Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

mushigen
post May 16 2019, 02:00 PM

Enthusiast
778 posts

QUOTE(joshuatan17 @ May 16 2019, 10:49 AM)
Thz! What about blackvue, xiao yi or others?

Saw blackvue on Lazada for RM2XX
When removing and putting back you need to take note of the orientation so that the video angle is not affected - you don't want to be recording the top part of your windscreen, missing the important details.

You can also consider B1W which is easy to remove. Do take note that frequent disconnecting of the power source might affect the connector, although one can argue we plug in to charge our phones daily and it's still ok.
mushigen
post Aug 29 2019, 09:45 AM

Enthusiast
778 posts

QUOTE(Keatsan @ Aug 27 2019, 11:37 PM)
A dashcam works in the same way like an insurance.
Good to have when you needed it.
Many actually think it's just good to have, not a necessity. Or they are too lazy, or justify not installing by saying it'll attract thieves.
Now, its usage has been expanded to include capturing road bullies. With video, bullies can't get away easily.

My big-ass Yi cam in front is easily seen by drivers in front of me, so that might act as a deterrent against potential stunts by them.

mushigen
post Nov 5 2019, 01:57 PM

Enthusiast
778 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Oct 31 2019, 11:56 AM)
Hi Dashcam sifus,

Currently doing some survey on some dashcams, my budget likely < RM350. Just want to install it on my ride [likely simple DIY on Myvi G3].

Came across some reviews of the 70Mai Pro and came to visit this thread as well to gather some info. Seems for budget, the recommendations are for Viofo and BlueskySea series.

Viofo looks quite big whilst the 70 Mai looks quite discreet. Any other recommendations?

Thanks guys.
Blueskysea afaik is much cheaper than Viofo. I'm using the B1W at rear windscreen. Would love to have Viofo (either 2 x single channel, or one dual-channel) but it's much more expensive than my present Yi cam + B1W combo.
mushigen
post Nov 5 2019, 09:11 PM

Enthusiast
778 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Nov 5 2019, 02:07 PM)
Cool. Thanks for sharing.

You DIY the front + rear? thumbsup.gif
I DIY-ed for all my previous cars. For my current City, the tint shop fellas helped me run the wires because the car was just few days old and I didn't have time to do a proper job. In any case, mine is just plugged into the ciggie lighter (and it helps that my City has two accessory ports at the rear aircon vent). No parking mode for me.

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Nov 5 2019, 02:34 PM)
11.11 sales is around the corner whistling.gif  whistling.gif  whistling.gif

Hopefully got sellers selling Viofo dashcams for a very low price like 7.7 sales...
How much were the Viofo variants offered for sale then?

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Nov 5 2019, 08:13 PM)
Means need to plug to BATT fuse for constant power. Be careful as not sure how good is their cut off is. Might and up have a dead car battery.
I wouldn't trust this B1W to do the monitoring of voltage without additional safeguards like Power Magic or sthg like that. Even when I had my ancient Blackvue DR400 installed with Power Magic, I still had an on/off toggle switch installed to manually cut off the power when I had to leave the car unused for a few days.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0389sec    1.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 7th December 2019 - 12:23 AM