Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 10:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

i previously use xiaomi dashcam, around 200 bucks or something, installed myself on my previous car.

it was mounted directly onto the windscreen with the original 3m double side tape came together with the dashcam. After a couple of years, sold the car, trying hard to remove the mount, couldn't and it stick to the windscreen (with tint) too hard, so end up remove it forcefully and ended up leaving a hole on the tint.

After getting a new car, got myself a 3m double side tape from taobao, was trying to install it onto the new car that has windscreen too. fear of the same damage, i then use the roadtax sticker that is self adhesive to the windscreen as the middle layer in between the tint and the double side tape, but mana tau, it didn't work as great as applying it directly.

What solutions you guys can suggest me? i don't wanna leave a hole on the tint on the new car.
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 11:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 10:39 AM)
I'm using clear acrylic double sided tape. They are strong when stuck on but easy to remove just by pulling and stretching the clear acrylic.

Another is to use heat to soften the tape mount before pulling or twisting. Another is the flossing technique using a nylon string.
what's an acrylic double sided tape? care to give some link to it so i can purchase directly? or the one that you're using.
Sticking it onto the windscreen (with tint) directly?

Noted on the few methods in removing the tape, will do it next time when i remove it.

QUOTE(ckweng @ Apr 16 2019, 10:43 AM)
Guys, I have a tried and tested DIY method to avoid sticking 3M double-sided tape directly on the windscreen.

Buy those cheap Fixate Gel pad and cut a piece out to the size of the dashcam mount and use it as a medium between the dashcam mount and your tinted windscreen. The Fixate Gel pads are very sticky and strong enough to hold the dashcam and its mount, and easy to remove without residue too.
QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:08 AM)
Macam nice, can they just stick onto anything? or i can stick this in between the windscreen and the dashcam?
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 11:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:46 AM)
I'm using these. Got 3M brand but too expensive as I used a lot for my reviews.

[attachmentid=10228084]
I see, then have to cut into the shapes that you want?
mine is a 35mm round shape. so probably will have to DIY into such size?
This type is very strong isn't it? won't it destroy the tint when you remove it later?
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 12:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:53 AM)
Yes DIY cut to the shape you want.

These are easy to remove without sticky residue or tint byebye. Even easier if it heated like parked in the sun for a few hours.
noted, let me get some to test it out. thanks so much.

or should i try the fixate gel pad? hmm.gif
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 12:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 16 2019, 12:08 PM)
I had try using Sticker Removal chemical that I bought from hardware shop last time, addition with glass cleaner, nail removal, and Dettol hand sanitizer. Look like damn Kiasu right?
I didn't get the Goo gone as I feel probably it will be similar to the sticker removal I use.

The result still visible, really don't have idea or maybe don't have a passion to work on it. When you rub with the chemical, the sticky will feel like melting, but it very fast will dry up. When it dry, the sticky will become hard and stay at the position again. Just worry the most I do, the position grow bigger.  mad.gif  ranting.gif  vmad.gif

Will try to go to car detailing shop to see whether they can make it disappear.  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif

user posted image
whoa this is too much of effort liao. cannot leave it there?
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 12:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 16 2019, 12:17 PM)
Haha...damn TL liao. don't want to do liao. Leave it there lor. Or just go change front windscreen Tint saja senang. Waste my 1 week time to settle this shit.  vmad.gif  vmad.gif
maybe you got OCD, thats why cannot stand that thing being there.
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 12:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:46 AM)
I'm using these. Got 3M brand but too expensive as I used a lot for my reviews.

[attachmentid=10228084]
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r...s=1&abbucket=11

i found this thing on taobao. not sure good or not, it is produced for such purpose too.

got 2 types, arcylic and those foam (black colour) type. not sure which one to go with though. any comment?
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 12:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 16 2019, 12:28 PM)
what is OCD?
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
you cannot stand things that are not in your controllable sight, etc.
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 02:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 12:38 PM)
That's the clear acrylic double sided tape by 3M
yeah, but just now sure if would work as intended.
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 10:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 16 2019, 04:47 PM)
I think you can stick a pcs of transparent stickers like the road tax plastic sticker or next service plastic quality, or something like tint can cut to size maybe slightly bigger than the 3M tape area. Tape it nicely and it should work.
Otherwise you will end up like me seeking for help here or to think of way to getting rid of those sticky residue  whistling.gif  whistling.gif  whistling.gif
for the past 3 months i use the cut road tax plastic sticker, but it didnt hold for long, 2nd attempt lagi worse, drop off in one day. maybe because i cut it only slightly bigger and the sticker doesn't get enough strength to hold it and dropped. Maybe I should try using the whole piece instead and see if this can do the trick. will keep you guys posted on this one.

tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 10:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

Actually I feel that dashcam should be pre-installed (factory fitted) in all cars for safety purposes.

They should make it as a guideline to have it as a per-requisite.

Anyway, a good dashcam is not gonna cost a bomb, factor into the selling price of the car and possibly loan cover major partial of it.
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 10:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 10:25 AM)
You mean like Toyota? No thank you. The dashcam is crap if you ask me laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

It's a China made OEM dashcam.

I know Honda Malaysia is reviewing to sell dashcams with their cars.
Toyota has one already?
I mean they should JV with those big name dashcam company to integrate it into their car as factory fitted cam.

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 10:26 AM)
Some new toys arrived today from Taiwan

[attachmentid=10228482]
wah nice, how much is the damage? front and back?
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 11:00 AM)
Yes, most all new Toyota models have dashcams even the new Vios & Yaris.

You think they will JV with good brand dashcam companies?

I know Mercedes is JV with Thinkware for their dashcams but not in Malaysia yet. BMW is JV with a Korean dashcam manufacturer but quality unknown.

The DrivePro 110 & HE card is review unit from Transcend Taiwan innocent.gif  innocent.gif  innocent.gif
How about leaving a dedicated spot for us to install the dashcam on our own? a USB port there, so we don't have to pull the whole wire down. haha
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 11:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 17 2019, 11:16 AM)
Sub rm100 card. Not so exp.

Any alternative? Because evo plus not 'for recording'.
how about sandisk? those with high speed should be ok right? for full HD recording.
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 12:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 17 2019, 11:26 AM)
Proton X70 has a USB port for your dashcam.
Toyota cars have factory fitted dashcam.
QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Apr 17 2019, 11:34 AM)
Preferably, car makes should get things done like that. I believe it would be a common thing 5 years down the road as they see the proliferation of dashcams.

Neater, less clutter, less chances of wire failures, safer (especially those that need to route wires near air bags for rear cams).
QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 17 2019, 11:41 AM)
There you go. X70 have port at middle front headlining.
By spec it was meet requirement for everything.
By their manufacturer its not for whole time recording (full write no read)
yeah, kudos to X70, that's a way forward. I think dashcam has became an essential instead nowadays, anything can happen on the road. if we have the evidence, they can't do much about it.
tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 12:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 12:04 PM)
Hahahaha... How I wish... Some cars do have USB ports... Anyway most SC will tell you install dashcam will void your car warranty. Only theirs won't void warranty.
TOLOLOL, plug and play = void warranty, those people, think they can really con people like that meh?

I am still keeping the video clip of my total loss vid, dare not review/rewind back to that incident, maybe 1 year anniversary mark i will open the vid and see it for myself for the first time.

tehoice
post Apr 17 2019, 02:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 12:50 PM)
Not con. It's in your warranty booklet. Go read it 😂
HAHA! never knew that! okla, then too bad lah, since it is an essential to use this dashcam in my opinion.
tehoice
post Jan 23 2020, 11:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

hi guys, has anyone got any opinion on XIAOMI 70MAI PRO Dashcam?

user experience would be much appreciated. will also do a search later.
tehoice
post Feb 27 2020, 11:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

Quick question guys, anyone of you use two front camera and place one at the back instead of using a dual dashcam which has the back camera ones too?

i currently have one 70mai pro but hasn't install yet. thought of getting a 70mai to install it at the back, do you think this is okay or not? and why? thanks.
tehoice
post Feb 27 2020, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,130 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Feb 27 2020, 11:50 AM)
what makes you think cannot? smile.gif
erm, i'm not too sure though. cos i will also need to connect the wiring all the way back to the front console box there, a kinda tedious work to do.

unless i bring it to the accessories shop and ask them to install. believe they can fuse it to the electric board or something, right?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0277sec    0.71    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th May 2022 - 04:05 PM