Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

Chrix
post Apr 12 2019, 08:50 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(Pugbunny @ Apr 12 2019, 07:56 AM)
Oh ya, forgot about the cable length. I will check it out. Thanks
Suggest tapping into a power source at the rear rather than run the cable to front no?
Chrix
post Apr 13 2019, 06:11 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 13 2019, 05:24 PM)
Thinner will damage the tint?
Paint thinner will damage your tint. It's used to remove tint haha
Chrix
post Apr 16 2019, 03:02 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

Another way is to get the suction cup mount. However there may be incompatibility in terms of the sizing of the dashcam's peg vs suction mount...but its noting that a hot glue gun cant solve. If your feeling DIY.

Plus side is u now have option to remove it at will with suction cup.

I've done the above for my B1W using my old ass suction mount from G1W days.

This post has been edited by Chrix: Apr 16 2019, 03:08 PM
Chrix
post Apr 17 2019, 08:24 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

I think the best solution for you guys may wait for new technology which can levitate your dashcam in thin air, as to ensure your tint is in pristine condition.

sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif

Anyway, I guess you could look into rear view mirror mount, but compatibility may be even more of an issue. But later your rear view mirror plastic got marred pulak whistling.gif
Chrix
post Apr 24 2019, 11:41 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 24 2019, 09:48 AM)
A friend's Yi Ultra dashcam aka Yi dashcam King Edition...

The battery got bloated till pushed the screen off the dashcam body...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

At least he now has adjustable pivot screen laugh.gif
Chrix
post May 28 2019, 09:39 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(nebula87 @ May 28 2019, 04:46 PM)
Yeah, got any bang-for-buck recommendation?
the BlueSkySea B1W is a popular capacitor based model to consider.

It also has strong manufacturer/dev support from the top dashcam forum.

Est RM200 for a unit.
Chrix
post May 31 2019, 08:37 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(sanfa @ May 30 2019, 08:28 PM)
I juust install the dual cam (front and rear) dashcam in my car.. but then i realised that after those installation, my radio reception (signal) become weaker.. what should i do in order to fix this issue?.
Im not completely sure this would resolve your issue, but try placing a ferriet core on the dashcam cable, nearer to the connector.

Chrix
post May 31 2019, 04:47 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ May 31 2019, 03:54 PM)
I see, that is the reason i am reluctant to get a dash cam few years as I cant stand seeing the dangling cables in my friend's car and also worried that any tampering my void my car's warranty.

Haha yeah, I will probably be too lazy to put the cam back on but at the same time worried about getting the windows smashed.
Cables dangling is cuz your friend too lazy to route properly, accessory/cig port is fine for powering your dashcam.

Consider this: what are the chances of the inconvenience of getting your window smashed VS capturing important incidents on the road for your own sake.
Chrix
post Jul 28 2019, 09:03 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(alandhw @ Jul 28 2019, 12:35 AM)
Usually, the dashcam will install hiden way or visible way? How to prevent it to attract the thief?
Boss, how does the camera function if its hidden away laugh.gif

At best is to get smaller size units, which does not look like a digicam from early 2000's, with chrome rims & bright colors.

Best prevention, leave RM20 nearby.. that would distract them. laugh.gif laugh.gif

But serious note; smaller units can be mounted behind the rear view mirror, making it more discreet. However you cant hide it if the person is looking for it, as it has to be somewhat visible in order to function.
Chrix
post Aug 1 2019, 09:09 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 31 2019, 11:50 PM)
Lukas nice!
I can appreciate that pun. thumbsup.gif
Chrix
post Aug 4 2019, 09:48 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(Calveez @ Aug 2 2019, 04:51 PM)
Thanks, just followed them (hoping to get good deals ahead) brows.gif  brows.gif
Its discounted on Alixpress now, IIRC RM17x for normal set, RM18x with hardwire.
Chrix
post Aug 7 2019, 03:16 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(Melto @ Aug 7 2019, 12:31 PM)
Hi, all sifus,
Anyone tried using "Your Third Eye" YTE from Taiwan?
Is it good, was recommended by my friend.
Hope some can enlighten me on this product.
Thanks
May record more than traffic during this month.
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Chrix
post Oct 15 2020, 03:27 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(persona93 @ Oct 15 2020, 02:43 PM)
Hi good afternoon all, would like to kindly ask this Dashcam from Honda good enough ah? laugh.gif

user posted image
At that price, rather get a reputable front only or dual cam.

Chrix
post Oct 21 2020, 09:25 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(replayx @ Oct 21 2020, 01:53 AM)
hi all, I just installed a dashcam that has parking mode. although it will cut off when the voltage drop to 12v. but I'm still worried if I few days didn't use the car, will the car unable to start? Does anyone know how many days a healthy battery can park with parking mode?
All reputable dashcam are power efficient, and only draws a very small amount when in parking mode. Thus in normal circumstances, it will not cause excessive drain from your battery.

Some has a cut off whenever it detects a bigger voltage drop from the batt, but this usually an external box/device which sits in between batt + and dashcam.

This is assuming there are no multiple other accessories which are directly connected to battery during engine-off situations.

How many days do you not start your vehicle?
Chrix
post Oct 21 2020, 01:55 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

Check the user manual, if they state the power draw when on parking mode.

E.g. B1W draws less 0.5mA when in parking mode, and less if Wi-Fi is turned off in parking mode. If I remember reading it correctly.
Chrix
post Dec 7 2020, 09:00 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(ykh @ Dec 7 2020, 12:21 AM)
Someone told me 70 mai can be used as a rear cam. Is this true?
The camera isnt aware of its position... you want to mount it at home with 12v also can.
Chrix
post Jan 6 2021, 02:20 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(Keatsan @ Jan 5 2021, 08:56 PM)
Recently bought a local seller Mola N3 with hardwire kit, and I notice the hardwire kit only has ACC (red cable) and GND (black cable).

It's from official DDPAI Malaysia.

https://s.lazada.com.my/s.cieTh

Hence I'm.not sure if the parking mode works or not. The APP doesn't display voltage but only the timeout of 15mins/3hrs/6/12/24hrs.

I didn't know there's a different variant of 2 wire kit and 3 wirekit for DDPAI.

Does anyone else here bought before ?
Then its the same as the USB power, just 12v & ground. It just needs constant power.

What does the user manual say about parking mode?, from my quick 1min google, it seems once the unit detect no movement for 15min, it auto move to parking mode with 1fps recording.
Chrix
post Jan 14 2021, 11:27 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(xtracooljustin @ Jan 14 2021, 10:39 AM)
Sample KR6S

Cant even capture number plates of cars just directly beside and in front.
Holy hell that is some crazy compression.

a quick google search shows video samples which are much better that what you provided. I'm wondering is there a setting to change the file recording type? If no, possible you go get a refund or replacement from where you purchased it, showing samples from youtube/etc.
Chrix
post Mar 15 2021, 06:48 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(coldbasecamp @ Mar 14 2021, 10:47 PM)
anyway to disable cabin sound recording?
Any decent unit will have this feature, please read the manual specific to your device, or just look at the app.

However recording audio maybe useful, say in the event you think that the camera may not clearly capture the plate, you can read it out thus making it easier & less guess work when reviewing the footage.

I had an incident where by motorcyclist shouted at driver side, cam obviously cant view...but knowing this, I opened the window abit to ensure the audio is clearer so it made a difference when I reported to police, clearly the incident was initiated by the other party. Also could hear the suspect try to smash my window with his motorcycle lock (surprised the 15year old glass did not take any damage), another evidence that the person started the assault ..all outside the view of the camera.
Chrix
post Mar 18 2021, 10:56 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(Nshade @ Mar 18 2021, 10:26 PM)
Aih.... i am stuck at installing the rear cam to my sedan car. Trying to figure out where to hide the extra length of my cable. I try to hide it at the back corner pillar but it is too long so the pillar cover unable to close.

Anyone has any tips? Most of i saw is how they hid it but never show where to hide the excessive cable length.
Instead of making a single large bundle of access cables tied together, split them into 2 or more sets. That way it wont take up that much space (rather, spread it over other areas)

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1343sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:50 PM