Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

tangtang22
post Nov 7 2013, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
197 posts

Just to add on my experience, i did my change of ownership yesterday. Went to the maju junction after lunch n they can tell u "nombor habis". Immediately went to the wangsa maju outlet n managed to get it done over there.

Summary, its quite a straight forward process but do remember to bring only few things over as u can get the forms there at JPJ:
- Puspakom cert.
- make sure u buy ur insurans edi (its shown online n u need not bring a copy).
- cash RM100 for passenger cars.

Have a good day!!
tangtang22
post Nov 18 2013, 09:05 AM

Getting Started
197 posts

QUOTE(boyan @ Nov 17 2013, 09:30 PM)
I've been reading many posts and news, so I just like to get some confirmation before dedicating time to get the ownership transfer errand settled. I want to transfer from my father-in-law's to my wife's name.

1) Someone stated that during Puspakom inspection, it's best to have the original owner bringing the vehicle, else you have to cook up some referral letter? I think Puspakom doesn't really care about this, as long as you have the grant. That means I can just do this by myself, by having both the car and grant. Correct?

2) For someone who has successfully done an inspection at Puspakom Wangsa Maju recently. Can I call say today for booking, and expect to get one in two days time? In short - just want to get some feel on the 'lead time' for Wangsa Maju Puspakom.

3) Say it is the day of the appoinment / booking at Puspakom Wangsa Maju. How early is early enough, to be among the first in queue? Be there 6 am?

4) My wife and father in law will not be around. Effectively, I am the runner. Is this possible? I guess I need to get TM-AB form done for both? Anything else?

5) I need to buy insurance first, and then go to JPJ to initiate the transfer. Correct? I can just do this at any post office right? I'm staggering the inspection, insurance and transfer to different days so that I could skip taking leave.

6) With the latest MySikap system and its issues, how bad is the experience going to be, or is it ok now?
Right now still able to do the "runner" thing till 2014.. Booking wise, u call n see what they say, normally bout few days after ur call that u will get the inspection done..

O, do refer to my post above as its really that straightforward.. yes. those forms u mentioned are enough edi, but provided JPJ dont last minute change its requirement.

Its really easy for now before the full throtle of my-sikap kicks in but do bear with some bugs of the system for now...

Worse come to worse, just bring all the necessary things there n ask the ppl there, those seasoned runners will be happy to help as every1 is bored waiting..

This post has been edited by tangtang22: Nov 18 2013, 09:06 AM
tangtang22
post Jan 3 2014, 11:57 AM

Getting Started
197 posts

QUOTE(vergas @ Jan 3 2014, 11:26 AM)
Any good recommendation for a runner in Klang Valley? Want to transfer car between family members.
Suggest u to go urself as mysikap does not allow runners anymore.

Furthermore, its actually a straightforward process.
tangtang22
post Jan 9 2014, 09:09 AM

Getting Started
197 posts

QUOTE(Rishi @ Jan 9 2014, 07:36 AM)
Hey Guys,

I am currently purchasing a 2nd hand car from a dealder. He is charging me 600 bucks for registration and 600 bucks for inspection.

Would you be kind enough to advice if I am being taken for a ride?

Warm Regards
Rishi
U decide urself -- Fee to change ownership/registration is only RM100 at JPJ counter. Car inspection at Puspakom is only RM30.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0266sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2021 - 05:39 AM