Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kastam tahan package from overseas, How to claim

junclj
post Nov 6 2008, 06:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

I only have bad experience with mainland China. I bought a CD from mainland China before. The guy ship by airmail and it never arrive to me. But except from Hong Kong, I am now only very strictly to buy goods from mainland China.

I have bought one goods from Argentina before, which the guy send me the item via registered mail. I wait, wait and wait.. Almost more than one month. After one month I already conclude that item will stolen by custom. But one day later, I receive a notice card. Then finally I have get my item but it takes me so long to wait.

I have purchase items from US 2 times and both times the seller deliver by normal airmail. I still can get it within 2 weeks (approx 13 days).

And also the rest, I also have purchase many goods from Hong Kong, South Korea, Great Britain, Japan and Singapore before but finally I still can get the items. Except from mainland China. Thats why the sellers from Mainland China are not reliable. Their cost me the shipping cost in cheapest price. But it will guarantee lost in shipping. I guest is 100% stolen by postmen or customs.

Now I have a post from US, the seller ship via USPS Priority Mail International after I negotiate with him the way of shipping. Anybody have the past experience of the USPS Priority Mail International? This kind of service is fast arrive or not? Will it faster than airmail and register mail?

This post has been edited by junclj: Nov 6 2008, 06:52 PM
junclj
post Nov 7 2008, 12:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(vailance @ Nov 6 2008, 10:48 PM)
how about FedEx international priority/economy mail? is it FedEx will kao tim all the handling charges and so on for me and bring in front my doorstep? if i kena detained by customs la.. probably will  buy a desktop.
I have 2 times purchase goods are shipping by FedEx. Actually FedEx is quite expensive but more benefit if you purchase from foreign countries because at least FedEx can guarantee your item 100% wont get restrict by custom.

Their service is still ok but their shipping time is just moderate. Not fast and not slow.
From my past experience. It take me wait about 7 days to get the item which deliver from Europe and 3 days arrive to me from Asia countries. Usually they will update the tracking as "delivered" at next day after they give out the parcel. I just get my FedEx parcel today which deliver 3 days ago. The only best service is their tracking system are update so frequently.

FedEx Asia main hub center is located at Subic Bay. Usually most of the goods ship from around the world must pass through there. If the goods ship to Malaysia, it should pass through Subic Bay and transit to "Sepang<-->Subic Bay" FedEx plane. You can see how their route running from the tracking number.
junclj
post Nov 7 2008, 01:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(vailance @ Nov 7 2008, 12:59 AM)
quote from fedex.com.my
"FedEx International Priority
Time-definite, customs-cleared, door-to-door delivery to more than 200 countries, typically in 1, 2 or 3 business days, and next-business-day from Penang to thousands of U.S. destinations."

the word "customs-cleared" meaning no stuck at custom or no nid to pay kopi fee ah?
FedEx will help you solve all the custom matters. Before that I purchase a watch from Europe that cost around RM570. I still can receive it 7 days later. I saw the FedEx priority box there, have some receipt in the plastic bag. I open the plastic bag and check, there have some receipts and custom declaration form.

You no need to worry too much about custom matter if you decide to deliver via FedEx because their staff will help you to solve all the custom matters. Besides, you have to pay an expensive shipping cost just because of their service.

I just take a shot of the custom paper.
user posted image

This post has been edited by junclj: Nov 7 2008, 01:09 PM
junclj
post Nov 8 2008, 08:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

Why I always buy Japanese and Korean album CD and DVD from YesAsia but I never face this problem?

But of course the seller write down the value US$10 only on the custom declaration form and usually I still can get within 2 weeks. The custom declaration there write down "CD". But still can pass the custom.
junclj
post Jan 10 2010, 07:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

the item with a chop "DITAHAN". Usually you can get your item from the nearest post office. but if you don't call the post office to process it, then it will arrive lately usually around 3 weeks to 1 month. I can get it in 2 weeks just because I have the tracking number and I call to Pos Malaysia for the further assistant.

So I got a word "DITAHAN" on the parcel. However, they do not cost me any duties when I unseal the box to show the post officers what I got inside the parcel.

This post has been edited by junclj: Jan 10 2010, 07:22 PM
junclj
post Feb 7 2012, 02:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

Just have to advise everyone here, don't buy from foreign countries if the items are available in Malaysia. If you really want buy that items, make sure the items are ship via others couriers but not normal airmail, registered mail. Like YesAsia Hong Kong, last time they ship all their CD/DVD by airmail. However, they are now using DPEX or Toll courier express. The local agent of DPEX is skynet, so the item 100% guarantee will arrive safely. I was ordered SNSD Japanese album with the price of RM180+, sometimes I even order PC games from YesAsia mostly all cost not less than RM150. Even the Korean albums, I order 2 albums together because need to reach the free shipping requirement.
Just have to advise, buy from the suppliers who ship via courier services but not normal airmail or registered mail. Anything regarding Pos Malaysia, 50% will not receive because custom will kacau your items. If you don't want to kacau by custom, please buy from the supplier who only ship via courier services.

This post has been edited by junclj: Feb 7 2012, 02:20 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.70    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:16 PM