Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to choose a good Cooker Hoods & Gas Hobs ?, Kitchen appliances hood / hob / oven

views

aztechx
post Dec 29 2013, 10:04 AM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

Ah..about time this topic pop out. Planning to get a cooker hood for my new condo. Thing is this will be my first time shopping for a cooker hood. Not sure where to buy or what brand to go for. Prefer the flat types without the hose since i will be cooking outdoor nearby a window. Perhaps i can use the flat hood coupled with an exhaust fan? Is jusco/aeon big a good place to get stuffs like this?
aztechx
post Dec 29 2013, 05:49 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 29 2013, 10:20 AM)
Aeon selection are limited.

JF Home @ USJ 9 (This one carry Rinnai, Fotile, and others brand too)
HW Builder @ Kepong  (Check with zheilwane)
Xam Max Up Town, not sure what brand they carry
SS2 Legend, so far the cheapest Fotile I seen (in 2011), I din't buy from them only asking price when I was buying my AC.
Just got an Rh-993CT from jf home in puchong together with a stove.good service, recommended to those interested in rinnai products.

However, one of the cabinet makers say they cant hide the hob in a cabinet due to lack of ventilation might damage the hob. Seems logical but is it true?
aztechx
post Dec 29 2013, 07:35 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 29 2013, 06:16 PM)
You got the recycling or with ducting?
I got the one without ducting. Any idea if it can be concealed in a cabinet?
aztechx
post Dec 29 2013, 09:10 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 29 2013, 08:09 PM)
The cabinet need to have ventilation, if not howbtge sucked air flow out?
I was thinking of a hole on top of the cabinet with the shape of the chimney.any alternatives i can consider?
aztechx
post Jan 10 2014, 09:46 AM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

Got myself a rinnai Rh-993CT a few weeks back and will be collecting it soon. My question is, i remembered the shop asking me if i wanted filter or ducting. I said filter. If i would lime to change with ducting, will there be additional costs?
aztechx
post Jan 10 2014, 12:52 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

QUOTE(talibin @ Jan 10 2014, 12:06 PM)
I rmb they should b the same price. Shouldnt u ask the shop? If they did explain to you about the cons of using charcoal filter, i believe you wont get filter type in the first place.

From someone who actually used different brands like dayalan86 n me, the mesh filter hood is really difficult to clean n will cause the hood to be noisy if you don clean it. There was once i got fed up, i jus remove the filter.
Spoke to the shop and they quoted me additional rm260 to install and make the hole in the wall. Wasnt aware of the difference when i made the purchase that day.. sad.gif

aztechx
post Dec 10 2016, 06:19 PM

~Aviation Freak~
3,854 posts

Ive been looking high and low for a replacement stove that can replace my current one. Dimension of the hole on my cabinet top is 29.5inch X 17 inch. Current stove comes with three burners

And i thought these dimensions are standard 😅

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1005sec    0.29    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:19 PM