Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

211 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

kskoay
post Jul 9 2019, 08:26 AM

On my way
659 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 8 2019, 11:59 AM)
Go for Thinkware dashcams as they have true parking mode.

Viofo at the moment just released their buffered parking mode for A129 Duo and A119 V3 which is not perfect yet.
Both brands are using supercapacitors inside.

Thinkware F770 is better. You got Smart Camera Alerts, real accurate ADAS and true parking mode. GPS & wifi is built-in.

iRoad's durability is very unpredictable. Last I heard was the wifi dongles kept burning out due to heat issues for the X9, now not sure of the quality. The external GPS module is optional accessories.

I can't remember if the F770 can use Samsung Evo Plus like the F800 Pro and Q800 Pro. But if you want to try, please get Evo Plus 64GB or 128GB as the write speed is faster. Just keep the Thinkware 16GB micro SD in the car as spare just in case.
first of all, thanks alot for the feedback, i have a question about "true parking mode", you mean time lapse? i remember some youtube stated time lapse is not really useful when it come to scratches (by human, using key or coin), because no voice will be capture and it's way too fast (time lapse) to capture non-stop for the video.

both X9 and F770 have motion detection (parking mode), can i say both of them have pre-buff feature (capture and save the video before few second of motion detected)?

I'm using 7mai pro now (front only), still thinking is that really worth it to upgrade to better camera....i compared some video between 7mai pro and x9, i think 7mai pro capture better video....how about f770?

based on sicurez website, F770 only able to support up to 64GB but not 128GB blush.gif

thanks again smile.gif
widget
post Jul 9 2019, 08:50 AM

Regular
1,134 posts

QUOTE(kskoay @ Jul 9 2019, 08:26 AM)
first of all, thanks alot for the feedback, i have a question about "true parking mode", you mean time lapse?......

Thinkware true parking modes have 3 options; which are time lapse, motion detection and impact detection.
The advantages of Thinkware parking mode over their Chinese competitors is that they have buffered mode, i.e. they will save the 10 seconds clip before the incident happened, whereas China-brand parking mode normally will only save from the moment the incident happened.
For me, if I want to save the car battery if I park on busy parking lot for quite some time, I'll switch from motion detection to impact detection.

If someone scratch your door using coin or key and they never walk in front or behind your car, I doubt any true parking mode will help you to determine the culprit unless you install side dashcam, which I believed is still not available commercially.

As for video quality, I'm afraid even my previous Mini 0906 has better video quality than my Thinkware F800Pro.
kskoay
post Jul 9 2019, 09:51 AM

On my way
659 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Jul 9 2019, 08:50 AM)
Thinkware true parking modes have 3 options; which are time lapse, motion detection and impact detection.
The advantages of Thinkware parking mode over their Chinese competitors is that they have buffered mode, i.e. they will save the 10 seconds clip before the incident happened, whereas China-brand parking mode normally will only save from the moment the incident happened.
For me, if I want to save the car battery if I park on busy parking lot for quite some time, I'll switch from motion detection to impact detection.

If someone scratch your door using coin or key and they never walk in front or behind your car, I doubt any true parking mode will help you to determine the culprit unless you install side dashcam, which I believed is still not available commercially.

As for video quality, I'm afraid even my previous Mini 0906 has better video quality than my Thinkware F800Pro.
this "buffered 10 secs" applicable to both "motion detection" and "impact detection"? thanks again
Haxilli P
post Jul 9 2019, 02:23 PM

Probation
15 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 7 2019, 10:14 AM)
Lazada is cheap. Get from trusted store like Mono Digital. Less than rm100 can get a 128GB Samsung Evo Plus.
Yes it's the cheaper Korean dashcam brand as it is made in China. I'm comparing it with other Korean dashcam brands. Not with China dashcam brands.
Just saw this in Lazada about rm330.90 from China seller.

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/blueskys...x4Ldsn&search=1

RM600+++ in Shopee

https://shopee.com.my/New-Blueskysea-B2W-Or...3665.2339107120
Current price on lazada is now RM579.99

shoppeeee is RM629.65

Haxilli P
post Jul 9 2019, 02:30 PM

Probation
15 posts

blurjoey between blueskysea b1w and the A129 Duo IR which one you think is better ?

both are capacitor cams , based on your opinion

is it good to buy a dash cam with screen on it ?

or can go buy 2 x the b1w , or just get the A129 Duo IR ?
widget
post Jul 9 2019, 03:29 PM

Regular
1,134 posts

QUOTE(kskoay @ Jul 9 2019, 09:51 AM)
this "buffered 10 secs" applicable to both "motion detection" and "impact detection"? thanks again
IIRC, only the "motion detection" is buffered, whereas the "impact detection", being an energy saving mode is not buffered.
Maybe @blurjoey can correct me here if I'm wrong
TSblurjoey
post Jul 9 2019, 03:48 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,766 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Jul 9 2019, 03:29 PM)
IIRC, only the "motion detection" is buffered, whereas the "impact detection", being an energy saving mode is not buffered.
Maybe @blurjoey can correct me here if I'm wrong
Both motion and impact is buffered parking mode on Thinkware.

Energy saving mode can't use buffering. Buffering is the dashcam is recording without saving to the micro sd card until motion or impact is triggered then 10s before and after.
widget
post Jul 9 2019, 03:58 PM

Regular
1,134 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 9 2019, 03:48 PM)
Both motion and impact is buffered parking mode on Thinkware.

Energy saving mode can't use buffering. Buffering is the dashcam is recording without saving to the micro sd card until motion or impact is triggered then 10s before and after.
Thanks for the correction.
I do realized that even though I enabled the blue LED indicator for my rear camera, if I switch on to "impact detection", the blue LED light will not lit.
TSblurjoey
post Jul 9 2019, 04:19 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,766 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Jul 9 2019, 03:58 PM)
Thanks for the correction.
I do realized that even though I enabled the blue LED indicator for my rear camera, if I switch on to "impact detection", the blue LED light will not lit.
I need to test this as the led for my rear cam is off. Only the front cam is doing the Knight Rider left right led...

The energy saving mode is like the parking mode of 70mai Pro. Impact then only record.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Jul 9 2019, 04:21 PM
josh5671
post Jul 9 2019, 04:20 PM

Regular
1,025 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 9 2019, 04:19 PM)
I need to test this as the led for my rear cam is off. Only the front cam is doing the Knight Rider left right led...
LOL... you put my example there too.
Thinkware also that running led?
TSblurjoey
post Jul 9 2019, 04:35 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,766 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Jul 9 2019, 04:20 PM)
LOL... you put my example there too.
Thinkware also that running led?
Yes got the security LED too
patienceGNR
post Jul 10 2019, 07:38 AM

♥ Ride All Day ♥
1,932 posts

Saw Thinkware products at a car show some time last December. Dropped them a message, they only replied a month later. When I further enquired, they read my message and have not responded until today. doh.gif

With that level of customer servicing, I am gonna be bringing my business elsewhere. Bloody arslochs.

I know we have recommendations on the first page but I would like to suggest that the cams are also categorized by pricing, i.e. budget models = RM xxx to RM xxx. biggrin.gif much easier for other readers to quickly know what they are looking for.
TSblurjoey
post Jul 10 2019, 09:24 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,766 posts

QUOTE(patienceGNR @ Jul 10 2019, 07:38 AM)
Saw Thinkware products at a car show some time last December. Dropped them a message, they only replied a month later. When I further enquired, they read my message and have not responded until today. doh.gif

With that level of customer servicing, I am gonna be bringing my business elsewhere. Bloody arslochs.

I know we have recommendations on the first page but I would like to suggest that the cams are also categorized by pricing, i.e. budget models = RM xxx to RM xxx. biggrin.gif much easier for other readers to quickly know what they are looking for.
You message Thinkware Malaysia or Sicurez?
patienceGNR
post Jul 11 2019, 12:05 AM

♥ Ride All Day ♥
1,932 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 10 2019, 09:24 PM)
You message Thinkware Malaysia or Sicurez?
Thinkware M'sia. Got their deets from the event.

Biar la. Don't wanna bother. Gonna look elsewhere for now. Don't wanna end up with bad CS later in case I needed product support at a later time.

Badly need a dashcam because of road rage nowadays. Even within my neighbourhood also got bodoh fellas. Junction turning into my housing area, I turn in to the housing area, the lady came out (from junction), she honked me for that. Tak faham2 with these people.
wkc5657
post Jul 11 2019, 10:22 AM

Casual
494 posts

blurjoey

One question regarding those OBD to USB power adapters lie these :
https://shopee.com.my/Output-5V-3A-USB-Port...4426.2300227463

https://shopee.com.my/OBD-2-Car-Charger-16-...3075.2258225330

If i turn off the engine, will the OBD power adapter still draw power?
TSblurjoey
post Jul 11 2019, 11:10 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,766 posts

QUOTE(patienceGNR @ Jul 11 2019, 12:05 AM)

Biar la. Don't wanna bother. Gonna look elsewhere for now. Don't wanna end up with bad CS later in case I needed product support at a later time.

Badly need a dashcam because of road rage nowadays. Even within my neighbourhood also got bodoh fellas. Junction turning into my housing area, I turn in to the housing area, the lady came out (from junction), she honked me for that. Tak faham2 with these people.
Try contacting Sicurez as they are the Thinkware distributor for Malaysia.

Thinkware Malaysia is controlled by Thinkware Singapore so I think that's why the delay in reply to you.

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jul 11 2019, 10:22 AM)
blurjoey

One question regarding those OBD to USB power adapters lie these :
https://shopee.com.my/Output-5V-3A-USB-Port...4426.2300227463

https://shopee.com.my/OBD-2-Car-Charger-16-...3075.2258225330

If i turn off the engine, will the OBD power adapter still draw power?
Yes still have power after the engine is off. But the dashcam will off itself like using hardwire kit.
ckweng
post Jul 11 2019, 11:37 AM

Craft beers for life!
1,607 posts

Just sharing if anybody's interested. There's a pro version of the DDPai Mini 3 that records at 1600p. The link is in Chinese though:

DDPai Mini 3 Pro
TSblurjoey
post Jul 11 2019, 12:07 PM

Sumo Hammy!
5,766 posts

QUOTE(ckweng @ Jul 11 2019, 11:37 AM)
Just sharing if anybody's interested. There's a pro version of the DDPai Mini 3 that records at 1600p. The link is in Chinese though:

DDPai Mini 3 Pro
Another 1600p laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Actually, the DDPai Mini 3 is a very good dashcam. Not sure why not so happening here in Malaysia.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Jul 11 2019, 12:08 PM
widget
post Jul 11 2019, 12:33 PM

Regular
1,134 posts

QUOTE(patienceGNR @ Jul 11 2019, 12:05 AM)

As bro @blurjoey commented above, try calling Sicurez for any clarification.
The guys there are quite professional in answering my queries on the phone and when I went there to decide on which dashcam to install.

barca96
post Jul 11 2019, 12:47 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

Can any dash cam be used for front and rear dash cam? Meaning I buy 2 dashcam, 1 for front and 1 for back?

211 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0259sec    0.04    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2022 - 04:17 AM