Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

cute_boboi
post Apr 9 2019, 09:29 PM

° 忍 °
6,281 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 9 2019, 05:21 PM)
Have myself install with Iroad X9 and notice overall is not as clear as we seen from youtube footage. The video quality is not so clear as well and you can feel there is blurry on the video. I didn't notice much improvement on the video compares to my 2 years ago old Transcend dash cam video quality.

Another issue that I found is the windscreen reflection is too much for front and rear camera. I am wondering where can get the Polarizing filter to add-on the camera lens. Haha...this is my personal opinion.

I decide to take Iroad is due to the weather here in Malaysia is always too hot, and from review, Iroad has no problem on the heat. that's the reason there is a lot of Singaporean is using Iroad Dash Cam. Other than that is the Dash Cam stability.

But I truly disappointed for spending about RM13XX to get such low-quality video. My opinion is very personal. Just see any of Iroad X9 user here can share your thought too....

P/S: don't ever trust the youtube footage that all look very clear on the image and good color.  When you see clearly, it is like totally no windscreen reflection at all too.
1) you have to place the device with camera lens as close to the windscreen to prevent/reduce reflection. If you hang at rear view mirror there maybe big gap >1cm. I use suction cup on windscreen and the lens is <1cm to the windscreen.

2) check your model if it has polarized / filter add-on. e.g. my viofo A119 has CPL Filter add-on option.
icon_rolleyes.gif
cute_boboi
post Sep 19 2019, 12:41 PM

° 忍 °
6,281 posts

What is the difference on A119 v2 and v3 ? Can v2 be firmware upgradeable ?

Thinking to add hardwire kit for A119 v2
hmm.gif
cute_boboi
post Jan 26 2020, 10:09 AM

° 忍 °
6,281 posts

A119v2 is a good camera and high-res video that is very clear to look at the car plate number, have been using it for 1+ year. I installed as front and rear camera.

Check my signature, letting go A119v2 with GPS and CPL filter. Reason is change car that comes with new camera already
icon_rolleyes.gif

cute_boboi
post Jul 28 2020, 01:18 PM

° 忍 °
6,281 posts

QUOTE(wyh @ Jul 28 2020, 10:41 AM)
yeah i though of taking a front cam to use as Rear Cam.  sweat.gif
I did that few years ago, before affordable dual-dashcam but good quality enough are available. Viofo A119v2 front and back, car has cigarette socket at the boot/trunk area, so it is easy. Rear video quality is also top-notch at that time as compared to rear cam poorer resolution but affordable dual-cam.
Viofo A119v3 or A129 pro/duo do not exist yet at that time.

The rear cam cost was recovered when someone bump into me not long after that. sweat.gif

cute_boboi
post Sep 15 2020, 03:33 PM

° 忍 °
6,281 posts

QUOTE(alandhw @ Sep 15 2020, 12:15 PM)
I installed dashcam on the rear windscreen and found the video quality will be get effected whenever the windscreen (1)get misted in the morning, (2) get dirty.
Just think of could it be better if place at bumper car plate area.
You can try it out but it won't be able to capture properly at night when the rear car headlights is shining directly into your camera. The purpose to put it higher at rear windscreen is to capture it at an angle downwards without the headlights shining directly into it.

What car are you driving ? Normally those car comes with rear-wiper + fluid if the design is hatchback / SUV / van / flat-rear panel. A sedan car will not gather dirt easily on rear windscreen as comparison.

cute_boboi
post Sep 16 2020, 09:17 PM

° 忍 °
6,281 posts

QUOTE(alandhw @ Sep 15 2020, 04:17 PM)
Using Sedan car and the car expose to open area most of the time.
Maybe i need to wash the rear windscreen more frequent.
Meanwhile, the rear recording suppose display the car plate number in mirror way? or it suppose to display as normal orientation?
Clean it and put RainX, but can last for a week or so only if raining on most days. Else manual wipe with wet cloth daily. Sometimes I purposely just wipe a circle (20 cm) around the rear camera and leave the other dirt around. Can notice some cars will start to distance further away once they kind of see there is a rear camera pointing at their face.
Automatic deterrent.

cute_boboi
post Oct 8 2020, 10:13 PM

° 忍 °
6,281 posts

QUOTE(-kytz- @ Oct 8 2020, 01:16 PM)
Hi, is the Viofo A129 Plus Duo recommended? Might hardwire to the car...

It has wifi, does that mean I can connect to my phone and transfer the images? Viofo has an app as well?

https://www.viofo.com/en/home/197-152-a129-...module-included

Another question, for another car I already have 1 dashcam (Viofo A119), I want to add a camera for the rear, so I buy another A119?
I used to do that, bought a 2nd one to add-on. Both also A119v2 at that time. Ensure your car has cigarette socket or USB at the rear trunk, so you don't need to pull all the way from front.
Con is, two sets of standalone camera to manage separately.
Pro is cheaper cost (at least for me at that time) and higher quality rear video (at that time, don't even have affordable full HD rear dual-cam)

Both cameras sold to a LYN gentleman
icon_rolleyes.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0615sec    0.88    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th May 2022 - 03:01 PM