Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to choose a good Cooker Hoods & Gas Hobs ?, Kitchen appliances hood / hob / oven

views

weikee
post Dec 27 2013, 11:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

I beg to differ, this is like saying all All aluminium mesh are not as good as Pyramid filter (in your comparison is Fotile). Have you tested out all other brand and model hoods that you don't carry?

I am using Fotile, and I have friend using Rinnai. They cook more frequent than me, and don't need to clean everyday. Some wiremesh are easy to clean, just burn and scrub the carbon away.

This is like saying membrane filter are not as good as some other type of filter. But 3M is one a good membrane filters.

weikee
post Dec 28 2013, 11:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

The fotile you mention, is using similar design of Baffle filters, but problem with this fotile the oil get build up after the filter faster than mesh, the problem with this fotile the opening are too big and during heavy cooking oil escape the filter and build up inside the internal. I am using one for two years, and clean the inside twice. Is not easy. If they make the filter few more later will be better, just like a good Baffle filters hood.

Mesh on the other hand don't build up oil internally that fast. And Do not required (almost everyday) wash as per early comment.

This post has been edited by weikee: Dec 28 2013, 11:07 PM
weikee
post Dec 28 2013, 11:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Dec 28 2013, 11:33 PM)
thatz y i mention
"However, not all pyramid type are good in filtering the oil. Mesh is good to filter oil but bad for air low (reducing suction power)" Well mesh fitlers most of the oil but due to the reduction in suction power, your kitchen tend to be oily and that defeats the purpose of having a hood. I just moved in to my new house more 1 month+ and using Fotile EH10BQ as well, my grandma cooks almost everyday, got lots of good food  rclxms.gif , we only clean the hood once and the inside just wipe with tissue (not really oily) Ofcoz if u use for 2 years, oil will build up inside, even mesh will have oil in the hood.
I also have friend who is crazy about cooking and heavily using the Rinnai for many years, I ask him how often he clean, only once a week, and never clean the internal before. Not all Mesh are build equal. Same goes to Membrane water filter like 3M vs others.
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 10:20 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Dec 29 2013, 10:04 AM)
Ah..about time this topic pop out. Planning to get a cooker hood for my new condo. Thing is this will be my first time shopping for a cooker hood. Not sure where to buy or what brand to go for. Prefer the flat types without the hose since i will be cooking outdoor nearby a window. Perhaps i can use the flat hood coupled with an exhaust fan? Is jusco/aeon big a good place to get stuffs like this?
Aeon selection are limited.

JF Home @ USJ 9 (This one carry Rinnai, Fotile, and others brand too)
HW Builder @ Kepong (Check with zheilwane)
Xam Max Up Town, not sure what brand they carry
SS2 Legend, so far the cheapest Fotile I seen (in 2011), I din't buy from them only asking price when I was buying my AC.

This post has been edited by weikee: Dec 29 2013, 10:21 AM
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 02:59 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(talibin @ Dec 29 2013, 01:06 PM)
I m usually around puchong area and true from pj to puchong ss2 legend price is very attractive. A little reluctant to travel all the way to kepong - builders hardware but none of the salesperson could convince me and with all the good reviews on zheilwane i ended up going over. Well their price is comparable with ss2 legend but from the service the their exclusive gas hob, i purchase it from zheilwane
You should also visit JF Home, many have been pleased with their service too.
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 04:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(talibin @ Dec 29 2013, 03:31 PM)
Well as shown we cook a lot and we used to have rinnai hood with mesh filter. Previously bought it bcoz rinnai is a famous brand and also made in japan, the flat mesh also looks nice and i do agree hood with oil cups are ugly. For someone who actually used both type i would say mesh is a big no no. Not sure how many of you here actually used both types before? Belum cuba, belum tau . . Btw wei kee u working for jf? C u always promote for them
Haha... Yeah I am the owner of the shop, please buy from them so I get more business smile.gif

Sometime i a bit traitor, i buy from my own shop, buy from Xam Max, buy from HW Builders, and others shop too...
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 06:16 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Dec 29 2013, 05:49 PM)
Just got an Rh-993CT from jf home in puchong together with a stove.good service, recommended to those interested in rinnai products.

However, one of the cabinet makers say they cant hide the hob in a cabinet due to lack of ventilation might damage the hob. Seems logical but is it true?
You got the recycling or with ducting?
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 08:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Dec 29 2013, 07:35 PM)
I got the one without ducting. Any idea if it can be concealed in a cabinet?
The cabinet need to have ventilation, if not howbtge sucked air flow out?
weikee
post Dec 29 2013, 09:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Dec 29 2013, 09:10 PM)
I was thinking of a hole on top of the cabinet with the shape of the chimney.any alternatives i can consider?
Sound workable, or put cabinet door with small small holes.
weikee
post Jan 5 2014, 12:00 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

You need to take out the "Grill".

Mine had lots of oil build up inside and need to clean after few months. Is hassle, and if not it will cause sticky build up. Some worse case will stick the flipper.

This post has been edited by weikee: Jan 5 2014, 12:01 PM
weikee
post Jan 11 2014, 09:51 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(aztechx @ Jan 10 2014, 12:52 PM)
Spoke to the shop and they quoted me additional rm260 to install and make the hole in the wall. Wasnt aware of the difference when i made the purchase that day..  sad.gif
I will put the cost 260 is to open up the hole. Not the price different of the hob.
weikee
post Jan 27 2014, 07:40 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(Like a Bause @ Jan 27 2014, 12:49 AM)
the suction power needed to be how much onwards? my kitchen i think needed 13ft.. would there be any problem if the hose is too long than usual ?
The longer it goes the performance will drop. When the manufacture do the specification, they test on certain length. Just list straw long mean harder to suck.
weikee
post Mar 10 2014, 11:40 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Can't recall how the build in over design, if the heat are ventilated on the rear, the heat can harden the gas hose.

I saw you have a plug point where your gas tank locate, isn't it dangerous? imagine gas leak and your plug point spark..
weikee
post Mar 10 2014, 06:26 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Mar 10 2014, 05:51 PM)
I got customer install that way as well, so far no problem. Try turning on the oven then lift up the hob and feel the temperature inside of the cabinet. I bliv it wont b too hot as the hot air is blown infront of the oven not rear, if it is too hot wont the wire of the oven melt as well? If really hot, may b use insulation like air con to protect it

Is the plug for the oven? it looks like a 13amp plug while most ovens require 15amp
Got customer install that way doesn't mean is safe.
weikee
post Mar 11 2014, 12:05 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Some over cooling vent are front, I hope all build in oven cooling vent are front. But after long hours of usage the entire oven will be hot, and that will transfer the heat. I can't remember where I read, remember see a photo of a white cabinet wall turn brown because behind the cabinet wall is the build in oven.

The safety of the plug build inside the Gas tank storage are also major Risk.
weikee
post Mar 29 2014, 08:09 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(soR @ Mar 29 2014, 07:26 AM)
Hey guys my setup of things for the hood and hob is something like this

user posted image

Is it ok? any error?
Actually i worried that the cover of the ducting hood will clash the socket no. 1, thus making the hood not going to be center of the hob.. and if the mosaic has been fixed, my choice of hood would be limited to compensate that socket.

I ask the wiring guy earlier to just put wire for the hood and the power switch for it somewhere close to normal power socket. His reason cannot do like that is because later maintenance hard, quite weird i saw other forumers what they did is just ready the wire for hood and the power switch for the hood at different location far from the hood itself..

What i need to fix since today they going to mosaic it.. is it the position of the no 1 switch?
I put mine in the center / slightly offset to the center of the hob.
weikee
post Mar 29 2014, 09:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(soR @ Mar 29 2014, 09:25 AM)
The hood?
Sorry typo error. Yes hood. Actually you don't need a socket just wires. And the on/off switch is at the lighting switch there.
weikee
post Apr 5 2014, 11:22 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(monkey9926 @ Apr 4 2014, 03:34 PM)
anyone given u feedback?
Didn't use before. You you need more info try JF Home at Usj 9, XamMax, or iamsobloodysick forumer.
weikee
post Apr 27 2014, 07:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(garykam @ Apr 27 2014, 01:11 PM)
she said cooking sure got smoke come out, but use induction cooler, the smoke is not oily. She said if we use hob to cook, the oily smoke is come from the gas. I not sure whether is bullshit or wat  icon_question.gif
Whole lots of craps. So induction no need oil to fry? This company never fail to show their stupidity. Not the first time I heard nonsense claim by this brand saleman/women.
weikee
post Apr 27 2014, 07:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(bluishblueblack @ Apr 27 2014, 06:36 PM)
No offense. Maybe you should ask her to demo fried chicken using induction and ask her to walk barefoot on her kitchen floor after that.
Cooler as per class by sales. Maybe ask her put her hand on the fry pan.

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1514sec    0.19    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 12th August 2022 - 05:14 AM