Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

268 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN DashCam Discussion V1 | DashCam Talk Malaysia, Ask/discuss anything related to dashcam!

winkiedilwy
post Sep 21 2013, 12:08 PM, updated 4 months ago

Imma farting carrots.
Group: Senior Member

This thread started as a seeking for dashcam thread, ended up being a discussion thread. There are so many dash cameras out there, and here are the models that I'm currently using:

- Xiaomi Yi Smart Wifi Dash Camera (First Edition) [NOT POWER EDITION]
- Xiaomi 70mai Mini Dashcam

Looking for dashcam? Scroll through the comments below!

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Aug 22 2018, 09:26 PM
AlexLee277
post Sep 21 2013, 02:37 PM

Dihujani kenangan masa lalu

summoning Nightstalker1993
sanadi
post Sep 21 2013, 02:44 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 21 2013, 12:08 PM)
Hi guys, plan to get a traffic recorder for all my cars. I've went through LYN's automotive garage but still not impressed with most of them. I'm looking for something with:

- Full HD videos, but good quality and better colours
- GPS showing speed
- look as stealthy as possible
- budget less than RM300 per unit.

Anyone can recommend me any unit or any shop i can visit to test it out. Thanks!
Don't think can get at that price. The closest that get to your spec is this:
http://store.zhapalang.com.my/product_info...roducts_id=2273

RM1,200.00

This post has been edited by sanadi: Sep 21 2013, 02:44 PM
makaveli
post Sep 21 2013, 02:56 PM

Livin' la Vida Loca

GoPro settles your problem

but cheapest i seen around rm 2xx plus i seen Jing Wei was having one .
winkiedilwy
post Sep 21 2013, 04:13 PM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(sanadi @ Sep 21 2013, 02:44 PM)
Don't think can get at that price. The closest that get to your spec is this:
http://store.zhapalang.com.my/product_info...roducts_id=2273

RM1,200.00
that is too much lol... i want something simple...

QUOTE(makaveli @ Sep 21 2013, 02:56 PM)

Jing Wei??
2xx or 2xxx? coz even Hero 3 already 8xx.
cannot find second hand.
and, gopro can auto record when start the car?
budakdegilz
post Sep 21 2013, 05:07 PM

Regular

been looking the same thing...
unfortunately this car DVR are consider new market in malaysia...
not many seller advertise their item online....
and many buyer i believed bought from china/taiwan/HK themself..
and pricing wise is much more cheaper than malaysia market because of their competitiveness and market demand

p/s:
btw..i found some seller with physical shop that i believe you can test out the product yourself
but currently they only sell one type of DVR
http://www.lelong.com.my/full-hd-1080p-car...7-01-Sale-I.htm
or you can search at aliexpress....but it still a RISK buying electronic product from oversea online seller

MR_alien
post Sep 21 2013, 05:48 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

like sanadi recommend
i also recommend blackvue
blackvue also have cheaper models but NOT full HD...its 720p which for me is more than enough
or go papago..but also RM300 budget, impossible full HD
when its cheap and stated its "full HD"...they mean the size of the video is full HD, not the quality
sanadi
post Sep 21 2013, 07:23 PM

Group: Newbie

Recommend anyone who wants to buy a dashcam view this video

And read this guide:
http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-buying-guide/
hengng
post Sep 21 2013, 10:14 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Well, frankly speaking with less than RM300, I don't think you can get what you have listed above. So, I advice is, try to topup to RM700-RM800, then you may have somethings you want.

I am currently using DOD LS300w, which is truly Full HD 1080P.

Please select 1080P for clearer picture.

http://youtu.be/7aFbBeUgXAs

This post has been edited by hengng: Sep 22 2013, 03:39 PM
maxovista
post Sep 21 2013, 10:42 PM

Getting Started

hi, I am into these gadgets as well.......

Since you already set the budget around RM300, I guess you can only get a good camera recorder with reasonable quality on optical, but not with GPS ability. For a unit with GPS....the budget need to be up! maybe twice as much...somewhere in Rm600 range!

user posted image
Mio Mivue 388

the image above shows MIO Mivue388......probably close to Rm600-700!** This unit has Full HD and GPS ability

But MIO also offers a lesser model ie Mio Mivue 338 and 358!

Basically, The Mio Mivue 338 has 720p resolution(around Rm300) and the Mio Mivue 358 Full HD!(Rm400)

Where to get it? Ebay!

I currently using the Mivue338 and although it is just a 720p in resolution. I compared to the WayWay V270 HD model found in local market(Rm229). The Mivue338 actually has better optical (wider angle) and better night time images!
The WayWay V270 HD although having full HD or 1080p resolution, the lens a bit distorted and night time recording is less detail and darker!

user posted image
Wayway V270

Other than image quality, we need also need to take note on file sizes.

at 720p the Mivu338e files averaging at 70MB (for 120seconds video), but WayWay V270 at similar resolution, the file is trice as big! Around 200MB ....

A small memory card such as the 8GB card is useless on wayway....due to its memory hungry nature!

In short, similar size SDCard can store less recorded videos on Wayway compared to the Mio Mivue devices!

Lastly, you need to look also on the the "buttons". Are they carefully layout? Are the buttons Easily to access and press in driving situation?

Plastic quality on MIO devices are great as well, suction cup and accessories(charger) are as good as Garmin product. The Wayway accessories on the other hand, are working fine but the quality is not as good as Mio!

Thats my personal review .... icon_rolleyes.gif

And below is the basic Mio Mivue338 look like:
user posted image

** since the Mio are sold at Ebay.....I couldnt give you a definite or reliable pricing! The prices keep on changing on day to day basis, please check them out regularly .....it may be lesser that what I said now!!!! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by maxovista: Sep 22 2013, 12:36 AM
Nightstalker1993
post Sep 22 2013, 03:01 AM

M� �R�|�

I'm using the GS9000. Bought it for RM330 on DealExtreme. Pretty damn bloody wide angle! Sample videos can get from Youtube.

heres my own sample.

I'd like to add also that the raw files looks TWICE as good as Youtube's compression at 1080p by the way.

screengrabs(warning large pics)

http://i.imgur.com/JewWDCL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nr4JtLE.jpg

Do acknowledge that by buying these cheap china dashcams, you're basically taking a gamble by the way. Google for GS9000 on dashcamtalk and you can read horror stories as well as success stories. My tips is do your research before buying any dashcam so you know the pros and cons before buying. Also read up on processor types etc and don't fall for cheap prices on ebay as it might be fakes(yeap, fakes of china brands)

add: just added another sample that happened today

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Sep 22 2013, 03:30 AM
rollover
post Sep 22 2013, 08:08 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 21 2013, 12:08 PM)
Hi guys, plan to get a traffic recorder for all my cars. I've went through LYN's automotive garage but still not impressed with most of them. I'm looking for something with:

- Full HD videos, but good quality and better colours
- GPS showing speed
- look as stealthy as possible
- budget less than RM300 per unit.

Anyone can recommend me any unit or any shop i can visit to test it out. Thanks!
I personally use a Blackvue DR380HD. It's 720p only, however the video quality at night is excellent. It has even more features that I never thought about when buying a dashcam eg. parking mode, battery backup for recording when the engine is off etc.

Build quality is excellent, I've had it for 7 months without problems but the price is far too expensive in Malaysia for any dashcam as mentioned by someone already. I would like to get a cheap dashcam but from watching youtube the video quality at night is lower, plus from dashcamtalk forums etc. most of the cheap China made dashcams aren't very reliable (overheating etc.)

This is my own personal video at the KL-Putrajaya highway

This post has been edited by rollover: Sep 22 2013, 08:09 AM
winkiedilwy
post Sep 22 2013, 03:58 PM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Sep 21 2013, 05:07 PM)
been looking the same thing...
unfortunately this car DVR are consider new market in malaysia...
not many seller advertise their item online....
and many buyer i believed bought from china/taiwan/HK themself..
and pricing wise is much more cheaper than malaysia market because of their competitiveness and market demand

p/s:
btw..i found some seller with physical shop that i believe you can test out the product yourself
but currently they only sell one type of DVR
http://www.lelong.com.my/full-hd-1080p-car...7-01-Sale-I.htm
or you can search at aliexpress....but it still a RISK buying electronic product from oversea online seller
Unfortunately it is. Most people advertise online nowadays. But we would like to try it out first before purchase. There are lots of dashcam manufacturers out there, especially china and HK, but all they do is slap in a idunnowhat camera lens and that's it. Not really optimized for the proper usage.
winkiedilwy
post Sep 22 2013, 04:02 PM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 21 2013, 05:48 PM)
like sanadi recommend
i also recommend blackvue
blackvue also have cheaper models but NOT full HD...its 720p which for me is more than enough
or go papago..but also RM300 budget, impossible full HD
when its cheap and stated its "full HD"...they mean the size of the video is full HD, not the quality
I'm looking for something at least 720p, but has a good camera and video recording.
Some people recommend me to just get a second hand iPhone 4 and use it. doh.gif doh.gif

I saw BlackVue ones are good, but it's so expensive! And, no microphone?
winkiedilwy
post Sep 22 2013, 04:07 PM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(sanadi @ Sep 21 2013, 07:23 PM)
Recommend anyone who wants to buy a dashcam view this video

And read this guide:
http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-buying-guide/
Hmm... I know this guy. Some people said he sounds like James May.
I did watch his videos before, but he sounds like every single additional features on the dashcam is stupid. All you need is a camera lens and a screen. That's it.
winkiedilwy
post Sep 22 2013, 04:09 PM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(hengng @ Sep 21 2013, 10:14 PM)
Well, frankly speaking with less than RM300, I don't think you can get what you have listed above.  So, I advice is, try to topup to RM700-RM800, then you may have somethings you want.

I am currently using DOD LS300w, which is truly Full HD 1080P.
Please select 1080P for clearer picture.
http://youtu.be/7aFbBeUgXAs
Yours is not bad actually, but no audio?
700-800 is too much la. 300-400 only.
winkiedilwy
post Sep 22 2013, 04:15 PM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(maxovista @ Sep 21 2013, 10:42 PM)
hi, I am into these gadgets as well.......

Since you already set the budget around RM300, I guess you can only get a good camera recorder with reasonable quality on optical, but not with GPS ability. For a unit with GPS....the budget need to be up!  maybe twice as much...somewhere in Rm600 range!

user posted image
Mio Mivue 388

the image above shows MIO Mivue388......probably close to Rm600-700!** This unit has Full HD and GPS ability

But MIO also offers a lesser model ie Mio Mivue 338 and 358!

Basically, The Mio Mivue 338 has 720p resolution(around Rm300) and the Mio Mivue 358 Full HD!(Rm400)

Where to get it?  Ebay!

I currently using the Mivue338 and although it is just a 720p in resolution. I  compared to the WayWay V270 HD model found in local market(Rm229). The Mivue338 actually has better optical (wider angle) and better night time images!
The WayWay V270 HD although having full HD or 1080p resolution, the lens a bit distorted and night time recording is less detail and darker!

user posted image
Wayway V270

Other than image quality, we need also need to take note on file sizes.

at 720p the Mivu338e files averaging at 70MB (for 120seconds video), but WayWay V270 at similar resolution, the file is trice as big! Around 200MB ....

A small memory card such as the 8GB card is useless on wayway....due to its memory hungry nature!

In short, similar size SDCard can store less recorded videos on Wayway compared to the Mio Mivue devices!

Lastly, you need to look also on the the "buttons". Are they carefully layout? Are the buttons Easily to access and press in driving situation?

Plastic quality on MIO devices are great as well, suction cup and accessories(charger) are as good as Garmin product. The Wayway accessories on the other hand, are working fine but the quality is not as good as Mio!

Thats my personal review .... icon_rolleyes.gif

And below is the basic Mio Mivue338 look like:
user posted image
** since the Mio are sold at Ebay.....I couldnt give you a definite or reliable pricing! The prices keep on changing on day to day basis, please check them out regularly .....it may be lesser that what I said now!!!! thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Mivue 338 sounds great. I've watched the videos on YT, but the night shot isn't good. Very dark. Since you're using it can you post night shots here? From this video it looks so dark:

Plus, sometimes I'll take it off and use it as action camera and stuff.
wordtalks
post Sep 22 2013, 04:20 PM

ɾıɥƃɟǝpɔqɐŕ�

QUOTE(makaveli @ Sep 21 2013, 02:56 PM)

gopro where got less than RM300? doh.gif
cheapest I saw is RM800+, but normally more than 1k.. laugh.gif

for car camcorder, there is <RM300 most of the place got sell.
hengng
post Sep 22 2013, 06:32 PM

Getting Started

I purposely switched off the audio recording....

If RM300-400, I bet you gonna buy another new one soon or later....
maxovista
post Sep 22 2013, 08:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 22 2013, 04:15 PM)
thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif

Mivue 338 sounds great. I've watched the videos on YT, but the night shot isn't good. Very dark. Since you're using it can you post night shots here? From this video it looks so dark:

Plus, sometimes I'll take it off and use it as action camera and stuff.
No, I didnt keep samples of my night time driving videos! Wipe them off already....sorry doh.gif

Anyway, the YT sample that you post has similar quality or close enough on what I am having now.....wait until you see the China made devices night time recording! I tell you... very very dark! The video images are darker than the actual situation.

As for Mivue, I guess the device managed to capture as close as what you can see during night time driving!

(note: it was a good video sample, as it was dark and raining.....yet you can still recognize the white car passing at the junction)

268 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0762sec    1.98    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 03:19 AM