Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

TSWira_lover
post Oct 19 2011, 01:42 PM, updated 4y ago

Casual
315 posts

I've seen this question quite a few times here and there, just thought ill do a short step by step write up to help those who need to DIY cause runner fee's are RIDICULOUS.

1. Buyer and seller to discuss who will pay for inspection and change of ownership fees.
-Inspection Rm30
-Change Name - Rm150

2.Seller to bring the vehicle to puspakom for inspection with geran/registration card. Request for a form at the counter. Complete inspection and collect the slip/result.
B5 - if new owner buys with cash
B5/B7 - if new owner is using hire purchase/car loan, once done provide approval slip to bank and bank will do name transfer on their side, you pay the bank rm300-400 depends on the banks...they call this transfer fee if I'm not mistaken.

-please remove your tint if it's too dark yourself by going over to an accesory shop, they can charge between rm30-60 depends on car/place etc.. if not puspakom guys will just tear it off and leave the gum all there or just fail you.
-some are even open on saturdays for those who are busy working during weekdays. can check out their site
Puspakom Branches and Opening Hours

Update:
3.Proceed to JPJ for change of name request with geran and all the documents above., request change of ownership(tukar nama) document at front desk. Fill form of new and old owners details. Obtain que number from front desk and proceed to counter for IC and thumbrpint verification for both new and old vehicle owner.

4.If one party is out of state, they can go to their respective JPJ branch and complete the procedure seperately.

For those who cant go to jpj directly:

Runner fees for inspection can range from rm80-rm150, and change name rm300. for those who dont have time, can use this services. For those who needs special request due to punched engine number, mounting modification, no approvla for sunroof etc or aka special case, you have no choice but to bare the fee's of a runner which is going to cost definitely more than Rm150 for special case. I even heard of Rm1k for this kind of situations.

Prepare your geran, photocopy of IC buyer and seller and hand over to runner. He will also need the original signed copy of the forms mentioned above.

ADDED:

For those who want, can aslo call puspakom 03-20527474 and schedule an appointment 3 days in advance to come over to your house and perform the inspection Rm100 service fee+rm30. However only certain branches can offer this services, so check at the link above or contact them.

ADDED - Hire Purchase

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Jun 16 2016, 02:47 PM)
Yes this is true. There have been changes to the rules...If im not wrong about 2 years ago roughly... maybe more... Your car must be fully settled before you can sell it. This si to protect the interest of used car dealers, as these days we dont need them thanks to the internet.
So the banks, will willingly approve loans without advising the buyer that the sellers car must be fully settled, so when the seller says he cant fully pay the loan, the buyer needs to pay a cancellation fee with the bank... So its a win win situation.
Because you only have these options.

Option 1.

Seller hires service of a used car dealer to do invoicing and used car will settle the bank loan for you.. Then process the sale, then the buyer's bank releases the money to used car... any excess or shortage can be retrieved or paid to the used car dealer. This fee can range between 2k-5k , depending on the loan outstanding amount.

Option 2
Buyer cancels the loan due to seller unable to settle the car loan. But buyer will be charged with cancellation fee by the bank who approved his/her loan, this can be argued i believe if the bank approved the loan without asking/advising that the car must be cleared of any hire purchase. It will be a long and annoying fight

Option 3
Buyer and seller work out a deal to payoff the amount charged by used car for their fees. Maybe 50/50 etc.

Option 4
Seller clears the loan him/herself and wait for the disbursement by the buyers bank, you'll get back the cash
I hope this message reaches out to all sellers and buyers, because i feel this is really absurd. the way banks and the dealerships is playing around with the people. So before you get stuck in this cycle, PLEASE let your friends and family know.... if you are buying or selling a car, ALWAYS check if it has an existing loan, then advise the seller that it must be cleared before you apply for a new loan. Once you apply and approved, they win.
This post has been edited by Wira_lover: Jul 28 2017, 12:11 PM
TSWira_lover
post Oct 19 2011, 02:52 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Oct 19 2011, 02:44 PM)
the bolded one seems wrong. just last 2 weeks i went to puspakom and this second hand car failed the test because the tint is over spec. i didnt notice puspakom staff tearing it off as its still intact. the owner have no choice but to remove it and go for inspection again. of course, say bye bye to the fees
its case to case basis. puspakom or like any other goverment agency in malaysia, they have their mood.

in my side, they will ask the car owner/runner, tinted too dark, either take your car remove yourself (fee's byebye), or allow them to tear it off on the spot. if on the spot, the gum will remain and need to send to an accesory shop, to use their chemicals to remove/wash the gum....

so to avoid any of this from happening...kindly ensure your tinted is not dark or is the approved kind before going to puspakom.

This post has been edited by Wira_lover: Oct 19 2011, 02:53 PM
TSWira_lover
post Oct 19 2011, 08:58 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(yOuNg$tEr @ Oct 19 2011, 06:32 PM)
Where does the loan application prpcess fit in?smile.gif thanks.
if the car is purchased with hire [email protected] loan, then you need to do inspection B5 & B7 and provide that slip to the bank. and the transfer will be done by the banks runner
TSWira_lover
post Oct 20 2011, 09:46 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(bukanmain @ Oct 19 2011, 11:05 PM)
tinted actually if too dark you can nego say "saya koyak skrng bang,lepas tu abg check blk boleh? nnt kena dtg blk bang"

ive seen lots of cars did it when i DIY myself
depends on place la bro...

if the place ok...they will ask you if want tear or not...if ur tint like VIP like that i think they straight will fail you...im not sure...no matter what also... if they ask you can choose...if they dont ask...try nego....if they still insist...your bad luck.

thats why i mention too avoid all this unnecesary problems with puspakom, please make sure your tint is not too dark. if it is please remove before you go. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by Wira_lover: Oct 20 2011, 09:46 AM
TSWira_lover
post Oct 20 2011, 10:39 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Oct 20 2011, 09:51 AM)
good write up/guides, perhaps if possible you can include their door to door services for those who cant goto jpj directly themselves?

also reported the thread to mods to get it pinned biggrin.gif
hmm i added alr right bro? the part where you can use runner services if you are tied up with work or not able to personally handle. icon_rolleyes.gif
TSWira_lover
post Oct 20 2011, 02:05 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Oct 20 2011, 12:43 PM)
not runner service, jpj themselves come to your house to do inspection at your house
owhhh... my bad. yup added puspakom home inspection.
TSWira_lover
post Dec 22 2013, 12:54 PM

Casual
315 posts

Hi imran,

Not sure how long it takes but it should be the same time... but documentation might differ...
TSWira_lover
post Dec 30 2013, 12:43 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(be7a @ Dec 29 2013, 03:39 PM)
I am selling the car with outstanding from bank and the buyer is applying loan from same bank. Today the officer ask me for original geran and insurance cover note. And he say that bank will do the name transfer. Is this normal procedure? How will I know I will get my full settled amount before the car ownership change??
yes this is normal, the bank will hire their own runner to perform the change name process once they have obtained all documents from seller and buyer.

The bank will issue a payment to you normally via cheque once the loan and deposit(balance cash from loan) is paid up to your bank....the bank will have all the documents in black and white for proof of purchase.
TSWira_lover
post Dec 30 2013, 12:46 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(cherryl9 @ Dec 29 2013, 08:08 PM)
I am trying to buy a bike from my neigbor, but he doesn't have malaysian citizenship anymore (is now a singaporean), and he said it rendered him not able to sell the bike. Is it true?
not so sure on this but i have heard that once you convert as a spore citizen their MY license etc is invalid...so not sure why he cant sell the bike though... perhaps there will be an issue in the transfer of ownership as he is no longer a m'sia citizen,,,
TSWira_lover
post Dec 30 2013, 07:17 PM

Casual
315 posts

tbh if this is a cash transaction the sale can go through still, just that the change of ownership part, best to get a runner from JB to use their magic... as im sure over in jb this could be a very common situation.
TSWira_lover
post Jan 23 2014, 09:49 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(DreamChaser @ Jan 19 2014, 01:06 PM)
anyone can enlighten on the procedure for transferring my deceased father's car to my name? what forms are required and any special procedures required? thx!
my condolences bro.. not familiar for this procedure... is the car fully paid or still got a hire purchase?
TSWira_lover
post Jan 24 2014, 09:45 PM

Casual
315 posts

alright .. if its fully paid should be ok... shouldnt have much of a prob as long as you got all the documents such geran etc...the only diff in this case i belive you need to include your late dad documents such as death certificate etc... there is a form which should be different for the change name...it will be tukar nama secara tidak sukarela something like that.

so as long as you have ur dad's ic , death cert, that form and insurance for the car under your name....they should be able to complete the process.... just drop by jpj and can do yourself or hire a runner. but best to do your self if you have the time.
TSWira_lover
post Jan 26 2014, 09:32 PM

Casual
315 posts

the tint by view wont really be able to see. they use a device to scan...if it fails...they will ask you if want to tear or not... if they tear for you it will be a crappy job and end up have to send to shop to wash/clean... if pass then its good. .. if you got cert or such to show jpj for your tint maybe ok... but again... its all up to that scanner they use
TSWira_lover
post Jan 27 2014, 12:36 AM

Casual
315 posts

most likely that will be the outcome...to avoid any issues best do without that tint or test luck when you go in...if they say tear just tear
TSWira_lover
post Mar 11 2015, 12:59 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(epsonstylux @ Mar 10 2015, 01:52 PM)
hi guys, just want to ask

1. my dad want to transfer ownership of a kenari (which im using) to my name, free from loan. but the thing is, we just had it repaired, and changed the engine. the question is, is it compulsory to register the new engine in the grant or just go check with puspakom, and direct change ownership and the engine number at JPJ?

2. i got a buyer for my car, but the thing is, buyer want to do loan, and my roadtax is currently dead. so to do the Hire Purchase inspection, can I go there with my dead roadtax? will they count check it?

thanks in advance
bro

1. they will check the engine number on geran vs to whats under the hood. got 2 ways here...get a runner see he can "settle" or actually go to the workshop and ask if can get surat for the engine or not...if got surat/custom letter for the engine still can inspection. if dont have, and cant hire a runner, can ask a around your place any workshop do ketuk or not.

2. buyer wanna do loan or not, sure must go through inspection. therefore same issue you will face as above. how long your road tax expired? if more than a year they will need you to perform inspection first before can renew road tax. if less than a year should be no prob. as after inspection approve... can pass to new owner...new owner must buy new insurance under his name, activate road tax , perform transfer of ownership with the approved inspection.

so either way you must settle your engine number issue first. before anything else.
TSWira_lover
post Mar 11 2015, 05:59 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(epsonstylux @ Mar 11 2015, 01:10 AM)
1. Yes i do have the custom letter. Do i need to update geran first before change ownership or can do both at the same time? Planning to do at KL but my dad is in Johor. To bring the car for puspakom inspection is quite a hassle as my dad is not fit to travel

2. Yes it is under 1 year. Around 2 months something like that. Expired on january this yr. So i can just drive the car (w/o roadtax) to puspakom and have them check. And only after that I ask new buyer to settle other matter regarding the ownership transfer.
ahh then it sounds like ur good to go.

when you wanna do the inspection, tell them its to update geran +tukar nama also... so can do one shot . the other form i forgot the name it will be that form + tukar nama. your engine stock engine right ? if so then you fall under section 1.

DOKUMEN-DOKUMEN YANG PERLU DILAMPIRKAN

Bagi Kategori 1
Pemilik kenderaan tidak perlu memohon kepada bahagian Kejuruteraan Automotif di JPJ Negeri dan boleh melakukan pemeriksaan terus di PUSPAKOM bersama dengan dokumen-dokumen berikut:

Kad pendaftaran kenderaan asal yang ditandatangani oleh pemilik kenderaan
    Bil/Resit belian enjin yang asal
    Laporan Kastam K1 yang asal
    Surat pengesahan jual beli antara pemilik (bagi enjin yang dibeli dari kenderaan lain)
your dad doesnt have to be there you can do it for him, but need owner signature on forms. you might need to get it chopped by a commissioner to prove its authentic i think this is some new procedure

about the roadtax, normally that would be alright, my friends back in the day used to do it, no issues there, but things might have changed now ... cant say for sure...its been a while since i handled JPJ stuff, been out of the scene. maybe others can chime in or you can juts go straight up...thats what we did .. so yeah once all the proper inspection done and passed. notify new owner, ask him activate his insurance, then hand him the docs so he can renew road tax and change name.
TSWira_lover
post Dec 4 2015, 09:05 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(frank76 @ Dec 4 2015, 04:51 PM)
I have 1 problem here, if you sell car to third party, and the third party didn't go to JPJ to change the ownership name, what can I do. Already sell
the car to him for almost 2 years now.
still got the 3rd pty contact?

let him know that if thew car is still under your name, all summons will be issued to you, since you're the legal owner on record, tell him if he still doesnt wish to change name, you will report the geran lost apply for a new one and you can rightfully take the car back .
TSWira_lover
post Jun 16 2016, 02:47 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(Razor @ Jun 7 2016, 11:05 AM)
Hi All.
I am the seller. The Buyer want to buy the car with loan. Loan approved.
So the car dealer that the buyer has engaged told me that i (the seller) have to clear my loan first with cash. I have 90k left. no way can settle with cash. If not why i take loan ?
is there such a thing? so how do i proceed ? The car dealer also said that if i want to contra my existing loan with the Buyers loan then i have to pay him a fee. Right now there is no indication of how much this fee is.
How do i go about this?
Yes this is true. There have been changes to the rules...If im not wrong about 2 years ago roughly... maybe more... Your car must be fully settled before you can sell it. This si to protect the interest of used car dealers, as these days we dont need them thanks to the internet.

So the banks, will willingly approve loans without advising the buyer that the sellers car must be fully settled, so when the seller says he cant fully pay the loan, the buyer needs to pay a cancellation fee with the bank... So its a win win situation.

Because you only have these options.

Option 1.

Seller hires service of a used car dealer to do invoicing and used car will settle the bank loan for you.. Then process the sale, then the buyer's bank releases the money to used car... any excess or shortage can be retrieved or paid to the used car dealer. This fee can range between 2k-5k , depending on the loan outstanding amount.

Option 2
Buyer cancels the loan due to seller unable to settle the car loan. But buyer will be charged with cancellation fee by the bank who approved his/her loan, this can be argued i believe if the bank approved the loan without asking/advising that the car must be cleared of any hire purchase. It will be a long and annoying fight

Option 3
Buyer and seller work out a deal to payoff the amount charged by used car for their fees. Maybe 50/50 etc.

Option 4
Seller clears the loan him/herself and wait for the disbursement by the buyers bank, you'll get back the cash

I hope this message reaches out to all sellers and buyers, because i feel this is really absurd. the way banks and the dealerships is playing around with the people. So before you get stuck in this cycle, PLEASE let your friends and family know.... if you are buying or selling a car, ALWAYS check if it has an existing loan, then advise the seller that it must be cleared before you apply for a new loan. Once you apply and approved, they win.
TSWira_lover
post Jun 16 2016, 02:56 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(giggs_509 @ Jun 12 2016, 08:33 PM)
Guys need advise.

Mr A is buying new car (Car 1) and selling his current car (Car 2). Mr A also will retain the registration no on Car 2 (P11) and transfer it to Car 1. Process is expected to be concluded in June.

Mr B has tendered new registration no (F11) and want to buy Car 2 by cash and use the registration no there. But he is in oversea now and will b back in Malaysia in 2017.

Questions:
Can the interchange be done since potential buyer not in Malaysia? If not mistaken now compulsory biometric right? If can be done what are the process?
Yes it is compulsory biometric. Normally if out of state, 1 can go to their respective jpj within their area, and still can be processed. However if overseas, i doubt there is a manual way to process this request. Maybe buyer can temporary put the vehicle under a family members name until he comes back, since the purchase is with cash, they wont be any problems. Since he is overseas, i believe either way a representative is helping with the purchase to pick the car or help with the dealing.

Last option, hire a runner. Fee's not sure. Can be high as this requires high rank assitance.
TSWira_lover
post Jul 4 2016, 11:43 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(digilife @ Jun 25 2016, 08:43 PM)
If I want to buy a used car from an individual, how to knoe that he have fully settle his loan from any bank ?
check at on the original grant (geran) there will be like a chop... saying the car is under milik of which bank... and at the chop there must have like a batal chop with signature to indicate its cancelled

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0449sec    0.48    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th May 2021 - 08:42 PM