Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

greyshadow
post Jun 21 2015, 12:32 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

I got this pana non-inverter 1hp aircon in my room, 8 years already

last year got repair once for the compressor, replaced the capacitor or transformer thingy, as the technician claim the compressor wasn't working
refilled the gas as well.

then last night again the same thing, not cold at all, at it's the the hottest night of the year! doh.gif

I'm guessing must be the compressor again doh.gif
now thinking should I fork out few hundred just to repair & service it
or should I just throw this 8 years old unit away and go grab a new inverter type? hmm.gif

do the aircon men accept the used units as trade in? hmm.gif
greyshadow
post Jun 22 2015, 08:38 AM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jun 21 2015, 03:09 PM)
Usually for non inverter, the capacitor will be the first to fail especially if you set the temperature too near to ambient temperature.
And when you refill your gas, did you do the major service on the indoor unit or not? If you never do, then sure it will give you the same problem.
The temperature sensor are attached to the cooling coil in the indoor unit, so if it is very dirty, the cooling coil will be cool down very fast and shut the outdoor unit fast. To confirm on this, just check if the outdoor unit workong or not.
aiks... yeah, I set my aircons in both my room and my kids room to around 24C - 26C only
so far my kids room aircon already changed the capacitor twice already within a year blink.gif
this would be my second time changing capacitor for my room in a year, which I hope it is.
yeah, last time when they changed the capacitor, they refill the gas and service the indoor unit as well.

So if we were to set the temp to close to ambient temp then the capacitor will be blown easily?
but if we set too low, electricity bill gonna be high, set too high; higher chance for a blown capacitor?

I wonder if changing to the inverter type would solve this? or is it the same with all aircons? hmm.gif

greyshadow
post Jul 2 2015, 11:32 AM

1,826 posts

Finally changed my bedroom aircon over the weekend to the Panasonic Inverter 1HP aircon.

After the installer left, I only noticed the outdoor unit, the piping wasn't fully insulated. there was about 5cm of exposed copper pipe and a visible green cable (ground?) from the compressor.

After using the aircon for a while, I notice some dew or water droplets are forming on the exposed copper pipes.

Any impact on the aircon or energy wastage?

Should I call those installer back to fully insulate the exposed part? hmm.gif
greyshadow
post Jul 11 2016, 08:57 AM

1,826 posts

Sifus, my kid's room aircon is causing power tripping, managed to isolate to the aircon being the culprit
switched on few minutes then will trip the main, but not always, but strange it usually only happen when switch on at night

it's a 8 years old Panasonic 1HP, I think we have changed the capacitor twice previously

Usually what's the main culprit in this case? the split unit or the compressor? or even bad wiring? cos the aircon tech took down the whole split unit last time for cleaning hmm.gif

Is it worth to fix it, or better to get a brand new one? doh.gif
just replace the washing machine last week, now the aircon doh.gif cry.gif

greyshadow
post Aug 19 2016, 11:21 AM

1,826 posts

Hunting around for 1HP non-inverter AC

found out the for most basic version, Daikin same price with Panasonic

Go for Panny? hmm.gif

Also a question to aircon sifu, Panny's this year models are S series, but the deluxe version (non-inverter with econavi) are still R series? hmm.gif

greyshadow
post May 13 2022, 12:09 AM

1,826 posts

I think my kid's room panny 1hp inverter aircon ODU is dead
auto shutoff with blinking light, error code H16
texted my usual aircon guy, he say most likely it's inverter circuit board faulty

anyway... this is the 2nd panny aircon for this room for past 12 years
first panny non-inverter changed the capacitor once, then cap issue again after few months, then changed to this inverter type 6 years ago
few months back the ODU is extremely loud, aircon guy checked and confirmed the compressor bearing is faulty, can't change that as need to change whole set, so might as well change the whole ODU. the rest is ok, just need to bear with the loud noise

Now I'm not sure whether to spend money to replace the PCB? or might as well just change the whole set

I'm a bit reluctant to go back to Panny if I need to change 2 units in 12 years time...
was thinking LG Twin Inverter... or even the cheaper Haier... those comes with 10 years compressor warranty
anyone using those?

On other hand, I'm already familiar with panny IDU up to the extend I can dismantle the roller fan to clean it myself, which surprised my aircon guy when I told him I clean the fan of my IDU myself

Not sure I'll be able to DIY those again if I were to go for other brands hmm.gif

This post has been edited by greyshadow: May 13 2022, 12:10 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0258sec    0.48    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:01 PM