Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

TSWira_lover
post Oct 19 2011, 01:42 PM, updated 4y ago

Casual
315 posts

I've seen this question quite a few times here and there, just thought ill do a short step by step write up to help those who need to DIY cause runner fee's are RIDICULOUS.

1. Buyer and seller to discuss who will pay for inspection and change of ownership fees.
-Inspection Rm30
-Change Name - Rm150

2.Seller to bring the vehicle to puspakom for inspection with geran/registration card. Request for a form at the counter. Complete inspection and collect the slip/result.
B5 - if new owner buys with cash
B5/B7 - if new owner is using hire purchase/car loan, once done provide approval slip to bank and bank will do name transfer on their side, you pay the bank rm300-400 depends on the banks...they call this transfer fee if I'm not mistaken.

-please remove your tint if it's too dark yourself by going over to an accesory shop, they can charge between rm30-60 depends on car/place etc.. if not puspakom guys will just tear it off and leave the gum all there or just fail you.
-some are even open on saturdays for those who are busy working during weekdays. can check out their site
Puspakom Branches and Opening Hours

Update:
3.Proceed to JPJ for change of name request with geran and all the documents above., request change of ownership(tukar nama) document at front desk. Fill form of new and old owners details. Obtain que number from front desk and proceed to counter for IC and thumbrpint verification for both new and old vehicle owner.

4.If one party is out of state, they can go to their respective JPJ branch and complete the procedure seperately.

For those who cant go to jpj directly:

Runner fees for inspection can range from rm80-rm150, and change name rm300. for those who dont have time, can use this services. For those who needs special request due to punched engine number, mounting modification, no approvla for sunroof etc or aka special case, you have no choice but to bare the fee's of a runner which is going to cost definitely more than Rm150 for special case. I even heard of Rm1k for this kind of situations.

Prepare your geran, photocopy of IC buyer and seller and hand over to runner. He will also need the original signed copy of the forms mentioned above.

ADDED:

For those who want, can aslo call puspakom 03-20527474 and schedule an appointment 3 days in advance to come over to your house and perform the inspection Rm100 service fee+rm30. However only certain branches can offer this services, so check at the link above or contact them.

ADDED - Hire Purchase

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Jun 16 2016, 02:47 PM)
Yes this is true. There have been changes to the rules...If im not wrong about 2 years ago roughly... maybe more... Your car must be fully settled before you can sell it. This si to protect the interest of used car dealers, as these days we dont need them thanks to the internet.
So the banks, will willingly approve loans without advising the buyer that the sellers car must be fully settled, so when the seller says he cant fully pay the loan, the buyer needs to pay a cancellation fee with the bank... So its a win win situation.
Because you only have these options.

Option 1.

Seller hires service of a used car dealer to do invoicing and used car will settle the bank loan for you.. Then process the sale, then the buyer's bank releases the money to used car... any excess or shortage can be retrieved or paid to the used car dealer. This fee can range between 2k-5k , depending on the loan outstanding amount.

Option 2
Buyer cancels the loan due to seller unable to settle the car loan. But buyer will be charged with cancellation fee by the bank who approved his/her loan, this can be argued i believe if the bank approved the loan without asking/advising that the car must be cleared of any hire purchase. It will be a long and annoying fight

Option 3
Buyer and seller work out a deal to payoff the amount charged by used car for their fees. Maybe 50/50 etc.

Option 4
Seller clears the loan him/herself and wait for the disbursement by the buyers bank, you'll get back the cash
I hope this message reaches out to all sellers and buyers, because i feel this is really absurd. the way banks and the dealerships is playing around with the people. So before you get stuck in this cycle, PLEASE let your friends and family know.... if you are buying or selling a car, ALWAYS check if it has an existing loan, then advise the seller that it must be cleared before you apply for a new loan. Once you apply and approved, they win.
This post has been edited by Wira_lover: Jul 28 2017, 12:11 PM
imperialrealcs
post Oct 19 2011, 02:44 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,695 posts

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Oct 19 2011, 01:42 PM)
Ive seen this question quite a few times here and there, just thought ill do a short step by step write up to help those who needs to DIY cause runner fee's are RIDICULOUS.

1. Buyer and seller to discuss who will pay for inspection and change of ownership fee's.
-Inspection Rm30
-Change Name - Rm150

2.Seller to bring car to puspakom to complete inspection with geran/registration card. Request for form at the counter. complete inspection and collect the slip/result.
B5/B7 - if new owner is using hire purchase.
-please remove your tint if its too dark yourself if not puspakom guys will just tear it off and leave the gum all there
-some are even open on saturdays for those who are busy working during weekdays. can check out their site

3.Once done, print out chang of ownership form 2 copies or go to the nearest used car dealer and get the form from them. One for buyer and one for seller. A copy of each IC, sign on the form together with right THUMBPRINT. (it is not indicated on the form which finger,so please take note). If buyer or seller are from different states, can be done via courier/post, only original is accepted.

Tukar Milik JPJ Forms

4.Proceed to JPJ for change of name request with geran and all the documents above.
Runner fees for inspection can range from rm80-rm150, and change name rm300. for those who dont have time, can use this services. For those who needs special request due to punched engine number, mounting modification, no approvla for sunroof etc or aka special case, you have no choice but to bare the fee's of a runner which is going to cost definitely more than Rm150 for special case. I even heard of Rm1k for this kind of situations.
the bolded one seems wrong. just last 2 weeks i went to puspakom and this second hand car failed the test because the tint is over spec. i didnt notice puspakom staff tearing it off as its still intact. the owner have no choice but to remove it and go for inspection again. of course, say bye bye to the fees
TSWira_lover
post Oct 19 2011, 02:52 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Oct 19 2011, 02:44 PM)
the bolded one seems wrong. just last 2 weeks i went to puspakom and this second hand car failed the test because the tint is over spec. i didnt notice puspakom staff tearing it off as its still intact. the owner have no choice but to remove it and go for inspection again. of course, say bye bye to the fees
its case to case basis. puspakom or like any other goverment agency in malaysia, they have their mood.

in my side, they will ask the car owner/runner, tinted too dark, either take your car remove yourself (fee's byebye), or allow them to tear it off on the spot. if on the spot, the gum will remain and need to send to an accesory shop, to use their chemicals to remove/wash the gum....

so to avoid any of this from happening...kindly ensure your tinted is not dark or is the approved kind before going to puspakom.

This post has been edited by Wira_lover: Oct 19 2011, 02:53 PM
yOuNg$tEr
post Oct 19 2011, 06:32 PM

Enthusiast
728 posts

Where does the loan application prpcess fit in?smile.gif thanks.
TSWira_lover
post Oct 19 2011, 08:58 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(yOuNg$tEr @ Oct 19 2011, 06:32 PM)
Where does the loan application prpcess fit in?smile.gif thanks.
if the car is purchased with hire [email protected] loan, then you need to do inspection B5 & B7 and provide that slip to the bank. and the transfer will be done by the banks runner
bukanmain
post Oct 19 2011, 11:05 PM

I'm only 20,still learning..
1,711 posts

tinted actually if too dark you can nego say "saya koyak skrng bang,lepas tu abg check blk boleh? nnt kena dtg blk bang"

ive seen lots of cars did it when i DIY myself
TSWira_lover
post Oct 20 2011, 09:46 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(bukanmain @ Oct 19 2011, 11:05 PM)
tinted actually if too dark you can nego say "saya koyak skrng bang,lepas tu abg check blk boleh? nnt kena dtg blk bang"

ive seen lots of cars did it when i DIY myself
depends on place la bro...

if the place ok...they will ask you if want tear or not...if ur tint like VIP like that i think they straight will fail you...im not sure...no matter what also... if they ask you can choose...if they dont ask...try nego....if they still insist...your bad luck.

thats why i mention too avoid all this unnecesary problems with puspakom, please make sure your tint is not too dark. if it is please remove before you go. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by Wira_lover: Oct 20 2011, 09:46 AM
Quazacolt
post Oct 20 2011, 09:51 AM

Riding couple
4,257 posts

good write up/guides, perhaps if possible you can include their door to door services for those who cant goto jpj directly themselves?

also reported the thread to mods to get it pinned biggrin.gif
TSWira_lover
post Oct 20 2011, 10:39 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Oct 20 2011, 09:51 AM)
good write up/guides, perhaps if possible you can include their door to door services for those who cant goto jpj directly themselves?

also reported the thread to mods to get it pinned biggrin.gif
hmm i added alr right bro? the part where you can use runner services if you are tied up with work or not able to personally handle. icon_rolleyes.gif
Quazacolt
post Oct 20 2011, 12:43 PM

Riding couple
4,257 posts

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Oct 20 2011, 10:39 AM)
hmm i added alr right bro? the part where you can use runner services if you are tied up with work or not able to personally handle.  icon_rolleyes.gif
not runner service, jpj themselves come to your house to do inspection at your house
TSWira_lover
post Oct 20 2011, 02:05 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Oct 20 2011, 12:43 PM)
not runner service, jpj themselves come to your house to do inspection at your house
owhhh... my bad. yup added puspakom home inspection.
kelvyn
post Dec 6 2011, 05:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,166 posts

According to JPJ regulations, the buyer is supposed to register his name as the new owner within 2 weeks.
How could a seller be assured that the vehicle that he has sold off has be transferred from his name to the buyer if he either sells then to 2nd hand car dealer or trade-in?
Any mechanism to protect the Seller? As we have been hearing lots of horror stories....
atah
post Dec 9 2011, 11:24 PM

On my way
623 posts

Hi, got some URGENT questions here.

I'm helping my bro to sell his bike. But he's currently in Penang. So is it OK if he has form TM-AB signed by a pesuruhjaya sumpah, and he will sign the form JPJK3, then courier it to me?

Then I will take the signed forms and go to JPJ with the buyer to do the name transfer. The buyer will then have his TM-AB form witnessed by the JPJ officer.

Is the above acceptable by JPJ?

Thanks

kelvyn
post Dec 10 2011, 08:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,166 posts

QUOTE(atah @ Dec 10 2011, 12:24 AM)
Hi, got some URGENT questions here.

I'm helping my bro to sell his bike. But he's currently in Penang. So is it OK if he has form TM-AB signed by a pesuruhjaya sumpah, and he will sign the form JPJK3, then courier it to me?

Then I will take the signed forms and go to JPJ with the buyer to do the name transfer. The buyer will then have his TM-AB form witnessed by the JPJ officer.

Is the above acceptable by JPJ?

Thanks
That should be the way to go around that. If the buyer is present at JPJ, he does not need to have the TM-AB.
Happen to asked at JPJ last week about this.
@lowyat
post Dec 10 2011, 09:03 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Dec 10 2011, 08:42 AM)
That should be the way to go around that. If the buyer is present at JPJ, he does not need to have the TM-AB.
Happen to asked at JPJ last week about this.
Good info rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by @lowyat: Dec 10 2011, 09:09 AM
jepakazoid_82
post Jan 9 2013, 09:00 PM

Enthusiast
808 posts

How much is the door to door service provided by the so called touts nowadays? Read on the star that these touts caused normal people like us to wait for hours at Puspakom.
alexkos
post Apr 15 2013, 09:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,122 posts

i have a situation....

my friend is in kl, his car in kl. I want to buy his car. I am in perak.

So, he will need to go to puspakom in kl, get inspected.
Then, he will need to go to jpj office, get the JPJK3 form, signed and thumbprinted. Also get his IC certified true copied.

Then, he will pass the forms, car registration card, certified true copy IC to the runner, ask the runner to drive the car up to perak.

Then i will get the car, go to JPJ, submit my JPJK3 + his JPJK3, show puspakom evidence, buy insurance on the spot, pay RM100 for transfer fee. and win....

is it like that? Is there any other way to ease the seller? my seller is not very free also....

please help.
ddeee
post Apr 16 2013, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

Anyone can provide the estimated breakdown for everything to transfer the car ownership? I was quoted roughly 1600 all in by the SA who i got my car from.
MYstombox
post Jul 10 2013, 01:13 PM

Wired!
2,240 posts

Here's an update on the costs:

Puspakom inspection for name change B5 form - RM30 , ensure you retain the receipt

Puspakom mobile inspection - Add RM100 to any inspection cost

Name change at JPJ - RM100

Things you need to prepare:

1) JPJK3 - 2 copies, seller and buyer must sign on BOTH copies
2) TM-AB form - 2 copies, Buyer and seller IC photocopied and paste on TM-AB form and certified true (if not present), if present, just cut/paste the photocopy onto the TM-AB form
3) TM-1 form -> Checklist, that buyer has to tick and sign relevant points
4) JKJK2 - Original grant, ensure that seller has signed the column at the back if he is not first owner
5) Puspakom B5 with receipt - You have 30 days to transfer the vehicle, from the date on the B5 form
6) RM100 transfer fees
7) Insurance coverage in YOUR name on the vehicle, you can bring the photocopy grant to your insurance agent and purchase a 1 year insurance for name change. No matter if date start/end don't match with road tax, can extend your insurance once the car in your name.

These are all you need, no need to pay runner anything.
For the TM-AB, you can ask the seller to get it stamped by any commissioner of oath as well.

So for ddeee -> I am not including the cost of your insurance, as this depends on value of vehicle and NCD.

RM30 inspection + RM100 = RM130 minimum for name change

These are what I did recently, and to be honest I saved a lot of money instead of using runners.
jwrx
post Jul 10 2013, 01:22 PM

On my way
513 posts

Great thread. I just hope ppl search b4 asking again and again.

Update: as of 2010+ many puspakom centre will not allow you to tear off your tint in the puspakom lane and allow you to pass.

Its a straight fail, you have to go off, remove all tint, come back again.

btw if you are sure your tint is within spec, ask them to redo the reading in front of you, if they refuse, ask to see the manager
derek_lim1982
post Jul 10 2013, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(MYstombox @ Jul 10 2013, 01:13 PM)

Puspakom inspection for name change B5 form - RM30 , ensure you retain the receipt

2) TM-AB form - 2 copies, Buyer and seller IC photocopied and paste on TM-AB form and certified true (if not present), if present, just cut/paste the photocopy onto the TM-AB form
4) JKJK2 - Original grant, ensure that seller has signed the column at the back if he is not first owner
5) Puspakom B5 with receipt - You have 30 days to transfer the vehicle, from the date on the B5 form
6) RM100 transfer fees
7) Insurance coverage in YOUR name on the vehicle, you can bring the photocopy grant to your insurance agent and purchase a 1 year insurance for name change. No matter if date start/end don't match with road tax, can extend your insurance once the car in your name.

For the TM-AB, you can ask the seller to get it stamped by any commissioner of oath as well.

So for ddeee -> I am not including the cost of your insurance, as this depends on value of vehicle and NCD.

These are what I did recently, and to be honest I saved a lot of money instead of using runners.
1. TM-AB: Is this the same as JPJ-SAB01? Do I need to go to the oath commissioner? Or just pass to seller to get it stamped? Is it valid?
2. Seller ask me to fill up a letter to get the geran, but I'm the first owner and i have the car jpj kad with me as i have paid all. Dont quite understand if this is a need.
3. Do you have any sample of bill of sale?

Gosh, really need help... hate errands
MYstombox
post Jul 10 2013, 06:52 PM

Wired!
2,240 posts

1. TM-AB form I think is different from JPJ-SAB01, you can download this form from JPJ website. Basically its just a 'template' for you to stick photocopy of IC on for the JPJ officer or commissioner of oath to stamp as certified true.

2. Don't understand this, seller? Or buyer?

3. Bill of sale? For what? Sorry, also don't understand. If you're talking about letter of indemnity, the buyer has to give to the seller. You also need to get their IC photocopy. This is to protect you.

Dereklim -> is this your vehicle? What are you thinking of doing? The procedure I mentioned is transfer of vehicle from individual to individual, private vehicle.
lucifah
post Jul 10 2013, 09:04 PM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Staff
7,716 posts

thread pinned for reference to others. wink.gif
Quazacolt
post Jul 10 2013, 09:15 PM

Riding couple
4,257 posts

QUOTE(lucifah @ Jul 10 2013, 09:04 PM)
thread pinned for reference to others. wink.gif
after 2 years, thank you very much notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
kurty
post Jul 19 2013, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

wanna ask,

so far i have prepare the following forms:

TM-3
JPJ-SAB01
JPJ-SAB02
TM-AB
JPJ K3A

am i on the right track????
MYstombox
post Jul 20 2013, 05:13 PM

Wired!
2,240 posts

Kurty -> What do you want to transfer?

Privately owned vehicle, commercial vehicle?
Owner alive? Owner deceased?

If private individual to private individual, follow my instructions above.
www.Code2all.Com
post Jul 21 2013, 05:51 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

This was helpful ... But what is the procedure for foreigners who wants to buy a 2nd hand car in cash? is it the same form noted on the first post (for cash purchase B5) ? So will it require valid passport and work permit here?
kurty
post Jul 21 2013, 10:09 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(MYstombox @ Jul 20 2013, 05:13 PM)
Kurty -> What do you want to transfer?

Privately owned vehicle, commercial vehicle?
Owner alive? Owner deceased?

If private individual to private individual, follow my instructions above.
someone wanna sell me his car.. anyway i printed everything and went down..

end up, got played out by the seller, don't want to answer call, MIA..

MYstombox
post Jul 23 2013, 10:04 AM

Wired!
2,240 posts

QUOTE(www.Code2all.Com @ Jul 21 2013, 05:51 PM)
This was helpful ... But what is the procedure for foreigners who wants to buy a 2nd hand car in cash? is it the same form noted on the first post (for cash purchase B5) ? So will it require valid passport and work permit here?
You should have a valid driver's license, but generally follow the same procedures.

You can always call JPJ hotline for help before doing anything.
MYstombox
post Jul 23 2013, 10:05 AM

Wired!
2,240 posts

QUOTE(kurty @ Jul 21 2013, 10:09 PM)
someone wanna sell me his car.. anyway i printed everything and went down..

end up, got played out by the seller, don't want to answer call, MIA..
The forms you printed out cannot be used.

Just follow my guideline. I have listed the necessary documents there.
jing_kohkoh
post Jul 23 2013, 10:15 PM

Let's kick some AutoBUTTs
650 posts

One question: If I am selling my car which is still under hire purchase, do I have to settle the outstanding first or there is other way which saves the hassle?
MYstombox
post Jul 24 2013, 02:05 PM

Wired!
2,240 posts

Call the bank for more information.

Usually JPJ MUST have the release letter from bank to allow transfer.

In order to get release letter, the loan must be repaid completely.
K3nnYkl82
post Jul 25 2013, 08:42 PM

2,479 posts

QUOTE(jing_kohkoh @ Jul 23 2013, 10:15 PM)
One question: If I am selling my car which is still under hire purchase, do I have to settle the outstanding first or there is other way which saves the hassle?
Legally no.
U need to settle the loan first, then sell it.
The buyer will have to get another loan. Non transferable.
lostasylum
post Aug 2 2013, 01:16 PM

running to stand still
1,053 posts

wira_lover, thanks so much for this... absolute life saver! i managed to do the puspakom inspection myself and was very satisfied about saving the runners fees... i'm now trying to download the JPJ forms, but the link provided sends me to a 404 Not Found error page. i tried going to the jpj site myself and find, but they have kept it well hidden....anyone can help?

EDIT:

Finally found it!!!! Here's the link for you to go and download all the required documents: www.jpj.gov.my/en/pelesenan-kenderaan (Muat Turun Borang Tukar Hakmilik)

This post has been edited by lostasylum: Aug 2 2013, 02:05 PM
altism
post Aug 6 2013, 12:48 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

New Jpj rule regarding ownership transfer..

Road tax cannot be carried forward to the new owner.. The current road tax has to be cancelled with no refunds and new owner has to buy a new road tax on the spot

Khimtay
post Aug 26 2013, 02:11 PM

8 posts

Need some expert advise here:-

My Father got 1 plate Number where the vehicle had been gone (stolen) many year back. The Rodtax was not being renewed then. The registration card is still here.

I am going to get a New car and intent to use back my father's plate number, can anyone expert advise what is the price (normal process or abnormal process) and how to do it (like report police for stolen or there is other way to declare total lost as i am not going to claim insurance on that vehicle) in the most fastest way.

Also, what document i need to prepare (which JPJ form) to transfer from my father's name to my name.

Many Thanks if anyone know the process........
dason8155
post Aug 27 2013, 09:57 AM

23 posts

QUOTE(MYstombox @ Jul 10 2013, 01:13 PM)

6) RM100 transfer fees

I was told by agent there are sumpah fees and stamp duty for name transfer as well, is that true?
or all in you only pay 100 bucks to transfer, any other fees incurred?
kwaiharn
post Aug 29 2013, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

what JPJ will look at (example: ctos, ccris) when transfer car ownership?
In my case, as my dad got some bad debts, he planning to transfer the car ownership to me. But I worried that the JPJ does not allow to transfer the car ownership because of bad debts issue.

kkk8787
post Sep 13 2013, 03:11 AM

Julyd8th
2,155 posts

Hi I'm just transferringg a car from mu dads name to mine.. not hired purchase cash bought..hows the procudure ah same as abive ah...b5 puspakom rm30 then kpj change name rm100...do I need to change insurancr as well? Need to pay?
austinlai
post Sep 24 2013, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

My car roadtax expiring next year June.
I want to sell my car now.
I need renew roadtax and insurance now?

What is the cheapest insurance available now?
Any below or around RM100 +/-?
jason57
post Sep 24 2013, 08:52 PM

14 posts

If I want to sell my car but the rear window itself is original black from japan recon car, do we need to change it to clear rear windscreen?
chinteck79
post Sep 28 2013, 05:04 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

hi Bros, i wantto ask about the procedure how u all sell the car yourself. it's regarding the payment part between the buyer n seller. when do you get the full payment from the buyer? before u go jpj transfer name or after? how about the buyer if he wants to take bank loan? how do we go about it? anyone have experience can shed some light?

last time my experience is cincai n based on trust.
1. i post on mudah, buyer come test drive.
2. buyer ok n pay the deposit. but i dont have any receipts or document. buyer is good n trust us with the deposit.(but if i am on buyer side i wont pay lo cause worried seller will disappear)
3. get all the jpj n puspakom forms let new buyer sign. ask for balance before tranfer name. this round buyer not willing to pay say after transfer only pay. (we understand their concern but we also worried after transfer they dont pay. we go ahead n transfer based on trust)
4. after transfer deliver car to buyer house. buyer pay full in cash. thank god whole process everyone is good ppl.

but this world is full of conman either seller or buyer. i am just wondering what is the correct procedure if we dont really trust each other n make sure this transaction safe for both party? what are the procedure if buyer is taking loan frm bank? really hope someone can clarify

ReVolVolution
post Sep 30 2013, 04:28 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(chinteck79 @ Sep 28 2013, 05:04 PM)
hi Bros, i wantto ask about the procedure how u all sell the car yourself. it's regarding the payment part between the buyer n seller. when do you get the full payment from the buyer? before u go jpj transfer name or after? how about the buyer if he wants to take bank loan? how do we go about it? anyone have experience can shed some light?

last time my experience is cincai n based on trust.
1.  i post on mudah, buyer come test drive.
2. buyer ok n pay the deposit. but i dont have any receipts or document. buyer is good n trust us with the deposit.(but if i am on buyer side i wont pay lo cause worried seller will disappear)
3. get all the jpj n puspakom forms let new buyer sign. ask for balance before tranfer name. this round buyer not willing to pay say after transfer only pay. (we understand their concern but we also worried after transfer they dont pay. we go ahead n transfer based on trust)
4. after transfer deliver car to buyer house. buyer pay full in cash. thank god whole process everyone is good ppl.

but this world is full of conman either seller or buyer. i am just wondering what is the correct procedure if we dont really trust each other n make sure this transaction safe for both party? what are the procedure if buyer is taking loan frm bank? really hope someone can clarify
Yes. I'm also wondering if the buyer takes loan to purchase your car. What about if seller also have outstanding bank loan??

Any sifu like to comment?

khorheong
post Oct 9 2013, 02:38 PM

15 posts

Just done transfer car ownership without runner in this morning. Below is the procedure (no loan involved).

1. Call to Puspakom to book the date for inspection.
2. Obtain B5 form after pass inspection (Cost RM30), please remember to bring car cert together.It is better for seller to bring the car for inspection. If not, need to prepare referral letter.
3. Seller and buyer go to JPJ together with car cert, B5 form, one photocopy IC from seller, one photocopy IC from buyer & ROADTAX
4. Seller need to fill up terminate ROADTAX form.
5. Seller & buyer need to fill up JPJK3 & TM-AB form.
6. Buyer need to fill up TM-1 form.
7. Wait for your turn and pass all the form together and road tax. Cost is RM100 for transfer name.
8. After done the name transfer, buyer need buy the car insurance.
9. Buyer pay the new road tax after car insurance issued.

This post has been edited by khorheong: Oct 9 2013, 02:59 PM
LaiFany
post Oct 9 2013, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

Hey guys. Please do help me out here. I'm buying a car and the seller and I are to meet at jpj tomorrow at 9am.
What I don't understand is the role of the buyer.
What do I need to do and prepare? And do I need to go to PUSPAKOM? It's my first time doing it, so a few pointers would be helpful. icon_question.gif
Thanks in advance!
Edit: Oh, and how about the insurance? Where do I get it and when do I get it. After or before the ownership transfer? A lil confused. And how much is the 1st party insurance. tq

This post has been edited by LaiFany: Oct 9 2013, 04:30 PM
nig3l
post Oct 14 2013, 10:17 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

ok i have a case here.
Am buying a 2nd hand car from direct owner.

car priced at Rm46500 and Loaning 27k from the bank.

that is RM19500 balance which i need to pay to the car seller?

Im abit worried if its safe to just give him the money..

any idea guys?

fyi seller's car is still on loan..

(well actually same concern with the few questions above me)

This post has been edited by nig3l: Oct 14 2013, 10:20 AM
nig3l
post Oct 17 2013, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

Anyone care to enlighten here smile.gif
summeracres
post Oct 22 2013, 03:13 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(nig3l @ Oct 14 2013, 10:17 AM)
ok i have a case here.
Am buying a 2nd hand car from direct owner.

car priced at Rm46500 and Loaning 27k from the bank.

that is RM19500 balance which i need to pay to the car seller?

Im abit worried if its safe to just give him the money..

any idea guys?

fyi seller's car is still on loan..

(well actually same concern with the few questions above me)
The new rule now is that seller cannot accept deposit i.e. the RM19,500. Buyer will need to buy bank draft and hand it over to the loan processing officer. Bank will issue one lump sum cheque to the seller.

As for the loan...I'm not too sure either. I sold my car without any loan balance smile.gif
summeracres
post Oct 22 2013, 03:14 PM

4 posts

***double entry...deleted****

This post has been edited by summeracres: Oct 23 2013, 09:39 AM
nig3l
post Oct 22 2013, 11:39 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

yes that's right.
my transaction proceed on without any deposit / cash given to the seller..

everything has to be given to the bank.

any extra amount out of the entire amount given will then be credited back to seller's account.

summeracres
post Oct 24 2013, 11:54 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(nig3l @ Oct 22 2013, 11:39 PM)
yes that's right.
my transaction proceed on without any deposit / cash given to the seller..

everything has to be given to the bank.

any extra amount out of the entire amount given will then be credited back to seller's account.
Yes. Glad you managed to get around it biggrin.gif
empty1339
post Oct 31 2013, 09:02 AM

41 posts

Basically, if the buyer take loan, and let say if you still owe bank with car loan, then either one of the bank will act like the middle man, inform them how much is the car, and after deduct your loan balance, the bank will return it back to you. that was my experience, hope it helps
tangtang22
post Nov 7 2013, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

Just to add on my experience, i did my change of ownership yesterday. Went to the maju junction after lunch n they can tell u "nombor habis". Immediately went to the wangsa maju outlet n managed to get it done over there.

Summary, its quite a straight forward process but do remember to bring only few things over as u can get the forms there at JPJ:
- Puspakom cert.
- make sure u buy ur insurans edi (its shown online n u need not bring a copy).
- cash RM100 for passenger cars.

Have a good day!!
lloydie
post Nov 8 2013, 11:33 PM

1 posts

Hi I'm new here in Malaysia and i want to ask about insurance.

I think before going to JPJ we need to secure the insurance already right?

if so how do you do that? do you just bring the grant or certificate of ownership to the bank or insurance agent?

do you also then pay the road tax with the insurance?

what insurance company do you recommend?

thanks for your inputs. smile.gif
almaine
post Nov 13 2013, 03:23 PM

Enthusiast
807 posts

anyone knows what is the latest car reg number in JPJ?
boyan
post Nov 17 2013, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

I've been reading many posts and news, so I just like to get some confirmation before dedicating time to get the ownership transfer errand settled. I want to transfer from my father-in-law's to my wife's name.

1) Someone stated that during Puspakom inspection, it's best to have the original owner bringing the vehicle, else you have to cook up some referral letter? I think Puspakom doesn't really care about this, as long as you have the grant. That means I can just do this by myself, by having both the car and grant. Correct?

2) For someone who has successfully done an inspection at Puspakom Wangsa Maju recently. Can I call say today for booking, and expect to get one in two days time? In short - just want to get some feel on the 'lead time' for Wangsa Maju Puspakom.

3) Say it is the day of the appoinment / booking at Puspakom Wangsa Maju. How early is early enough, to be among the first in queue? Be there 6 am?

4) My wife and father in law will not be around. Effectively, I am the runner. Is this possible? I guess I need to get TM-AB form done for both? Anything else?

5) I need to buy insurance first, and then go to JPJ to initiate the transfer. Correct? I can just do this at any post office right? I'm staggering the inspection, insurance and transfer to different days so that I could skip taking leave.

6) With the latest MySikap system and its issues, how bad is the experience going to be, or is it ok now?
tangtang22
post Nov 18 2013, 09:05 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(boyan @ Nov 17 2013, 09:30 PM)
I've been reading many posts and news, so I just like to get some confirmation before dedicating time to get the ownership transfer errand settled. I want to transfer from my father-in-law's to my wife's name.

1) Someone stated that during Puspakom inspection, it's best to have the original owner bringing the vehicle, else you have to cook up some referral letter? I think Puspakom doesn't really care about this, as long as you have the grant. That means I can just do this by myself, by having both the car and grant. Correct?

2) For someone who has successfully done an inspection at Puspakom Wangsa Maju recently. Can I call say today for booking, and expect to get one in two days time? In short - just want to get some feel on the 'lead time' for Wangsa Maju Puspakom.

3) Say it is the day of the appoinment / booking at Puspakom Wangsa Maju. How early is early enough, to be among the first in queue? Be there 6 am?

4) My wife and father in law will not be around. Effectively, I am the runner. Is this possible? I guess I need to get TM-AB form done for both? Anything else?

5) I need to buy insurance first, and then go to JPJ to initiate the transfer. Correct? I can just do this at any post office right? I'm staggering the inspection, insurance and transfer to different days so that I could skip taking leave.

6) With the latest MySikap system and its issues, how bad is the experience going to be, or is it ok now?
Right now still able to do the "runner" thing till 2014.. Booking wise, u call n see what they say, normally bout few days after ur call that u will get the inspection done..

O, do refer to my post above as its really that straightforward.. yes. those forms u mentioned are enough edi, but provided JPJ dont last minute change its requirement.

Its really easy for now before the full throtle of my-sikap kicks in but do bear with some bugs of the system for now...

Worse come to worse, just bring all the necessary things there n ask the ppl there, those seasoned runners will be happy to help as every1 is bored waiting..

This post has been edited by tangtang22: Nov 18 2013, 09:06 AM
boyan
post Nov 18 2013, 09:17 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

thanks man... it seems like i just need to do the inspection, and my father in law will take care of the title transfer in the home state.... phew...

anyway, called puspakom, and they do prefer some referral letter + copy of owner ic, along with the grant, when bringing the car, if you're not the owner.
farisjo
post Nov 19 2013, 12:47 PM

1 posts

Hello guys,

I have a question, I'm quite new in this. Let's say if the buyer still has a sum of outstanding balance with the bank and he is selling me the car at a lower price from the outstanding. Should owner settle the outstanding first and only then I apply for the loan or ?????

What are the steps needs to be taken. Really lost.
psyeo
post Nov 25 2013, 01:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,600 posts

Would appreciate if anyone can assist me on this.

I'll be trading in my car to Honda (still with loan) and will be purchasing another car (loan approved).

the question I have here is the car I'm trading in will be sold to another 2nd hand dealership, whom my SA told me that they will pay to Honda directly and Honda will then settle the outstanding loan for me. So how will I know if the 2nd hand dealer will pay to Honda, and Honda for settling my outstanding loan amount? anything i should be wary off from this arrangement? (i will be handing over my car on wednesday & I have the car registration card with me)

I'll be transferring the existing number plate to the new car

This post has been edited by psyeo: Nov 25 2013, 01:24 PM
psyeo
post Nov 26 2013, 09:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,600 posts

Anyone? Pls
imran
post Dec 9 2013, 12:24 AM

Casual
311 posts

hi, anyone who knows how long it takes to change the name from foreigner user to local m'sia user ?
thefryingfox
post Dec 9 2013, 06:13 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,085 posts

If i sell my car - do i have to pay for insurance for another party? or does he/she need to buy that insurance?
summeracres
post Dec 10 2013, 10:54 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(boyan @ Nov 17 2013, 09:30 PM)

It's better to prepare the authorization letter in advance before going. Just in case. When you are there, you will need to fill up a form. There's a section where you fill in as representative.

I usually figure out when I can go Puspakom, call and ask for a preferred time. Usually can get. Go early morning say 8.30am, the opening time. You'll be out in half an hour biggrin.gif. There's no queue for me at Puspakom Bangi. I get a 8.30am appointment, be there by 8.15am, wait for them to open, talk to the police office, drive the car in to the inspection bay, fill in form and pay.

Before you do the transfer, make sure your FIL's car current road tax and insurance has already been cancelled. Then buy insurance. After transfer only get the road tax. I guess you can get those insurance from post office but road tax will need to be done at JPJ.

summeracres
post Dec 10 2013, 10:56 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(farisjo @ Nov 19 2013, 12:47 PM)
Hello guys,

I have a question, I'm quite new in this. Let's say if the buyer still has a sum of outstanding balance with the bank and he is selling me the car at a lower price from the outstanding. Should owner settle the outstanding first and only then I apply for the loan or ?????

What are the steps needs to be taken. Really lost.
Someone replied just a few post above.

QUOTE(empty1339 @ Oct 31 2013, 09:02 AM)
Basically, if the buyer take loan, and let say if you still owe bank with car loan, then either one of the bank will act like the middle man, inform them how much is the car, and after deduct your loan balance, the bank will return it back to you. that was my experience, hope it helps
summeracres
post Dec 10 2013, 10:59 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Dec 9 2013, 06:13 PM)
If i sell my car - do i have to pay for insurance for another party? or does he/she need to buy that insurance?
When you sell your car, you'll need to terminate existing road tax and insurance then only the new owner will need to buy the insurance. And no, not you to pay. Why do you need to pay for it? Hehe
thefryingfox
post Dec 10 2013, 07:17 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,085 posts

QUOTE(summeracres @ Dec 10 2013, 10:59 AM)
When you sell your car, you'll need to terminate existing road tax and insurance then only the new owner will need to buy the insurance. And no, not you to pay. Why do you need to pay for it? Hehe
Just covering all angles. So isit right to say that for the sale, the buyer has to bear all the fees associated with the sale?
summeracres
post Dec 10 2013, 10:27 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Dec 10 2013, 07:17 PM)
Just covering all angles. So isit right to say that for the sale, the buyer has to bear all the fees associated with the sale?
Yes correct. I've written a guide on selling car directly to buyer. Here's the link http://www.street-love.net/2013/12/complet...r-malaysia.html

This post has been edited by summeracres: Dec 10 2013, 10:28 PM
post Dec 11 2013, 09:21 PM

2 posts

hi everyone, what happen if i want to sell my car but the road tax already expired since mar 2012?
summeracres
post Dec 12 2013, 09:17 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(0909210886 @ Dec 11 2013, 09:21 PM)
hi everyone, what happen if i want to sell my car but the road tax already expired since mar 2012?
Nothing will happen. You will only have problem driving the car for Puspakom inspection since it's now illegal on the road and you need to pay more for Premier Mobile Inspection (PMI) Door-to-Door Services inspection.
imran
post Dec 16 2013, 01:29 AM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(imran @ Dec 9 2013, 12:24 AM)
hi, anyone who knows how long it takes to change the name from foreigner user to local m'sia user ?
TSWira_lover
post Dec 22 2013, 12:54 PM

Casual
315 posts

Hi imran,

Not sure how long it takes but it should be the same time... but documentation might differ...
be7a
post Dec 29 2013, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

I am selling the car with outstanding from bank and the buyer is applying loan from same bank. Today the officer ask me for original geran and insurance cover note. And he say that bank will do the name transfer. Is this normal procedure? How will I know I will get my full settled amount before the car ownership change??
cherryl9
post Dec 29 2013, 08:08 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

I am trying to buy a bike from my neigbor, but he doesn't have malaysian citizenship anymore (is now a singaporean), and he said it rendered him not able to sell the bike. Is it true?
summeracres
post Dec 29 2013, 09:20 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(be7a @ Dec 29 2013, 03:39 PM)
I am selling the car with outstanding from bank and the buyer is applying loan from same bank. Today the officer ask me for original geran and insurance cover note. And he say that bank will do the name transfer. Is this normal procedure? How will I know I will get my full settled amount before the car ownership change??
It's normal. If you don't give the registration card, how will they be able to do name transfer? You won't get the money before change of ownership. Bank will only process the disbursement AFTER that.

I've wrote the procedure of buying & selling used car here http://www.street-love.net/2013/12/complet...r-malaysia.html
TSWira_lover
post Dec 30 2013, 12:43 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(be7a @ Dec 29 2013, 03:39 PM)
yes this is normal, the bank will hire their own runner to perform the change name process once they have obtained all documents from seller and buyer.

The bank will issue a payment to you normally via cheque once the loan and deposit(balance cash from loan) is paid up to your bank....the bank will have all the documents in black and white for proof of purchase.
TSWira_lover
post Dec 30 2013, 12:46 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(cherryl9 @ Dec 29 2013, 08:08 PM)
I am trying to buy a bike from my neigbor, but he doesn't have malaysian citizenship anymore (is now a singaporean), and he said it rendered him not able to sell the bike. Is it true?
not so sure on this but i have heard that once you convert as a spore citizen their MY license etc is invalid...so not sure why he cant sell the bike though... perhaps there will be an issue in the transfer of ownership as he is no longer a m'sia citizen,,,
cherryl9
post Dec 30 2013, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Dec 30 2013, 12:46 AM)
not so sure on this but i have heard that once you convert as a spore citizen their MY license etc is invalid...so not sure why he cant sell the bike though... perhaps there will be an issue in the transfer of ownership as he is no longer a m'sia citizen,,,
Thanks! do you know if there is anyway to make the transfer work though?
TSWira_lover
post Dec 30 2013, 07:17 PM

Casual
315 posts

tbh if this is a cash transaction the sale can go through still, just that the change of ownership part, best to get a runner from JB to use their magic... as im sure over in jb this could be a very common situation.
vergas
post Jan 3 2014, 11:26 AM

Regular
1,456 posts

Any good recommendation for a runner in Klang Valley? Want to transfer car between family members.
tangtang22
post Jan 3 2014, 11:57 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(vergas @ Jan 3 2014, 11:26 AM)
Any good recommendation for a runner in Klang Valley? Want to transfer car between family members.
Suggest u to go urself as mysikap does not allow runners anymore.

Furthermore, its actually a straightforward process.
ongdennis
post Jan 4 2014, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
761 posts

Planning to get a used car recently but then the seller had converted the engine 1 year ago and not yet endorsed at jpj for the new engine.

What will be the procedure if I want to buy that car (cash sale)?

the seller say can endorse n change the ownership at the sametime.
Rishi
post Jan 9 2014, 07:36 AM

8 posts

Hey Guys,

I am currently purchasing a 2nd hand car from a dealder. He is charging me 600 bucks for registration and 600 bucks for inspection.

Would you be kind enough to advice if I am being taken for a ride?

Warm Regards
Rishi
tangtang22
post Jan 9 2014, 09:09 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Rishi @ Jan 9 2014, 07:36 AM)
Hey Guys,

I am currently purchasing a 2nd hand car from a dealder. He is charging me 600 bucks for registration and 600 bucks for inspection.

Warm Regards
Rishi
U decide urself -- Fee to change ownership/registration is only RM100 at JPJ counter. Car inspection at Puspakom is only RM30.

Rishi
post Jan 9 2014, 10:08 AM

8 posts

Mate,

I couldnt be more greatful and appreciative of your reply. I cannot wait to have my next conversation with my dealer.

It's going to be an interesting session.

Thank you!
summeracres
post Jan 9 2014, 11:02 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(Rishi @ Jan 9 2014, 07:36 AM)
Hey Guys,

Warm Regards
Rishi
Definitely taken for a ride. Even if you buy directly from seller, bank will charge RM400 for everything including runner fee. So either way 1.2k is too much.
cheekin36
post Jan 16 2014, 04:51 PM

7 posts

Just done transfer of ownership on one of my car. I did it on my self. very simple, only need to go 2 different place:-
1. 8am morning que at puspakom to do inspection B5, make sure u do not have black tinted. Once your turn within 30mins can get everything done. Puspakom inspection fee RM30.
2. 2nd day go JPJ transfer name. Bring new owner photo copy IC. New owner must come too. Then fill in few pieces form. Once your turn can finish all process within 10 mins. JPJ transfer fee RM100
cheekin36
post Jan 16 2014, 04:52 PM

7 posts

Just done transfer of ownership on one of my car. I did it on my self. very simple, only need to go 2 different place:-
1. 8am morning que at puspakom to do inspection B5, make sure u do not have black tinted. Once your turn within 30mins can get everything done. Puspakom inspection fee RM30.
2. 2nd day go JPJ transfer name. Bring new owner photo copy IC. New owner must come too. Then fill in few pieces form. Once your turn can finish all process within 10 mins. JPJ transfer fee RM100
DreamChaser
post Jan 19 2014, 01:06 PM

Dreamer
2,154 posts

anyone can enlighten on the procedure for transferring my deceased father's car to my name? what forms are required and any special procedures required? thx!
TSWira_lover
post Jan 23 2014, 09:49 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(DreamChaser @ Jan 19 2014, 01:06 PM)
anyone can enlighten on the procedure for transferring my deceased father's car to my name? what forms are required and any special procedures required? thx!
my condolences bro.. not familiar for this procedure... is the car fully paid or still got a hire purchase?
DreamChaser
post Jan 24 2014, 03:04 PM

Dreamer
2,154 posts

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Jan 23 2014, 09:49 PM)
my condolences bro.. not familiar for this procedure... is the car fully paid or still got a hire purchase?
car already fully paid. smile.gif grant and all LA with us now...
TSWira_lover
post Jan 24 2014, 09:45 PM

Casual
315 posts

alright .. if its fully paid should be ok... shouldnt have much of a prob as long as you got all the documents such geran etc...the only diff in this case i belive you need to include your late dad documents such as death certificate etc... there is a form which should be different for the change name...it will be tukar nama secara tidak sukarela something like that.

so as long as you have ur dad's ic , death cert, that form and insurance for the car under your name....they should be able to complete the process.... just drop by jpj and can do yourself or hire a runner. but best to do your self if you have the time.
DreamChaser
post Jan 26 2014, 01:05 AM

Dreamer
2,154 posts

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Jan 24 2014, 09:45 PM)
alright .. if its fully paid should be ok... shouldnt have much of a prob as long as you got all the documents such geran etc...the only diff in this case i belive you need to include your late dad documents such as death certificate etc... there is a form which should be different for the change name...it will be tukar nama secara tidak sukarela something like that.

so as long as you have ur dad's ic , death cert, that form and insurance for the car under your name....they should be able to complete the process.... just drop by jpj and can do yourself or hire a runner. but best to do your self if you have the time.
great, thanks! thumbup.gif
boysrule
post Jan 26 2014, 05:40 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

Hi guys... Need your comment whether my tint will pass puspakom for ownership change. Changing name within family that's why the need to save the tint. Currently using Llumar Crystal 6 jpj compliant but worried about the coloured window. Kindly refer to photo attached for detailed info.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fk9d1npht58xn57/P...5%2035%20PM.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogxkk4zwkwkca3u/P...6%2021%20PM.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec21nm70vraskzq/P...6%2010%20PM.jpg

Sorry some bug/error using the upload attachment function with iPhone... Pls refer to Dropbox link TQ

This post has been edited by boysrule: Jan 26 2014, 05:42 PM
TSWira_lover
post Jan 26 2014, 09:32 PM

Casual
315 posts

the tint by view wont really be able to see. they use a device to scan...if it fails...they will ask you if want to tear or not... if they tear for you it will be a crappy job and end up have to send to shop to wash/clean... if pass then its good. .. if you got cert or such to show jpj for your tint maybe ok... but again... its all up to that scanner they use
boysrule
post Jan 26 2014, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

Tint shop not gonna cover puspakom. Most probably I will need to re-tint and say bye bye to the 1 yr old tint.
TSWira_lover
post Jan 27 2014, 12:36 AM

Casual
315 posts

most likely that will be the outcome...to avoid any issues best do without that tint or test luck when you go in...if they say tear just tear
nj922
post Jan 29 2014, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

Hi,
I am buying my company used car. Currently my company has already cancelled the insurance but the road tax still valid until May. My loan is still in progress, the car ownership hasn't changed to me. Please advice can I buy insurance for this car?
summeracres
post Jan 29 2014, 06:06 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(nj922 @ Jan 29 2014, 05:57 PM)
Hi,
I am buying my company used car. Currently my company has already cancelled the insurance but the road tax still valid until May. My loan is still in progress, the car ownership hasn't changed to me. Please advice can I buy insurance for this car?
It doesn't work this way. The road tax need to be cancelled before cancelling the insurance. Just go to any insurance company and purchase a new insurance after that.
nj922
post Jan 29 2014, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(summeracres @ Jan 29 2014, 06:06 PM)
It doesn't work this way. The road tax need to be cancelled before cancelling the insurance. Just go to any insurance company and purchase a new insurance after that.
Erm, so you mean my company hasn't cancelled the insurance? The road tax is still valid and stick to the mirror. But I am not sure whether is it still insured or not...
summeracres
post Jan 29 2014, 07:18 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(nj922 @ Jan 29 2014, 06:37 PM)
Erm, so you mean my company hasn't cancelled the insurance? The road tax is still valid and stick to the mirror. But I am not sure whether is it still insured or not...
Means you cannot buy insurance first if the current road tax has not been cancelled. To cancel just tear off the R/T and walk-in to JPJ for cancellation.
nj922
post Jan 30 2014, 07:51 AM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(summeracres @ Jan 29 2014, 07:18 PM)
Means you cannot buy insurance first if the current road tax has not been cancelled. To cancel just tear off the R/T and walk-in to JPJ for cancellation.
From what I know the company bought new car and then transfer the current insurance policy to the new car. .. is that possible?
How can I check whether my car is insured?
nj922
post Feb 5 2014, 07:43 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

any way to avoid from tearing the windscreen tinting film during puspakom inspection?
victor1985
post Feb 5 2014, 11:36 PM

23 posts

Hi All Sifus,

I have a motor which was fully paid but the shop did not update JPJ on the status ( was told by the shop it was done online but when I went to jpj I was told otherwise). Further, the shop did not provide me with the letter that state I have fully paid for the motor and the shop has closes since 2010. I have went JPJ for advise and according to them, I need to get a court order in order to change the ownership name.

Do you knows any law firms / runners that provide service for change of ownership which required a court order in Penang (preferably in island)? I have asked this in serious kopitiam and yet to received any reply.
fishmango
post Feb 13 2014, 10:47 AM

Enthusiast
765 posts

Hi All Sifus,

For ownership transfer, if the used car got exhaust pipe leak, what will happen to B5 or B7 test?
wiraone
post Feb 13 2014, 11:35 AM

Who cares about all the stars?
3,784 posts

QUOTE(cheekin36 @ Jan 16 2014, 04:51 PM)
Do we need to do an appointment first for Puspakom Wangsa Maju? I need to change my old car to my daughter so she could build up her insurance NCD.

This post has been edited by wiraone: Feb 13 2014, 11:36 AM
cheekin36
post Feb 13 2014, 01:20 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(wiraone @ Feb 13 2014, 12:35 PM)
Do we need to do an appointment first for Puspakom Wangsa Maju? I need to change my old car to my daughter so she could build up her insurance NCD.
I did my inspection at Melaka. U can chk puspakom website and get the puspakom wangsa maju phone number and call them for double confirm. All puspakom should open at 8pm.
cheekin36
post Feb 13 2014, 01:27 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(wiraone @ Feb 13 2014, 12:35 PM)
Just some friendly reminder if you transfer ur car ownership to ur daughter, yes she can bulit up the her NCD year by year. But if your current 55% NCD is not transfer to any of car that own by you then your 55% NCD will drop year by year until 0% in 5 years time.
wiraone
post Feb 13 2014, 02:13 PM

3,784 posts

QUOTE(cheekin36 @ Feb 13 2014, 01:27 PM)
Just some friendly reminder if you transfer ur car ownership to ur daughter, yes she can bulit up the her NCD year by year. But if your current 55% NCD is not transfer to any of car that own by you then your 55% NCD will drop year by year until 0% in 5 years time.
Mine already transferred to my new car, my renewal notice came last week, need to pay full again.
mtgh
post Feb 14 2014, 12:31 AM

Getting Started
214 posts

I am a company director and selling off a company car.
Do I need additional forms for puspakom and transfer?
Or the standard forms are adequate
Thanks
kirin2288
post Feb 24 2014, 12:22 PM

7 posts

Can anyone tell me where can I find Pesuruhjaya Sumpah/Commisionner of Oaths?
i'm located in Sungai buloh area.
skyammo
post Feb 24 2014, 05:32 PM

Casual
408 posts

what is the latest update rate for the car inspection? and what is the rates for runners nowadays?
piritasteradoul
post Feb 25 2014, 09:48 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(kirin2288 @ Feb 24 2014, 12:22 PM)
Can anyone tell me where can I find Pesuruhjaya Sumpah/Commisionner of Oaths?
i'm located in Sungai buloh area.
At court, cheaper. Outside usually nearby law firm got. Their banner not big one, you have to see closely.
prescott2006
post Feb 27 2014, 11:14 AM

Enthusiast
778 posts

What are the procedures if I want to change the car owner from my father to me? It's a 18 years car so is not tied with any loan. Because of the age of the car and my father who is 67 years old, I think should change the name to start collecting NCD since there will be 30% anyway whenever I buy insurance.

This post has been edited by prescott2006: Feb 27 2014, 11:16 AM
lowya
post Feb 28 2014, 01:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,520 posts

can JPJ approve transfer if only the buyer bring the seller's signed transfer forms at counter? this is for the case the car dealer sell at cheap price hence buyer do the transfer without seller.
ah_fui
post Mar 6 2014, 05:34 PM

technical potatoz
858 posts

i wnat to ask if i want to change ownership to my friend from me, i just need to go puspakom do inspection and submit change ownership form ?

how about my current NCB ? NCB will follow driver or car owner ?
how about the car insurance ?

the car is loan free.

thx.
qinshun87
post Mar 9 2014, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

Today went to 2nd car dealer. They quote me rm1350 for the car inspection and change name. Not include insurance. Is it reasonable ?
wiraone
post Mar 10 2014, 02:28 PM

3,784 posts

QUOTE(qinshun87 @ Mar 9 2014, 09:21 PM)
Today went to 2nd car dealer. They quote me rm1350 for the car inspection and change name. Not include insurance. Is it reasonable ?
Wow, that is expensive. For voluntary charge of ownership, it should cost you rm100 + puspakom test, should be less than rm200 altogether if you're doing on your own.
nutriace88
post Mar 17 2014, 07:15 AM

Getting Started
117 posts

used car shop not allow us do the inspect + charge of ownership
post Mar 17 2014, 03:58 PM

2 posts

is there any way to sell the car if the owner is not in malaysia? (already gone back to his country)
LDP
post Mar 26 2014, 11:28 AM

Casual
324 posts

Hi all,

I did the car ownership transfer by myself recently. It might sound intimidating initially, but, it is not rocket science :-)

Assuming that it is a private vehicle, you need to do your car inspection at Puspakom first. You call even call their number, and make an appointment. I did the inspection at Glenmarie. You can only reserved your time slot, 3 days before the day of inspection. I called them and went there on Saturday morning. You can google more on the opening hours for Puspakom as certain branch are open on 2nd and 4th Sat of the month.

The cost of inspection is RM30. After the inspection, you will be given a report. Keep that report as you need it later at JPJ. The report is valid for 30 days ONLY !!!

I waited for around 30 minutes for the inspection and another 15 minutes for the report. Overall, it took me an hour to complete the inspection, as my car did not have any tint.

After that you can go JPJ to transfer the ownership.

If both the buyer and seller are going to JPJ, then, pls bring the following:

1. Original IC as they hv to verify the identitty of the buyer and seller
2. Geran: Original and photocopy
3. New Insurance Policy - Cover Note. Actually, the lady at the counter informed us that this is no longer necessary, as everything is in their computer nowadays. But then I brought it along.
4. Certificate from Puspakom
5. Borang TM -1 (Download it first before going)
6. Borang JPJ K3 (Download it first before going)
7. Borang JPJ K6 - Pembayaran Balik Road Tax (Can download but then I end up redoing it as there is a new version of the form).
8. Road Tax Sticker since you want to terminate the existing one and apply for a new one
9. Photocopy of the seller's bank statement (The road tax refund will be banked into your account afterwards.)

I paid RM 100 just for penukaran hakmilik secara sukarela. I went there around 7.35, and I left the office by 8.40 am. I took me an hour to do it, as I was the fifth person in the queue. I have also paid for the new road tax on the spot, and was given the new road tax sticker within minutes. And the effective date of the new road tax will automatically follow the effective date of your new car insurance policy !!!

princeb0b0
post Mar 27 2014, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(LDP @ Mar 26 2014, 11:28 AM)
Hi all,

I did the car ownership transfer by myself recently. It might sound intimidating initially, but, it is not rocket science :-)

Assuming that it is a private vehicle, you need to do your car inspection at Puspakom first. You call even call their number, and make an appointment. I did the inspection at Glenmarie. You can only reserved your time slot, 3 days before the day of inspection. I called them and went there on Saturday morning. You can google more on the opening hours for Puspakom as certain branch are open on 2nd and 4th Sat of the month.

The cost of inspection is RM30. After the inspection, you will be given a report. Keep that report as you need it later at JPJ. The report is valid for 30 days ONLY !!!

I waited for around 30 minutes for the inspection and another 15 minutes for the report. Overall, it took me an hour to complete the inspection, as my car did not have any tint.

3. New Insurance Policy - Cover Note. Actually, the lady at the counter informed us that this is no longer necessary, as everything is in their computer nowadays. But then I brought it along.
7. Borang JPJ K6 - Pembayaran Balik Road Tax (Can download but then I end up redoing it as there is a new version of the form).
8. Road Tax Sticker since you want to terminate the existing one and apply for a new one
9. Photocopy of the seller's bank statement (The road tax refund will be banked into your account afterwards.)

I paid RM 100 just for penukaran hakmilik secara sukarela. I went there around 7.35, and I left the office by 8.40 am. I took me an hour to do it, as I was the fifth person in the queue. I have also paid for the new road tax on the spot, and was given the new road tax sticker within minutes. And the effective date of the new road tax will automatically follow the effective date of your new car insurance policy !!!
bro, item 5,6&7 are for the transfor of ownership right? where can i get those forms. also i assume u didnt do a hire purchase inspection? just wondering where the fund transfer slots in. especially if the new buyer is getting a HP loan.
Alidavidsun
post Mar 28 2014, 01:35 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Im in the process of buying a used car, took loan from Ambank but the banker said they will handle the ownership transfer using their runnner and the fee is RM350. From what I checked if I do it myself the fee is just bout RM150 correct? Is RM350 reasonable or they're making a big profit.

I was told 1st April onwards, both buyer and seller have to be present at JPJ to verify their thumprint. Then the runner's job will be just to prepare paperwork and submit. Paying about RM200+ for paperwork service sounds kinda cut throat to me.
alxdc
post Mar 31 2014, 03:30 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

Guys I need help
I'm selling my car and my loan settle amount is 60k. Buyer planning to take 20k loan and pay 40k cash to settle my loan.

The problem now is they say the new rulling that I have to settle my own car settlement then only the buyer can apply loan for my car.
This make no sense. How am I going to settle my car loan?

Please anyone know what's the new ruling now? How to sell my car?
Peggy Khor
post Mar 31 2014, 08:12 PM

19 posts

Hi all sifus,

Is it confirm all banks didn't accept walk in customer for used car loan application ? I tried Maybank & public bank which are not accept walk in application except from used car dealer . Any sifus know any bank that offer that ?
kethon27
post Apr 2 2014, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
111 posts

Peggy Khor, Yes and No. It depends on bank to accept individual walk in. Try to walk in to smaller branch. it is good if you know someone from any bank inside. Other bank than KL or Selangor territory would be easier such as Ipoh or Seremban area.

They do not have such policy do not accept walk-in customer but due to trouble from the past experience, they rather prefer not to accept but you can ask them their panel runner. Good Luck
kethon27
post Apr 2 2014, 09:12 AM

Getting Started
111 posts

Latest update asof 2014 April from JPJ: New Buyer and Seller need to present together to JPJ for biometric reader thumbprint scan for the vehicle ownership transfer.

This applies when purchasing used car from individual and car dealer as well.
Even car dealer has 'runner', the new buyer has to present for the thumbprint. Not sure on recond-vehicle.

Alternatively, Seller submit forms and does the thumbprint scan in any JPJ branch, the new Buyer will only given 7 days after then to visit any JPJ branch for the ownership vehicle transfer completion.

This is due to JPJ sort of implementing stream-line system all across Malaysia.
alxdc
post Apr 3 2014, 10:06 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

I heard the new rulling has been postpone. Is that true ?
synical
post Apr 15 2014, 12:48 PM

Getting Started
286 posts

Hi,

My dad wants to transfer ownership of one of his cars to me (the kid) for NCD purposes (not sure why, can anyone explain?). Car already paid for in full, so no loans to worry about. I've already gotten the PUSPAKOM inspection and most of the JPJ forms I think I need. Just need to bring parent along.

The only area I'm blur about is the car insurance policy and road tax - would I have to get a new insurance policy and how do I get existing road tax cancelled and have a new one in place, etc? Do I have to do all this before going to JPJ, or can I get all that done there?

Thanks for reading.
danielisme
post May 10 2014, 11:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,154 posts

Need advised , my car just done puspakom inspection and change name from company name to my individual name on 30 April . Now the car I want to sell to new buyer ( loan ) so my question is my car need to do another puspakom inspection not ? Can I straight do change name ?
Chrix
post May 12 2014, 02:34 PM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(synical @ Apr 15 2014, 12:48 PM)
Hi,

My dad wants to transfer ownership of one of his cars to me (the kid) for NCD purposes (not sure why, can anyone explain?). Car already paid for in full, so no loans to worry about. I've already gotten the PUSPAKOM inspection and most of the JPJ forms I think I need. Just need to bring parent along.

The only area I'm blur about is the car insurance policy and road tax - would I have to get a new insurance policy and how do I get existing road tax cancelled and have a new one in place, etc? Do I have to do all this before going to JPJ, or can I get all that done there?

Thanks for reading.
You have to buy insurance as the owner & insured must be the same person. Insured period can exceed roadtax, not vise versa, so depending on the current road tax. Cancellation of roadtax can be done at JPJ during change of name, balance will be refunded but need to fill in form & must photocopy bank book with account details.

Yes, all this BEFORE you go JPJ, they are the last step.

QUOTE(danielisme @ May 10 2014, 11:17 PM)
Need advised , my car just done puspakom inspection and change name from company name to my individual name on 30 April . Now the car I want to sell to new buyer ( loan ) so my question is my car need to do another puspakom inspection not ? Can I straight do change name ?
Inspection is valid for 1 month, however since you mentioned the previous inspection done for the first name change and you no longer have the PUSPAKOM cert of inspection, which you will need to produce during change of ownership at JPJ, I would guess you'd have to do inspection again... Call up PUSPAKOM & JPJ to clarify.
synical
post May 12 2014, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
286 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ May 12 2014, 02:34 PM)
You have to buy insurance as the owner & insured must be the same person. Insured period can exceed roadtax, not vise versa, so depending on the current road tax. Cancellation of roadtax can be done at JPJ during change of name, balance will be refunded but need to fill in form & must photocopy bank book with account details.

Inspection is valid for 1 month, however since you mentioned the previous inspection done for the first name change and you no longer have the PUSPAKOM cert of inspection, which you will need to produce during change of ownership at JPJ, I would guess you'd have to do inspection again... Call up PUSPAKOM & JPJ to clarify.
Thanks for the reply - insurance and road tax already lapsed before we got round to going to JPJ, so only had to do it afterwards..
kathlynn
post May 15 2014, 12:57 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

Transferring car between family members. Instead of both parties being present at JPJ, any ways around that? Thanks
zenwell
post May 15 2014, 02:34 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

I have a question to ask: if I want to buy a second hand car, but don't want the number that comes with it, I want to buy a new and upcoming number from jpj, is it possible? if yes how is it done? thanks!
bengang13
post May 17 2014, 11:29 AM

On my way
624 posts

hi guys,

can i know what is this?

Surat/Keratan pembatalan tuntutan hakmilik pemilik berdaftar (selain e-Hakmilik);

thanks
echoesian
post May 17 2014, 04:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,211 posts

I wanna sell my car with fully settled loan, found a potential buyer, he wanted to buy with loan, he said the bank ask the owner to go to JPJ to do a "search" before they can approve the loan to him. The search is the ensure that the car is free of blacklist, summons, etc. This is the first time I'm hearing this, is there such a thing?

This post has been edited by echoesian: May 17 2014, 04:26 PM
bengang13
post May 19 2014, 01:08 PM

On my way
624 posts

I am not at jpj. Apparently both the owner and buyer needs to be here. Now they are using biometric. Which makes me wonder how the runner does it.
daniel7910
post May 27 2014, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(echoesian @ May 17 2014, 04:26 PM)
I wanna sell my car with fully settled loan, found a potential buyer, he wanted to buy with loan, he said the bank ask the owner to go to JPJ to do a "search" before they can approve the loan to him. The search is the ensure that the car is free of blacklist, summons, etc. This is the first time I'm hearing this, is there such a thing?
Some of the bank will ask for it..

giftfre
post May 27 2014, 10:28 AM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ May 12 2014, 02:34 PM)

I doesn't have bank book, then how?
giftfre
post May 27 2014, 10:55 AM

Casual
300 posts

I saw there are Borang Akuan Pembeli (JPJ-SAB02)-2 and Borang Akuan Penjual (JPJ-SAB01)-1, do i need to bring this part to Pesuruhjaya Sumpah then pass to JPJ?
Matrix
post May 30 2014, 08:23 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(LDP @ Mar 26 2014, 11:28 AM)
Hi all,

[COLOR=red]

For this:
8. Means i have to rip off the current car sticker?? How leh if stick to window? Sure will be torn off!
9. You mean latest statement? Or they just want the account no? New accounts nowadays don't have bank book anymore, just ATM cards. Photostat ATM card can do?
Gemal
post Jun 1 2014, 02:18 PM

6 posts

Dear Sifu,

Need advise here. In the process of buying a private owned vehicle from a friend. Hire purchase loan has been approved and waiting to be signed. One problem is that the road tax of this car is expired. How should i proceed for the puspakom inspection and jpj transfer of ownership? Thanks in advance!
bengang13
post Jun 4 2014, 03:04 PM

On my way
624 posts

QUOTE(Gemal @ Jun 1 2014, 02:18 PM)
Dear Sifu,

Need advise here. In the process of buying a private owned vehicle from a friend. Hire purchase loan has been approved and waiting to be signed. One problem is that the road tax of this car is expired. How should i proceed for the puspakom inspection and jpj transfer of ownership? Thanks in advance!
I also did mine with the expired road tax. No issue. Just make sure you don't get stop by the police. That's all. Puspakom won't check your road tax. And you can renew it when you change name at jpj
Gemal
post Jun 5 2014, 06:03 PM

6 posts

Aiyo, scary. Thanks for sharing. Just found out from jpj, we can apply for 1 to 3 days permit as long as your vehicle is insured.
bengang13
post Jun 7 2014, 07:20 PM

On my way
624 posts

QUOTE(Gemal @ Jun 5 2014, 06:03 PM)
Aiyo, scary. Thanks for sharing. Just found out from jpj, we can apply for 1 to 3 days permit as long as your vehicle is insured.
Then your insurance date and road tax won't be the same day no?
LDP
post Jun 10 2014, 10:34 AM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ May 30 2014, 08:23 AM)
For this:
8. Means i have to rip off the current car sticker?? How leh if stick to window? Sure will be torn off!
9. You mean latest statement? Or they just want the account no? New accounts nowadays don't have bank book anymore, just ATM cards. Photostat ATM card can do?
Hi,

Sorry for my late reply as I have been busy.

8. My road tax sticker was still in good condition when I removed it from my windscreen. You can slowly peel it off without tearing it.
9. I printed out the bank statement from the internet.
post Jun 13 2014, 12:14 AM

Starry Starry Night
1,671 posts

Okay,i got some question to ask here.

I got a car registered under a private limited company and i want to transfer ownership. What is the proper procedure to do it?

popcorn1212
post Jun 24 2014, 04:29 PM

1 posts

juz got back fr bank. Banker said latest rule - Seller have to settle the loan before buyer can proceed to apply loan. Anyone could advise me on this? Banker say I must settle my loan before I can sell it. NO contra anymore due to new JPJ rule.
Matrix
post Jun 26 2014, 09:28 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(popcorn1212 @ Jun 24 2014, 04:29 PM)
juz got back fr bank. Banker said latest rule - Seller have to settle the loan before buyer can proceed to apply loan. Anyone could advise me on this? Banker say I must settle my loan before I can sell it. NO contra anymore due to new JPJ rule.
Hmm...you sell direct or to used car dealer? If like this....have to take personal loan, settle car loan, then get payment from buyer, then pay back personal loan??? Rugi on interest wei....sweat.gif

Anyone else can confirm?

popcorn1212
post Jun 26 2014, 06:22 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ Jun 26 2014, 09:28 AM)
Hmm...you sell direct or to used car dealer? If like this....have to take personal loan, settle car loan, then get payment from buyer, then pay back personal loan??? Rugi on interest wei....sweat.gif

Anyone else can confirm?
i sell to direct buyer. Thought i can get better price by selling by my own. According to banker rule amended on 1june. Really need someone specialist to advise on this.
JamesCWK
post Jun 27 2014, 05:36 PM

18 posts

anyone can confirm that the transfer of ownership can be done thru the jpj online portal at this moment? thanks.
reeve-826
post Jul 4 2014, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
283 posts

Hi everyone,

1.)Can we transfer the car ownership without settle up the remaining hire purchase loan?
2.)The current insurance with NCD able to transfer ownership to new buyer?
3.) When we settle up the remaining car loan, is it exclude loan interest and just pay the remaining principal will do?

Thank You
Xu3r
post Jul 17 2014, 11:41 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

Hi may i know is it possible to pay up loan faster ?
sassyguy
post Jul 18 2014, 10:54 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Xu3r @ Jul 17 2014, 11:41 PM)
Hi may i know is it possible to pay up loan faster ?
If you are refering to your car loan, yes you can pay your loan faster or even early settle it. You just have to let bank know when you want to early settle it and they will calculate amount to pay. It will be less than amount owing as bank will deduct some interest from it due to the earlier payment
cybersim2
post Jul 21 2014, 09:13 PM

Casual
487 posts

I'm selling my car to a buyer using cash term.
Do I need to cancel my road tax and insurance during change of ownership?
Or can I keep the ncb for my future car?
popcorn1212
post Jul 27 2014, 12:16 PM

1 posts

Do i need to cancel my insurance prior to ownership transfer ? Or i can cancel it only after my car buyer buy another new insurance policy?
ahter
post Jul 30 2014, 10:50 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(JamesCWK @ Jun 27 2014, 05:36 PM)
anyone can confirm that the transfer of ownership can be done thru the jpj online portal at this moment? thanks.
i think it can be done through MySIKAP for private transfer .. provided bank loan has been settled & puspakom inspection done. MyEG do provide the service as well. https://1mid.myeg.com.my/1MID/FAQ.html
e30
post Aug 4 2014, 12:06 PM

JFT 96
1,188 posts

QUOTE(ahter @ Jul 30 2014, 10:50 PM)
i think it can be done through MySIKAP for private transfer .. provided bank loan has been settled & puspakom inspection done. MyEG do provide the service as well.  https://1mid.myeg.com.my/1MID/FAQ.html
hi, do you know the payment methods available for MySikap transactions?

Debit card or online banking transfer possible?
ahter
post Aug 4 2014, 12:43 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

i tried but cannot proceed because dont have puspakom test result yet.
if i'm not mistaken, payment to be made by the buyer through online payment / credit card. check myeg website as the process is more or less the same. just that they charge service fee.
e30
post Aug 4 2014, 02:34 PM

JFT 96
1,188 posts

QUOTE(ahter @ Aug 4 2014, 12:43 PM)
i tried but cannot proceed because dont have puspakom test result yet.
if i'm not mistaken, payment to be made by the buyer through online payment / credit card. check myeg website as the process is more or less the same. just that they charge service fee.
Hi, just to reconfirm my understanding, MySikap and 1MID are 2 different things rite? but ownership transfer can be done using either MySikap and MYEG?

Planning to do online ownership transfer, the Seller is a foreigner so does not have an IC, is it possible for him to register for MySikap as well?
ahter
post Aug 4 2014, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(e30 @ Aug 4 2014, 02:34 PM)
Hi, just to reconfirm my understanding,  MySikap and 1MID are 2 different things rite? but ownership transfer can be done using either MySikap and MYEG? yes, 2 different system but i believe 1M1D (owned by MyEG) is interfaced with MySikap (owned by JPJ) ...

Planning to do online ownership transfer, the Seller is a foreigner so does not have an IC, is it possible for him to register for MySikap as well?    to register MySikap u'll need IC as the JPJ officer will verify and scan yr thumbprint. temporary password will be send to yr email address. not sure about foreigner though ...
jys
post Aug 4 2014, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

anybody heard about double transfer before? Can do that? Owner passed away, executor of the will want to sell the car. car still under owner's name, so when got buyer, straight away transfer from owner to executor then to new owner.

Can be done? how many times car inspection if do like that?
e30
post Aug 4 2014, 05:41 PM

JFT 96
1,188 posts

QUOTE(ahter @ Aug 4 2014, 02:50 PM)

Thanks. I just went to jpj to get my IC registered for MySikap.
Asked him is it possible for a foreigner to register for MySikap, but he says its for Malaysians only. Thats conflicting with the MySikap portal which says its also possible for passport and PR holders as well. I guess my question to him was specific to transfer of ownership, which means foreigners will need to be present at JPJ to perform the transfer.

I guess to be safe i'll just go to jpj with the seller to sort out the transfer manually.
pakmat86
post Aug 4 2014, 10:20 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Oct 19 2011, 01:42 PM)
Ive seen this question quite a few times here and there, just thought ill do a short step by step write up to help those who needs to DIY cause runner fee's are RIDICULOUS.

1. Buyer and seller to discuss who will pay for inspection and change of ownership fee's.
-Inspection Rm30
-Change Name - Rm150

2.Seller to bring car to puspakom to complete inspection with geran/registration card. Request for form at the counter. complete inspection and collect the slip/result.
B5/B7 - if new owner is using hire purchase/car loan, once done provide approval slip to bank and bank will do name transfer on their side, you pay the bank rm300-400 depends on the banks...they call this transfer fee if im not mistaken.

-please remove your tint if its too dark yourself by going over to an accesory shop, they can charge between rm30-60 depends on car/place etc.. if not puspakom guys will just tear it off and leave the gum all there or just fail you.

3.Once done, print out chang of ownership form 2 copies or go to the nearest used car dealer and get the form from them. One for buyer and one for seller. A copy of each IC, sign on the form together with right THUMBPRINT. (it is not indicated on the form which finger,so please take note). If buyer or seller are from different states, can be done via courier/post, only original is accepted.

Tukar Milik JPJ Forms

4.Proceed to JPJ for change of name request with geran and all the documents above.

For those who cant go to jpj directly:

Prepare your geran, photocopy of IC buyer and seller and hand over to runner. He will also need the original signed copy of the forms mentioned above.

ADDED:

For those who want, can aslo call puspakom 03-20527474 and schedule an appointment 3 days in advance to come over to your house and perform the inspection Rm100 service fee+rm30. However only certain branches can offer this services, so check at the link above or contact them.
Hello sir... Heard that currently there is new law from gov stating that if seller want to sell his car then he must clear his loan first before he can sell the car to a direct buyer. If like this then how to sell my car? I still got debt of 30k plus? Its hard to find cash buyer... Appreciate ur advice on this... Thanks..

007Loo
post Aug 6 2014, 06:30 PM

16 posts

Hi guys, in the midst of selling my car direct to a buyer. Had outstanding 20K loan with my bank but I've just cleared it last week following the new requirement.

Question:

1. Called my bank and they told me that the Hak Milik Batal will be issued to me and once I have that - they advise for me to go to JPJ to register the car under my name. Is this step necessary or can I do it together when I go with the buyer to do the transfer of ownership?

2. During the transfer of ownership to the buyer, I understand that I can cancel my current road tax at the same time. What about my own motor insurance? Can I do it after?

3. For the buyer, does he need to present his new insurance at the point of doing the transfer of ownership? Can the buyer buy his own insurance if I have not cancelled mine?

Appreciate some advise
skyfever
post Aug 31 2014, 08:31 PM

14 posts

what if the car owner died? can still transfer?

Sylph818
post Sep 1 2014, 01:07 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

Seller Loan settled; Cash Buyer

STEP 1:
PUSPAKOM - Test Car
B5 Form
Remove Tinted
Inspection Fee: RM30

STEP 2:
Commissioners of oath - SUMPAH
Chop & Sign
Both Seller and Buyer
Sumpah for Buyer: http://portal.jpj.gov.my/c/document_librar...c&groupId=10157
Sumpah for Seller: http://portal.jpj.gov.my/c/document_librar...6&groupId=10157

STEP 3:
Seller to call insurance request for NCD transfer
Insurance Company will send statement to seller

STEP 4:
Buyer buy new insurance

STEP 5:
JPJ
Car Geran
2 x K3 Form
2 x Sumpah paper (Both seller and buyer)
2 x Photocopy of IC for Buyer and seller
Photocopy of Insurance Policy
PUSPAKOM Test Paper
Fee: RM150
K3: http://portal.jpj.gov.my/c/document_librar...d&groupId=10157

===============================================================

This is my research, I have some confusion with highlighted statement

1. How can new buyer buy insurance without engine chassis number?
Do I need to provide to the new buyer?

2. When go to JPJ counter, need to cancel roadtax, which insurance policy i need to show them?

3. When do I need to cancel my existing insurance? After ownership transfer or before?

4. Where to go Sumpah? JPJ has the service?

This post has been edited by Sylph818: Sep 1 2014, 01:09 PM
youngman28
post Sep 1 2014, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

Do I need to provide to the new buyer
Yes, u need provide new buyer the photocopy of car reg card

2. When go to JPJ counter, need to cancel roadtax, which insurance policy i need to show them?
Existing insurance

3. When do I need to cancel my existing insurance? After ownership transfer or before?
Before and after also ok, or u can call yr insurance co to cancel it after change of ownership

4.Where to go Sumpah? Jpj hs the service?

Currently, the part of sumpah letter had been discontinue, both the seller and buyer need attend during name transfer. If the seller not able to attend, they need to go to nearest jpj branch to sign-up a document with yrs ic and biometrix thumb print, then you will issue a note/slip called" surat perjanjian jual beli kereta" which have the detail on seller/buyer name, ic no, and also the car reg no, this note/slip will be valid for 7 days. After that, u can bring buyer to do the name transfer. Please ensure yrs ic chip was in working condition, if not, you have to go to JPN to get it change. ( i just do my name tansfer last week)

This post has been edited by youngman28: Sep 1 2014, 02:22 PM
Sylph818
post Sep 1 2014, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

[quote=youngman28,Sep 1 2014, 02:12 PM]

Do I need to provide to the new buyer
Yes, u need provide new buyer the photocopy of car reg card

Existing insurance

Before and after also ok, or u can call yr insurance co to cancel it after change of ownership

4.Currently, the part of sumpah letter had been discontinue, both the seller and buyer need attend during name transfer. If the seller not able to attend, they need to go to nearest jpj branch to sign-up a document with yrs ic and biometrix thumprint, then you will issue a note/slip called" surat perjanjian jual beli kereta" which have the detail on seller/buyer name, ic no, and also the car reg no, this note/slip will be valid for 7 days. After that, u can bring buyer to do the name transfer.( i just do my name tansfer last week)
4. Where to go Sumpah? JPJ has the service?

[/quote]

[/quote]
so no need sumpah anymore?
that's great! rclxms.gif
I heard that new insurance only can purchase after the road tax has been cancel, is that true?
thank you!

This post has been edited by Sylph818: Sep 1 2014, 02:15 PM
youngman28
post Sep 1 2014, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

[quote=Sylph818,Sep 1 2014, 03:14 PM]

[/quote]
that's great! rclxms.gif
I heard that new insurance only can purchase after the road tax has been cancel, is that true?
thank you!

[/quote]

For my case, no, they allow buyer to use my existing r
/tax, but buyer need come with their own insurance.
Sylph818
post Sep 1 2014, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

[quote=youngman28,Sep 1 2014, 02:27 PM]
that's great! rclxms.gif
thank you!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi,

thank you for ur reply
one more thing to ask
I found that under K3 form, it is require to fill insurance company name and the policy number for new owner
is that means that new owner need to buy insurance first before change ownership´╝č
youngman28
post Sep 2 2014, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

[quote=Sylph818,Sep 1 2014, 05:57 PM]

[/quote]

Hi,

thank you for ur reply
one more thing to ask
I found that under K3 form, it is require to fill insurance company name and the policy number for new owner
is that means that new owner need to buy insurance first before change ownership´╝č

[/quote]

Yes, if they want to continue the road tax or buy a new road tax, u need to prepare the insurance. The basic is
JPJ not allow u to drive yrs car without road tax and insurance on the road.
Sylph818
post Sep 11 2014, 08:48 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

I have completed tukar milik kenderaan today successfully
thanks all for the guidance rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

i did puspakom and go jpj to change ownership on the same day

share my exp

condition
owner loan cleared and geren stated hak milik bank dibatalkan
new buyer buy with cash

step 1
provide photocopy of geren for your buyer to buy insurance

step 2
inform your buyer prepare the following items:

1. photocopy of ic
2. buy insurance insurance
3. payment (i request for bank draft)

step 3
call up your buyer to make a date of deal at jpj (2.30pm) then place booking for puspakom at the same day (early morning 8am)

step 4
call to remind ur buyer a day before and ensure he has prepare the items needed

step 5
remove tinted and all illegal items from ur car such as HID or illegal number plate
move all your personal belongings from the car, prepare spare key

step 6
go to puspakom and make sure u get LULUS. RM30 is charged

step 7
meet ur buyer at jpj, collect all documents and register at counter, get form K3 and nombor giliran

step 8
fill up form K3 by owner and buyer, signature is required.

step 9
submit all the documents at the counter
scan thumb print for both owner and buyer
new name printed on geren
pay RM100
DONE

step 10
get payment from buyer, handover the key thumbup.gif

after that, call your insurance agent to cancel insurance and transfer ncd to new car

kidkad
post Sep 12 2014, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Hi all.. I am a buyer.. and will buy using cash.. the condition above is to have the owner loan cleared which he cannot do. How can I pay his loan and at the same time safeguard myself? Thanks for your reply.

For my case will be like this. Is this ok?

Seller arrange for puspakom.

I buy new insurance and transfer my NCD. Use seller's road tax.

I settle seller's loan. Wait bank to release letter pembatalan tuntutan hak milik. Question. How long will it take? Can I get it done on the spot?

Next is go to jpj and do ownership transfer. Any docs that I can use to ensure that the transfer go through if seller suddenly cannot attend?

This post has been edited by kidkad: Sep 12 2014, 10:54 PM
modben
post Sep 17 2014, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
153 posts

would like to seek some advise, if the owner does not have to ability to settle up his hire purchase what should i the buyer do? or what should the owner do?

This post has been edited by modben: Sep 17 2014, 03:42 PM
trapeze
post Sep 28 2014, 03:07 AM

0 posts

hi all,

If i wish to sell off my car, wonder how can I inspect my car while my road tax had expired on early Sept 2014? If I dare to drive to Puspakom, does Puspakom accept car without insurance / road tax for transfer of ownership inspection? Or the PMI is the only solution, that extra cost of $100?

Thx in advance!
Sylph818
post Sep 28 2014, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(trapeze @ Sep 28 2014, 03:07 AM)
hi all,

If i wish to sell off my car, wonder how can I inspect my car while my road tax had expired on early Sept 2014? If I dare to drive to Puspakom, does Puspakom accept car without insurance / road tax for transfer of ownership inspection? Or the PMI is the only solution, that  extra cost of $100?

Thx in advance!
u can call to puspakom ask abt this
youngman28
post Sep 28 2014, 07:10 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(trapeze @ Sep 28 2014, 04:07 AM)
hi all,

If i wish to sell off my car, wonder how can I inspect my car while my road tax had expired on early Sept 2014? If I dare to drive to Puspakom, does Puspakom accept car without insurance / road tax for transfer of ownership inspection? Or the PMI is the only solution, that  extra cost of $100?

Thx in advance!
It depend on puspokom accept the car without the roadtax or not. U might risk to get samon once catch by polis.

Normally, the puspokom conduct inspection on engine no, chasis no, any sambung car issue and glass tinted only( for b5 inspection). Is the jpj to enforce that road user need a insurance and r/tax on your car.

Alternatively, arrange puspakom come to yrs house for inspection, it save u some money on petrol and risk free.
felicious
post Sep 29 2014, 09:34 AM

Regular
Group Icon
VIP
1,416 posts

I'm from Penang, and the car seller is from KL.

As what I read from Sylph818, you can settle everything in a day.
Which area of Puspakom you went?

What if I purchase it with loan? Will it take even longer to settle?
youngman28
post Sep 29 2014, 12:46 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(felicious @ Sep 29 2014, 10:34 AM)
I'm from Penang, and the car seller is from KL.

As what I read from Sylph818, you can settle everything in a day.
Which area of Puspakom you went?

What if I purchase it with loan? Will it take even longer to settle?
If the seller unable to meet you in penang to transfer name, he/she can go to nearby jpj to do the biometrix dumprint first, take the letter and you can do it in penang on others day, but must be within 7 day.

Any puspakom nearby yrs place for yrs convinient.

Take with loan will need longer time, since you need to get loan from bank first, and bank required to do b7 puspakom inspection. Liase with bank on this if you interested.

This post has been edited by youngman28: Sep 29 2014, 12:48 PM
crusher
post Sep 29 2014, 06:57 PM

Regular
1,244 posts

Hi guys,

I am buying company car, converting it to individual car. Today, I've prepared all the forms to transfer the name in JPJ but was asked to prepare for the biometrix thumbprint from seller side in Johor. Basically the seller is from Johor while I am from Selangor.

I've came across with few things to clarify.

1. I am the buyer, can I bring the car for inspection to Puspakom on behalf of seller in Selangor as the car is with me now? If yes, I just need to bring the Geran? (Geran is already with me)

2. To process the biometrix thumbprint in JPJ Johor, we still need to go through the inspection test (RM30) first right? During the biometrix thumbprint, do the seller need to bring anything with him other than IC and JPJK3 form? He need details from me such as my name, IC number, address, but is it fine without the signature?

I've made an appointment to do the inspection tomorrow morning, hopefully can get it done by tomorrow.

It is quite urgent due to the road tax expiry date is on 9th October 2014.

Thanks for your replies.

blurry_mind82
post Sep 30 2014, 10:42 AM

31 posts

hi..anyone know what type of inspection puspakom will do for transfer ownership checking? what will they checking? is it just tinted, 6 car pillars, chasis/engine number? mind to share? TQ
youngman28
post Oct 1 2014, 04:13 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(blurry_mind82 @ Sep 30 2014, 11:42 AM)
hi..anyone know what type of inspection puspakom will do for transfer ownership checking? what will they checking? is it just tinted, 6 car pillars, chasis/engine number? mind to share? TQ
If b5 inspection( without oustanding loan, cash buyer), yes.
B7 will be more thing to check

This post has been edited by youngman28: Oct 1 2014, 04:14 PM
youngman28
post Oct 1 2014, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(crusher @ Sep 29 2014, 07:57 PM)
Hi guys,

I am buying company car, converting it to individual car. Today, I've prepared all the forms to transfer the name in JPJ but was asked to prepare for the biometrix thumbprint from seller side in Johor. Basically the seller is from Johor while I am from Selangor.

I've came across with few things to clarify.

1. I am the buyer, can I bring the car for inspection to Puspakom on behalf of seller in Selangor as the car is with me now? If yes, I just need to bring the Geran? (Geran is already with me)

Yes, original geran is need

2. To process the biometrix thumbprint in JPJ Johor, we still need to go through the inspection test (RM30) first right? During the biometrix thumbprint, do the seller need to bring anything with him other than IC and JPJK3 form? He need details from me such as my name, IC number, address, but is it fine without the signature?

Yes, get the b5 puspakom result  first,
Yes, ic and form, bring his thumb also.
Fine, without signature, after that jpj will issue u with a small note called" surat perjanjian jualbeli "with you. U need to go to any jpj nearby to do the name transfer(valid within 7 days only)

I've made an appointment to do the inspection tomorrow morning, hopefully can get it done by tomorrow.

It is quite urgent due to the road tax expiry date is on 9th October 2014.

Thanks for your replies.
ReadySteadyGo
post Oct 16 2014, 05:44 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Ok ppl, need your help. I am buying a car which is currently being financed by a bank, and the owner is a foreigner. I intend to use the same bank as the rate they offered is competitive. Would like to have feedback - or suggestions -

- i sent my Mykad photostat and 3 months salary credited via screenshot to the bank. They offered 3.5% per annum which is standard. Assuming I agree, will they prepare a loan agreement while asking me or seller to do the following

- me and seller sign an agreement to purchase the car with reg card details with deposit of x amount.
- get the car inspected at Puspakom to get approval slip to bring back to the bank
- bank proceeds to transfer and close the early settlement amount in the seller account
- i sign the loan agreement and then buy a bank draft for the difference of the loan amount to seller.
- I pay for the all the charges - puspakom, - when do i pay the transfer fees to bank etc
-
youngman28
post Oct 20 2014, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(ReadySteadyGo @ Oct 16 2014, 06:44 PM)
Ok ppl, need your help. I am buying a car which is currently being financed by a bank, and the owner is a foreigner. I intend to use the same bank as the rate they offered is competitive. Would like to have feedback - or suggestions -

- i sent my Mykad photostat and 3 months salary credited via screenshot to the bank. They offered 3.5% per annum which is standard. Assuming I agree, will they prepare a loan agreement while asking me or seller to do the following

- me and seller sign an agreement to purchase the car with reg card details with deposit of x amount.
- get the car inspected at Puspakom to get approval slip to bring back to the bank
- bank proceeds to transfer and close the early settlement amount in the seller account
- i sign the loan agreement and then buy a bank draft for the difference of the loan amount to seller.
- I pay for the all the charges - puspakom, - when do i pay the transfer fees to bank etc
-
It all boil down to the bank requirement, bank might ask runner to do the puspakom inspection and name transfer because it much faster and they known what need to prepare for b7 inspection, then all the fees willl charge to owner, it also prevent the car lost due to some incident because you are not the legal owner yet before name transfer.

ReadySteadyGo
post Oct 20 2014, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(youngman28 @ Oct 20 2014, 10:28 AM)
It all boil down to the bank requirement, bank might ask runner to do the puspakom inspection and name transfer because it much faster and they known what need to prepare for b7 inspection, then all the fees willl charge to owner, it also prevent the car lost due to some incident because you are not the legal owner yet before name transfer.
I see - i just wanted to save $ instead of paying runner. If its just 100rm or so then ok because of my working hours during the week cannot get out of office
youngman28
post Oct 22 2014, 10:39 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(ReadySteadyGo @ Oct 20 2014, 06:30 PM)
I see - i just wanted to save $ instead of paying runner. If its just 100rm or so then ok because of my working hours during the week cannot get out of office
For buying car with loan, it kinda difficult to same money by avoiding the runner fees, the puspakom inspection b7 was different with b5 which required more inspection point, other than than, the owner or bank might not allow you to do this since the car still belong to them, they might not want to get into this calculated risk, and the fees usually pay by buyer itself.

There are at least 4~500 runner fees, runner fee on puspakom inspection, name transfer etc, and jpj have a standardisr fee for all this.

This post has been edited by youngman28: Oct 22 2014, 10:46 PM
ReadySteadyGo
post Oct 25 2014, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Done the puspakom inspection yesterday. One very important point for all future car owners who are buying a used car with tint film. Please remove all tint films as Puspakom does not approve your B5 and B7 if your car comes with films. I checked with the tint installer who informed me on this. Your car may comply with JPJ. But definitely not with Puspakom. I saw a lot of cars with their films removed when they lined up in the inspection lane.
jackmahi
post Nov 8 2014, 05:33 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(ReadySteadyGo @ Oct 25 2014, 06:31 PM)
Done the puspakom inspection yesterday. One very important point for all future car owners who are buying a used car with tint film. Please remove all tint films as Puspakom does not approve your B5 and B7 if your car comes with films. I checked with the tint installer who informed me on this. Your car may comply with JPJ. But definitely not with Puspakom. I saw a lot of cars with their films removed when they lined up in the inspection lane.
I just did my inspection, as you said there are some cars which the tint was removed, now its because the tint does not comply the requirement...70% front screen/ 50% on both sides, this is the standard visible light transmission allowed, if the car/tint is lower then puspakom have the right to tear off the tint in order to passed the inspection

Callup the nearest puspakom and made a appoinment booking for your inspection for date n time
1) inspection fees rm30 for cars/suv, only bring your registration card
2) fillup details at counter- borang B5 if the car loan fully paid
3) borang B7 if it is still on loan
4) inspection on chassis no/ rust/ engine modification/ tint ...etc
5) after inspection they will give you a sijil pemeriksaan tukar milik, this is valid for One month after which you got to do another inspection if ownership is not transfered by this period

Now go to Jpj website and download and print these forms-
1) TM-1...checklist of what to bring for change of ownership
2) TMAB ...surat akuan if buyer cannot go together with seller to change name, photocopy buyer's Ic n verify with any commissioner of oath, sign n chop, attach ic on the form
3) JPJK3...fillup these 02 forms in total with buyer n seller details
4) JPJK2...your car registration card
5) photocopy of seller n buyer IC's
6) borang B5...bring along during change of name
7) prepare rm100 for fees/ Rm150 if car is still on bankloan

Before going to Jpj and do all these-
1) cancel your roadtax first other wise seller cannot cancel the insurance and claim back Ncd/cash, proceed to step 2 IF roadtax have expired
2) then cancel your insurance
3) proceed to Jpj and do change of ownership...02 days process but only 04hrs in total running here n there

Iam not too sure and may be wrong...runners cannot do the puspakom inspection or transfer of ownership on behalf of seller UNLESS they are registered company "runners", etc Naza/Merc companies, but the truth is why pay hundreds of RM to them whereelse I only spend Rm150+ petrol to do it on my own!! Do it on your own, its easy and fast and curb all these nonsense for nothing, paying rm250 for inspection/ rm300 for ownership change is ridiculous!!

ahter
post Nov 18 2014, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(ReadySteadyGo @ Oct 25 2014, 06:31 PM)
mine failed because of front screen. tear off front tint only .. after that ok. they allow 5% tolerance ie rear up until 45%.
speedo
post Nov 18 2014, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

Hi all.

Im selling a car without loan.
Read all the posts.thks to all.
Ive question, i want to hold the insurance due to ncd, can i? How long can hold without car? Do i need to cancel both road tax and insurance as well? If yes, how?
jackmahi
post Nov 21 2014, 02:33 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(speedo @ Nov 18 2014, 11:42 PM)
Hi all.

Ive question, i want to hold the insurance due to ncd, can i? How long can hold without car? Do i need to cancel both road tax and insurance as well? If yes, how?
1) you cannot hold the insurance due to ncd claim, when you canx the insurance the ncd will be paid back in dues, then use the Ncd for your new car insurance

2) after puspakom inspection, the Borang B5 is valid for one month, that is how long you can hold the road tax/insurance

3) to sell your car you need to take the Borang B5 to Jpj to canx the roadtax, then drive to your insurance co and canx the insurance cause insurance agent wants to see the canceled roadtax before they can canx your insurance, IF you dont do these step by step Jpj will not entertain you, and if you dont canx roadtax/insurance the buyer's insurance agent will not issue a new insurance policy BECAUSE the registration card is still under your name ( they want the original copy to issue new policy)

**the steps/answers are just 2 chats above this box, plse read carefully before u asked another questions**
speedo
post Nov 21 2014, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

Ahaha. Thks mate. Appreciate that
youngman28
post Nov 23 2014, 03:21 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(speedo @ Nov 19 2014, 12:42 AM)
Hi all.

It depend on the jpj officer.
I have selling and buying two car recently, but the officer allow the new buyer continue with existing roadtax, what buyer need is to get their new insurance ready before to get the name transfer. This mostly due to the roadtax was about rm55, and seller no interest to claim it back.
jackmahi
post Nov 25 2014, 10:19 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(youngman28 @ Nov 23 2014, 03:21 PM)
It depend on the jpj officer.
I have selling and buying  two car recently, but the officer allow the new buyer continue with existing roadtax, what buyer need is to get their new insurance ready before to get the name transfer. This mostly due to the roadtax was about rm55, and seller no interest  to claim it back.
Abit troublesome....roadtax valid for 6mths, then new buyer in 6months time got to buy new radtax again, when these happens buyer got to buy new insurance policy, overall in short buyer runs to Jpj 3 times a year mad.gif
jimmy G
post Jan 21 2015, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

Panduan Tukar Hakmilik Secara Sukarela requires the following documents but was is the one in bold, where can i get it?

PRIVATE VEHICLE (Individual Private Vehicle)
-2 copies of Checklist Form TM-1 (Pind.1/2012); TM-2
-2 copies of form JPJK3 that has been completed and signed by the new owner; Borang JPJ K3A
-Original Vehicle Endorsement Certificate (JPJK2);
-Copy of registered owner's and new owner's identification documents using TM-AB (if not present during submission of application) * for individual and sole proprietor company category only; TM-AB
-Original and copy of identification document of representative (if application is submitted by representative).
-Letter/stub of ownership claim cancellation by the registered owner (other than e-Hakmilik);
-A valid Ownership Transfer Inspection Report by PUSPAKOM (www.puspakom.com.my) (other than motorcycles)
kenhirai83</