Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Weight Loss Thread v3, Ask your weight loss questions here.

views

Sky.Live
post May 3 2012, 05:08 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(zeropulse @ Apr 29 2012, 09:57 PM)
I decided to challenge myself. I was overweight, kinda plump. Over 12 weeks, I followed this plan (http://www.primermagazine.com/2009/train/a-new-year-a-new-body-the-complete-12-week-body-transformation-program), which did wonders for me. I lost 8KG in 2 months, gain muscle that I never though I have. However, just want to ask, the fat around the belly seems like won't go away. Any tips and tricks to burn the fat around the belly area?

At the moment I run, do body weight circuits as I have no access to gym now.
Why do only 12w? do it for life. otherwise you gonna regain what you lost, maybe with extra bonus gain too.
no spot reduction, fat are useful for your body, it's normal that your body would want to keep them.
unless you are having specific goal like joining Body Building Competition or Dare by a friend to have 6 packs, I don't see any idea why you should hurry it. Keep your life style right, you will be happier man.

QUOTE(leah.semilla1 @ May 3 2012, 02:39 PM)
struggle no more! try to feed your appetite and feel happy every time you eat, because you know what? studies shows that every time you feel guilty after eating it can lead to stress and during stress our body normally release the stress hormone(cortisol). Too much cortisol can slow your metabolism, causing more weight gain than you would normally experience.  icon_idea.gif
I never felt guilty eating.. is that a problem? My weight can fluctuate a lot, I weight 94 last 2 week, 98 last week, 96 this week.
Sky.Live
post May 7 2012, 02:16 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(entryman @ May 7 2012, 12:56 PM)
Aminophylline Creams seem promising for spot reductions.

Tim Ferriss:"Based on my experience, using a 2% aminophylline cream for two and a half weeks, applied twice daily, accelerates thigh fat-loss more than 10 times compared to a control."
can i make my body full of holes by applying spot reduction cream on very specific hole here and there?

then I will have a tummy which looks like moon surface
Sky.Live
post May 7 2012, 05:58 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(entryman @ May 7 2012, 02:23 PM)
Probably. Try it out and give us a report, haha. But do keep proper records, for future evaluation.
Well if spot reduction works that well it shud be possible right? and I can customise the contour, the size based on dosage I apply too..
Sky.Live
post Jun 26 2012, 02:23 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(yarusaru @ Jun 20 2012, 11:00 PM)
i had gained 15kilo! how is easiest way to burn all that ? sad.gif
It's hard to gain 15 kilo too, expect hard way to burn them off.
pay for what you did =)

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 25 2012, 12:21 PM)
Ahaha ok what 45 minutes is not bad! What speed? Nowadays i start with incline 0, speed 12 for the first 2 mintues, then speed 14 for the next 2 minutes then speed 20 till failure. Girls looking, thats the best thing ever mann
wow... are you sure for that? 12km/h warm up?? our best runner in LYN runners also cannot warm up with that kind of speed. summore 20 km/h?? you can challenge those Kenya in local marathon events already..

That is like 3 min / km pace, you will finish your 10k race in 30 minutes,

plus your first 2 minute in 12 km/h, 2 minutes in 14 km/h, you total expected finishing time for 10k = 31:24

http://track.rtrt.me/?appid=4fd179f2546798...-10&l=FINISH-10

Fastest Malaysian 10k runner is only 35:24 for distance of 10.6km.
your expected finishing time = 33:12,

bravo a new malaysian running star is born!
Sky.Live
post Jun 26 2012, 03:48 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 26 2012, 03:23 PM)
Harharhar you are so funny  icon_rolleyes.gif  Misunderstanding i assume from you. Not constant la. first 2 minutes 12km/h, then 2nd - 4th minute 14km/h then 20km/h like what, 30-60 seconds? =____= Think i run for more than 30 minutes straight at that speed ah? Die la like that  icon_question.gif

Added on June 26, 2012, 3:24 pm
thanks bro. I weigh every morning and night. Ahahahaha! Stuck at 76.4 for 2 weeks already, sadly  cry.gif
5 minutes treadmill workput? haha tht's interesting.. usually i start from walking, 5 ~6k, then proceed on to 8~9, stay around 10, then final push around 12, before gradually slowing down back to cool down..
Sky.Live
post Jun 29 2012, 05:50 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

been nursing injuries at home for a week =(
leg itchy to run again.. but better know else it will add salt to wound..

Sky.Live
post Jul 4 2012, 12:07 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(alien9 @ Jul 4 2012, 11:56 AM)
Weight doesn't matter much but physical appearance does. You won't putting a sign telling other people how much is your weight just like Herba**** consumers do right? Hahaha.

My current weight is at 92.6kg and I want to reach 80kg before September. That would be 13kg of fat (not muscle) in two months time.  sweat.gif Maybe the time period is too short but drastic measure must be done  biggrin.gif
weight matters.. putting strain on your joint when you do everything..
Everyone say I looks lighter than I am, in fact i din loose much weight.. i want to be lighter!!
Sky.Live
post Aug 10 2012, 05:33 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

Been staying at 95kg for 3months, decide to cut 1 ~ 2kg now.
Seems to fluctuate around -1 ~ 1.5kg only now for this 2 weeks

Basically..
Eat not controlled,

Swim/jog/hiking almost everyday except 1 or 2 rest day...

Simple enough, my next cutting would require me to go on diet now.. sigh..
Sky.Live
post Aug 12 2012, 08:18 AM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Aug 10 2012, 10:19 PM)
I better post this before some retard cardio bunnies take offense and start crying to me about how they lost sooooo much bodyfat with cardio.

DISCLAIMER: I dont mind if cardio is used for CARDIOVASCULAR health but if used as a primary tool for fat loss, next to useless and time consuming. It brings about diminishing returns.
I do understand that, but I am actually training for those event that I mentioned... when there's is so many cardio, there's no way I can slit in any weight training for that.

I am not really targeting fat loss, just hope to cut down on weight..
Sky.Live
post Aug 12 2012, 12:38 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(leaF @ Aug 12 2012, 11:15 AM)
get a better shape of body and cut fat is more important than cut down on weight. Some people can weight 90kg but look fit and firm while maintain low body fat % . If u plan to look skinny then different story la  biggrin.gif
well to run faster u need to be light, muscular aint going to help.. and you need to run more
same as for swimming.

I need to cut on a lot of weight, realise yesterday when I do rock climbing, my friend can barely belay me..
Sky.Live
post Aug 17 2012, 02:37 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Aug 17 2012, 11:09 AM)
Mostly my friends aren't into cycling nor hiking except they are into shopping  sweat.gif
Well, body is in good shape, but want it even better  blush.gif

anyway, did something very lame just now, because I ran with 2 4kg dumbbell for about 3km only  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
It's like killing me >"< 
but feel good XD
wow.. 4kg x 2 - tht's a lot @@

you can expand your network, find ppl who do like physical activity, most importantly you enjoy the activity, no point if I tell you rock climbing is good then you hate every moment of it.
Sky.Live
post Aug 21 2012, 11:58 AM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Aug 17 2012, 04:25 PM)
Yea, I think too heavy, couldn't even run a normal 5 - 7km at all and I was already exhausted  sweat.gif
Will take it as a challenge to run with the 4kg X 2 for 5 km tongue.gif

Urm, I'm lousy at expanding my network, don't have much friends around, as sometimes I can't understand some people with their mouth say yes, heart says no attitude  sweat.gif
I'm certainly enjoying all kind of sports, be it rock climbing or swimming or running  wub.gif
LYN runners is a good place to start if you like running.
they are friendly and you will learn a lot from them, i started running with them too.

Sky.Live
post Aug 22 2012, 06:54 PM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

QUOTE(TechnoG @ Aug 21 2012, 01:03 PM)
the weight gained is prolly due to the muscles..but actually there is alot of variables that affect your weight on the scale, the amount of water in your body etc. tomorrow morning after you wake up, just jump on the scale and that'll be more or less your real weight. Do it the following week straight after you wake up and see if there is any difference or not.

Dont weigh yourself different times in a day.
You will weight very differently throughout the day, my plus minus is around 1kg. After exercise you would loose weight from sweating, after bladder too. When you eat you gain. Just take the plus minus a range of weight you are into.

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Aug 22 2012, 09:34 AM)
I thought that's for those who join all the running event in Malaysia.
Cool, will check it out, thanks!  biggrin.gif
We joined almost all the races in Malaysia haha.. but there's also night training at Desa Park City, Weekend at Bukit Aman or Kinrara area.

Be it newbies or seasoned runner we can cater too =)
haha advertising here
Sky.Live
post Jan 23 2013, 04:35 AM

Proctected Species
4,383 posts

I lost 14kg last year, kinda consistently..

upper body seems a lot leaner now (not muscular tho), but my butt and thighs still looks like a big dustbin @@.

hopefully this year able to loose half of what i achieve last year..

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0458sec    0.13    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:55 AM