Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to choose a good Cooker Hoods & Gas Hobs ?, Kitchen appliances hood / hob / oven

views

Sydneguy
post Dec 29 2013, 01:20 AM

Casual
383 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 27 2013, 11:04 PM)
I beg to differ, this is like saying all All aluminium mesh are not as good as Pyramid filter (in your comparison is Fotile). Have you tested out all other brand and model hoods that you don't carry?

I am using Fotile, and I have friend using Rinnai. They cook more frequent than me, and don't need to clean everyday. Some wiremesh are easy to clean, just burn and scrub the carbon away.

This is like saying membrane filter are not as good as some other type of filter. But 3M is one a good membrane filters.
I strongly agree with you
Sydneguy
post Dec 29 2013, 01:35 AM

Casual
383 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Dec 27 2013, 09:28 PM)
Kitchen HOOD

There are so many brands in the market, Electrolux, Elba, Rubine, Tuscani, Faber, Teka, Fotile, Whirlpool, Rinnai, Cornell, Bosch, Tellini, Lebenstill, Leben, Fujioh, Ikka, Pacific, Pacifica, Vees and many more. So which one of them is the best? Here is a discussion after reading and doing your own research, you decide which is the best.

Most end users will think that a good hood is a hood with strong suction power but that is not 100% true.
A good kitchen hood should have :
1) A good filter system with oil cup
2) Easy to clean & maintain
3) Reasonable strong suction power (1000m3/h and above)
4) Low noise level

1) A good filter system with oil cup

user posted image

Here is a comparison between aluminum mesh filters vs pyramid shape filters

I will update more info everyday, do not have time to explain everything in one day.
The test you int he video is actually quite stupid and very misleading.

1) To put a mesh filter in a Hood NOT DESIGNED for a mesh filter is not a fair test.

2) You only put a single mes filter in the Centre of the Pyramid Hood, BUT most Mesh fliter style hoods have 2 or 3 or even 4 mesh filter hoods. IE 2 or 3 or 4 times the surface suction area. In which case there would not be the reduction in airflow that you claim.

3) Its a pedantic point, but what you claim is smoke is actually Steam NOT Smoke.

In my experience there are good and bad of both hood styles.

a) A mesh Filter will provide a much superior removal of oil from the air stream (very important if you have recirculating hood)

For Mesh Style, Yes you have to clean the mesh filters, but it is usually only required max 1 time per month and is easily achieved by soaking in hot water with dish washing detergent for 20-30 mins. The oil residue simply melts and is dispersed by the detergent.

I well designed Mesh filter will have equal air flow to a pyramid style hood.

b) Pyramid style hood will have inferior oil separation, so can be used as re-circulation model and if used in ducted venting mode you end up with a lot of oil residue in you ducts which is very hard or nearly impossible to clean.

Cheers

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1187sec    0.23    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th August 2022 - 08:56 AM