Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to choose a good Cooker Hoods & Gas Hobs ?, Kitchen appliances hood / hob / oven

views

Doraemon11
post Mar 10 2014, 11:11 AM

On my way
530 posts

I need HELP from all sifu here plssss!!

refer my pic ... my oven just allocate at the bottom of the hod gas pipe.
The gas man told me i cant allocate this way as the oven heat will melt the gas pipe ... very dangerous. shocking.gif
Is what he said true??
however i ady did all the kitchen cabinet cry.gif

Any solution for me??
do u kno any radiating material which i can use it as divider to avoid the pipe directly sense the heat from oven??
Do have any extra durable gas pipe can stand for high heat??? hmm.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Doraemon11: Mar 10 2014, 11:12 AM
Doraemon11
post Mar 10 2014, 12:47 PM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Mar 10 2014, 11:40 AM)
Can't recall how the build in over design, if the heat are ventilated on the rear, the heat can harden the gas hose.

I saw you have a plug point where your gas tank locate, isn't it dangerous? imagine gas leak and your plug point spark..
sigh.... cry.gif

i believe there are ppl installation as the same way oso... some may just exactly the bottom of the hob like below.
No worry on heating up the gas hose?? tongue.gif

Attached Image
Doraemon11
post Mar 10 2014, 06:38 PM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Mar 10 2014, 05:51 PM)
I got customer install that way as well, so far no problem. Try turning on the oven then lift up the hob and feel the temperature inside of the cabinet. I bliv it wont b too hot as the hot air is blown infront of the oven not rear, if it is too hot wont the wire of the oven melt as well? If really hot, may b use insulation like air con to protect it

Is the plug for the oven? it looks like a 13amp plug while most ovens require 15amp
Thanks so much zheilwane notworthy.gif
about the plug i will look into it later... thank for reminder
My bro teach me use aluminum foil to cover up the open area there to isolate it.. does this work?
Doraemon11
post Mar 10 2014, 06:42 PM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Mar 10 2014, 06:26 PM)
Got customer install that way doesn't mean is safe.
agree oso... sweat.gif
Doraemon11
post Mar 11 2014, 11:38 AM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Mar 10 2014, 09:43 PM)
well i didnt say it is safe bt jus to mention some1 did it before and still no issue after several years. Thatz y i ask u to use ur oven and feel the heat inside of the cabinet, from what i know it should b very hot or else the wire of your oven will melt as mentioned.
yes yes yes..
this exactly what i tell my hubby too
said the hose might melt... if so the wire not melt to danger meh?? some more most ppl allocate the plug just behind the oven... apa cakap? tongue.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1028sec    0.64    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:34 PM