Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Weight Loss Thread v3, Ask your weight loss questions here.

Syd G
post Apr 13 2012, 12:42 PM

Mom. Accidental Medical Student.
Group Icon
Health & Fitness
Group: Moderator

Continued from v2

V1
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1056090

V2
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1518200

This post has been edited by Syd G: Apr 13 2012, 04:30 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thelion4ever
post Apr 13 2012, 01:15 PM

Olga Kurylenko
Group: Senior Member

Why isn't there like a pinned sticky about the science behind losing weight ?

Should I make one ?

It would curb the amount of "HOw do I lose weight" threads.
+Quote Post
nightfal
post Apr 13 2012, 01:41 PM

Group: New Member

Losing weights is a big struggle for me
+Quote Post
alvin227
post Apr 13 2012, 01:45 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

losing weight is not big deal, maintain the weight after you losing it is something serious. I am on the process of losing weight now, build up the awareness of healthy lifestyle and selective eating but those delicious are just too tempting. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
VeeJay
post Apr 13 2012, 04:27 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Syd G @ Apr 13 2012, 12:42 PM)
Continued from v2
Thanks Syd G for getting this pinned and the new thread.

Could you also place these links on your first posting as a reference

V1
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1056090

V2
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1518200

+Quote Post
khai23
post Apr 14 2012, 10:29 PM

Getting Started

waaa.....V3 ^^
+Quote Post
forumplayers
post Apr 15 2012, 02:55 AM

Getting Started

waaa V3 already !!
+Quote Post
HexPhoenix
post Apr 16 2012, 01:12 AM

Casual

since I posted this in the end of V2, so I guess I repost this to get you guys opinion about it. smile.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

+Quote Post
sayoonarra
post Apr 16 2012, 07:04 AM

QUOTE(HexPhoenix @ Apr 16 2012, 01:12 AM)
since I posted this in the end of V2, so I guess I repost this to get you guys opinion about it. smile.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

5 spoons? how many cups is that? hmm.gif imho, instead of 3 meals. split it into 5-6 meals in order to keep your metabolism rate high. protein intake too less as well. cheers
+Quote Post
darkseifer
post Apr 16 2012, 08:18 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sayoonarra @ Apr 16 2012, 07:04 AM)
5 spoons? how many cups is that?  hmm.gif  imho, instead of 3 meals. split it into 5-6 meals in order to keep your metabolism rate high. protein intake too less as well. cheers
That is a myth.
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post Apr 16 2012, 11:02 AM

On my way

QUOTE(darkseifer @ Apr 16 2012, 08:18 AM)
That is a myth.
Second that smile.gif
+Quote Post
sayoonarra
post Apr 16 2012, 08:03 PM

well, apparently the myth works for me. i dropped my BF% from 24 to 18 in 5 weeks and maintaining my muscle mass with high reps workout program. if you have time and commitment, no harm trying it out right? blush.gif

This post has been edited by sayoonarra: Apr 16 2012, 08:04 PM
+Quote Post
VeeJay
post Apr 17 2012, 12:16 AM

Regular

I dont think one could called it a myth, studies has shown its inconclusive. we should not be concluding anything just based on a one or two studies. A new study would show otherwise.

Regular (consistent) Split meals has its benefits in many ways.

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Apr 17 2012, 12:17 AM
+Quote Post
darkseifer
post Apr 17 2012, 08:40 AM

Getting Started

Inconclusive? One or two studies? There has been more than 10 done iirc, and they were all pretty much conclusive, that frequent feedings have no effect on metabolism compared to fewer feedings.. The fact that its been replicated so many times means its very conclusive.

Perhaps there are other benefits, but there is no metabolic advantage to it.

Link to said study please. Does it assert that there is metabolic advantage to frequent feedings? Otherwise, skip it.

This post has been edited by darkseifer: Apr 17 2012, 08:41 AM
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post Apr 17 2012, 08:51 AM

On my way

honestly i've tried both.....many meals and 3 meals per day, i dont see much changes in my metabolism as well as my weight.....DL do it with only 3 meals and now i'm on 3 meals most of the day as well....still okay with my weight and all....so yea, i'm with darkseifer this time smile.gif
+Quote Post
VeeJay
post Apr 17 2012, 02:25 PM

Regular

QUOTE(darkseifer @ Apr 17 2012, 08:40 AM)
Inconclusive? One or two studies? There has been more than 10 done iirc, and they were all pretty much conclusive, that frequent feedings have no effect on metabolism compared to fewer feedings.. The fact that its been replicated so many times means its very conclusive.

Perhaps there are other benefits, but there is no metabolic advantage to it.

Link to said study please. Does it assert that there is metabolic advantage to frequent feedings? Otherwise, skip it.
somewhat I agreed with you but not as whole....when looking from a holistic view, it has more benefits to split the meals, hence that practice should not be discarded in a fly.

Eating 3 meals is fine, if you know what you are doing, and have planned your micros/marcos.

sorry, I'm unable to detail my thoughts further....short of time...hence copy and paste reading material below...

<<
Meal frequency was related to BMI and should be considered when developing guidelines to prevent childhood overweight.

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v32/n1/abs/0803654a.html
>>

<<
Eating meals regularly is inversely associated to the metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and (high) serum concentrations of gamma-glutamyl transferase. These findings suggest that eating meals irregularly may be part of several potential environmental risk factors that are associated with the metabolic syndrome and may have future implications in giving dietary advice to prevent and/or treat the syndrome.

http://www.nature.com/oby/journal/v16/n6/f...by2008203a.html
>>

<<
The prevalence of obesity decreased by number of daily meals: three or fewer meals, 4.2% [95% confidence interval (CI), 2.8 to 6.1]; four meals, 2.8% (95% CI, 2.1 to 3.7); and 5 or more meals, 1.7% (95% CI, 1.2 to 2.4). These effects could not be explained by confounding due to a wide range of constitutional, sociodemographic, and lifestyle factors. The adjusted odds ratios for obesity were 0.73 (95% CI, 0.44 to 1.21) for four meals and 0.51 (95% CI, 0.29 to 0.89) for five or more meals. Additional analyses pointed to a higher energy intake in nibblers compared with gorgers.

http://www.nature.com/oby/journal/v13/n11/...by2005238a.html
>>

<<

Eating meals regularly is inversely associated to the metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and (high) serum concentrations of gamma-glutamyl transferase. These findings suggest that eating meals irregularly may be part of several potential environmental risk factors that are associated with the metabolic syndrome and may have future implications in giving dietary advice to prevent and/or treat the syndrome.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1838890...act&holding=npg
>>

<<

Results: Omitting a meal was followed by increases in fat mass (360 plusminus 115 grams, p < 0.05), late evening leptin concentration (20.7 plusminus 11.0% , p < 0.05), and respiratory quotient (3.7 plusminus 1.4% , p < 0.05). Increase in the percentage of dietary fat during the habituation period (+4.1 plusminus 2.0% , p < 0.05) was correlated with fat mass (r = 0.66, p < 0.05). Adding a meal had no effect, but, in both groups, the change in energy content at this fourth eating occasion was correlated with the change in adiposity.

Discussion: Our results suggest that adiposity may increase when young lean male subjects switch from a four- to a three-meal pattern by removing their usual afternoon meal. This effect could be partly mediated by a change in the macronutrient composition of the diet.

http://www.nature.com/oby/journal/v14/n2/f...oby200628a.html
>>

<<
The irregular meal frequency appears to produce a degree of insulin resistance and higher fasting lipid profiles, which may indicate a deleterious effect on these cardiovascular risk factors.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15220950
>>

<<
The data indicate that increased meal frequency may have a beneficial effect on a reduced BMI. Physical activity and breakfast skipping may be candidate targets for prevention programmes aimed at reducing overweight/obesity among adolescents

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18274921
>>

Clearly the above shows that there is a link of meal frequency and metabolism, muscle mass, obesity and fat loss, insulin resistance.

Hence we should not brush aside meal frequency and metabolism or the other body's characteristic changes to the affect.

And clearly I dont want to pick a fight, just matter of discussion, and hope others could throw some factual light as well.

Cheers.

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Apr 17 2012, 02:26 PM
+Quote Post
darkseifer
post Apr 17 2012, 03:14 PM

Getting Started

You did not present a cohesive argument. I would advice you not to straw man my position and stay on topic. Nobody said that frequent feedings is useless. Did you not properly read my original response? The previous poster recommended to split meals to keep metabolism high. Frequent feedings to increase metabolism is a myth. I did not say anything else.

The assertion: Does meal frequency increase metabolism?

The answer is no. Its that simple. Controlled trials have demonstrated that clearly.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1905998
A study was conducted to investigate whether there is a diurnal pattern of nutrient utilization in man and how this is affected by meal frequency to explain possible consequences of meal frequency for body weight regulation. When the daily energy intake is consumed in a small number of large meals, there is an increased chance to become overweight, possibly by an elevated lipogenesis (fat synthesis and accumulation) or storage of energy after the meal. Thirteen subjects, two males and eleven females, were fed to energy balance in two meals per day (gorging pattern) and seven meals per day (nibbling pattern) over 2-day intervals. On the second day on each feeding regimen, the diurnal pattern of nutrient utilization was calculated from simultaneous measurements of oxygen consumption, carbon dioxide production and urinary nitrogen excretion over 3 h intervals in a respiration chamber. A gorging pattern of energy intake resulted in a stronger diurnal periodicity of nutrient utilization, compared to a nibbling pattern. However, there were no consequences for the total 24 h energy expenditure (24 h EE) of the two feeding patterns (5.57 +/- 0.16 kJ/min for the gorging pattern; 5.44 +/- 0.18 kJ/min for the nibbling pattern). Concerning the periodicity of nutrient utilization, protein oxidation during the day did not change between the two feeding patterns. In the gorging pattern, carbohydrate oxidation was significantly elevated during the interval following the first meal (ie from 1200 h to 1500 h, P less than 0.01) and the second meal (ie from 1800 h to 2100 h, P less than 0.05). The decreased rate of carbohydrate oxidation observed during the fasting period (from rising in the morning until the first meal at 1200 h), was compensated by an increased fat oxidation from 0900 to 1200 h to cover energy needs. In the nibbling pattern, carbohydrate and fat oxidation remained relatively constant during the active hours of the day.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494
Several epidemiological studies have observed an inverse relationship between people's habitual frequency of eating and body weight, leading to the suggestion that a 'nibbling' meal pattern may help in the avoidance of obesity. A review of all pertinent studies shows that, although many fail to find any significant relationship, the relationship is consistently inverse in those that do observe a relationship. However, this finding is highly vulnerable to the probable confounding effects of post hoc changes in dietary patterns as a consequence of weight gain and to dietary under-reporting which undoubtedly invalidates some of the studies. We conclude that the epidemiological evidence is at best very weak, and almost certainly represents an artefact. A detailed review of the possible mechanistic explanations for a metabolic advantage of nibbling meal patterns failed to reveal significant benefits in respect of energy expenditure. Although some short-term studies suggest that the thermic effect of feeding is higher when an isoenergetic test load is divided into multiple small meals, other studies refute this, and most are neutral. More importantly, studies using whole-body calorimetry and doubly-labelled water to assess total 24 h energy expenditure find no difference between nibbling and gorging. Finally, with the exception of a single study, there is no evidence that weight loss on hypoenergetic regimens is altered by meal frequency. We conclude that any effects of meal pattern on the regulation of body weight are likely to be mediated through effects on the food intake side of the energy balance equation.

Thus adding more meals while keeping total calorie intake the same does nothing to improve metabolism. You posted nothing to refute that. By the way, correlation does not imply causation, keep in mind the next time you decide to draw conclusions from behavioural/statistical studies.

This post has been edited by darkseifer: Apr 17 2012, 04:08 PM
+Quote Post
kevinwawa
post Apr 17 2012, 04:15 PM

split it into 5-6 meals in order to keep your metabolism rate high.
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post Apr 17 2012, 06:06 PM

On my way

QUOTE(kevinwawa @ Apr 17 2012, 04:15 PM)
split it into 5-6 meals in order to keep your metabolism rate high.
Er...i think post above you explained all, no?
+Quote Post
krypt5
post Apr 18 2012, 10:42 AM

Tried the 5-6 meal method. No difference for me in terms of result. It just felt more irritating. Broscience sux. Lol.
+Quote Post
ghoss
post Apr 18 2012, 12:07 PM

On my way

In my opinion , just common sense .

Stomach = Meat Grinder

If you put in less meat at a time , the "grinder" will suffer less ? tongue.gif

Instead of piling more than what it can handle.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
viruz019
post Apr 18 2012, 09:34 PM

PewPew!

Hey all,

I'm starting to lose weight lately, but not sure if my method is consider "alright"

I go to gym 3 times every week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) and sometimes an extra.

My routine:
15min cycling + (2-5minute of cooldown *auto set by the machine*)
10min threadmill *speed 4~5.5* + (5minute of cooldown)
10~30min of muscle training (do 4 sets and each set 10 times)
lastly, at least Swimming for 20 laps (normally about 20minutes)

is that consider okay?
+Quote Post
woonrokjou
post Apr 19 2012, 02:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(viruz019 @ Apr 18 2012, 09:34 PM)
Hey all,

I'm starting to lose weight lately, but not sure if my method is consider "alright"

I go to gym 3 times every week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) and sometimes an extra.

My routine:
15min cycling + (2-5minute of cooldown *auto set by the machine*)
10min threadmill *speed 4~5.5* + (5minute of cooldown)
10~30min of muscle training (do 4 sets and each set 10 times)
lastly, at least Swimming for 20 laps (normally about 20minutes)

is that consider okay?
what r u trying to archive? reducing body fats?
+Quote Post
viruz019
post Apr 19 2012, 03:42 PM

PewPew!

QUOTE(woonrokjou @ Apr 19 2012, 02:33 PM)
what r u trying to archive? reducing body fats?
yea..current weight is 119kg..height 180cm
+Quote Post
hexion
post Apr 20 2012, 01:57 PM

Casual

do i need to do abs exercise to get more satisfying result in slimming down my belly? i have been doing cardio and weight training for the past few months, but still have some leftover hanging there. my weight is within a range of 68-72kg and height 178cm.
+Quote Post
ghoss
post Apr 20 2012, 04:30 PM

On my way

QUOTE(hexion @ Apr 20 2012, 01:57 PM)
do i need to do abs exercise to get more satisfying result in slimming down my belly? i have been doing cardio and weight training for the past few months, but still have some leftover hanging there. my weight is within a range of 68-72kg and height 178cm.
there is no such thing as spot reduction .

Meaning do abs to reduce tummy flat
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
m3mphiz23z
post Apr 20 2012, 05:45 PM

Getting Started

To reduce belly fat you need to lose total body fat
+Quote Post
hidden830726
post Apr 20 2012, 09:56 PM

Moko the Linaslayer

ok. i frequent mamak with friends and there's where i always gather:

This is what i eat today as dinner:

2 Chapati
2 Telur Rebus
2 Bananas
2 Icewater

and now while typing this eating 2 green apple

Good and balance diet?

If not how to improve in a mamak context.

Also, what to replace bananas, because bananas only available on friday

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Apr 20 2012, 09:57 PM
+Quote Post
thelion4ever
post Apr 21 2012, 05:04 AM

Olga Kurylenko

QUOTE(hidden830726 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:56 PM)

2 Chapati
2 Telur Rebus
2 Bananas
2 Icewater

Good and balance diet?

Its terrible.

Lacking in fats and protein. For a person trying to lose weight thats a lot of carbs.
+Quote Post
woonrokjou
post Apr 23 2012, 01:01 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(viruz019 @ Apr 19 2012, 03:42 PM)
yea..current weight is 119kg..height 180cm
wow, okay, good luck to u, glad u decide to lost weight, i was 186cm, 94kg 4months ago, about the same situation as u r facing now

Added on April 23, 2012, 1:06 pm

2 Chapati
2 Telur Rebus
2 Bananas
2 Icewater

Good and balance diet?

QUOTE(thelion4ever @ Apr 21 2012, 05:04 AM)
Its terrible.

Lacking in fats and protein. For a person trying to lose weight thats a lot of carbs.
definitely too much carbs for a person that wish to reduce body weight biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
pls calculate ur macros flex.gif
learn all this from thelion4ever

This post has been edited by woonrokjou: Apr 23 2012, 01:08 PM
+Quote Post
Strawberry<3
post Apr 24 2012, 07:12 PM

www.ai-syoping.com

2 Chapati
2 Telur Rebus
2 Bananas
2 Icewater

Good and balance diet?

u need protein and meat too..

u sure can lose weight with those meal but u will look pale and dull
+Quote Post
hexion
post Apr 25 2012, 01:47 AM

Casual

hey guys are there something wrong with my dietary program? people keep on saying that i look pale and weak nowadays even when there's wind breeze can blow me off. + family also worried that i may not had enough carbs for my brain to function properly for studying purpose. most of them also think that i might have eating disorder.

my weight is 69kg and height 178cm++. waist i think around 32 1/2.
used to be slightly obese 89kg now my collar bone are visible and pretty much else can see my ribs too but still failed to get flat stomach.

i workout 5 times a week, consist of cardio and weight training.

my weekly diet:
breakfast- whole grain cereal and milk
lunch- probably subway or o'brien sandwiches or white rice with chicken
dinner- salad with a few piece of feta cheese and pepperoni
snack- fruit like grapes,apple or orange.

should i eat more? counting calories kinda pain in the ass, really gave me a headache on where to eat and what to order. from online calories calculator said that i should not exceed consuming calories more than 2k per day.

do i need to reduce more weight to get flat stomach or continue with building a muscle?

+Quote Post
Strawberry<3
post Apr 25 2012, 09:22 AM

www.ai-syoping.com

^ im facing the same problem with u... maybe because your family used to see u in obese size .. and normally obese person will look fresher. After become thin.. family feel like we're too thin and don't look as fresh as before xD

from your weight i think u are thin enough.. now just focus on the tummy.. do more sit up and waist exercise
+Quote Post
verticalforce
post Apr 25 2012, 12:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hexion @ Apr 24 2012, 06:47 PM)
hey guys are there something wrong with my dietary program? people keep on saying that i look pale and weak nowadays even when there's wind breeze can blow me off. + family also worried that i may not had enough carbs for my brain to function properly for studying purpose. most of them also think that i might have eating disorder.

my weight is 69kg and height 178cm++. waist i think around 32 1/2.
used to be slightly obese 89kg now my collar bone are visible and pretty much else can see my ribs too but still failed to get flat stomach.

i workout 5 times a week, consist of cardio and weight training.

my weekly diet:
breakfast- whole grain cereal and milk
lunch- probably subway or o'brien sandwiches or white rice with chicken
dinner- salad with a few piece of feta cheese and pepperoni
snack- fruit like grapes,apple or orange.

should i eat more? counting calories kinda pain in the ass, really gave me a headache on where to eat and what to order. from online calories calculator said that i should not exceed consuming calories more than 2k per day.

do i need to reduce more weight to get flat stomach or continue with building a muscle?
It means you are skinny fat.

Stop cutting and starts BULKING now and lift heavy. Cut back on cardio. And yeah, eat more protein.

This post has been edited by verticalforce: Apr 25 2012, 12:28 PM
+Quote Post
hexion
post Apr 25 2012, 01:59 PM

Casual

QUOTE(verticalforce @ Apr 25 2012, 12:24 PM)
It means you are skinny fat.

Stop cutting and starts BULKING now and lift heavy. Cut back on cardio. And yeah, eat more protein.
thanks brah, so is it advisable for me to take whey protein like ON 100% whey for bulking purpose?
+Quote Post
dywx07045
post Apr 25 2012, 11:44 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hexion @ Apr 25 2012, 01:59 PM)
thanks brah, so is it advisable for me to take whey protein like ON 100% whey for bulking purpose?
for bulking up, i use MuscleTech Nitro-tech hard core, the taste is a bit weird, but really effective for building lean muscles drool.gif
+Quote Post
hexion
post Apr 26 2012, 02:03 AM

Casual

QUOTE(dywx07045 @ Apr 25 2012, 11:44 PM)
for bulking up, i use MuscleTech Nitro-tech hard core, the taste is a bit weird, but really effective for building lean muscles  drool.gif
it's not weight-gainer type of supplement aite? i dont want my tummy to gain fat later-on. so how it work? do i need to take it as a pre-workout supplement or post-workout, as a pre-workout i already take jack3d.
+Quote Post
RedShirt
post Apr 26 2012, 06:39 PM

Getting Started

Hi guys, I looking for some advices about weight loss and maintaining it.

To my understanding is that maintaining a calories deficit diet/lifestyle is the way to lose weight and when my calories intake equals my calories burned, my weight maintains.

Lets just say if I start a strict diet to lower my calories intake drastically while maintaining my physical activities as per usual (weight training and cardio), I should be losing weight (while I understand that it will be a net loss in weight but it is lesser because of muscle build and that muscle weight is actually heavier than fat).

So with all the exercise and strict diet, say I am able to shed 15kg and I am happy and satisfied with my current body weight. My main question is now, whether if I continue with my exercise routines (no change in style or intensity) but I am no longer following a strict diet and revert to my usual diet pattern (healthy and nothing excessively). Would I still be able to maintain my new weight or my weight will increase back to my old previous weight ?

I read that bigger muscle build would result in higher metabolism and if I do not eat excessively, I should still be able to maintain a slight calorie deficit if not equal calorie intake and consumption to maintain my new lighter body weight.

Any views in my theory ?

This post has been edited by RedShirt: Apr 26 2012, 06:46 PM
+Quote Post
darkseifer
post Apr 26 2012, 07:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(RedShirt @ Apr 26 2012, 06:39 PM)
Hi guys, I looking for some advices about weight loss and maintaining it.

To my understanding is that maintaining a calories deficit diet/lifestyle is the way to lose weight and when my calories intake equals my calories burned, my weight maintains.

Lets just say if I start a strict diet to lower my calories intake drastically while maintaining my physical activities as per usual (weight training and cardio), I should be losing weight (while I understand that it will be a net loss in weight but it is lesser because of muscle build and that muscle weight is actually heavier than fat).

So with all the exercise and strict diet, say I am able to shed 15kg and I am happy and satisfied with my current body weight. My main question is now, whether if I continue with my exercise routines (no change in style or intensity) but I am no longer following a strict diet and revert to my usual diet pattern (healthy and nothing excessively). Would I still be able to maintain my new weight or my weight will increase back to my old previous weight ?

I read that bigger muscle build would result in higher metabolism and if I do not eat excessively, I should still be able to maintain a slight calorie deficit if not equal calorie intake and consumption to maintain my new lighter body weight.

Any views in my theory ?
Sup brah. It seems like you answered your own question?
"To my understanding is that maintaining a calories deficit diet/lifestyle is the way to lose weight and when my calories intake equals my calories burned, my weight maintains."
-All you have to do is adjust your eating accordingly to your maintenance calories if you want to maintain. Assuming you are still in a deficit, if you plan to return to maintenance, add a small amount of calories weekly till you reach maintenance calories.

On to the next
"I read that bigger muscle build would result in higher metabolism and if I do not eat excessively, I should still be able to maintain a slight calorie deficit if not equal calorie intake and consumption to maintain my new lighter body weight."
-This is something that is usually blown out of proportion. Yes a 1lb of muscle tissue burns more calories than 1lb fat tissue, however its pretty insignificant. Lets put some numbers to it.
1lb of muscle burns about 6 calories at rest and fat burns about 2 calories at rest. Lets assume that you lose 10lbs of fat and gain 10lbs of muscle. You're going to weigh the same, but of course you're going to look a heck of a lot better. So back to the point, you're going to burn an additional 40 calories a day due to the change in body composition. Not very significant. For it to be very significant you have to build a significant amount of muscle which will take a very long time to reach.
+Quote Post
Raikkonen
post Apr 28 2012, 10:02 AM

♡ Ʈṫɑɘ-Ʈṫɑɘ ☼ Ʈɑɘѝǧ ☁ 태연 ☂ CHAMSARANG

Morning.

V3 already...nice.

Normally jog 4 times a week, 45 minutes each session.

Stopped jogging since Januari 2012 since moving to a new apartment.
Still walking 2.4 km everyday though since have no time to jog.
Waist 32 inches...now 31 inches; loosen pants laugh.gif
Old days was 36 inches.

Started again FINALLY last Saturday.

Sore on the CALF and THIGH laugh.gif

Took a week to heal.
Maybe can jog again tomorrow.

Last time longest break was a month, only a sore calf.
This time after nearly 4 months...even the thigh was sore biggrin.gif

Glad to be back.

Stay healthy guys.

This post has been edited by Raikkonen: Apr 28 2012, 10:03 AM
+Quote Post
NicoRobinz
post Apr 28 2012, 12:55 PM

Getting Started

Can I play skipping rope to lose belly fat? I've played for quite a time and at first, it was very effective but not that effective now.

I don't know why but now I seem like not gaining or losing weight no matter how I starve myself or eat a lot of stuffs. Last time I used to eat breakfast and dinner only but I didn't lose weight. Now I eat breakfast, lunch and even dinner but, not gaining weight also. Sometimes, I even have tea time.... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by NicoRobinz: Apr 28 2012, 12:57 PM
+Quote Post
dywx07045
post Apr 29 2012, 12:30 AM

Getting Started

the weight doesnt matters~ the SHAPE does biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
zeropulse
post Apr 29 2012, 09:57 PM

Getting Started

I decided to challenge myself. I was overweight, kinda plump. Over 12 weeks, I followed this plan (http://www.primermagazine.com/2009/train/a-new-year-a-new-body-the-complete-12-week-body-transformation-program), which did wonders for me. I lost 8KG in 2 months, gain muscle that I never though I have. However, just want to ask, the fat around the belly seems like won't go away. Any tips and tricks to burn the fat around the belly area?

At the moment I run, do body weight circuits as I have no access to gym now.
+Quote Post
bioslifeslim
post Apr 30 2012, 02:52 PM

QUOTE(dywx07045 @ Apr 29 2012, 12:30 AM)
the weight doesnt matters~ the SHAPE does biggrin.gif
i totally agree with you .. rclxms.gif .. ppl still dont understand between weight loss and fat loss
+Quote Post
tech_frix
post Apr 30 2012, 07:34 PM

Boo Yah!

err guys..i'm 29 years old male weighing around 94kg..
ideal weight is 74kg..now focus on cardio for loosing my weight..
one question, which fat burner pills/supplement is d best to help me burn more fat and calories..?
thanks guys..
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post Apr 30 2012, 09:25 PM

On my way

QUOTE(tech_frix @ Apr 30 2012, 07:34 PM)
err guys..i'm 29 years old male weighing around 94kg..
ideal weight is 74kg..now focus on cardio for loosing my weight..
one question, which fat burner pills/supplement is d best to help me burn more fat and calories..?
thanks guys..
i took fat burner for 3 months straight, i cant see any significant result...will suggest you to straight go for protein shake...my opinion though
+Quote Post
tech_frix
post Apr 30 2012, 10:43 PM

Boo Yah!

QUOTE(playerseeker @ Apr 30 2012, 09:25 PM)
i took fat burner for 3 months straight, i cant see any significant result...will suggest you to straight go for protein shake...my opinion though
protein shake good to lose weight?
how bout this?
http://fatburner.net/fat-burners/apidexin/
+Quote Post
birain
post May 1 2012, 02:55 PM

良い一日を

anyone know how to loose those stubborn tummy fat? my weight is down but, the spare tyre is still around, soft and flabby belly cry.gif
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post May 1 2012, 08:24 PM

On my way

QUOTE(birain @ May 1 2012, 02:55 PM)
anyone know how to loose those stubborn tummy fat? my weight is down but, the spare tyre is still around, soft and flabby belly cry.gif
mind sharing what is your diet and your workout schedule?

my 1st wild guess is because u lose muscle instead of fat. That is why you weight is down but still have fats around
+Quote Post
zilah
post May 2 2012, 10:03 PM

nice..
+Quote Post
leah.semilla1
post May 3 2012, 02:39 PM

QUOTE(nightfal @ Apr 13 2012, 01:41 PM)
Losing weights is a big struggle for me
struggle no more! try to feed your appetite and feel happy every time you eat, because you know what? studies shows that every time you feel guilty after eating it can lead to stress and during stress our body normally release the stress hormone(cortisol). Too much cortisol can slow your metabolism, causing more weight gain than you would normally experience. icon_idea.gif
+Quote Post
Sky.Live
post May 3 2012, 05:08 PM

Proctected Species

QUOTE(zeropulse @ Apr 29 2012, 09:57 PM)
I decided to challenge myself. I was overweight, kinda plump. Over 12 weeks, I followed this plan (http://www.primermagazine.com/2009/train/a-new-year-a-new-body-the-complete-12-week-body-transformation-program), which did wonders for me. I lost 8KG in 2 months, gain muscle that I never though I have. However, just want to ask, the fat around the belly seems like won't go away. Any tips and tricks to burn the fat around the belly area?

At the moment I run, do body weight circuits as I have no access to gym now.
Why do only 12w? do it for life. otherwise you gonna regain what you lost, maybe with extra bonus gain too.
no spot reduction, fat are useful for your body, it's normal that your body would want to keep them.
unless you are having specific goal like joining Body Building Competition or Dare by a friend to have 6 packs, I don't see any idea why you should hurry it. Keep your life style right, you will be happier man.

QUOTE(leah.semilla1 @ May 3 2012, 02:39 PM)
struggle no more! try to feed your appetite and feel happy every time you eat, because you know what? studies shows that every time you feel guilty after eating it can lead to stress and during stress our body normally release the stress hormone(cortisol). Too much cortisol can slow your metabolism, causing more weight gain than you would normally experience.  icon_idea.gif
I never felt guilty eating.. is that a problem? My weight can fluctuate a lot, I weight 94 last 2 week, 98 last week, 96 this week.
+Quote Post
darkseifer
post May 3 2012, 06:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(leah.semilla1 @ May 3 2012, 02:39 PM)
struggle no more! try to feed your appetite and feel happy every time you eat, because you know what? studies shows that every time you feel guilty after eating it can lead to stress and during stress our body normally release the stress hormone(cortisol). Too much cortisol can slow your metabolism, causing more weight gain than you would normally experience.  icon_idea.gif
So as long as you feel happy after eating you won't gain weight?? Riveting tale.
+Quote Post
Harrymartin
post May 3 2012, 10:52 PM

Hi, the best method is to control diet intake and regular exercise.
+Quote Post
uRfaith143
post May 4 2012, 03:13 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(alvin227 @ Apr 13 2012, 01:45 PM)
losing weight is not big deal, maintain the weight after you losing it is something serious. I am on the process of losing weight now, build up the awareness of healthy lifestyle and selective eating but those delicious are just too tempting. biggrin.gif
So true... I have been doing Zumba for a month already and have successfully loose some weight. I tried so hard to maintain this weight but I also need to watch on my diet which is really hard. Salty and fatty foods are so irresistible.
+Quote Post
SomeoneElse
post May 4 2012, 05:50 PM

On my way

If I jog 1-1.5 km and walk 0.5-1km 3/4 times a week can I lose weight ( of course not eating junk food, oily food too much) and stay fit?
+Quote Post
Strawberry<3
post May 4 2012, 06:19 PM

www.ai-syoping.com

QUOTE(SomeoneElse @ May 4 2012, 05:50 PM)
If I jog 1-1.5 km and walk 0.5-1km 3/4 times a week can I lose weight ( of course not eating junk food, oily food too much) and stay fit?
sure u can lose weight weight by jogging and risk walk. I lost weight by jogging
+Quote Post
SomeoneElse
post May 4 2012, 06:26 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Strawberry<3 @ May 4 2012, 06:19 PM)
sure u can lose weight weight by jogging and risk walk. I lost weight by jogging
Ok cool, thanks biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post May 4 2012, 07:42 PM

On my way

maybe many should realize lose fats and lose lean muscle mass is 2 different things but same outcome.

So IMHO one should aim for lose fat instead of lose weight because when you lose fat, eventually your weight will drop.

+Quote Post
rideon
post May 4 2012, 11:12 PM

Getting Started

just my opinion and experience. weight loss does not mean u loose fat but rather loose muscle mass. wut i do to control this is do cardio (jog and skipping) for 20-30mins just as a warm up n set the body to burn. but off course drink at least a glass of plain water b4 u do cardio. after this do some weight training to maintain ur muscles. as u work out u burn fat and gain muscle. this is how i maintain so far its doing good. but it does get a bit bored after a month so hav to change the schedule.... loosing weight and loosing fat is 2 different thing... and i dnt use any fat burners wut so ever.. not yet anyway...
+Quote Post
gxgxgx
post May 6 2012, 06:47 PM

what kind of exercise i can do without reducing my food intake?

This post has been edited by gxgxgx: May 6 2012, 10:34 PM
+Quote Post
entryman
post May 6 2012, 09:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(gxgxgx @ May 6 2012, 06:47 PM)
hi, im 27 male, 123kg 183cm, what kind of exercise i can do without reducing my food intake?
Weightlifting. Sprinting.

But healthy eating is never about reducing food intake to begin with.
+Quote Post
entryman
post May 6 2012, 10:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(aeynan @ May 6 2012, 10:40 PM)
Losing weight is not simply dieting, it should be a change in your lifestyle. Even if you try to do all the diets that you can find, but you don't change your bad habits such as not exercising,drinking too much alcohol, smoking and others, then NO DIET would work at all.
Losing weight doesn't require exercise.

Smoking or drinking don't exactly prevent one from losing weight as well.

It all starts with the diet.
+Quote Post
entryman
post May 6 2012, 10:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(aeynan @ May 6 2012, 10:50 PM)
Best exercise would be walking. smile.gif. The calories you burn will depend on how much you weigh, but no matter what your size is, walking burns calories plus it's easier to enjoy more if you walk in good places.
These are the estimated figures for an hour of walking.. Do they look promising?

http://www.nutristrategy.com/caloriesburnedwalking.htm

Added on May 6, 2012, 10:58 pm
QUOTE(aeynan @ May 6 2012, 10:50 PM)
Even if somebody lost weight from dieting, if there is no change in her or his lifestyle, then the weight would be back before they know it. What I mean is, you do dieting not only for a specific time, if somebody wants to keep off the weight, better make their diet their new lifestyle. plus, exercise not only helps lose weight, it makes you healthier. smoking and drinking on the other hand, are contributing factors of being unhealthy, not just the weight issue.
The main issue about dieting is the misconception that it requires food reduction.
It's actually about eating the same quantity for satiety, but changing the selection of food.

This post has been edited by entryman: May 6 2012, 10:58 PM
+Quote Post
entryman
post May 6 2012, 11:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(aeynan @ May 6 2012, 11:06 PM)
i said walking is the best because i think it's the easiest to do. we do it everyday. right? so for somebody who doesn't like to work out, this can be the easiest way to exercise without noticing it. as for the diet, i'm not trying to fight you. all that i'm saying are the things that the doctors and gym trainers that i know told me. i am a diabetic, i needed to lose weight and i am losing weight constantly by slowly changing my lifestyle.
Okay. Actually it's pretty easy. Diet can be very satisfying too.

Example of just one meal: Roasted chicken + broccoli + carrots + natural (sugarless) yoghurt.

That's what you should be eating, as opposed to, take for example, curry mee.

This post has been edited by entryman: May 6 2012, 11:18 PM
+Quote Post
rideon
post May 7 2012, 01:40 AM

Getting Started

muscles are grown in yhe kitchen... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
entryman
post May 7 2012, 12:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Aminophylline Creams seem promising for spot reductions.

Tim Ferriss:"Based on my experience, using a 2% aminophylline cream for two and a half weeks, applied twice daily, accelerates thigh fat-loss more than 10 times compared to a control."
+Quote Post
Sky.Live
post May 7 2012, 02:16 PM

Proctected Species

QUOTE(entryman @ May 7 2012, 12:56 PM)
Aminophylline Creams seem promising for spot reductions.

Tim Ferriss:"Based on my experience, using a 2% aminophylline cream for two and a half weeks, applied twice daily, accelerates thigh fat-loss more than 10 times compared to a control."
can i make my body full of holes by applying spot reduction cream on very specific hole here and there?

then I will have a tummy which looks like moon surface
+Quote Post
entryman
post May 7 2012, 02:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Sky.Live @ May 7 2012, 02:16 PM)
can i make my body full of holes by applying spot reduction cream on very specific hole here and there?

then I will have a tummy which looks like moon surface
Probably. Try it out and give us a report, haha. But do keep proper records, for future evaluation.
+Quote Post
Sky.Live
post May 7 2012, 05:58 PM

Proctected Species

QUOTE(entryman @ May 7 2012, 02:23 PM)
Probably. Try it out and give us a report, haha. But do keep proper records, for future evaluation.
Well if spot reduction works that well it shud be possible right? and I can customise the contour, the size based on dosage I apply too..
+Quote Post
entryman
post May 7 2012, 06:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Sky.Live @ May 7 2012, 05:58 PM)
Well if spot reduction works that well it shud be possible right? and I can customise the contour, the size based on dosage I apply too..
Woi, don't spam la, this thread is about weight loss, not your fetishes lol.
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post May 7 2012, 11:29 PM

On my way

Was 88, currently 80
Planning to lose weight and bulk up at the same time
My Goal :- Beach Body/Model Body
Day 1 : Biceps, Back, Abs, Cardio
Day 2 : Triceps, Chest, Shoulders, Cardio
Day 3 : Legs, Cardio
Day 4 : Same as day 1
Day 5 : Same as day 2
And so on
My resting day isnt set properly. If i feel like resting on that day, i'll do so. But max 1 rest day per week
My workouts are :- 4 sets, 8-10 reps. 3 exercises per muscle group. So total 9 exercises per day.
Cardio = Cycling studio. At least.. 40 minutes?
5-10 minutes max incline jog on treadmill before weights
Warmup -> Weights -> Cardio
Am i doing the right thing?
Thanks!
+Quote Post
makaveli
post May 9 2012, 08:59 AM

satishphotowerkz

Hey guys,

I don't know if im getting on correct track or not.Please review on my routine please.
Currently focusing on Weight Loose.

Weight - 130kg
Height - 170cm +-

Gym :(Monday,Tues,Wed,Thur,Fri,Sunday)
Time :7pm - 9pm
Routine :
Warm Up - 5 minutes
Treadmill - 1st 30minutes (4.2~5.3 , incline 3-10)
Cool down on gulp *mineral water
Cycle - 15minutes
Treadmill - 2nd 15minutes (5.5 , incline 3)
Rehydrate with 100 plus 2 times a week.

Eating Habit: *Indian Home Food
Breakfast - Thosai,chapatti + tea
Lunch - Rice , Vege , Meat *consume 3 times a week + ice/juice (sunquick)
Dinner - Toast bread (3bread) , Tuna

Sleeping Habit:
Waking Up - 6am
Sleeping - 11pm-12am

So guys,do you think its actually worth and correct what im doing ? I just aiming to burn lotsa fat before my brothers marriage which is in Jun end.
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post May 9 2012, 10:46 AM

On my way

QUOTE(makaveli @ May 9 2012, 08:59 AM)
Hey guys,

I don't know if im getting on correct track or not.Please review on my routine please.
Currently focusing on Weight Loose.

Weight - 130kg
Height - 170cm +-
So guys,do you think its actually worth and correct what im doing ?  I just aiming to burn lotsa fat before my brothers marriage which is in Jun end.

Well i think you're lacking on fibre and you gotta reduce on carbs buddy

My routine :- 10 minutes wamup, incline 15 speed 6
Weights for an hour, 9 exercises total, 3 muscle group
Lastly, cycling classes RPM for 50 minutes
I got rid of what, only 8kgs in 3 months?
So yeah, losing weight is a slow process... Or maybe i've been eating too much cool2.gif
Dont forget to minimize meal portions. Take 6 meals per day to increase your metabolism rate, it works!
Oh, and drink lots of water too!

Good luck! Congrats on your brother's engagement thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
makaveli
post May 9 2012, 11:11 AM

satishphotowerkz

QUOTE(gannicholas @ May 9 2012, 10:46 AM)
Well i think you're lacking on fibre and you gotta reduce on carbs buddy

My routine :- 10 minutes wamup, incline 15 speed 6
Weights for an hour, 9 exercises total, 3 muscle group
Lastly, cycling classes RPM for 50 minutes
I got rid of what, only 8kgs in 3 months?
So yeah, losing weight is a slow process... Or maybe i've been eating too much  cool2.gif
Dont forget to minimize meal portions. Take 6 meals per day to increase your metabolism rate, it works!
Oh, and drink lots of water too!

Good luck! Congrats on your brother's engagement  thumbup.gif
Thanks for your advise buddy.
Really appreciate it.
Can suggest me a perfect 6 meal a day ? Sorry im too noob on this.
This is my 2nd week on gym,meanwhile parents thinking that im forcing my self everyday working out.
But the intention makes me cut down most of my craving food etc Ice Cream,Chocolates,and even Rice.

Im a weight pounder about 130kg. I eventually loose around 2-5kg by eating oats .

As instructed by my coach,there no point for me to carry weight at the moment because he wants me to loose weight .
Is that my workout routine is a proper one ?
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post May 9 2012, 12:01 PM

On my way

QUOTE(makaveli @ May 9 2012, 11:11 AM)
Thanks for your advise buddy.
Really appreciate it.
Can suggest me a perfect 6 meal a day ? Sorry im too noob on this.
This is my 2nd week on gym,meanwhile parents thinking that im forcing my self everyday working out.
But the intention makes me cut down most of my craving food etc Ice Cream,Chocolates,and even Rice.

Im a weight pounder about 130kg. I eventually loose around 2-5kg by eating oats .

As instructed by my coach,there no point for me to carry weight at the moment because he wants me to loose weight .
Is that my workout routine is a proper one ?
I cant advise you on the perfect 6 meal a day cause me, myself dont even consume 6 meals per day, sorry!
Reduce on sugar and salt
Celeb Fitness gym trainer told me to not focus on your weight loss, focus on your appearance and body fat
Cause you can lose 3 kgs of WATER in one day, intense cardio
Which i find his statement pretty true
I'm not so sure abt your situation, i'm weighing 80kgs, im overweight according to my BMI
I asked CF trainer what should i do?
He told me to focus on weights, cause he wants me to convert my fats into muscles
So i'll suggest you to lift weights as well. I used to spend 3 hours in the gym last time before i started working
But the most inportant thing i've learned from the gym for losing weight is to keep your heart rate constant
What i mean by is after warmup, lift weights. Dont take a break too long, try your best to avoid your heart rate from dropping
Eventually you're burn fats. Try googling on the AFTERBURN workouts too!
P/S i'm not 100% correct, this is based on my experience only. I might be wrong too hmm.gif
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post May 9 2012, 01:31 PM

On my way

QUOTE(gannicholas @ May 9 2012, 12:01 PM)
I cant advise you on the perfect 6 meal a day cause me, myself dont even consume 6 meals per day, sorry!
Reduce on sugar and salt
Celeb Fitness gym trainer told me to not focus on your weight loss, focus on your appearance and body fat
Cause you can lose 3 kgs of WATER in one day, intense cardio
Which i find his statement pretty true
I'm not so sure abt your situation, i'm weighing 80kgs, im overweight according to my BMI
I asked CF trainer what should i do?
He told me to focus on weights, cause he wants me to convert my fats into musclesSo i'll suggest you to lift weights as well. I used to spend 3 hours in the gym last time before i started working
But the most inportant thing i've learned from the gym for losing weight is to keep your heart rate constant
What i mean by is after warmup, lift weights. Dont take a break too long, try your best to avoid your heart rate from dropping
Eventually you're burn fats. Try googling on the AFTERBURN workouts too!
P/S i'm not 100% correct, this is based on my experience only. I might be wrong too  hmm.gif
That statement is wrong....fats and muscles are two different tissue...they don't convert to each other...you either lose this and gain that..or vice versa..

But about his statement about weight loss is correct...one should focus on losing fats but not weight smile.gif

+Quote Post
makaveli
post May 9 2012, 02:14 PM

satishphotowerkz

QUOTE(playerseeker @ May 9 2012, 01:31 PM)
That statement is wrong....fats and muscles are two different tissue...they don't convert to each other...you either lose this and gain that..or vice versa..

But about his statement about weight loss is correct...one should focus on losing fats but not weight smile.gif
Thanks sir.
May i know the cardio im doing currently are for loose weight or fats ?
Far as i know,loose fats=weight are almost the same thing as you loose fats it also loose weight.

Correct me if im wrong.
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post May 9 2012, 03:50 PM

On my way

QUOTE(makaveli @ May 9 2012, 02:14 PM)
Thanks sir.
May i know the cardio im doing currently are for loose weight or fats ?
Far as i know,loose fats=weight are almost the same thing as you loose fats it also loose weight.

Correct me if im wrong.
True...but it is also can be lose lean muscle mass = weight....and you don't want that to happen.

Cardio will make you lose fats but it is not that superior. To lose fats more effective you need to increase your lean muscles mass because the more muscle mass you have, the more effective your body burn fats.

If I were you, I'll take away treadmill. You will hurt your knee alot. do other type of cardio such as crosstrainer which is more knee friendly, or rower. Then I will replace 100plus with only plain water. 100plus is just a sugar drink. Then I will start doing weight training. and end with some cardio for 15 to 20mins. Use your energy for weight training to increase your muscle mass, don't waste energy on cardio too much.

As for your diet, I notice you have a lot of carbs in there(such as bread, rice, chapati, etc). Reduce those and replace with more protein source such as tofu, eggs, and such. Oh, take away sunquick as well. Only take it during your cheat meal but not normal meal

oh yea...don't skip meal, you must eat to lose fats!

more or less like this....i might be wrong but that's what i'd do if i were you.

+Quote Post
makaveli
post May 9 2012, 04:43 PM

satishphotowerkz

Thanks playerseeker.
It helps me alot.
Let me try on changing cardio method tonight.
And yes knee hurts alot on 2nd week.I will try on that constrainer tonight.
+Quote Post
rideon
post May 9 2012, 08:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(playerseeker @ May 9 2012, 03:50 PM)
True...but it is also can be lose lean muscle mass = weight....and you don't want that to happen.

Cardio will make you lose fats but it is not that superior. To lose fats more effective you need to increase your lean muscles mass because the more muscle mass you have, the more effective your body burn fats.

If I were you, I'll take away treadmill. You will hurt your knee alot. do other type of cardio such as crosstrainer which is more knee friendly, or rower. Then I will replace 100plus with only plain water. 100plus is just a sugar drink. Then I will start doing weight training. and end with some cardio for 15 to 20mins. Use your energy for weight training to increase your muscle mass, don't waste energy on cardio too much.

As for your diet, I notice you have a lot of carbs in there(such as bread, rice, chapati, etc). Reduce those and replace with more protein source such as tofu, eggs, and such. Oh, take away sunquick as well. Only take it during your cheat meal but not normal meal

oh yea...don't skip meal, you must eat to lose fats!

more or less like this....i might be wrong but that's what i'd do if i were you.
i agree with this.. i only do cardio twice n sometime 3times a week just to inc my metabolism. most of the time on the weights. the best of luck on u..
+Quote Post
makaveli
post May 9 2012, 10:42 PM

satishphotowerkz

Thanks brothers.
Just back from gym.1st time tried on abdominal crunch.did 2 set of 30.
+Quote Post
malfogs
post May 9 2012, 11:42 PM

Getting Started

i think the key of losing fat it self actually depends on individual.. however, i think its more important to understand the science behind fat storage, muscle growth, fat burning process in your body. i have tried several ways to cut down in size but actually i cant , i always fall to this what we call "rebound" after slimming down. Until one day i meet this national bodybuilder don wan to mention coz i bought supplement from him then he thought me some tricks. I don want to mention who he is but i would share what i have learn from this guy
First, there is no certain plan for each people to follow to go for diet, if a plan works for you then you are lucky enough but you nvr understand your own body.Each body works differently depends what your body store in your body and your lifestyle, jot that its body works differently but the science behind your body to eliminate fat is same ,thats why some can lose fat fast while some can't.
But this are some basic information on fat burning. Your body will use up energy in your body from the food we take measured as calories first. If you are in a calories deficit then the body mechanism will switch to burn sugar or fats in your body depends on the intensity of the exercise you do. From there, you should try workout yourselves on how to lose it rather than lose it and replace it . i really start to figure from there and my 17% body fat end up at 10%.
+Quote Post
rideon
post May 10 2012, 12:37 PM

Getting Started

how do yo calculate it? i kno bout the BMI and things but any more tricks from ur trainer?
+Quote Post
makaveli
post May 14 2012, 04:42 PM

satishphotowerkz

QUOTE(malfogs @ May 9 2012, 11:42 PM)
i think the key of losing fat it self actually depends on individual.. however, i think its more important to understand the science behind fat storage, muscle growth, fat burning process in your body. i have tried several ways to cut down in size but actually i cant , i always fall to this what we call "rebound" after slimming down. Until one day i meet this national bodybuilder don wan to mention coz i bought supplement from him then he thought me some tricks. I don want to mention who he is but i would share what i have learn from this guy
First, there is no certain plan for each people to follow to go for diet, if a plan works for you then you are lucky enough but you nvr understand your own body.Each body works differently depends what your body store in your body and your lifestyle, jot that its body works differently but the science behind your body to eliminate fat is same ,thats why some can lose fat fast while some can't.
But this are some basic information on fat burning. Your body will use up energy in your body from the food we take measured as calories first. If you are in a calories deficit then the body mechanism will switch to burn sugar or fats in your body depends on the intensity of the exercise you do. From there, you should try workout yourselves on how to lose it rather than lose it and replace it . i really start to figure from there and my 17% body fat end up at 10%.
Much appreciate if you could post on the calculate which helps me alot.

Guys,drinking oats with brown sugar is that healthy ?
+Quote Post
malfogs
post May 14 2012, 05:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(makaveli @ May 14 2012, 05:42 PM)
what do you want to calculate?
+Quote Post
Maknusia
post May 15 2012, 02:32 AM

Casual

QUOTE(makaveli @ May 14 2012, 04:42 PM)
Sugar is sugar, immaterial white or black.

SIkit sugar is finelah, as long as you dont over do it through out the day.
+Quote Post
Darkripper
post May 18 2012, 10:55 PM

What do you expect?

Guys... i just started out with my gym trainer for a week... quite fun and started to get used to it... currently have a big stomach T.T

But what i worry is my diet... Cause i aim at having a fit body like those model.. not that type of big muscle mass....

Is it okay to eat any type of fruits? any fruits that is weight friendly?

And any kind of diet can be recommended?
+Quote Post
kaolen
post May 19 2012, 08:17 PM

Getting Started

apples are weight friendly
+Quote Post
Enjoyrurlife
post May 26 2012, 12:13 AM

Previously loosing weight is really a struggle for me. Now it is really just so easy.
Check this out: How to lose weight naturally without struggling?

icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Enjoyrurlife: Sep 3 2012, 12:12 PM
+Quote Post
wai2kit
post May 26 2012, 11:17 PM

Getting Started

i am trying to lose weight too but my biggest problem is eating. I exercise but i still eat lol

Argh i just love to eat =(, my discipline when it comes to eating is terrible.
+Quote Post
entryman
post May 27 2012, 01:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(wai2kit @ May 26 2012, 11:17 PM)
i am trying to lose weight too but my biggest problem is eating. I exercise but i still eat lol

Dependent on what you eat as well. Rice, noodles, fried meats, sugary drinks, sweet desserts?

Next time, try a piece of grilled chicken breast with some broccoli and carrots, and a fruit as dessert.
+Quote Post
wai2kit
post May 27 2012, 07:49 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(entryman @ May 27 2012, 01:13 AM)
Dependent on what you eat as well. Rice, noodles, fried meats, sugary drinks, sweet desserts?

Next time, try a piece of grilled chicken breast with some broccoli and carrots, and a fruit as dessert.
A lot of rice usually. Sigh.

So i'm trying out eating as per normal for lunch and breakfast and eating very little (or sometimes skipping it altogether if i don't jog at night) dinner.

Is that good?
+Quote Post
entryman
post May 27 2012, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(wai2kit @ May 27 2012, 07:49 AM)
A lot of rice usually. Sigh.

So i'm trying out eating as per normal for lunch and breakfast and eating very little (or sometimes skipping it altogether if i don't jog at night) dinner.

Is that good?
There, you have your answer. A mental barrier. An addiction to a lot of rice. No different from being addicted to gambling.

And being hungry is not a good thing. Although sometimes intermittent fasting is a great tool if you understand more about nutrition and weight loss.

But what I would do if I were on a rapid weight loss program is to constantly feed the body, but with significantly lowered calories. Achieved by lots of vegetables and some fruits that are high in fibre while being low in fructose, very clean protein without fats, and some small to moderate amounts of fats that come from fruits such as avocado, or minimally processed oils such as extra virgin olive oil.

The goal here is to avoid as best as possible any vitamin and mineral deficiency, while at the same time meeting calorific goals. Rice would be a poor performer with regards to this goal, along with most other empty carbohydrates.

And don't forget resistance training, to cap the loss of muscle mass. If done properly, you can forget about plain ol' jogging as its much more efficient, in terms of time cost and benefits. Exercise with a purpose. Anything without a measurable and traceable purpose is just a leisure activity. A great leisure activity for weight loss would be swimming in cold water.

This post has been edited by entryman: May 27 2012, 10:03 AM
+Quote Post
TechnoG
post May 28 2012, 07:56 PM

Lifelines. <3

hi.

first of all, I'm 186cm/86kg. I have a huge tummy and manboobs. laugh.gif so my mid term break just started, and I'm determined to cut down my fats as well as my weight. I'm doing cardio exercises right now, jogging in my neighbourhood for around 20min.

my meals,
breakfast: usually a cup of milo or low fat yoghurt.
lunch: small portion of spaghetti or fried noodles.
dinner: veg, fruits and meat.
I've managed to control my food portion to almost 1/2 of what I'm eating since the start of this month.
any comments? smile.gif

I'm really serious about loosing my fats and weight. Should I start joining those ghetto gyms around my area? hmm.gif weightliftings do help with burning fats too right?
+Quote Post
Green_lemontea
post May 28 2012, 09:57 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(TechnoG @ May 28 2012, 07:56 PM)
hi.

first of all, I'm 186cm/86kg. I have a huge tummy and manboobs. laugh.gif so my mid term break just started, and I'm determined to cut down my fats as well as my weight. I'm doing cardio exercises right now, jogging in my neighbourhood for around 20min.

my meals,
breakfast: usually a cup of milo or low fat yoghurt.
lunch: small portion of spaghetti or fried noodles.
dinner: veg, fruits and meat.
I've managed to control my food portion to almost 1/2 of what I'm eating since the start of this month.
any comments? smile.gif

I'm really serious about loosing my fats and weight. Should I start joining those ghetto gyms around my area? hmm.gif weightliftings do help with burning fats too right?
I've managed to lost 20kgs in half a year with proper exercise and food intake control.
Trust me, your diet will work but it will not build any lean muscles though.
We aim to build lean muscles so you will look fit, and burn fats even when you sleep.

Your breakfast, is not nutrition enough. Get some good carbs when you wake up in the morning, like smoothie, but good thing though, you nailed yoghurt. rclxms.gif
Lunch should be very very healthy, filled up with protein and fiber, and eat a whole lot of it! e.g: Salad, fruits and vegetables, or small mixed rice with toufu, eggs...etc. Fried food is always your enemy when you are trying to gain lean muscles and lost weight.
Dinner is nice, lots of fruits and veges. But do rmb meat, must make sure they are not fried or whatever. Boiled or Steamed or grilled are fine.
smile.gif

Erm, joining gym to me is not that important though, you can do planking or sit up or push up in your own room.
But you should RUN, do cardio and strength training together + watch your diet = very fit body.
Weightlifting will burn fat too, but not as much as how cardio can take you to.

Hope this helps! icon_rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
playerseeker
post May 29 2012, 12:25 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Green_lemontea @ May 28 2012, 09:57 PM)
I've managed to lost 20kgs in half a year with proper exercise and food intake control.
We aim to build lean muscles so you will look fit, and burn fats even when you sleep.

Your breakfast, is  not nutrition enough. Get some good carbs when you wake up in the morning, like smoothie, but good thing though, you nailed yoghurt.  rclxms.gif
Lunch should be very very healthy, filled up with protein and fiber, and eat a whole lot of it! e.g: Salad, fruits and vegetables, or small mixed rice with toufu, eggs...etc. Fried food is always your enemy when you are trying to gain lean muscles and lost weight.
Dinner is nice, lots of fruits and veges. But do rmb meat, must make sure they are not fried or whatever. Boiled or Steamed or grilled are fine.
smile.gif

Erm, joining gym to me is not that important though, you can do planking or sit up or push up in your own room.
But you should RUN, do cardio and strength training together + watch your diet = very fit body.
Hope this helps!  icon_rolleyes.gif
mind giving more info about the bolded statement??
+Quote Post
Green_lemontea
post May 29 2012, 05:49 PM

Getting Started

Jogging/Running to burn fat, strength training to build lean muscles.
Weightlifting is what we called anarobic exercise, is consider strength training. These types of exercise will only do toning and build lean muscles, makes you look slim but to burn fat and reduce body fat percentage, is through cardio exercise.
+Quote Post
TechnoG
post May 29 2012, 08:51 PM

Lifelines. <3

QUOTE(Green_lemontea @ May 28 2012, 09:57 PM)
I';ve managed to lost 20kgs in half a year with proper exercise and food intake control.

Your breakfast, is  not nutrition enough. Get some good carbs when you wake up in the morning, like smoothie, but good thing though, you nailed yoghurt.  rclxms.gif
smile.gif

Hope this helps!  icon_rolleyes.gif
wow, thanks for enlightening me. smile.gif

can you suggest any more food with high carb for my breakfast..bread? I've been dunking on loads of fruits, salad and fruits today.

Added on May 29, 2012, 8:53 pm
QUOTE(Green_lemontea @ May 29 2012, 05:49 PM)
Jogging/Running to burn fat, strength training to build lean muscles.
Weightlifting is what we called anarobic exercise, is consider strength training. These types of exercise will only do toning and build lean muscles, makes you look slim but to burn fat and reduce body fat percentage, is through cardio exercise.
the best is to strike a right balance between the two right? hmm.gif
do we have any specific food to take before and after workout? Or just protein will do?

This post has been edited by TechnoG: May 29 2012, 08:53 PM
+Quote Post
SlayerX~XX
post May 31 2012, 11:22 AM

Getting Started

i Was 116kg, currently 87kg, My height is around 186cm
My target weight is 83kg.
My waist was 40cm,currently 35cm, Target waist is 33cm
This is my workout routine
Day 1 : Chest(6 diff workout- 3sets of 15), Abs(5 diff workout- 4sets of 25), Cardio ( running on treadmill for 7 - 8km), back(1 workout of 3 sets of 15)
Day 2 : Shoulders(6 diff workout- 3sets of 15) ,Chest(1sets of 15), Cardio( running on treadmill for 7 - 8km),back(1 workout of 3 sets of 15),Abs(5 diff workout- 4sets of 25)
Day 3 : back(6 diff workout- 3sets of 15) ,Chest(1sets of 15), Abs(5 diff workout- 4sets of 25), Cardio ( running on treadmill for 7 - 8km)
Day 4 : Legs(6 diff workout- 3sets of 15),Chest(1sets of 15), back(1 workout of 3 sets of 15), Abs(5 diff workout- 4sets of 25), Cardio ( running on treadmill for 7 - 8km)
Day 5 : Same as day 1
And so on
I have badminton session every Tuesday. I always on the treadmill and move on to the weight lifting afterward.

Did i do it too extreme?? i am afraid i can't maintain my body weigh afterward. I been on this routine for 7 months. My belly fat is so hard to lose, any suggestion???

+Quote Post
PowerOfLove
post May 31 2012, 01:50 PM

QUOTE(wai2kit @ May 27 2012, 12:17 AM)

honestly you should low down your eating habit especially rice..and those high fiber stuff.
eat more vegetable & fruit.
for snack try to have yogurt.. the most important is dont eat too many supper rolleyes.gif
should not waste your money on the gym ya.. Try to join the classes too. i mean those classes provide in the gym especially body combat, zumba fitness , body pumping and etc. icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Maknusia
post Jun 1 2012, 03:37 PM

Casual

QUOTE(SlayerX~XX @ May 31 2012, 11:22 AM)
Day 1 : Chest(6 diff workout- 3sets of 15), Abs(5 diff workout- 4sets of 25), Cardio ( running on treadmill for 7 - 8km), back(1 workout of 3 sets of 15)
Day 2 : Shoulders(6 diff workout- 3sets of 15) ,Chest(1sets of 15), Cardio( running on treadmill for 7 - 8km),back(1 workout of 3 sets of 15),Abs(5 diff workout- 4sets of 25)
Day 3 : back(6 diff workout- 3sets of 15) ,Chest(1sets of 15),  Abs(5 diff workout- 4sets of 25), Cardio ( running on treadmill for 7 - 8km)
Day 4 : Legs(6 diff workout- 3sets of 15),Chest(1sets of 15), back(1 workout of 3 sets of 15), Abs(5 diff workout- 4sets of 25), Cardio ( running on treadmill for 7 - 8km)
And so on
I have badminton session every Tuesday. I always on the treadmill and move on to the weight lifting afterward.

Did i do it too extreme?? i am afraid i can't maintain my body weigh afterward. I been on this routine for 7 months. My belly fat is so hard to lose, any suggestion???
then...its your diet...check out what is your daily calorie intake amount to?
+Quote Post
Kelvin5717
post Jun 4 2012, 10:00 PM

On my way

Hi guys,

I'm trying to lose weight for my wedding next year, (I'm Male) as my wife complaint lol

I went to gym daily except saturday and sometime sunday if got things to do..

and for dinner i take oat, i started with just oat + hot water, terrible taste then i add 1 pack of 3 in 1 milo but my gym fren say add milo make no different already...

I also eat brocoli, coliflower + carrot braised + salt only..

the thing is i wanna add into variety of diet for my dinner if not sure bored until vomit

I was thinking oat kinda of like porrige and i like porrige with Marmite / Borwls (the sticky black thing) wanna ask if this thing contribute to fattening ?

and new easy diet for dinner / lunch / breakfast are always welcome Thanks for helping..

Started last week 97kg
7 days pass 95.2kg
Aim 70kg please help

A friend also told me coliflower got sugar inside ? also fat ???? anyone can confirm this ???

+Quote Post
Faith+1
post Jun 5 2012, 01:09 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Kelvin5717 @ Jun 4 2012, 10:00 PM)
Hi guys,

I'm trying to lose weight for my wedding next year, (I'm Male) as my wife complaint lol

I went to gym daily except saturday and sometime sunday if got things to do..

and for dinner i take oat, i started with just oat + hot water, terrible taste then i add 1 pack of 3 in 1 milo but my gym fren say add milo make no different already...

I also eat brocoli, coliflower + carrot braised + salt only..

the thing is i wanna add into variety of diet for my dinner if not sure bored until vomit

I was thinking oat kinda of like porrige and i like porrige with Marmite / Borwls (the sticky black thing) wanna ask if this thing contribute to fattening ?

and new easy diet for dinner / lunch / breakfast are always welcome Thanks for helping..

Started last week 97kg
7 days pass 95.2kg
Aim 70kg please help
A friend also told me coliflower got sugar inside ? also fat ???? anyone can confirm this ???
You need to lay out your daily meal and workout in order for us to give you a piece of advice.

Losing weight is easy, losing fats and preserving muscle mass is another story.
+Quote Post
Kelvin5717
post Jun 5 2012, 09:26 AM

On my way

QUOTE(Faith+1 @ Jun 5 2012, 01:09 AM)
You need to lay out your daily meal and workout in order for us to give you a piece of advice.

Losing weight is easy, losing fats and preserving muscle mass is another story.
Breakfast - 3 In 1 Milo with cereal
Lunch - Chap Fan with chicken that is not fried or curry + egg / beancurd / orangebeen with egg + vege (small portion rice) or roast chicken breast with small portion of rice.
Dinner - Oat + 3 in 1 Milo or Brocolli + cauliflower + carrot braised with salt.
Snack / Supper - Apple 1 or 2 depends on how hungry.

GYM
Trackmill - 35min = 3min walk, 7min jog, 2min walk 8min jog, 2min walk 8 ming jog, 5min walk cool down.
Crosstrainner = 15min
Some abs machine, you can lie on it and put leg on the end, then pull up your body by handle beside left and right (behind also can add weight) = 12times per set, 6 set with 2.5kg weight. (something like sit-up)
Some abs machine, you knee on it and swing left and right - 15times per set, 6 set with 17kg weight
Abs crunch - 20 times per set, 3 set.

This is daily routine for weekdays, weekend only sometime free on Sunday.

This post has been edited by Kelvin5717: Jun 5 2012, 09:27 AM
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post Jun 5 2012, 09:30 AM

On my way

QUOTE(Kelvin5717 @ Jun 5 2012, 09:26 AM)
Lunch - Chap Fan with chicken that is not fried or curry + egg / beancurd / orangebeen with egg + vege (small portion rice) or roast chicken breast with small portion of rice.
Dinner - Oat + 3 in 1 Milo or Brocolli + cauliflower + carrot braised with salt.

GYM
Trackmill - 35min = 3min walk, 7min jog, 2min walk 8min jog, 2min walk 8 ming jog, 5min walk cool down.
Crosstrainner = 15min
Some abs machine, you can lie on it and put leg on the end, then pull up your body by handle beside left and right (behind also can add weight) = 12times per set, 6 set with 2.5kg weight. (something like sit-up)
Some abs machine, you knee on it and swing left and right - 15times per set, 6 set with 17kg weight

just abs exercise and cardio? My suggestion will be take away treadmill and one of your abs machine exercise, use those energy and strength to do weight training, chest, back, shoulder, leg. You need to build more muscle mass in order to burn fats more effective.

+Quote Post
lint3s
post Jun 5 2012, 11:47 AM

Getting Started

Hey guys, need some advice here.

I'm a male, height about 176cm and weight 78kg. Target to lose another 8kg more and start to work out on my muscle.

Currently, my work office is on 3rd floor and I choose to walk the stairs instead of the lifts everyday.

After work, I would hit the gym every monday, tuesday and thursday except saturday and sunday. Normally I will start off with 30min of cycling ( as the gym do not have threadmill) and start to do some weight lifting, sit-ups and other machines. I've been continue like this for almost 5 weeks and I already lose 2kg. (80kg before gym)

For wednesday and friday, I'll have badminton session with friends.

For weekend, I would follow video from Youtube (Mike Chang) doing those m-100, hardcore belly fat burn.

For my diet part, I still eat everything like normal.
Weekdays
Morning = economic mee
Lunch = normal hawker center food
Dinner = less rice and more vege (home cuisine)

Weekend
Normally will be brunch since I always woke up late, and dinner same like weekdays.

So am I doing correctly? Or do I need to do more? 5 weeks for 2kg is it normal or can do better?

Thanks in advance notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
futuredarthvader
post Jun 5 2012, 12:35 PM

Getting Started

GYM
Crosstrainner = 15min

Wow, I think I'll use your diet plan for now, cause I dont have any and I dont know where to start sad.gif I'm 80KG and used to be 65KG.
+Quote Post
Faith+1
post Jun 5 2012, 04:12 PM

Regular

QUOTE(futuredarthvader @ Jun 5 2012, 12:35 PM)
Wow, I think I'll use your diet plan for now, cause I dont have any and I dont know where to start sad.gif I'm 80KG and used to be 65KG.
You cereal?

His diet plan is bad and training routine is terrible.

This post has been edited by Faith+1: Jun 5 2012, 04:15 PM
+Quote Post
popcorn513
post Jun 5 2012, 05:36 PM

☆(≡ω≡.)☆

QUOTE(SlayerX~XX @ May 31 2012, 11:22 AM)
Day 3 : back(6 diff workout- 3sets of 15) ,Chest(1sets of 15),  Abs(5 diff workout- 4sets of 25), Cardio ( running on treadmill for 7 - 8km)
And so on

Me too, on diet plus daily 1 hours workout, can fell stamina and strength improve but belly still hardly remove (waist size keep stuck at 76cm rclxub.gif )
+Quote Post
Faith+1
post Jun 5 2012, 10:59 PM

Regular

GYM
Crosstrainner = 15min

Your meal plan is terrible (lazy to explain) but if you're in calories deficit, you will still lose weight anyway.

And for you workout, just ditch the abs exercises if you think this going to help to lose tummy fats as there is not such thing as spot reduction. You can do your cardio after workout or during OFF days.

Look up for Starting Strength workout, more compound exercises and monitor your daily diet. Not only you will lose weights, but fats as well.

+Quote Post
futuredarthvader
post Jun 6 2012, 02:27 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Faith+1 @ Jun 5 2012, 10:59 PM)
Your meal plan is terrible (lazy to explain) but if you're in calories deficit, you will still lose weight anyway.

And for you workout, just ditch the abs exercises if you think this going to help to lose tummy fats as there is not such thing as spot reduction. You can do your cardio after workout or during OFF days.

Look up for Starting Strength workout, more compound exercises and monitor your daily diet. Not only you will lose weights, but fats as well.
Don't mind me asking but whats the right meal plan? I'm not sure what diet to follow rclxub.gif so many advices from so many websites and books, haha mostly they say avoid heavy carbs and consume more fibre. But whats the idle balance diet in which both are included? Do you have a diet plan or examples?
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post Jun 6 2012, 09:02 AM

On my way

There are two types of carbs....simple and complex carbs....for me i'd avoid simple carbs...go for complex carbs and you need carbs for energy. There are so called refined and unrefined carbs and unrefined carbs is better than refined carbs in term of simple carbs. So search up those term and you will know more
+Quote Post
futuredarthvader
post Jun 6 2012, 10:57 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(playerseeker @ Jun 6 2012, 09:02 AM)
There are two types of carbs....simple and complex carbs....for me i'd avoid simple carbs...go for complex carbs and you need carbs for energy. There are so called refined and unrefined carbs and unrefined carbs is better than refined carbs in term of simple carbs. So search up those term and you will know more
Thanks, found it smile.gif http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002469.htm

Food Sources
Carbohydrates are classified as simple or complex. The classification depends on the chemical structure of the food, and how quickly the sugar is digested and absorbed. Simple carbohydrates have one (single) or two (double) sugars. Complex carbohydrates have three or more sugars.

Examples of single sugars from foods include:

Fructose (found in fruits)
Galactose (found in milk products)
Double sugars include:

Lactose (found in dairy)
Maltose (found in certain vegetables and in beer)
Sucrose (table sugar)
Honey is also a double sugar. But unlike table sugar, it contains a small amount of vitamins and minerals. (Note: Honey should not be given to children younger than 1 year old.)

Complex carbohydrates, often referred to as "starchy" foods, include:

Legumes
Starchy vegetables
Whole-grain breads and cereals
Simple carbohydrates that contain vitamins and minerals occur naturally in:

Fruits
Milk and milk products
Vegetables
Simple carbohydrates are also found in processed and refined sugars such as:

Candy
Regular (nondiet) carbonated beverages, such as soda
Syrups
Table sugar
Refined sugars provide calories, but lack vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Such simple sugars are often called "empty calories" and can lead to weight gain.

Also, many refined foods, such as white flour, sugar, and white rice, lack B vitamins and other important nutrients unless they are marked "enriched." It is healthiest to get carbohydrates, vitamins, and other nutrients in as natural a form as possible -- for example, from fruit instead of table sugar.

Added on June 6, 2012, 10:59 am
QUOTE(Faith+1 @ Jun 5 2012, 10:59 PM)

Recommendations
Most people should get between 40% and 60% of total calories from carbohydrates, preferably from complex carbohydrates (starches) and natural sugars. Complex carbohydrates provide calories, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

Foods that are high in processed, refined simple sugars provide calories, but very little nutrition. It is wise to limit these sugars.

To increase complex carbohydrates and healthy nutrients:

Eat more fruits and vegetables.
Eat more whole-grain rice, breads, and cereals.
Eat more legumes (beans, lentils, and dried peas).
Here are recommended serving sizes for foods high in carbohydrates:

Vegetables: 1 cup of raw vegetables, or 1/2 cup cooked vegetables, or 3/4 cup of vegetable juice
Fruits: 1 medium-size fruit (such as 1 medium apple or 1 medium orange), 1/2 cup of a canned or chopped fruit, or 3/4 cup of fruit juice
Breads and cereals: 1 slice of bread; 1 ounce or 2/3 cup of ready-to-eat cereal; 1/2 cup of cooked rice, pasta, or cereal; 1/2 cup of cooked dry beans, lentils, or dried peas
Dairy: 1 cup of skim or low-fat milk
For information about how many servings are recommended, see the article on the food guide plate.

Here is a sample 2,000 calorie menu, of which 50 - 60% of the total calories are from carbohydrates:

Breakfast
Cold cereal
1 cup shredded wheat cereal
1 tbsp raisins
1 cup fat-free milk
1 small banana
1 slice whole-wheat toast
1 tsp soft margarine
1 tsp jelly
Lunch
Smoked turkey sandwich
2 ounces whole-wheat pita bread
1/4 cup romaine lettuce
2 slices tomato
3 ounces sliced smoked turkey breast
1 tbsp mayo-type salad dressing
1 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 cup apple slices
1 cup tomato juice
Dinner
Grilled top loin steak
5 ounces grilled top loin steak
3/4 cup mashed potatoes
2 tsp soft margarine
1/2 cup steamed carrots
1 tbsp honey
2 ounces whole-wheat dinner roll
1 tsp soft margarine
1 cup fat-free milk
Snacks
1 cup low-fat fruit yogurt

Source: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002469.htm

You mean something like this?

This post has been edited by futuredarthvader: Jun 6 2012, 10:59 AM
+Quote Post
edenian
post Jun 6 2012, 03:22 PM

guys. im 175-178 cm and weighted 96kg. any diet meals suggestion to slim down to 75kg in 4 months time?
+Quote Post
Raikkonen
post Jun 6 2012, 08:19 PM

♡ Ʈṫɑɘ-Ʈṫɑɘ ☼ Ʈɑɘѝǧ ☁ 태연 ☂ CHAMSARANG

Evening.

Is this ok?

1 Coffee twice a day. Each coffee, one(1) tablespoon of sugar.

2 .Bihun. Replacing rice. But bihun are made out of rice correct?

+Quote Post
Altruis
post Jun 7 2012, 01:11 AM

On my way

Disclaimer first : as the title at the start of this forum says - all health advice here is not to be taken as medical advice, so though I am a current practicing medical officer, I am to be just considered as voicing my own "opinion".

Basically losing weight is very basic maths.

Energy input must be less than energy output to lose weight.
You can either decrease input or increase output
Every 3300 calories you reduce you lose 1kg of fat

Reduce your calorie intake a day to 1400 calories, and you have -600 calories per day
assuming you have a cheat day/willpower fails 1x a week
you will lose approximately 1kg a week

The other option is to increase output. Running 1 hour increases output by about 600 calories. Do that 6x a week and you lose 1kg fat too.

You can of course combine part of both to acheive the results you want

The other option is physical removal of fat

There is currently on 2 methods - the generally recognised method is liposuction

The newer alternative is injection lipolysis - still has not gotten FDA approval yet for cosmetic sculpting. It is only FDA approved for injection into the bloodstream to break down fatty plaques that obstruct blood vessels. Nevertheless it is widely used in US/Europe and it costs about 400-500 USD.

I've gotten hold of a vial of it and I think it holds much promise. I experimented on myself. XD. Injected the left side of my tummy with the active compound, and injected the right side of my tummy with normal saline. Within a week, when I was pinching the fat on my tummy I realised the left side was bout 2cm thick whereas the right side was 3cm thick. Needless to say I am now busy injecting over my entire stomach.

Added on June 7, 2012, 1:31 amDisclaimer first : as the title at the start of this forum says - all health advice here is not to be taken as medical advice, so though I am a current practicing medical officer, I am to be just considered as voicing my own "opinion".

QUOTE(edenian @ Jun 6 2012, 03:22 PM)
guys. im 175-178 cm and weighted 96kg. any diet meals suggestion to slim down to 75kg in 4 months time?
Very possible but you need strong willpower. Take a 1200-1400 calorie diet daily and you should reach your target
Try to do some resistance/weights too so you can maintain your muscle mass.

Willpower is going to be the toughest part.
I know because even this week itself though I was trying to keep to a 1400 kcal diet, I seriously exceeded it.
I still did manage to lose weight though, but that was cause I was cheating with other stuff.
Past 3 weeks lost 1 kg per week. Then I realised my calorie restriction was failing last week. (reduction of energy input failing)

monday - 280g beef, grilled (500 calories), protein shake (640 calories), satay 4 sticks (200 calories), spaghetti (300 calories) = 1640 calories
tuesday - 280g beef, grilled (500 calories), tomyum (400 calories), fries (375 calories), double chicken burger (780 calories), coke (240 calories) = 2300 calories
wednesday - 280g beef, grilled (500 calories), protein shake (640 calories), triple patty burger (900 calories), satay 12 sticks (600 calories) = 2640 calories
thursday - KFC snack plate (1180 calories), protein shake (640 calories), 280g beef (500 calories) = 2320 calories
friday - coffee (150 calories), starbucks venti (600 calories), home cooked dinner (circa 600 calories) = 1350 calories

Realising my diet was gonna fail and that there would be a :horror: gain that weekend, I started on backup plan.

I commenced thyroxine analogues and increased caffeine consumption. (to increase energy output)
I also cheated further by initiating the injection lipolysis experiment to chemically localised breakdown of fat cells. (physical/chemical destruction of fat)

Net result = last week only lost 500g

Moral of the story : willpower is what will make or break the dieting plan. If your willpower is strong enough then no problem you can reach your target.
If willpower weak however sweat.gif sweat.gif then need to find other methods.

This post has been edited by Altruis: Jun 7 2012, 01:31 AM
+Quote Post
futuredarthvader
post Jun 7 2012, 09:56 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Altruis @ Jun 7 2012, 01:11 AM)
Disclaimer first : as the title at the start of this forum says - all health advice here is not to be taken as medical advice, so though I am a current practicing medical officer, I am to be just considered as voicing my own "opinion".

Reduce your calorie intake a day to 1400 calories, and you have -600 calories per day

The other option is to increase output. Running 1 hour increases output by about 600 calories. Do that 6x a week and you lose 1kg fat too.

There is currently on 2 methods - the generally recognised method is liposuction

The newer alternative is injection lipolysis - still has not gotten FDA approval yet for cosmetic sculpting. It is only FDA approved for injection into the bloodstream to break down fatty plaques that obstruct blood vessels. Nevertheless it is widely used in US/Europe and it costs about 400-500 USD.

I've gotten hold of a vial of it and I think it holds much promise. I experimented on myself. XD. Injected the left side of my tummy with the active compound, and injected the right side of my tummy with normal saline. Within a week, when I was pinching the fat on my tummy I realised the left side was bout 2cm thick whereas the right side was 3cm thick. Needless to say I am now busy injecting over my entire stomach.

Added on June 7, 2012, 1:31 amDisclaimer first : as the title at the start of this forum says - all health advice here is not to be taken as medical advice, so though I am a current practicing medical officer, I am to be just considered as voicing my own "opinion".
Very possible but you need strong willpower. Take a 1200-1400 calorie diet daily and you should reach your target

I know because even this week itself though I was trying to keep to a 1400 kcal diet, I seriously exceeded it.
I still did manage to lose weight though, but that was cause I was cheating with other stuff.
Past 3 weeks lost 1 kg per week. Then I realised my calorie restriction was failing last week. (reduction of energy input failing)

monday - 280g beef, grilled (500 calories), protein shake (640 calories), satay 4 sticks (200 calories), spaghetti (300 calories) = 1640 calories
tuesday - 280g beef, grilled (500 calories), tomyum (400 calories), fries (375 calories), double chicken burger (780 calories), coke (240 calories) = 2300 calories
wednesday - 280g beef, grilled (500 calories), protein shake (640 calories), triple patty burger (900 calories), satay 12 sticks (600 calories) = 2640 calories
thursday - KFC snack plate (1180 calories), protein shake (640 calories), 280g beef (500 calories) = 2320 calories
friday - coffee (150 calories), starbucks venti (600 calories), home cooked dinner (circa 600 calories) = 1350 calories

Realising my diet was gonna fail and that there would be a :horror: gain that weekend, I started on backup plan.

I commenced thyroxine analogues and increased caffeine consumption. (to increase energy output)
I also cheated further by initiating the injection lipolysis experiment to chemically localised breakdown of fat cells. (physical/chemical destruction of fat)

Moral of the story : willpower is what will make or break the dieting plan. If your willpower is strong enough then no problem you can reach your target.
If willpower weak however sweat.gif  sweat.gif then need to find other methods.
Interesting bro, thanks for sharing.

- as in increase coffee consumption? or tea? or anything with caffeine?
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 7 2012, 10:16 AM

Casual

finally i join gym. lol XD
Been kinda lazy to squeeze the time for exercise, max also about 2-3 times a week. Thus, no choice but to spend money to make myself feel heartache for wasting money to pay membership if i don't go

anyway, after lost 12kgs, now maintain and wanting to build up more muscle. I do realize I have water retention problem, any pros here can guide to get rid of water retention issue?
+Quote Post
Altruis
post Jun 7 2012, 11:36 AM

On my way

QUOTE(futuredarthvader @ Jun 7 2012, 09:56 AM)
Interesting bro, thanks for sharing.

- as in increase coffee consumption? or tea? or anything with caffeine?
I suppose that should help too. But must be tea/black coffee without creamer and cannot add sugar. Can add aspartame though.

I used caffeine in tablet form... rolleyes.gif

Added on June 7, 2012, 11:42 am
QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 7 2012, 10:16 AM)
finally i join gym. lol XD
Been kinda lazy to squeeze the time for exercise, max also about 2-3 times a week. Thus, no choice but to spend money to make myself feel heartache for wasting money to pay membership if i don't go

anyway, after lost 12kgs, now maintain and wanting to build up more muscle. I do realize I have water retention problem, any pros here can guide to get rid of water retention issue?
what makes you think you have water retention problem?
who diagnosed it?

pitting oedema over you ankles?
fluid in the lungs?
enlarged heart?

This post has been edited by Altruis: Jun 7 2012, 11:42 AM
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 7 2012, 12:20 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Altruis @ Jun 7 2012, 11:36 AM)
I suppose that should help too. But must be tea/black coffee without creamer and cannot add sugar. Can add aspartame though.

I used caffeine in tablet form...  rolleyes.gif

who diagnosed it?

fluid in the lungs?
enlarged heart?
The other day I went to the beauty center for Gua Sha and facial, they told me that my body is having a lot of water, saying I have water retention problem. After that I did some reading on net too, so unknown now.

Even getting smaller size but a lot of flabs still sad.gif
+Quote Post
alien9
post Jun 7 2012, 12:54 PM

These stars mean nothing

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 7 2012, 12:20 PM)
The other day I went to the beauty center for Gua Sha and facial, they told me that my body is having a lot of water, saying I have water retention problem. After that I did some reading on net too, so unknown now.

Even getting smaller size but a lot of flabs still sad.gif
Well, water is 70% of what inside our body. Most slimming centre gave a good result on their therapy for the first few sessions because of they managed to rid the water weight, but not the fat. When it comes to fat, their therapy ain't working effectively thus seeing the slow result; and will make you come again and buy more sessions.
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 7 2012, 01:22 PM

Casual

QUOTE(alien9 @ Jun 7 2012, 12:54 PM)
Well, water is 70% of what inside our body. Most slimming centre gave a good result on their therapy for the first few sessions because of they managed to rid the water weight, but not the fat. When it comes to fat, their therapy ain't working effectively thus seeing the slow result; and will make you come again and buy more sessions.
So it's normal for me now or I'll still have to get rid of the water weight? I did body fat result before and the result is ok. I don't believe in slimming pills or what not, but not sure on that water retention they mentioned to us
+Quote Post
FantaPeach
post Jun 7 2012, 01:59 PM

QUOTE(Altruis @ Jun 7 2012, 01:11 AM)

If willpower weak however sweat.gif  sweat.gif then need to find other methods.
True of what you said. Willpower to be discipline and abide to the diet plan and exercise schedule is the main road block. Any recommendation for diet plan and effective exercise schedule that can suit the working lifestyle and yet not too dry and bore??

Added on June 7, 2012, 2:02 pmBarley Drink is best and healthiness method to get rid of water retention problem. Although high caffeine drink like coffee and tea do the same but it is commonly known that caffeine is bad for overall health.

This post has been edited by FantaPeach: Jun 7 2012, 02:02 PM
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 7 2012, 03:13 PM

Casual

Barley drink without sugar or added with sugar? Will try to make it this weekend. Just hit to gym again for lunch hour. Now glad to realize that my stamina is improved tremendously smile.gif
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 7 2012, 11:45 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 7 2012, 03:13 PM)
Barley drink without sugar or added with sugar? Will try to make it this weekend. Just hit to gym again for lunch hour. Now glad to realize that my stamina is improved tremendously smile.gif
without sugar, unless worst come to worst brown sugar tongue.gif
+Quote Post
darkseifer
post Jun 8 2012, 06:29 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 7 2012, 11:45 PM)
without sugar, unless worst come to worst brown sugar  tongue.gif
Why? The difference is only marginal.
+Quote Post
redzaril
post Jun 8 2012, 10:40 AM

Hi there.
Sorry to hijack this thread but I don't wanna create a thread just to ask one question.. Besides, this thread is the closest in relation to what I want to ask sweat.gif

I have lost 4 kg after doing some serious cardio workout and jogging for the last 4-5 months now my weight is at 70kg. (my stats now: 170cm, 70kg, 32inch waist).

I ve just joined a gym recently to build some muscle flex.gif and I've purchased a whey protein (Nitrotech Hardcore Pro series) The suggested consumption is 2 serving 3 times daily for atleast six weeks.

My question is, since I just started joining gym, and only using the machine (not even venturing to he free weight area YET accept a pair of 10 kg dumbells), and I go there on alternate days (plus weekend off).
Should I consume the formula using the suggested consumption or do I have to modify it?

You see I am very afraid if I drink em everyday, I would gain weight again and that would be disheartening for me cry.gif

If I do have to modify it.. Can someone give me some advice regarding this? Thank you guys notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
skylinelover
post Jun 9 2012, 08:48 PM

<3 i love megan fox <3

QUOTE(alien9 @ Jun 7 2012, 12:54 PM)
haha what a nice way 2 cheat more unaware customers laugh.gif doh.gif anyway manual exercise FTW laugh.gif rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
coachfahmi
post Jun 9 2012, 09:11 PM

QUOTE(krypt5 @ Apr 18 2012, 10:42 AM)
Tried the 5-6 meal method. No difference for me in terms of result. It just felt more irritating. Broscience sux. Lol.
Bro,

If you need to lose weight, I did it successful in gaining 2-3 kilo a week without changing any way of eating habit.. visit my blog :

http://www.coachfahmi.blogspot.com

Email me, and I will share with you the programme.. no obligation.. it work's everytime

Added on June 9, 2012, 9:13 pm
QUOTE(Altruis @ Jun 7 2012, 11:36 AM)

I used caffeine in tablet form...  rolleyes.gif

who diagnosed it?

fluid in the lungs?
enlarged heart?

Bro,

If you need to lose weight, I did it successful in gaining 2-3 kilo a week without changing any way of eating habit.you are right, you need to tea as antioxidant and also help to flush out toxin.... visit my blog :

http://www.coachfahmi.blogspot.com.

Email me, and I will share with you the programme.. no obligation..

This post has been edited by coachfahmi: Jun 9 2012, 09:13 PM
+Quote Post
alien9
post Jun 9 2012, 09:19 PM

These stars mean nothing

QUOTE(coachfahmi @ Jun 9 2012, 09:11 PM)
Bro,

If you need to lose weight, I did it successful in gaining 2-3 kilo a week without changing any way of eating habit.. visit my blog :

http://www.coachfahmi.blogspot.com

Email me, and I will share with you the programme.. no obligation.. it work's everytime

Added on June 9, 2012, 9:13 pm

Bro,

If you need to lose weight, I did it successful in gaining 2-3 kilo a week without changing any way of eating habit.you are right, you need to tea as antioxidant and also help to flush out toxin.... visit my blog :

http://www.coachfahmi.blogspot.com.

Email me, and I will share with you the programme.. no obligation..

Yeah, why don't you just said you are promoting Herbalife? BTW, sales advertisement is not allowed in this section.
+Quote Post
alien9
post Jun 9 2012, 09:21 PM

These stars mean nothing

QUOTE(redzaril @ Jun 8 2012, 10:40 AM)
Hi there.
Sorry to hijack this thread but I don't wanna create  a thread just to ask one question.. Besides, this thread is the closest in relation to what I want to ask  sweat.gif

I have lost 4 kg after doing some serious cardio workout and jogging for the last 4-5 months now my weight is at 70kg. (my stats now: 170cm, 70kg, 32inch waist).

I ve just joined a gym recently to build some muscle  flex.gif  and I've purchased a whey protein (Nitrotech Hardcore Pro series) The suggested consumption is 2 serving 3 times daily for atleast six weeks.

My question is, since I just started joining gym, and only using the machine (not even venturing to he free weight area YET accept a pair of 10 kg dumbells), and I go there on alternate days (plus weekend off).
Should I consume the formula using the suggested consumption or do I have to modify it?

You see I am very afraid if I drink em everyday, I would gain weight again and that would be disheartening for me cry.gif

If I do have to modify it.. Can someone give me some advice regarding this? Thank you guys  notworthy.gif
If you know how much protein you should consume daily and how much calorie you need to increase your muscle mass, you will know how many serving of whey you need to consume daily.
+Quote Post
alien9
post Jun 9 2012, 09:22 PM

These stars mean nothing

Hi there.
Sorry to hijack this thread but I don't wanna create  a thread just to ask one question.. Besides, this thread is the closest in relation to what I want to ask  sweat.gif

I ve just joined a gym recently to build some muscle  flex.gif  and I've purchased a whey protein (Nitrotech Hardcore Pro series) The suggested consumption is 2 serving 3 times daily for atleast six weeks.

If I do have to modify it.. Can someone give me some advice regarding this? Thank you guys  notworthy.gif
If you know how much protein you should consume daily and how much calorie you need to increase your muscle mass, you will know how many serving of whey you need to consume daily.
+Quote Post
Altruis
post Jun 9 2012, 09:34 PM

On my way

Hi there.

Hey, I've just gotten delivery of two 4lb tubs of the Nitrotech Hardcore Chocolate. Same same.

Haha. I'm just taking 2 scoops after each workout. 3 times a day - mampusla that much protein.
+Quote Post
redzaril
post Jun 9 2012, 09:55 PM

QUOTE(Altruis @ Jun 9 2012, 09:34 PM)
Hey, I've just gotten delivery of two 4lb tubs of the Nitrotech Hardcore Chocolate. Same same.

Haha. I'm just taking 2 scoops after each workout. 3 times a day - mampusla that much protein.
Hahaha.. Yup.. mamposla with that amount of protein tongue.gif
Actually, I ve contacted someone but dunno whether tis can be implement with your training schedule or not.

Since I workout on alternate days..he suggest I take two servings (breakfast and dinner) on non training day and three servings (add one b4 workout) on training day...

Oh ya, 1 serving means 1 scoop.

Ahahha.. Imma answering my own question.. whistling.gif

P/S: Since you are starting to use the same supplement, maybe we can motivate one another hehehe
+Quote Post
coachfahmi
post Jun 9 2012, 10:01 PM

QUOTE(alien9 @ Jun 9 2012, 09:19 PM)
Yeah, why don't you just said you are promoting Herbalife? BTW, sales advertisement is not allowed in this section.
I'm sharing some of the way you can try if other method fails.. It works for me thou..you can gain/lose or sustain depending on method you use. It pretty simple..
+Quote Post
Altruis
post Jun 9 2012, 10:41 PM

On my way

QUOTE(redzaril @ Jun 9 2012, 09:55 PM)
Hahaha.. Yup.. mamposla with that amount of protein  tongue.gif
Actually, I ve contacted someone but dunno whether tis can be implement with your training schedule or not.

Since I workout on alternate days..he suggest I take two servings (breakfast and dinner) on non training day and three servings (add one b4 workout) on training day...

Oh ya, 1 serving means 1 scoop.
Ahahha.. Imma answering my own question.. whistling.gif

P/S: Since you are starting to use the same supplement, maybe we can motivate one another  hehehe
Haha. That sounds OKla. but my diet quite protein rich, so I plan to only use on workout days.

Bankruptla kalau guna too much. XD

Current status:
5th week diet, total loss 5kg d. Yay!
+Quote Post
makaveli
post Jun 11 2012, 10:53 AM

satishphotowerkz

Thank god i have this kind thread which helps me motivate to loose weight.
Finally i able to stable up my self with all high nutrition foods and of course my protein as supplement.
Really cut down high carbohydrate food eg : rice(indian cant live without rice) and bread which i think i been craving for weeks.
Green apple,Oats,Banana,Vegetable and 2 hours of workout (1 1/2 hour cardio and 1/2 hour weight lifting.

Happy that ihv loose around 3kg in 4th week.Current weigh 131kg.
+Quote Post
birain
post Jun 11 2012, 12:20 PM

良い一日を

*makaveli
you can buy gardenia breakthru if you craving for bread,calorie very low.
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 11 2012, 01:13 PM

Casual

It'strue that this thread motivate ppl for weight loss. Nowadays I still work out for cardio and extra exercises like squats and weight lifting. Sadly lately my appetite changed badly. I used to eat a lot for high protein and fiber food ,even now still but the amount is much lesser but I don't feel hungry, normal? ?
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 11 2012, 02:48 PM

On my way

Oven baked. One whole chicken leg, 3 chicken fillet pieces, one brocolli and one carrot. I think i eat too much for lunch :/

Added on June 11, 2012, 2:51 pm
Hi there.

2 servings 3 times per day? Woah. I only take 2 servings one time per day, after workout. I'm taking ON Gold Standard

This post has been edited by gannicholas: Jun 11 2012, 02:51 PM
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 11 2012, 02:51 PM

Casual

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 11 2012, 02:48 PM)
Oven baked. One whole chicken leg, 3 chicken fillet pieces, one brocolli and one carrot. I think i eat too much for lunch :/

If I can eat like you I'll be very happy. I only manage to eat two hard boiled eggs and one apple sad.gif
+Quote Post
makaveli
post Jun 11 2012, 03:04 PM

satishphotowerkz

QUOTE(birain @ Jun 11 2012, 12:20 PM)
*makaveli
you can buy gardenia breakthru if you craving for bread,calorie very low.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I will start take one of these days.
How about wholemeal bread ?

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 11 2012, 01:13 PM)
It'strue that this thread motivate ppl for weight loss. Nowadays I still work out for cardio and extra exercises like squats and weight lifting. Sadly lately my appetite changed badly. I used to eat a lot for high protein and fiber food ,even now still but the amount is much lesser but I don't feel hungry,  normal? ?
I think its normal.Even now,after strict diet,i really dont feel much appetite to eat.
Where after my gym,come back around 8.30 take warm show and half glass Wholemeal Oats and green apple.

+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 11 2012, 03:07 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 11 2012, 02:51 PM)
If I can eat like you I'll be very happy. I only manage to eat two hard boiled eggs and one apple sad.gif
Currently learning how to cook at home. I'll be staying out soon for college, i cant rely on outside food. Ahahaha!
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 11 2012, 03:11 PM

Casual

QUOTE(makaveli @ Jun 11 2012, 03:04 PM)
Thanks for the suggestion.
I will start take one of these days.
How about wholemeal bread ?
I think its normal.Even now,after strict diet,i really dont feel much appetite to eat.
Where after my gym,come back around 8.30 take warm show and half glass Wholemeal Oats and green apple.
Is it? Last time breakfast alone well be having two eggs, one glass milk and oats, then apple,
but now after gym at 6, breakfast only one glass milk and an apple

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 11 2012, 03:07 PM)
Currently learning how to cook at home. I'll be staying out soon for college, i cant rely on outside food. Ahahaha!
Cool, I enjoy cooking but problem is no one help me finish it
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 11 2012, 03:25 PM

On my way

I'm currently planning to lose body fat, gain muscle mass
My BMI is slightly overweight and i'm currently consuming ON Gold Standard Whey
Just wanna how many scoops do i have to consume per day?
My meals :-

Breakfast :- A cup of milk, 2-3 eggs ( 1 yolk only )
Lunch :- Chicken Whole Leg, 3 Chicken Fillets, Vegetables ( One Broc, One Carrot ) All oven baked, 0% salt
Tea :- A cup of milk
Dinner :- Ordinary asian dinner. Vegetables, Tofu, Chicken ( Curry, Baked, Bla bla ) ( Under catering cause my family is busy )

I consume 2 scoops of ON Gold Standard Whey after weight training, before cardio
My workout routine :-
Day 1 :- Abs, Biceps, Back
Day 2 :- Triceps, Shoulders, Chest
Day 3 :- Legs, Lower Back ( Spine ) cause i have some lower back problems, physiotherapist told me to work on my lower back
and the cycle repeats
I spend at least 28 out of 31 days in the gym
Am i doing it right? Consuming 2 scoops of ON Gold Standard?
Some people has been taking what, 2 scoops 3 times per day?
Pretty insane for me.
Cause i'm afraid i'll overdose protein intake. I'm 18, 78kgs, 175cm
Thanks smile.gif
+Quote Post
makaveli
post Jun 11 2012, 03:48 PM

satishphotowerkz

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 11 2012, 03:11 PM)
Is it?  Last time breakfast alone well be having two eggs, one glass milk and oats,  then apple,
but now after gym at 6, breakfast only one glass milk and an apple
Cool,  I enjoy cooking but problem is no one help me finish it
same as my girlfriend.she call me to come over and ask me to finish her food.thats maybe another reason that i gain in this 2 years.

+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 11 2012, 04:12 PM

Casual

QUOTE(makaveli @ Jun 11 2012, 03:48 PM)
same as my girlfriend.she call me to come over and ask me to finish her food.thats maybe another reason that i gain in this 2 years.
If it's healthy cooking, then should be OK.
+Quote Post
TechnoG
post Jun 11 2012, 08:03 PM

Lifelines. <3

what should you eat when you're hungry? like tea time? is it the normal high protein food of eggs etc?
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 11 2012, 08:46 PM

On my way

QUOTE(TechnoG @ Jun 11 2012, 08:03 PM)
what should you eat when you're hungry? like tea time? is it the normal high protein food of eggs etc?
Tea time i'll prob olive oil fry 2 eggs with pepper, 1 yolk only and a cup of milk smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 11 2012, 10:02 PM

Casual

QUOTE(TechnoG @ Jun 11 2012, 08:03 PM)
I'll normally replace it with fruits tongue.gif
+Quote Post
TechnoG
post Jun 11 2012, 10:03 PM

Lifelines. <3

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 11 2012, 08:46 PM)
Tea time i'll prob olive oil fry 2 eggs with pepper, 1 yolk only and a cup of milk smile.gif
I guess cutting mostly revolve around eggs huh? laugh.gif most of the time I'll have half boil eggs, 2 in the morning and 2 more during tea time.
So I was thinking about other type of food? Instead of eggs tiap2 hari. hmm.gif
+Quote Post
playerseeker
post Jun 11 2012, 10:07 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 11 2012, 10:02 PM)
fruits for tea time for me smile.gif
+Quote Post
TechnoG
post Jun 11 2012, 10:09 PM

Lifelines. <3

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 11 2012, 10:02 PM)
okay, sounds like a plan. tongue.gif I'm trying to refrain myself from eating junk food cos my house is loaded with them. Biscuits should be alright yeah? I found one with only 90 calorie per pack..it is fine yeah? btw, my calorie intake is 1.7k, and most of the time I don't really eat that much.
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 11 2012, 10:19 PM

On my way

QUOTE(TechnoG @ Jun 11 2012, 10:03 PM)
I guess cutting mostly revolve around eggs huh? laugh.gif most of the time I'll have half boil eggs, 2 in the morning and 2 more during tea time.
So I was thinking about other type of food? Instead of eggs tiap2 hari. hmm.gif
I got sick and tired of eggs. I'll have rolled raw oats and milk sometimes smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 12 2012, 09:44 AM

Casual

QUOTE(playerseeker @ Jun 11 2012, 10:07 PM)
fruits for tea time for me smile.gif
Because easy tongue.gif

QUOTE(TechnoG @ Jun 11 2012, 10:09 PM)
okay, sounds like a plan. tongue.gif I'm trying to refrain myself from eating junk food cos my house is loaded with them. Biscuits should be alright yeah? I found one with only 90 calorie per pack..it is fine yeah? btw, my calorie intake is 1.7k, and most of the time I don't really eat that much.
Haha, somehow is a plan la. Everyday pack a few type of fruits go office and just munch it when hungry.
Biscuits I don't take, sometimes I also eat junk foods, once in a blue moon then OK la
+Quote Post
shyghost
post Jun 12 2012, 08:01 PM

Getting Started

Let say i go on a low calorie diet, zero carb and still jog+sprint (like HIIT) everyday for 30mins... Can i lose this tummy of mine? Would like to go for Brad Pitt Fight Club physique rather than body builder Arnold type.. Here is my details...

Body Mass Index: 21.7 kg/m2
Waist-to-Height ratio: 0.50
Percent Body Fat: 19.2%
Lean Body Mass: 108.3 lb

i got it from here: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
+Quote Post
DT1
post Jun 12 2012, 09:14 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(shyghost @ Jun 12 2012, 08:01 PM)
Let say i go on a low calorie diet, zero carb and still jog+sprint (like HIIT) everyday for 30mins... Can i lose this tummy of mine? Would like to go for Brad Pitt Fight Club physique rather than body builder Arnold type.. Here is my details...

Zero carbs? Definitely gonna fail.

And if you meant lowering amount of carbs. By how much? And what for?
+Quote Post
shyghost
post Jun 13 2012, 08:21 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(DT1 @ Jun 12 2012, 09:14 PM)
Zero carbs? Definitely gonna fail.

And if you meant lowering amount of carbs. By how much? And what for?
Hmm... ok, lowering my carbs intake for the purpose of achieving a flat tummy (not necessarily a six pack, well… not that soon, I mean) My waist now is at 33inch.
+Quote Post
DT1
post Jun 13 2012, 11:44 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(shyghost @ Jun 13 2012, 08:21 AM)
Hmm... ok, lowering my carbs intake for the purpose of achieving a flat tummy (not necessarily a six pack, well… not that soon, I mean) My waist now is at 33inch.
Be wary of the source of information.

You don't exactly need to worry about lowering or eliminating carbs, what's more important is reconsidering your food type.

For example, replace rice with more vegetables and legumes.
+Quote Post
DJJD
post Jun 13 2012, 03:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(shyghost @ Jun 12 2012, 08:01 PM)

Not only are you 99% likely to fail, if in the 1% event you succeed, you are not gonna look so much Brad Pitt as African famine victim.

LBM 108.3 lb, Brad Pitt had about 8% Body fat in Fight Club. That means your weight will be around 115lbs which is give or take 55kgs. You will look like a absolute stick.

Eat meat
Lift weights
Eat vegetables

Btw, your waist size is at 33in, this means you are not that fat anyways - there's no real need to cut
+Quote Post
adriankhoo153
post Jun 13 2012, 05:31 PM

Kalachia can go green meh?

Managed to shed off 12kgs in about 3 months + time. I reduce my carbs intake, did cardio 4-5 times a week. Counting calories and voila, 12kgs. Hehe
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 14 2012, 12:48 AM

On my way

QUOTE(adriankhoo153 @ Jun 13 2012, 05:31 PM)
Managed to shed off 12kgs in about 3 months + time. I reduce my carbs intake, did cardio 4-5 times a week. Counting calories and voila, 12kgs. Hehe
Same here! I totally cut off rice! x) I lost 12kgs in 3 months also. Workout 29 out of 31 days.
+Quote Post
adriankhoo153
post Jun 14 2012, 08:40 AM

Kalachia can go green meh?

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 14 2012, 12:48 AM)
Same here! I totally cut off rice! x) I lost 12kgs in 3 months also. Workout 29 out of 31 days.
That's nice bro. I still need to shed off another 6kgs. Hehhe
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 14 2012, 12:20 PM

On my way

QUOTE(adriankhoo153 @ Jun 14 2012, 08:40 AM)
That's nice bro. I still need to shed off another 6kgs. Hehhe
Commitment is the key! Just got back from my morning workout, did afterburn training circuit.

Added on June 14, 2012, 12:36 pmGuys! Seasonings like Basil Leaves & Cinnamon Powder, are they healthy?

This post has been edited by gannicholas: Jun 14 2012, 12:36 PM
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 14 2012, 01:37 PM

Casual

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 14 2012, 12:20 PM)
Commitment is the key! Just got back from my morning workout, did afterburn training circuit.

Added on June 14, 2012, 12:36 pmGuys! Seasonings like Basil Leaves & Cinnamon Powder, are they healthy?
Where you work out ?
I think is OK as I use them too
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 14 2012, 03:48 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 14 2012, 01:37 PM)
Where you work out ?
I think is OK as I use them too
I workout at Celeb Fitness WWM, will be working out at Celeb Fitness Sunway in 2 months time. You? smile.gif I'm heading to the gym again in a bit! icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 14 2012, 04:22 PM

Casual

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 14 2012, 03:48 PM)
I workout at Celeb Fitness WWM, will be working out at Celeb Fitness Sunway in 2 months time. You? smile.gif I'm heading to the gym again in a bit!  icon_rolleyes.gif
True fitness at taipan, but morning workout, thus it's quiet and alone
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 14 2012, 07:18 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 14 2012, 04:22 PM)
True fitness at taipan, but morning workout,  thus it's quiet and alone
Ohh, how's True Fitness? My cousin told me they have free flow of 100 plus drool.gif
+Quote Post
honkkydorry
post Jun 14 2012, 07:48 PM

Does taking protein shake helps to lose weight or will it actually makes one gain instead? Without doing any strength exercises?

I'm asking out of curiosity only.
+Quote Post
VeeJay
post Jun 14 2012, 11:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(honkkydorry @ Jun 14 2012, 07:48 PM)
Does taking protein shake helps to lose weight or will it actually makes one gain instead? Without doing any strength exercises?

gain or loss, it depends on your total calories intake
+Quote Post
shyghost
post Jun 15 2012, 10:08 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(DT1 @ Jun 13 2012, 11:44 AM)
Be wary of the source of information.

You don't exactly need to worry about lowering or eliminating carbs, what's more important is reconsidering your food type.

For example, replace rice with more vegetables and legumes.
Ok, noted... already replace rice with others. Thank you for your input nod.gif

QUOTE(DJJD @ Jun 13 2012, 03:45 PM)
Not only are you 99% likely to fail, if in the 1% event you succeed, you are not gonna look so much Brad Pitt but as an African famine victim.

LBM 108.3 lb, Brad Pitt had about 8% Body fat in Fight Club. That means your weight will be around 115lbs which is give or take 55kgs. You will look like a absolute stick.

Eat meat
Lift weights
Eat vegetables

Btw, your waist size is at 33in, this means you are not that fat anyways - there's no real need to cut
Still when I tighten my ab, i can rub the six packs under 1-2inch layer of fat. If I can't get the six packs to push up, I just wanna get rid of the ab fat so when I relax my stomach (breath out) it does not look like a muffin top in a skinny low waist jeans. No offence to muffin. tongue.gif

Eat meat - ok, eat vege - ok, but here I thought lifting weights gonna get myself bulky like arnie which is the opposite result I wanna get. I just wanna get lean but cut and define muscle, definitely not aiming to look skinny, straight and a flat body.

Thank you for your notes. I really appreciate it smile.gif
+Quote Post
StrawberryGirL
post Jun 15 2012, 02:20 PM

Casual

Do this everyday at home..
100% sure you will lost your weight and you also can reduce your tummy / burn calorie smile.gif
this is a part of zumba dance biggrin.gif
My Webpage
Body combat

This post has been edited by StrawberryGirL: Jun 15 2012, 02:26 PM
+Quote Post
Sarah Angelina
post Jun 15 2012, 03:40 PM

Casual

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 14 2012, 07:18 PM)
Ohh, how's True Fitness? My cousin told me they have free flow of 100 plus  drool.gif
Lousy admin and service, but others OK. Don't know got free 100plus, will check it later when I try go gym in the evening
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 15 2012, 05:00 PM

On my way

QUOTE(honkkydorry @ Jun 14 2012, 07:48 PM)

Protein shake wont help you lose weight. It depends on your calorie intake. Some say if you take protein shakes without doing any exercise, you'll get fat. I take protein shakes everyday after workout only and i'm still losing weight smile.gif

Added on June 15, 2012, 5:00 pm
QUOTE(StrawberryGirL @ Jun 15 2012, 02:20 PM)
Do this everyday at home..
100% sure you will lost your weight and you also can reduce your tummy / burn calorie smile.gif
this is a part of zumba dance biggrin.gif
My Webpage
Body combat
Losing weight, the fun way!

This post has been edited by gannicholas: Jun 15 2012, 05:00 PM
+Quote Post
xing87
post Jun 15 2012, 05:58 PM

Getting Started

Need some advise here. I'm 170cm 68kg.

My daily meal is:
Breakfast
Tuna with 2 slice wholemeal bread + low fat milk
or
2 half boiled egg with 2 slice wholemeal bread + low fat milk

Lunch
Small rice with veggie/potatoes, tofu, egg and chicken

Dinner
Small rice with veggie, egg, fish/chicken

I've been doing cardio on stationery bike for 6 times per week, each time 30-40 mins. After that will be on dumb bell for around 10-15 mins.

Do you guys think this is the correct way for me to reduce the bf% in my body?

Any advise is much appreciated

This post has been edited by xing87: Jun 15 2012, 06:16 PM
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 15 2012, 10:42 PM

On my way

QUOTE(xing87 @ Jun 15 2012, 05:58 PM)
Need some advise here. I'm 170cm 68kg.

My daily meal is:
Breakfast
Tuna with 2 slice wholemeal bread + low fat milk
or
2 half boiled egg with 2 slice wholemeal bread + low fat milk

Lunch
Small rice with veggie/potatoes, tofu, egg and chicken

Dinner
Small rice with veggie, egg, fish/chicken

I've been doing cardio on stationery bike for 6 times per week, each time 30-40 mins. After that will be on dumb bell for around 10-15 mins.

Do you guys think this is the correct way for me to reduce the bf% in my body?

Any advise is much appreciated
I would advice you to reduce on cardio and spend more time on weight training if you wanna look buff and ripped
Weight training also burns body fat, dont forget nod.gif
Try and reduce on carbs though
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 15 2012, 11:04 PM

On my way

My 13 weeks body transformation
Thought of sharing with you guys smile.gif
Attached Image
+Quote Post
honkkydorry
post Jun 16 2012, 12:15 PM

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 15 2012, 05:00 PM)
Protein shake wont help you lose weight. It depends on your calorie intake. Some say if you take protein shakes without doing any exercise, you'll get fat. I take protein shakes everyday after workout only and i'm still losing weight smile.gif
Well, ya I didn't think that just taking protein shakes alone will help to lose weight. My bro has this thinking though. He is now starting on protein shakes (with milk summore!) and only doing 30mins cardio once a week, which I told him isn't enuff. He is very stubborn and kept thinking that protein shakes will help him lose weight just because a friend advised him to do so. He is taking it as one meal replacement which I guess isn't that bad but still, I don't see how it will help him lose weight without doing more exercise along with drinking the shakes.
+Quote Post
alien9
post Jun 16 2012, 12:49 PM

These stars mean nothing

QUOTE(honkkydorry @ Jun 16 2012, 12:15 PM)
Well, ya I didn't think that just taking protein shakes alone will help to lose weight. My bro has this thinking though. He is now starting on protein shakes (with milk summore!) and only doing 30mins cardio once a week, which I told him isn't enuff.  He is very stubborn and kept thinking that protein shakes will help him lose weight just because a friend advised him to do so. He is taking it as one meal replacement which I guess isn't that bad but still, I don't see how it will help him lose weight without doing more exercise along with drinking the shakes.
If your brother use it as a meal replacement, he will lose the weight.
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 16 2012, 01:08 PM

On my way

QUOTE(alien9 @ Jun 16 2012, 12:49 PM)
If your brother use it as a meal replacement, he will lose the weight.
But wont he lose weight in an unhealthy way? Even the tub states "Dont use this as a meal replacement"
+Quote Post
alien9
post Jun 16 2012, 02:03 PM

These stars mean nothing

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 16 2012, 01:08 PM)
But wont he lose weight in an unhealthy way? Even the tub states "Dont use this as a meal replacement"
Yeah. That is true. You can lose weight if you take protein as a meal replacement, but it is not healthy and even the tubs say that it shouldn't be used as meal replacement but still your brother opted to listen to his friend. Tell him that he is wrong. If he want a meal replacement, ask him to buy real meal replacement product such as Herbalife etc2. Still, nothing beats the old dieting and exercising method
+Quote Post
coachfahmi
post Jun 16 2012, 07:42 PM

You should visit my blog:

www.coachfahmi.blogspot.com

I had the same problem as you before and now I lose 12 kg in 2 months.. Now only I can join the gym as no more knee pain.
+Quote Post
DT1
post Jun 16 2012, 10:01 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 16 2012, 01:08 PM)
Can't be any unhealthier than the usual Malaysian food, e.g. char koay teow or nasi lemak.

In fact, it is much healthier if compared to such foods. Added on with milk, that's even better.

The only lacking thing would be a significant source of vitamins and minerals, which the usual foodstuff as mentioned above don't provide anyway.
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 16 2012, 10:03 PM

On my way

QUOTE(DT1 @ Jun 16 2012, 10:01 PM)
Can't be any unhealthier than the usual Malaysian food, e.g. char koay teow or nasi lemak.

In fact, it is much healthier if compared to such foods. Added on with milk, that's even better.

The only lacking thing would be a significant source of vitamins and minerals, which the usual foodstuff as mentioned above don't provide anyway.
Malaysian food is really unhealthy indeed. Homecooked meal are the best.
+Quote Post
DT1
post Jun 16 2012, 10:07 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 16 2012, 10:03 PM)
Malaysian food is really unhealthy indeed. Homecooked meal are the best.
Actually it would be foolish to say food is unhealthy. In actual fact what's unhealthy is the selection process. For example, what's lacking in most diets are vegetables and legumes, very lacking. They are compensated with rice instead.
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 16 2012, 10:09 PM

On my way

QUOTE(DT1 @ Jun 16 2012, 10:07 PM)
Actually it would be foolish to say food is unhealthy. In actual fact what's unhealthy is the selection process. For example, what's lacking in most diets are vegetables and legumes, very lacking. They are compensated with rice instead.
Malaysian food nowadays i guess?
+Quote Post
DT1
post Jun 16 2012, 10:11 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 16 2012, 10:09 PM)
Malaysian food nowadays i guess?
Maybe so. Combine that with an increasingly sedentary lifestyle, and influx of refined foods.
+Quote Post
kenneth1314
post Jun 17 2012, 10:15 PM

Getting Started

I need help here. Since CNY, I have started my weight loss plan. Before that, my weight is 99 kg,173cm.

Now I am 90kg,173cm.

I sprint(run fast and rest continuously) 30 mins everyday for about 3.25km(65 lamp posts)

Didnt take breakfast(sleep til very late since i am final year student lol),

lunch eat rice,(meat,vege,egg)any of 2,

and dinner only take oat with 2-3big spoons of sugars(without sugar it is yucky lol)

Sometimes supper(not frequent,once in 2 weeks) with roti bawang/kosong with teh o ais kosong.

In addition, I do take dumbbell for biceps on arms for about 200 times per everyday.. Er, for fun,not to increase muscle mass, just because my brother got dumb bells XD

I every tues will go to uni clinic to measure weight, and consistently drop within 0.5-2kg.
I do understand that my max intake of calories is 2000 per day calculated from internet.

Now the problem is, when it reaches 90 or 89.5, it cant go further more, and remain same though add another activity:cycling for 3.25km every night around 11pm.

another problem occurs as I feel no energy when running,not because of tired or lack of oxygen, oni feel better if i eat more abit during lunch.

Anyone can help me?as my target is to reduce until 70-80kg. 10 more kg to go.

I am graduating,so maybe someone can suggest a better plan for me?

lets say everyday jog 30 mins, breakfast with 4 empty breads + nescafe, lunch rice(vege+egg+meat any 2), dinner(i cant choose for dinner,have to eat whatever mum cook==). what else i can do? plz help ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 18 2012, 12:59 AM

On my way

QUOTE(kenneth1314 @ Jun 17 2012, 10:15 PM)
I need help here. Since CNY, I have started my weight loss plan. Before that, my weight is 99 kg,173cm.

Now I am 90kg,173cm.

I sprint(run fast and rest continuously) 30 mins everyday for about 3.25km(65 lamp posts)

and dinner only take oat with 2-3big spoons of sugars(without sugar it is yucky lol)

Sometimes supper(not frequent,once in 2 weeks) with roti bawang/kosong with teh o ais kosong.

In addition, I do take dumbbell for biceps on arms for about 200 times per everyday.. Er, for fun,not to increase muscle mass, just because my brother got dumb bells XD

I every tues will go to uni clinic to measure weight, and consistently drop within 0.5-2kg.
I do understand that my max intake of calories is 2000 per day calculated from internet.

Now the problem is, when it reaches 90 or 89.5, it cant go further more, and remain same though add another activity:cycling for 3.25km every night around 11pm.

another problem occurs as I feel no energy when running,not because of tired or lack of oxygen, oni feel better if i eat more abit during lunch.

lets say everyday jog 30 mins, breakfast with 4 empty breads + nescafe, lunch rice(vege+egg+meat any 2), dinner(i cant choose for dinner,have to eat whatever mum cook==). what else i can do? plz help  ohmy.gif
What's up Kenneth!
Based on my diet plan with results :-
From what i've learned, breakfast is really important. In fact, i read this article which says that having eggs for breakfast helps you lost weight. Totally cut off rice for lunch. Rice plays alot of factor especially when it comes to losing weight. Where as for dinner, have a simple light dinner, prob a bowl of salad with chicken breast. Try your very best to reduce on sugar and salt. I know its hard but you dont have a choice. Sugar is really really bad. I only have one can of soda per month. Totally cut on supper, never have meals after 8pm. Really unhealthy dude especially roti bawang/kosong. Packed with unhealthy carbs. Teh O Ais kosong, packed with unhealthy diluted sugar. There's no point working out hard when you cant control your diet, like some of them say 'muscles are made in the kitchen the most'. Eventhough you go to clinic all the time, losing weight doesnt mean you lose body fat mass. Dont forget about water retention ( sweat ). This is my routine everyday :-

Bfast :- 2 Eggs. If too lazy to cook, a cup of raw rolled oats and milk
Lunch :- Oven baked chicken legs ( sometimes breast ) with vegetables. Sometimes i'll have Salmon
Dinner :- My family is busy, so i cater food. I'll stop eating when i'm not feeling hungry, feel slightly abit full

Gym :- 10 mins warmup on treadmill, incline 8 constant. Speed 4, then Speed 12, then back to Speed 4, Then back to speed 12. Change every 30 seconds. Yes, it's really tiring. Remember, finish when you're done, not when you're tired. Then i'll move on to weights. Weight training about 1-2 hours. Consistent weight training, meaning shorter rest time. Then i'll go for cycling classes ( one class burns approx 500 calories, i'll only cycle 3 times per week )

I did this for 3 months. My results :- 88.8kgs --> 76.4kgs in 3 months
I'm pretty sure you'll do better if you totally cut off on sugar and salt. I'm not disciplined enough, i have ice cream and hamburgers sometimes tongue.gif All the best thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
kenneth1314
post Jun 18 2012, 01:38 AM

Getting Started

hi gannicholas ,your outcome is effective within 3 months! just a few questions below which i hope you can answer if you don't mind:
1) totally cut off of rice -> without rice,don't you feel no energy when running?i sometimes even take livita or redbull to burst energy before running
2)weight training for about 2-3 hours. wow tats tiring ><may i know your total spent of time in exercising per day is?
3) lets say I plan to have 1 hour of exercise everyday, can i purely just jog(or sprint)? cuz infront of my house there is a jog lane, quite convenient to do so. is it ok if i don do weight training? I prefer to look skinny rather than muscular because I have a quite wide bone structure =(
4) eat dinner before or after workout?

Thanks!
+Quote Post
DT1
post Jun 18 2012, 02:22 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(kenneth1314 @ Jun 18 2012, 01:38 AM)
1) totally cut off of rice -> without rice,don't you feel no energy when running?i sometimes even take livita or redbull to burst energy before running
Well you'd just have to run harder to burn off that rice or energy drink which had no health benefits. What's the point of taking it then.
+Quote Post
alien9
post Jun 18 2012, 03:23 AM

These stars mean nothing

QUOTE(kenneth1314 @ Jun 17 2012, 10:15 PM)

Now I am 90kg,173cm.

lets say everyday jog 30 mins, breakfast with 4 empty breads + nescafe, lunch rice(vege+egg+meat any 2), dinner(i cant choose for dinner,have to eat whatever mum cook==). what else i can do? plz help  ohmy.gif
The exercise that you do is called aerobic exercise. Sure it is good to burn the fat but the problem with aerobic exercise is that, it also burn your muscle and that is the hard truth. You know that you have a 2000kcal of calorie you need to eat a day but with that 9 kg of weight that you lose, it might be 50% fat and 50% muscle, 70% fat and 30% muscle or any other value. When you lose your muscle, your BMR will drop a lot. When your BMR drop, your calorie maintenance will drop thus you have lower calorie to eat daily (From 2000kcal maybe drop to 1800kcal). Unless you alter your diet according to your new calorie intake, you will not lose weight.

About your tiredness, that is the sign of lack of energy. Eat high GI carbs before exercising for your energy.
+Quote Post
kenneth1314
post Jun 18 2012, 11:50 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(alien9 @ Jun 18 2012, 03:23 AM)
The exercise that you do is called aerobic exercise. Sure it is good to burn the fat but the problem with aerobic exercise is that, it also burn your muscle and that is the hard truth. You know that you have a 2000kcal of calorie you need to eat a day but with that 9 kg of weight that you lose, it might be 50% fat and 50% muscle, 70% fat and 30% muscle or any other value. When you lose your muscle, your BMR will drop a lot. When your BMR drop, your calorie maintenance will drop thus you have lower calorie to eat daily (From 2000kcal maybe drop to 1800kcal). Unless you alter your diet according to your new calorie intake, you will not lose weight.

About your tiredness, that is the sign of lack of energy. Eat high GI carbs before exercising for your energy.
How come?Any exercise will indirectly train certain part of our muscles, isnt? for instance, jogging would train our leg's muscle. I don't understand why I will lose my muscle if I purely exercise rather than going to gym for dumbbells.. But you might be right that my BMR drops. As everyday i use 2000kcal as my guideline, suppose 1 day net reduce 1100kcal will lead to 1kg lost per weak (7700kcal consumption = 1 kg weight loss), now it is no longer working in this way. only explanation is my BMR drops cry.gif

wiki states that high glucose or GI food will lead to obesity, is it appropriate to consume before exercising?

Normally we eat dinner before or after exercise?I mean the final meal of the day. hmm.gif
+Quote Post
kurtkob78
post Jun 18 2012, 12:13 PM

Do your best

at this time, you should take only really healthy food. not the bad sugar and all. why not replace the 2 tablespoon sugar with banana. the roti canai with wholegrain bread + no sugar peanut butter.

Take omega-3, and a little almond for snack. Take green vegetable like salad.
+Quote Post
gannicholas
post Jun 18 2012, 12:48 PM

On my way

QUOTE(kenneth1314 @ Jun 18 2012, 01:38 AM)
hi gannicholas ,your outcome is effective within 3 months! just a few questions below which i hope you can answer if you don't mind:
2)weight training for about 2-3 hours. wow tats tiring ><may i know your total spent of time in exercising per day is?
3) lets say I plan to have 1 hour of exercise everyday, can i purely just jog(or sprint)? cuz infront of my house there is a jog lane, quite convenient to do so. is it ok if i don do weight training? I prefer to look skinny rather than muscular because I have a quite wide bone structure =(
4) eat dinner before or after workout?

Thanks!
Hi kenneth smile.gif
1. Never take livita or redbull. Extremely high in sugar. I used to bring along a bottle of 100 plus when i workout, nowadays i stop due to the amount of sugar content in it. I get carbs from oats. I usually feel energized before i workout because i'll always take a 30 minutes short nap before i head to the gym. After my 10 minutes warmup on cardio, i'll do one set of pushup to pump in some blood into my head. I'll feel more energized.

2. Weight training 1-2 hours, sorry. Hmm. i'll usually workout 27 out of 31 days. Let's just say i workout everyday in a random week. I'll spend at least 3 hours in the gym, 3 times per week. The rest 2 hours. Remember, it doesnt matter how long you spend time in the gym. It all matters on how much effort you put on working out.

3. If you prefer to look skinny than muscular, why not? smile.gif Swimming helps too in case if you're bored of jogging.

4. That i dont know, i have not done any research on that. I usually eat after workout cause i cant go to the gym that late at night sweat.gif
+Quote Post
kenneth1314
post Jun 18 2012, 12:58 PM

Getting Started

haha.. true also. I will eliminate sugars from now onwards..ya better don take livita, the drinks is more sugary than u expected..very concerntrated especially the honey 1..but why salt also has to be reduced?salt can be eliminated by sweating out right?

i will giv a try for a month and see how's the result..hmmm
+Quote Post
alien9
post Jun 18 2012, 12:59 PM

These stars mean nothing

QUOTE(kenneth1314 @ Jun 18 2012, 11:50 AM)
How come?Any exercise will indirectly train certain part of our muscles, isnt? for instance, jogging would train our leg's muscle. I don't understand why I will lose my muscle if I purely exercise rather than going to gym for dumbbells.. But you might be right that my BMR drops. As everyday i use 2000kcal as my guideline, suppose 1 day net reduce 1100kcal will lead to 1kg lost per weak (7700kcal consumption = 1 kg weight loss), now it is no longer working in this way. only explanation is my BMR drops  cry.gif

wiki states that high glucose or GI food will lead to obesity, is it appropriate to consume before exercising?

Normally we eat dinner before or after exercise?I mean the final meal of the day.  hmm.gif
1. Yes, all exercise train your intended body part but I've read somewhere in bodybuilding.com section about this thing. Tried to search it, maybe I'll post it here if I found it. But the thing is, have you seen a long distance runner? How is their physique? And compared to sprinters, they have good muscular physique because they incorporate weight training into their routine.
2. If you lose fat, you must alter your BMR as fat also contribute to BMR value although not as much as muscle. But then, since you are not doing any specific exercise that increase your muscle mass, you might lose your muscle thus lowering down your BMR value. Even when people who in cutting phase continue with their weight training. Why? It is because to minimize he amount of muscle loss during cutting process.
3. Disregard my advice about GI but you still need to consume carbs before doing exercises. Most people who opted for weight training consume carbs meal 1 hour prior to exercise. I don't because I train fasted.

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 18 2012, 12:48 PM)
Hi kenneth smile.gif
1. Never take livita or redbull. Extremely high in sugar. I used to bring along a bottle of 100 plus when i workout, nowadays i stop due to the amount of sugar content in it. I get carbs from oats. I usually feel energized before i workout because i'll always take a 30 minutes short nap before i head to the gym. After my 10 minutes warmup on cardio, i'll do one set of pushup to pump in some blood into my head. I'll feel more energized.

2. Weight training 1-2 hours, sorry. Hmm. i'll usually workout 27 out of 31 days. Let's just say i workout everyday in a random week. I'll spend at least 3 hours in the gym, 3 times per week. The rest 2 hours. Remember, it doesnt matter how long you spend time in the gym. It all matters on how much effort you put on working out.

3. If you prefer to look skinny than muscular, why not?