Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

coolkwc
post Jun 8 2015, 09:42 PM

Fall in love with audio again.
3,110 posts

A disappointing and frustrated day.

Today the contractor come my house to install my ME aircond, suppose i should be very happy on that, however is a nightmare for me.

My house aircond copper was concealed one, is a 0.6mm thickness pipe that suitable for RA410 gas. However due to not long enuf, they have to extend the copper pipe by welding on the existing pipe.

One thing they really surprise me was how they test the concealed pipe whether block or not is by blow the tube using their mouth ohmy.gif I really not confident for the method they used, i suppose they are better way to test it. So they continue to weld the pipe and install in door and out door unit. After they welded and bend the pipe, they not even test it again. So, i have nothing to say but 'trust' them.

Upon finished installation, turn ON the aircond, i felt very weird, the coldness is not what i expected, is just slightly colder than ambient despite they set 16'C on 1st run, so they told me run it for 1 hour only turn OFF. They check the aircond (both in door and out door) is running then they just finished the job and go back. After they back, roughly 15 minutes, i still not feel the coldness that suppose to be. I sense something wrong there, so i check the outdoor unit, i saw the fan turn OFF itself after 2-3 minutes run. When the fan is running, i check the air blow out is not hot at all, is just at ambient temp, so i suspect the compressor is not working at all.

I called back that contractor immediately, they promised settle for me by today. After 2 hours they came back and check for me. They said the copper pipe is OK (I dun know how they check without dismantle anything), then wiring OK. They check the compressor gas pressure and everything, can't find the root cause. Then they called to their boss, their boss just order them 'remotely'. That time adi 7:30pm, i adi cooked my meal so i just have dinner with my wife in the dinning room, after i go out to see again. WTF, they open up my outdoor unit and i saw they spray water into the unit. I ask them what problem, they said the compressor motor is too hot so it cut off itself, the gas inside is low, and due to compressor cut off, they can't pump in the gas, so they spray water to cool down, hopefully can pump in the gas when the compressor start running. I really speechless at that moment. They are just electrician, not ME service man, and they are not open the unit with proper procedure, out of 4 screw on the grill panel, they just open 2 of them and pry off the casing at one end to check, it made a big dent on the casing and grill, really heart breaking.

The outcome is they have no idea how to fix it, and said it need to wait for ME to check, if is not ME fault, they will only check the piping again.

I'm really angry with them now, no matter the unit got problem or not, i won't accept that outdoor unit anymore, instead i will ask for a replacement for that. vmad.gif Now the aircond is installed but i can't use, how frustrated for that.

Anyway, the good news is, the aircond total price is 1.9k, and i only paid RM100 for deposit only. If they really don't want to replace a new unit for me, I WILL NOT PAY THE REST TO THEM. shakehead.gif
coolkwc
post Jun 9 2015, 02:07 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jun 9 2015, 12:30 PM)
You won't know until you get cheated.
That's why if you are renovating your house, always prepare the hole for piping/wiring first.
Then install 1 air cond to test market, if ok then only install others.
But since you want people to reveal the name, in Seremban, always avoid buying appliance from Thye Hin Sermban and installer Kah Air cond.
1 sentence more than thousand words.

I buy things based on price, who the hell they sub the job we won't know unless we tried.

But again, I STILL HAVE RM1.8K YET TO PAY, see who patient enough lo. I willing to pay 100 deposit for know how bad was that.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Jun 9 2015, 02:11 PM
coolkwc
post Jun 9 2015, 02:31 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 9 2015, 10:10 AM)
The contractor dun have exprience at all.

Can be use gas to blow in the copper before they lock the nuts
Too sad the majority technician quality in Malaysia really suck, really really suck. Technician in other country need at least diploma for that, but here, those with low education/with every subjects gred F can be declared as 'electrician'. Sorry if anyone here got offended.

The boss that i speak through phone is nice manner, everything OK. But their workers are just pure teenage bastard.

Put the outdoor unit at floor and sit on top of that without my permission, even when i'm around they saw nothing.
During installation, only 2 out of 4 is work for that, but i can see they have no experience at all. That just half play half work, not serious at all.

From my point of view, those guys are just a teenage that can't study well and been kicked out of further education kind of ppl. No knowledge, but come to install stuff that need high technical knowledge, when problem happen, they only know dismantle this and that to rework/recheck. Sei sohigh, i don think those guys will have any bright future.
coolkwc
post Jun 9 2015, 02:38 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 9 2015, 02:34 PM)
Is a shop or resaller failed
I previously have bought my TV and washer from the same shop, that's why i bought the aircond from them this time.

But obviously the contractor for aircond is different from last time (i dun think TV and washer need contractor/electrician for that), and this one is pure bastard.
coolkwc
post Jun 9 2015, 03:09 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 9 2015, 02:44 PM)
Nowadays weather hotter than b4, that is why have many unprofessional come in town to do sub-Con and engaged cheap was learning stage to serve you guy.

In JB have lot of fully Aircon shop seldom got it happen, especially Eletronic shop will do it such thing
Yesterday that guy told me compressor got run, but cut off due to too hot, and the gas level inside is low.

For the ppl that got some sense on aircond system will know this either due to compressor run out of gas (due to piping leakage) or the piping is bend and dented so the pressure is too high due to restricted flow. Unless i really fucking unlucky to get a lemon unit which i believe the chance is low. That's why i almost 100% confirm something is wrong in during installation, and the most suspicious one is the piping.

I asked him piping ok or not, he said: I check adi no leak no bend...WTF, how do you know there is no leak without leak test..i really speechless.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Jun 9 2015, 03:12 PM
coolkwc
post Jun 11 2015, 02:45 PM

3,110 posts

Update for my ME aircond.

Just now ME service man checked my aircond. The conclusion they made was during copper pipe welding, the solder was went inside the pipe, eventually clogged the compressor and valve. shocking.gif They release all the gas inside and refill it, and said the gas is 'choking' inside. They said will order compressor motor and valve inside to replace, and the indoor unit cooling coil need to flush as well. They also asked me to reinstall the new copper pipe without welding. So i went to the shop that I purchased.

The boss is very kind (Maybe my face is very angry), he kept apologize to me for introduce such contractor, he said he had a meeting with the contractor boss yesterday, and they adi dismissed those guys who install my aircond that day. hmm.gif unsure.gif He also promised the contractor boss will come himself to install for me. Then i told him the checking result by ME, and i said i can't accept repair, he promised to change a whole new set (both indoor and outdoor) for me. So let's see what happen next. Luckily i din pay them full amount that day, else i'm not sure whether they still willing to bother me or not.
coolkwc
post Jun 11 2015, 08:39 PM

3,110 posts

today the ME service man told me i still can turn ON my aircond, but won't be at its peak performance. So just now when i back home i turn ON the aircond, the air is not as cold as expected, but still better than nil...after 10 minutes, you know what, WATER START TO DRIP OUT FROM MY INDOOR UNIT AND WET MY FLOOR.

Awesome bastard, YOU ARE NOT GETTING EVEN A SINGLE ITEM INSTALLED CORRECTLY. thumbup.gif
coolkwc
post Jun 14 2015, 03:06 PM

3,110 posts

Yerterday the installer boss himself come to my house to install a new set ME at my home, 4 bastard need 3.5 hours to install, he himself alone 1.5 hours settle, see how big the different.

Finally can enjoy the ME aircond yesternight, not bad at all. Just think that the price actually can bought 1.5 daikin inverter adi.
coolkwc
post Jun 14 2015, 03:17 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 14 2015, 03:08 PM)
D
Conclusion?

Best or poor of ME set?
I never compare with other brand, solely based on what i got is good, but just too expensive.

No matter how, when i move in to the new house, the 2hp inverter i opt for living room will never be ME i think...would like to give a try to Daikin or Hitachi.
coolkwc
post Jul 1 2015, 02:49 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 26 2015, 05:41 PM)
He he

Just show the brand new non inverter here, from the noise much worst at all.

Don't play play the noise from compressor running an even indoor walls can feel the humming whining from outdoor compressor.
IF inverter just air blowing noise only, but after night time may reduce low noise and dB as well.

Daikin non inverter even green gas also can't beat with inverter used ME model self imported from S'pore.
user posted image

Daikin non inverter 1hp input watt 833w vs ME inverter 640w only, over here has saving 193w easily why still going for non inverter?
Just the ME discountinued model in M'sia only.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
My ME inverter 1HP used 800W leh... whistling.gif
coolkwc
post Jul 1 2015, 04:17 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jul 1 2015, 03:31 PM)
Your new ME has been cutting cost and they bring Indonesia model for M'sia, unless you go with premium inverter just 485w only
Then why u still recommend ME everywhere. whistling.gif ME = cheapskate cut cost, period. whistling.gif

I consider RM1.5k for 1HP unit already premium, anything above it, sorry, no go for me.
coolkwc
post Jul 1 2015, 04:47 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jul 1 2015, 04:21 PM)
I had sometime ago never recommended on ME for 1hp to 1.5hp & 2hp and excepted for 2.5Hp ME inverter.

You can read my replied sometime ago has push on Daikin GA inverter
Daikin GA inverter? u sure or not? I saw the 1HP inverter model power min-max is 280-920W (rated 780W), i dun think is outstanding power saving, more or less same as my ME only.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Jul 1 2015, 04:49 PM
coolkwc
post Jul 1 2015, 05:29 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jul 1 2015, 04:54 PM)
Ya how is ur ME 1hp inverter any feedback from you?

Just sharing here, since u r the user.
I normally set 26'C-27'C only, the temp set was quite accurate la, i measure using thermometer same as the temp i set. But don't know why, sometimes it takes long time to reach my desired temp, sometimes faster, but the outside temp and room temp is more or less same everyday.

I switch ON 10 hours every night, i monitor my TNB meter, sometimes consume 5kW/night, sometimes can reach 8-9kW...not that kind of power saving that i expected.

Anyway, i noticed the outer copper pipe is not ice up during operation, i thought it should be ice up. hmm.gif The direct air blow from the blower is not as cold as expected too. The compressor is not working at its full capacity even on startup, which i think is suspicious. I suspect gas overfill or what.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Jul 1 2015, 05:41 PM
coolkwc
post Jul 1 2015, 05:51 PM

3,110 posts

I just called ME to ask about my problem. He told me the temp delta of inlet vs outlet air temp during turn ON before it reach my desired temp should be around 15'C, and he said during normal operation the small copper pipe shouldn't freeze up, if not it means the refrigerant is not enough. I'm gonna to measure the temp tonight to see normal or not.
coolkwc
post Jul 2 2015, 12:44 AM

3,110 posts

Inverter power saving is too much hype adi...for bedroom, buy inverter for comfort, becos less temperature variation. For power saving, honestly not really that much.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Jul 2 2015, 12:45 AM
coolkwc
post Jul 2 2015, 12:52 AM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Jul 2 2015, 12:04 AM)
1hp guest room no need to think, get Hisense RM619 from Lazada habis cerita.
1.5hp no more than 2 hours, on daily? Daikin non-inverter, base model.

Don't take inverter since guest room seldom use, and 1st family hall only 2 hours..by the time the room cool down you also turn off already.

Backup unit also take non-inverter, take the Daikin also lor. Easy.

For your use case, no need inverter. Buy inverter for your scenario really idiot.

EDIT:

user posted image

If you look at graph, assume T2 is 2 hours, for sake of discussion lah. Both inverter & non-inverter will work at max capacity to cool down the room temperature rapidly (if you DO NOT want the room to cool down as fast as possible, buy Panasonic Deluxe Inverter air con).

Non-inverter and inverter both have max btu cooling rating. Regardless inverter or not, if both are 9000btu/hr, they should both cool the room of the same size within the same amount of time. So no such bullshit as "inverter" is cooler. In fact, due to the way non-inverter works, the non-inverter will overshoot your desired temperature (depending on when you turn it off). So assuming you turn it off at T2 the room would have been cooler with the non-inverter unit.
You are right, most inverter aircond advertised 'inverter cool the room much faster' is just plain bull shit.
The power saving only come when after temperature settled, however it depends on what temperature you set and the room size, if you set 25'C, it will save some power compare to non inverter, but if always full blast at lowest temp (16'C), i afraid the saving is negligible, and i don't think there are many chance that an aircond can bring the room temp to 16'C (if really can i doubt it will be less than 5-6 hours), means always not reach the desired temp then the compressor will always work at its full capacity, then how to power saving?
coolkwc
post Jul 2 2015, 12:55 AM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jul 1 2015, 05:57 PM)
Freeze can see at fan coil on right hand side, then the gas pipe still not connected as well, to be confirm gas leaking again

Your Aircon man boss also cannot used too.
Not leaking la...i suspect they overcharge my compressor, becos no freezing at all. Freezing means refrigerant not enuf.
coolkwc
post Jul 2 2015, 09:28 AM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jul 2 2015, 07:21 AM)
The normal inverter gas pressure should do maximum on 180 around there, cannot lower than 160 won't be energy saving

user posted image
I don think ice up on the cooling coil will bring any positive effect to the cooling. Freezing will block the fin hence air cannot enter the cooling coil, effectively you are losing cooling capacity of the freezing portion.

Anyway, yesterday night turn ON for 9 hours, temp set at 26'C, full fan speed, consumed around 4kW, which translated into 444W/h. The outside air temp is slightly lower yesterday due to rain on noon time, so i would say the power consumption is heavily depends on the outer temperature where the compressor coil breath.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Jul 2 2015, 09:34 AM
coolkwc
post Jul 3 2015, 10:02 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Jul 3 2015, 09:52 PM)
Usage pattern quite similar to mine, in excess of 10 hours. And yes, Panasonic Inverter have to set lower temperature setting versus non-inverter air con. Your findings is same as mine.

Do you feel any difference in terms of how fast the room cools down from when you turn it on?
Take into consideration that he on the air con in excess of 10 hours.. if 2 hours only, don't expect to see huge difference.
I guess not only Panasonic aircond, basically all inverter have to set lower temp versus non-inverter in order to 'feel' the same coldness, not becos inverter is less colder, just that the non-inverter cut off point is lower than what u set. In non inverter, if u set 25'C, it might cut off @ 23'C, and turn ON again when rise to 27'C, so the 'average' temp is what u set, 25'C.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Jul 3 2015, 10:05 PM
coolkwc
post Jul 5 2015, 10:13 AM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(calvin_ng @ Jul 5 2015, 12:41 AM)
Use iautoX mode for fast cooling... Also know that inverter temp is more accurate vs non inverter...  So set 1 or 2 deg lower in inverter and still give you 50% savings...  Ignore what the remote temp setting just set the number that give you the best comfort...  Its just number... Hahaha...  I found out my prefer temp setting is

Econavi ON,  23deg, fan full blast,  fin in auto,  dimmer ON,  nanoe ON

iAutoX ON,  25deg,  rest all Auto

Comfort Mode ON,  23deg, fan full blast,  fin in auto,  dimmer ON,  nanoe on
Seems like ur Pana Inverter got alot of functions to play with, my farking ME inverter just some plain basic fucntion. whistling.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0261sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:05 AM