Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

calvincty
post Jun 24 2015, 12:13 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

Would like to know how many horsepower needed for my living + dining area.

The aircon location is at dining and currently I've ordered Panasonic non-inverter 1.5hp only, which I'm worry might be not enough..

Area: 24ft x 14ft x 9ft (2 ppls at most of the time, living facing west & lake which I think during afternoon - evening generate quite lots of heat.)
Entrance -> Dining -> Living.

I'm thinking whether should I change it to 2.0hp, need sifus here to give comments.

Thanks!!

calvincty
post Jun 24 2015, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

regarding the refrigerant R410A, is that special requirement on the piping (if I'm not going to use inverter aircon)?

I've asked so many times to the management office & project office of my new condo, no one can give me clear answer whether the pipe installed is able to cope with R410A aircon.

I read over the internet it seems R410A will output higher pressure to the pipe so if the piping is not strong enough that will cause leaking issue?

struggling now whether to get a R410A aircon and hopefully someone here can help me on that.

calvincty
post Jun 24 2015, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 24 2015, 05:39 PM)
Sadly to say, most condo still come with concealed R22 piping, as far as I encountered.
So high probability yours one may be for R22.

It is not some "special piping" but thicker.

If the piping is catered for R22, then advisable to install R22 air-cond, if not remove it, or install a new piping.

Get installer to inspect the piping if cannot confirm the piping type.
Instead the installer ask me to ask management, more accurate. Then management ask me to ask installer.. very bagus....
calvincty
post Jun 24 2015, 06:22 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 24 2015, 06:11 PM)
You are lucky not to hire this kind of installer.
Experienced installer should able to identify it easily through visibly and measurement of the pipe.

Management office only doing admin work on building management, they generally do not know technical stuff one.
You are better off to ask the developer engineer instead of management office personnel.
No, I'm not lucky. Coz I already made full payment to the shop for the R22 model. Anyway I just called to the developer engineer office and they will revert to me tomorrow. If they confirm R410A can be used then I'll change the model.

calvincty
post Jun 25 2015, 10:14 AM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(calvincty @ Jun 24 2015, 06:22 PM)
No, I'm not lucky. Coz I already made full payment to the shop for the R22 model. Anyway I just called to the developer engineer office and they will revert to me tomorrow. If they confirm R410A can be used then I'll change the model.
Developer engineer office has reverted to me that it can use R410A, then neightbour said he bring "aircon expert" to see the piping cannot use R410A.

Memang headache.

calvincty
post Jun 25 2015, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 25 2015, 10:49 AM)
Can use is one matter.
While the pipe is purposely cater for R410a spec is another matter.

You don't ask the engineer can use or not.
You ask what is the spec of the pipe.
What spec should I concern on? The thickness of the pipe?
calvincty
post Jun 25 2015, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

just checked to change model from r22 to r410.. each need tambah RM 80, and upgrade one of it from 1.5hp to 2hp need add RM 950 for my living room.

damn gao. -.-

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0235sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th August 2022 - 12:42 PM