Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

voncrane
post Apr 9 2019, 10:21 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

Reverse parking in legendary thread.. smile.gif
voncrane
post Apr 17 2019, 11:13 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

Reverse park...
voncrane
post Apr 18 2019, 01:36 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Apr 18 2019, 10:17 AM)
What dashcam you have in mind bro?
One of blurjoey's budget recommendations... Thing is.. I'm still torn between having a rearward facing cam or not.. Between "messing up" looks and dealing with how to hide the cables. Currently I'm using a shade and like having a clean look out the glass. How would a cam there affect it.. Will I lose the shade too? and if I must.. then means I have to find time to tint the car properly too.. But can't do that yet.. cuz you know....In the midst of having that resolved amicably now.. So can't mess until it's all over..
voncrane
post Apr 18 2019, 10:55 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Apr 18 2019, 02:49 PM)
I understand your predicament bro. Best of luck on that issue.

I parallel park in this thread as am looking for a 2-channel dashcam to replace the mini 0906 which have been behaving erratically after the warranty period expired.  bangwall.gif
Considering the Viofo A129 or Thinkware X700 as they both have LCD screen which I consider as quite helpful when the missus is on the steering wheel.
At this time, Viofo would be the max I'd be willing to spend on cams.. Thinkware, etc level is just much for me to rationalize.

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 18 2019, 09:08 PM)
Don't think A119 v3 will be dual. Their dual is the A129 Duo d.
Wow.. There's a newer model coming.. It doesn't end huh.. What new goodies.. biggrin.gif
voncrane
post Apr 20 2019, 12:27 AM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 19 2019, 09:46 AM)
Thanks.. Looks longer, but more sleeker? That WM1.. wub.gif..
voncrane
post May 4 2019, 05:14 AM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(gugukrez @ May 3 2019, 05:54 PM)
Trying to get a budget dashcam and below is the finding

XiaoYi Yi Mirror DashCam
Xiaomi Mi Mijia Car Camera 1S
Xiaomi 70MAI PRO
XiaoYi Yi Car Dashcam

which one will be better? or any recommendation? budget below 300 but might top up if it interest me..

major concern is during driving time able to capture the plate number & BEST if parking time.. if kena hit will auto turn on but seem most of it dont have the feature.. lastly long life span.
IMO, since you are willing to topup.. Did you see page one? As for that parking mode feature, you'll have to pay more for that..
voncrane
post May 4 2019, 07:38 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ May 4 2019, 10:34 AM)
He wants long lifespan also. Those dashcam he listed out is not long life d 😂...
Means must increase budget... Can't have it all and cheap too.. laugh.gif
voncrane
post May 11 2019, 10:48 AM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ May 11 2019, 10:23 AM)
Reads like IROAD snatched his wife or daughter.. laugh.gif
voncrane
post May 30 2019, 01:40 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ May 30 2019, 11:43 AM)
Anyone wants to try?

[attachmentid=10256043]

voncrane
Boss like you.. so humble.. biggrin.gif
voncrane
post Jun 4 2019, 05:59 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Jun 4 2019, 05:21 PM)
I am just wondering, can we argue that we install the dashcam for our safety? Cause SC don't provide this dashcam service. We need to install that for safety which SC did not provide. If got accident, SC going to compensate, is it? Haha...can argue like this?
Nope, can't argue like that. IMO, car was sold as is and warranty promised as long as it remains as is. "Drastically" altering the car's default state can be used as an excuse to deny warranty. Either in part or in full. Some, even changing rims size equals warranty void. Cuz tires are important and several other car safety systems (like say AWD or torque control, etc) rely on tyre type and size... SC never say not to install dashcam, they just don't want it hardwired.. As some might install it wrongly and leads an electrical failure. Then you come claim warranty (they incur extra expenses) or worse, you get in an accident. Modern cars today do rely on plenty interconnected electrical stuff.
voncrane
post Jun 5 2019, 04:46 AM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(asil66 @ Jun 4 2019, 07:28 PM)
Thank you very much all sifus for sharing your knowledge!  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

@blurjoey I Googled the OBD port and that method seems simple and neat enough. But this is the first time I heard bout using OBD port to power the dashcam. Is there any catch with using this method / y isn't this method being used by many people?

@Winter@7 I only go to the shop to remove the hardwire when I need to claim warranty right? For normal servicing at the SC, no need right? scared they make note bout the hardwiring during servicing...  tongue.gif Do you have any recommendations on any good accesories shop which can do this within Klang Valley?
No, if strict enough, you have to remove it for every single visit to the SC. So better you learn how to remove and reconnect yourself. Cuz your car might break down suddenly, electrical fault and requires towing to the SC. Going to tow first to the shop to remove then only SC? Hassle.. smile.gif Like being said, some centers will take note of every single mod done on the car. Whether "plug n play" or not. All grounds to deny warranty claim should they desire.
voncrane
post Aug 4 2019, 11:14 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 3 2019, 10:11 PM)
I got a friend who installed A119S and A119v2 in his Subaru XV. You'll need to consider getting 2 micro SD cards also since you don't have issues with the power for the rear.

Or you can wait a bit as A129 Pro 4K is releasing soon in a few weeks. The front is 4K resolution and rear is 1080p resolution (can use either Duo rear cam or IR rear cam).
I wait so long liao.. Each time want to pull trigger, there's another incoming.. Hai... laugh.gif
voncrane
post Aug 13 2019, 11:29 AM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 13 2019, 11:28 AM)
Read the 1st post. Most of the info is there.
Welcome.. laugh.gif people work so hard to put up info.. Just read first to find out? Noooo..

This post has been edited by voncrane: Aug 13 2019, 11:30 AM
voncrane
post Aug 14 2019, 05:47 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 14 2019, 01:32 PM)
Viofo A129 Pro 4K test unit just arrived 😊

[attachmentid=10299641] [attachmentid=10299642]

Heavier than the A129 Duo/IR
QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 14 2019, 03:49 PM)
A129 Pro not officially launched yet by Viofo. Heard will be launched in a few weeks.

My test unit is the final version which the retail version will be based on.
Bla bla... Review mana.. I hope my wallet is ready.. laugh.gif
voncrane
post Aug 16 2019, 09:54 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 15 2019, 02:07 PM)
Fast-moving objects during night time are hard. Need to see.

Here's a sneak peek for this morning.

Hopefully, tonight don't capture any paranormals in the video recordings sweat.gif
Looks really good..

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 15 2019, 02:34 PM)
1080p to 2160p is a huge difference laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif Also the A129 Pro is on High Bitrate mode which will use more space also. There is a Maximum Bitrate mode which I will test tomorrow if tonight's recordings are done.

Normal as all dashcams will get warm/hot when in operation.

This A129 Pro I feel is hotter
sweat.gif

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 15 2019, 10:39 PM)
Another sneak peek.

No dashcams can capture clearly at night while moving fast
[attachmentid=10300339]

Unless slow down then it's clear
[attachmentid=10300340]
Not so bad.. But a bit disappoint..

QUOTE(Zaryl @ Aug 15 2019, 11:01 PM)
Perhaps in year 2020 there will be new sensor technology that can capture car plates clearly at night even when moving at 100km/h.

By then, keep up the good work reviewing dashcams. biggrin.gif
What wait till 2020.. It's already been here.. It's called Speed Trap... Going 160km/h, It's still capable of grabbing your plate and a shot of the driver too.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Aug 16 2019, 09:55 PM
voncrane
post Aug 16 2019, 10:53 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 16 2019, 10:35 PM)
Why disappointed?

But the speed trap is taking a photo only not video laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Disappoint cuz want to catch Road rage fella speeding past at night too.. but not a requirement.. Just being picky..

What is video if not still pictures moving fast.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Aug 16 2019, 10:53 PM
voncrane
post Aug 27 2019, 07:38 AM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 26 2019, 10:33 AM)
Hm... Checked my settings and seems the search bar was disabled. Have re-enabled. Thanks for notifying.

1. China firmware is in Chinese while International is in English. Also the Chinese have the eDog function which only works in China.

2. Yes, you can remove it from the mount. 70mai dashcam you can unscrew the hand screw and take it down. 70mai Pro is just sliding the 70mai Pro from the mount to take it down.

3. My current go-to micro SD card is the Samsung Evo Plus.

4. You can do either depending on your preference for 70mai and 70mai Pro.

5. Actually buying a premium dashcam like the Q800 Pro is not just to record a video when driving. More for the extra features like true parking mode, Extreme ADAS, Smart camera warning, cloud, etc. So it's an individual preference. The Q800 Pro is more of a discreet design. Anyway, I saw a few Yi dashcams got stolen more than heard Thinkware dashcams getting stolen.

Been seeing a lot of BMW or Benz or Civic Type R will only consider buying dashcams below rm300 but those who drive P2 will install premium Korean dashcams. Very confused by this actually. The above is not all the cars that I saw but I can say it is about 40-50% is like that.
IMO, most are "freebies" bundled in the deal by the car salesman.. Even the BMW Advanced Eye 2.0 costs about RM3K and you rarely see them bundle that in.. laugh.gif

voncrane
post Aug 27 2019, 07:07 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 27 2019, 10:01 AM)
I got a few "friends" who drive higher range cars and asked me if I'm selling off any of my dashcams for cheap.

Another friend who just got a new Civic Type R, was considering getting a dashcam for a few times but in the end, told me he cannot brain why spend 1k+ for a camera for a car. I even show him the video of the girl stealing the gold H emblem, he still tiada apa. I gave up d after he asked me for the 3rd time. I'm waiting for him to bang wall only now laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

This cam super big in size even the rear cam is the same size as the front cam. And I saw the video quality is so so only.  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Yeah.. I want to say it's perhaps the "kedekutness" that allows them to easily afford said higher price range cars? laugh.gif laugh.gif.. Nevertheless I agree, that BMW cam isn't RM3K worthy at all.. Same thing I tell some folks. You buy a dashcam and hope not to need it. But if you do, then you want a decent quality capture instead of a blur or "look like me, not me" situation.. smile.gif
voncrane
post Dec 1 2019, 11:20 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(ckk125 @ Nov 28 2019, 10:28 PM)
Hi guys,

I own a toyota camry.. it comes with a Toyota front dashcam from factory.. however, there is no rear dashcam.. any good dashcam to recommend? Budget ~ rm 500-600..

Previously i used viofo a119 for my old car.. but that was few years back.

Many thanks
Try the first page.. Forum etiquette la.. Always read through the first few and last pages to get a gist of what's happening. Info on there are very much still legit.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Dec 1 2019, 11:21 PM
voncrane
post Feb 20 2020, 05:48 AM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Feb 17 2020, 11:48 AM)
Idiot Jazz driver

Got more and more idiots like this on the roads. Simply hog the lane and refuse to leave, causing slow driving behind them. This case shows an even dense driver that simply stops despite being the problem in the first.. I hope he’s made to pay for all the damages plus additional financial compensation and have license taken away. ranting.gif

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Feb 17 2020, 02:03 PM)
Naise... Now the sucker need sold the jazz to pay the lambo bmw repair bill
Still won’t be enough.. laugh.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0300sec    0.51    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th May 2022 - 03:32 PM