23 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

TSgedebe
post Jan 17 2013, 06:07 PM, updated 7y ago

Regular
1,221 posts

Harvey Norman selling rm1599 Mitsubishi inverter 1HP incl installation, is this ok?
And I found in forum, member selling Daikin for inverter 1HP but using R22 at RM 1400 also incl installation.
Is Daikin inverter using R401 better?
And is the above price ok?
RickOoi
post Jan 17 2013, 06:11 PM

Casual
400 posts

I am also sourcing for Daikin inverter air-con. This brand is not popular in Malaysia, but in Singapore, they are valued brand.

*CG*
post Jan 17 2013, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(gedebe @ Jan 17 2013, 06:07 PM)
Harvey Norman selling rm1599 Mitsubishi inverter 1HP incl installation, is this ok?
And I found in forum, member selling Daikin for inverter 1HP but using R22 at RM 1400 also incl installation.
Is Daikin inverter using R401 better?
And is the above price ok?
See this:
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1900533
wenching87
post Jan 18 2013, 01:19 AM

Getting Started
277 posts

How bout york?
SUSkimsim
post Jun 8 2015, 05:34 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

From the previous thread here
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3392124

Let's we start from V3 here..

Post your Aircon sharing here.

Thanks
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 8 2015, 05:46 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 8 2015, 05:34 PM)
From the previous thread here
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3392124

Let's we start from V3 here..

Post your Aircon sharing here.

Thanks
kimsim where can I put my 1/2hp mhi aircon in my bedroom?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
SUSkimsim
post Jun 8 2015, 05:53 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 8 2015, 05:46 PM)
kimsim where can I put my 1/2hp mhi aircon in my bedroom?
user posted image
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 8 2015, 06:01 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

this is a small indoor of MHI with big outdoor

Size (L x W x H) indoor 262 x 614 x 210 mm
Outdoor 437 x 708.7 x 336 mm

http://www.lazada.com.my/mitsubishi-srk09c...er-1139748.html

kimsim please review this mhi aircon

This post has been edited by leonhart88: Jun 8 2015, 06:08 PM
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 8 2015, 06:06 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 8 2015, 05:53 PM)
user posted image
thanks a lot. that's what I planned. However, still concern waste the flow since aircon facing only 3m flow whereas MHI flow can do 15m airflow. The bed is not like that in middle, I plan to sleep facing door liao to save space biggrin.gif
SUSkimsim
post Jun 8 2015, 06:09 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 8 2015, 06:06 PM)
thanks a lot. that's what I planned. However, still concern waste the flow since aircon facing only 3m flow whereas MHI flow can do 15m airflow. The bed is not like that in middle, I plan to sleep facing door liao to save space biggrin.gif
Facing door is incorrect lah, later you have more dream than you sleep well

Cause bad FS
SUSkimsim
post Jun 8 2015, 06:42 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 8 2015, 06:01 PM)
this is a small indoor of MHI with big outdoor

Size (L x W x H)  indoor  262 x 614 x 210 mm
Outdoor 437 x 708.7 x 336 mm

http://www.lazada.com.my/mitsubishi-srk09c...er-1139748.html

kimsim please review this mhi aircon
Done get 1hp just go with 1.5hp at least, even Gree also do well.

6m oops is long, just seriously

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 8 2015, 06:43 PM
idoblu
post Jun 8 2015, 07:02 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

Normally how they gorek the lobang for piping etc? How big a hole do they need to make? Will it be a big mess with dust everywhere?
SUSkimsim
post Jun 8 2015, 07:06 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jun 8 2015, 07:02 PM)
Normally how they gorek the lobang for piping etc? How big a hole do they need to make? Will it be a big mess with dust everywhere?
They use a drill machine to hack off the walls, for sure is everywhere dust & flying dust too.

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 8 2015, 07:07 PM
itekderp
post Jun 8 2015, 08:59 PM

On my way
674 posts

Now having a bit of trouble, after I installed awning in my backyard. I realized there is nowhere for technicians to carry down the outdoor unit for servicing in the future. Unless they go all the way to the backyard path. Is it possible to do a general cleaning and service without taking the unit down?
coolkwc
post Jun 8 2015, 09:42 PM

Fall in love with audio again.
3,104 posts

A disappointing and frustrated day.

Today the contractor come my house to install my ME aircond, suppose i should be very happy on that, however is a nightmare for me.

My house aircond copper was concealed one, is a 0.6mm thickness pipe that suitable for RA410 gas. However due to not long enuf, they have to extend the copper pipe by welding on the existing pipe.

One thing they really surprise me was how they test the concealed pipe whether block or not is by blow the tube using their mouth ohmy.gif I really not confident for the method they used, i suppose they are better way to test it. So they continue to weld the pipe and install in door and out door unit. After they welded and bend the pipe, they not even test it again. So, i have nothing to say but 'trust' them.

Upon finished installation, turn ON the aircond, i felt very weird, the coldness is not what i expected, is just slightly colder than ambient despite they set 16'C on 1st run, so they told me run it for 1 hour only turn OFF. They check the aircond (both in door and out door) is running then they just finished the job and go back. After they back, roughly 15 minutes, i still not feel the coldness that suppose to be. I sense something wrong there, so i check the outdoor unit, i saw the fan turn OFF itself after 2-3 minutes run. When the fan is running, i check the air blow out is not hot at all, is just at ambient temp, so i suspect the compressor is not working at all.

I called back that contractor immediately, they promised settle for me by today. After 2 hours they came back and check for me. They said the copper pipe is OK (I dun know how they check without dismantle anything), then wiring OK. They check the compressor gas pressure and everything, can't find the root cause. Then they called to their boss, their boss just order them 'remotely'. That time adi 7:30pm, i adi cooked my meal so i just have dinner with my wife in the dinning room, after i go out to see again. WTF, they open up my outdoor unit and i saw they spray water into the unit. I ask them what problem, they said the compressor motor is too hot so it cut off itself, the gas inside is low, and due to compressor cut off, they can't pump in the gas, so they spray water to cool down, hopefully can pump in the gas when the compressor start running. I really speechless at that moment. They are just electrician, not ME service man, and they are not open the unit with proper procedure, out of 4 screw on the grill panel, they just open 2 of them and pry off the casing at one end to check, it made a big dent on the casing and grill, really heart breaking.

The outcome is they have no idea how to fix it, and said it need to wait for ME to check, if is not ME fault, they will only check the piping again.

I'm really angry with them now, no matter the unit got problem or not, i won't accept that outdoor unit anymore, instead i will ask for a replacement for that. vmad.gif Now the aircond is installed but i can't use, how frustrated for that.

Anyway, the good news is, the aircond total price is 1.9k, and i only paid RM100 for deposit only. If they really don't want to replace a new unit for me, I WILL NOT PAY THE REST TO THEM. shakehead.gif
SUSkimsim
post Jun 8 2015, 09:52 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 8 2015, 09:42 PM)

Today the contractor come my house to install my ME aircond, suppose i should be very happy on that, however is a nightmare for me.

My house aircond copper was concealed one, is a 0.6mm thickness pipe that suitable for RA410 gas. However due to not long enuf, they have to extend the copper pipe by welding on the existing pipe.

One thing they really surprise me was how they test the concealed pipe whether block or not is by blow the tube using their mouth ohmy.gif I really not confident for the method they used, i suppose they are better way to test it. So they continue to weld the pipe and install in door and out door unit. After they welded and bend the pipe, they not even test it again. So, i have nothing to say but 'trust' them.

Upon finished installation, turn ON the aircond, i felt very weird, the coldness is not what i expected, is just slightly colder than ambient despite they set 16'C on 1st run, so they told me run it for 1 hour only turn OFF. They check the aircond (both in door and out door) is running then they just finished the job and go back. After they back, roughly 15 minutes, i still not feel the coldness that suppose to be. I sense something wrong there, so i check the outdoor unit, i saw the fan turn OFF itself after 2-3 minutes run. When the fan is running, i check the air blow out is not hot at all, is just at ambient temp, so i suspect the compressor is not working at all.

I called back that contractor immediately, they promised settle for me by today. After 2 hours they came back and check for me. They said the copper pipe is OK (I dun know how they check without dismantle anything), then wiring OK. They check the compressor gas pressure and everything, can't find the root cause. Then they called to their boss, their boss just order them 'remotely'. That time adi 7:30pm, i adi cooked my meal so i just have dinner with my wife in the dinning room, after i go out to see again. WTF, they open up my outdoor unit and i saw they spray water into the unit. I ask them what problem, they said the compressor motor is too hot so it cut off itself, the gas inside is low, and due to compressor cut off, they can't pump in the gas, so they spray water to cool down, hopefully can pump in the gas when the compressor start running. I really speechless at that moment. They are just electrician, not ME service man, and they are not open the unit with proper procedure, out of 4 screw on the grill panel, they just open 2 of them and pry off the casing at one end to check, it made a big dent on the casing and grill, really heart breaking.

The outcome is they have no idea how to fix it, and said it need to wait for ME to check, if is not ME fault, they will only check the piping again.

I'm really angry with them now, no matter the unit got problem or not, i won't accept that outdoor unit anymore, instead i will ask for a replacement for that. vmad.gif Now the aircond is installed but i can't use, how frustrated for that.

Anyway, the good news is, the aircond total price is 1.9k, and i only paid RM100 for deposit only. If they really don't want to replace a new unit for me, I WILL NOT PAY THE REST TO THEM. shakehead.gif
Have a good horse, but the horse can't run at all... For me deffinelty I was kill them.
nanpengyou
post Jun 8 2015, 10:04 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

hello guys,
20ft x 20 ft - 1.5hp
20ft x 25 ft - 2.0hp

do u guys think there are sufficient horse power?
i intend to install ME.

thank you
SUSkimsim
post Jun 8 2015, 10:07 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(nanpengyou @ Jun 8 2015, 10:04 PM)
hello guys,
20ft x 20 ft - 1.5hp
20ft x 25 ft - 2.0hp

do u guys think there are sufficient horse power?
i intend to install ME.

thank you
Actually Daikin GA inverter 2hp very sufficient too

That day I when to my customer house and do demo robot vacuum to them, they installed 2hp Daikin inverter can cover around that size of 20x25ft.
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 8 2015, 10:21 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 8 2015, 06:42 PM)
Done get 1hp just go with 1.5hp at least, even Gree also do well.

6m oops is long, just seriously
mHI is cheaper than gree.

6m oops what do you mean? 60cm width? even ME got 80cm width indoor

This post has been edited by leonhart88: Jun 8 2015, 10:22 PM
nanpengyou
post Jun 8 2015, 10:21 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 8 2015, 11:07 PM)
Actually Daikin GA inverter 2hp very sufficient too

That day I when to my customer house and do demo robot vacuum to them, they installed 2hp Daikin inverter can cover around that size of 20x25ft.
im not interested to purchase Daikin since it is york now.
My areas are living hall 20x25and kitchen 20x20.
i intend to purchase ME deluxe non- inverter.
Do you think a good choices to get 2.0 and 1.5 ME?
thank you so much

This post has been edited by nanpengyou: Jun 8 2015, 10:22 PM
SUSsupersound
post Jun 9 2015, 09:38 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 8 2015, 09:42 PM)

Using mouth to blow are the normal work they do. Because they have the sensor(if blocked, it can't blow through).
But after extending the pipe with welding but never blow again are wrong.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 9 2015, 10:10 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jun 9 2015, 09:38 AM)
Using mouth to blow are the normal work they do. Because they have the sensor(if blocked, it can't blow through).
The contractor dun have exprience at all.

Can be use gas to blow in the copper before they lock the nuts
^Ware^wolf
post Jun 9 2015, 10:33 AM

Enthusiast
906 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jun 9 2015, 09:38 AM)
my contractor didnt blow after welded the pipe..i donno need to blow also laugh.gif laugh.gif ...anyway , ntg wrong with my aircon so far after 1-2months...
sentinal3_16
post Jun 9 2015, 10:38 AM

Enthusiast
797 posts

Just ban those unqualified contractors.Dont give business to them. Reveal their name and contacts here.
^Ware^wolf
post Jun 9 2015, 10:41 AM

Enthusiast
906 posts

QUOTE(sentinal3_16 @ Jun 9 2015, 10:38 AM)
Just ban those unqualified contractors.Dont give business to them. Reveal their name and contacts here.
too many ... all tipu makan ...
SUSsupersound
post Jun 9 2015, 12:28 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(^Ware^wolf @ Jun 9 2015, 10:33 AM)
my contractor didnt blow after welded the pipe..i donno need to blow also laugh.gif  laugh.gif ...anyway , ntg wrong with my aircon so far after 1-2months...
Yup, you are right on this, blow job are not a must laugh.gif
But usually some will do such blow job as to confirm no rework if have problems.
That's why I don't really like conceal piping as far as possible.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 9 2015, 12:30 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(sentinal3_16 @ Jun 9 2015, 10:38 AM)
You won't know until you get cheated.
That's why if you are renovating your house, always prepare the hole for piping/wiring first.
Then install 1 air cond to test market, if ok then only install others.
But since you want people to reveal the name, in Seremban, always avoid buying appliance from Thye Hin Sermban and installer Kah Air cond.
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 9 2015, 01:38 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

kimsim, better to have outdoor below/above the indoor?

user posted image
SUSkimsim
post Jun 9 2015, 01:54 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 9 2015, 01:38 PM)
kimsim, better to have outdoor below/above the indoor?

user posted image
That is depend the condition

1. Like bungalow type can place anywhere as you like.
2. Apartment only at Aircon leadge
3. Terrace house only front or back
4. Contractor wanna save copper pipe then just place side by side will do.
5. In M'sia really unsafe cause everyone can steal the outdoor unit as well

SUSleonhart88
post Jun 9 2015, 02:01 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 9 2015, 01:54 PM)
That is depend the condition

1. Like bungalow type can place anywhere as you like.
2. Apartment only at Aircon leadge
3. Terrace house only front or back
4. Contractor wanna save copper pipe then just place side by side will do.
5. In M'sia really unsafe cause everyone can steal the outdoor unit as well
heard from someone. to better cooling better put outdoor unit location below the indoor. outdoor very heavy also steal? just grill it la. why aircon made in thailand better than others?
SUSkimsim
post Jun 9 2015, 02:07 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 9 2015, 02:01 PM)
heard from someone. to better cooling better put outdoor unit location below the indoor. outdoor very heavy also steal? just grill it la. why aircon made in thailand better than others?
can ask Aircon man too.

Thailand more cheapest than direct Japan or Korean
Cause salary was low

China got thier brand too.. Also setup in China for shipping cost higher than Thailand too
coolkwc
post Jun 9 2015, 02:07 PM

3,104 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jun 9 2015, 12:30 PM)
You won't know until you get cheated.
That's why if you are renovating your house, always prepare the hole for piping/wiring first.
Then install 1 air cond to test market, if ok then only install others.
But since you want people to reveal the name, in Seremban, always avoid buying appliance from Thye Hin Sermban and installer Kah Air cond.
1 sentence more than thousand words.

I buy things based on price, who the hell they sub the job we won't know unless we tried.

But again, I STILL HAVE RM1.8K YET TO PAY, see who patient enough lo. I willing to pay 100 deposit for know how bad was that.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Jun 9 2015, 02:11 PM
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 9 2015, 02:27 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 9 2015, 02:07 PM)

I buy things based on price, who the hell they sub the job we won't know unless we tried.

But again, I STILL HAVE RM1.8K YET TO PAY, see who patient enough lo. I willing to pay 100 deposit for know how bad was that.
100 rm you also got cheated. how about people buy at lazada pay upfront?
coolkwc
post Jun 9 2015, 02:31 PM

3,104 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 9 2015, 10:10 AM)
The contractor dun have exprience at all.

Can be use gas to blow in the copper before they lock the nuts
Too sad the majority technician quality in Malaysia really suck, really really suck. Technician in other country need at least diploma for that, but here, those with low education/with every subjects gred F can be declared as 'electrician'. Sorry if anyone here got offended.

The boss that i speak through phone is nice manner, everything OK. But their workers are just pure teenage bastard.

Put the outdoor unit at floor and sit on top of that without my permission, even when i'm around they saw nothing.
During installation, only 2 out of 4 is work for that, but i can see they have no experience at all. That just half play half work, not serious at all.

From my point of view, those guys are just a teenage that can't study well and been kicked out of further education kind of ppl. No knowledge, but come to install stuff that need high technical knowledge, when problem happen, they only know dismantle this and that to rework/recheck. Sei sohigh, i don think those guys will have any bright future.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 9 2015, 02:34 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 9 2015, 02:31 PM)
Too sad the majority technician quality in Malaysia really suck, really really suck. Technician in other country need at least diploma for that, but here, those with low education/with every subjects gred F can be declared as 'electrician'. Sorry if anyone here got offended.

The boss that i speak through phone is nice manner, everything OK. But their workers are just pure teenage bastard.

Put the outdoor unit at floor and sit on top of that without my permission, even when i'm around they saw nothing.
During installation, only 2 out of 4 is work for that, but i can see they have no experience at all. That just half play half work, not serious at all.

From my point of view, those guys are just a teenage that can't study well and been kicked out of further education kind of ppl. No knowledge, but come to install stuff that need high technical knowledge, when problem happen, they only know dismantle this and that to rework/recheck. Sei sohigh, i don think those guys will have any bright future.
Is a shop or resaller failed
coolkwc
post Jun 9 2015, 02:38 PM

3,104 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 9 2015, 02:34 PM)
Is a shop or resaller failed
I previously have bought my TV and washer from the same shop, that's why i bought the aircond from them this time.

But obviously the contractor for aircond is different from last time (i dun think TV and washer need contractor/electrician for that), and this one is pure bastard.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 9 2015, 02:44 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 9 2015, 02:38 PM)
I previously have bought my TV and washer from the same shop, that's why i bought the aircond from them this time.

But obviously the contractor for aircond is different from last time (i dun think TV and washer need contractor/electrician for that), and this one is pure bastard.
Nowadays weather hotter than b4, that is why have many unprofessional come in town to do sub-Con and engaged cheap was learning stage to serve you guy.

In JB have lot of fully Aircon shop seldom got it happen, especially Eletronic shop will do it such thing
coolkwc
post Jun 9 2015, 03:09 PM

3,104 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 9 2015, 02:44 PM)
Nowadays weather hotter than b4, that is why have many unprofessional come in town to do sub-Con and engaged cheap was learning stage to serve you guy.

In JB have lot of fully Aircon shop seldom got it happen, especially Eletronic shop will do it such thing
Yesterday that guy told me compressor got run, but cut off due to too hot, and the gas level inside is low.

For the ppl that got some sense on aircond system will know this either due to compressor run out of gas (due to piping leakage) or the piping is bend and dented so the pressure is too high due to restricted flow. Unless i really fucking unlucky to get a lemon unit which i believe the chance is low. That's why i almost 100% confirm something is wrong in during installation, and the most suspicious one is the piping.

I asked him piping ok or not, he said: I check adi no leak no bend...WTF, how do you know there is no leak without leak test..i really speechless.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Jun 9 2015, 03:12 PM
SUSkimsim
post Jun 9 2015, 06:30 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 9 2015, 03:09 PM)
Yesterday that guy told me compressor got run, but cut off due to too hot, and the gas level inside is low.

For the ppl that got some sense on aircond system will know this either due to compressor run out of gas (due to piping leakage) or the piping is bend and dented so the pressure is too high due to restricted flow. Unless i really fucking unlucky to get a lemon unit which i believe the chance is low. That's why i almost 100% confirm something is wrong in during installation, and the most suspicious one is the piping.

I asked him piping ok or not, he said: I check adi no leak no bend...WTF, how do you know there is no leak without leak test..i really speechless.
Inverter model or gas R410a would be higher pressure just slighly lose a gap can be leak after few hours.

Choose a good workmanship is not easy btw.
Some like act pro and also expansive charge per unit too
SUSsupersound
post Jun 9 2015, 06:33 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 9 2015, 02:07 PM)

Last time I also got cheated on this(from Tyhe Hin), the price of the 1.5HP air cond I bought was rm150 cheaper than others and I paid rm500 deposit for 4 air conds.
On the day I want to make full payment, they only tell me that installation are not included and it is rm180 for 1.5HP which is rm50 more expensive after installation cost than other shops doh.gif
Not to mention the installer damaged the air cond's steel pipe. Now each time I service the air cond, the installer need to weld it back cry.gif
halcyon27
post Jun 9 2015, 08:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,138 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 9 2015, 03:09 PM)

Get another AC installer do a pressure leak test. Normally use nitrogen and then seal up both ends without AC. Take reading and another 2 weeks later to determine if there's a leak. Are you in Klang Valley?
coolkwc
post Jun 11 2015, 02:45 PM

3,104 posts

Update for my ME aircond.

Just now ME service man checked my aircond. The conclusion they made was during copper pipe welding, the solder was went inside the pipe, eventually clogged the compressor and valve. shocking.gif They release all the gas inside and refill it, and said the gas is 'choking' inside. They said will order compressor motor and valve inside to replace, and the indoor unit cooling coil need to flush as well. They also asked me to reinstall the new copper pipe without welding. So i went to the shop that I purchased.

The boss is very kind (Maybe my face is very angry), he kept apologize to me for introduce such contractor, he said he had a meeting with the contractor boss yesterday, and they adi dismissed those guys who install my aircond that day. hmm.gif unsure.gif He also promised the contractor boss will come himself to install for me. Then i told him the checking result by ME, and i said i can't accept repair, he promised to change a whole new set (both indoor and outdoor) for me. So let's see what happen next. Luckily i din pay them full amount that day, else i'm not sure whether they still willing to bother me or not.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 11 2015, 02:54 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 11 2015, 02:45 PM)

Just now ME service man checked my aircond. The conclusion they made was during copper pipe welding, the solder was went inside the pipe, eventually clogged the compressor and valve. shocking.gif They release all the gas inside and refill it, and said the gas is 'choking' inside. They said will order compressor motor and valve inside to replace, and the indoor unit cooling coil need to flush as well. They also asked me to reinstall the new copper pipe without welding. So i went to the shop that I purchased.

The boss is very kind (Maybe my face is very angry), he kept apologize to me for introduce such contractor, he said he had a meeting with the contractor boss yesterday, and they adi dismissed those guys who install my aircond that day. hmm.gif  unsure.gif He also promised the contractor boss will come himself to install for me. Then i told him the checking result by ME, and i said i can't accept repair, he promised to change a whole new set (both indoor and outdoor) for me. So let's see what happen next. Luckily i din pay them full amount that day, else i'm not sure whether they still willing to bother me or not.
Look at your case like easily case to solve... Anyone still saying ME after sales service may suck?
usop8290
post Jun 11 2015, 02:56 PM

Enthusiast
990 posts

hello guys

how much if i want to relocate my AC to a new house. one unit 1.5hp and one unit 1hp. brand ME and MHI. i was quoted for RM780 includes relocation and service work. is it ok?
SUSkimsim
post Jun 11 2015, 03:00 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(usop8290 @ Jun 11 2015, 02:56 PM)
hello guys

how much if i want to relocate my AC to a new house. one unit 1.5hp and one unit 1hp. brand ME and MHI. i was quoted for RM780 includes relocation and service work. is it ok?
Wah MHI so cheap ah..
babyk
post Jun 11 2015, 03:16 PM

BANNED 101/100(tm) : Your avatar too sexy
All Stars
10,052 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 11 2015, 03:00 PM)
Wah MHI so cheap ah..
Relocation fee la doh.gif
SUSkimsim
post Jun 11 2015, 03:25 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(babyk @ Jun 11 2015, 03:16 PM)
Relocation fee la doh.gif
Oops very confuse

halcyon27
post Jun 11 2015, 03:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,138 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 11 2015, 02:45 PM)

The boss is very kind (Maybe my face is very angry), he kept apologize to me for introduce such contractor, he said he had a meeting with the contractor boss yesterday, and they adi dismissed those guys who install my aircond that day. hmm.gif  unsure.gif He also promised the contractor boss will come himself to install for me. Then i told him the checking result by ME, and i said i can't accept repair, he promised to change a whole new set (both indoor and outdoor) for me. So let's see what happen next. Luckily i din pay them full amount that day, else i'm not sure whether they still willing to bother me or not.
Good to know. Something new. This means the solder clogged compressor and valve. The ideal method of piping is compression joints like those use in Thailand.
coolkwc
post Jun 11 2015, 08:39 PM

3,104 posts

today the ME service man told me i still can turn ON my aircond, but won't be at its peak performance. So just now when i back home i turn ON the aircond, the air is not as cold as expected, but still better than nil...after 10 minutes, you know what, WATER START TO DRIP OUT FROM MY INDOOR UNIT AND WET MY FLOOR.

Awesome bastard, YOU ARE NOT GETTING EVEN A SINGLE ITEM INSTALLED CORRECTLY. thumbup.gif
Jason
post Jun 12 2015, 03:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,703 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 11 2015, 08:39 PM)
today the ME service man told me i still can turn ON my aircond, but won't be at its peak performance. So just now when i back home i turn ON the aircond, the air is not as cold as expected, but still better than nil...after 10 minutes, you know what, WATER START TO DRIP OUT FROM MY INDOOR UNIT AND WET MY FLOOR.

Awesome bastard, YOU ARE NOT GETTING EVEN A SINGLE ITEM INSTALLED CORRECTLY. thumbup.gif
Should start sharing who is the bastard... so other people don't fall victim...

And I think we should also list down good air con man...and share.. we need to keep the good ones in business.
jason1986
post Jun 12 2015, 08:26 PM

On my way
653 posts

bought a daikin 1.5hp inverter FTK15P (R410A) - P Serial without installation at RM1400. Is the price ok? How much to expect for installation?

Am also looking for another unit of 1hp inverter. Any reasonably priced ones to recommend?

This post has been edited by jason1986: Jun 12 2015, 08:31 PM
^Ware^wolf
post Jun 13 2015, 09:37 AM

Enthusiast
906 posts

QUOTE(jason1986 @ Jun 12 2015, 08:26 PM)
bought a daikin 1.5hp inverter FTK15P (R410A) - P Serial without installation at RM1400. Is the price ok? How much to expect for installation?

Am also looking for another unit of 1hp inverter. Any reasonably priced ones to recommend?
1.5hp installation about 250 .... 1hp inverter around 1200..sharp inverter plasmacluster.... 1400 for 1.5hp inverter is very cheap ....I bought my 1.5hp sharp inverter plasmacluster at RM1499 , on March 2015
river.sand
post Jun 13 2015, 10:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,742 posts

There are several air con threads. Best to ask moderator to merge them.
mghong
post Jun 14 2015, 12:38 AM

Casual
450 posts

i getting 1hp / 1.5hp/ 2hp all pana inverter recently so far still ok touch wood.

going to next phase now , either getting pana again or daikin ...really want to try other brand but contractor said..better dont..(maybe not much commission ) hahahah
halcyon27
post Jun 14 2015, 08:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,138 posts

QUOTE(mghong @ Jun 14 2015, 12:38 AM)
i getting 1hp / 1.5hp/ 2hp all pana inverter recently so far still ok  touch wood.

going to next phase now , either getting pana again or daikin ...really want to try other brand but contractor said..better dont..(maybe not much commission ) hahahah
Bedroom or non bedroom? Bedroom try Sharp plasma cluster inverter. The fourth generation inverter much improved. Using first gen in old DSH for kids room and blow air ceiling wards. Cool cocoon at 28° with 1-2 speed fan produces windchill like 26-27° yet at comfortable humidity.

What's the price of the pana inverter for the model you installed?
halcyon27
post Jun 14 2015, 08:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,138 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 11 2015, 08:39 PM)

Bro, if the AC refrigerant flow is impaired this will happen. Same if there's a leak or there's not enough charge. I can't explain it but it happen also if the windows or door is not closed and the AC is near it. Installers are hit and miss. If you're in Klang Valley I can recommend one.
coolkwc
post Jun 14 2015, 03:06 PM

3,104 posts

Yerterday the installer boss himself come to my house to install a new set ME at my home, 4 bastard need 3.5 hours to install, he himself alone 1.5 hours settle, see how big the different.

Finally can enjoy the ME aircond yesternight, not bad at all. Just think that the price actually can bought 1.5 daikin inverter adi.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 14 2015, 03:08 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 14 2015, 03:06 PM)
Yerterday the installer boss himself come to my house to install a new set ME at my home, 4 bastard need 3.5 hours to install, he himself alone 1.5 hours settle, see how big the different.

Finally can enjoy the ME aircond yesternight, not bad at all. Just think that the price actually can bought 1.5 daikin inverter adi.
D
Conclusion?

Best or poor of ME set?
coolkwc
post Jun 14 2015, 03:17 PM

3,104 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 14 2015, 03:08 PM)
D
Conclusion?

Best or poor of ME set?
I never compare with other brand, solely based on what i got is good, but just too expensive.

No matter how, when i move in to the new house, the 2hp inverter i opt for living room will never be ME i think...would like to give a try to Daikin or Hitachi.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 14 2015, 03:23 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 14 2015, 03:17 PM)
I never compare with other brand, solely based on what i got is good, but just too expensive.

No matter how, when i move in to the new house, the 2hp inverter i opt for living room will never be ME i think...would like to give a try to Daikin or Hitachi.
I see, should try Daikin inverter in future
halcyon27
post Jun 14 2015, 10:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,138 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 14 2015, 03:17 PM)

MHI can consider. Very flexible air flow pattern. See here. I use Sharp 2.5HP but previous generation AHXP24MV due to the ability to deflect air flow to the ceiling, self cleaning and plasmacluster. New generation has long air throw.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jun 14 2015, 10:06 PM
snailly
post Jun 14 2015, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

Hi guys, need advice. My new aircon Panasonic hp 1.5, when I turn on, got blowing noise and can also hear the compressor making noise. Is it normal? I thought aircon are supposed to be quiet? And when at the balcony really can hear the compressor engine sound.. Please help.....
SUSkimsim
post Jun 14 2015, 11:08 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(snailly @ Jun 14 2015, 10:33 PM)
Hi guys, need advice. My new aircon Panasonic hp 1.5, when I turn on, got blowing noise and can also hear the compressor making noise. Is it normal? I thought aircon are supposed to be quiet? And when at the balcony really can hear the compressor engine sound.. Please help.....
Like it ?

That is normal, even new Daikin still not quiet at all

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 14 2015, 11:09 PM
snailly
post Jun 14 2015, 11:59 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 14 2015, 11:08 PM)
Like it ?

That is normal, even new Daikin still not quiet at all
Ya wor, like that wor! Normal ka? Aiyoh means when I turn on aircon will have noise lor! Apala..... Toink!
SUSkimsim
post Jun 15 2015, 07:55 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Yesterday follow a friend services Aircon around in S'pore trip

Just notice the chemical wash would be very damn badly smell at all, but the result quite good n new.

Below was the photos taken

Very 1st from the owner never did maintenace or regular service until gas low and not longer cold at all.
user posted image

After sprayed chemical
user posted image

Completed wash n dryed, the overall like new.
user posted image

Actually for me do a interval regular services is much have one

SUSkimsim
post Jun 15 2015, 08:25 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

To be compare indoor aluminum coil design for more thicken the only ME and would be easily get bend and dent at all.

Pana & hitachi just so so.. Cause very weak can easily bend or dent after wash on coil fin, so the dirty dust would be remain until forever, once remain and reduce the airflow too.

York/Daikin still quite ok than others expansive Japan brands.

LG or samsung never used b4, so can't comments

This is called coil is taken from ME
user posted image
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 15 2015, 10:13 AM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 15 2015, 08:25 AM)
To be compare indoor aluminum coil design for more thicken the only ME and would be easily get bend and dent at all.

Pana & hitachi just so so.. Cause very weak can easily bend or dent after wash on coil fin, so the dirty dust would be remain until forever, once remain and reduce the airflow too.

York/Daikin still quite ok than others expansive Japan brands.

LG or samsung never used b4, so can't comments

This is called coil is taken from ME
user posted image
please compare with my 20 yrs old toshiba
SUSkimsim
post Jun 15 2015, 10:18 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 15 2015, 10:13 AM)
Your is the most legend... Can't compare anything
^Ware^wolf
post Jun 15 2015, 02:08 PM

Enthusiast
906 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 15 2015, 10:18 AM)
Your is the most legend... Can't compare anything
received my electricity bill ...1 unit 1.0hp daily sharp inverter aircon usage for 6hours , 2 water heater use for 2x daily , 430l Sharp inverter fridge , 1 water boiler cook water 1x daily . monthly only RM65....

time to throw my water boiler and switch to gas cooked already ... electricity consumption quite high for water boiler....

This post has been edited by ^Ware^wolf: Jun 15 2015, 02:08 PM
^Ware^wolf
post Jun 15 2015, 02:10 PM

Enthusiast
906 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 15 2015, 10:13 AM)
im not willing to pay higher electricity bill , juz to save RM1.3k for a new 1.0hp inverter aircon....
SUSkimsim
post Jun 15 2015, 02:12 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(^Ware^wolf @ Jun 15 2015, 02:08 PM)
received my electricity bill ...1 unit 1.0hp daily sharp inverter aircon usage for 6hours , 2 water heater use for 2x daily , 430l Sharp inverter fridge , 1 water boiler cook water 1x daily . monthly only RM65....

time to throw my water boiler and switch to gas cooked already ... electricity consumption quite high for water boiler....
Now you realised the electric boiler water used more than Aircon right.
^Ware^wolf
post Jun 15 2015, 02:15 PM

Enthusiast
906 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 15 2015, 02:12 PM)
Now you realised the electric boiler water used more than Aircon right.
ya.. it use 1200w ...omg doh.gif
Zack Styler
post Jun 15 2015, 04:59 PM

Regular
1,273 posts

Hi all need some help here..

Am having some issue with Mitsubishi air-con, model is MSY-GJ10VA..

Seems when the aircon is running for the 1st few hours it will have popping and ice cracking sound from the indoor unit, after achieved the desired temperature no more got sound.. sweat.gif

But if I increase or lower the blower fan speed, it will have a cracking sound and popping sound for few minutes..

Have the Mitsubishi technician checked and he mentioned nothing is wrong..

Please help as its scaring the kids with those weird sound in the middle of the night.. doh.gif

SUSkimsim
post Jun 15 2015, 05:10 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(Zack Styler @ Jun 15 2015, 04:59 PM)
Hi all need some help here..

Am having some issue with Mitsubishi air-con, model is MSY-GJ10VA..

Seems when the aircon is running for the 1st few hours it will have popping and ice cracking sound from the indoor unit, after achieved the desired temperature no more got sound.. sweat.gif

But if I increase or lower the blower fan speed, it will have a cracking sound and popping sound for few minutes..

Have the Mitsubishi technician checked and he mentioned nothing is wrong..

Please help as its scaring the kids with those weird sound in the middle of the night.. doh.gif
Just double check the Aircon when installer they used hammer & nail the wall plate or used drill and screw to tie the wall plate?

Once the wall plate has been something dent then after temp had changed, would be created the cracking noise when compressor stop after gas kick in.

Installation to be the most important than the Aircon smile.gif

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 15 2015, 05:14 PM
idoblu
post Jun 15 2015, 05:14 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

Why one of my Panasonic inverter Aircon, the remote like not sensitive. Strange thing is this unit is the closest and lowest than the rest yet it cannot detect the remote. Have to really point at the Aircon baru can.

It also makes a noise when the louvers are swinging on their own. Also after it is completely off, it can make a noise like opening or closing some valve.

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jun 15 2015, 05:15 PM
SUSkimsim
post Jun 15 2015, 05:17 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jun 15 2015, 05:14 PM)
Why one of my Panasonic inverter Aircon, the remote like not sensitive. Strange thing is this unit is the closest and lowest than the rest yet it cannot detect the remote. Have to really point at the Aircon baru can.

It also makes a noise when the louvers are swinging on their own.
I told you already, Pana never solve the louvre swing motor over a 10 yrs b4.

Just put some grease on swing motor then solve.

Remote control like KDK or Pana ceiling fan must be point to the sensor then baru detected
Zack Styler
post Jun 15 2015, 05:18 PM

Regular
1,273 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 15 2015, 05:10 PM)
Just double check the Aircon when installer they used hammer & nail the wall plate or used drill and screw to tie the wall plate?

Once the wall plate has been something dent then after temp had changed, would be created the cracking noise when compressor stop after gas kick in.

Installation to be the most important than the Aircon smile.gif
Just checked and its drill and screw..
idoblu
post Jun 15 2015, 05:19 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 15 2015, 05:17 PM)
I told you already, Pana never solve the louvre swing motor over a 10 yrs b4.

Just put some grease on swing motor then solve.

Remote control like KDK or Pana ceiling fan must be point to the sensor then baru detected
But my other units also Panasonic, the remote works fine.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 15 2015, 05:20 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jun 15 2015, 05:19 PM)
But my other units also Panasonic, the remote works fine.
Just switch to other remote see is it work as fine?
SUSkimsim
post Jun 16 2015, 11:16 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Now was cold weather so nobody pump up the thread laugh.gif
SUSkimsim
post Jun 17 2015, 08:27 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Actually non inverter Aircon still much noisy and over heating the place too.

Noise wise still never improved

SUSleonhart88
post Jun 17 2015, 08:58 AM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 17 2015, 08:27 AM)

kin

daikin non inverter thailand less noisy than daikin inverter one
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 17 2015, 08:58 AM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 17 2015, 08:27 AM)

kin

SUSkimsim
post Jun 17 2015, 09:04 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 17 2015, 08:58 AM)
My neighbor used Daikin non inverter Thailand one.. The noise much higher wow... After 1 yr usages = 20 yrs old inverter Aircon noise condition

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 17 2015, 09:04 AM
zzzxtreme
post Jun 17 2015, 06:49 PM

Synth Freak
4,264 posts

hi, I have a working compressor, just indoor unit rosak

anyone knows anyone who happens to want to buy compressor unit ? item in kg. lindungan, sunway
SUSkimsim
post Jun 17 2015, 06:56 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(zzzxtreme @ Jun 17 2015, 06:49 PM)
hi, I have a working compressor, just indoor unit rosak

anyone knows anyone who happens to want to buy compressor unit ? item in kg. lindungan, sunway
Just post at WTS thread should help a lots
broken_heart
post Jun 21 2015, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

Hello, I intend to buy few units of ME air con as it seems that it gets a lot of good feedback here. I wondering how is their after sell service ? Is the spare part more expensive than others ?

How is the noise and coldness of ME inverter and non-inverter
thank you.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 21 2015, 09:41 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(broken_heart @ Jun 21 2015, 08:52 AM)
Hello, I intend to buy few units of ME air con as it seems that it gets a lot of good feedback here. I wondering how is their after sell service ? Is the spare part more expensive than others ?

How is the noise and coldness of ME inverter and non-inverter
thank you.
I always consider spare part center and service center's location first. As far as I know, ME failed on me for this in Seremban.
broken_heart
post Jun 21 2015, 09:44 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jun 21 2015, 09:41 AM)
I always consider spare part center and service center's location first. As far as I know, ME failed on me for this in Seremban.
Thanks for the inputs. What about the quality of the product - inverter and non-inverter deluxe ?
Are there performing well cold and quiet ? Thanks
SUSsupersound
post Jun 21 2015, 09:45 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(broken_heart @ Jun 21 2015, 09:44 AM)
Thanks for the inputs. What about the quality of the product - inverter and non-inverter deluxe ?
Are there performing well cold and quiet ? Thanks
All new air cond sure will be quiet for the first few years, especially Japanese brands. If you want noisy type, Samseng will be my first option whistling.gif
SUSkimsim
post Jun 21 2015, 10:39 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jun 21 2015, 09:45 AM)
All new air cond sure will be quiet for the first few years, especially Japanese brands. If you want noisy type, Samseng will be my first option whistling.gif
So that bad meh?

If you were compare to kimchi the price tag is alway cheaper than LG or Japan brand
^Ware^wolf
post Jun 21 2015, 10:48 AM

Enthusiast
906 posts

Juz bought 2packs of air con filter from daiso Aeon bkt tinggi....is this the latest packaging ? I remembered last time not like that ....only need 2/3 of the filter .... For sharp air con... The extra 1/3will use on the sharp air filter...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
broken_heart
post Jun 21 2015, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jun 21 2015, 09:45 AM)
ME and Pana which one is more recommended ? I'm in dilemma now...:-(

greyshadow
post Jun 21 2015, 12:32 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,803 posts

I got this pana non-inverter 1hp aircon in my room, 8 years already

last year got repair once for the compressor, replaced the capacitor or transformer thingy, as the technician claim the compressor wasn't working
refilled the gas as well.

then last night again the same thing, not cold at all, at it's the the hottest night of the year! doh.gif

I'm guessing must be the compressor again doh.gif
now thinking should I fork out few hundred just to repair & service it
or should I just throw this 8 years old unit away and go grab a new inverter type? hmm.gif

do the aircon men accept the used units as trade in? hmm.gif
Jason
post Jun 21 2015, 12:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,703 posts

QUOTE(broken_heart @ Jun 21 2015, 11:19 AM)
Panasonic inverter Econavi if you're concerned about power consumption but not cold.

Daikin GA if you want maximum cold, plenty service, cheap spare parts.

ME I dunno. It's expensive and spare parts I have no clue.

I would choose Daikin GA.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 21 2015, 03:05 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(broken_heart @ Jun 21 2015, 11:19 AM)
From a happy Panasonic fanboy for the past 20 years, I'll will say Panasonic, since every state got spare part shop and service center.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 21 2015, 03:09 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jun 21 2015, 12:32 PM)

last year got repair once for the compressor, replaced the capacitor or transformer thingy, as the technician claim the compressor wasn't working

then last night again the same thing, not cold at all, at it's the the hottest night of the year! doh.gif

or should I just throw this 8 years old unit away and go grab a new inverter type? hmm.gif

Usually for non inverter, the capacitor will be the first to fail especially if you set the temperature too near to ambient temperature.
And when you refill your gas, did you do the major service on the indoor unit or not? If you never do, then sure it will give you the same problem.
The temperature sensor are attached to the cooling coil in the indoor unit, so if it is very dirty, the cooling coil will be cool down very fast and shut the outdoor unit fast. To confirm on this, just check if the outdoor unit workong or not.
KuzumiTaiga
post Jun 21 2015, 04:36 PM

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,256 posts

Need help, can someone please recommend me a 2HP air conditioning unit? For living room. 30x18ft space. Daikin seems cheaper but will it eat up A WHOLE LOT MORE electricity compared to my old non inverter Panasonic 1Hp (used for small room)? Would appreciate shop recommendation too, location cheras kajang
PowerGadget
post Jun 21 2015, 09:21 PM

On my way
528 posts

Hello guys,my panasonic 1.0hp non inverter air cond working weirdly recently. The motor seemed to be automatic switch off and on every 5 minutes interval despite I adjusted the air conditioner to 16 degree Celsius. When I open the cover of the air cond, I saw a lot of water droplet on the fins. I think this causes air cond seemed to be not blowing any air out of it.. So I try to clean it out and the air cond started to blowing out cold air again but the motor still keep switch off itself making the whole room so hot.. I wonder is it worth to repair? The air cond is about two years+.

SUSkimsim
post Jun 21 2015, 10:09 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Jun 21 2015, 09:21 PM)
Hello guys,my panasonic 1.0hp non inverter air cond working weirdly recently. The motor seemed to be automatic switch off and on every 5 minutes interval despite I adjusted the air conditioner to 16 degree Celsius. When I open the cover of the air cond, I saw a lot of water droplet on the fins. I think this causes air cond seemed to be not blowing any air out of it.. So I try to clean it out and the air cond started to blowing out cold air again but the motor still keep switch off itself making the whole room so hot.. I wonder is it worth to repair? The air cond is about two years+.
Gas leaking & clogging on pipe
SUSkimsim
post Jun 21 2015, 10:10 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Jun 21 2015, 04:36 PM)
Need help, can someone please recommend me a 2HP air conditioning unit? For living room. 30x18ft space. Daikin seems cheaper but will it eat up A WHOLE LOT MORE electricity compared to my old non inverter Panasonic 1Hp (used for small room)? Would appreciate shop recommendation too, location cheras kajang
Believe me Daikin 2hp inverter works well for u
KuzumiTaiga
post Jun 21 2015, 10:30 PM

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,256 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 21 2015, 10:10 PM)
Believe me Daikin 2hp inverter works well for u
is it true that inverter air conds are not as cold as standard air cond? I think inverter is like RM800 more expensive than non-inverter right.

540square feet living room

This post has been edited by KuzumiTaiga: Jun 21 2015, 10:52 PM
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 07:51 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Jun 21 2015, 10:30 PM)
is it true that inverter air conds are not as cold as standard air cond? I think inverter is like RM800 more expensive than non-inverter right.

540square feet living room
Ya quite big of the area.

You might consider for 2hp at least, inverter can allow you turn on more often.. Rather than non inverter for 3 hours only.

cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 08:01 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 07:51 AM)
Ya quite big of the area.

You might consider for 2hp at least, inverter can allow you turn on more often.. Rather than non inverter for 3 hours  only.
Non-inverter can turn on 3 hours only? laugh.gif

cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 08:05 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jun 21 2015, 12:32 PM)

Sometimes, it is not worthwhile to fix old problematic appliances.

Labour cost may be expensive, as well as you don't have warranty that after the fix, it will not be problematic.
Fixing a compressor or replacing compressor may cost a couple of hundred buck already, unless it is just replacing inexpensive part like capacitor etc, which just a simple fix, then different story.

SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 08:24 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 22 2015, 08:01 AM)
Non-inverter can turn on 3 hours only?  laugh.gif
That is the common sense on ppls who ever installed non inverter for turn on 3 hours only for when is hot weather or for show only laugh.gif

For more ppls who ever used Aircon very often deffinelty go for inverter lah... Ha ha
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 08:27 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

When think for save a unit price than end out cant afford to pay much higher bill wow

2hp n above the current input watt really much higher at least 1600-1800w

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 22 2015, 08:28 AM
greyshadow
post Jun 22 2015, 08:38 AM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,803 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jun 21 2015, 03:09 PM)
Usually for non inverter, the capacitor will be the first to fail especially if you set the temperature too near to ambient temperature.
And when you refill your gas, did you do the major service on the indoor unit or not? If you never do, then sure it will give you the same problem.
The temperature sensor are attached to the cooling coil in the indoor unit, so if it is very dirty, the cooling coil will be cool down very fast and shut the outdoor unit fast. To confirm on this, just check if the outdoor unit workong or not.
aiks... yeah, I set my aircons in both my room and my kids room to around 24C - 26C only
so far my kids room aircon already changed the capacitor twice already within a year blink.gif
this would be my second time changing capacitor for my room in a year, which I hope it is.
yeah, last time when they changed the capacitor, they refill the gas and service the indoor unit as well.

So if we were to set the temp to close to ambient temp then the capacitor will be blown easily?
but if we set too low, electricity bill gonna be high, set too high; higher chance for a blown capacitor?

I wonder if changing to the inverter type would solve this? or is it the same with all aircons? hmm.gif

SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 08:46 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jun 22 2015, 08:38 AM)
aiks... yeah, I set my aircons in both my room and my kids room to around 24C - 26C only
so far my kids room aircon already changed the capacitor twice already within a year  blink.gif
this would be my second time changing capacitor for my room in a year, which I hope it is.
yeah, last time when they changed the capacitor, they refill the gas and service the indoor unit as well.

So if we were to set the temp to close to ambient temp then the capacitor will be blown easily?
but if we set too low, electricity bill gonna be high, set too high; higher chance for a blown capacitor?

I wonder if changing to the inverter type would solve this? or is it the same with all aircons? hmm.gif
Because you keep the compressor on & off too often then easily to damage the capacitor

Otherwise change to inverter even set to 27C still working as well
cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 08:47 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 08:24 AM)
That is the common sense on ppls who ever installed non inverter for turn on 3 hours only for when is hot weather or for show only laugh.gif

For more ppls who ever used Aircon very often deffinelty go for inverter lah... Ha ha
Ten of thousand of offices, shops are using non-inverter air-cond for more than 8~10 hours out there.
So they turn on 3 hours?
or they are stupid to install non-inverter?
No
Why?

Because there won't be much saving by using inverter air-cond in those environmenet, as people go in and out frequently that resulted loss of cool air frequently, and the air-cond won't able to achieve desired temp like 23c, whereby the advantage of inverter air-cond won't be significant.

Despite pages and pages explaining how inverter works, and how the saving come from, it seems still can get a grasp of the understanding on the inverter mechanism.

Inverter /= automatic save current.
It depended on how it works, and being used.

Undersize air-cond, room that can't properly heat insulated, or loss of heat, aka cool air can't properly contained within the room, you won't see the saving from inverter.
As when inverter is full blast or running 100% time, the electricity consumption is as same as non-inverter.

Look at the label of electricity consumption of inverter compressor, the wattage needed by inverter is as same as non-inverter.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 08:51 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 22 2015, 08:47 AM)
Ten of thousand of offices, shops are using non-inverter air-cond for more than 8~10 hours out there.
So they turn on 3 hours?
No
Why?

Because there won't be much saving by using inverter air-cond in those environmenet, as people go in and out frequently that resulted loss of cool air frequently, and the air-cond won't able to achieve desired temp like 23c, whereby the advantage of inverter air-cond won't be significant.

Despite pages and pages explaining how inverter works, and how the saving come from, it seems still can get a grasp  of the understanding on the inverter mechanism.

Undersize air-cond, room that can't properly heat insulated, or loss of heat, aka cool air can't properly contained within the room, you won't see the saving from inverter.
As when inverter is full blast or running 100% time, the electricity consumption is as same as non-inverter.

Look at the label of electricity consumption of inverter compressor, the wattage needed by inverter is as same as non-inverter.
Office is never care about what Aircon are you usage since the air can keep that area as cold as possible.

Coz in office is earn money one.

Unlike home user may suffer on electric bill for monthly, nowadays everything has been increased, then still wanna worried about electric bill anymore..

laugh.gif

Different situation from ppls of views

You still never realized from non inverter change to inverter for monthly bills do you can save how much.

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 22 2015, 08:57 AM
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 09:31 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 22 2015, 08:47 AM)
So they turn on 3 hours?
No
Why?

Despite pages and pages explaining how inverter works, and how the saving come from, it seems still can get a grasp  of the understanding on the inverter mechanism.

A: as for inverter should draw much more power consumption than non inverter, cause from inverter is offer to variable speed & capacity of cooling.

Normal 1hp inverter can able to achieve from 8500-12000 max Btu, is depend your fan & temperature preset.

A: inverter have part loan after the temperature reaching may runs lower or slower speed of outdoor unit, even at night time the noise also keep as low than day time.

cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 09:33 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 08:51 AM)
Office is never care about what Aircon are you usage since the air can keep that area as cold as possible.

Coz in office is earn money one.

Unlike home user may suffer on electric bill for monthly, nowadays everything has been increased, then still wanna worried about electric bill anymore..

laugh.gif

Different situation from ppls of views

You still never realized from non inverter change to inverter for monthly bills do you can save how much.
Offices space consume even more electricity, with most corporate environment are cost saving minded nowadays, every opportunity that they can save cost, they will do

That's why I said, still can't get a grasp how inverter works.

Inverter does save you electricity when being used in desired condition, but it is not "automatically" give you the saving.

Look at the label on the compressor or spec of inverter compressor, does it stated inverter compressor consume 30% or 50% less than non-inverter?
The answer is no.

SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 09:40 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 22 2015, 09:33 AM)
Offices space consume even more electricity, with most corporate environment are cost saving minded nowadays, every opportunity that they can save cost, they will do

That's why I said, still can't get a grasp how inverter works.

Inverter does save you electricity when being used in desired condition, but it is not "automatically" give you the saving.

Look at the label on the compressor or spec of inverter compressor, does it stated inverter compressor consume 30% or 50% less than non-inverter?
The answer is no.
Just remember what I said inverter have part load.
Non inverter is fixed speed there is never reduce the power consumption an even the temperature pre-set are reached..

The only works as on & off, but for non inverter would more accurate on & off very often is due to raining day and night time after 2am to next morning.

When is day time from the non inverter is never works as on & off unless is set to 28C ha ha

Compare to 1hp below
If consider part load as low as 450w per hour vs fixed speed as normal input watt as 800w they Is between the big gap.

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 22 2015, 09:42 AM
cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 09:48 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 09:31 AM)

A: as for inverter should draw much more power consumption than non inverter, cause from inverter is offer to variable speed & capacity of cooling.

Normal 1hp inverter can able to achieve from 8500-12000 max Btu, is depend your fan & temperature preset.

A: inverter have part loan after the temperature reaching may runs lower or slower speed of outdoor unit, even at night time the noise also keep as low than day time.
Inverter still need to run at 100% to cool down the room when the room is not cold enough or far from the desired temperature.

Tell me, when the room temperature is 28c, while the preset temperature tell the air-cond to achieve 18c,
what the compressor will do?

Run at partial load? your room will forever not cool enough, as at partial load, the coolness delivered also becoming partial.
The compressor need to run at 100% rpm to cool down the room in this situation.
Run at 100% rpm --> electricity consumption is as same as non-inverter.

SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 09:52 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 22 2015, 09:48 AM)
Inverter still need to run at 100% to cool down the room when the room is not cold enough or far from the desired temperature.

Tell me, when the room temperature is 28c, while the preset temperature tell the air-cond to achieve 18c,
what the compressor will do?

Run at partial load? your room will forever not cool enough, as at partial load, the coolness delivered also becoming partial.
The compressor need to run at 100% rpm to cool down the room in this situation.
Run at 100% rpm --> electricity consumption is as same as non-inverter.
That is why an inverter is offer for R410a gas only
To help the faster & lower temperatures are maintenace on 24-25c only.

Just try install Daikin GA inverter you may feel different
cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 09:52 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 09:40 AM)
Just remember what I said inverter have part load.
Non inverter is fixed speed there is never reduce the power consumption an even the temperature pre-set are reached..

The only works as on & off, but for non inverter would more accurate on & off very often is due to raining day and night time after 2am to next morning.

When is day time from the non inverter is never works as on & off unless is set to 28C ha ha

Compare to 1hp below
If consider part load as low as 450w per hour vs fixed speed as normal input watt as 800w they Is between the big gap.
Another wrong understanding.

Non-inverter shut down the compressor when the preset temperature is reached, this is where the power consumption being reduced, but this is poor compared to inverter mechanism of reduce the rpm of the compressor.

Inverter doesn't run partial load all the time, it depended on the situation.
When inverter sense big difference between the room temperature vs its pre-set desired temperature, it needs to run at 100%.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 09:57 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 22 2015, 09:52 AM)
Another wrong understanding.

Non-inverter shut down the compressor when the preset temperature is reached, this is where the power consumption being reduced, but this is poor compared to inverter mechanism of reduce the rpm of the compressor.

Inverter doesn't run partial load all the time, it depended on the situation.
When inverter sense big difference between the room temperature vs its pre-set desired temperature, it needs to run at 100%.
Ok ok.. Nowadays still available for non inverter model..
Wait one more day is totally phase out then you would realize the inverter more accurate and works lower power consumption at all
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 22 2015, 10:05 AM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 09:57 AM)
Wait one more day is totally phase out then you would realize the inverter more accurate and works lower power consumption at all
non inverter will exist forever la.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 22 2015, 10:08 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jun 22 2015, 08:38 AM)
so far my kids room aircon already changed the capacitor twice already within a year  blink.gif

Capacitor is store store enough of charge to energize the outdoor unit.
By changing to inverter, indeed it will solve this issue.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 10:08 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 22 2015, 10:05 AM)
non inverter will exist forever la.
Of coz now has R410a non inverter mah laugh.gif

Check here, my sister in law just installed it model.. Good for cooling, but not for quiet.

user posted image

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 22 2015, 10:13 AM
GuyzNexDoor
post Jun 22 2015, 10:10 AM

Casual
474 posts

1st time come in here.. thinking of changing my current aircond, Sharp plasmacluster which is no longer blowing cool air. So, my preference would be 1.5hp Daikin air conditioner.

Just need some advice and clarification, what's the difference between Wall-Mounted Series and Single-Split Inverter Series? Which one is better?

Thanks a lot.
cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 10:11 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 09:57 AM)
The one doesn't realise the mechanism within youself, despite pages and pages and numerous of time other explaining.

Another wrong statement.

It is gas R-22 phase out, not non-inverter.
Non-inverter can work work in R410a gas as well, if manufacturer decided to design the non-inverter to work with the gas, air-cond just need a refrigerant to work with.

It is not inverter must use R410a, or non-inverter must use R-22, only they can work.
Refrigerant function is to "transport" the heat from the indoor to outdoor only.

Inverter and non-inverter is just about how compressor works.
Inverter use DC to control the compressor rpm, while non-inverter using AC, which cannot control the rpm.

Non-inverter is not banned, it is R-22 will be banned in the future.

Inverter does save electricity and work at lower power consumption, but it depends on what is the condition of the room.

That's why no manufacturers give accurate number how much inverter can save (they can only advertise save as much as 30% or 50% with a * behind,
because the saving variable depended on the room condition itself, which vary from one and another.

SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 10:16 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 22 2015, 10:11 AM)
The one doesn't realise the mechanism within youself, despite pages and pages and numerous of time other explaining.

Another wrong statement.

Non-inverter can work work in R410a gas as well, if manufacturer decided to design the non-inverter to work with the gas, air-cond just need a refrigerant to work with.

It is not inverter must use R410a, or non-inverter must use R-22, only they can work.
Refrigerant function is to "transport" the heat from the indoor to outdoor only.

Inverter use DC to control the compressor rpm, while non-inverter using AC, which cannot control the rpm. 

Inverter does save electricity and work at lower power consumption, but it depends on what is the condition of the room.

That's why no manufacturers give accurate number how much inverter can save (they can only advertise save as much as 30% or 50% with a * behind,
because the saving variable depended on the room condition itself, which vary from one and another.
Just go back home n turn on your 2.5hp non inverter for full days at least done on at least 8 hrs.

After change to inverter 2.5hp also turn on 8 hrs like me now..

So for me is never worried about higher electricity bill at all.

But I would stay away from non inverter lah

Simple tell u from non inverter 2hp easily clock higher power consumption than 2.5hp inverter unit.

Don't ask me why

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 22 2015, 10:25 AM
westley0214
post Jun 22 2015, 10:24 AM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 10:16 AM)
Just go back home n turn on your 2.5hp non inverter for full days at least done on at least 8 hrs.

It depends on the room size. Of course if your inverter air cond can reach the desired temp, you will save electricity.

For big rooms which will forever cannot achieve desired temperature, you won't save any electricity at all.

Seriously you need to understand the mechanism on the savings.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 10:26 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jun 22 2015, 10:24 AM)
It depends on the room size. Of course if your inverter air cond can reach the desired temp, you will save electricity.

For big rooms which will forever cannot achieve desired temperature, you won't save any electricity at all.

lol big room go for bigger hose power lah..

Who said can't achieve?

Did you the inverter user?

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 22 2015, 10:27 AM
cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 10:28 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

Simple tell u from non inverter 2hp easily clock higher power consumption than 2.5hp inverter unit.

Don't ask me why
Because you don't understand the working mechanism.
That's why you cannot answer, and tell people "don't ask me why".

westley0214
post Jun 22 2015, 10:28 AM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 10:26 AM)
So tell me now, if you have limited budget, and you can only choose one. Which one will save you more electricity now?

1. Bigger horsepower without inverter (that can make your room achieve desired temp).
2. Small horsepower, with inverter.

Both same price.

(Sorry but bigger horsepower with inverter is not an option due to limited budget).

Now you know why inverter doesn't always save electricity like you wish.
westley0214
post Jun 22 2015, 10:29 AM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 10:26 AM)

Who said can't achieve?

Did you the inverter user?
I use both and I know the mechanism behind the savings. Unlike you.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 10:29 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jun 22 2015, 10:28 AM)
So tell me now, if you have limited budget, and you can only choose one. Which one will save you more electricity now?

1. Bigger horsepower without inverter (that can make your room achieve desired temp).
2. Small horsepower, with inverter.

Both same price.

(Sorry but bigger horsepower with inverter is not an option due to limited budget).

Now you know why inverter doesn't always save electricity like you wish.
That is why the mainly is due to budget right
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 10:31 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jun 22 2015, 10:29 AM)
I use both and I know the mechanism behind the savings. Unlike you.
Using both is never get the acurrate power consumption
westley0214
post Jun 22 2015, 10:31 AM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 10:31 AM)
Using both is never get the acurrate power consumption
I mean I use non-inverter before and changed to inverter now.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 10:34 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jun 22 2015, 10:31 AM)
I mean I use non-inverter before and changed to inverter now.
Be coz you force the unit run in lower temperatures, when gas not enought please top up lah

In good condition Aircon of inverter you won't set lower to 24C, just gas not enough and feel warm then just keep like non inverter set to 23C at all

Different brands may different cooling, don't tell me your unit are Pana inverter, is the worst to compare even Daikin GA made in Malaysia brand

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 22 2015, 10:39 AM
westley0214
post Jun 22 2015, 10:43 AM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 10:34 AM)
Be coz you force the unit run in lower temperatures, when gas not enought please top up lah

In good condition Aircon of inverter you won't set lower to 24C, just gas not enough and feel warm then just keep like non inverter set to 23C at all

Different brands may different cooling, don't tell me your unit are Pana inverter, is the worst to compare even Daikin GA made in Malaysia brand
1. I don't run my unit at lower temperatures. Please do not assume thing.

2. I don't use Pana brand. Please do not assume thing.

3. I use Daikin. Please do not assume thing.

4. I did achieve savings. Because I know the mechanism behind the savings. Please do not assume thing.

Get your facts right.
cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 10:44 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 10:34 AM)

I really give up now... laugh.gif

SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 10:54 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jun 22 2015, 10:43 AM)
1. I don't run my unit at lower temperatures. Please do not assume thing.

2. I don't use Pana brand. Please do not assume thing.

3. I use Daikin. Please do not assume thing.

4. I did achieve savings. Because I know the mechanism behind the savings. Please do not assume thing.

Get your facts right.
If mechanism behind power consumption clock more than Aircons than don't simple claim the inverter Aircon use much higher power

Still don't understand the inverter Aircon works from
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 10:56 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 22 2015, 10:44 AM)
I really give up now...  laugh.gif
Simple life you still dunno Aircon need to check gas presure meh?

Don't told me your Aircons is free for serving also self cleaning dust.
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 22 2015, 11:06 AM

Regular
1,686 posts

Don't ask me why
however, why your electricity bill high? for me, I dont care about electricity bill as long as it is fast cooling. I dont find any r410a or inverter could give me fast cooling.

cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 11:09 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 10:56 AM)
Simple life you still dunno Aircon need to check gas presure meh?

Don't told me your Aircons is free for serving also self cleaning dust.
Now, I only know inverter save a lot of power, then rest, throw into drain already, don't need to know, don't ask me why. laugh.gif

SUSleonhart88
post Jun 22 2015, 11:10 AM

Regular
1,686 posts

any hotel or hospital room use inverter ma? they can save more than us.
cherroy
post Jun 22 2015, 11:11 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 22 2015, 11:10 AM)
They don't care one, they only care to make profit. laugh.gif
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 11:13 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 22 2015, 11:09 AM)
Now, I only know inverter save a lot of power, then rest, throw into drain already, don't need to know, don't ask me why.  laugh.gif
you ask the correct answer in b4 pass 6 yrs ago i am doing the way...

non inverter for 1hp i just dismantle on Rm100 to aircon man, even 2hp non inverter less than 2 yrs for Rm250 only..

cause i dont have contribute too much paid for TNB drool.gif

you guys talks so easy, if ask you do the same.. i don't think they will following.. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 22 2015, 11:18 AM
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 11:15 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 22 2015, 11:10 AM)
In malacca hotels more into inverter now
halcyon27
post Jun 22 2015, 11:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,138 posts

Only very small hotels with very small finite number of rooms (no more than than 10) may use inverter but for the cost per unit. In SG most of what I've seen goes towards VRV (variable refrigerant volume) kind of tech. Larger places would use air handler units (AHU) and probably water chilled units. The regular maintenance of air filters and cleaning of indoor unit will eventually hike up operating costs.
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 22 2015, 11:35 AM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 11:13 AM)
you ask the correct answer in b4 pass 6 yrs ago i am doing the way...

non inverter for 1hp i just dismantle on Rm100 to aircon man, even 2hp non inverter less than 2 yrs for Rm250 only..

cause i dont have contribute too much paid for TNB  drool.gif

you guys talks so easy, if ask you do the same.. i don't think they will following..  hmm.gif
if you have 10 non inverter aircons dismantle for rm 100 each good condition. I will buy it from you liao. I bought 20 yrs old toshiba rm 300 including installation. now look for used aircons for my budget hostel rooms

This post has been edited by leonhart88: Jun 22 2015, 11:36 AM
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 11:37 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 22 2015, 11:35 AM)
if you have 10 non inverter aircons dismantle for rm 100 each good condition. I will buy it from you liao.
at that time still heaven't kena u. rclxms.gif
PowerGadget
post Jun 22 2015, 11:48 AM

On my way
528 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 21 2015, 10:09 PM)
Gas leaking & clogging on pipe
Roughly how much is the cost of repairing and is it worth to repair?
Can you recommend me a good replacement for it? I'm using the air cond for about 8-12 hours a day and the room is quite small,about 13x13
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 11:52 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Jun 22 2015, 11:48 AM)
Roughly how much is the cost of repairing and is it worth to repair?
Can you recommend me a good replacement for it? I'm using the air cond for about 8-12 hours a day and the room is quite small,about 13x13
Top up gas is around Rm80 and clogging pipe water dipping have to check wow.

cause i am not too sure in someway m'sia rclxms.gif

13x13 = 4x4m go for daikin ga 1hp inverter you wont get disappointed of the cooling and very accurate to keep you room cold down as fast.

price also cheap.

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 22 2015, 11:54 AM
halcyon27
post Jun 22 2015, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,138 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jun 22 2015, 10:24 AM)

Actually what most of us call living room depending on the house layout is a misnomer. Although on the drawing/plan it specifies living and dining, the word room is not there. It's more like living spaces and dining spaces where the area actually is one large open floor space. If I were to size AC correctly, it would have to include both or have two AC. Second option means more hacking which is already a challenge for condos.

I also discovered that to size it correctly is not easily acheived. Say that I want to put a 2.5 or 3 HP AC. Some condos have casement windows with fixed middle bar (to secure closure of window) that is not wide enough to allow 2HP compressor hence only 1.5HP max. Only those with balcony spaces that have AC ledges next to it or the unit is on the first floor and it's within reach of a 16' ladder. Very frustrating.

So when in my current place, I decided to address this issue where the AC would forever run due to leakages of open space layout. I added a close-able glass door partition separating the living from the dining. With this in place, the partitioned space can be called a room. Only then can the AC run and then 'cut out' when the preset temperature is reached. Usually it's 27-26 degrees and 25 only when the sun is out and it's really humid. Ceiling fan helps disperse cool air.

Thus, the area has to be evaluated as to whether it's well defined by enclosed by walls and doors/narrow opening or it's actually one large space where there's an architectural demarcation (living or dining) in which case if there's no partitioning to be used, go for a larger AC. For condos, it's good if there's a balcony since that doesn't restrict the use of a 2.5 or 3.0HP.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jun 22 2015, 11:58 AM
Jason
post Jun 22 2015, 12:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,703 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 22 2015, 10:11 AM)

Another wrong statement.

You're wasting your time trying to explain to him. He basically ignored the part you said about the undersirable scenario there would be no savings between inverter and non inverter. He just keeps spouting half truths.

To summarize, very simple. Look at Papparich, Old Town, those standalone shop lot ones. In their case there would be no savings from inverter air con as the doors are wide open. Cool air will just escape to the atmosphere. The air con would be working 100%. There will be no savings as the LOAD is 100%.

In a sealed environment, such as a room with doors and windows closed, inverter may give you savings.

Likewise if you turn on the air con for only 3 hours or so, it doesn't make a significant difference since inverter and non-inverters would be working 100% to quickly bring the room temperature down.
westley0214
post Jun 22 2015, 12:25 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Jun 22 2015, 12:17 PM)
You're wasting your time trying to explain to him. He basically ignored the part you said about the undersirable scenario there would be no savings between inverter and non inverter. He just keeps spouting half truths.

To summarize, very simple. Look at Papparich, Old Town, those standalone shop lot ones. In their case there would be no savings from inverter air con as the doors are wide open. Cool air will just escape to the atmosphere. The air con would be working 100%. There will be no savings as the LOAD is 100%.

In a sealed environment, such as a room with doors and windows closed, inverter may give you savings.

Likewise if you turn on the air con for only 3 hours or so, it doesn't make a significant difference since inverter and non-inverters would be working 100% to quickly bring the room temperature down.
Actually, I just felt pitiful for those who just listened blindly to his misleading advices.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 12:33 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jun 22 2015, 12:25 PM)
Actually, I just felt pitiful for those who just listened blindly to his misleading advices.
You still dunno how to get save an used with inverter aircon and claims inverter didnt bring down your bills.

Bigger area do not used smaller size of hp at all, even smaller area can be used slightly bigger hp for keep the room quickly cold down as fast as possible to energy saving.

SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 12:35 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Jun 22 2015, 12:17 PM)

Ya agree with you.. that is why they never consider an expansive aircons at all, just possible can cold down the place only.

otherwise they might installed air curtain at every single door opening area to be keep the air wont explore too much outside.
westley0214
post Jun 22 2015, 01:00 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 12:33 PM)
You still dunno how to get save an used with inverter aircon and claims inverter didnt bring down your bills.

Bigger area do not used smaller size of hp at all, even smaller area can be used slightly bigger hp for keep the room quickly cold down as fast as possible to energy saving.
Sorry but I know how to get savings using inverter because I understand the mechanism behind how inverter works. Unlike you who just blindly advised others "get an inverter, you are selfish and only think about yourself if you use non-inverter" bla bla bla...

Since when did I claim that inverter didn't bring down my bills? Don't assume thing.

You are just good at salesman talk. Improve your technical skill.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 01:16 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jun 22 2015, 01:00 PM)
Sorry but I know how to get savings using inverter because I understand the mechanism behind how inverter works. Unlike you who just blindly advised others "get an inverter, you are selfish and only think about yourself if you use non-inverter" bla bla bla...

Since when did I claim that inverter didn't bring down my bills? Don't assume thing.

You are the only one from what i saw now.. who ever after change from inverter may reduce they electricity bill and cut into half... but in your case may different...

just sharing your temperature setting and fan speed with room size will do..

never do the correct set-up you wont get the correct way.

i hope can helping you icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by kimsim: Jun 22 2015, 01:19 PM
westley0214
post Jun 22 2015, 01:19 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 22 2015, 01:16 PM)
You are the only one from what i saw now.. who ever after change from inverter may reduce they electricity bill and cut into half... but in your case may different...

just sharing your setting and fan speed with room size will do..

never do the correct set-up you wont get the correct way.
I already achieved the savings that I needed. Thanks for your offer but I am afraid to listen to your advice now. Not sure whether your advice is correct or not.

Cheers icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by westley0214: Jun 22 2015, 01:20 PM
SUSkimsim
post Jun 22 2015, 01:22 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jun 22 2015, 01:19 PM)
I already achieved the savings that I needed. Thanks for your offer but I am afraid to listen to your advice now. Not sure whether your advice is correct or not.

Cheers  icon_rolleyes.gif
Then worry u r set-up in wrong way right laugh.gif laugh.gif

SUSkimsim
post Jun 24 2015, 07:51 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jun 22 2015, 01:00 PM)

You may find out here as a guide
From 16c you call the compressor runs like optimum and no tomorrow to drink more electricity

26c will be a bit too warm but usually not suitable for adults, but good for children they likely to kick off comforter at night time, also more healthy for them.

25c if your Aircon can achieved your required should use as 25c for common set-up, also save the green environment too..
Outdoor compressor may not runs like overloaded or full load else, just keep normal speed for whole night.

24c might be outdoor more hotter then set to adjust the balance of the room temperature too.

23c - 22c your Aircon not longer in cold condition should check gas pressure or do regular service and maintenance will solved.

20-21c maybe they really can't feel cold at all... That's personal reason, even inverter they might claim the unit not energy saving at all..

river.sand
post Jun 24 2015, 11:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,742 posts

My sister bought a new condo unit. Cables for a/c were pre-installed.
Recently asked an air-con installer to go to have a look. He said the cabling is of 3-wire type, so can only install non-inverter a/c or Panasonic inverter a/c.
Also, he said we can only install 2.0hp a/c in the living room, not more, not less.

Are there such restrictions hmm.gif
SUSkimsim
post Jun 24 2015, 11:57 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Jun 24 2015, 11:54 AM)
Recently asked an air-con installer to go to have a look. He said the cabling is of 3-wire type, so can only install non-inverter a/c or Panasonic inverter a/c.
Also, he said we can only install 2.0hp a/c in the living room, not more, not less.

Are there such restrictions  hmm.gif
Just quote with others shop
calvincty
post Jun 24 2015, 12:13 PM

Getting Started
203 posts

Would like to know how many horsepower needed for my living + dining area.

The aircon location is at dining and currently I've ordered Panasonic non-inverter 1.5hp only, which I'm worry might be not enough..

Area: 24ft x 14ft x 9ft (2 ppls at most of the time, living facing west & lake which I think during afternoon - evening generate quite lots of heat.)
Entrance -> Dining -> Living.

I'm thinking whether should I change it to 2.0hp, need sifus here to give comments.

Thanks!!

SUSleonhart88
post Jun 24 2015, 12:50 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

kimsim cable wire for aircon 3 wires 2*1.5 enough?
SUSkimsim
post Jun 24 2015, 12:57 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 24 2015, 12:50 PM)
kimsim cable wire for aircon 3 wires 2*1.5 enough?
2x1.5 meter ?
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 24 2015, 01:49 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 24 2015, 12:57 PM)
2x1.5 meter ?
mm lah........ ....keke
babyk
post Jun 24 2015, 03:11 PM

All Stars
10,052 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Jun 24 2015, 11:54 AM)

Are there such restrictions  hmm.gif
yes, certain aircond has a feedback sensor cable to the compressor and there will be 4 cables, if it is not done during installation, you might need to hack the wall and get the cables out and put in another cable

so best way is to find the feedback sensor from indoor unit only such as Panasonic or Daikin

for your living room, you can still go for 2.5hp, but the installer must know how to connect the copper hose to the smaller concealed hose
calvincty
post Jun 24 2015, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
203 posts

regarding the refrigerant R410A, is that special requirement on the piping (if I'm not going to use inverter aircon)?

I've asked so many times to the management office & project office of my new condo, no one can give me clear answer whether the pipe installed is able to cope with R410A aircon.

I read over the internet it seems R410A will output higher pressure to the pipe so if the piping is not strong enough that will cause leaking issue?

struggling now whether to get a R410A aircon and hopefully someone here can help me on that.

SUSkimsim
post Jun 24 2015, 04:34 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(calvincty @ Jun 24 2015, 04:28 PM)
regarding the refrigerant R410A, is that special requirement on the piping (if I'm not going to use inverter aircon)?

I've asked so many times to the management office & project office of my new condo, no one can give me clear answer whether the pipe installed is able to cope with R410A aircon.

I read over the internet it seems R410A will output higher pressure to the pipe so if the piping is not strong enough that will cause leaking issue?

struggling now whether to get a R410A aircon and hopefully someone here can help me on that.
Anyway just asking around the block new neighbors and see they had done the Aircon already, otherwise you need Aircon man come on site and check for u
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 24 2015, 05:31 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

I use 2 wire cable type for my aircon r22 no problem
SUSkimsim
post Jun 24 2015, 05:37 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 24 2015, 05:31 PM)
I use 2 wire cable type for my aircon r22 no problem
Just inverter on DC voltage more sensitive only.
Wire do not connected at half way.. The issue would be few months later
cherroy
post Jun 24 2015, 05:39 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(calvincty @ Jun 24 2015, 04:28 PM)

Sadly to say, most condo still come with concealed R22 piping, as far as I encountered.
So high probability yours one may be for R22.

It is not some "special piping" but thicker.

If the piping is catered for R22, then advisable to install R22 air-cond, if not remove it, or install a new piping.

Get installer to inspect the piping if cannot confirm the piping type.

This post has been edited by cherroy: Jun 24 2015, 05:46 PM
SUSleonhart88
post Jun 24 2015, 05:47 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 24 2015, 05:37 PM)
Just inverter on DC voltage more sensitive only.
Wire do not connected at half way.. The issue would be few months later
no issue at all for my toshiba and daikin lor
SUSkimsim
post Jun 24 2015, 05:49 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 24 2015, 05:47 PM)
no issue at all for my toshiba and daikin lor
You saw them connected wires meh?

If wire too short just back to back, where got such thing
calvincty
post Jun 24 2015, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 24 2015, 05:39 PM)
Sadly to say, most condo still come with concealed R22 piping, as far as I encountered.
So high probability yours one may be for R22.

It is not some "special piping" but thicker.

If the piping is catered for R22, then advisable to install R22 air-cond, if not remove it, or install a new piping.

Get installer to inspect the piping if cannot confirm the piping type.
Instead the installer ask me to ask management, more accurate. Then management ask me to ask installer.. very bagus....
cherroy
post Jun 24 2015, 06:11 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(calvincty @ Jun 24 2015, 05:54 PM)
Instead the installer ask me to ask management, more accurate. Then management ask me to ask installer.. very bagus....
You are lucky not to hire this kind of installer.
Experienced installer should able to identify it easily through visibly and measurement of the pipe.

Management office only doing admin work on building management, they generally do not know technical stuff one.
You are better off to ask the developer engineer instead of management office personnel.
calvincty
post Jun 24 2015, 06:22 PM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 24 2015, 06:11 PM)
You are lucky not to hire this kind of installer.
Experienced installer should able to identify it easily through visibly and measurement of the pipe.

Management office only doing admin work on building management, they generally do not know technical stuff one.
You are better off to ask the developer engineer instead of management office personnel.
No, I'm not lucky. Coz I already made full payment to the shop for the R22 model. Anyway I just called to the developer engineer office and they will revert to me tomorrow. If they confirm R410A can be used then I'll change the model.

SUSkimsim
post Jun 24 2015, 06:39 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Grade (or gauge): thickness of the copper pipe, generally a thicker copper pipe is able to withstand a higher operating pressure. The grade varies from the lowest SWG (standard working gauge) or G25 (0.51mm) to G21 (thickest). For inverter owners, the G23 (0.61mm) is usually recommended. If you have concealed piping, then G22 (0.71mm) is a better option. Another thing you should take note is the bending of the copper piping. To lower the odds of condensation or poor refrigerant flow (which will make the air-conditioner less cold), make sure that the piping is bent with a proper pipe bender (thus ensuring a pipe bent of about 90 degrees).
calvincty
post Jun 25 2015, 10:14 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(calvincty @ Jun 24 2015, 06:22 PM)
No, I'm not lucky. Coz I already made full payment to the shop for the R22 model. Anyway I just called to the developer engineer office and they will revert to me tomorrow. If they confirm R410A can be used then I'll change the model.
Developer engineer office has reverted to me that it can use R410A, then neightbour said he bring "aircon expert" to see the piping cannot use R410A.

Memang headache.

babyk
post Jun 25 2015, 10:25 AM

All Stars
10,052 posts

QUOTE(calvincty @ Jun 25 2015, 10:14 AM)
Developer engineer office has reverted to me that it can use R410A, then neightbour said he bring "aircon expert" to see the piping cannot use R410A.

Memang headache.
If the piping are new, you can always use R410A in R22 piping, the problem will not arise immediately, it will take a few years before the pipe burst and you can change new piping by then

The problem is R410A has higher pressure gas comparing with R22 thus it will make the piping crack if the wall of the pipe is less than 0.6mm.

If you cut the insulator out, you can see the thickness of the copper pipe printed on. Best is check it yourself
cherroy
post Jun 25 2015, 10:49 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,729 posts

QUOTE(calvincty @ Jun 25 2015, 10:14 AM)

Memang headache.
Can use is one matter.
While the pipe is purposely cater for R410a spec is another matter.

You don't ask the engineer can use or not.
You ask what is the spec of the pipe.
calvincty
post Jun 25 2015, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 25 2015, 10:49 AM)
Can use is one matter.
While the pipe is purposely cater for R410a spec is another matter.

You don't ask the engineer can use or not.
You ask what is the spec of the pipe.
What spec should I concern on? The thickness of the pipe?
jason1986
post Jun 25 2015, 12:19 PM

On my way
653 posts

Any idea what is the diff between r410 and r32? One shop recommended me to take the daikin r32 inverter instead of the 410.
SUSkimsim
post Jun 25 2015, 12:21 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(jason1986 @ Jun 25 2015, 12:19 PM)
Any idea what is the diff between r410 and r32? One shop recommended me to take the daikin r32 inverter instead of the 410.
Wow cash rich and most advanced
jason1986
post Jun 25 2015, 12:24 PM