Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

SUSsupersound
post Jun 9 2015, 09:38 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 8 2015, 09:42 PM)
A disappointing and frustrated day.

Today the contractor come my house to install my ME aircond, suppose i should be very happy on that, however is a nightmare for me.

My house aircond copper was concealed one, is a 0.6mm thickness pipe that suitable for RA410 gas. However due to not long enuf, they have to extend the copper pipe by welding on the existing pipe.

One thing they really surprise me was how they test the concealed pipe whether block or not is by blow the tube using their mouth ohmy.gif I really not confident for the method they used, i suppose they are better way to test it. So they continue to weld the pipe and install in door and out door unit. After they welded and bend the pipe, they not even test it again. So, i have nothing to say but 'trust' them.

Upon finished installation, turn ON the aircond, i felt very weird, the coldness is not what i expected, is just slightly colder than ambient despite they set 16'C on 1st run, so they told me run it for 1 hour only turn OFF. They check the aircond (both in door and out door) is running then they just finished the job and go back. After they back, roughly 15 minutes, i still not feel the coldness that suppose to be. I sense something wrong there, so i check the outdoor unit, i saw the fan turn OFF itself after 2-3 minutes run. When the fan is running, i check the air blow out is not hot at all, is just at ambient temp, so i suspect the compressor is not working at all.

I called back that contractor immediately, they promised settle for me by today. After 2 hours they came back and check for me. They said the copper pipe is OK (I dun know how they check without dismantle anything), then wiring OK. They check the compressor gas pressure and everything, can't find the root cause. Then they called to their boss, their boss just order them 'remotely'. That time adi 7:30pm, i adi cooked my meal so i just have dinner with my wife in the dinning room, after i go out to see again. WTF, they open up my outdoor unit and i saw they spray water into the unit. I ask them what problem, they said the compressor motor is too hot so it cut off itself, the gas inside is low, and due to compressor cut off, they can't pump in the gas, so they spray water to cool down, hopefully can pump in the gas when the compressor start running. I really speechless at that moment. They are just electrician, not ME service man, and they are not open the unit with proper procedure, out of 4 screw on the grill panel, they just open 2 of them and pry off the casing at one end to check, it made a big dent on the casing and grill, really heart breaking.

The outcome is they have no idea how to fix it, and said it need to wait for ME to check, if is not ME fault, they will only check the piping again.

I'm really angry with them now, no matter the unit got problem or not, i won't accept that outdoor unit anymore, instead i will ask for a replacement for that. vmad.gif Now the aircond is installed but i can't use, how frustrated for that.

Anyway, the good news is, the aircond total price is 1.9k, and i only paid RM100 for deposit only. If they really don't want to replace a new unit for me, I WILL NOT PAY THE REST TO THEM. shakehead.gif
Using mouth to blow are the normal work they do. Because they have the sensor(if blocked, it can't blow through).
But after extending the pipe with welding but never blow again are wrong.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 9 2015, 12:28 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(^Ware^wolf @ Jun 9 2015, 10:33 AM)
my contractor didnt blow after welded the pipe..i donno need to blow also laugh.gif  laugh.gif ...anyway , ntg wrong with my aircon so far after 1-2months...
Yup, you are right on this, blow job are not a must laugh.gif
But usually some will do such blow job as to confirm no rework if have problems.
That's why I don't really like conceal piping as far as possible.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 9 2015, 12:30 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(sentinal3_16 @ Jun 9 2015, 10:38 AM)
Just ban those unqualified contractors.Dont give business to them. Reveal their name and contacts here.
You won't know until you get cheated.
That's why if you are renovating your house, always prepare the hole for piping/wiring first.
Then install 1 air cond to test market, if ok then only install others.
But since you want people to reveal the name, in Seremban, always avoid buying appliance from Thye Hin Sermban and installer Kah Air cond.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 9 2015, 06:33 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jun 9 2015, 02:07 PM)
1 sentence more than thousand words.

I buy things based on price, who the hell they sub the job we won't know unless we tried.

But again, I STILL HAVE RM1.8K YET TO PAY, see who patient enough lo. I willing to pay 100 deposit for know how bad was that.
Last time I also got cheated on this(from Tyhe Hin), the price of the 1.5HP air cond I bought was rm150 cheaper than others and I paid rm500 deposit for 4 air conds.
On the day I want to make full payment, they only tell me that installation are not included and it is rm180 for 1.5HP which is rm50 more expensive after installation cost than other shops doh.gif
Not to mention the installer damaged the air cond's steel pipe. Now each time I service the air cond, the installer need to weld it back cry.gif
SUSsupersound
post Jun 21 2015, 09:41 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(broken_heart @ Jun 21 2015, 08:52 AM)
Hello, I intend to buy few units of ME air con as it seems that it gets a lot of good feedback here. I wondering how is their after sell service ? Is the spare part more expensive than others ?

How is the noise and coldness of ME inverter and non-inverter
thank you.
I always consider spare part center and service center's location first. As far as I know, ME failed on me for this in Seremban.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 21 2015, 09:45 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(broken_heart @ Jun 21 2015, 09:44 AM)
Thanks for the inputs. What about the quality of the product - inverter and non-inverter deluxe ?
Are there performing well cold and quiet ? Thanks
All new air cond sure will be quiet for the first few years, especially Japanese brands. If you want noisy type, Samseng will be my first option whistling.gif
SUSsupersound
post Jun 21 2015, 03:05 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(broken_heart @ Jun 21 2015, 11:19 AM)
ME and Pana which one is more recommended ? I'm in dilemma now...:-(
From a happy Panasonic fanboy for the past 20 years, I'll will say Panasonic, since every state got spare part shop and service center.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 21 2015, 03:09 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jun 21 2015, 12:32 PM)
I got this pana non-inverter 1hp aircon in my room, 8 years already

last year got repair once for the compressor, replaced the capacitor or transformer thingy, as the technician claim the compressor wasn't working
refilled the gas as well.

then last night again the same thing, not cold at all, at it's the the hottest night of the year! doh.gif

I'm guessing must be the compressor again doh.gif
now thinking should I fork out few hundred just to repair & service it
or should I just throw this 8 years old unit away and go grab a new inverter type? hmm.gif

do the aircon men accept the used units as trade in? hmm.gif
Usually for non inverter, the capacitor will be the first to fail especially if you set the temperature too near to ambient temperature.
And when you refill your gas, did you do the major service on the indoor unit or not? If you never do, then sure it will give you the same problem.
The temperature sensor are attached to the cooling coil in the indoor unit, so if it is very dirty, the cooling coil will be cool down very fast and shut the outdoor unit fast. To confirm on this, just check if the outdoor unit workong or not.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 22 2015, 10:08 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jun 22 2015, 08:38 AM)
aiks... yeah, I set my aircons in both my room and my kids room to around 24C - 26C only
so far my kids room aircon already changed the capacitor twice already within a year  blink.gif
this would be my second time changing capacitor for my room in a year, which I hope it is.
yeah, last time when they changed the capacitor, they refill the gas and service the indoor unit as well.

So if we were to set the temp to close to ambient temp then the capacitor will be blown easily?
but if we set too low, electricity bill gonna be high, set too high; higher chance for a blown capacitor?

I wonder if changing to the inverter type would solve this? or is it the same with all aircons? hmm.gif
Capacitor is store store enough of charge to energize the outdoor unit.
By changing to inverter, indeed it will solve this issue.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 25 2015, 04:11 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Jun 25 2015, 03:28 PM)
Stock market boring, so master cherroy now talks a/c liao  laugh.gif
I talked to the technician of condo contractor. He told me that the pipes can be used for both inverter and non-inverter types. (I suppose what he meant was R410 and R22). However, max for 'new gas' is 2.5 hp, while max for 'old gas' is 2.0 hp.

If pressure for R410 is higher, isn't that we should use smaller hp a/c  rclxub.gif
The gas inside is just a transfer medium. And R22 do have 2.5HP model. That's why you need to know the application of the air cond. For me, the living need to be maintain for 25-26°C on the sofas area, so 2HP are enough for me. But if you were to cool down the whole room, then you need 2.5HP or above for a 22*15 room.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 26 2015, 06:58 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Jun 25 2015, 10:31 PM)
you guys talk about inverter saving electricity and r410 for green environment but use aircon at living room 2hp somemore. I guess i am greener with 1/2 hp aircon r22 at my bedroom only.cheaper electricity bill too than yours
Well, I never says that inverter can really save electricity.
Only some fanboys die die says it can save doh.gif
SUSsupersound
post Jun 27 2015, 02:22 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Mrmr @ Jun 27 2015, 06:56 AM)
Can recommend the cheapest aircon sell in market nw,just need simple function and most cheap price will do,install in worker office only

Or second hand but look new also can
Any expert here please help

Thanks a lot
Before jumping in to conclusion, check the spec of the air cond you are going to buy.
If a brand A 1HP air cond cost you rm1000 and using 1100W of power, brand B same HP but using 900W of power and need rm1200.
Which brand you are going to take?
SUSsupersound
post Jun 28 2015, 04:23 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(MrToper @ Jun 28 2015, 04:22 PM)
So I have a 1HP Mr Slim(Looks similar to the Starmex units) unit which I got a few months ago. It's easy to clean and cools quite well. But I was expecting quiet air conditioning but nope. When on high,it sounds like a tornado.
So far only Panasonic fit on cool down fast, quiet operation.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 28 2015, 04:32 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(MrToper @ Jun 28 2015, 04:29 PM)
Well my old AC unit was a Panasonic.
The compressor was making a whole lot of noise and it's not cooling anymore.

But the fan noise on the Panasonic was more bearable.
You should lubricate the bearings every now and then. A can of silicone grease won't cost you much.
And if the air cond not cold, can be due to few reasons like thermostat near cooling coil blocked, gas not enough or compressor's fan not running anymore.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 29 2015, 12:44 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Zanmai0146 @ Jun 29 2015, 09:38 AM)
Lazada stuff and promotion legit? Plan to upgrade my room to 1.5hp AC
Lazada don't sell, they are just middleman.
Bought some Dremel accessories from them, end up is from another shop.
SUSsupersound
post Jun 29 2015, 04:31 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Zanmai0146 @ Jun 29 2015, 01:00 PM)
Do they really make sure the shop deliver the products? Saw some promo Samsung S6 until 1.5k seems too good to believe
Basically they have runners go and ask the shops to sell their products thru their website. For sure the shoppers won't want to have lost. That's where MSRP comes in to play.
Like Courts, they always boast that their price are lower, but do they ever says their price are lower compare to who? Even if MSRP is rm10000, they sell at rm9999.94 still cheaper. Can you sue them on this? I doubt so.
That's why I always ask members to survey the price before decide.

SUSsupersound
post Jul 3 2015, 10:08 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Jul 3 2015, 10:05 PM)
Agreed.
But I can also attest to my personal experience that Panasonic Inverter is terrible in coldness in comparison to Daikin non-GA Inverter. Same room, same 1HP.

I was so pissed off I wanted to rip the Panasonic Inverter off the wall and throw it out the window.

My mom also say...why this air con so hot. lol.
The other Panasonic and National non-inverter in the house is cold.
That's why they boast 65% of savings whistling.gif

SUSsupersound
post Jul 4 2015, 12:51 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(calvin_ng @ Jul 4 2015, 11:55 AM)
Why i set mine to 23deg is cause i use econavi

If you read the manual the ac will run at 23deg and when low sunlight temp increase by 1deg and when you sleep low activity it will increase another 1deg so total when sleep it will increase to 25deg but before sleep it around 23 to 24deg

Want fast cooling turn on iautoX it is so called turbo mode
Are you trying to says that most of the people never read the manual properly whistling.gif
SUSsupersound
post Jul 4 2015, 04:13 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(calvin_ng @ Jul 4 2015, 03:05 PM)
Most of them YES

Cause most dont bother
Well, at least the Samseng fanboy able to troll on this matter and blaming Panasonic inverters are rubbish to promote his Mitsubishi shocking.gif
That's the common mistake done by people all the time.
But without reading the manual also can roughly knows how does inverter work, like if we set 20°C for a 28°C room, the first 2-3 hours it will just run to the max like non inverter. But as soon as it is reaching 22°C, it will starts to ramp down the output based on people inside(this is where the sensor matters). Some people are quite sensitive on this and starting to complaint it is not cold.
SUSsupersound
post Jul 4 2015, 05:03 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ Jul 4 2015, 04:44 PM)
Similar experience as you. Significant reduction in electricity usage (kwh), hence lower payment every month. I've 3 1hp inverter ac that runs 9-10 hrs a day. Average bill - RM300
I'm using Panasonic as well. Do read the manual to get the best out of it... thumbup.gif
Agree  thumbup.gif
I never use inverter, that's why never dig on this. But indeed this is an eye opener for all laugh.gif
Anyway, York/Daikin will make a come back within a month or 2, so just wait and see thumbup.gif

12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.73    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th December 2022 - 09:31 PM