Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

PowerGadget
post Jun 21 2015, 09:21 PM

On my way
512 posts

Hello guys,my panasonic 1.0hp non inverter air cond working weirdly recently. The motor seemed to be automatic switch off and on every 5 minutes interval despite I adjusted the air conditioner to 16 degree Celsius. When I open the cover of the air cond, I saw a lot of water droplet on the fins. I think this causes air cond seemed to be not blowing any air out of it.. So I try to clean it out and the air cond started to blowing out cold air again but the motor still keep switch off itself making the whole room so hot.. I wonder is it worth to repair? The air cond is about two years+.

PowerGadget
post Jun 22 2015, 11:48 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 21 2015, 10:09 PM)
Gas leaking & clogging on pipe
Roughly how much is the cost of repairing and is it worth to repair?
Can you recommend me a good replacement for it? I'm using the air cond for about 8-12 hours a day and the room is quite small,about 13x13
PowerGadget
post Dec 12 2016, 09:20 PM

On my way
512 posts

Hello guys, I am looking forward to buy a Daikin FTK25 for my living room.

Here is the picture of my living room that taken from internet but this is the same house.

Do you think it is enough?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

At the same time, anyone could recommend me reliable air cond installer in Kota Kinabalu Area?

This post has been edited by PowerGadget: Dec 12 2016, 09:22 PM
PowerGadget
post Dec 14 2016, 01:52 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Dec 14 2016, 10:52 AM)
how many sf?
About 1400 square feet
PowerGadget
post Nov 13 2021, 04:25 PM

On my way
512 posts

Hello guys, I have a Panasonic 1.0HP Standard Air Conditioner CS-PC9MKH. Back in 30th of September, I asked a company to service the aircond which literally dismantle the whole unit to "wash".

Unfortunately, after that dismantle, the unit would turn off itself sometime in the middle of night and now the whole unit fully dead. Before fully dead, I tried to turn it on for one more time, it turns on and died right on when compressor try to kick in.

Anybody got any idea what's going on? By the way, they broke my aircond indoor unit cover hinge as well. ;sweat;
PowerGadget
post Nov 14 2021, 04:49 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Nov 13 2021, 05:00 PM)
You should stop using it when the fault was first detected. I think there was a small leak initially and finally after more than a month, all the gas gone and the compressor kaput.
QUOTE(lyt25_1234 @ Nov 13 2021, 05:10 PM)
Just DIY next time.
Thanks both mini orchard and lty25_1234, lessons learnt.

Just wondering whether the brand new Panasonic X deluxe is reliable? Thinking of getting this model but friend told me that Midea or GREE currently are better bang for bucks.
PowerGadget
post Nov 15 2021, 02:09 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Nov 14 2021, 05:00 PM)
Avoid using mix brands. Easy for trouble shooting if only 1 brand. If space available, keep the old for spare parts.

All my ac are more than 10 years now. One brand, similar model for same hp.
Thanks for the quick tips! Appreciated it!

Will come back to ask for advise again after measure size of all my rooms and ready to purchase new aircond units.

Thanks once again mini orchard notworthy.gif
PowerGadget
post Mar 25 2022, 05:29 PM

On my way
512 posts

Hi guys, any good selection of aircond for bedroom that is about 10x14? It’s for my tenant so most probably looking for something is reliable. Thanks!

And is it standard for installation cost to be rm220 and rm16 per foot run for copper?

I already have the electrical point as there is an aircond last time at same placement.
PowerGadget
post Mar 25 2022, 10:27 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Mar 25 2022, 05:38 PM)
[attachmentid=11124637]
Thanks for the guideline.

Is 10 feet free copper means Back to Back install? because this is the only installation that they can provide free whenever I ask from shop to shop.

Are these two models good enough?

CS/CU-PN12WKH or CU-PU12XKH

Wanted to pick one of this for my tenant
PowerGadget
post Mar 26 2022, 12:01 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Mar 26 2022, 06:28 AM)
Depend on outdoor unit placing, if is 'actually' back to back, it might not need the free copper piping. The existing indoor unit piping is good enough.

10ft is quite long if to place the outdoor unit further away.

Generally, Pana a reliable brand.
Thanks for the info.

It seemed like my local don’t practice this as they said other than back to back, everything is extra charge hmmm..

Noted I think I’ll just proceed with the Panasonic then. Appreciate your help
PowerGadget
post Mar 29 2022, 03:31 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Mar 26 2022, 06:28 AM)
Depend on outdoor unit placing, if is 'actually' back to back, it might not need the free copper piping. The existing indoor unit piping is good enough.

10ft is quite long if to place the outdoor unit further away.

Generally, Pana a reliable brand.
Hi mini orchard, I bought CU-PU12XKH which is Panasonic 1.5HP inverter but unfortunately it’s not cold at all after install.

Wondering do you have any idea what’s the problem with the unit? They do install about 6 feet extra copper on the outside compressor with 12.70mm diameter dew point brand copper.

I had called them to come and check tomorrow but in the mean time just worry they might say it needs to claim warranty. The installer just installed yesterday around 4pm
PowerGadget
post Mar 29 2022, 07:16 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Mar 29 2022, 04:18 PM)
Any blinking light on the indoor unit ?

Auto shut down ?

Cool mode ?

Outdoor fan turning ?

Compressor working ?
Thanks for helping mini orchard

No blinking light.

No auto shutdown

Yes double confirmed it’s on cool mode and 16 degree Celsius And max fan

Outdoor fan turning but not sure whether it’s hot air or not because this unit is second floor, the compressor hang outside which is not accessible easily.

It is normal if the unit is faulty although on the spot I tel them. They just can proceed to claim warranty instead of replace 1 to 1?
PowerGadget
post Mar 29 2022, 07:57 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Mar 29 2022, 07:26 PM)
I think the compressor is not working. If gas leaking, it will shut down auto after sometime.

Not sure with warranty claim. Possible Pana will replace new since is new installation. Call Pana Air Cond CS tomorrow @ +60379313442.
Thanks for the info, mini orchard! Let’s see how it goes tomorrow when Techinician comes over to inspect.

So it’s standard nowadays that no one to one replacement even though I complain on the spot it’s faulty right?
PowerGadget
post Mar 29 2022, 11:38 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Mar 29 2022, 08:12 PM)
It depends on the fault. If is not worth to repair, then they will replace.

The tech will check the gas level and capacitor.

Since it didnt auto shut down and no blinking light, gas is ruled out. He may change the capacitor to test. If still not cold, then have to send to Pana to check ..... possible compressor motor faulty or the capillary tube clog.
Thanks a lot for your help mini orchard.

I’ll update again after the technician inspect but at least now with your help, I have some ideas what’s going on.

PowerGadget
post Mar 30 2022, 05:40 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Mar 29 2022, 08:12 PM)
It depends on the fault. If is not worth to repair, then they will replace.

The tech will check the gas level and capacitor.

Since it didnt auto shut down and no blinking light, gas is ruled out. He may change the capacitor to test. If still not cold, then have to send to Pana to check ..... possible compressor motor faulty or the capillary tube clog.
Just an update for my problem.

Technician came over and see nothing wrong. They not sure what to do as the gas level is 140-150.

Then, they said because my copper size is 12.6mm which is bigger than what is required for the aircond, that’s why it’s not cold.

So now they just pump more refrigerator gas and change the input current to 5.2A because my copper tube is bigger in diameter.

I’m quite worried about the 5.2A as my aircond should be operate at 4.9A. The boss said max input is 7.1A so it’s safe.

Boss said if you expect it to be cold in hot weather day, it’s quite impossible.. hmmm… he use thermometer to check, the aircond now is 19 degree Celsius near blower than I set 16 and max fans. And my room temperature is 27 which he said is totally fine. He mentioned an acceptable range is 8 degree Celsius from blower to room.
PowerGadget
post Mar 30 2022, 06:01 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Mar 30 2022, 05:53 PM)
This is the problem.

I have a similar unit of a original 1.5hp piping use for a 1hp compressor. Performance drop.

Redo tbe piping.

[attachmentid=11127624]
Ouch. Mine is exactly same as yours. The piping is one size bigger than what is required. Mine is 1.5hp but using 2.0hp piping. I thought of futureproof because currently I install for my tenant and I’ll be installing 2.0hp in the future for myself.

And the boss told me inverter has humming jet sound is normal?
PowerGadget
post Mar 31 2022, 04:29 PM

On my way
512 posts

Hi guys, is the noise of the outdoor unit normal? The high pitch sound

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Hg0PSCRtqts&feature=share

This post has been edited by PowerGadget: Mar 31 2022, 04:31 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0245sec    0.24    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th August 2022 - 01:11 PM