Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

boyan
post Nov 17 2013, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

I've been reading many posts and news, so I just like to get some confirmation before dedicating time to get the ownership transfer errand settled. I want to transfer from my father-in-law's to my wife's name.

1) Someone stated that during Puspakom inspection, it's best to have the original owner bringing the vehicle, else you have to cook up some referral letter? I think Puspakom doesn't really care about this, as long as you have the grant. That means I can just do this by myself, by having both the car and grant. Correct?

2) For someone who has successfully done an inspection at Puspakom Wangsa Maju recently. Can I call say today for booking, and expect to get one in two days time? In short - just want to get some feel on the 'lead time' for Wangsa Maju Puspakom.

3) Say it is the day of the appoinment / booking at Puspakom Wangsa Maju. How early is early enough, to be among the first in queue? Be there 6 am?

4) My wife and father in law will not be around. Effectively, I am the runner. Is this possible? I guess I need to get TM-AB form done for both? Anything else?

5) I need to buy insurance first, and then go to JPJ to initiate the transfer. Correct? I can just do this at any post office right? I'm staggering the inspection, insurance and transfer to different days so that I could skip taking leave.

6) With the latest MySikap system and its issues, how bad is the experience going to be, or is it ok now?
boyan
post Nov 18 2013, 09:17 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

thanks man... it seems like i just need to do the inspection, and my father in law will take care of the title transfer in the home state.... phew...

anyway, called puspakom, and they do prefer some referral letter + copy of owner ic, along with the grant, when bringing the car, if you're not the owner.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0277sec    1.13    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st April 2021 - 12:29 PM