Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

silverwave
post Feb 26 2017, 11:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

Hi, I was wondering how does the change of ownership work in this case:

My current car is under my dad's name and my old car is under my name.

My sister's car is under my name.

Since NCB is running, I want to change my sister's car to her name, my old car to my dad's name and my current car to my name. What is the correct flow for this?

Do i need to go to JPJ and remove the tint for inspection? Thanks.

This post has been edited by silverwave: Feb 26 2017, 11:33 AM
silverwave
post Feb 27 2017, 09:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ Feb 27 2017, 02:25 PM)
in order for everyone to have their car in their own name.
here is the procedure.
go through puspakom inspection for B5 form (JPJ required)..rm30.(please make booking or you will queue like crazy)
than go to jpj and fill in jpjk3 form, both owner need to be present on the counter for  bio thumprint and a fees of transfer..rm100 +roadtax(rmXX  depends on cc)
make sure everyone has their own insurance as the jpj required it to create the reprint new roadtax.

for more info:search for "Panduan Tukar Hakmilik Secara Sukarela" in jpj website.

if you are lazy to get involve in the process,than you can hire 3th party runner for the process....about rm200-250 per serivce/ car,the price is excluding the fees inquired at jpj.

in terms of tinted,really depend on luck...mine passed it with flying colour without peeling it.here is the result

[attachmentid=8531200]
Thanks for the detailed input.

Though i had two questions, if the road tax is still active, need to pay again even though it's transferred? Secondly, i supposed you said everyone need their own insurance to transfer the existing NCD?
silverwave
post Mar 1 2017, 11:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ Mar 1 2017, 11:03 PM)
From what i know is you would also need to fill out the form for terminating the existing roadtax and get partial refund if it is still alive. As for the insurance part,i heard the process is same with partial refund and only the NCD is transferable.so i think they will either ask you top up money or ask you buy a new insurance policy with the NCD discounts that is transferred from your old car to your new car (this is because both car value might be different,they would need to contra).
it is better that you ask your insurance,some may have different procedure.

But i would suggest you do it when both of your roadtax and insurance is near to expire...more easy...go puspakom,transfer owner,new insurance policy with transferred ncd, new roadtax. not so much forms to fill,less money and time wasted as well.
Noted, thanks again. smile.gif
silverwave
post Dec 31 2022, 12:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

Hi, if i have 2 cars under my name, can i choose which NCD i want to transfer to a new car?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0241sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:22 PM