Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to choose a good Cooker Hoods & Gas Hobs ?, Kitchen appliances hood / hob / oven

views

TSzheilwane
post Dec 27 2013, 09:28 PM, updated 2 months ago

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

Kitchen HOOD

There are so many brands in the market, Electrolux, Elba, Rubine, Tuscani, Faber, Teka, Fotile, Whirlpool, Rinnai, Cornell, Bosch, Tellini, Lebenstill, Leben, Fujioh, Ikka, Pacific, Pacifica, Vees and many more. So which one of them is the best? Here is a discussion after reading and doing your own research, you decide which is the best.

Most end users will think that a good hood is a hood with strong suction power but that is not 100% true.
A good kitchen hood should have :
1) A good filter system with oil cup
2) Easy to clean & maintain
3) Reasonable strong suction power (1000m3/h and above)
4) Low noise level

user posted image

Here is a comparison between aluminum mesh filters vs pyramid shape filters

I will update more info everyday, do not have time to explain everything in one day.
weikee
post Dec 27 2013, 11:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

I beg to differ, this is like saying all All aluminium mesh are not as good as Pyramid filter (in your comparison is Fotile). Have you tested out all other brand and model hoods that you don't carry?

I am using Fotile, and I have friend using Rinnai. They cook more frequent than me, and don't need to clean everyday. Some wiremesh are easy to clean, just burn and scrub the carbon away.

This is like saying membrane filter are not as good as some other type of filter. But 3M is one a good membrane filters.

TSzheilwane
post Dec 28 2013, 10:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 27 2013, 11:04 PM)
I beg to differ, this is like saying all All aluminium mesh are not as good as Pyramid filter (in your comparison is Fotile). Have you tested out all other brand and model hoods that you don't carry?

I am using Fotile, and I have friend using Rinnai. They cook more frequent than me, and don't need to clean everyday. Some wiremesh are easy to clean, just burn and scrub the carbon away.

This is like saying membrane filter are not as good as some other type of filter. But 3M is one a good membrane filters.
Well most aluminum mesh are not as efficient as pyramid type. Without the oil cup, where will the oil go? The oil will actually clogged up the filter and you will need to clean it regularly. Bcoz mesh filters do not have oil cup, their filters are very fine and have many layers to trap oil, hence reducing the suction power as shown in the video. Many customers who used aluminum mesh feedback this to us, thatz we know about it and we don sell these type of hood. Btw, i didnt say only Fotile's one is good, any pyramid shape type filters have better air flow compared to mesh type. However, not all pyramid type are good in filtering the oil. Mesh is good to filter oil but bad for air low (reducing suction power)

I might be wrong but aluminum mesh filters are made of several mesh layers thatz y they are called aluminum mesh and they are the same for all brands (will reduce air flow), the only difference is the size and number of layers. If they are not the same design or with some new technology then it is not called aluminum mesh anymore
user posted image

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Dec 28 2013, 11:46 PM
weikee
post Dec 28 2013, 11:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

The fotile you mention, is using similar design of Baffle filters, but problem with this fotile the oil get build up after the filter faster than mesh, the problem with this fotile the opening are too big and during heavy cooking oil escape the filter and build up inside the internal. I am using one for two years, and clean the inside twice. Is not easy. If they make the filter few more later will be better, just like a good Baffle filters hood.

Mesh on the other hand don't build up oil internally that fast. And Do not required (almost everyday) wash as per early comment.

This post has been edited by weikee: Dec 28 2013, 11:07 PM
TSzheilwane
post Dec 28 2013, 11:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 28 2013, 11:06 PM)
The fotile you mention, is using similar design of Baffle filters, but problem with this fotile the oil get build up after the filter faster than mesh, the problem with this fotile the opening are too big and during heavy cooking oil escape the filter and build up inside the internal. I am using one for two years, and clean the inside twice. Is not easy. If they make the filter few more later will be better, just like a good Baffle filters hood.

Mesh on the other hand don't build up oil internally that fast. And Do not required (almost everyday) wash as per early comment.
thatz y i mention this previously
"However, not all pyramid type are good in filtering the oil. Mesh is good to filter oil but bad for air low (reducing suction power)"

Well mesh filters are better in oil filtration but due to the huge reduction in suction power, your kitchen tend to be oily and that defeats the purpose of having a hood. As shown in my video, the first part i used a pyramid shape filter, you can see that the suction is quite good but in the 2nd part where i converted it to a mesh filter, the smoke is coming out of the hood, this shows how good the oil filtration of mesh filter (preventing smoke and oil entering the hood) but the smoke is actually going around your kitchen, so why we purchase a hood in the first place?

I just moved in to my new house more 1 month+ and using Fotile EH10BQ as well, my grandma cooks almost everyday, got lots of good food rclxms.gif , we only clean the hood once and the inside just wipe with tissue (not really oily) Ofcoz if u use for 2 years, oil will build up inside, even mesh will have oil in the hood.

For better air flow better dont put any filters (hood will get very oily and will affect its performance in future)
For better oil filtration, add more layers of mesh filters (hood wont be able to suck in and extract the smoke and oil)

So, there must be a balance between air flow restriction and oil filtration, from past customers feedback and our experience, pyramid shape type is what most ppl will choose. We did discuss on this several years back but the thread was already closed, so i post back the info here.

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Dec 29 2013, 12:22 AM
weikee
post Dec 28 2013, 11:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Dec 28 2013, 11:33 PM)
thatz y i mention
"However, not all pyramid type are good in filtering the oil. Mesh is good to filter oil but bad for air low (reducing suction power)" Well mesh fitlers most of the oil but due to the reduction in suction power, your kitchen tend to be oily and that defeats the purpose of having a hood. I just moved in to my new house more 1 month+ and using Fotile EH10BQ as well, my grandma cooks almost everyday, got lots of good food  rclxms.gif , we only clean the hood once and the inside just wipe with tissue (not really oily) Ofcoz if u use for 2 years, oil will build up inside, even mesh will have oil in the hood.
I also have friend who is crazy about cooking and heavily using the Rinnai for many years, I ask him how often he clean, only once a week, and never clean the internal before. Not all Mesh are build equal. Same goes to Membrane water filter like 3M vs others.
Sydneguy
post Dec 29 2013, 01:20 AM

Casual
383 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 27 2013, 11:04 PM)

I strongly agree with you
Sydneguy
post Dec 29 2013, 01:35 AM

Casual
383 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Dec 27 2013, 09:28 PM)
Kitchen HOOD

There are so many brands in the market, Electrolux, Elba, Rubine, Tuscani, Faber, Teka, Fotile, Whirlpool, Rinnai, Cornell, Bosch, Tellini, Lebenstill, Leben, Fujioh, Ikka, Pacific, Pacifica, Vees and many more. So which one of them is the best? Here is a discussion after reading and doing your own research, you decide which is the best.

Most end users will think that a good hood is a hood with strong suction power but that is not 100% true.
A good kitchen hood should have :
2) Easy to clean & maintain
3) Reasonable strong suction power (1000m3/h and above)
4) Low noise level

user posted image

Here is a comparison between aluminum mesh filters vs pyramid shape filters

I will update more info everyday, do not have time to explain everything in one day.
The test you int he video is actually quite stupid and very misleading.

1) To put a mesh filter in a Hood NOT DESIGNED for a mesh filter is not a fair test.

2) You only put a single mes filter in the Centre of the Pyramid Hood, BUT most Mesh fliter style hoods have 2 or 3 or even 4 mesh filter hoods. IE 2 or 3 or 4 times the surface suction area. In which case there would not be the reduction in airflow that you claim.

3) Its a pedantic point, but what you claim is smoke is actually Steam NOT Smoke.

In my experience there are good and bad of both hood styles.

a) A mesh Filter will provide a much superior removal of oil from the air stream (very important if you have recirculating hood)

For Mesh Style, Yes you have to clean the mesh filters, but it is usually only required max 1 time per month and is easily achieved by soaking in hot water with dish washing detergent for 20-30 mins. The oil residue simply melts and is dispersed by the detergent.

I well designed Mesh filter will have equal air flow to a pyramid style hood.

b) Pyramid style hood will have inferior oil separation, so can be used as re-circulation model and if used in ducted venting mode you end up with a lot of oil residue in you ducts which is very hard or nearly impossible to clean.

Cheers

talibin
post Dec 29 2013, 10:00 AM

21 posts

Agree that 3M is a great filter bought it in xam max during their promotions. They recommended me fagor hood but i wasnt convinced because my rinnai hood is not very effective, the grease filter is hard to clean and yellowish. Saw zheilwane's posting and went all the way to kepong to check our their fotile hood, this young man is very good and really know his stuff. He showed us the same video and other videos as well, then only we realize it is actually common sense that the fine filtration of mesh filter will restrict air flow, similar to water filter, the lower the micron filtration, the lower the water pressure. Have been using fotile for about one month and we too cook a lot, the oil filtration and suction are upto our expection. Have a look at the oil cup. Good job, zheilwane and keep it up.

This post has been edited by talibin: Dec 29 2013, 11:21 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
aztechx
post Dec 29 2013, 10:04 AM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

Ah..about time this topic pop out. Planning to get a cooker hood for my new condo. Thing is this will be my first time shopping for a cooker hood. Not sure where to buy or what brand to go for. Prefer the flat types without the hose since i will be cooking outdoor nearby a window. Perhaps i can use the flat hood coupled with an exhaust fan? Is jusco/aeon big a good place to get stuffs like this?
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 10:20 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Dec 29 2013, 10:04 AM)
Ah..about time this topic pop out. Planning to get a cooker hood for my new condo. Thing is this will be my first time shopping for a cooker hood. Not sure where to buy or what brand to go for. Prefer the flat types without the hose since i will be cooking outdoor nearby a window. Perhaps i can use the flat hood coupled with an exhaust fan? Is jusco/aeon big a good place to get stuffs like this?
Aeon selection are limited.

JF Home @ USJ 9 (This one carry Rinnai, Fotile, and others brand too)
HW Builder @ Kepong (Check with zheilwane)
Xam Max Up Town, not sure what brand they carry
SS2 Legend, so far the cheapest Fotile I seen (in 2011), I din't buy from them only asking price when I was buying my AC.

This post has been edited by weikee: Dec 29 2013, 10:21 AM
talibin
post Dec 29 2013, 01:06 PM

21 posts

I m usually around puchong area and true from pj to puchong ss2 legend price is very attractive. A little reluctant to travel all the way to kepong - builders hardware but none of the salesperson could convince me and with all the good reviews on zheilwane i ended up going over. Well their price is comparable with ss2 legend but from the service the their exclusive gas hob, i purchase it from zheilwane

This post has been edited by talibin: Dec 29 2013, 01:08 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
wdarke
post Dec 29 2013, 01:47 PM

Casual
374 posts

Adding my 2 cents...

Mesh and baffle filters are both good, for different people.
Mesh is generally more efficient, but requires cleaning often and some might find difficult to clean. Hoods with mesh filter is usually much thinner, could be an important feature some people look for.
Baffle is less efficient, but is easier to clean and also needs less cleaning. However, I personally dislike having the oil cup in the centre. Look for hoods with the cup situated close to the wall instead ( Electrolux and Fotile has this if I'm not mistaken )

So if you are the lazy type, use baffle tongue.gif
It's true for recirculating hoods, only mesh filter works well because it's simply more effective at retaining oil.
idoblu
post Dec 29 2013, 02:21 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(wdarke @ Dec 29 2013, 01:47 PM)
Adding my 2 cents...

Mesh and baffle filters are both good, for different people.
Mesh is generally more efficient, but requires cleaning often and some might find difficult to clean. Hoods with mesh filter is usually much thinner, could be an important feature some people look for.
Baffle is less efficient, but is easier to clean and also needs less cleaning. However, I personally dislike having the oil cup in the centre. Look for hoods with the cup situated close to the wall instead ( Electrolux and Fotile has this if I'm not mistaken )

So if you are the lazy type, use baffle tongue.gif
It's true for recirculating hoods, only mesh filter works well because it's simply more effective at retaining oil.
you offered the most clear and concise explanation rclxms.gif

to say "mesh filters restrict much more air and that's why you need to buy baffle type filter" is just plain incorrect.

this unbiased video is much better in showing what you should be considering in buying a cooker hood - but it doesn't have one criteria that I always look out for - aesthetics ....hahaha laugh.gif
almost all hoods work so well these days, it doesnt really matter which you choose so might as well get one that also look good and least noisy

This post has been edited by idoblu: Dec 29 2013, 02:35 PM
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 02:59 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(talibin @ Dec 29 2013, 01:06 PM)
I m usually around puchong area and true from pj to puchong ss2 legend price is very attractive. A little reluctant to travel all the way to kepong - builders hardware but none of the salesperson could convince me and with all the good reviews on zheilwane i ended up going over. Well their price is comparable with ss2 legend but from the service the their exclusive gas hob, i purchase it from zheilwane
You should also visit JF Home, many have been pleased with their service too.
talibin
post Dec 29 2013, 03:31 PM

21 posts

Well as shown we cook a lot and we used to have rinnai hood with mesh filter. Previously bought it bcoz rinnai is a famous brand and also made in japan, the flat mesh also looks nice and i do agree hood with oil cups are ugly. For someone who actually used both type i would say mesh is a big no no. Not sure how many of you here actually used both types before? Belum cuba, belum tau . . Btw wei kee u working for jf? C u always promote for them

This post has been edited by talibin: Dec 29 2013, 03:47 PM
Kevin Chan
post Dec 29 2013, 03:56 PM

Regular
1,997 posts

for any product that required filtering ... air purifier / vacuum / hood ... suction is the No1 factor ... no point with the best filter if it cannot get the intended air / gases to reach the filter.

i have the cup hood at home, auto wash feature ... no trouble, just let it wash itself after 2/3 use. washing liquid is cheap anyway.
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 04:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(talibin @ Dec 29 2013, 03:31 PM)
Well as shown we cook a lot and we used to have rinnai hood with mesh filter. Previously bought it bcoz rinnai is a famous brand and also made in japan, the flat mesh also looks nice and i do agree hood with oil cups are ugly. For someone who actually used both type i would say mesh is a big no no. Not sure how many of you here actually used both types before? Belum cuba, belum tau . . Btw wei kee u working for jf? C u always promote for them
Haha... Yeah I am the owner of the shop, please buy from them so I get more business smile.gif

Sometime i a bit traitor, i buy from my own shop, buy from Xam Max, buy from HW Builders, and others shop too...
aztechx
post Dec 29 2013, 05:49 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 29 2013, 10:20 AM)
Aeon selection are limited.

JF Home @ USJ 9 (This one carry Rinnai, Fotile, and others brand too)
HW Builder @ Kepong  (Check with zheilwane)
Xam Max Up Town, not sure what brand they carry
SS2 Legend, so far the cheapest Fotile I seen (in 2011), I din't buy from them only asking price when I was buying my AC.
Just got an Rh-993CT from jf home in puchong together with a stove.good service, recommended to those interested in rinnai products.

However, one of the cabinet makers say they cant hide the hob in a cabinet due to lack of ventilation might damage the hob. Seems logical but is it true?
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 06:16 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Dec 29 2013, 05:49 PM)
Just got an Rh-993CT from jf home in puchong together with a stove.good service, recommended to those interested in rinnai products.

However, one of the cabinet makers say they cant hide the hob in a cabinet due to lack of ventilation might damage the hob. Seems logical but is it true?
You got the recycling or with ducting?
aztechx
post Dec 29 2013, 07:35 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 29 2013, 06:16 PM)
You got the recycling or with ducting?
I got the one without ducting. Any idea if it can be concealed in a cabinet?
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 08:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Dec 29 2013, 07:35 PM)
I got the one without ducting. Any idea if it can be concealed in a cabinet?
The cabinet need to have ventilation, if not howbtge sucked air flow out?
aztechx
post Dec 29 2013, 09:10 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 29 2013, 08:09 PM)
The cabinet need to have ventilation, if not howbtge sucked air flow out?
I was thinking of a hole on top of the cabinet with the shape of the chimney.any alternatives i can consider?
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 09:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Dec 29 2013, 09:10 PM)
I was thinking of a hole on top of the cabinet with the shape of the chimney.any alternatives i can consider?
Sound workable, or put cabinet door with small small holes.
wrb7878
post Jan 2 2014, 11:12 AM

Enthusiast
843 posts

Hi All,

I have use Fotile more than 2 year+.
Until now it still look like new...no much oils and no much cleaning required. Maybe suction is strong.
I never use other brand before this is my 1st home and 1st hood/hod...i m happy with it and no regret.

I have fren use other brand and always complaint a lots oils on floor too and every times need to clean it after cook. Then i suggest him to try Fotile on his new condo and so far he is happy with the Fotile too.

BTW, i choose Fotile because of the modern design as well...a bit different from traditional design...hihi

Overall : Happy user.

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by wrb7878: Jan 2 2014, 11:13 AM
TSzheilwane
post Jan 5 2014, 12:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

Usually weak suction power is due to improper installation, could you take out the chimney and check this (as per photo)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
weikee
post Jan 5 2014, 12:00 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

You need to take out the "Grill".

Mine had lots of oil build up inside and need to clean after few months. Is hassle, and if not it will cause sticky build up. Some worse case will stick the flipper.

This post has been edited by weikee: Jan 5 2014, 12:01 PM
quintesson
post Jan 5 2014, 03:31 PM

On my way
553 posts

how's Rubine hood & hob or Elba? i checked with mudah for less than 1500 you can get Rubine hood & hob and Elba is much cheaper? how's Fotile quality & price here?
aztechx
post Jan 10 2014, 09:46 AM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

Got myself a rinnai Rh-993CT a few weeks back and will be collecting it soon. My question is, i remembered the shop asking me if i wanted filter or ducting. I said filter. If i would lime to change with ducting, will there be additional costs?
dayalan86
post Jan 10 2014, 10:00 AM

Enthusiast
873 posts

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Jan 9 2014, 03:57 PM)
Hi dayalan86, Fujioh - downward sloping rectifier panel/baffle model or some other? Vented or recirculating? How much oil residue buildup after 14 years? Residue as in the kitchen. Telltale signs are yellowing doors esp if they are white.
Ours is not the sloping rectifier model, it is the cheaper version which is the FIT-150V (vented) model. The suction is good and there is no residue in the kitchen but the grease build up on the cooker hood filter itself makes it very difficult to clean especially if you're doing heavy cooking. As our kitchen is quite narrow, removing the baffle panel without spilling the oil build up is quite a challenge. And then comes the filter which cannot be washed off easily but then again due to the difficulty in washing the filter and drying it, we usually put off cleaning the cooker hood until the suction really becomes bad and this causes massive build up.

So when I was shopping for a new cooker hood, I wanted something that was easy to clean with a good suction.

This post has been edited by dayalan86: Jan 10 2014, 10:02 AM
talibin
post Jan 10 2014, 12:06 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Jan 10 2014, 09:46 AM)
Got myself a rinnai Rh-993CT a few weeks back and will be collecting it soon. My question is, i remembered the shop asking me if i wanted filter or ducting. I said filter. If i would lime to change with ducting, will there be additional costs?
I rmb they should b the same price. Shouldnt u ask the shop? If they did explain to you about the cons of using charcoal filter, i believe you wont get filter type in the first place.

From someone who actually used different brands like dayalan86 n me, the mesh filter hood is really difficult to clean n will cause the hood to be noisy if you don clean it. There was once i got fed up, i jus remove the filter.
aztechx
post Jan 10 2014, 12:52 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

QUOTE(talibin @ Jan 10 2014, 12:06 PM)
I rmb they should b the same price. Shouldnt u ask the shop? If they did explain to you about the cons of using charcoal filter, i believe you wont get filter type in the first place.

From someone who actually used different brands like dayalan86 n me, the mesh filter hood is really difficult to clean n will cause the hood to be noisy if you don clean it. There was once i got fed up, i jus remove the filter.
Spoke to the shop and they quoted me additional rm260 to install and make the hole in the wall. Wasnt aware of the difference when i made the purchase that day.. sad.gif

weikee
post Jan 11 2014, 09:51 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Jan 10 2014, 12:52 PM)
Spoke to the shop and they quoted me additional rm260 to install and make the hole in the wall. Wasnt aware of the difference when i made the purchase that day..  sad.gif
I will put the cost 260 is to open up the hole. Not the price different of the hob.
RedDevils88
post Jan 13 2014, 09:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,006 posts

I'm Looking to install a hood but my budget is tight. Any recommendations on hoods that are at around 1k?
TSzheilwane
post Jan 13 2014, 02:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(RedDevils88 @ Jan 13 2014, 09:42 AM)
I'm Looking to install a hood but my budget is tight. Any recommendations on hoods that are at around 1k?
YOu can get Rubine Boxline, still having some old stock price now
RedDevils88
post Jan 13 2014, 03:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,006 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jan 13 2014, 02:32 PM)
YOu can get Rubine Boxline, still having some old stock price now
is this the one?
http://www.rubine.com.my/products-page/chi...h-boxline-90ss/
bluetree
post Jan 20 2014, 09:57 PM

11 posts

Went to a shop nearby my house asking for eh10bq + gcg 90301 but the salesperson says this hob is an old model and has been discontinued for many years. So, how different is the gcg 90301 compared to gfg 86302?
mrgoodgood
post Jan 21 2014, 01:20 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

Just got the following combination from JF Home USJ:

- Hood - Fotile EH10BQ
- Hob - Rinnai RB-3Si-C-S
- Oven - Rinnai RBO-7MSO

As I am not separating my wet and dry kitchen, I was looking for a good hood with strong suction that is not overly expensive. Fujioh hoods seem to get very good reviews, but it is out of my budget and frankly, looks quite ugly. After some contemplation, I decided to go with the popular choice here, hopefully it is a wise decision!

As for hob, I was quite impressed by the Rinnai inner flame series, but the higher end (read: Made in Japan) Schott Ceran glass ones are simply too expensive! When I was about to settle for a Fotile hob, I found out about this inner flame model from Rinnai which has a stainless steel top and cast iron support. Best of all the price is reasonable (me thinks). Decision made!

I am not really particular with ovens. To me, a basic European oven with bake/roast/grill functionality is good enough for our occasional use. The salesperson at JF initially introduced me a basic Fagor oven (6H-175-BX) which is made in Spain. However, after I've paid for it and came home, I did some research and found that Fagor Spain has actually declared bankruptcy protection end of last year! Despite reassurance from the salesperson, I was still quite worried with the after sales support and warranty issues. Fortunately, Mr. Ea from JF allows me to change to a different brand and model without paying extra! The new Rinnai oven is made in Italy, and supposedly has more features than the original Fagor model I've chosen, so I was very pleased with the change. Thumbs up to Mr. Ea for providing top notch service (and a great price)! thumbup.gif

Now I just need to wait patiently for my renovation to complete, and then only I can give an honest user review biggrin.gif
kokmengng
post Jan 25 2014, 06:46 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

I am tempted to get the 2014 Fotile hob & hood GAG76202 + JQG9009. Any feedback & comment on this model?

Also, between CHS9006W & EH10BQ. Which is better & safer bet? CHS9006W seems to be newer model than EH10BQ.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Like a Bause
post Jan 25 2014, 06:50 PM

Casual
394 posts

hi guys.. is it true that hood's ventilation cannot be more than 10ft?
weikee
post Jan 27 2014, 07:40 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(Like a Bause @ Jan 27 2014, 12:49 AM)
the suction power needed to be how much onwards? my kitchen i think needed 13ft.. would there be any problem if the hose is too long than usual ?
The longer it goes the performance will drop. When the manufacture do the specification, they test on certain length. Just list straw long mean harder to suck.
Like a Bause
post Jan 27 2014, 11:19 AM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Jan 27 2014, 07:40 AM)
The longer it goes the performance will drop. When the manufacture do the specification, they test on certain length. Just list straw long mean harder to suck.
i see.. do you know roughly how much the suction power is needed for the length lesser than 15ft ? for those below 10ft, i guess would be at 1000AF right ?

another question, will there be any oil clog in between the hose if it is too long? any other issue would encounter if using it in long run? unsure.gif
XAM MAX
post Jan 27 2014, 12:10 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Jan 27 2014, 07:40 AM)
Good example to make people easy to understand the theory.
If install the flexible hose more curve will influence the performance as well.

This post has been edited by XAM MAX: Jan 27 2014, 12:14 PM
Like a Bause
post Jan 28 2014, 10:28 AM

Casual
394 posts

thanks for the info =)
glamour
post Feb 17 2014, 01:36 PM

Under Cover Police
421 posts

Anyone using lebenstill ?
Seems everybody like Fotile here
Just wondering why.
jssl
post Feb 19 2014, 12:02 AM

Casual
462 posts

Is Rubine brand good?
Planning to get Boxline and hob from Builders Hardware...
Need some comment ~
Btw am not a heavy user, rarely cook only once a week maybe smile.gif
TSzheilwane
post Feb 20 2014, 10:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(jssl @ Feb 19 2014, 12:02 AM)
Is Rubine brand good?
Planning to get Boxline and hob from Builders Hardware...
Need some comment ~
Btw am not a heavy user, rarely cook only once a week maybe smile.gif
Yup Boxline is good enough for medium cooking, not too oily
davidlim_iphone
post Feb 27 2014, 12:50 PM

43 posts

Hi all... i`m planning to buy Cornell Hood " CMH-PC96G " , anyone here using this model or other model ? Need some advise . thanks

http://www.cornellappliances.com/category/...chimney-hoodmy/
fools01
post Feb 28 2014, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(iamsobloodysick @ Feb 28 2014, 01:07 AM)
EH10BQ is already obsolete.
alamak! what is the next best alternative?
iamsobloodysick
post Feb 28 2014, 09:37 AM

Regular
1,998 posts

QUOTE(fools01 @ Feb 28 2014, 08:45 AM)
alamak! what is the next best alternative?
EH18Q
aaronpang
post Feb 28 2014, 11:57 AM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

Noticed in my area most houses use fans like those pictured...

user posted image
user posted image
shahar2283
post Feb 28 2014, 07:39 PM

32 posts

hai everyone,does anyone here been using hood & hob brand IKA,the shop claim that it uses german tech.the price that the shop qout me is also good to. icon_question.gif
mentos512
post Feb 28 2014, 09:03 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

Anyone heard the brand robam b4?
westlife
post Mar 3 2014, 02:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,687 posts

Is the electrolux gas hob good?
McFD2R
post Mar 3 2014, 09:07 AM

Regular
1,074 posts

With past experiences of Electrolux products in my family; vacuum, hob, fridge ... they have been very reliable.
davidlim_iphone
post Mar 3 2014, 09:34 PM

43 posts

Hi all sifu ... I plan to buy Fotile hood EH10BQ , I got 1 question .. my contractor told me that the original ducting hole not good and some say that Fotile ducting hole are very good no need change ... which one is true ? should i change or using back the original... Pls help thanks ....
TSzheilwane
post Mar 3 2014, 09:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(davidlim_iphone @ Mar 3 2014, 09:34 PM)
Hi all sifu ... I plan to buy Fotile hood EH10BQ , I got 1 question .. my contractor told me that the original ducting hole not good and some say that Fotile ducting hole are very good no need change ... which one is true ? should i change or using back the original... Pls help thanks ....
Standard ducting is 6" diamaeter but FOtile is 7". If u r planning to get EH10BQ den u must use Fotile hose
davidlim_iphone
post Mar 3 2014, 10:01 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Mar 3 2014, 09:47 PM)
Standard ducting is 6" diamaeter but FOtile is 7". If u r planning to get EH10BQ den u must use Fotile hose
So it means no need hear what my contractor say , just use original hose ...MMmmm by the way can you share the price for install Hood + make 1 7" hole ... Thanks tongue.gif
FionatWilson
post Mar 6 2014, 11:01 PM

15 posts

Hiii,

I need to install the cooking hood & hod for my 1 room apartment where the kitchen has no window with limited space. As it is for renting, I am not intend to put in too expensive items.

May I have the expert's advise? : )

Doraemon11
post Mar 10 2014, 11:11 AM

On my way
530 posts

I need HELP from all sifu here plssss!!

refer my pic ... my oven just allocate at the bottom of the hod gas pipe.
The gas man told me i cant allocate this way as the oven heat will melt the gas pipe ... very dangerous. shocking.gif
Is what he said true??
however i ady did all the kitchen cabinet cry.gif

Any solution for me??
do u kno any radiating material which i can use it as divider to avoid the pipe directly sense the heat from oven??
Do have any extra durable gas pipe can stand for high heat??? hmm.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Doraemon11: Mar 10 2014, 11:12 AM
Kevin Chan
post Mar 10 2014, 11:14 AM

Regular
1,997 posts

QUOTE(Doraemon11 @ Mar 10 2014, 11:11 AM)

The gas man told me i cant allocate this way as the oven heat will melt the gas pipe ... very dangerous.  shocking.gif
Is what he said true??
however i ady did all the kitchen cabinet  cry.gif

Any solution for me??
do u kno any radiating material which i can use it as divider to avoid the pipe directly sense the heat from oven??
Do have any extra durable gas pipe can stand for high heat???  hmm.gif

Attached Image
drill a hole on the dividing board and pass the hose over the hole. settle. rclxub.gif
weikee
post Mar 10 2014, 11:40 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Can't recall how the build in over design, if the heat are ventilated on the rear, the heat can harden the gas hose.

I saw you have a plug point where your gas tank locate, isn't it dangerous? imagine gas leak and your plug point spark..
Doraemon11
post Mar 10 2014, 12:47 PM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Mar 10 2014, 11:40 AM)
Can't recall how the build in over design, if the heat are ventilated on the rear, the heat can harden the gas hose.

I saw you have a plug point where your gas tank locate, isn't it dangerous? imagine gas leak and your plug point spark..
sigh.... cry.gif

i believe there are ppl installation as the same way oso... some may just exactly the bottom of the hob like below.
No worry on heating up the gas hose?? tongue.gif

Attached Image
aaronpang
post Mar 10 2014, 02:03 PM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

QUOTE(Doraemon11 @ Mar 10 2014, 12:47 PM)
sigh.... cry.gif

i believe there are ppl installation as the same way oso... some may just exactly the bottom of the hob like below.

Attached Image
Depends some countries, home owners have to use rigid copper piping, so the risk of melting is not there.
TSzheilwane
post Mar 10 2014, 05:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

I got customer install that way as well, so far no problem. Try turning on the oven then lift up the hob and feel the temperature inside of the cabinet. I bliv it wont b too hot as the hot air is blown infront of the oven not rear, if it is too hot wont the wire of the oven melt as well? If really hot, may b use insulation like air con to protect it

Is the plug for the oven? it looks like a 13amp plug while most ovens require 15amp

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Mar 10 2014, 05:52 PM
weikee
post Mar 10 2014, 06:26 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Mar 10 2014, 05:51 PM)
I got customer install that way as well, so far no problem. Try turning on the oven then lift up the hob and feel the temperature inside of the cabinet. I bliv it wont b too hot as the hot air is blown infront of the oven not rear, if it is too hot wont the wire of the oven melt as well? If really hot, may b use insulation like air con to protect it

Is the plug for the oven? it looks like a 13amp plug while most ovens require 15amp
Got customer install that way doesn't mean is safe.
Doraemon11
post Mar 10 2014, 06:38 PM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Mar 10 2014, 05:51 PM)

Thanks so much zheilwane notworthy.gif
about the plug i will look into it later... thank for reminder
My bro teach me use aluminum foil to cover up the open area there to isolate it.. does this work?
Doraemon11
post Mar 10 2014, 06:42 PM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Mar 10 2014, 06:26 PM)
Got customer install that way doesn't mean is safe.
agree oso... sweat.gif
TSzheilwane
post Mar 10 2014, 09:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

well i didnt say it is safe bt jus to mention some1 did it before and still no issue after several years. Thatz y i ask u to use ur oven and feel the heat inside of the cabinet, from what i know it should b very hot or else the wire of your oven will melt as mentioned.
aaronpang
post Mar 11 2014, 12:52 AM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

QUOTE(Doraemon11 @ Mar 10 2014, 06:38 PM)
Thanks so much zheilwane  notworthy.gif
about the plug i will look into it later... thank for reminder
My bro teach me use aluminum foil to cover up the open area there to isolate it.. does this work?
Aluminium is an excellent conductor of heat not a retardant doh.gif

Sauce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium
Aluminium is a good thermal and electrical conductor, having 59% the conductivity of copper, both thermal and electrical, while having only 30% of copper's density.

This post has been edited by aaronpang: Mar 11 2014, 12:52 AM
Doraemon11
post Mar 11 2014, 11:38 AM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Mar 10 2014, 09:43 PM)
well i didnt say it is safe bt jus to mention some1 did it before and still no issue after several years. Thatz y i ask u to use ur oven and feel the heat inside of the cabinet, from what i know it should b very hot or else the wire of your oven will melt as mentioned.
yes yes yes..
this exactly what i tell my hubby too
said the hose might melt... if so the wire not melt to danger meh?? some more most ppl allocate the plug just behind the oven... apa cakap? tongue.gif
weikee
post Mar 11 2014, 12:05 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Some over cooling vent are front, I hope all build in oven cooling vent are front. But after long hours of usage the entire oven will be hot, and that will transfer the heat. I can't remember where I read, remember see a photo of a white cabinet wall turn brown because behind the cabinet wall is the build in oven.

The safety of the plug build inside the Gas tank storage are also major Risk.
ubzteam
post Mar 11 2014, 07:59 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(Doraemon11 @ Mar 10 2014, 11:11 AM)

The gas man told me i cant allocate this way as the oven heat will melt the gas pipe ... very dangerous.  shocking.gif
Is what he said true??
however i ady did all the kitchen cabinet   cry.gif

Any solution for me??
Do have any extra durable gas pipe can stand for high heat???  hmm.gif

Hi Doraemon11,

Don't Worry !

Modern-day ovens are manufactured with insulation ,These ovens typically require denser layers or even multiple layers of oven insulation to prevent the heat from radiating out and away from the oven. The ovens also depend on the insulation to retain the interior heat evenly as well as to make the ovens more cost effective when in use and prevent transfer of heat from the oven to kitchen furniture .

see the item no# 231 & 232 is Insulation Tub.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by ubzteam: Mar 11 2014, 08:08 PM
OneMoreDay
post Mar 17 2014, 01:27 AM

On my way
580 posts

Can Fotile be comparable to Rubine? I was at Perfect Living Sabah and the Fotile salesman told me to get a Rubine island hood because they didn't stock one and that Rubine and Fotile are the same company. I don't really like the look of Rubine and I'm not familiar with the brand.
cstkl1
post Mar 21 2014, 10:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,774 posts

Revisited Builders hardware again. Met up with zane and got awesome deals.

Thanks bro. Just as how my parents was happy with their purchase.. so are we..

awesome service. Dad loved chatting with ure dad. LOL.

BuFung
post Mar 23 2014, 10:16 PM

8,407 posts

Any of u guys can advise on the rubine prado2B? Choosing because it size small enough for my kitchen existing hole...

Thanks.
akira982443
post Mar 24 2014, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

Hi Sifus, so which brand is the best for hood ? eg. will be cooking alot of sambal

This post has been edited by akira982443: Mar 24 2014, 11:14 AM
kokmengng
post Mar 24 2014, 11:24 AM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(BuFung @ Mar 23 2014, 10:16 PM)
Any of u guys can advise on the rubine prado2B? Choosing because it size small enough for my kitchen existing hole... 

Thanks.
Can ask sifu zheilwane?
limfgn
post Mar 24 2014, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

I am using whirlpool, lucky for me it came with those automatic gas cut off mechanism when there is no flame, first day moving in, I left home forgetting to turn off the the stove after boiling water. The flame isnt that great though.
TSzheilwane
post Mar 24 2014, 09:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(BuFung @ Mar 23 2014, 10:16 PM)

Thanks.
Flame is strong enough, value for money. Here is a comparison i recorded. Top left burner is Rubine prado 2b

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Mar 24 2014, 09:38 PM
OneMoreDay
post Mar 24 2014, 10:48 PM

On my way
580 posts

Zheilwane, any reviews on the Fotile JQG9009? I keep seeing videos of the steam being sucked into the hood but wondering about frying oils and greasiness.
BuFung
post Mar 25 2014, 08:31 AM

8,407 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Mar 24 2014, 09:37 PM)
Flame is strong enough, value for money. Here is a comparison i recorded. Top left burner is Rubine prado 2b

I watch ur video before. Thanks. .
jasmine0085
post Mar 26 2014, 05:23 PM

28 posts

Hi all sifus , wanan ask bout recirculating ( ductless) vs ducted hood.

I stay in a condo so i have no way to drill a hole for the duct , and the window is quite far away ( at least 10' to the window, even more if i place the hob further). If i choose ducted hood , i will have to build plaster ceiling or cabinet to hide the ducts.

So , I am considering to use recirculating hood . Certainly i know that the functionality of it is lower since air is released back to the room , but how bad could this be? would a recirculating hood appears to be close to useless?

This post has been edited by jasmine0085: Mar 26 2014, 05:44 PM
TSzheilwane
post Mar 26 2014, 08:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

Ofcoz having one is better than not having anything. Recirculating hoods help to remove airborne grease and reduce odor. Ofocz, a ducting one is much better as it could reduce more odor, suck out heat, lesser maintenance and etc.

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Mar 26 2014, 08:26 PM
azleena
post Mar 26 2014, 10:10 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

So in a situation where ducting would need to run more than 10ft, which is better: recirculating or ducted?
quintesson
post Mar 27 2014, 02:27 AM

On my way
553 posts

Hi zheilwane what is the best price & model of hood and hob value for money under rm2k / slightly over rm2k recommended? is it will better or same getting it from the fair or now? Pls pm. Thanks

This post has been edited by quintesson: Mar 27 2014, 12:07 PM
jasmine0085
post Mar 27 2014, 09:42 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Mar 26 2014, 08:25 PM)
Ofcoz having one is better than not having anything. Recirculating hoods help to remove airborne grease and reduce odor. Ofocz, a ducting one is much better as it could reduce more odor, suck out heat, lesser maintenance and etc.
QUOTE(azleena @ Mar 26 2014, 10:10 PM)
So in a situation where ducting would need to run more than 10ft, which is better: recirculating or ducted?
Ya ya , same question too rclxub.gif
TSzheilwane
post Mar 27 2014, 11:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(azleena @ Mar 26 2014, 10:10 PM)
Still duct, i got customer using Fotile EH10BQ with 15ft and he say it performing well.
TSzheilwane
post Mar 27 2014, 11:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(quintesson @ Mar 27 2014, 02:27 AM)
Hi zheilwane what is the best price & model of hood and hob value for money under rm2k / slightly over rm2k recommended?  is it will better or same getting it from the fair or now? Pls pm. Thanks
If more than 2K definitely can get Fotile and now it is a good time to drop by perfect living for additional free stuff like extended warranty, lucky draw and etc as posted previously. If looking for less than 2k i would recommend rubine rosemary as it has suction power of 1,350m3/h
soR
post Mar 28 2014, 05:26 AM

Regular
1,140 posts

Guys usually what is the standard practice for making the hole for the duct hood?

I know that its gotta be center of our hob.

My tabletop height till ceilling is 6ft, also the hole gotta be 7inches right?
LucasTan1987
post Mar 28 2014, 10:23 PM

12 posts

Hi, if we would like to use ductless hood, what brand and model recommended? Thankss
jenhuei
post Mar 28 2014, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

any sifu can introduce a masonry contractor? I need to open a hole on my wall for exhaust ducting of my Rubine hood which I left out during renovation thinking that just recirculating is sufficient.

kindly advice. Thank you.
westlife
post Mar 29 2014, 02:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,687 posts

QUOTE(Doraemon11 @ Mar 10 2014, 12:47 PM)
sigh.... cry.gif

Attached Image
For me I think this prob is still ok. I would worry more on the height of the built-in oven. Like this layout, yes it saves space, but if u are to use the oven often, it will be tiring since u will need to squard down every time.
soR
post Mar 29 2014, 07:26 AM

Regular
1,140 posts

Hey guys my setup of things for the hood and hob is something like this

user posted image

Is it ok? any error?
Actually i worried that the cover of the ducting hood will clash the socket no. 1, thus making the hood not going to be center of the hob.. and if the mosaic has been fixed, my choice of hood would be limited to compensate that socket.

I ask the wiring guy earlier to just put wire for the hood and the power switch for it somewhere close to normal power socket. His reason cannot do like that is because later maintenance hard, quite weird i saw other forumers what they did is just ready the wire for hood and the power switch for the hood at different location far from the hood itself..

What i need to fix since today they going to mosaic it.. is it the position of the no 1 switch?

This post has been edited by soR: Mar 29 2014, 07:35 AM
weikee
post Mar 29 2014, 08:09 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(soR @ Mar 29 2014, 07:26 AM)
Hey guys my setup of things for the hood and hob is something like this

user posted image

Is it ok? any error?
Actually i worried that the cover of the ducting hood will clash the socket no. 1, thus making the hood not going to be center of the hob.. and if the mosaic has been fixed, my choice of hood would be limited to compensate that socket.

I ask the wiring guy earlier to just put wire for the hood and the power switch for it somewhere close to normal power socket. His reason cannot do like that is because later maintenance hard, quite weird i saw other forumers what they did is just ready the wire for hood and the power switch for the hood at different location far from the hood itself..

What i need to fix since today they going to mosaic it.. is it the position of the no 1 switch?
I put mine in the center / slightly offset to the center of the hob.
soR
post Mar 29 2014, 09:25 AM

Regular
1,140 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Mar 29 2014, 08:09 AM)
I put mine in the center / slightly offset to the center of the hob.
The hood?
weikee
post Mar 29 2014, 09:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(soR @ Mar 29 2014, 09:25 AM)
The hood?
Sorry typo error. Yes hood. Actually you don't need a socket just wires. And the on/off switch is at the lighting switch there.
sgpdsmss
post Mar 29 2014, 03:54 PM

Regular
1,459 posts

is Builders Hardware coming to

Exhibition Perfect Livin ’14
Show Concept Home & Lifestyle Exhibition
Dates 23 – 25 May 2014
Exhibition Hours 11.00 am – 9.00 pm
Venue Subterranean Penang International Conference & Exhibition Center (sPICE)
(Arena Level 2 & Concourse Level 3)

thanks...
OneMoreDay
post Mar 29 2014, 05:43 PM

On my way
580 posts

Any comments on Miele?
westlife
post Mar 29 2014, 10:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,687 posts

For gas hob, is I it 3 burners one better or 2 burners one better?
OneMoreDay
post Mar 30 2014, 12:05 AM

On my way
580 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Mar 29 2014, 10:47 PM)
For gas hob, is I it 3 burners one better or 2 burners one better?
Personally, I like the look of a three burner. But that's just me. My mom is the cook in the family. She rarely ever uses three burners on our four burner gas stove. I asked her which she'd prefer and she said the two burner since it would be cheaper. How likely are you ever going to use three burners simultaneously unless you're on Iron Chef?
soR
post Mar 30 2014, 03:12 AM

Regular
1,140 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Mar 29 2014, 09:34 AM)
Sorry typo error. Yes hood. Actually you don't need a socket just wires. And the on/off switch is at the lighting switch there.
ye we changed it already now... thanks

TSzheilwane
post Mar 30 2014, 09:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(LucasTan1987 @ Mar 28 2014, 10:23 PM)
Hi, if we would like to use ductless hood, what brand and model recommended?  Thankss
My best Ductless hood is Rubine - Rosemary, it has 1350m3/h suction power, dual charcoal filter system and also dual touch screen control smile.gif
westlife
post Mar 30 2014, 02:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,687 posts

QUOTE(OneMoreDay @ Mar 30 2014, 12:05 AM)
Personally, I like the look of a three burner. But that's just me. My mom is the cook in the family. She rarely ever uses three burners on our four burner gas stove. I asked her which she'd prefer and she said the two burner since it would be cheaper. How likely are you ever going to use three burners simultaneously unless you're on Iron Chef?
Yup that's my concern. Actually I only two persons in the house including myself. Two burners are confirmed enough. Just that not sure if three burners are better buy or more common or what. Price wise I think at most rm1xx difference
quintesson
post Mar 31 2014, 02:24 PM

On my way
553 posts

which type of hood is better & easier to maintain, those with an oil trap cup or filter only?
akira982443
post Apr 1 2014, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

Planning to get Rinnai RH-C779-SB for my new house. Anyone using Rinnai RH-C779-SB? how was it? mind to give some review on this model? thanks in advance

This post has been edited by akira982443: Apr 1 2014, 11:02 AM
emmo_madrid
post Apr 3 2014, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

visited Builders Hardware booth at Perfect Livin today and managed to grab good deal from them for hood+hob+oven..i must say their customer service is top notch! patiently attending me & my wife crazy head asking for more discount and free gift hahaha..Zheilwane has been very accomodating to us and helpful..overall a pleasant experience dealing with Builders Hardware team.. thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
shahzad86
post Apr 3 2014, 11:29 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

Attached Image Attached Image

Gott the combo of EH10BQ + GCG 90301 from zheilwane today @ Perfect Livin......couldn't afford the new JQG9009 cry.gif

This post has been edited by shahzad86: Apr 3 2014, 11:30 PM
ck1
post Apr 4 2014, 10:33 AM

4 posts

Visited Builders Hardware at Perfect Livin yesterday and met with Zheilwane, the man himself. He is good in giving advice and provide informative practical tips. Had a very pleasant experience dealing with him. Well, finally secured my order for GCG90301+JQG9009 with all the perks available only during the fair.

Another happy customer here.
equuos
post Apr 4 2014, 11:04 AM

9 posts

bro Zheilwane would you be at the fair tomorrow. which floor you are located.
monkey9926
post Apr 4 2014, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
292 posts

QUOTE(akira982443 @ Apr 1 2014, 10:48 AM)
Planning to get Rinnai RH-C779-SB for my new house. Anyone using Rinnai RH-C779-SB? how was it? mind to give some review on this model? thanks in advance
anyone given u feedback?

weikee
post Apr 5 2014, 11:22 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(monkey9926 @ Apr 4 2014, 03:34 PM)
anyone given u feedback?
Didn't use before. You you need more info try JF Home at Usj 9, XamMax, or iamsobloodysick forumer.
akira982443
post Apr 5 2014, 10:02 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(monkey9926 @ Apr 4 2014, 03:34 PM)
anyone given u feedback?
Nope. it seems everyone here is mostly using Fotile.
Waachaaa
post Apr 5 2014, 11:10 PM

Casual
481 posts

Highly recommended Zean for his patient and recommendation. Bought the whole package of Hood, Hob, oven and sinks from him.
Feel free to ask him anything.

mag9
post Apr 5 2014, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

jus bought senz 's hob and hood
Mohdnorazman
post Apr 6 2014, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Hi
Just bought fotile hood jqg9009 and hob gcg90201 + hce granite sink. Thumb up to zean for good customer service. Trustable seller. Will recommend to others
c.o.o.l
post Apr 6 2014, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
241 posts

Bought fotile hood jqg9009 + hob gcg90301 + sink at perfect livin today from Builders hardware. There is so many people at the booth, can't really talk to zean.

This post has been edited by c.o.o.l: Apr 6 2014, 02:41 PM
storm04
post Apr 7 2014, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

:'( it seem like the cooking area i have is so limited (around 820mm) and cant use most of the hoods exept jx06 or jx05 but not displayed there and is old model jx06 or jx05 ... this still available? and what's the diff between them? i read the specs besides the look i cant find any difference...

meet an elderly gentelman from builder's hardware and he is so helpful.
will drop by their hse when i managed to get the hse measurements etc
litnit
post Apr 7 2014, 12:56 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

Finally, I have placed the order for hood + hob + sink during the perfect livin visit. Thanks to @zheilwane patient explanation and some experience sharing on the under-mount sink.
teng0621
post Apr 7 2014, 01:28 PM

7 posts

hi all sifu, except fotile gas hob anyone are using delonghi? any advice on that?
Waachaaa
post Apr 7 2014, 06:05 PM

Casual
481 posts

Hi Zean,

I noticed you carry Grundfos water pump as well.

I am using a built in pump National brand water heater.
When water ration, i can only rely on Water Tank. However i noticed the water from pipe is fine but water from shower head is very low, do you have any solution?
wnm929
post Apr 14 2014, 10:13 AM

18 posts

hi there, can i check if anyone knows where can i install hob and cooker? i am looking for someone who can install it for me.
its been rather hard looking for someone who is able to install smile.gif
thank you
zoe33
post Apr 14 2014, 01:11 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

does purchasing from builders include installation of hood and hob as well as the duct pipe?
wnm929
post Apr 14 2014, 03:04 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(zoe33 @ Apr 14 2014, 01:11 PM)
does purchasing from builders include installation of hood and hob as well as the duct pipe?
well, its more like buy separately and fix separately, i did try asking a few shops but they are unable to fix it sad.gif
TSzheilwane
post Apr 14 2014, 09:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(zoe33 @ Apr 14 2014, 01:11 PM)
We only sell as FOTILE does not provide installation but if u need some1 to installer we can recommend our installer.
Here is our my installer install for my house

user posted image
zoe33
post Apr 15 2014, 04:06 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Apr 14 2014, 09:48 PM)
We only sell as FOTILE does not provide installation but if u need some1 to installer we can recommend our installer.
Here is our my installer install for my house

user posted image
is he good?
can pm me the price? and contact? thanks
ynnek85
post Apr 24 2014, 04:46 PM

16 posts

Hi Zean,

I am looking for a slim hood and an induction cooker as a package. Please advise.

I don't cook so often at the moment
bluishblueblack
post Apr 26 2014, 11:03 AM

21 posts

I have read through most of this thread and would like to thank Zheilwane aka Zean (how do you pronounce this?) for unselfishly providing us all with such helpful information.

I confess to be a total noob at home improvement matters and have learned much from the questions and experiences shared here.

Having recently received the keys to our first house (in Ipoh, lot size 20 x 70), my wife and I are planning to do some minor improvement work with our limited budget to make our home a functional a comfortable living space. Attached is an amateurish floor plan I attempted to draw using a the free (non premium version) of MagicPlan app available on Play Store.

In a nutshell, we do not plan to break/build any walls and, at the moment, the following list is an approximate idea of what we intend to do:

1. Grilles + Awning for Laundry Room
2. Wiring + Additional Lighting and Power Points.
3. Plumbing (adding outdoor faucet and washer outlet)
3. Kitchen Cabinet (bottom only with simple open top racks)
4. Kitchen Appliances (Hood+Hob+Oven) --> the reason I am posting here.

After browsing through Builders Hardware FB and Xammax.my, I went to visited two Fotile dealers in Ipoh and was given the following preliminary quotes:

Dealer 1:
Recommended Rubine strongly, saying the price is much lower than Fotile, and suitable for small families who do less cooking (my wife and I both hit 30 this year and do not plan to have children in the medium term).
Package: Rubine Sapphire hood (1000m3/hr) + Rubine Prado hob + Rubine IA6 oven = RM3188
Not much effort was made to push Fotile, and the response we got was that Fotile would cost at least another RM1000. The dealer was friendly and seemed well versed with various questions though she denied being the owner of the business. She also introduced us to another promotion Cabana sink + faucet + dish rack for RM599.
Installation of all appliances is free of charge, but we will have to find a contractor to drill a 6" hole for exhaust ducting outlet. Before we left, she reminded us that prices will increase next month (don't know if this is just tactical or real).

Dealer 2:
This dealer also does interior design and kitchen cabinet. Owner (or senior staff) sat at the counter and basically ignored us (maybe she assumed us to be another pair of young punks). However, the young girl who attended to us was generally able to answer our queries and gave us a cost estimate (both for appliances as well as KC).
Package: As advertised in the Fotile March-May 2014 catalog. Fotile EH10BQ hood + Fotile GFG86201 hob = RM2700, which about RM500 less than the catalog price. As for oven, it is a PWP deal - Fotile KES6003A = RM1998 with no further discount. So total price for Hood + Hob + Oven would come to RM4698.
I showed her my floor plan (U shape kitchen) and she made a quick calculation for KC (bottom only, solid wood, granite top) = Approx RM8k . If we opt for chipboard+melamine coating, it will be approx RM6k.
Dealer 2 also provides free installation.

If you have visited Builders Hardware FB or Xammax, there seems to be a world of difference in price and products available. My wife and I are now discussing whether to get these from Ipoh (free installation + after sales service but at a higher price) or to order online with better price/product options but without installation.

How difficult/dangerous is it to leave installation to another person? Should I get these items from Ipoh dealers or KL via online purchase? Appreciate your kind advice on any related matters, too. Thank you.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Mohdnorazman
post Apr 26 2014, 01:33 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(bluishblueblack @ Apr 26 2014, 11:03 AM)
I have read through most of this thread and would like to thank Zheilwane aka Zean (how do you pronounce this?) for unselfishly providing us all with such helpful information.

I confess to be a total noob at home improvement matters and have learned much from the questions and experiences shared here.

Having recently received the keys to our first house (in Ipoh, lot size 20 x 70), my wife and I are planning to do some minor improvement work with our limited budget to make our home a functional a comfortable living space. Attached is an amateurish floor plan I attempted to draw using a the free (non premium version) of MagicPlan app available on Play Store.

In a nutshell, we do not plan to break/build any walls and, at the moment, the following list is an approximate idea of what we intend to do:

1. Grilles + Awning for Laundry Room
2. Wiring + Additional Lighting and Power Points.
3. Plumbing (adding outdoor faucet and washer outlet)
3. Kitchen Cabinet (bottom only with simple open top racks)
4. Kitchen Appliances (Hood+Hob+Oven) --> the reason I am posting here.

After browsing through Builders Hardware FB and Xammax.my, I went to visited two Fotile dealers in Ipoh and was given the following preliminary quotes:

Dealer 1:
Recommended Rubine strongly, saying the price is much lower than Fotile, and suitable for small families who do less cooking (my wife and I both hit 30 this year and do not plan to have children in the medium term).
Package: Rubine Sapphire hood (1000m3/hr) + Rubine Prado hob + Rubine IA6 oven = RM3188
Not much effort was made to push Fotile, and the response we got was that Fotile would cost at least another RM1000. The dealer was friendly and seemed well versed with various questions though she denied being the owner of the business. She also introduced us to another promotion Cabana sink + faucet + dish rack for RM599.
Installation of all appliances is free of charge, but we will have to find a contractor to drill a 6" hole for exhaust ducting outlet. Before we left, she reminded us that prices will increase next month (don't know if this is just tactical or real).

Dealer 2:
This dealer also does interior design and kitchen cabinet. Owner (or senior staff) sat at the counter and basically ignored us (maybe she assumed us to be another pair of young punks). However, the young girl who attended to us was generally able to answer our queries and gave us a cost estimate (both for appliances as well as KC).
Package: As advertised in the Fotile March-May 2014 catalog. Fotile EH10BQ hood + Fotile GFG86201 hob = RM2700, which about RM500 less than the catalog price. As for oven, it is a PWP deal - Fotile KES6003A = RM1998 with no further discount. So total price for Hood + Hob + Oven would come to RM4698.
I showed her my floor plan (U shape kitchen) and she made a quick calculation for KC (bottom only, solid wood, granite top) = Approx RM8k . If we opt for chipboard+melamine coating, it will be approx RM6k.
Dealer 2 also provides free installation.

If you have visited Builders Hardware FB or Xammax, there seems to be a world of difference in price and products available. My wife and I are now discussing whether to get these from Ipoh (free installation + after sales service but at a higher price) or to order online with better price/product options but without installation.

How difficult/dangerous is it to leave installation to another person? Should I get these items from Ipoh dealers or KL via online purchase? Appreciate your kind advice on any related matters, too. Thank you.
I m from penang but my hood, hoob and granite sink get from buiders hardware (zean). All this bought online.Very trustable seller.
Xccess
post Apr 26 2014, 10:40 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,606 posts

QUOTE(zoe33 @ Apr 15 2014, 04:06 PM)
is he good?
can pm me the price? and contact? thanks
For exterior I think it's better to cover up with a wire mesh to prevent birds from nesting.
Fazab
post Apr 26 2014, 11:15 PM

On my way
516 posts

QUOTE(bluishblueblack @ Apr 26 2014, 11:03 AM)

Hob - usually installed by kitchen cabinet people. You need to buy the hob first, so that the KC people knows what size of hole to cut out in your granite or melamine top.

Oven - usually kitchen cabinet people will help you install.
(If it is a built-in oven - then it needs to be installed in a kitchen cabinet. Cannot stand alone)
But you will want to pull a new wire for oven.
Check with your KC people where will the oven be, and ask them where to put the wire point.

Hood - this one can get independent installer.
Most shops who sell hood don't do the installation, but will recommend an installer.
No sure how easy to get in Ipoh. Also check the fees.
Check with your KC people where to put the hood. If no wire nearby, has to pull a new one.

garykam
post Apr 26 2014, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

I jst buy sugawa induction cooker. The sales gal say no need to buy a hood. want to know izzit true?
bluishblueblack
post Apr 27 2014, 01:42 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(Fazab @ Apr 26 2014, 11:15 PM)
Hob -  usually installed by kitchen cabinet people. You need to buy the hob first, so that the KC people knows what size of hole to cut out in your granite or melamine top.

Oven - usually kitchen cabinet people will help you install.
(If it is  a built-in oven - then it needs to be installed in a kitchen cabinet. Cannot stand alone)
But you will want to pull a new wire for oven.
Check with your KC people where will the oven be, and ask them where to put the wire point.

Hood -  this one can get independent installer.
Most shops who sell hood don't do the installation, but will recommend an installer.
No sure how easy to get in Ipoh. Also check the fees.
Check with your KC people where to put the hood. If no wire nearby, has to pull a new one.
Thanks so much for the info. Now I have a better idea on how to proceed with confidence. That gives me more options than to just rely on ipoh dealers.

Any idea what is the range of cost for installing a hood? If I do not want top cabinets (planning to opt for open shelves), can the exhaust duct go through the ceiling?
Kelifu
post Apr 27 2014, 10:15 AM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(garykam @ Apr 26 2014, 11:18 PM)
I jst buy sugawa induction cooker. The sales gal say no need to buy a hood. want to know izzit true?
thats a greatest joke i heard rclxms.gif . many brands like to create nonsense. please la. even u use those high-end brand, which the price is 2x 3x 5x even 10x of sugawa cooker also got smoke come out when cooking, how come sugawa no smoke? ask back the sales girl, if got smoke is it fully refund? then she will make another story with u again... brows.gif
Kelifu
post Apr 27 2014, 10:26 AM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(bluishblueblack @ Apr 27 2014, 01:42 AM)
Thanks so much for the info. Now I have a better idea on how to proceed with confidence. That gives me more options than to just rely on ipoh dealers.

Any idea what is the range of cost for installing a hood? If I do not want top cabinets (planning to opt for open shelves), can the exhaust duct go through the ceiling?
Standard market price for install cooker hood is
RM150 for recycle type hood ( meaning will not do duct out, only will use the charcoal filter to filter the smell, and the air will blow back into ur kitchen, if u do recycle one, u have to change the charcoal filter frequently depends how heavy u cook, normally one filter can tahan up to 9 - 12mths )

RM300 - RM350 for duct out ( hack hole on wall, then install the hose for hood, then smoke blow out! )

hope this help u thumbup.gif
ubzteam
post Apr 27 2014, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(Kelifu @ Apr 27 2014, 10:15 AM)
thats a greatest joke i heard rclxms.gif . many brands like to create nonsense. please la. even u use those high-end brand, which the price is 2x 3x 5x even 10x of sugawa cooker also got smoke come out when cooking, how come sugawa no smoke? ask back the sales girl, if got smoke is it fully refund? then she will make another story with u again...  brows.gif
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif Agreed!
Kelifu
post Apr 27 2014, 11:35 AM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(ubzteam @ Apr 27 2014, 11:13 AM)
thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  Agreed!
brows.gif brows.gif
garykam
post Apr 27 2014, 01:11 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(Kelifu @ Apr 27 2014, 10:15 AM)
thats a greatest joke i heard rclxms.gif . many brands like to create nonsense. please la. even u use those high-end brand, which the price is 2x 3x 5x even 10x of sugawa cooker also got smoke come out when cooking, how come sugawa no smoke? ask back the sales girl, if got smoke is it fully refund? then she will make another story with u again...  brows.gif
she said cooking sure got smoke come out, but use induction cooler, the smoke is not oily. She said if we use hob to cook, the oily smoke is come from the gas. I not sure whether is bullshit or wat icon_question.gif
bluishblueblack
post Apr 27 2014, 06:36 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(garykam @ Apr 27 2014, 01:11 PM)
she said cooking sure got smoke come out, but use induction cooler, the smoke is not oily. She said if we use hob to cook, the oily smoke is come from the gas. I not sure whether is bullshit or wat  icon_question.gif
No offense. Maybe you should ask her to demo fried chicken using induction and ask her to walk barefoot on her kitchen floor after that.
weikee
post Apr 27 2014, 07:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

she said cooking sure got smoke come out, but use induction cooler, the smoke is not oily. She said if we use hob to cook, the oily smoke is come from the gas. I not sure whether is bullshit or wat  icon_question.gif
Whole lots of craps. So induction no need oil to fry? This company never fail to show their stupidity. Not the first time I heard nonsense claim by this brand saleman/women.
weikee
post Apr 27 2014, 07:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(bluishblueblack @ Apr 27 2014, 06:36 PM)
No offense. Maybe you should ask her to demo fried chicken using induction and ask her to walk barefoot on her kitchen floor after that.
Cooler as per class by sales. Maybe ask her put her hand on the fry pan.
bluishblueblack
post Apr 27 2014, 07:23 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(Kelifu @ Apr 27 2014, 10:26 AM)
Standard market price for install cooker hood is
RM150 for recycle type hood ( meaning will not do duct out, only will use the charcoal filter to filter the smell, and the air will blow back into ur kitchen, if u do recycle one, u have to change the charcoal filter frequently depends how heavy u cook, normally one filter can tahan up to 9 - 12mths )

RM300 - RM350 for duct out ( hack hole on wall, then install the hose for hood, then smoke blow out! )

hope this help u thumbup.gif
Thanks! Now I won't make decisions blindly.

Will check out zean's packages in the coming days and update you fellas again if I have any questions.
jooleata
post Apr 27 2014, 08:58 PM

12 posts

Hi all,

Looking a cooker hob urgently, heavy asian cooking. And not really interested with tmpered glass. Any brand recommend? Instead of fotile, i dont see any reviews fron other product..

Now im eye-ing on pacifica and lebensstil stainless steel cooker hob for safety and child purposes, any idea friends? Help!
Mohdnorazman
post Apr 27 2014, 10:24 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(jooleata @ Apr 27 2014, 08:58 PM)
Hi all,

Looking a cooker hob urgently, heavy asian cooking. And not really interested with tmpered glass. Any brand recommend? Instead of fotile, i dont see any reviews fron other product..

Now im eye-ing on pacifica and lebensstil stainless steel cooker hob for safety and child purposes, any idea friends? Help!
Try rinnai. Some kitchen shop said the flame fire is great

weikee
post Apr 27 2014, 11:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(Mohdnorazman @ Apr 27 2014, 10:24 PM)
Try rinnai. Some kitchen shop said the flame fire is great
Highly recommend Rinnai. No regret.
bluishblueblack
post Apr 28 2014, 01:11 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Apr 27 2014, 11:33 PM)
Highly recommend Rinnai. No regret.
I am from Ipoh, can you recommend where I can check out r8nnai? Presently my research is limited to online store xammax and builders hardware. Xammax has a number of rinnai hood + hob packages, do you guys recommend any particular models? Am trying to keep budget to about rm4k for the three items. Previously noticed builders hardware had some affordable fotile deals which even comes with sink and faucet.

I couldn't make it to perfect livin and so plan to visit homedec this week. Any tips to share re finding a good deal at such fairs?

Appreciate any advice! Thx.
weikee
post Apr 28 2014, 08:41 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(bluishblueblack @ Apr 28 2014, 01:11 AM)
I am from Ipoh, can you recommend where I can check out r8nnai? Presently my research is limited to online store xammax and builders hardware. Xammax has a number of rinnai hood + hob packages, do you guys recommend any particular models? Am trying to keep budget to about rm4k for the three items. Previously noticed builders hardware had some affordable fotile deals which even comes with sink and faucet.

I couldn't make it to perfect livin and so plan to visit homedec this week. Any tips to share re finding a good deal at such fairs?

Appreciate any advice! Thx.
Sorry I don't have contact on Ipoh. I deal with JF Home @ usj 9 for rinnai. I know the seller "iamsobloodysick" also sell rinnai, you can contact them. I have compare the 2011 rinnai and fotile hob before, fotile is no where near compare the Rinnai Inner Flame Technology.
eve1231
post Apr 28 2014, 09:53 AM

1 posts

May I know what's the performance wise for Fotile CTS9004? It seems to be the highest air flow among the range of Fotile's hoods but there's no review at all.

This post has been edited by eve1231: Apr 28 2014, 09:54 AM
wookp
post Apr 28 2014, 11:59 AM

Casual
497 posts

Any difference between Fotile cooker GFG86201 and GCG90201?
ynnek85
post Apr 28 2014, 03:32 PM

16 posts

Has anyone used Rinnai induction cooker before? I am planning to get either Rinnai or Rubine induction cooker.
Quanta
post Apr 28 2014, 04:33 PM

Idiot member
1,330 posts

QUOTE(eve1231 @ Apr 28 2014, 09:53 AM)
May I know what's the performance wise for Fotile CTS9004? It seems to be the highest air flow among the range of Fotile's hoods but there's no review at all.
just installed cts9004 two weeks ago and so far so good. 3 levels of exhaust fan speed and noisy if I am using the level 3 (max) speed. I was using internal circulation hood previously and after changing to this, yes I can see the improvement as my floor doesn't have the oily stain after cooking and my mosquito netting is still clean. My kitchen does not have any exhaust fan and depends on this CTS9004 to recirculate the air; and it is effective as the kitchen temperature stays constant and, the cooking smell is not that significant compare to my previous hood.

not sure if this helps

This post has been edited by Quanta: Apr 28 2014, 04:34 PM
RDPD
post Apr 28 2014, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

Guys, usually what's the recommended suction power for hood? 1000m3/h and above?
Kelifu
post Apr 28 2014, 08:49 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(ynnek85 @ Apr 28 2014, 03:32 PM)
Has anyone used Rinnai induction cooker before? I am planning to get either Rinnai or Rubine induction cooker.
Rinnai very famous with their gas hob... electric hob then... rolleyes.gif
Kelifu
post Apr 28 2014, 08:53 PM

Casual
444 posts

smoke is not oily drool.gif drool.gif
quite impossible... or i should confirm say, IMPOSSIBLE!! hahaha...
Kelifu
post Apr 28 2014, 08:56 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(bluishblueblack @ Apr 27 2014, 06:36 PM)
ask her tarik her face left to right, on the wall, in front their SUGAWA induction hob see... really not oily or not her face brows.gif
TSzheilwane
post Apr 28 2014, 09:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(wookp @ Apr 28 2014, 11:59 AM)
Any difference between Fotile cooker GFG86201 and GCG90201?
hi, GCG is a one piece burner. Hence it is ezier to clean, actually there are some reviews on it by other customers in a few pages back, i m using it as well smile.gif
wookp
post Apr 29 2014, 03:31 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Apr 28 2014, 09:01 PM)
hi, GCG is a one piece burner. Hence it is ezier to clean, actually there are some reviews on it by other customers in a few pages back, i m using it as well smile.gif
Oh OK. What aboug the GFG? I was wondering to whether which is the newer model.
ubzteam.bayu
post Apr 29 2014, 05:38 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(wookp @ Apr 29 2014, 03:31 PM)
Hi.
Below is the "Latest Model" :
if you need more information and " The Best offer " please visit our Showroom ! TQ!
thumbup.gif
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2545539&hl=

GAG76202
http://www.fotile.com.my/prdtshowcase-Prod...s-gag76202.html
user posted image

GAG86210
http://www.fotile.com.my/prdtshowcase-Prod...s-gag86210.html
user posted image

GAG86309
http://www.fotile.com.my/prdtshowcase-Prod...s-gag86309.html
user posted image

Check into below video clip to see how the new EPS hob
burning technology work best as your perfect partner in cooking!

This post has been edited by ubzteam.bayu: Apr 30 2014, 07:02 PM
TSzheilwane
post Apr 29 2014, 11:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

GAG series is a newer version of GFG, they look alike but GAG claims that the flame power is extremely strong. Actually i tested GCG (3.8kW) n GFG (4.0kW) they are equally strong and stronger than some other brands with higher kW will test out, GAG later. However, maintenance wise GCG is a one piece removable burner, hence it is ezier to clean as per photo shared by sovietmah previously

user posted image

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Apr 29 2014, 11:08 PM
kokmengng
post Apr 30 2014, 11:08 AM

Enthusiast
882 posts

I will go for latest model & technology for sure. GAG ftw. thumbup.gif
ubzteam.bayu
post Apr 30 2014, 02:14 PM

44 posts

Just to share with you guys of the below Fotile China link for the FOTILE HOBS and series of BURNING TECHNOLOGY:-

Below may help to explain the FOTILE hob burning technology. You can check into the detail of each model characteristic, then you will be able to see which hob specification is your require hob to suit your cooking style. This link can be used as guideline to explain the hob series generation and the technology comparison biggrin.gif

(TRIPLE WAY PRESSURE CORE TECHNOLOGY)
FC1B = http://en.fotile.com/product.php?mod=detail&pid=123

(SAME CORE TECHNOLOGY AS FC1B MODEL WITH SOME IMPROVEMENT)
GFG90201 = http://en.fotile.com/product.php?mod=detail&pid=121
GCG90301 = http://en.fotile.com/product.php?mod=detail&pid=120

(5-NOZZLE DRIVEN CORE TECHNOLOGY)
GFG86201 = http://en.fotile.com/product.php?mod=detail&pid=122
GFG86302 = http://en.fotile.com/product.php?mod=detail&pid=118

(NEW MODEL 2014 - LATEST EPS BURNING CORE TECHNOLOGY)
GAG76202
GAG86210
GAG86309

for explanation to the EPS technology burner:- Click Here

Based on our experience, every new model of FOTILE hob will have something new in term of specification and burning technology and always a breakthrough technology from its previous model. rclxms.gif

Hope the above helps. thumbup.gif

Thank you.
moonbat
post May 6 2014, 02:14 PM

17 posts

Hi. May I ask the safest lenght of the hood from its switch?

I bought eh10bq + gfg86302

hungryJack
post May 8 2014, 07:28 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

Anyone can recommend reliable installer for installing fotile hood? Tqvm. My kitchen has existing exhaust fan hole ready and no hacking in required.
TSzheilwane
post May 8 2014, 09:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(moonbat @ May 6 2014, 02:14 PM)
Hi. May I ask the safest lenght of the hood from its switch?

I bought eh10bq + gfg86302
switch should b located away from your hood, i bliv u are asking about the wire point. Wire point should b around 1350mm above your table top.
TSzheilwane
post May 8 2014, 09:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(hungryJack @ May 8 2014, 07:28 PM)
Anyone can recommend reliable installer for installing fotile hood? Tqvm. My kitchen has existing exhaust fan hole ready and no hacking in required.
Why not call the salesperson, they will have their own installer and the price usually is ard RM 250.
hungryJack
post May 10 2014, 12:54 AM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ May 8 2014, 09:02 PM)
Why not call the salesperson, they will have their own installer and the price usually is ard RM 250.
Hi Zheilwane, i have make appointment with contractor to site survey the hood installation tomolo ... i just measure i found out that from table top to hood is only left 50cm.. is that still acceptable? Thank you.

Attached Image
TSzheilwane
post May 10 2014, 10:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

actually u can install it higher, cover up the existing hole and hack a new one. Most probably your hood's chimney will b able to cover the current exhaust hole, so u don have to tile it
avelian
post May 13 2014, 08:01 PM

40 posts

Hi Guys,

If i leave in condo and my kitchen is inside with no near excess to outside, would it mean that i cant cook anything dramatic? smile.gif like frying stuff etc?

I have no idea how to vent the smoke out. Is there such thing as a 'powerful' hood that doesn't vent smoke out?
TSzheilwane
post May 13 2014, 09:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

You can consider getting Rubine Rosemary Hood, this model has strong suction and can install either as ducted or recycle.

Eoma
post May 13 2014, 09:36 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,600 posts

I'm planning to use my Lebensstil LKCH-9200DAP hood as a ventless/re-circulating system. Good idea ?
yenhan
post May 13 2014, 10:01 PM

40 posts

Anybody used cornell before?
avelian
post May 14 2014, 11:02 AM

40 posts

Dear zheilwane,

can you pm me the price? how about installation? do u help remove the existing unit in home? TQ
TSzheilwane
post May 14 2014, 09:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

Hi mcloudteo,

We used to have a gas hob with stainless steel and we find it difficult to clean away the stain as per photo, nd to use special cleaner and scrub.
user posted image

I m using GCG 90301 as well for 6 months and it was OK but one day my grandma left a wet pot (after washing) on the hob for it to dry overnight and it rusted. Most hobs nowadays will provide cast iron wok support for better duribility but never ever ppl complain it rust as when we are cooking the flame will burn away all the water and without water it will not rust. GCG series burners are made of cast iron as well, it shouldn't rust unless there is water on the burner. However, if it did rust there is an easy and proven method to remove it as below
user posted image

Burn the burner as per my photo for 5 minutes, leave it to cool down for minimum 30 minutes. The flame will burn away the rust and after it cools down, jus get a piece of cloth, add a little olive oil and wipe away the rust (rust should turn blackish and could b wiped of easily without scrubbing) I cleaned it once and til now it looks OK. Why olive oil? recommended online but i did try normal cooking oil on another burner it works fine as well. Jus a thin layer will do.

Do not leave wet pots on the hob for any brand as it could clog up the nozzles, cause wok support to rust and may b cause ignition pin to spoil faster.

This post has been edited by zheilwane: May 14 2014, 09:18 PM
Kelifu
post May 15 2014, 10:56 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ May 14 2014, 09:03 PM)
Hi mcloudteo,

We used to have a gas hob with stainless steel and we find it difficult to clean away the stain as per photo, nd to use special cleaner and scrub.
user posted image

I m using GCG 90301 as well for 6 months and it was OK but one day my grandma left a wet pot (after washing) on the hob for it to dry overnight and it rusted. Most hobs nowadays will provide cast iron wok support for better duribility but never ever ppl complain it rust as when we are cooking the flame will burn away all the water and without water it will not rust. GCG series burners are made of cast iron as well, it shouldn't rust unless there is water on the burner. However, if it did rust there is an easy and proven method to remove it as below
user posted image

Burn the burner as per my photo for 5 minutes, leave it to cool down for minimum 30 minutes. The flame will burn away the rust and after it cools down, jus get a piece of cloth, add a little olive oil and wipe away the rust (rust should turn blackish and could b wiped of easily without scrubbing) I cleaned it once and til now it looks OK. Why olive oil? recommended online but i did try normal cooking oil on another burner it works fine as well. Jus a thin layer will do.

Do not leave wet pots on the hob for any brand as it could clog up the nozzles, cause wok support to rust and may b cause ignition pin to spoil faster.
as per the picture, u turn the burner set up side down and burn it, after that the rust stainless steel will be easy to clean away shocking.gif ?
is it gonna work or i will burn my stainless steel to black col and the stainless steel never come back?
TSzheilwane
post May 16 2014, 09:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(Kelifu @ May 15 2014, 10:56 PM)
as per the picture, u turn the burner set up side down and burn it, after that the rust stainless steel will be easy to clean away shocking.gif ?
is it gonna work or i will burn my stainless steel to black col and the stainless steel never come back?
Normal burner heads are made of alloy while Fotile, ONLY GCG series burners are made of cast iron which is very HEAVY DUTY smile.gif As the burner head is made of cast iron, hence it is black in color and u do not have to worry it turning black. Silver burner heads are made of alloy will eventually have black spots (burned stain) and they are very hard to clean.

Do not burn your normal burner head as per my photo, the silver part will turn black and the burner might deform as photo below
user posted image

Here is a photo of my Fotile GCG90301 before and after cleaning (BURNING) and coating with a thin layer of olive oil. Dont really have to use olive oil if u cook frequent as the oil will wear off fast. The olive oil is to make the burner look shining black like brand new.
user posted image

This post has been edited by zheilwane: May 16 2014, 09:58 PM
gingerman2408
post May 18 2014, 06:44 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Any hood installers to recommend? Need someone to install my Rubine hood and also install the wall cap for ducting pipe outside my condo.

Thanks in advance
MtV
post May 18 2014, 09:34 PM

Starry Starry Skies
1,685 posts

Hi there, my current existing gas hob hole is about 33 inch x 18.5 inch (838x470mm) do you think is safe to use 860x500 size? Will it be enough to support it?
TSzheilwane
post May 18 2014, 11:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,967 posts

QUOTE(MtV @ May 18 2014, 09:34 PM)
Hi there, my current existing gas hob hole is about 33 inch x 18.5 inch (838x470mm) do you think is safe to use 860x500 size? Will it be enough to support it?
Better follow the actual cut out size as the glass might break if u have heavy pots on it.
gingerman2408
post May 18 2014, 11:45 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

I have a Rubine MCH-LAZIO hood which comes with a 3 pin plug. However when my contractor pull the wire for me to install the hood..there is only 2 wires - red and black. Is that normal? Then where am I suppose to connect the green (earth) wire if I don't want to use the3 pin plug?
MtV
post May 19 2014, 12:09 AM

Starry Starry Skies
1,685 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ May 18 2014, 11:09 PM)
Better follow the actual cut out size as the glass might break if u have heavy pots on it.
I see, what is the safe margin clearance ? 20mm from each side? To ensure it support well enough?

Have to get those with 900 x 500 gas hob?
weikee
post May 19 2014, 03:08 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(gingerman2408 @ May 18 2014, 11:45 PM)
I have a Rubine MCH-LAZIO hood which comes with a 3 pin plug. However when my contractor pull the wire for me to install the hood..there is only 2 wires - red and black. Is that normal? Then where am I suppose to connect the green (earth) wire if I don't want to use the3 pin plug?
Earth is important, ask your contractor to correct it. And make sure he actually add back the earth not putting a dummy earth wire.
gingerman2408
post May 19 2014, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ May 19 2014, 03:08 AM)
Earth is important, ask your contractor to correct it. And make sure he actually add back the earth not putting a dummy earth wire.
Yea, that's what my dad told me too. But the contractor told me for hood normally all no earth wire rclxub.gif

I will request him to add the earth wire
weikee
post May 19 2014, 10:48 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(gingerman2408 @ May 19 2014, 10:44 AM)
Yea, that's what my dad told me too. But the contractor told me for hood normally all no earth wire  rclxub.gif

I will request him to add the earth wire
Can run without earth, when it fry can may also fry the human too.. Especially when spill over soup.
weikee
post May 19 2014, 10:49 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

That make me wonder, is he tapping from another power socket or direct from Circuit box?
gingerman2408
post May 19 2014, 01:39 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ May 19 2014, 10:49 AM)
That make me wonder, is he tapping from another power socket or direct from Circuit box?
From another power socket right next to it. Any problems with that?
weikee
post May 19 2014, 01:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(gingerman2408 @ May 19 2014, 01:39 PM)
From another power socket right next to it. Any problems with that?
Yes, If you are sharing, you risk burning the internal wires. Electric hob can go up to 4000 watt and more depend on model, and normal 2.5mm wires won't be able handle that load. If you loop you need to know what is being shared, some house share same wires for few socket.

You need to know your Hob max current requirement, and its recommendation wires size.

Assuming you have hood too, and from your information, I assume he also loop the same wires for hoob.

Good luck.
gingerman2408
post May 19 2014, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ May 19 2014, 01:53 PM)
Yes, If you are sharing, you risk burning the internal wires. Electric hob can go up to 4000 watt and more depend on model, and normal 2.5mm wires won't be able handle that load.  If you loop you need to know what is being shared, some house share same wires for few socket.

You need to know your Hob max current requirement, and its recommendation wires size.

Assuming you have hood too, and from your information, I assume he also loop the same wires for hoob.

Good luck.
I think you may have misunderstood. I'm talking about my hood only, I'm using gas hob. My hood is the one without the earth wire, and the wire is loop from another power socket.
weikee
post May 19 2014, 02:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(gingerman2408 @ May 19 2014, 02:28 PM)
I think you may have misunderstood. I'm talking about my hood only, I'm using gas hob. My hood is the one without the earth wire, and the wire is loop from another power socket.
Opps, sorry. Hood not so much concern on power drawn.
gingerman2408
post May 19 2014, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ May 19 2014, 02:33 PM)
Opps, sorry. Hood not so much concern on power drawn.
But still need earth wire right? Since it is made of stainless steel
weikee
post May 19 2014, 03:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(gingerman2408 @ May 19 2014, 03:16 PM)
But still need earth wire right? Since it is made of stainless steel
Every electrical equipment that have earth cable is there for purpose. Is better to earth it.
idoblu
post May 19 2014, 04:01 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

I just checked my new hood. Came with a two prong Euro plug....no Earth also.

My 6000W (total) Induction hob dont even come with any instructions on using what kind of plugs or wiring requirement. Best to connect straight to wire or go thru a plug better? Plug and socket at least can turn off the mains
wei