Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

TSblurjoey
post Apr 9 2019, 01:56 PM, updated 5d ago

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

Welcome to LYN Dashcam Discussion V2!

Here is V1: Link

What dashcam should I get?

Budget - BlueSkySea B1W, Viofo A119 series, Viofo A129 series, etc

Premium - Korean dashcams like Thinkware, Blackvue, etc

The above is capacitor based dashcams. I rarely will recommend battery based dashcams. Please read below.

Lithium Batteries VS Capacitors

Capacitors are preferred to be used in hot countries like in Malaysia as they are more resistant to heat and have a longer lifespan than lithium batteries.

They are also more expensive to implement. Capacitors lose its stored charge over time, after a few days it can completely drain, resetting all settings like the time and date. As well the battery life is measured in seconds, not minutes.

Batteries are cheaper to implement. They can hold a larger charge, around 5-10X more than capacitors which allows you to use your dashcam like an action cam.

Batteries have the worse reliability and many manufacturers will use low-quality batteries which fail sooner. Depending on the battery, it may swell or leak or worst case scenario - explodes.

Most China dashcams are using batteries inside.

Micro SD cards

Attached Image Attached Image

The most tried and tested card is the Samsung Evo Plus (not the Evo+ as it is an older version)(Evo Select is actually an Evo Plus). Write speed varies on the card size: 32GB is 20MB/s write speed, 64GB is 60MB/s write speed and 128GB & above is 90MB/s write speed.

The new Sandisk Ultra A1 doesn't have the sudden death issue of the Sandisk Ultra.

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

High Endurance cards - Samsung Pro Endurance, Transcend High Endurance, Kingston Endurance (announced 1st April 2019), Sandisk High Endurance (2019 version).

But do take note that some dashcams are very sensitive and may have an error when used with a slow write speed of micro SD cards.

Parking Mode

Batteries Packs

Where to install?

If you're the DIY type you can always follow some Youtube videos like the ones below and DIY. There are tons of installations videos on Youtube.

This is the easiest that I've used when I first installed my dashcam.

This will require some technical skills as there is a need to do hardwiring and cabling to the rear for the rear cam.

Or you can bring to a car accessories shop that you trust and get them to install for you.

Below are some authorized distributors/sellers/installers:

EA Autoworks - authorized Thinkware & Viofo seller & installer in Bukit Jalil. They are also selling iRoad dashcams if not mistaken.

WorldTech Auto Accessories - authorized Thinkware seller & installer in Penang.

Sicurez - authorized Thinkware & Viofo distributor & seller in Malaysia. They also install dashcams in their premium store in Sunway.

Blackvue MY - brought in by Zhapalang Motorsport

iRoad MY - authorized iRoad distributor & seller in Malaysia.

Dashcam reviews & more info can be found in: JWTech Reviews | LYN Reviews & Guides | CarCamCentral | Dashcamtalk forum

~Work in progress~

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Nov 8 2019, 11:37 AM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 9 2019, 02:00 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

Let me know if there is any info to add to the first post.

Thank you!
josh5671
post Apr 9 2019, 02:40 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

Good to know. Iroad have Malaysia fb... I going complain kao2 android pie can't use...
TSblurjoey
post Apr 9 2019, 02:42 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 9 2019, 02:40 PM)
Good to know. Iroad have Malaysia fb... I going complain kao2 android pie can't use...
sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif

iRoad KR came in directly to Malaysia
Winter@7
post Apr 9 2019, 05:21 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

Have myself install with Iroad X9 and notice overall is not as clear as we seen from youtube footage. The video quality is not so clear as well and you can feel there is blurry on the video. I didn't notice much improvement on the video compares to my 2 years ago old Transcend dash cam video quality.

Another issue that I found is the windscreen reflection is too much for front and rear camera. I am wondering where can get the Polarizing filter to add-on the camera lens. Haha...this is my personal opinion.

I decide to take Iroad is due to the weather here in Malaysia is always too hot, and from review, Iroad has no problem on the heat. that's the reason there is a lot of Singaporean is using Iroad Dash Cam. Other than that is the Dash Cam stability.

But I truly disappointed for spending about RM13XX to get such low-quality video. My opinion is very personal. Just see any of Iroad X9 user here can share your thought too....

P/S: don't ever trust the youtube footage that all look very clear on the image and good color. When you see clearly, it is like totally no windscreen reflection at all too.

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 9 2019, 05:23 PM
VeeJay
post Apr 9 2019, 05:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,585 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 9 2019, 02:00 PM)
Let me know if there is any info to add to the first post.

Thank you!
Thanks for V2 mate....btw...just wondering what happened to the "Track this thread/topic" subscription button?! hmmm
KIntos
post Apr 9 2019, 08:49 PM

Regular
1,119 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 9 2019, 05:21 PM)
Have myself install with Iroad X9 and notice overall is not as clear as we seen from youtube footage. The video quality is not so clear as well and you can feel there is blurry on the video. I didn't notice much improvement on the video compares to my 2 years ago old Transcend dash cam video quality.

Another issue that I found is the windscreen reflection is too much for front and rear camera. I am wondering where can get the Polarizing filter to add-on the camera lens. Haha...this is my personal opinion.

I decide to take Iroad is due to the weather here in Malaysia is always too hot, and from review, Iroad has no problem on the heat. that's the reason there is a lot of Singaporean is using Iroad Dash Cam. Other than that is the Dash Cam stability.

But I truly disappointed for spending about RM13XX to get such low-quality video. My opinion is very personal. Just see any of Iroad X9 user here can share your thought too....

P/S: don't ever trust the youtube footage that all look very clear on the image and good color.  When you see clearly, it is like totally no windscreen reflection at all too.
You have to consider the tint film factor. Tint film is the one giving reflection.
cute_boboi
post Apr 9 2019, 09:29 PM

° 忍 °
6,290 posts

P/S: don't ever trust the youtube footage that all look very clear on the image and good color.  When you see clearly, it is like totally no windscreen reflection at all too.
1) you have to place the device with camera lens as close to the windscreen to prevent/reduce reflection. If you hang at rear view mirror there maybe big gap >1cm. I use suction cup on windscreen and the lens is <1cm to the windscreen.

2) check your model if it has polarized / filter add-on. e.g. my viofo A119 has CPL Filter add-on option.
icon_rolleyes.gif
voncrane
post Apr 9 2019, 10:21 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

Reverse parking in legendary thread.. smile.gif
Winter@7
post Apr 10 2019, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(cute_boboi @ Apr 9 2019, 09:29 PM)
1) you have to place the device with camera lens as close to the windscreen to prevent/reduce reflection. If you hang at rear view mirror there maybe big gap >1cm. I use suction cup on windscreen and the lens is <1cm to the windscreen.

2) check your model if it has polarized / filter add-on. e.g. my viofo A119 has CPL Filter add-on option.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I can't do anything with the camera distance as it is fix and unable to adjust. It is using double sided tape and is with a fixed base as well. No choice lor...haha.
Polarized lens should able to solve the issue, but so far I can see there is for blackvue model. After use for a while sure will don't have any feeling anymore. tongue.gif

TSblurjoey
post Apr 10 2019, 09:52 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

Not sure if you can get this or other CPL filters from Aliexpress and mod to your X9. CPL filter can help reduce the reflections a bit.

https://www.edr-auto.fr/shop/en/28-filtres-polarisants

But do be careful as iRoad is known to have issues like lens out of focus, lens blur and wifi dongle burnt. Last time they have a recall for their previous models before.

Youtube actually lowers the video quality from the original video after upload laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Actually, you paid rm1k+++ for full-featured Korean dashcam not just for the video quality.

There is saying that goes "A Higher Price ≠ Better Video Quality" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Now Thinkware is more hot selling in Singapore. Before was Blackvue and iRoad.

Winter@7
post Apr 10 2019, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 10 2019, 09:52 AM)
Not sure if you can get this or other CPL filters from Aliexpress and mod to your X9. CPL filter can help reduce the reflections a bit.

https://www.edr-auto.fr/shop/en/28-filtres-polarisants

But do be careful as iRoad is known to have issues like lens out of focus, lens blur and wifi dongle burnt. Last time they have a recall for their previous models before.

Youtube actually lowers the video quality from the original video after upload laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Actually, you paid rm1k+++ for full-featured Korean dashcam not just for the video quality.

There is saying that goes "A Higher Price ≠ Better Video Quality" laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Now Thinkware is more hot selling in Singapore. Before was Blackvue and iRoad.
No choice, since already get it and then use it until it can't work anymore. If there is a Polarized lens can be found, will be consider to trying on it. hmm.gif

I mean when I see from youtube footage showing the video shoot using X9 is superb clear. But the reality is so so to me. No surprised for the money I spend.
Now just hope the overall built is tahan lasak and can tahan the sunlight heat. My previous cam can auto off if too hot or memory card will suddenly can't read as well. Maybe cannot tahan too hot. vmad.gif

Everyone also assumes higher price and expectations for a higher video quality, otherwise why we have to pay more right? whistling.gif
Agree Blackvue and Thinkware is in the trend now, and also Marbella? cool2.gif

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 10 2019, 04:52 PM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 10 2019, 08:37 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 10 2019, 04:48 PM)
No choice, since already get it and then use it until it can't work anymore. If there is a Polarized lens can be found, will be consider to trying on it.  hmm.gif

I mean when I see from youtube footage showing the video shoot using X9 is superb clear. But the reality is so so to me. No surprised for the money I spend.
Now just hope the overall built is tahan lasak and can tahan the sunlight heat. My previous cam can auto off if too hot or memory card will suddenly can't read as well. Maybe cannot tahan too hot.  vmad.gif

Everyone also assumes higher price and expectations for a higher video quality, otherwise why we have to pay more right?  whistling.gif
Agree Blackvue and Thinkware is in the trend now, and also Marbella?  cool2.gif
Cause all Korean dashcam is using capacitors instead of batteries since more than 3+++ years ago... That's why capacitor can resist heat better than a battery.

Marbella used to be famous but now no more.

I'm using Thinkware F800 Pro in my car. Bought it for around rm2.6k with 64GB micro SD card when first launched in Malaysia. Even though the video quality not as great for those with higher bit rates. But for the true parking mode, ADAS and other features it's worth it.

I'm on the waiting list for the Thinkware Q800 Pro which is coming this month hopefully laugh.gif
josh5671
post Apr 11 2019, 12:21 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 10 2019, 08:37 PM)
Cause all Korean dashcam is using capacitors instead of batteries since more than 3+++ years ago... That's why capacitor can resist heat better than a battery.

Marbella used to be famous but now no more.

I'm using Thinkware F800 Pro in my car. Bought it for around rm2.6k with 64GB micro SD card when first launched in Malaysia. Even though the video quality not as great for those with higher bit rates. But for the true parking mode, ADAS and other features it's worth it.

I'm on the waiting list for the Thinkware Q800 Pro which is coming this month hopefully laugh.gif
Feedback for Android pie /9 issue on iroad app.

Turn off data then connect iroad wifi then it work like charm... LoL
soyusa
post Apr 11 2019, 02:34 PM

On my way
529 posts

Hurray... congrats on new thread "LYN DashCam Discussion V2". smile.gif
TSblurjoey
post Apr 11 2019, 02:35 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 11 2019, 12:21 PM)
Feedback for Android pie /9 issue on iroad app.

Turn off data then connect iroad wifi then it work like charm... LoL
Sounds more like a temporary fix than a permanent fix...
josh5671
post Apr 11 2019, 07:00 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 11 2019, 02:35 PM)
Sounds more like a temporary fix than a permanent fix...
yep. temporary fix better then not working at all.
at least turn off data can access the dashcam...
TSblurjoey
post Apr 11 2019, 09:36 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 11 2019, 07:00 PM)
yep. temporary fix better then not working at all.
at least turn off data can access the dashcam...
I think is a Huawei issue. I heard got another brand of dashcam also got issues connecting.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 11 2019, 10:06 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

Viofo got new dashcams coming soon...

A129 Duo IR

A119 V3 with 1600P resolution using Sony Starvis sensor. New WK1 & WM1.
Attached Image

WK1
Attached Image
Pugbunny
post Apr 11 2019, 11:03 PM

On my way
604 posts

Hi, I am thinking to install 70mai Pro for the front screen and 70mai for the rear.

Is it OK for install 70mai as a rear cam?

user posted image
TSblurjoey
post Apr 12 2019, 07:52 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Pugbunny @ Apr 11 2019, 11:03 PM)
Hi, I am thinking to install 70mai Pro for the front screen and 70mai for the rear.

user posted image
Should be ok. Only need to worry about the length of the cable to the rear.
Pugbunny
post Apr 12 2019, 07:56 AM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 12 2019, 07:52 AM)
Should be ok. Only need to worry about the length of the cable to the rear.
Oh ya, forgot about the cable length. I will check it out. Thanks
Chrix
post Apr 12 2019, 08:50 AM

Enthusiast
866 posts

QUOTE(Pugbunny @ Apr 12 2019, 07:56 AM)
Oh ya, forgot about the cable length. I will check it out. Thanks
Suggest tapping into a power source at the rear rather than run the cable to front no?
widget
post Apr 12 2019, 12:06 PM

Regular
1,147 posts

Some vehicle like SUV or newer cars have cigarette port socket at the rear or the boot
ckweng
post Apr 12 2019, 02:05 PM

Craft beers for life!
1,612 posts

user posted image
I have the exact set up: 70mai pro for the front, and 70mai for the rear. So far both works fine for me and image quality on both are pretty decent (pro better than non-pro of course). The 70mai at the rear is connected to a power port below the arm rest/compartment between the front seats on my Honda City, given that the stock cable is only long enough to reach there.

Pretty convenient to manage both dashcams through the 70mai mobile app too.
josh5671
post Apr 12 2019, 03:02 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(ckweng @ Apr 12 2019, 02:05 PM)
I have the exact set up: 70mai pro for the front, and 70mai for the rear. So far both works fine for me and image quality on both are pretty decent (pro better than non-pro of course). The 70mai at the rear is connected to a power port below the arm rest/compartment between the front seats on my Honda City, given that the stock cable is only long enough to reach there.

Pretty convenient to manage both dashcams through the 70mai mobile app too.
Genius way...
I will try look on how this two video quality.
Because my iroad just soso..

Plan future suv install other brand dashcam..
TSblurjoey
post Apr 12 2019, 04:16 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 12 2019, 03:02 PM)
Genius way...
I will try look on how this two video quality.
Because my iroad just soso..

Plan future suv install other brand dashcam..
Can go with Viofo A129 Duo also. Using supercapacitor.

Pugbunny
post Apr 12 2019, 04:42 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 12 2019, 04:16 PM)
Does the Viofo A129 Duo front camera heavy? It looks bulky to me
TSblurjoey
post Apr 12 2019, 04:47 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Pugbunny @ Apr 12 2019, 04:42 PM)
Does the Viofo A129 Duo front camera heavy? It looks bulky to me
A129 vs 70mai Pro

Attached Image

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 12 2019, 07:40 PM
josh5671
post Apr 12 2019, 04:51 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 12 2019, 04:16 PM)
Spec wise look good too.

What avg price in malaysia?
Support app control or 100% control on dashcam only?
TSblurjoey
post Apr 12 2019, 04:53 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 12 2019, 04:51 PM)
Spec wise look good too.

What avg price in malaysia?
Support app control or 100% control on dashcam only?
It's the most recommended dual dashcam of 2019 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Got both app control and control on the dashcam.

Official set is rm799 from authorized distributor with 1 year 1on1 exchange warranty.

Online with 0 or 6 months warranty can get rm500-600.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 12 2019, 04:54 PM
josh5671
post Apr 12 2019, 05:26 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 12 2019, 04:53 PM)
It's the most recommended dual dashcam of 2019 laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Official set is rm799 from authorized distributor with 1 year 1on1 exchange warranty.

LOL.. I can get two of this compare to iroad I using now.

ajaibman
post Apr 12 2019, 05:44 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

user posted image
I am using it for my bike cam, not bad and it water resistant apparently hahha..

user posted image

user posted image

Daytime

Nightime

Disclaimer: the video quality is edited to lower res, due to upload to the net purposes, originally was 1080p with 30mhz refresh rate.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 12 2019, 06:11 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 12 2019, 05:26 PM)
LOL.. I can get two of this compare to iroad I using now.
Actually iRoad is higher range as under Korean dashcam range 🤣

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 12 2019, 06:14 PM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 12 2019, 06:12 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ Apr 12 2019, 05:44 PM)
I am using it for my bike cam, not bad and it water resistant apparently hahha..

user posted image

user posted image

Daytime

Nightime

Disclaimer: the video quality is edited to lower res, due to upload to the net purposes, originally was 1080p with 30mhz refresh rate.
That's cool.

But do be careful as I don't think it's waterproof though 😅

AmeiN
post Apr 12 2019, 06:14 PM

★★★★★★★
4,682 posts

My viofo A119 acting quite weird these few days. will taken out and reset this weekend, hopefully nothing serious. biggrin.gif
josh5671
post Apr 12 2019, 07:11 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 12 2019, 06:11 PM)
Actually iRoad is higher range as under Korean dashcam range 🤣
i know that...iroad more highend product, < from quality perpective ?
but from video quality its not lol
TSblurjoey
post Apr 12 2019, 07:22 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 12 2019, 07:11 PM)
I think you just got a bad X9. Hahaha...
josh5671
post Apr 12 2019, 07:37 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 12 2019, 07:22 PM)
I think you just got a bad X9. Hahaha...
its not count as bad la..it much much much better then 200+- rear mirror+dashcam.

but still a bit weird quality compare to my phone front cam....
TSblurjoey
post Apr 12 2019, 07:42 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 12 2019, 07:37 PM)
its not count as bad la..it much much much better then 200+- rear mirror+dashcam.

but still a bit weird quality compare to my phone front cam....
Of course your phone cam is much better than your dashcam.

Have to see the specs. What lens? What sensor? How many MP? etc...

Cannot compare phone cam with dashcam.
Pugbunny
post Apr 12 2019, 10:12 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 12 2019, 04:47 PM)
A129 vs 70mai Pro

Attached Image
Thanks, will check it out
Pugbunny
post Apr 12 2019, 10:14 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 12 2019, 04:53 PM)
It's the most recommended dual dashcam of 2019 laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

May I know where to buy this from the distributor? Looking a place to install too if got.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 12 2019, 11:35 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Pugbunny @ Apr 12 2019, 10:14 PM)
May I know where to buy this from the distributor? Looking a place to install too if got.
Siicurez is the distributor in Sunway. Got installations too.
Pugbunny
post Apr 12 2019, 11:38 PM

On my way
604 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 12 2019, 11:35 PM)
Siicurez is the distributor in Sunway. Got installations too.
Oh thanks, Thinkware dash cam seller too
ajaibman
post Apr 13 2019, 01:38 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 12 2019, 06:12 PM)
That's cool.

But do be careful as I don't think it's waterproof though 😅
Standby condom packet at my bike,

aside from that, ome time got caught on heavy downpour and no place to take shelter... the 70mai was wet however still functioning as normal... perhaps was just lucky hahaa
Quazacolt
post Apr 13 2019, 04:06 AM

Riding couple
4,882 posts

and 70mai for the rear.

Winter@7
post Apr 13 2019, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

Any idea to completely remove the sticky from Dash Cam double sided Mounting Pad on windscreen? I try to remove my old dash cam and the sticky still there. I had try using WD40 and Sticker removal chemical but yet still there. Please share if any of taikor her have better way. Thanks!!
Winter@7
post Apr 13 2019, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 12 2019, 07:11 PM)
I agree with you. The video is just so so and I feel few hundred dash cam can do better.
I feel i been cheat from review the iroad footage. bruce.gif
josh5671
post Apr 13 2019, 03:45 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 13 2019, 03:42 PM)
I agree with you. The video is just so so and I feel few hundred dash cam can do better.
I feel i been cheat from review the iroad footage.  bruce.gif
LOL.. I didn't expect can get 100% from their footage as mostly was fake record by dslr or super high end vcam
Just like phone cam advertisements...

But honestly. Feel like x9 it just sub par based on its price.

Quazacolt
post Apr 13 2019, 03:45 PM

Riding couple
4,882 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 13 2019, 03:35 PM)
Any idea to completely remove the sticky from Dash Cam double sided Mounting Pad on windscreen? I try to remove my old dash cam and the sticky still there. I had try using WD40 and Sticker removal chemical but yet still there. Please share if any of taikor her have better way. Thanks!!
Goo gone from Ace hardware and if still can't, get dental floss mix with goo gone
cucubud
post Apr 13 2019, 04:36 PM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 13 2019, 03:35 PM)
I use thinner to remove those gum from the road tax sticker that stuck onto the windscreen.

Winter@7
post Apr 13 2019, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 13 2019, 04:36 PM)
I use thinner to remove those gum from the road tax sticker that stuck onto the windscreen.
Thinner will damage the tint?
Winter@7
post Apr 13 2019, 05:26 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 13 2019, 03:45 PM)
LOL.. I didn't expect can get 100% from their footage as mostly was fake record by dslr or super high end vcam
Just like phone cam advertisements...

But honestly. Feel like x9 it just sub par based on its price.
I never expect it will be exactly like the footage, but at least 70% shall be good. However it is not. Haha.. tongue.gif
Just hope it will be more stable and reliable. My previous dash cam always hang, shut down or the memory card will show error after long time drive. bangwall.gif
Chrix
post Apr 13 2019, 06:11 PM

Enthusiast
866 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 13 2019, 05:24 PM)
Paint thinner will damage your tint. It's used to remove tint haha
cucubud
post Apr 13 2019, 06:58 PM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

My tint is ok with the thinner.
Winter@7
post Apr 13 2019, 09:17 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 13 2019, 03:45 PM)
Goo gone from Ace hardware and if still can't, get dental floss mix with goo gone
By the way, how dental floss apply?
Quazacolt
post Apr 13 2019, 10:16 PM

Riding couple
4,882 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 13 2019, 09:17 PM)
By the way, how dental floss apply?
Treat it like a cutter in between the tint and tape
TSblurjoey
post Apr 15 2019, 09:46 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 13 2019, 04:06 AM)

Toyota GT86 drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif
TSblurjoey
post Apr 15 2019, 10:07 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 13 2019, 05:26 PM)
I never expect it will be exactly like the footage, but at least 70% shall be good. However it is not. Haha..  tongue.gif
Just hope it will be more stable and reliable. My previous dash cam always hang, shut down or the memory card will show error after long time drive.  bangwall.gif
Must get raw video files to see the actual quality.

Upload to Youtube usually the video is degraded a bit in video quality.

Better consider a dashcam that is durable in the heat. The micro SD card also need to consider a better card. As these 2 things that is working the most when recording.
josh5671
post Apr 15 2019, 10:09 AM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 13 2019, 05:26 PM)
I never expect it will be exactly like the footage, but at least 70% shall be good. However it is not. Haha..  tongue.gif
Just hope it will be more stable and reliable. My previous dash cam always hang, shut down or the memory card will show error after long time drive.  bangwall.gif
LOL. At least x9 won't suck on hang or shutdown...
TSblurjoey
post Apr 15 2019, 10:11 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

Some tints might not withstand thinner. Might get damaged.

Another way is to heat the tape mount with a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the glue first so can easily pull off the windscreen. Parking in the hot sun for a few hours also does the same.

After that use clear acrylic double sided tape to mount. Strong and easier to peel off.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 15 2019, 10:13 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 15 2019, 10:09 AM)
LOL. At least x9 won't suck on hang or shutdown...
Like all Korean dashcam, X9 is using super capacitor which can withstand heat better than those dashcam using batteries.

josh5671
post Apr 15 2019, 10:27 AM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 15 2019, 10:13 AM)
Like all Korean dashcam, X9 is using super capacitor which can withstand heat better than those dashcam using batteries.
It survive much much higher temp. Specially my car almost everyday park under parking lot with direct sun light.

It worth by itself if happen one time accident / hit and run.
Then can change to other brand lol
Winter@7
post Apr 15 2019, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 15 2019, 10:11 AM)
Some tints might not withstand thinner. Might get damaged.

Another way is to heat the tape mount with a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the glue first so can easily pull off the windscreen. Parking in the hot sun for a few hours also does the same.

After that use clear acrylic double sided tape to mount. Strong and easier to peel off.
I had completely remove the double sided tape from the windscreen. the problem I facing now is the sticky mark still on the windscreen. I am trying many ways to get rid of it as I see liao I beh song. Haha...
Maybe get some petrol to wipe it off. Not sure if it works or damages the tint.

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 15 2019, 10:45 AM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 15 2019, 11:11 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 15 2019, 10:44 AM)
I had completely remove the double sided tape from the windscreen. the problem I facing now is the sticky mark still on the windscreen. I am trying many ways to get rid of it as I see liao I beh song. Haha...
How about alchohol wipe? Or Googone?

I know some essential oil does the trick also like WD40. So does hand sanitizer gel espcecially those from hospital. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 15 2019, 11:16 AM
ckweng
post Apr 15 2019, 11:18 AM

Craft beers for life!
1,612 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 15 2019, 10:44 AM)
Possible to try using any adhesive tape to stick-and-peel repeatedly, especially after your car has been out under the sun for some time (when windscreen is hot)?
Winter@7
post Apr 15 2019, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 15 2019, 11:11 AM)
How about alchohol wipe? Or Googone?

I know some essential oil does the trick also like WD40. So does hand sanitizer gel espcecially those from hospital. laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
So, maybe I have to try to get some petrol today. Petrol should not as sharp as Thinner (I guess). You sure Sanitizer gel help? My house should got the dettol 1.

QUOTE(ckweng @ Apr 15 2019, 11:18 AM)
Possible to try using any adhesive tape to stick-and-peel repeatedly, especially after your car has been out under the sun for some time (when windscreen is hot)?
Nothing to peel now. Is only left the adhesive mark. I try to snap some photo later.

TSblurjoey
post Apr 15 2019, 11:46 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 15 2019, 11:37 AM)
So, maybe I have to try to get some petrol today. Petrol should not as sharp as Thinner (I guess). You sure Sanitizer gel help? My house should got the dettol 1.
Nothing to peel now. Is only left the adhesive mark. I try to snap some photo later.
I got a bottle the same type hospital use. Can remove sticky residue but need to rub a bit.
Winter@7
post Apr 15 2019, 06:13 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 15 2019, 11:37 AM)
Here is the sticky mark that I refering to. Tak tahan when I see that. Have to get rid of it. Tonight will try nail polish alchohol and sanitizer gel.

user posted image
Quazacolt
post Apr 15 2019, 11:54 PM

Riding couple
4,882 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 15 2019, 06:13 PM)
Here is the sticky mark that I refering to. Tak tahan when I see that. Have to get rid of it. Tonight will try nail polish alchohol and sanitizer gel.

user posted image
Tried goo gone yet?
Quazacolt
post Apr 15 2019, 11:56 PM

Riding couple
4,882 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 15 2019, 09:46 AM)
Toyota GT86 drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif
As you can see, need 60fps tongue.gif
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 12:36 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 15 2019, 06:13 PM)

user posted image
Can try Meguiar's PlastX and polish it and see... Looks more like scratches?
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 12:36 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 15 2019, 11:56 PM)
As you can see, need 60fps tongue.gif
You need a GoPro more laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 10:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

i previously use xiaomi dashcam, around 200 bucks or something, installed myself on my previous car.

it was mounted directly onto the windscreen with the original 3m double side tape came together with the dashcam. After a couple of years, sold the car, trying hard to remove the mount, couldn't and it stick to the windscreen (with tint) too hard, so end up remove it forcefully and ended up leaving a hole on the tint.

After getting a new car, got myself a 3m double side tape from taobao, was trying to install it onto the new car that has windscreen too. fear of the same damage, i then use the roadtax sticker that is self adhesive to the windscreen as the middle layer in between the tint and the double side tape, but mana tau, it didn't work as great as applying it directly.

What solutions you guys can suggest me? i don't wanna leave a hole on the tint on the new car.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 10:39 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 10:20 AM)
i previously use xiaomi dashcam, around 200 bucks or something, installed myself on my previous car.

it was mounted directly onto the windscreen with the original 3m double side tape came together with the dashcam. After a couple of years, sold the car, trying hard to remove the mount, couldn't and it stick to the windscreen (with tint) too hard, so end up remove it forcefully and ended up leaving a hole on the tint.

After getting a new car, got myself a 3m double side tape from taobao, was trying to install it onto the new car that has windscreen too. fear of the same damage, i then use the roadtax sticker that is self adhesive to the windscreen as the middle layer in between the tint and the double side tape, but mana tau, it didn't work as great as applying it directly.

What solutions you guys can suggest me? i don't wanna leave a hole on the tint on the new car.
I'm using clear acrylic double sided tape. They are strong when stuck on but easy to remove just by pulling and stretching the clear acrylic.

Another is to use heat to soften the tape mount before pulling or twisting. Another is the flossing technique using a nylon string.
ckweng
post Apr 16 2019, 10:43 AM

Craft beers for life!
1,612 posts

Guys, I have a tried and tested DIY method to avoid sticking 3M double-sided tape directly on the windscreen.

Buy those cheap Fixate Gel pad and cut a piece out to the size of the dashcam mount and use it as a medium between the dashcam mount and your tinted windscreen. The Fixate Gel pads are very sticky and strong enough to hold the dashcam and its mount, and easy to remove without residue too.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 11:08 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(ckweng @ Apr 16 2019, 10:43 AM)
Guys, I have a tried and tested DIY method to avoid sticking 3M double-sided tape directly on the windscreen.

Buy those cheap Fixate Gel pad and cut a piece out to the size of the dashcam mount and use it as a medium between the dashcam mount and your tinted windscreen. The Fixate Gel pads are very sticky and strong enough to hold the dashcam and its mount, and easy to remove without residue too.
These?

https://www.lazada.com.my/fixate-gel-pads/
ckweng
post Apr 16 2019, 11:10 AM

Craft beers for life!
1,612 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:08 AM)
YES! biggrin.gif Works for my 70mai dashcam used at the rear windscreen.
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 11:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 10:39 AM)
I'm using clear acrylic double sided tape. They are strong when stuck on but easy to remove just by pulling and stretching the clear acrylic.

Another is to use heat to soften the tape mount before pulling or twisting. Another is the flossing technique using a nylon string.
what's an acrylic double sided tape? care to give some link to it so i can purchase directly? or the one that you're using.
Sticking it onto the windscreen (with tint) directly?

Noted on the few methods in removing the tape, will do it next time when i remove it.

QUOTE(ckweng @ Apr 16 2019, 10:43 AM)

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:08 AM)
Macam nice, can they just stick onto anything? or i can stick this in between the windscreen and the dashcam?
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 11:46 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 11:41 AM)
what's an acrylic double sided tape? care to give some link to it so i can purchase directly? or the one that you're using.
Sticking it onto the windscreen (with tint) directly?

Noted on the few methods in removing the tape, will do it next time when i remove it.
Macam nice, can they just stick onto anything? or i can stick this in between the windscreen and the dashcam?
I'm using these. Got 3M brand but too expensive as I used a lot for my reviews.

Attached Image
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 11:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:46 AM)

Attached Image
I see, then have to cut into the shapes that you want?
mine is a 35mm round shape. so probably will have to DIY into such size?
This type is very strong isn't it? won't it destroy the tint when you remove it later?
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 11:53 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 11:49 AM)
I see, then have to cut into the shapes that you want?
mine is a 35mm round shape. so probably will have to DIY into such size?
This type is very strong isn't it? won't it destroy the tint when you remove it later?
Yes DIY cut to the shape you want.

These are easy to remove without sticky residue or tint byebye. Even easier if it heated like parked in the sun for a few hours.
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 12:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:53 AM)
Yes DIY cut to the shape you want.

These are easy to remove without sticky residue or tint byebye. Even easier if it heated like parked in the sun for a few hours.
noted, let me get some to test it out. thanks so much.

or should i try the fixate gel pad? hmm.gif
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 15 2019, 11:54 PM)
Tried goo gone yet?
I had try using Sticker Removal chemical that I bought from hardware shop last time, addition with glass cleaner, nail removal, and Dettol hand sanitizer. Look like damn Kiasu right?
I didn't get the Goo gone as I feel probably it will be similar to the sticker removal I use.

The result still visible, really don't have idea or maybe don't have a passion to work on it. When you rub with the chemical, the sticky will feel like melting, but it very fast will dry up. When it dry, the sticky will become hard and stay at the position again. Just worry the most I do, the position grow bigger. mad.gif ranting.gif vmad.gif

Will try to go to car detailing shop to see whether they can make it disappear. icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 16 2019, 12:09 PM
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 12:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 16 2019, 12:08 PM)
I had try using Sticker Removal chemical that I bought from hardware shop last time, addition with glass cleaner, nail removal, and Dettol hand sanitizer. Look like damn Kiasu right?
I didn't get the Goo gone as I feel probably it will be similar to the sticker removal I use.

The result still visible, really don't have idea or maybe don't have a passion to work on it. When you rub with the chemical, the sticky will feel like melting, but it very fast will dry up. When it dry, the sticky will become hard and stay at the position again. Just worry the most I do, the position grow bigger.  mad.gif  ranting.gif  vmad.gif

Will try to go to car detailing shop to see whether they can make it disappear.  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif

user posted image
whoa this is too much of effort liao. cannot leave it there?
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 12:12 PM)
whoa this is too much of effort liao. cannot leave it there?
Haha...damn TL liao. don't want to do liao. Leave it there lor. Or just go change front windscreen Tint saja senang. Waste my 1 week time to settle this shit. vmad.gif vmad.gif
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 12:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 16 2019, 12:17 PM)
Haha...damn TL liao. don't want to do liao. Leave it there lor. Or just go change front windscreen Tint saja senang. Waste my 1 week time to settle this shit.  vmad.gif  vmad.gif
maybe you got OCD, thats why cannot stand that thing being there.
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 12:26 PM)
maybe you got OCD, thats why cannot stand  that thing being there.
what is OCD?
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 12:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:46 AM)

Attached Image
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r...s=1&abbucket=11

i found this thing on taobao. not sure good or not, it is produced for such purpose too.

got 2 types, arcylic and those foam (black colour) type. not sure which one to go with though. any comment?
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 12:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 16 2019, 12:28 PM)
what is OCD?
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
you cannot stand things that are not in your controllable sight, etc.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 12:38 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 12:29 PM)
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r...s=1&abbucket=11

i found this thing on taobao. not sure good or not, it is produced for such purpose too.

got 2 types, arcylic and those foam (black colour) type. not sure which one to go with though. any comment?
That's the clear acrylic double sided tape by 3M
cucubud
post Apr 16 2019, 01:18 PM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

The result still visible, really don't have idea or maybe don't have a passion to work on it. When you rub with the chemical, the sticky will feel like melting, but it very fast will dry up. When it dry, the sticky will become hard and stay at the position again. Just worry the most I do, the position grow bigger.  mad.gif  ranting.gif  vmad.gif

Will try to go to car detailing shop to see whether they can make it disappear.  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif

user posted image
What tint film you have on your car that you are afraid to use thinner to clean the glue?
Maybe you ask the tinting shop whether you can use thinner on their tint film.
Pity you, spent so much still cannot get the glue out.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 01:46 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

user posted image
Want to try Meg's PlastX? If you're in Cheras area, I can give you some to try laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 02:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 12:38 PM)
That's the clear acrylic double sided tape by 3M
yeah, but just now sure if would work as intended.
Jessieccy
post Apr 16 2019, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

Are you guys talking about 3M residue?

I usually stick the 3M permanent double sided tape on to the "next service" window sticker. So if i need to replace windscreen or change car, i dont have to remove or worry about residue.

I cant use the clear tape because i park outside no roof. too hot cannot stick.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by Jessieccy: Apr 16 2019, 03:01 PM
Chrix
post Apr 16 2019, 03:02 PM

Enthusiast
866 posts

Another way is to get the suction cup mount. However there may be incompatibility in terms of the sizing of the dashcam's peg vs suction mount...but its noting that a hot glue gun cant solve. If your feeling DIY.

Plus side is u now have option to remove it at will with suction cup.

I've done the above for my B1W using my old ass suction mount from G1W days.

This post has been edited by Chrix: Apr 16 2019, 03:08 PM
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 04:41 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 12:30 PM)
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
you cannot stand things that are not in your controllable sight, etc.
I still can live with that. Not until OCD level yet. Just think to try it out and wanna make it back to perfect only. thumbup.gif

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 16 2019, 01:18 PM)
What tint film you have on your car that you are afraid to use thinner to clean the glue?
Maybe you ask the tinting shop whether you can use thinner on their tint film.
Pity you, spent so much still cannot get the glue out.
Yes, pity me to try out so many kinds of method. But all the chemical is left over previously. Not purposely go to buy that.
Just not sure the thinner will wash off the color of the tint. I know it might not damage the tint paper, but my concern is the coating. cool2.gif

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 01:46 PM)
Want to try Meg's PlastX? If you're in Cheras area, I can give you some to try laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Is ok Bro...we are too far away. No problem, keep on trying until it damage. tongue.gif
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 10:20 AM)

I think you can stick a pcs of transparent stickers like the road tax plastic sticker or next service plastic quality, or something like tint can cut to size maybe slightly bigger than the 3M tape area. Tape it nicely and it should work.
Otherwise you will end up like me seeking for help here or to think of way to getting rid of those sticky residue whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif
cucubud
post Apr 16 2019, 05:15 PM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ Apr 16 2019, 03:02 PM)
Another way is to get the suction cup mount. However there may be incompatibility in terms of the sizing of the dashcam's peg vs suction mount...but its noting that a hot glue gun cant solve. If your feeling DIY.

Plus side is u now have option to remove it at will with suction cup.

I've done the above for my B1W using my old ass suction mount from G1W days.
Will the suction damage the tint film (suck the tint film out of the windscreen)?

Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 05:29 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 16 2019, 05:15 PM)
Will the suction damage the tint film (suck the tint film out of the windscreen)?
My experience with suction cup is, it will not hold and easily get loose when it is under a hot sun for quite some time. Maybe due to the suction cup rubber turn harder.
No issue and will not damage the tint....

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 16 2019, 05:30 PM
cucubud
post Apr 16 2019, 06:34 PM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 16 2019, 05:29 PM)
My experience with suction cup is, it will not hold and easily get loose when it is under a hot sun for quite some time. Maybe due to the suction cup rubber turn harder.
No issue and will not damage the tint....
I thought it will create a few circles on the tint film due to the suction effect. Seen it on some cars.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 09:04 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 16 2019, 05:15 PM)
Suction mount will fall every few weeks. Faster if in the sun.

Suction mount does leave a mark too after long term use.

There is a circular plate that you can use with the suction mount but that plate is stuck on using mounting tape sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
Quazacolt
post Apr 17 2019, 03:20 AM

Riding couple
4,882 posts

Look like damn Kiasu right?

You haven't try yet to can feel it?

Then really kiasu until su Liao lo.
Quazacolt
post Apr 17 2019, 03:22 AM

Riding couple
4,882 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 16 2019, 06:34 PM)
I thought it will create a few circles on the tint film due to the suction effect. Seen it on some cars.
Mine got lol
So no thanks to suction for me
cucubud
post Apr 17 2019, 07:44 AM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 17 2019, 03:22 AM)
Mine got lol
So no thanks to suction for me
Sorry to hear that you are one of the victims.
I will also stay away from the suction cup.
Chrix
post Apr 17 2019, 08:24 AM

Enthusiast
866 posts

I think the best solution for you guys may wait for new technology which can levitate your dashcam in thin air, as to ensure your tint is in pristine condition.

sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif

Anyway, I guess you could look into rear view mirror mount, but compatibility may be even more of an issue. But later your rear view mirror plastic got marred pulak whistling.gif
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 10:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 16 2019, 04:47 PM)
I think you can stick a pcs of transparent stickers like the road tax plastic sticker or next service plastic quality, or something like tint can cut to size maybe slightly bigger than the 3M tape area. Tape it nicely and it should work.
Otherwise you will end up like me seeking for help here or to think of way to getting rid of those sticky residue  whistling.gif  whistling.gif  whistling.gif
for the past 3 months i use the cut road tax plastic sticker, but it didnt hold for long, 2nd attempt lagi worse, drop off in one day. maybe because i cut it only slightly bigger and the sticker doesn't get enough strength to hold it and dropped. Maybe I should try using the whole piece instead and see if this can do the trick. will keep you guys posted on this one.

tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 10:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

Actually I feel that dashcam should be pre-installed (factory fitted) in all cars for safety purposes.

They should make it as a guideline to have it as a per-requisite.

Anyway, a good dashcam is not gonna cost a bomb, factor into the selling price of the car and possibly loan cover major partial of it.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 10:25 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 17 2019, 10:09 AM)
Actually I feel that dashcam should be pre-installed (factory fitted) in all cars for safety purposes.

Anyway, a good dashcam is not gonna cost a bomb, factor into the selling price of the car and possibly loan cover major partial of it.
You mean like Toyota? No thank you. The dashcam is crap if you ask me laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It's a China made OEM dashcam.

I know Honda Malaysia is reviewing to sell dashcams with their cars.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 17 2019, 10:26 AM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 10:26 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

Some new toys arrived today from Taiwan

Attached Image
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 10:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 10:25 AM)
You mean like Toyota? No thank you. The dashcam is crap if you ask me laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

It's a China made OEM dashcam.

I know Honda Malaysia is reviewing to sell dashcams with their cars.
Toyota has one already?
I mean they should JV with those big name dashcam company to integrate it into their car as factory fitted cam.

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 10:26 AM)
Some new toys arrived today from Taiwan

Attached Image
wah nice, how much is the damage? front and back?
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 11:00 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 17 2019, 10:56 AM)
Toyota has one already?
I mean they should JV with those big name dashcam company to integrate it into their car as factory fitted cam.
wah nice, how much is the damage? front and back?
Yes, most all new Toyota models have dashcams even the new Vios & Yaris.

You think they will JV with good brand dashcam companies?

I know Mercedes is JV with Thinkware for their dashcams but not in Malaysia yet. BMW is JV with a Korean dashcam manufacturer but quality unknown.

The DrivePro 110 & HE card is review unit from Transcend Taiwan innocent.gif innocent.gif innocent.gif

josh5671
post Apr 17 2019, 11:00 AM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 17 2019, 10:09 AM)

If car price stay the same, they add decent entry to middle level. Yep customer agree.
No if they topup the overall price on top car price or price stay put shitty quality(can't even capture plate number)

josh5671
post Apr 17 2019, 11:02 AM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 11:00 AM)

I know Mercedes is JV with Thinkware for their dashcams but not in Malaysia yet. BMW is JV with a Korean dashcam manufacturer but quality unknown.

The DrivePro 110 & HE card is review unit from Transcend Taiwan innocent.gif  innocent.gif  innocent.gif
I have 64gb iroad card in the box, if me wanna upgrade 128gb.
What card I can get in malaysia?
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 11:13 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 17 2019, 11:02 AM)
Samsung Evo Plus 128GB as it has 90mb/s write speed.
josh5671
post Apr 17 2019, 11:16 AM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 11:13 AM)
Samsung Evo Plus 128GB as it has 90mb/s write speed.
Sub rm100 card. Not so exp.

Any alternative? Because evo plus not 'for recording'.

tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 11:00 AM)

The DrivePro 110 & HE card is review unit from Transcend Taiwan innocent.gif  innocent.gif  innocent.gif
How about leaving a dedicated spot for us to install the dashcam on our own? a USB port there, so we don't have to pull the whole wire down. haha
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 11:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 17 2019, 11:16 AM)

how about sandisk? those with high speed should be ok right? for full HD recording.
cucubud
post Apr 17 2019, 11:26 AM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 17 2019, 11:22 AM)
How about leaving a dedicated spot for us to install the dashcam on our own? a USB port there, so we don't have to pull the whole wire down. haha
Proton X70 has a USB port for your dashcam.
Toyota cars have factory fitted dashcam.

cucubud
post Apr 17 2019, 11:31 AM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

Why do you say that Evo Plus is not for recording?

When I Googled "micro sd cards for dashcam", I was surprised what was shown.

wkc5657
post Apr 17 2019, 11:34 AM

Casual
494 posts

Preferably, car makes should get things done like that. I believe it would be a common thing 5 years down the road as they see the proliferation of dashcams.

Neater, less clutter, less chances of wire failures, safer (especially those that need to route wires near air bags for rear cams).
josh5671
post Apr 17 2019, 11:41 AM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 17 2019, 11:26 AM)
There you go. X70 have port at middle front headlining.

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 17 2019, 11:31 AM)

By spec it was meet requirement for everything.
By their manufacturer its not for whole time recording (full write no read)

TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 12:02 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 17 2019, 11:23 AM)
how about sandisk? those with high speed should be ok right? for full HD recording.

Only High Endurance cards are for use in dashcam or surveillance cameras. But Sandisk High Endurance is only 20mb/s write speed. Some dashcams will get error using it. Others to consider Transcend High Endurance, Kingston Endurance and Samsung Pro Endurance. Kingston and Samsung have 90mb/s write speed. But HE cards are not cheap FYI.

Other cards will void warranty if used in dashcams.

Another to try is the new Sandisk Ultra A1 cards.

Anyway tested Samsung Evo Plus is the best and value for money to be used in dashcams eventhough void card warranty.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 17 2019, 12:06 PM
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 12:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 17 2019, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Apr 17 2019, 11:34 AM)
Preferably, car makes should get things done like that. I believe it would be a common thing 5 years down the road as they see the proliferation of dashcams.

Neater, less clutter, less chances of wire failures, safer (especially those that need to route wires near air bags for rear cams).
QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 17 2019, 11:41 AM)
There you go. X70 have port at middle front headlining.
By spec it was meet requirement for everything.
By their manufacturer its not for whole time recording (full write no read)
yeah, kudos to X70, that's a way forward. I think dashcam has became an essential instead nowadays, anything can happen on the road. if we have the evidence, they can't do much about it.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 12:04 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

Hahahaha... How I wish... Some cars do have USB ports... Anyway most SC will tell you install dashcam will void your car warranty. Only theirs won't void warranty.
josh5671
post Apr 17 2019, 12:06 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 12:02 PM)
Only High Endurance cards are for use in dashcam or surveillance cameras. But Sandisk High Endurance is only 20mb/s write speed. Some dashcams will get error using it. Others to consider Transcend High Endurance, Kingston Endurance and Samsung Pro Endurance. Kingston and Samsung have 90mb/s write speed. But HE cards are not cheap FYI.

Other cards will void warranty if used in dashcams.

Another to try is the new Sandisk Ultra A1 cards.
But not all HE card can get in malaysia right?... I only rarely see a white color HE card.. Can't recall what brand.
Toshiba I think.
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 12:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 12:04 PM)
Hahahaha... How I wish... Some cars do have USB ports... Anyway most SC will tell you install dashcam will void your car warranty. Only theirs won't void warranty.
TOLOLOL, plug and play = void warranty, those people, think they can really con people like that meh?

I am still keeping the video clip of my total loss vid, dare not review/rewind back to that incident, maybe 1 year anniversary mark i will open the vid and see it for myself for the first time.

cucubud
post Apr 17 2019, 12:29 PM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

LOL. What will they think of next, to void your car warranty. biggrin.gif

ckweng
post Apr 17 2019, 12:44 PM

Craft beers for life!
1,612 posts

The hardwire dashcam installation method may have a stronger case for SC to "void warranty", definitely not the USB plug-in method which is just like charging mobile phone in the car biggrin.gif
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 12:48 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 17 2019, 12:06 PM)
But not all HE card can get in malaysia right?... I only rarely see a white color HE card.. Can't recall what brand.
Toshiba I think.
Sandisk HE...

Others very rare in Malaysia market...
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 12:50 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 17 2019, 12:13 PM)
TOLOLOL, plug and play = void warranty, those people, think they can really con people like that meh?

I am still keeping the video clip of my total loss vid, dare not review/rewind back to that incident, maybe 1 year anniversary mark i will open the vid and see it for myself for the first time.
Not con. It's in your warranty booklet. Go read it 😂
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 12:51 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(ckweng @ Apr 17 2019, 12:44 PM)
The hardwire dashcam installation method may have a stronger case for SC to "void warranty", definitely not the USB plug-in method which is just like charging mobile phone in the car  biggrin.gif
My ciggie port spoilt and SC blamed the USB charger I used cause it. Cannot claim warranty. Have to pay to replace the ciggie port in my car.

Until now still using the same USB charger by Aukey.
ckweng
post Apr 17 2019, 12:57 PM

Craft beers for life!
1,612 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 12:51 PM)
My ciggie port spoilt and SC blamed the USB charger I used cause it. Cannot claim warranty. Have to pay to replace the ciggie port in my car.

Oops...3rd party charger can be blamed too. Hopefully my 70mai stock USB adapters are fine in the long run.
Winter@7
post Apr 17 2019, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 17 2019, 11:02 AM)
I am using 128GB Samsung Evo Plus in my X9. So far no issue yet. bought at RM9X @ Shopee. The other you can try is Sandisk Ultra A1.
High Endurace for sure is good, but you have to see the price.
Winter@7
post Apr 17 2019, 02:13 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

As long as no wire cut. If by the time anything goes wrong and require to claim from SC, then remove everything you install in accessories shop before you go for the claim. They have no reason can know what you did before.
wkc5657
post Apr 17 2019, 02:29 PM

Casual
494 posts

Guess they say because it is not a "dedicated" 12V socket, hence anything other than using it to light the ciggie will voild warranty....
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 02:35 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 17 2019, 02:09 PM)
I am using 128GB Samsung Evo Plus in my X9. So far no issue yet. bought at RM9X @ Shopee. The other you can try is Sandisk Ultra A1.
High Endurace for sure is good, but you have to see the price.
Still rm9x now...

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/samsung-...-s20157939.html

I usually buy mine from Mono Digital
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 02:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,203 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 12:50 PM)
Not con. It's in your warranty booklet. Go read it 😂
HAHA! never knew that! okla, then too bad lah, since it is an essential to use this dashcam in my opinion.
cucubud
post Apr 17 2019, 04:03 PM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

What is the problem with your ciggie port?
If no power, then most likely fuse blown.

cucubud
post Apr 17 2019, 04:03 PM

Super Moderator
3,047 posts

Double post tongue.gif

This post has been edited by cucubud: Apr 17 2019, 04:03 PM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 04:10 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 17 2019, 04:03 PM)
What is the problem with your ciggie port?
If no power, then most likely fuse blown.
No power. Checked and was not the fuse blown.

Replaced the insides and working d.
Winter@7
post Apr 17 2019, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

You should ask your SC is the car cigg port is for display only. Cannot use on certain charger? Stupid SC. bangwall.gif
Or SC should list out what brand can use what brand cannot use in user manual. It dosen't make sense at all.

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 17 2019, 04:27 PM
Quazacolt
post Apr 17 2019, 04:54 PM

Riding couple
4,882 posts

Because high amount of read/write, need specific micro SD that supports it.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 07:29 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 17 2019, 04:54 PM)
Because high amount of read/write, need specific micro SD that supports it.
Get MLC nand chip cards or High Endurance cards...
voncrane
post Apr 17 2019, 11:13 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

Reverse park...
TSblurjoey
post Apr 18 2019, 10:01 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 17 2019, 11:13 PM)
Reverse park...
Double park laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
widget
post Apr 18 2019, 10:17 AM

Regular
1,147 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 17 2019, 11:13 PM)
Reverse park...
What dashcam you have in mind bro?

voncrane
post Apr 18 2019, 01:36 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Apr 18 2019, 10:17 AM)
What dashcam you have in mind bro?
One of blurjoey's budget recommendations... Thing is.. I'm still torn between having a rearward facing cam or not.. Between "messing up" looks and dealing with how to hide the cables. Currently I'm using a shade and like having a clean look out the glass. How would a cam there affect it.. Will I lose the shade too? and if I must.. then means I have to find time to tint the car properly too.. But can't do that yet.. cuz you know....In the midst of having that resolved amicably now.. So can't mess until it's all over..
widget
post Apr 18 2019, 02:49 PM

Regular
1,147 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 18 2019, 01:36 PM)
....In the midst of having that resolved amicably now.. So can't mess until it's all over..
I understand your predicament bro. Best of luck on that issue.

I parallel park in this thread as am looking for a 2-channel dashcam to replace the mini 0906 which have been behaving erratically after the warranty period expired. bangwall.gif
Considering the Viofo A129 or Thinkware X700 as they both have LCD screen which I consider as quite helpful when the missus is on the steering wheel.
wkc5657
post Apr 18 2019, 07:52 PM

Casual
494 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 11 2019, 10:06 PM)
Viofo got new dashcams coming soon...

A119 V3 with 1600P resolution using Sony Starvis sensor.

any secret news about dual cam version of a119v3?
TSblurjoey
post Apr 18 2019, 09:08 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Apr 18 2019, 07:52 PM)
any secret news about dual cam version of a119v3?
Don't think A119 v3 will be dual. Their dual is the A129 Duo d.
voncrane
post Apr 18 2019, 10:55 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Apr 18 2019, 02:49 PM)
I understand your predicament bro. Best of luck on that issue.

I parallel park in this thread as am looking for a 2-channel dashcam to replace the mini 0906 which have been behaving erratically after the warranty period expired.  bangwall.gif
Considering the Viofo A129 or Thinkware X700 as they both have LCD screen which I consider as quite helpful when the missus is on the steering wheel.
At this time, Viofo would be the max I'd be willing to spend on cams.. Thinkware, etc level is just much for me to rationalize.

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 18 2019, 09:08 PM)
Don't think A119 v3 will be dual. Their dual is the A129 Duo d.
Wow.. There's a newer model coming.. It doesn't end huh.. What new goodies.. biggrin.gif
TSblurjoey
post Apr 19 2019, 09:46 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 18 2019, 10:55 PM)
At this time, Viofo would be the max I'd be willing to spend on cams.. Thinkware, etc level is just much for me to rationalize.
Wow.. There's a newer model coming.. It doesn't end huh.. What new goodies..  biggrin.gif
voncrane in post #19

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry92361790

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 19 2019, 09:48 AM
Johnnycartoon
post Apr 19 2019, 11:03 AM

Casual
332 posts

Hi, is there any1 using a dashcam with reverse camera type for 4x4 car like colorado?
Found something like Eagle Eye, not sure if quality is ok.
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/car-vide...JjpySo&search=1

Budget around rm800
TSblurjoey
post Apr 19 2019, 11:30 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Johnnycartoon @ Apr 19 2019, 11:03 AM)
Hi, is there any1 using a dashcam with reverse camera type for 4x4 car like colorado?
Found something like Eagle Eye, not sure if quality is ok.
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/car-vide...JjpySo&search=1

Budget around rm800
Best to get a standalone reverse camera. Not those all in ones.

Eagle-i is a China rebrand/OEM dashcam. Overpriced.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 19 2019, 03:16 PM
voncrane
post Apr 20 2019, 12:27 AM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 19 2019, 09:46 AM)
Thanks.. Looks longer, but more sleeker? That WM1.. wub.gif..
Winter@7
post Apr 23 2019, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Look like quiet in this few days.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 23 2019, 09:00 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 23 2019, 11:33 AM)
Look like quiet in this few days.
No new cams ma... Hahaha...
TSblurjoey
post Apr 24 2019, 09:48 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

A friend's Yi Ultra dashcam aka Yi dashcam King Edition...

The battery got bloated till pushed the screen off the dashcam body...

Attached Image
ckweng
post Apr 24 2019, 10:09 AM

Craft beers for life!
1,612 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 24 2019, 09:48 AM)

Attached Image
Oh my.... ohmy.gif capacitor-powered dashcams FTW
josh5671
post Apr 24 2019, 10:52 AM

Regular
1,133 posts

Attached Image
LOL. King of dashcam. Still alive Tu.

Cukur I using super capacitor?
Chrix
post Apr 24 2019, 11:41 AM

Enthusiast
866 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

At least he now has adjustable pivot screen laugh.gif
Bryan126
post Apr 25 2019, 12:20 PM

9 posts

Hi guys,any comment THINKWARE F800 pro and IROAD TX9?
Which one is better quality?
josh5671
post Apr 25 2019, 12:22 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(Bryan126 @ Apr 25 2019, 12:20 PM)
I think ts have both. Using tx9 before and get f800 recently
Bryan126
post Apr 25 2019, 12:25 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 25 2019, 12:22 PM)
I think ts have both. Using tx9 before and get f800 recently
F800 is better? Then how about your tx9?
Winter@7
post Apr 25 2019, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(Bryan126 @ Apr 25 2019, 12:25 PM)
F800 is better? Then how about your tx9?
I personally feel thinkware better now. Haha...it is all include right?
TX9 expensive and the LED ring...OMG doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
Bryan126
post Apr 25 2019, 03:58 PM

9 posts

thinkware is the expensive than iroad =(
Bryan126
post Apr 25 2019, 03:59 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 25 2019, 03:54 PM)
TX9 expensive and the LED ring...OMG  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
thinkware is expensive than iroad,but i dun know quality how..thats y i need ask u guys suggest
Winter@7
post Apr 25 2019, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(Bryan126 @ Apr 25 2019, 03:58 PM)
thinkware is the expensive than iroad =(
Yes it should be more expensive but it come with built in GPS. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
Iroad need to purchase separately for GPS bangwall.gif bangwall.gif
TX9 also need about RM16XX with 32 GB MicroSD

QUOTE(Bryan126 @ Apr 25 2019, 03:59 PM)
thinkware is expensive than iroad,but i dun know quality how..thats y i need ask u guys suggest
This is very subjective. It does not say which is better. You can do some survey on both items.
blurjoey is using Thinkware F800 PRO

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 25 2019, 04:32 PM
Bryan126
post Apr 25 2019, 05:52 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 25 2019, 04:30 PM)
Yes it should be more expensive but it come with built in GPS.  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
Iroad need to purchase separately for GPS  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif
TX9 also need about RM16XX with 32 GB MicroSD
This is very subjective. It does not say which is better. You can do some survey on both items.
blurjoey is using Thinkware F800 PRO
Iroad tx9 not much review err
Winter@7
post Apr 25 2019, 06:48 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(Bryan126 @ Apr 25 2019, 05:52 PM)
Is there anything special between X9 and TX9?? Or just because it come with display. See your preference.

Day Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4t-7KZd5x4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyr3V4UVMN8

Night Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkf-ZhNLYcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfiqM02ykpw

Look worse at night too.... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 25 2019, 06:58 PM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 25 2019, 08:53 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Bryan126 @ Apr 25 2019, 12:20 PM)
I'm using F800 Pro.

TX9's front cam's 3K resolution is good.

TX9's ADAS is almost as accurate as F800 Pro. But ADAS don't work without the GPS module.

During testing, there were a few times the car battery protection kicked in even when parked for an hour and shut down the TX9. Maybe firmware issue?

Also F800 Pro, the GPS and wifi are built-in. TX9 is external and have to purchase separately.

F800 Pro has more function and the Thinkware's famous true parking mode.

I'm waiting for my Thinkware Q800 Pro to arrive laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 25 2019, 09:07 PM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 25 2019, 08:56 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Bryan126 @ Apr 25 2019, 05:52 PM)
I was reviewing it but the proprietary JDR file format was a bit of a hassle to get out the video files for me to upload to YouTube even using their software on Windows. And I didn't want to download using the app as the quality might not be the same?

I still have the 128GB microSD card with the JDR video files in there...

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 25 2019, 09:09 PM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 25 2019, 08:58 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 25 2019, 03:54 PM)
TX9 expensive and the LED ring...OMG  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
TX9 copied the Thinkware QX800 for the LED ring.

LED ring can be turned off.

Also, iRoad using the same hardwire kit as Thinkware. So can use both brands without changing the hardwire kit.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 25 2019, 09:04 PM
Winter@7
post Apr 26 2019, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 25 2019, 08:58 PM)

Also, iRoad using the same hardwire kit as Thinkware. So can use both brands without changing the hardwire kit.
IC...since the hardwire kit is the same, then will be easy if one day thinks to swap with Thinkware.
For the security LED, ya I am never turned on. cool2.gif

What is the record file format in Thickware? MP4? Can it set the recording duration? For Iroad I think is only 24 secs and is standard.
Iroad is come with JDR file format and then need to convert it into AVI using apps. JDR is only able to open by using Iroad apps. So will be a bit leceh since no option for another file format. confused.gif

By the way what you mean by Thinkware True Parking Mode?

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 26 2019, 10:09 AM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 26 2019, 10:44 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,969 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 26 2019, 10:07 AM)
IC...since the hardwire kit is the same, then will be easy if one day thinks to swap with Thinkware.
For the security LED, ya I am never turned on.  cool2.gif

What is the record file format in Thickware? MP4? Can it set the recording duration? For Iroad I think is only 24 secs and is standard.
Iroad is come with JDR file format and then need to convert it into AVI using apps. JDR is only able to open by using Iroad apps. So will be a bit leceh since no option for another file format.  confused.gif

By the way what you mean by Thinkware True Parking Mode?
Thinkware is using the mp4 file format. All Thinkware is set to 1-minute video file. Cannot change.

JDR is a propritery file format for iRoad dashcams. That's why I can get any good videos as I need to combine using video editor and quality will be lost after editing.

Thinkware dashcam has the best parking mode among Korea dashcam brands.

josh5671
post Apr 26 2019, 12:04 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 25 2019, 08:58 PM)

Wait what. Tx9 security led can turn off. X9 seen like can't...
Winter@7