Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Weight Loss Thread v3, Ask your weight loss questions here.

views

TechnoG
post May 28 2012, 07:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

hi.

first of all, I'm 186cm/86kg. I have a huge tummy and manboobs. laugh.gif so my mid term break just started, and I'm determined to cut down my fats as well as my weight. I'm doing cardio exercises right now, jogging in my neighbourhood for around 20min.

my meals,
breakfast: usually a cup of milo or low fat yoghurt.
lunch: small portion of spaghetti or fried noodles.
dinner: veg, fruits and meat.
I've managed to control my food portion to almost 1/2 of what I'm eating since the start of this month.
any comments? smile.gif

I'm really serious about loosing my fats and weight. Should I start joining those ghetto gyms around my area? hmm.gif weightliftings do help with burning fats too right?
TechnoG
post May 29 2012, 08:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(Green_lemontea @ May 28 2012, 09:57 PM)
I';ve managed to lost 20kgs in half a year with proper exercise and food intake control.
Trust me, your diet will work but it will not build any lean muscles though.
We aim to build lean muscles so you will look fit, and burn fats even when you sleep.

Your breakfast, is  not nutrition enough. Get some good carbs when you wake up in the morning, like smoothie, but good thing though, you nailed yoghurt.  rclxms.gif
Lunch should be very very healthy, filled up with protein and fiber, and eat a whole lot of it! e.g: Salad, fruits and vegetables, or small mixed rice with toufu, eggs...etc. Fried food is always your enemy when you are trying to gain lean muscles and lost weight.
Dinner is nice, lots of fruits and veges. But do rmb meat, must make sure they are not fried or whatever. Boiled or Steamed or grilled are fine.
smile.gif

Erm, joining gym to me is not that important though, you can do planking or sit up or push up in your own room.
But you should RUN, do cardio and strength training together + watch your diet = very fit body.
Weightlifting will burn fat too, but not as much as how cardio can take you to.

Hope this helps!  icon_rolleyes.gif
wow, thanks for enlightening me. smile.gif

can you suggest any more food with high carb for my breakfast..bread? I've been dunking on loads of fruits, salad and fruits today.

Added on May 29, 2012, 8:53 pm
QUOTE(Green_lemontea @ May 29 2012, 05:49 PM)
Jogging/Running to burn fat, strength training to build lean muscles.
Weightlifting is what we called anarobic exercise, is consider strength training. These types of exercise will only do toning and build lean muscles, makes you look slim but to burn fat and reduce body fat percentage, is through cardio exercise.
the best is to strike a right balance between the two right? hmm.gif
do we have any specific food to take before and after workout? Or just protein will do?

This post has been edited by TechnoG: May 29 2012, 08:53 PM
TechnoG
post Jun 11 2012, 08:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

what should you eat when you're hungry? like tea time? is it the normal high protein food of eggs etc?
TechnoG
post Jun 11 2012, 10:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 11 2012, 08:46 PM)
Tea time i'll prob olive oil fry 2 eggs with pepper, 1 yolk only and a cup of milk smile.gif
I guess cutting mostly revolve around eggs huh? laugh.gif most of the time I'll have half boil eggs, 2 in the morning and 2 more during tea time.
So I was thinking about other type of food? Instead of eggs tiap2 hari. hmm.gif
TechnoG
post Jun 11 2012, 10:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(Sarah Angelina @ Jun 11 2012, 10:02 PM)
I'll normally replace it with fruits tongue.gif
okay, sounds like a plan. tongue.gif I'm trying to refrain myself from eating junk food cos my house is loaded with them. Biscuits should be alright yeah? I found one with only 90 calorie per pack..it is fine yeah? btw, my calorie intake is 1.7k, and most of the time I don't really eat that much.
TechnoG
post Jun 25 2012, 05:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

yay, I'm showing good progress. I just got on the scale, and I'm 82kg. I'm pretty sure it's not my body losing water cos I drank like 4 cups of water before getting on the scale. tongue.gif gonna shed like 4 more kgs before I start bulking up. Was 90kg 2 months ago btw. smile.gif

p/s: I would like to thank everyone here especially alien9 for the advice. Not doing anymore cardio, just weight training only.
TechnoG
post Jun 26 2012, 02:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jun 25 2012, 09:06 PM)
WOW! Congratulations! I went from 88 to 76.4 in 3 months, now i'm currently stuck at 76.4 for two damn weeks already  icon_question.gif
QUOTE(alien9 @ Jun 25 2012, 10:42 PM)
That is good man. Congratulation on your progress. Now it is my turn to use all my advices to start back my fat loss journey. Been exactly one month from not doing any exercise and controlling diet due to lots of projects needed to be done.  thumbup.gif
thanks. Good luck with your cutting too. smile.gif sacrificing nice food is quite worth it after all. blush.gif resisted temptation from junk foods and fast food for the past month.
TechnoG
post Jul 3 2012, 06:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(min.lin @ Jul 3 2012, 04:13 PM)
i would like to lose 5 kilos.

i've started doing sit-ups and light exercise daily at home. i also purchased this product called Kinohimitsu J'pan Kilos Cut . there're 30 sachets to be consumed on a daily basis.

i've done some review on this Kinohimitsu thingy and yet to read any negative side effects regarding it.

anyone has anything to share about Kinohimitsu products, and also any motivation tips to maintain my daily exercise?

thanks smile.gif
sure it works, of course..but the problem is once you stopped using it, you'll be enjoying looking at your weight soar even higher. tongue.gif
just forgo those products and just do some cardio or weight training. Do heavy exercises like jogging, not light exercises if you're really serious about it.

This post has been edited by TechnoG: Jul 3 2012, 06:23 PM
TechnoG
post Jul 6 2012, 06:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jul 6 2012, 01:31 AM)
RM18.00 per session is pretty cheap  shocking.gif
I mean, if you compare with the price of PT in Celeb Fitness. Lol.
in ghetto gyms, PT is foc. tongue.gif how much is celeb fitness? I have a friend going to fitness first, and 1 hour cost you RM60. laugh.gif
TechnoG
post Jul 7 2012, 05:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(mnkh27 @ Jul 7 2012, 02:44 PM)
when one becomes lean with little body fat, the veins pop out naturally more for some people, less on some.
hmm..my biceps have visible veins, but you can't really feel the bump on my skin. Now just waiting to see those veins that stretch from my fingers right up to my arm..if it's possible. tongue.gif

hais, not sure whether I should bulk up or cut now. 83kg, 188cm..feel like bulking up, but I still have fats around my tummy area. sad.gif my heart wants to bulk, but my eyes tell me to cut.
TechnoG
post Jul 9 2012, 07:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

my food intake is always bothering me, I'm not very confident whether it suits my current lifestyle which is cutting. I'm 188cm, 84kg and I go to the gym everyday except for Sundays which I would do a 3km run instead.

Mon-Fri
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Sat

do you think it's okay for cutting? hmm.gif if I follow the 1lbs per g of protein, that equates to around 185g laugh.gif don't think I can fill up that much.

This post has been edited by TechnoG: Jul 9 2012, 07:56 PM
TechnoG
post Jul 9 2012, 08:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(alien9 @ Jul 9 2012, 07:56 PM)
For Monday, how much calorie do you consume?
the last time I calculated it was around 1200kcal-1300kcal. smile.gif it won't exceed 1300kcal on weekdays, but weekends is definitely much more.

This post has been edited by TechnoG: Jul 9 2012, 08:07 PM
TechnoG
post Jul 10 2012, 04:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(alien9 @ Jul 9 2012, 08:16 PM)
Wow, that is extremely low. Are you trying to be anorexia? I am 168cm with 91kg and the lowest I go is 2000kcal. That is just borderline low calorie for me. Any lower than that, my muscle will start to breakdown a lot and my BMR will start to plummet.
I'm trying to loose fats and weights faster, so I figured out lowering my calorie intake more will prolly help.
Aaaahhhh..sometimes it's pretty frustrating to see the belly there after 2 months. sad.gif

less calories will lead to muscle breakdown? Interesting. hmm.gif
TechnoG
post Jul 27 2012, 09:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(gannicholas @ Jul 27 2012, 08:44 PM)

I'm curious about this too, the PT told me to work out 2 muscles groups per day only..but I tend to do around 3. tongue.gif

Mon: Shoulder, Tricep, Bicep + Squat
Tues: Back, Chest, Abs + Deadlift
Weds: Legs + Squat
Thurs: Shoulder, Tricep, Bicep + Squat
Fri: Back, Chest, Abs + Deadlift
Sat: do something stupid in the gym. tongue.gif messing around with leg machines.
Sun: do nothing at all, but sometimes I'll do some jogging in the nearby park.

but I'm in a bulking phase now. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by TechnoG: Jul 27 2012, 09:08 PM
TechnoG
post Jul 28 2012, 08:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(alien9 @ Jul 27 2012, 11:46 PM)
You make your own routine? It seems so because it is not organize and squat and deads on 5 consecutive days even on the leg day. What are you going to do for you leg?
Yeah, I make my own routine. You mean I'm not training my legs enough? laugh.gif
TechnoG
post Aug 10 2012, 05:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(unrealweapon @ Aug 7 2012, 09:42 AM)
hi guys,
currently im over 80kg, maybe 84-85KG and 180CM

in terms of BMI, im slightly over and i wished to reduce to 79KG and below,

i would like some advice on how to shed those extra fats away and diets.

I thought of getting a skipping rope to help ..

will there bee any use if I use skipping rope ?

At gyms, i saw fat burners pills which supposed to burn fats, are those too good to be true ?
you can skip as much as you want, but make sure you keep your diet as clean as possible. Count how much calories is needed by your body.
I'll recommend you to get a pair of shoes and go jogging in the park nearby instead of skipping a rope. laugh.gif

p/s: I don't think you're really that fat, my height and weight is around there. smile.gif
TechnoG
post Aug 21 2012, 01:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(cyian @ Aug 20 2012, 10:49 AM)
hey bros.. jus want to ask.. my aim is to reduce my weight so i started gymin a month ago.. as of now, i can see diff when im lookin at the mirror (muscles starts to build around the arm, chest) but my weight increased a little compared to before.

I did some reading here on this forum n so i went wit lifting instead of cardio as my main method of reducing weight. I did not exceed my calorie intake n so im quite confused wat i shud do to solve this prob. thx for the help in advance smile.gif
the weight gained is prolly due to the muscles..but actually there is alot of variables that affect your weight on the scale, the amount of water in your body etc. tomorrow morning after you wake up, just jump on the scale and that'll be more or less your real weight. Do it the following week straight after you wake up and see if there is any difference or not.

Dont weigh yourself different times in a day.

This post has been edited by TechnoG: Aug 21 2012, 01:05 PM
TechnoG
post Aug 23 2012, 02:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(mysql2779 @ Aug 22 2012, 10:35 PM)
Guys.. can you all give some suggestion on my exercise routine? I am not sure I am doing right or not...

Stretching - 5mins
Warm up - 10mins
Weight training - approximately 10mins
Sit-up - 5mins
Jogging - 30mins
Cool down - 5mins
Stretching - 5mins
Massage my muscles - 5mins

Am I right with these steps ? Should I do weight training before or after cardio in order to loss weight ? My main concern is to loss weight, building muscles is secondary aim.
1.15hours workout and only 10min of weight lifting? tongue.gif weight training is good enough for cutting, watch what you eat is most important. or maybe I'm biased towards cardio since I hate the shit out of it.

If I were you I would dedicate my whole workout for weight lifting, of course with the usual stretching/warm up. But if you insist on cardio then maybe you can do it after you've done with weight lifting..if you still have the energy to do so. biggrin.gif

it should be something like,
warm up/stretching - 5mins
weight training - 50mins
jogging - 20mins

This post has been edited by TechnoG: Aug 23 2012, 02:28 AM
TechnoG
post Aug 23 2012, 10:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(mysql2779 @ Aug 23 2012, 10:28 AM)
LOL.. my english sucks.. I don't know how to explain what i did..

dumbbell 12lbs x 12reps x 4 sets
push ups for 30 seconds x 4 sets
Erm... another one is for chest one.. 30lbs x 12 reps x 4 sets

My rest time quite long after each set. 1min rest time. HEHE.
you should go by muscle group instead, example

Mon - Bicep/Shoulder
Tues - Tricep/Chest
Wed - Abs/Back
Thurs - Legs
Fri - Rest
Sat - Cardio

then for like bicep, do at least 4 exercises, I usually start off with barbell curl, bicep curl, preacher curl and hammer curl. Shoulder will be shoulder press, deltoid raise, arnold press and the one with the barbell one. etc
TechnoG
post Oct 19 2012, 05:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(WingKalimdor @ Oct 19 2012, 05:00 PM)
My ways is reducing carbohydrates like rices to two spoon, avoiding oily food, calories intake less than 2k per day. Been doing cardio on treadmill for 30 minutes 3 times / weeks. Weight training after cardio for another half hour. During working, walking up to my seat using stair instead of lift. All these doesn't seem good to me.

Do I really need to go for side supplement??
what kind of supplements are you looking at? fat burners? hmm.gif if you want to observe a major difference (provided with good diet) then you can go ahead with it.

normally during workout days I'll take around 3500kcal per day, non-wo 2500kcal and cutting 1000kcal which is what I'm doing right now, cutting for this whole month since I'm having my exams. Gonna get some protein supps soon cos I can feel my cutting phase is draining my muscles. sad.gif

Try increasing the intensity of your workout?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:25 AM