FedEx). I have been told that many people are caught in this situation due to the new amendments made by the Kastam effective 31 March 2011 onwards, regarding the new "freight cost" where the freight cost are quadrupled. shocking.gif . Hence those people who use courier services (DHL, FedEx) with systems that are fully online and synced with KLIA Kastam etc, will most likely be imposed with this ridiculous "freight cost" (as what I have been told through the phone by the FedEx agent). vmad.gif mad.gif . Now I have no choice but to pay this ridiculous amount of tax. sad.gif

How they calculate is your "total" amount taxable is value of items + insurance (1% of item value) + freight charges (according to the table, not according to what you paid!!!)

P/S: I have managed to get the TACT table from FedEX, you can download it as attached.
Attached File  Jadual_kos_tambang__Jadual_A_.pdf ( 18.99k ) Number of downloads: 371

The worst thing about this is that this amendment was 'quietly' implemented (the FedEx guy told me that they didn't even publish any notice or anything in the newspapers informing the public, at most only like 1 small paragraph on the newspaper 2 days ago). So those that are not aware of this change will only find out once they get billed by Kastam, and will have pay the ridiculous charges if they want their item!!!! shakehead.gif vmad.gif mad.gif doh.gif shocking.gif

Just thought I should share what I found out.

This post has been edited by Xromix: Jun 3 2011, 05:30 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.34    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:21 PM