Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

Winter@7
post Apr 9 2019, 05:21 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Have myself install with Iroad X9 and notice overall is not as clear as we seen from youtube footage. The video quality is not so clear as well and you can feel there is blurry on the video. I didn't notice much improvement on the video compares to my 2 years ago old Transcend dash cam video quality.

Another issue that I found is the windscreen reflection is too much for front and rear camera. I am wondering where can get the Polarizing filter to add-on the camera lens. Haha...this is my personal opinion.

I decide to take Iroad is due to the weather here in Malaysia is always too hot, and from review, Iroad has no problem on the heat. that's the reason there is a lot of Singaporean is using Iroad Dash Cam. Other than that is the Dash Cam stability.

But I truly disappointed for spending about RM13XX to get such low-quality video. My opinion is very personal. Just see any of Iroad X9 user here can share your thought too....

P/S: don't ever trust the youtube footage that all look very clear on the image and good color. When you see clearly, it is like totally no windscreen reflection at all too.

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 9 2019, 05:23 PM
Winter@7
post Apr 10 2019, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(cute_boboi @ Apr 9 2019, 09:29 PM)
1) you have to place the device with camera lens as close to the windscreen to prevent/reduce reflection. If you hang at rear view mirror there maybe big gap >1cm. I use suction cup on windscreen and the lens is <1cm to the windscreen.

2) check your model if it has polarized / filter add-on. e.g. my viofo A119 has CPL Filter add-on option.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I can't do anything with the camera distance as it is fix and unable to adjust. It is using double sided tape and is with a fixed base as well. No choice lor...haha.
Polarized lens should able to solve the issue, but so far I can see there is for blackvue model. After use for a while sure will don't have any feeling anymore. tongue.gif

Winter@7
post Apr 10 2019, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 10 2019, 09:52 AM)
Not sure if you can get this or other CPL filters from Aliexpress and mod to your X9. CPL filter can help reduce the reflections a bit.

https://www.edr-auto.fr/shop/en/28-filtres-polarisants

But do be careful as iRoad is known to have issues like lens out of focus, lens blur and wifi dongle burnt. Last time they have a recall for their previous models before.

Youtube actually lowers the video quality from the original video after upload laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Actually, you paid rm1k+++ for full-featured Korean dashcam not just for the video quality.

There is saying that goes "A Higher Price ≠ Better Video Quality" laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Now Thinkware is more hot selling in Singapore. Before was Blackvue and iRoad.
No choice, since already get it and then use it until it can't work anymore. If there is a Polarized lens can be found, will be consider to trying on it. hmm.gif

I mean when I see from youtube footage showing the video shoot using X9 is superb clear. But the reality is so so to me. No surprised for the money I spend.
Now just hope the overall built is tahan lasak and can tahan the sunlight heat. My previous cam can auto off if too hot or memory card will suddenly can't read as well. Maybe cannot tahan too hot. vmad.gif

Everyone also assumes higher price and expectations for a higher video quality, otherwise why we have to pay more right? whistling.gif
Agree Blackvue and Thinkware is in the trend now, and also Marbella? cool2.gif

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 10 2019, 04:52 PM
Winter@7
post Apr 13 2019, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Any idea to completely remove the sticky from Dash Cam double sided Mounting Pad on windscreen? I try to remove my old dash cam and the sticky still there. I had try using WD40 and Sticker removal chemical but yet still there. Please share if any of taikor her have better way. Thanks!!
Winter@7
post Apr 13 2019, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 12 2019, 07:11 PM)
i know that...iroad more highend product, < from quality perpective ?
but from video quality its not lol
I agree with you. The video is just so so and I feel few hundred dash cam can do better.
I feel i been cheat from review the iroad footage. bruce.gif
Winter@7
post Apr 13 2019, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 13 2019, 04:36 PM)
I use thinner to remove those gum from the road tax sticker that stuck onto the windscreen.
Thinner will damage the tint?
Winter@7
post Apr 13 2019, 05:26 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 13 2019, 03:45 PM)
LOL.. I didn't expect can get 100% from their footage as mostly was fake record by dslr or super high end vcam
Just like phone cam advertisements...

But honestly. Feel like x9 it just sub par based on its price.
I never expect it will be exactly like the footage, but at least 70% shall be good. However it is not. Haha.. tongue.gif
Just hope it will be more stable and reliable. My previous dash cam always hang, shut down or the memory card will show error after long time drive. bangwall.gif
Winter@7
post Apr 13 2019, 09:17 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 13 2019, 03:45 PM)
Goo gone from Ace hardware and if still can't, get dental floss mix with goo gone
By the way, how dental floss apply?
Winter@7
post Apr 15 2019, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 15 2019, 10:11 AM)
Some tints might not withstand thinner. Might get damaged.

Another way is to heat the tape mount with a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the glue first so can easily pull off the windscreen. Parking in the hot sun for a few hours also does the same.

After that use clear acrylic double sided tape to mount. Strong and easier to peel off.
I had completely remove the double sided tape from the windscreen. the problem I facing now is the sticky mark still on the windscreen. I am trying many ways to get rid of it as I see liao I beh song. Haha...
Maybe get some petrol to wipe it off. Not sure if it works or damages the tint.

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 15 2019, 10:45 AM
Winter@7
post Apr 15 2019, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 15 2019, 11:11 AM)
How about alchohol wipe? Or Googone?

I know some essential oil does the trick also like WD40. So does hand sanitizer gel espcecially those from hospital. laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
So, maybe I have to try to get some petrol today. Petrol should not as sharp as Thinner (I guess). You sure Sanitizer gel help? My house should got the dettol 1.

QUOTE(ckweng @ Apr 15 2019, 11:18 AM)
Possible to try using any adhesive tape to stick-and-peel repeatedly, especially after your car has been out under the sun for some time (when windscreen is hot)?
Nothing to peel now. Is only left the adhesive mark. I try to snap some photo later.

Winter@7
post Apr 15 2019, 06:13 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Apr 15 2019, 11:37 AM)
So, maybe I have to try to get some petrol today. Petrol should not as sharp as Thinner (I guess). You sure Sanitizer gel help? My house should got the dettol 1.
Nothing to peel now. Is only left the adhesive mark. I try to snap some photo later.
Here is the sticky mark that I refering to. Tak tahan when I see that. Have to get rid of it. Tonight will try nail polish alchohol and sanitizer gel.

user posted image
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 15 2019, 11:54 PM)
Tried goo gone yet?
I had try using Sticker Removal chemical that I bought from hardware shop last time, addition with glass cleaner, nail removal, and Dettol hand sanitizer. Look like damn Kiasu right?
I didn't get the Goo gone as I feel probably it will be similar to the sticker removal I use.

The result still visible, really don't have idea or maybe don't have a passion to work on it. When you rub with the chemical, the sticky will feel like melting, but it very fast will dry up. When it dry, the sticky will become hard and stay at the position again. Just worry the most I do, the position grow bigger. mad.gif ranting.gif vmad.gif

Will try to go to car detailing shop to see whether they can make it disappear. icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 16 2019, 12:09 PM
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 12:12 PM)
whoa this is too much of effort liao. cannot leave it there?
Haha...damn TL liao. don't want to do liao. Leave it there lor. Or just go change front windscreen Tint saja senang. Waste my 1 week time to settle this shit. vmad.gif vmad.gif
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 12:26 PM)
maybe you got OCD, thats why cannot stand  that thing being there.
what is OCD?
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 04:41 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 12:30 PM)
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
you cannot stand things that are not in your controllable sight, etc.
I still can live with that. Not until OCD level yet. Just think to try it out and wanna make it back to perfect only. thumbup.gif

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 16 2019, 01:18 PM)
What tint film you have on your car that you are afraid to use thinner to clean the glue?
Maybe you ask the tinting shop whether you can use thinner on their tint film.
Pity you, spent so much still cannot get the glue out.
Yes, pity me to try out so many kinds of method. But all the chemical is left over previously. Not purposely go to buy that.
Just not sure the thinner will wash off the color of the tint. I know it might not damage the tint paper, but my concern is the coating. cool2.gif

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 01:46 PM)
Want to try Meg's PlastX? If you're in Cheras area, I can give you some to try laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Is ok Bro...we are too far away. No problem, keep on trying until it damage. tongue.gif
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 10:20 AM)
i previously use xiaomi dashcam, around 200 bucks or something, installed myself on my previous car.

it was mounted directly onto the windscreen with the original 3m double side tape came together with the dashcam. After a couple of years, sold the car, trying hard to remove the mount, couldn't and it stick to the windscreen (with tint) too hard, so end up remove it forcefully and ended up leaving a hole on the tint.

After getting a new car, got myself a 3m double side tape from taobao, was trying to install it onto the new car that has windscreen too. fear of the same damage, i then use the roadtax sticker that is self adhesive to the windscreen as the middle layer in between the tint and the double side tape, but mana tau, it didn't work as great as applying it directly.

What solutions you guys can suggest me? i don't wanna leave a hole on the tint on the new car.
I think you can stick a pcs of transparent stickers like the road tax plastic sticker or next service plastic quality, or something like tint can cut to size maybe slightly bigger than the 3M tape area. Tape it nicely and it should work.
Otherwise you will end up like me seeking for help here or to think of way to getting rid of those sticky residue whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif
Winter@7
post Apr 16 2019, 05:29 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 16 2019, 05:15 PM)
Will the suction damage the tint film (suck the tint film out of the windscreen)?
My experience with suction cup is, it will not hold and easily get loose when it is under a hot sun for quite some time. Maybe due to the suction cup rubber turn harder.
No issue and will not damage the tint....

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 16 2019, 05:30 PM
Winter@7
post Apr 17 2019, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 17 2019, 11:02 AM)
I have 64gb iroad card in the box, if me wanna upgrade 128gb.
What card I can get in malaysia?
I am using 128GB Samsung Evo Plus in my X9. So far no issue yet. bought at RM9X @ Shopee. The other you can try is Sandisk Ultra A1.
High Endurace for sure is good, but you have to see the price.
Winter@7
post Apr 17 2019, 02:13 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 12:04 PM)
Hahahaha... How I wish... Some cars do have USB ports... Anyway most SC will tell you install dashcam will void your car warranty. Only theirs won't void warranty.
As long as no wire cut. If by the time anything goes wrong and require to claim from SC, then remove everything you install in accessories shop before you go for the claim. They have no reason can know what you did before.
Winter@7
post Apr 17 2019, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 12:51 PM)
My ciggie port spoilt and SC blamed the USB charger I used cause it. Cannot claim warranty. Have to pay to replace the ciggie port in my car.

Until now still using the same USB charger by Aukey.
You should ask your SC is the car cigg port is for display only. Cannot use on certain charger? Stupid SC. bangwall.gif
Or SC should list out what brand can use what brand cannot use in user manual. It dosen't make sense at all.

This post has been edited by Winter@7: Apr 17 2019, 04:27 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0765sec    1.12    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 06:30 AM