Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kastam tahan package from overseas, How to claim

ilovevs
post Jan 25 2010, 10:02 AM

21 posts

just wanna share my experience here..
i got a call from pos malaysia and my box was held last week by custom. there's 3 options ,

1. You can go there (Pusat Mel & Courier Pos Malaysia, KLIA) and do the clearance yourself, or

2. You can appoint pos malaysia to do the clearance for you. of course there's a handling charges for that. stated in the form RM 49.50.
This charges excluding duty and tax charges. or

3. You can appoint 3rd party agent / forwarder to do the clearance for you.

i decided to go there myself and do the clearance. arrived there around 10am. fill in some form, then they ask me to collect my box. so i collect my box at another counter (also at the same floor) , and then were asked to go to the inspection counter , where there's few custom officer there. i have to open the box and explain what are the items. i bring in some cosmetics items. after checking, they ask me to fill in the custom form (K1) . i have to go back to the first counter, and fill in some info, and wait for the K1 form to be ready about 30-40minutes. the system was quite slow that day.

i have to pay RM 18.00 for the form. no duty for cosmetic items (thank god)

i have to go back to the custom officer again (this time, is pegawai kanan). she check the items again, and look at the form. some q&a again..and finally she signed the form !

i think about 11.20am its all settled smile.gif
ilovevs
post Feb 3 2010, 11:00 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(soundsyst64 @ Feb 1 2010, 09:37 PM)
i hardly doubt it. the customs open my package without telling me first. but luckily there's no item missing

user posted image
yup, excatly..they will just open it for checking. most of my box was opened by pharmacy. so far, nothing missing.

Added on February 3, 2010, 11:02 am
QUOTE(mabaw @ Feb 2 2010, 06:20 PM)
who is usps partner in malaysia for pririty mail international?

and how it usually take for item to reach our address after clear of custom
Pos Malaysia is the partner for priority mail.

normally for my parcel, it will reach me around 3-5 working days once cleared custom.

This post has been edited by ilovevs: Feb 3 2010, 11:02 AM
ilovevs
post Feb 3 2010, 01:57 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(mabaw @ Feb 3 2010, 12:33 PM)
if we want to track it can we use pos malaysia website?
if u use USPS priority mail , u can track it from usps website here

This post has been edited by ilovevs: Feb 3 2010, 01:58 PM
ilovevs
post Mar 11 2010, 12:15 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(happyshirt @ Feb 21 2010, 04:03 PM)
Wanna ask bout the rm49.50. I had to collect my stuff at the Butterworth post office and then they tol me the kastam form is Rm49.50. Is it RM49.50 for KASTAM PUNYA FORM? that they charged me or is it handling charges. Cos walau-leh Malaysia really Boleh man i tel u. They took 45 minutes to key in the tax form. if me i think iw ud hv taken 5 min max 10 min how i know cos slow motion.... sloww, sloow then chit chat lagi. So my fren who went with me said now wonder charge rm49.50 for form cos take so long to comple  doh.gif

my brother said slow mo was cos i didn't pay duit kopi. haiii.
the custom K1 form only cost me RM 18.00 i think.. (i can't remember the exact, bt it's definately less than RM 30.00.

RM 49.50 is the handling charges if you asked the pos malaysia to do the clearance for you.(i think this should includes the custom form charges).
filling in the form is fast, but their system sometimes very slow. coz once they completed the form (online) they have to submit to custom (online) and wait for their reply, there and then. once custom has reply only they can print out the form..

most probably your items has no tax + duty. but RM 49.50 is still ok compare if you want to do the clearance yourself and go to KLIA all the way from Penang rite? wink.gif

or even if you appoint a forwarder to do the clearance , it will be more expensive..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.84    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:56 PM