> Kastam tahan package from overseas, How to claim

AskarPerang
post Dec 16 2009, 01:27 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,107 posts

QUOTE(djduzker @ Dec 16 2009, 11:56 AM)
share my info..

after you all bought good or some expensive item from internet..for example you bought 5 pairs nike sb shoes from USA.

it's want release from custom without tax you must kautim with supplier to declared about total value is most cheaper compare original price. for example. for orginal price for 1 pair is USD 50, you must talk to supplier just declared only USD 25 X 5 = USD 125 = RM 450. no need pay custom tax & duties..i already do that because everyweek i bought shoes,shirt and all goods in bulk quantities..yesterday 5 pairs shoes arrived to me from UK and no need pay tax.if barang kena tahan sekalipun kalau customs declaration tax dah ada kat box tu just jupe custom in kompleks pos,KLIA and dia akan estimate price kurang daripada RM 500 so you all xkena tax..selalu i punye brg kena tahan sebab kotak dia besar, ye la 5 pairs shoes kat dalam tu..lagi satu kastam slu tahan brg korang bila barang tu sampai hari sabtu or ahad.

Most important, if you all dapat surat yang barang kena tahan tu..please jgn bawa invoice nti kastam akan estimated ikut invoice not ikit customs declaration tag tu...just cakap lupa je la..or forgot letak mana..
For international shipping, if barang itu mahal is better you all pakai shipping service yg ada tracking number like USPS priority mail or expendite mail (UPS,FEDEX mahal sgt, if bought brg dari holand & germany better guna DHL sbb murah mcm normal pos wpun faster shipping).barang sure selamat sampai sbb diorg simpan dalam peti besi.sbb info dari kawan yang kerja kat pos laju..kalau brg yg ada tracking number, diorg xbuka brg tu..if brg xde tracking number,kdg2 brg tu diorg buka if ada yang berharga diorg ambik..perkara ni terjadi kat i sbb i pernah hilang 10 pcs band shirt tahun 2007 and sampai sekarang xjupe and xleh trace...

That all to sharing..
Thanks for sharing the info.
Is that true they will tahan if reached on Saturday and Sunday?

Another thing to add is that location play a role also.
Butterworth kastam in charge of northern state, Ipoh kastam for Perak state and LCCT kastam for area around KL.
I have a feeling that there is less chances your parcel will be stopped if your address is in KL.
Because there are processing lots of mails compare to other places so some might go through without checking.
AskarPerang
post Jan 16 2010, 06:35 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,107 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Jan 10 2010, 07:21 PM)
the item with a chop "DITAHAN". Usually you can get your item from the nearest post office. but if you don't call the post office to process it, then it will arrive lately usually around 3 weeks to 1 month. I can get it in 2 weeks just because I have the tracking number and I call to Pos Malaysia for the further assistant.

So I got a word "DITAHAN" on the parcel. However, they do not cost me any duties when I unseal the box to show the post officers what I got inside the parcel.
I think you meant the kastam office.
Didn't cost you anything since you go there on your own and settle with them.

But sometimes the kastam office is far away such as in Butterworth and you are in Penang island.
You can employ pos laju as your agent to retrieve the items for you with a cost and collect + pay them at the nearest pos office.
AskarPerang
post Jan 24 2010, 07:03 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,107 posts

QUOTE(corallinkz @ Jan 22 2010, 11:46 PM)
may you share some info and experience on how to hire pos laju agent to retrieve stuck item at custom?

the custom office damn far frm my area lol. wasted like rm200 today not including the fees juz to get some item. wtf lol
QUOTE(MNet @ Jan 23 2010, 10:05 AM)
what the heck my gift kene tahan at kastam.
its phone.
what to do?
hire pos laju as agent?

Can i ask them to sent to my house?
Just call the kastam office and let them know that you are far away and can't go to their office.
They will ask you to show them via fax / email of the invoice / price of the items. Then you have to agree to let pos laju bring the items to the nearest pos office. You have to collect and pay pos laju the cost before they hand the item to you.
AskarPerang
post Jan 28 2010, 07:40 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,107 posts

QUOTE(princelim87 @ Jan 28 2010, 11:22 AM)
do they open the package to check the item in ur box? o.O
They will only open and check inside the parcel once receiving your permission to do so.
AskarPerang
post Feb 3 2010, 04:33 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,107 posts

QUOTE(coolice @ Feb 3 2010, 03:37 PM)
Hi guys, i have a parcel shipped with USPS Priority Mail too, it arrived in Malaysia custom last wed and stop updating since then in USPS tracking system
may i know who should i call to check?
QUOTE(mabaw @ Feb 3 2010, 04:01 PM)
same story with me.i kinda worried because the parcel doesnt show up in pos malaysia tracking n not with custom.it kinda like left unattended
Don't wait. Just call the nearest kastam office and provide the tracking number of your parcel.
They will update you the status and also the next course of actions. smile.gif

If you dont know which kastam office, just call LCCT kastam at 03-87872020.
AskarPerang
post Mar 6 2010, 11:43 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,107 posts

QUOTE(happyshirt @ Feb 21 2010, 04:03 PM)
Wanna ask bout the rm49.50. I had to collect my stuff at the Butterworth post office and then they tol me the kastam form is Rm49.50. Is it RM49.50 for KASTAM PUNYA FORM? that they charged me or is it handling charges. Cos walau-leh Malaysia really Boleh man i tel u. They took 45 minutes to key in the tax form. if me i think iw ud hv taken 5 min max 10 min how i know cos slow motion.... sloww, sloow then chit chat lagi. So my fren who went with me said now wonder charge rm49.50 for form cos take so long to comple  doh.gif

my brother said slow mo was cos i didn't pay duit kopi. haiii.
Your items kena tax or not in the first place?

If no tax, then don't have to pay them anything.
And I do agree that they are slow when doing their works. Just take their own sweet time.
AskarPerang
post Apr 4 2010, 03:55 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,107 posts

QUOTE(zzzzzzzzzzzy @ Apr 3 2010, 10:02 PM)
why does it take forever to get thru the lcct poslaju hotline? any one knows thier business hours?
Working hours the same for all government sector.
8.30AM to 4.30PM with a break for lunch in the afternoon.

But then again, they will be lazy to pick up calls. You have to keep on trying your luck.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.25    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:25 PM