Click here to my main blog to read my article Important Announcement - Maybank Credit Cards and Enrich Miles Conversion.
Enrich Miles Up To 50% Discount Effective 16 Feb 2015 until 13 March 2015, link posted by shahr04360.
Cash Back credit cards are great especially those rewarding us with 5% cash rebate but most of them have a monthly cap. And if we have credit cards that reward us 5X points for every ringgit spend, besides redeeming for cash vouchers, we can consider redeeming our reward points for "FREE" air ticket especially when Malaysia Airline has a promotion on Enrich Miles. However, you are still required to pay for airport taxes and whatever fees.
So first I will start off with cards that reward us 5X points for more.
Cards that earn you 5X points or more for Local Transactions:
1. Maybankard 2 American Express - 5X Teats Points everyday for any type of transactions.
2. Maybankard Petronas Visa - 5X to 8X Treats Points for Petrol and Groceries.
3. American Express Gold Credit Card (without Maybankard Logo) - 5X Membership Reward points for selected transactions, i.e. Petrol, Groceries, Cathay Cineplex, GSC and Bookstores.
4. American Express Platinum Credit Card and Platinum Charge Card (both without Maybank Logo) - 5X Membership Reward points for selected transactions, i.e. Petrol, Groceries, Cathay Cineplex, GSC and Bookstores and 10X Membership Reward points with Platinum Partners.
5. HSBC limited time promotion for their Visa Signature or Premier World MasterCard - 5X at selected merchants/shopping mall (not a standard card feature but limited time promotion with T&C).
Cards that earn you 5X points or more for Overseas Transactions:
1. Maybankard 2 American Express (but be-warned, the conversion rate is minimum 2.5%, please read T&C).
2. Maybank Visa Infinite - 5X Treats Points.
3. Alliance Bank Visa infinite - 5X Timeless Bonus Points.
4. Standard Chartered Bank Visa Infinite - 5x reward points.
5.UOB Visa Infinite - 5X UniRinggit with every Ringgit spend.
6. HSBC Visa Signature and Premier World MasterCard - 10X reward points for hotel and dining with T&C including monthly cap.
And the best credit card to earn you Enrich Miles from both LOCAL and overseas spending is with the Maybank 2 Cards Premier American Express Reserve.
Click here to read my article titled Maybank 2 Cards Premier - Comprehensive Review of The No.1 Best Credit Card in Malaysla and Possibly The World too. Spend RM0.90 anywhere on earth with it and you will earn yourself 1 Enrich Mile or Kris Flyer Mile.
Did I miss out any cards offered by commercial banks offering 5X points for every Ringgit spend? Do post if I did and I will update above when I am free.
And then there are cards that earns you Enrich Miles instead of reward points with your spending:
1. Maybank World MasterCard - 1 Enrich Mile for every RM2 spent locally and RM1 spend overseas.
2. CIMB Enrich World MasterCard and Platinum MasterCard - 1.5 Enrich Mile for every RM6 spent locally and 2 Enrich Mile for every RM4 spent overseas. And for every RM1 spend with Malaysia Airline Online Purchase, you earn 1 Enrich Mile.
Now comes the conversion in term of Ringgit Spend in ascending order:
1. Maybank Visa Infinite and Maybank AMEX RESERVE - 4500 Treats Points = 1000 Enrich Mile. So with 5XTP for overseas, it works out to be RM0.90 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.
2. Maybank World MasterCard - 1 Enrich Mile for every RM2 spent locally and RM1 spend overseas.
3. American Express (without Maybank Logo) - 5600 Membership Reward points = 1000 Airmiles. So with 5X MR for selected local trasactions, it works out to RM1.12 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.
4. UOB Visa Infinite - 6000 UniRinggit = 1000 Enrich Miles. So with 5X UniRiggit for overseas, it works out to RM1.20 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.
4. Alliance Bank - 6000 Timeless Bonus Points = 1000 Enrich Miles. So with 5X TBP for overseas, it works out to be RM1.20 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.
6. Maybankard 2 Cards and Petronas Visa - 10,000 Treats Points = 1000 Enrich Mile (Effective 1 March 2015). So with RM1 = 5XTP, it works out to RM2 spent = 1 Enrich Mile.
7. CIMB Enrich WMC and Platinum works out to be RM4 spent locally and RM2 spend overseas = 1 Enrich Mile.
8. HSBC Visa Signature and World MasterCard - 3000 Reward Points = 1000 Enrich Mile (not necessary as T&C apply). So it works out to be RM3 spend = 1 Enrich Mile. And HSBC claims to have the best Enrich Miles conversion rate in town!!!! I did not take into consideration of the 5x and 10X Reward Point Promotion because it has a monthly cap besides the limited time offer.
9. Standard Chartered Bank Visa Infinite - 43,000 Points = 1000 Enrich Miles (as of 8th December 2012). So with 5X overseas, it works out to be RM8.60 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.
So from the above, it can be concluded:
for unlimited spending and for any type of transactions locally, the best is Maybank 2 Cards Premier AMEX RESERVE where by spending RM0.90 you earn 1 Enrich Mile. If one is unable to qualify for Premium CC, then the MBB 2 Cards AMEX is the best at RM2 spending = 1 EM.
for unlimited spending and for any type of transactions overseas, the best is Maybankard Visa Infinite and Maybank 2 Cards Premier AMEX RESERVE/Visa Infinite Combo where by spending RM0.90 you earn 1 Enrich Mile.
However, even with 5X Treats Points, it may not necessary means that redeeming for Enrich Miles is better in terms of cash value as compared to redeeming for cash vouchers. And we all know that Maybank offer the best value where we need the least points to redeem for cash vouchers as compared to other banks. You see, we still need to pay airport taxes and whatever other fees when we use our Enrich Miles to redeem for "FREE" air ticket with Malaysia Airlines. For example, it cost me RM1140 to redeem a return flight to Melbourne.
Click here to read my article New Toshiba i5 for RM999 with Maybankard On The Spot Redemption and Enrich Miles Redemption to get an idea if it is more worthwhile to redeem cash voucher or Enrich Miles.
So when is the best time you redeem your Enrich Miles? It's when Malaysia Airline is offering some kind of promotion.
And here are more tips for you:
1. For Maybank, we can simply call Customer Service to redeem our Treats Points to Enrich Miles and ususally it should be credited into our Enrich Account withing 7 days.
2. We can use our Enrich Miles in our account to redeem ticket online for our loved one. If you do it by phone via Enrich Customer Service, very troublesome, need to go to selected MA counter(s) and with a letter somemore.
3. We can convert out MBB Treats Points to Enrich Miles credited into anyone's Enrich Account by simply calling MBB Customer Service
UPDATE 10 April 2015
Ladies and gentlemen,
It gives me utmost pleasure to announce that I have just published my most comprehensive tutorial ever on how to fly Business Class for FREE from our credit card transactions.
With the recent inflated Enrich Miles and Maybank Treats Points Redemption Program, I thought I should do some research on how to optimize the returns from my credit cards. And every time I educate myself, you guys benefit from my hard work as I will share with you my findings.
If you take this tutorial of mine, you will learn that if you spend about RM2K per month, within 2 years you''ll be able to fly Business Class to London sooner than you would ever imagine.
All in all, there are 21 lessons plus a bonus lesson in my comprehensive tutorial on how one can get a “FREE” Business Class ticket from his/her credit cards usage.
Once again, this tutorial of mine is really comprehensive and since most of you are busy working on weekdays, it it best you take the tuition part time over the next few weekends when you are in a relax mode so that your brain can adsorb the materials presented.
Click here to read my Comprehensive Tutorial On Earning Enrich Miles with Credit Cards to start learning how you can fly Business Class for “FREE” starting this weekend - that is if you got time to waste reading and enjoy reading my freaking long articles.
This post has been edited by Gen-X: Apr 10 2015, 12:02 PM