Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

KIntos
post Apr 9 2019, 08:49 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 9 2019, 05:21 PM)
Have myself install with Iroad X9 and notice overall is not as clear as we seen from youtube footage. The video quality is not so clear as well and you can feel there is blurry on the video. I didn't notice much improvement on the video compares to my 2 years ago old Transcend dash cam video quality.

Another issue that I found is the windscreen reflection is too much for front and rear camera. I am wondering where can get the Polarizing filter to add-on the camera lens. Haha...this is my personal opinion.

I decide to take Iroad is due to the weather here in Malaysia is always too hot, and from review, Iroad has no problem on the heat. that's the reason there is a lot of Singaporean is using Iroad Dash Cam. Other than that is the Dash Cam stability.

But I truly disappointed for spending about RM13XX to get such low-quality video. My opinion is very personal. Just see any of Iroad X9 user here can share your thought too....

P/S: don't ever trust the youtube footage that all look very clear on the image and good color.  When you see clearly, it is like totally no windscreen reflection at all too.
You have to consider the tint film factor. Tint film is the one giving reflection.
KIntos
post Jun 13 2019, 01:04 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(kskoay @ Jun 13 2019, 07:14 AM)
actually which car cam you guys recommended with similar function to 70mai pro? i need the parking mode without tapping the cable to fuse box/battery. i mean the cam have the capability either auto wake up by vibration or motion detection (during engine off, parking mode), but with capacitor...

thank you
Can. Current A119v2 firmware able to do it. Power source use powerbank or else use 12v 🔋 to constant power supplied to A119. A119 will goes into standby mode after 90sec of non motion detection/ non impact or event triggered. During standby mode, once detected motion or impact. It will wake up and recording.

But do you trust your powerbank or battery is safe to use under hot sun inside your cabin? If you trust its safe for you, above model can suit your need.
KIntos
post Jul 26 2019, 03:04 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(Like a Bause @ Jul 26 2019, 11:13 AM)
was told by sicurez.. they dont recommend the parking mode yet.. it seems that the power cut is not stable..  :confused:
Need to calibrate the actual voltage between vehicle battery & hardwire/camera. Wire resistance, voltage drop and component tolerance is the factor.

KIntos
post Jul 27 2019, 12:12 AM

Regular
1,109 posts

[quote=blurjoey,Jul 26 2019, 03:52 PM]
How to calibrate the actual voltage between the car battery and hardwire/camera? I only can see settings on the hardwire/camera for voltage cut off for the parking mode settings. How to calibrate the car battery voltage if it is the car battery?
Measure car battery then measure input voltage into hardwire kit. See what is the difference? 1st try fiddle the cutoff setting based on measured input voltage of hardwire kit. If its at 12.35v then select 12.2v as cutoff and see how long the parking mode duration. If not long enough, set 12.0v

If the input voltage not stable, extra capacitor to stable the input voltage of the hardwire kit.

If input voltage measured is higher than car battery, add resistor to bring down the voltage close to measured car battery voltage.

KIntos
post Jul 27 2019, 12:43 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 27 2019, 08:36 AM)
Sounds complicated. What if later the voltage is different? Then need to add/remove the capacitor/resistor? sweat.gif  sweat.gif  sweat.gif

Do you install like that for all your Viofo A129 Duo/IR and A119V3?  hmm.gif  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
Its indeed complicated for normal consumer. Thats the beauty of electronics. Some hardwire kit is come with voltage display on the screen. Therefore can direct offset the voltage based on the displayed voltage on the camera.

Atleast vicovation power kits can be adjust voltage offset. Hmm vicovation moved out of dashcam business.

So to do a simple hardwire kit setup, just measured the voltage into hardwire kits and use the cutoff limit and gauge from there. This is current method im using personally.

KIntos
post Jul 27 2019, 05:44 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 27 2019, 03:32 PM)
The problem is with the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit. Set 12.4V cut off, sometimes at 11.9/12V only cut off power.

Thinkware can adjust the voltage cutoff like Vicovation.

So you're not using the Viofo HK3 with your Viofo dashcams but the Vicovation Power Plus?

So I think no need to do your measure voltage technique as this depends on the dashcam or hardwire kit's voltage reading is accurate or not.
I was using vicovation from a119 till now still the same unit. Not really in need on parking mode. Even vicovation, im measured and apply the same method.

Its same, you will still need to measure the voltage of the input to the hardwire kit vs battery voltage. Also whether current battery after overnight, how much voltage left? From there to gauge the cut off limit setting.

KIntos
post Jul 27 2019, 10:16 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 27 2019, 08:24 PM)
Ok. So you never used the any hardwired kit with the Viofo's parking mode. Noted.
I used viofo hardwire kit during parking test on beta testing and on my demo unit and i dont have any problem on it for 2 weeks testing. I still have the hardwire kit installed on my vehicle.

KIntos
post Jul 28 2019, 10:02 AM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 27 2019, 10:59 PM)
Noted but did you test with the v1.8 firmware for A129 Duo? V1.8 have the buffered parking mode feature after the release of A129 Duo IR and A119V3 which also have buffered parking mode in June 2019.

Should be all different from the beta firmware and the initial parking mode firmware of the A129 Duo.
Im tested on 1st version. You mean firmware different causing hardwire kit fail to cut off or the additional pre-buffer feature?
Im aware v1.8 and i do have the firmware in my pc.

This post has been edited by KIntos: Jul 28 2019, 10:07 AM
KIntos
post Jul 28 2019, 01:02 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 28 2019, 11:29 AM)
The buffered parking mode was not working in firmware before v1.8 (released in June 2019).

That time was only low bitrate parking mode is available which uses less power than buffered parking mode.

Buffered parking is constantly recording without saving to the micro SD until motion or impact is triggered then will save 15s before and 30s after the trigger.

Also, Viofo parking mode is activated when there is no motion detected for 1 minute after the engine is off.

You can now save v1.9 in your pc tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
I tested not only low bitrate. Im testing the whole parking feature, normal recording and monitor the auto switching acc and battery consistency. i dont like low bitrate tho.

This post has been edited by KIntos: Jul 28 2019, 01:03 PM
KIntos
post Aug 23 2019, 10:46 AM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(lawrencehl @ Aug 22 2019, 03:50 PM)
So the cam won't use sensor to detect is the car in parking mode?
Current A119v2 parking mode working like 90sec of non detection camera will goes into standby mode (blueish green led light on) and will be recording in 5fps time lapse once motion is detected and normal recording if g-sensor triggered.
KIntos
post Sep 2 2019, 03:00 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(tifosi @ Sep 2 2019, 03:21 AM)
Hahaha, just in time I've an issue with my Viofo. I don't know what's wrong but I hope someone can pinpoint to the cause of it.

Been using hardwired (original from Viofo) A119v2 (GPS) since about a year back? Recently it randomly restarts.

At first I thought maybe it was the the road, I went through pothole/bump or something and dislodge the connection or so. So I went and check if there are any loose connection but I couldn't find any. Just yesterday, while my car was stationary at the traffic light, the dashcam randomly restarted again. So I've rule out my first suspicion but still doesn't solve my issue.

Anyone had similar experience before?
Do you have GPS module? If yes, check the GPS module pin condition. Snap a picture of the pin condition.
KIntos
post Sep 4 2019, 01:23 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(zeese @ Sep 4 2019, 10:10 AM)
Anyone here enabled the LDWS, FCWS feature? How's your experienced.. I've used viofo a119 for 3 years already, but never try the ldws and fcws feature. lol..  The dashcam still works fine but i can see the sdcard starts giving a corrupted file.. Maybe the sdcard is too old already, or maybe because i've never reformat it for very long time, at least over a year.. biggrin.gif
Hi, please check the corrupted file was it happen everytime after engine off?

Observe the red LED light on the camera power button. Once you switched off engine, it should be still lit for 2-3sec.

Your issue is more on camera capacitor need replacement or the memory card itself.

KIntos
post Sep 8 2019, 08:27 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Sep 8 2019, 05:28 PM)
If parking mode is an important factor to you, best to consider Thinkware straight as they are known for having the best true parking mode. F200 rear cam is 720p only and need to buy the optional GPS module. X700 is same specs as F770 but have to get the optional GPS module if want to use ADAS and smart camera alert.

If budget is more of your concern then straight go with the A129 Duo. The parking mode is only activated when there is no motion detected after a certain time after you off the engine. You can set higher voltage cutoff on the HK3 hardwire kit.

Mini0906 was considered to be the best budget dual dashcam last time. But no newer model has been out since. The parking mode is timelapse only. Not buffered parking mode. You can get from online sellers. Last time, mini dashcam has a reputation of failing often but now not sure as they have sold the mini0907 mold to other manufacturers to make their own versions of mini0907. Same like the famed G1W series & A118C.

70mai dashcams are good but the battery inside is the cons of the dashcam. And yes you can't connect to 2 of them using 1 phone at the same time.

- how much does it cost to install and hardwire dashcams? RM100-300 depending on the installer's workmanship and your car model/type.
- is it worth paying extra for korean brands with worse video quality but better stability? To me yes as I get Korean for the overall package for true parking mode, ADAS, smart camera alerts, etc. Not just for image quality.
- generally, what is the lifespan of these dashcams? Capacitor dashcam 2-5 years. Lithium battery dashcam 1-3 years. All depends on your luck.
- any common issues from the dashcams ive listed above? Read the above.
A129 Duo will switch to parking mode once engine off if using acc hardwire kit@hk3.

Viofo Parking Mode v2.0 0fficial website

Viofo Latest Advanced Buffered Parking Mode

This post has been edited by KIntos: Sep 8 2019, 08:29 PM
KIntos
post Sep 9 2019, 01:32 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(supaztyler @ Sep 9 2019, 01:12 PM)
how much is the hk3 kit
Pmed you price
KIntos
post Sep 25 2019, 10:07 AM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Sep 25 2019, 09:35 AM)
Thanks for the fast response!

One more question. I have a Viofo CPL filter used on my Viofo 119v2. This CPL filter can also mount on this new dashcam, right?
Only new version cpl can be use. Old version A119 cpl will have some vignetting at the corner. It's not severe but still usable, subject to owner liking.
KIntos
post Oct 16 2019, 03:11 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(andyng38 @ Oct 16 2019, 03:08 PM)
That's why I can't afford to make a mistake.
Taking my time to survey and find out all the available options before deciding.
Mini 0906 pro not yet release. Still in development.
KIntos
post Nov 8 2019, 07:09 AM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(andyng38 @ Nov 7 2019, 08:50 PM)
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for who's selling/which brand name the f1. 7 model will be sold under. Will share when I find out. Maybe u could do the same.

Any news on the Mini 0906 Pro yet?
Mini 0906 pro gonna announce and release soon. Spec is out but yet to release to public.

Camdii brand
KIntos
post Nov 8 2019, 10:18 AM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Nov 8 2019, 09:52 AM)
So it's not by Megtech anymore? Camdii is a new company? Or a rebrand of Megtech?

It seems like a rebrand. Megtech is the service center here in the distributor list: https://www.camdii.store/network
Camdii is brand under Megtech for REM.

BTW all mini 0906 is on F1.7 lens nowdays. F1.8 is the old spec back in the days.

This post has been edited by KIntos: Nov 8 2019, 10:20 AM
KIntos
post Nov 26 2019, 01:30 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(andyng38 @ Nov 25 2019, 09:44 PM)
I think u summoned him once b4 with no result. Guess it's still under development. Let's wait and see lah.
gonna release in end of year. probably for CNY sales.

rear sensor upgraded to IMX291 while front sensor is new sensor.

This post has been edited by KIntos: Nov 26 2019, 01:30 PM
KIntos
post Dec 6 2019, 12:39 PM

Regular
1,109 posts

QUOTE(andyng38 @ Dec 4 2019, 07:45 PM)
laugh.gif  Free advertising for him lah! If the 0906 Pro is good, maybe he can give us a nice discount!
Mini 0906 pro have 2 variant. 1 with build in WiFi and 1 without WiFi.

Imx327 front and rear imx291.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1054sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th May 2022 - 10:26 PM