Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Weight Loss Thread v3, Ask your weight loss questions here.

views

alien9
post Jun 7 2012, 12:54 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 7 2012, 12:20 PM)
The other day I went to the beauty center for Gua Sha and facial, they told me that my body is having a lot of water, saying I have water retention problem. After that I did some reading on net too, so unknown now.

Even getting smaller size but a lot of flabs still sad.gif
Well, water is 70% of what inside our body. Most slimming centre gave a good result on their therapy for the first few sessions because of they managed to rid the water weight, but not the fat. When it comes to fat, their therapy ain't working effectively thus seeing the slow result; and will make you come again and buy more sessions.
alien9
post Jun 9 2012, 09:19 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(coachfahmi @ Jun 9 2012, 09:11 PM)
Bro,

If you need to lose weight, I did it successful in gaining 2-3 kilo a week without changing any way of eating habit.. visit my blog :

http://www.coachfahmi.blogspot.com

Email me, and I will share with you the programme.. no obligation.. it work's everytime

Added on June 9, 2012, 9:13 pm

Bro,

If you need to lose weight, I did it successful in gaining 2-3 kilo a week without changing any way of eating habit.you are right, you need to tea as antioxidant and also help to flush out toxin.... visit my blog :

http://www.coachfahmi.blogspot.com.

Email me, and I will share with you the programme.. no obligation..

Yeah, why don't you just said you are promoting Herbalife? BTW, sales advertisement is not allowed in this section.
alien9
post Jun 9 2012, 09:21 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(redzaril @ Jun 8 2012, 10:40 AM)
Hi there.
Sorry to hijack this thread but I don't wanna create  a thread just to ask one question.. Besides, this thread is the closest in relation to what I want to ask  sweat.gif

I have lost 4 kg after doing some serious cardio workout and jogging for the last 4-5 months now my weight is at 70kg. (my stats now: 170cm, 70kg, 32inch waist).

I ve just joined a gym recently to build some muscle  flex.gif  and I've purchased a whey protein (Nitrotech Hardcore Pro series) The suggested consumption is 2 serving 3 times daily for atleast six weeks.

My question is, since I just started joining gym, and only using the machine (not even venturing to he free weight area YET accept a pair of 10 kg dumbells), and I go there on alternate days (plus weekend off).
Should I consume the formula using the suggested consumption or do I have to modify it?

You see I am very afraid if I drink em everyday, I would gain weight again and that would be disheartening for me cry.gif

If I do have to modify it.. Can someone give me some advice regarding this? Thank you guys  notworthy.gif
If you know how much protein you should consume daily and how much calorie you need to increase your muscle mass, you will know how many serving of whey you need to consume daily.
alien9
post Jun 9 2012, 09:22 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(redzaril @ Jun 8 2012, 10:40 AM)
Hi there.
Sorry to hijack this thread but I don't wanna create  a thread just to ask one question.. Besides, this thread is the closest in relation to what I want to ask  sweat.gif

I have lost 4 kg after doing some serious cardio workout and jogging for the last 4-5 months now my weight is at 70kg. (my stats now: 170cm, 70kg, 32inch waist).

I ve just joined a gym recently to build some muscle  flex.gif  and I've purchased a whey protein (Nitrotech Hardcore Pro series) The suggested consumption is 2 serving 3 times daily for atleast six weeks.

My question is, since I just started joining gym, and only using the machine (not even venturing to he free weight area YET accept a pair of 10 kg dumbells), and I go there on alternate days (plus weekend off).
Should I consume the formula using the suggested consumption or do I have to modify it?

You see I am very afraid if I drink em everyday, I would gain weight again and that would be disheartening for me cry.gif

If I do have to modify it.. Can someone give me some advice regarding this? Thank you guys  notworthy.gif
If you know how much protein you should consume daily and how much calorie you need to increase your muscle mass, you will know how many serving of whey you need to consume daily.
alien9
post Jun 16 2012, 12:49 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(honkkydorry @ Jun 16 2012, 12:15 PM)
Well, ya I didn't think that just taking protein shakes alone will help to lose weight. My bro has this thinking though. He is now starting on protein shakes (with milk summore!) and only doing 30mins cardio once a week, which I told him isn't enuff.  He is very stubborn and kept thinking that protein shakes will help him lose weight just because a friend advised him to do so. He is taking it as one meal replacement which I guess isn't that bad but still, I don't see how it will help him lose weight without doing more exercise along with drinking the shakes.
If your brother use it as a meal replacement, he will lose the weight.
alien9
post Jun 16 2012, 02:03 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 16 2012, 01:08 PM)
But wont he lose weight in an unhealthy way? Even the tub states "Dont use this as a meal replacement"
Yeah. That is true. You can lose weight if you take protein as a meal replacement, but it is not healthy and even the tubs say that it shouldn't be used as meal replacement but still your brother opted to listen to his friend. Tell him that he is wrong. If he want a meal replacement, ask him to buy real meal replacement product such as Herbalife etc2. Still, nothing beats the old dieting and exercising method
alien9
post Jun 18 2012, 03:23 AM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(kenneth1314 @ Jun 17 2012, 10:15 PM)
I need help here. Since CNY, I have started my weight loss plan. Before that, my weight is 99 kg,173cm.

Now I am 90kg,173cm.

I sprint(run fast and rest continuously) 30 mins everyday for about 3.25km(65 lamp posts)

Didnt take breakfast(sleep til very late since i am final year student lol),

lunch eat rice,(meat,vege,egg)any of 2,

and dinner only take oat with 2-3big spoons of sugars(without sugar it is yucky lol)

Sometimes supper(not frequent,once in 2 weeks) with roti bawang/kosong with teh o ais kosong.

In addition, I do take dumbbell for biceps on arms for about 200 times per everyday.. Er, for fun,not to increase muscle mass, just because my brother got dumb bells XD

I every tues will go to uni clinic to measure weight, and consistently drop within 0.5-2kg.
I do understand that my max intake of calories is 2000 per day calculated from internet.

Now the problem is, when it reaches 90 or 89.5, it cant go further more, and remain same though add another activity:cycling for 3.25km every night around 11pm.

another problem occurs as I feel no energy when running,not because of tired or lack of oxygen, oni feel better if i eat more abit during lunch.

Anyone can help me?as my target is to reduce until 70-80kg. 10 more kg to go.

I am graduating,so maybe someone can suggest a better plan for me?

lets say everyday jog 30 mins, breakfast with 4 empty breads + nescafe, lunch rice(vege+egg+meat any 2), dinner(i cant choose for dinner,have to eat whatever mum cook==). what else i can do? plz help  ohmy.gif
The exercise that you do is called aerobic exercise. Sure it is good to burn the fat but the problem with aerobic exercise is that, it also burn your muscle and that is the hard truth. You know that you have a 2000kcal of calorie you need to eat a day but with that 9 kg of weight that you lose, it might be 50% fat and 50% muscle, 70% fat and 30% muscle or any other value. When you lose your muscle, your BMR will drop a lot. When your BMR drop, your calorie maintenance will drop thus you have lower calorie to eat daily (From 2000kcal maybe drop to 1800kcal). Unless you alter your diet according to your new calorie intake, you will not lose weight.

About your tiredness, that is the sign of lack of energy. Eat high GI carbs before exercising for your energy.
alien9
post Jun 18 2012, 12:59 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(kenneth1314 @ Jun 18 2012, 11:50 AM)
How come?Any exercise will indirectly train certain part of our muscles, isnt? for instance, jogging would train our leg's muscle. I don't understand why I will lose my muscle if I purely exercise rather than going to gym for dumbbells.. But you might be right that my BMR drops. As everyday i use 2000kcal as my guideline, suppose 1 day net reduce 1100kcal will lead to 1kg lost per weak (7700kcal consumption = 1 kg weight loss), now it is no longer working in this way. only explanation is my BMR drops  cry.gif

wiki states that high glucose or GI food will lead to obesity, is it appropriate to consume before exercising?

Normally we eat dinner before or after exercise?I mean the final meal of the day.  hmm.gif
1. Yes, all exercise train your intended body part but I've read somewhere in bodybuilding.com section about this thing. Tried to search it, maybe I'll post it here if I found it. But the thing is, have you seen a long distance runner? How is their physique? And compared to sprinters, they have good muscular physique because they incorporate weight training into their routine.
2. If you lose fat, you must alter your BMR as fat also contribute to BMR value although not as much as muscle. But then, since you are not doing any specific exercise that increase your muscle mass, you might lose your muscle thus lowering down your BMR value. Even when people who in cutting phase continue with their weight training. Why? It is because to minimize he amount of muscle loss during cutting process.
3. Disregard my advice about GI but you still need to consume carbs before doing exercises. Most people who opted for weight training consume carbs meal 1 hour prior to exercise. I don't because I train fasted.

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 18 2012, 12:48 PM)
Hi kenneth smile.gif
1. Never take livita or redbull. Extremely high in sugar. I used to bring along a bottle of 100 plus when i workout, nowadays i stop due to the amount of sugar content in it. I get carbs from oats. I usually feel energized before i workout because i'll always take a 30 minutes short nap before i head to the gym. After my 10 minutes warmup on cardio, i'll do one set of pushup to pump in some blood into my head. I'll feel more energized.

2. Weight training 1-2 hours, sorry. Hmm. i'll usually workout 27 out of 31 days. Let's just say i workout everyday in a random week. I'll spend at least 3 hours in the gym, 3 times per week. The rest 2 hours. Remember, it doesnt matter how long you spend time in the gym. It all matters on how much effort you put on working out.

3. If you prefer to look skinny than muscular, why not? smile.gif Swimming helps too in case if you're bored of jogging.

4. That i dont know, i have not done any research on that. I usually eat after workout cause i cant go to the gym that late at night  sweat.gif
3 hours per session in the gym or total of 3 hours?
alien9
post Jun 18 2012, 01:23 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(kenneth1314 @ Jun 18 2012, 01:11 PM)
sounds confusing. lets summarize out a general way for overweight people like me.
1) no extra sugar, no can drinks, no junk food
2) exercise daily(sprinting or jogging) after work for about 30 mins to 1 hour,another 1 hour of workout in muscle pumping. then only dinner.
3) dinner eat plain oat, lunch normal with less rice and lots of vege, breakfast eat plain breads(4pcs) or 1 egg & 2 plain breads
4) no supper after 8pm.

Is that ok? icon_idea.gif anything i miss out?if not i will start from tomorrow onwards icon_rolleyes.gif
1. Very true.
2. I would advice you to do weight training first then cardio exercise. You need a lot of energy for weight training, whatever energy left is used for cardio.
3. It totally depends on your calorie intake. I would suggest you to avoid the carb but eat slow digesting protein prior to sleep. This will give your body a steady amount of protein in order to repair your muscle (if you do weight training).
4. If you sleep at 10 pm, do no 3 at 10 pm. But it totally depends on your calorie intake and how you portion them throughout the day. Let say, breakfast 20%. lunch 35%, dinner 30% and supper is 15% of calorie intake.
5. The best way to lose fat would be weight training. Why? Weight training if done right would lead to increase of muscle mass thus increasing your BMR thus increasing your calorie maintenance. High calorie maintenance would able you to eat lots of food without worrying about increase in fat (unless you created a calorie surplus).

This post has been edited by alien9: Jun 18 2012, 01:23 PM
alien9
post Jun 19 2012, 04:46 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 19 2012, 02:48 PM)
That is what i always do. Lose weights on weekdays, gain weight on weekends  rclxm9.gif
It's better for you to just consume your favourite food / having a cheat meal as long as you are within calorie maintenance. You don't have to follow your calorie deficit requirement but having created a good amount of calorie deficit for 5 days and be ruined by a two days cheat meal is not worthwhile. But, if it keeps you motivated, why not?

For me, I have a 6 days clean healthy food within my cutting macro and one day of a bit of a cheat meal. Maybe a serving of McD, or a TGV popcorn and that is good enough for me.
alien9
post Jun 19 2012, 09:34 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 19 2012, 09:22 PM)
This question i wanted to ask. Any specific calculation guys? Prob something to do with heigh x 100 divided by weight bla bla bla  hmm.gif
Male: BMR = (height in centimeters x 6.25) + (weight in kilograms x 9.99) - (age x 4.92) + 5.
Female: BMR = (height in centimeters x 6.25) + (weight in kilograms x 9.99) - (age x 4.92) - 161.

But the more accurate calculations is if you have the body fat equation.
alien9
post Jun 21 2012, 07:24 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(8starfitness @ Jun 21 2012, 06:12 PM)
My advise to you is to change your diet to clean diet and workout/exercise consistently. If you're seeing progress, but slow. I recommend you to look into Cellucor D4 Thermal Shock as it's the one and only User Friendly Fat Destroyer that appears in INC 500 USA.  smile.gif
What does it mean by user friendly?
alien9
post Jun 21 2012, 10:31 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 21 2012, 08:25 PM)
That is why i only take one protein shake per day  icon_question.gif
Hurm, not sure if it is sarcastic or just plain dumb hmm.gif
alien9
post Jun 21 2012, 10:51 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 21 2012, 10:41 PM)
Nah man i'm not aiming to get huge  smile.gif
It is not the amount of protein shakes' serving that make you grow but whether you managed to hit your daily protein requirement. If let say I have a 200g protein intake daily and only managed to consume 150lbs through whole food, I need to acquire another 50g from another source which would be from whey protein shakes. A serving of whey gives average of 25g protein thus I need to consume 2 servings to meet the total protein requirement.

If you fail to do so, you might see some gain but not optimality.

Added on June 21, 2012, 10:53 pm
QUOTE(futuredarthvader @ Jun 21 2012, 03:39 PM)
Thanks DT1 & kurtkob78, what protein supplements should I get? Brand? not sure in the long run is it healthy? i heard too much protein/calcium causes kidney stones etc.
It is just a myth. But it will happened to a person who suffered a kidney disease. If you don't have any, then there shouldn't be any problem.

This post has been edited by alien9: Jun 21 2012, 10:53 PM
alien9
post Jun 25 2012, 01:15 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(futuredarthvader @ Jun 25 2012, 08:38 AM)
first week of training - 850gm lost, mostly water haha. Did 10km set jogs on treadmill for 3 days, the rest are cardio and swimming.
10km jogs + cardio + swimming but only 850g weight loss? How is your diet?
alien9
post Jun 25 2012, 01:26 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(futuredarthvader @ Jun 25 2012, 01:21 PM)
My diet is quiet bad, as I have to entertain clients and attend two wedding dinners last week and this week. The horror, not the mention the temptations tongue.gif I'm cutting down on carbs this week and increase greenery intake. Tuna and wholemeal bread advisable?
It is good that you notice that it is bad. I guess you can alter your diet to become more healthy but still you need to entertain clients right so... You still can eat but keep it to minimum. Hate to see that all the weeks of exercising go down to the toilet just like that right?
alien9
post Jun 25 2012, 10:42 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(TechnoG @ Jun 25 2012, 05:07 PM)
yay, I'm showing good progress. I just got on the scale, and I'm 82kg. I'm pretty sure it's not my body losing water cos I drank like 4 cups of water before getting on the scale. tongue.gif gonna shed like 4 more kgs before I start bulking up. Was 90kg 2 months ago btw. smile.gif

p/s: I would like to thank everyone here especially alien9 for the advice. Not doing anymore cardio, just weight training only.
That is good man. Congratulation on your progress. Now it is my turn to use all my advices to start back my fat loss journey. Been exactly one month from not doing any exercise and controlling diet due to lots of projects needed to be done. thumbup.gif
alien9
post Jun 26 2012, 09:06 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 26 2012, 08:29 PM)
hmm...Any guide on weight training? Nowadays I'm only doing cardio in gym, after that will be rushing off to work, wonder if without PT what can I do with the gym >"<
You can always self train like what I've done when I am starting to weightlifting until now.
Here is a link for you to read: http://www.stronglifts.com
A good compound routine exercise great for beginner.

QUOTE(achik1990 @ Jun 26 2012, 08:42 PM)
guys...can anyone give me an certain exercise that help me lose some weight ..
im 63kg now and planning on losing 3kg ..no rush ..
do i have to do aerobics all the way?
You can always opted for aerobic exercises but if you want something different, try the link above. It is called stonglifts 5x5
alien9
post Jun 28 2012, 02:28 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 28 2012, 02:23 PM)
[attachmentid=2917840]
Prepared this for lunch  icon_idea.gif
How's everyone doing?
Aww man, that's gooding drool.gif Although you should post at the food post w/o, pre w/o thread. Haha
alien9
post Jun 28 2012, 03:15 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(madmoz @ Jun 28 2012, 03:07 PM)
Hiya.

92kgs 165cm 35 years old. FAT. Borderline HBP sad.gif
was almost a 100kgs a a couple of months ago b4 i started dieting/exercising.

2 normal meals a day - breakfast (oats) and lunch (rice + veg + a bit of meat) and homemade celery + apple juice for dinner - acceptable or not?

My place has a fully equiped gym. No trainers though. Am currently doing 30 minutes of cardio workout on the threadmill every other day (a total distance of 2.5 - 3kms) plus some basic weight training (sigh, 12 x 2 rotations of bench pressing and 12 x 2 dumbell lifts, puny me can only do 10 pounds sigh x 100).

Am I on the right track or do i need to gym everyday? Am usually knackered after every session so am worried I will be overdoing it.

Thanks.
On the weight loss process, you are on the right track. Congratulations on that rclxms.gif
On you exercise routine, except for the cardio, you are almost derail the train. Haha. Nevermind, everyone make mistakes.

If you want to lose the weight, you can continue to do cardio exercises such as jogging, swimming, bicycling etc2. But, the best way to lose weight is to do weightlifting. If you want to have the ability to eat your favourite food without worrying about getting fat easily or you just want a small yet muscular body, you have to do weightlifting.

You can always start with reading the pinned thread here to get to know some basics on how to weightlifting.

12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0496sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:04 AM