Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

SUSMatrix
post May 30 2014, 08:23 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(LDP @ Mar 26 2014, 11:28 AM)
Hi all,

I did the car ownership transfer by myself recently. It might sound intimidating initially, but, it is not rocket science :-)

Assuming that it is a private vehicle, you need to do your car inspection at Puspakom first. You call even call their number, and make an appointment. I did the inspection at Glenmarie. You can only reserved your time slot, 3 days before the day of inspection. I called them and went there on Saturday morning. You can google more on the opening hours for Puspakom as certain branch are open on 2nd and 4th Sat of the month.

The cost of inspection is RM30. After the inspection, you will be given a report. Keep that report as you need it later at JPJ. The report is valid for 30 days ONLY !!!

I waited for around 30 minutes for the inspection and another 15 minutes for the report. Overall, it took me an hour to complete the inspection, as my car did not have any tint.

After that you can go JPJ to transfer the ownership.

If both the buyer and seller are going to JPJ, then, pls bring the following:

1. Original IC as they hv to verify the identitty of the buyer and seller
2. Geran: Original and photocopy
3. New Insurance Policy - Cover Note. Actually, the lady at the counter informed us that this is no longer necessary, as everything is in their computer nowadays. But then I brought it along.
4. Certificate from Puspakom
5. Borang TM -1 (Download it first before going)
6. Borang JPJ K3 (Download it first before going)
7. Borang JPJ K6 - Pembayaran Balik Road Tax (Can download but then I end up redoing it as there is a new version of the form).
8. Road Tax Sticker since you want to terminate the existing one and apply for a new one
9. Photocopy of the seller's bank statement (The road tax refund will be banked into your account afterwards.)
[COLOR=red]

I paid RM 100 just for penukaran hakmilik secara sukarela. I went there around 7.35, and I left the office by 8.40 am. I took me an hour to do it, as I was the fifth person in the queue. I have also paid for the new road tax on the spot, and was given the new road tax sticker within minutes. And the effective date of the new road tax will automatically follow the effective date of your new car insurance policy !!!
For this:
8. Means i have to rip off the current car sticker?? How leh if stick to window? Sure will be torn off!
9. You mean latest statement? Or they just want the account no? New accounts nowadays don't have bank book anymore, just ATM cards. Photostat ATM card can do?
SUSMatrix
post Jun 26 2014, 09:28 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(popcorn1212 @ Jun 24 2014, 04:29 PM)
juz got back fr bank. Banker said latest rule - Seller have to settle the loan before buyer can proceed to apply loan. Anyone could advise me on this? Banker say I must settle my loan before I can sell it. NO contra anymore due to new JPJ rule.
Hmm...you sell direct or to used car dealer? If like this....have to take personal loan, settle car loan, then get payment from buyer, then pay back personal loan??? Rugi on interest wei....sweat.gif

Anyone else can confirm?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0223sec    0.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:46 AM