Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Aircon Discussion v2, Continuing on from previous AC topics

views

TSniloc
post Oct 28 2014, 01:20 PM, updated 9y ago

12 posts

Hi, creating this from the previous thread:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/751278/+3500

So from what I gather, the best brand in the market right now would be Mitsubishi, is this correct? smile.gif

And the two brands to come after that would be Panasonic and Daikin right?

Sharp in general is noisy?

One major problem I face is that I can't seem to find any brick-and-mortar shops selling Mitsubishi ACs.. so far most of them are all selling Panasonic and promote Panasonic heavily as the best..

But I have read from the previous thread that Panasonic may cause problems too?

Anyone mind sharing their thoughts on these to help others (including myself) on their next aircon purchase?

Banyak kamsiah to all who share their experiences! rclxm9.gif
SUSkimsim
post Oct 28 2014, 01:25 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

supersound
SUSsupersound
post Oct 28 2014, 01:28 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

Any brand will cause problems if you don't know how to use it.
But certain brands last longer and some are not. Service centers, electrical shops opinion will be more accurate than forum's review.
In general, non inverter last longer than inverter models since the components used different. Non inverter in general using thermostate to control outdoor unit's cut in/out while inverter is using sensors, IC to control.
If you want an air cond to be "noisy", off all the features and set to the lowest temperature, fan speed at max.
TSniloc
post Oct 28 2014, 01:44 PM

12 posts

@supersound is expert at aircon I assume biggrin.gif

Hmm.. electrical shop opinions, sometimes I feel that they are talking a lot of BS.. they don't really know what they are talking about. Not all, but some of them.

Anyway, so you are suggesting that it is better to get non-inverter than an inverter because it will last longer?
SUSsupersound
post Oct 28 2014, 01:55 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(niloc @ Oct 28 2014, 01:44 PM)
@supersound is expert at aircon I assume biggrin.gif

Hmm.. electrical shop opinions, sometimes I feel that they are talking a lot of BS.. they don't really know what they are talking about. Not all, but some of them.

Anyway, so you are suggesting that it is better to get non-inverter than an inverter because it will last longer?
Up to you, this is my personal view.
You need to go to the right shop only to get a more objective review. HN, SenQ are the wrong place sweat.gif
TSniloc
post Oct 28 2014, 02:07 PM

12 posts

Oh normally I go to Senheng.. do you know where to get Mitsubishi aircons btw? in Damansara area..
koinibler
post Oct 28 2014, 02:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,046 posts

If you not die die must buy in the chain store,
there are abundant shop selling ME or MHI,
Just visit your nearest electrical shop for comparison or might want to try jintex for online price
PJusa
post Oct 28 2014, 02:35 PM

Regular
1,951 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Oct 28 2014, 01:28 PM)
Any brand will cause problems if you don't know how to use it.
But certain brands last longer and some are not. Service centers, electrical shops opinion will be more accurate than forum's review.
In general, non inverter last longer than inverter models since the components used different. Non inverter in general using thermostate to control outdoor unit's cut in/out while inverter is using sensors, IC to control.
If you want an air cond to be "noisy", off all the features and set to the lowest temperature, fan speed at max.
from my experience with inverter vs. non-inverter models under constant on conditions (24/7, set to 28/27 degrees only, non-full load, regularly cleaned, no chemical wash, dismantling only rarely if at all) i can say that after a few years - no matter which model you use - non-inverter units start to give issues at the outside compressor due to the constand on/off. cheap units tend to last maybe 2 yrs and then the bearing rattles. same goes for the inside blower fan. better brands (carrier, panasonic, etc.) tend to just have the outside compressor problem, the blower fan and stuff seems to last and stays quiet. also the outside compressor casing rusts, the cheaper the faster.
i never had any other major issues with any aircon i used like this, no controller board spoil etc.

inverter: running 24/7 now for up to 7 years: issues (all panasonic) none besides the 2 HB horizontal flap motor died on me (flap falls instead moving up / down so i set it not to move). no getting noisy, nothing. outside also nothing besides a bit of rust near the connecting pipes at the casing. makes sense, no on-off all the time makes them last actually longer a bit.
SUSkimsim
post Oct 28 2014, 02:52 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Inverter really long run than non inveter all the time, for me I dun mind to grab inverter used Aircon for extra room.

chongkiatz
post Oct 28 2014, 02:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,022 posts

why no ppl discuss about samsung =( ,
SUSkimsim
post Oct 28 2014, 02:59 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Oct 28 2014, 02:56 PM)
Samsung & LG art-cool should the legend also.

But due to their technology more advance than others traditional jap brands & also they never push on Ads at all.

So no ppls will realized that is already improved a lot than previous design.
SUSsupersound
post Oct 28 2014, 06:19 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(PJusa @ Oct 28 2014, 02:35 PM)
from my experience with inverter vs. non-inverter models under constant on conditions (24/7, set to 28/27 degrees only, non-full load, regularly cleaned, no chemical wash, dismantling only rarely if at all) i can say that after a few years - no matter which model you use - non-inverter units start to give issues at the outside compressor due to the constand on/off. cheap units tend to last maybe 2 yrs and then the bearing rattles. same goes for the inside blower fan. better brands (carrier, panasonic, etc.) tend to just have the outside compressor problem, the blower fan and stuff seems to last and stays quiet. also the outside compressor casing rusts, the cheaper the faster.
i never had any other major issues with any aircon i used like this, no controller board spoil etc.

inverter: running 24/7 now for up to 7 years: issues (all panasonic) none besides the 2 HB horizontal flap motor died on me (flap falls instead moving up / down so i set it not to move). no getting noisy, nothing. outside also nothing besides a bit of rust near the connecting pipes at the casing. makes sense, no on-off all the time makes them last actually longer a bit.
Cut in/out too often will result to capacitor fail on non inverter. But mine only fail after 7 years thumbup.gif
I have no money to on 24/7 as my lung condition are very bad.
SUSkimsim
post Oct 28 2014, 06:23 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Oct 28 2014, 06:19 PM)
Cut in/out too often will result to capacitor fail on non inverter. But mine only fail after 7 years thumbup.gif
I have no money to on 24/7 as my lung condition are very bad.
Change into inverter then you can enjoy 24/7 already laugh.gif
scdvom
post Oct 28 2014, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

Guys, I planning to get 2 units of 1.0hp non-inverter but with ionizer (plasma).

Currently aiming for York, get quoted RM1260 with installation.

Is that the good price? Any shop can recommend to me for good pricing.

Thanks

This post has been edited by scdvom: Oct 28 2014, 10:16 PM
SUSkimsim
post Oct 29 2014, 05:52 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(scdvom @ Oct 28 2014, 10:16 PM)
Guys, I planning to get 2 units of 1.0hp non-inverter but with ionizer (plasma).

Currently aiming for York, get quoted RM1260 with installation.

Is that the good price? Any shop can recommend to me for good pricing.

Thanks
Ionizer isn't works?

That price add up Rm150 can decide for inverter already, better cooling and more comfort for sleep.
SUSkimsim
post Oct 29 2014, 06:26 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Wow cool

user posted image

This post has been edited by kimsim: Oct 29 2014, 06:28 AM
bengang13
post Oct 29 2014, 07:56 AM

On my way
624 posts

QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Oct 28 2014, 02:56 PM)
I got basic 2hp. Ok la. No problem.
scdvom
post Oct 29 2014, 07:58 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Oct 29 2014, 05:52 AM)
Ionizer isn't works?

That price add up Rm150 can decide for inverter already, better cooling and more comfort for sleep.
Ionizer from air cond doesn't work?
SUSkimsim
post Oct 29 2014, 08:11 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(scdvom @ Oct 29 2014, 07:58 AM)
Ionizer from air cond doesn't work?
Works, u can't feels, if the filter already stuck too many dusts, then become more dirty air to be blowing out to you.

More works is buy separate ionizer & air purifier much better
vaksin
post Oct 29 2014, 08:13 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

thinking about buying 1 also.. dont know which 1 to choose.. any suggestion fellas?

104 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0256sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2022 - 07:16 AM