Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Malaysia Airline Enrich Miles, Get the best bang from your CC points :)

Gen-X
post Dec 19 2012, 11:18 PM

Lifetime LYN Member
Group: Senior Member

Cash Back credit cards are great especially those rewarding us with 5% cash rebate but most of them have a monthly cap. And if we have credit cards that reward us 5X points for every ringgit spend, besides redeeming for cash vouchers, we can consider redeeming our reward points for "FREE" air ticket especially when Malaysia Airline has a promotion on Enrich Miles. However, you are still required to pay for airport taxes and whatever fees.

So first I will start off with cards that reward us 5X points for more.

Cards that earn you 5X points or more for Local Transactions:

1. Maybankard 2 American Express - 5X Teats Points everyday for any type of transactions.
2. Maybankard Petronas Visa - 5X to 8X Treats Points for Petrol and Groceries.
3. American Express Gold Credit Card (without Maybankard Logo) - 5X Membership Reward points for selected transactions, i.e. Petrol, Groceries, Cathay Cineplex, GSC and Bookstores.
4. American Express Platinum Credit Card and Platinum Charge Card (both without Maybank Logo) - 5X Membership Reward points for selected transactions, i.e. Petrol, Groceries, Cathay Cineplex, GSC and Bookstores and 10X Membership Reward points with Platinum Partners.
5. HSBC limited time promotion for their Visa Signature or Premier World MasterCard - 5X at selected merchants/shopping mall (not a standard card feature but limited time promotion with T&C).

Cards that earn you 5X points or more for Overseas Transactions:

1. Maybankard 2 American Express (but be-warned, the conversion rate is minimum 2.5%, please read T&C).
2. Maybank Visa Infinite - 5X Treats Points.
3. Alliance Bank Visa infinite - 5X Timeless Bonus Points.
4. Standard Chartered Bank Visa Infinite - 5x reward points.
5.UOB Visa Infinite - 5X UniRinggit with every Ringgit spend.
6. HSBC Visa Signature and Premier World MasterCard - 10X reward points for hotel and dining with T&C including monthly cap.

And the best credit card to earn you Enrich Miles from both LOCAL and overseas spending is with the Maybank 2 Cards Premier American Express Reserve.

Click here to read my article titled Maybank 2 Cards Premier - Comprehensive Review of The No.1 Best Credit Card in Malaysla and Possibly The World too. Spend RM0.90 anywhere on earth with it and you will earn yourself 1 Enrich Mile or Kris Flyer Mile.

Did I miss out any cards offered by commercial banks offering 5X points for every Ringgit spend? Do post if I did and I will update above when I am free.

And then there are cards that earns you Enrich Miles instead of reward points with your spending:

1. Maybank World MasterCard - 1 Enrich Mile for every RM2 spent locally and RM1 spend overseas.
2. CIMB Enrich World MasterCard and Platinum MasterCard - 1.5 Enrich Mile for every RM6 spent locally and 2 Enrich Mile for every RM4 spent overseas. And for every RM1 spend with Malaysia Airline Online Purchase, you earn 1 Enrich Mile.

Now comes the conversion in term of Ringgit Spend in ascending order:

1. Maybank Visa Infinite - 4500 Treats Points = 1000 Enrich Mile. So with 5XTP for overseas, it works out to be RM0.90 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.

2. Maybank World MasterCard - 1 Enrich Mile for every RM2 spent locally and RM1 spend overseas.

3. American Express (without Maybank Logo) - 5600 Membership Reward points = 1000 Airmiles. So with 5X MR for selected local trasactions, it works out to RM1.12 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.

4. UOB Visa Infinite - 6000 UniRinggit = 1000 Enrich Miles. So with 5X UniRiggit for overseas, it works out to RM1.20 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.

4. Alliance Bank - 6000 Timeless Bonus Points = 1000 Enrich Miles. So with 5X TBP for overseas, it works out to be RM1.20 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.

6. Maybankard 2 Cards and Petronas Visa - 7000 Treats Points = 1000 Enrich Mile. So with RM1 = 5XTP, it works out to RM1.40 spent = 1 Enrich Mile.

7. CIMB Enrich WMC and Platinum works out to be RM4 spent locally and RM2 spend overseas = 1 Enrich Mile.

8. HSBC Visa Signature and World MasterCard - 3000 Reward Points = 1000 Enrich Mile. So it works out to be RM3 spend = 1 Enrich Mile. And HSBC claims to have the best Enrich Miles conversion rate in town!!!! I did not take into consideration of the 5x and 10X Reward Point Promotion because it has a monthly cap besides the limited time offer.

9. Standard Chartered Bank Visa Infinite - 43,000 Points shakehead.gif = 1000 Enrich Miles (as of 8th December 2012). So with 5X overseas, it works out to be RM8.60 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.

So from the above, it can be concluded:

for unlimited spending and for any type of transactions locally, the best is Maybankard 2 AMEX where by spending RM1.40 you earn 1 Enrich Mile. If one is unable to qualify for Premium CC, then the MBB 2 Cards AMEX is the best too for overseas usage.

for unlimited spending and for any type of transactions overseas, the best is Maybankard Visa Infinite where by spending RM0.90 you earn 1 Enrich Mile. And more importantly, Maybank Visa and MasterCard overseas conversion rate is amongst the lowest in town.

However, even with 5X Treats Points, it may not necessary means that redeeming for Enrich Miles is better in terms of cash value as compared to redeeming for cash vouchers. And we all know that Maybank offer the best value where we need the least points to redeem for cash vouchers as compared to other banks. You see, we still need to pay airport taxes and whatever other fees when we use our Enrich Miles to redeem for "FREE" air ticket with Malaysia Airlines. For example, it cost me RM1140 to redeem a return flight to Melbourne.

Click here to read my article New Toshiba i5 for RM999 with Maybankard On The Spot Redemption and Enrich Miles Redemption to get an idea if it is more worthwhile to redeem cash voucher or Enrich Miles.

So when is the best time you redeem your Enrich Miles? It's when Malaysia Airline is offering some kind of promotion.

And here are more tips for you:

1. For Maybank, we can simply call Customer Service to redeem our Treats Points to Enrich Miles and ususally it should be credited into our Enrich Account withing 7 days.
2. We can use our Enrich Miles in our account to redeem ticket online for our loved one. If you do it by phone via Enrich Customer Service, very troublesome, need to go to selected MA counter(s) and with a letter somemore.
3. We can convert out MBB Treats Points to Enrich Miles credited into anyone's Enrich Account by simply calling MBB Customer Service thumbup.gif

Clck here to read my article on Enrich Miles. In this article I will show you how you can get up to 19% equivalent cash back with the right credit card. And it also compares premier credit card like Maybank Visa Infinite versus UOB Visa Infinite versus Alliance Bank Visa Infinite versus Standard Chartered Bank Visa Infinite versus Citibank PremierMiles American Express and Visa Signature. Also includes a review of the Standard Chartered Bank WorldMiles MasterCard.
user posted image

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Mar 20 2014, 11:45 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Dec 19 2012, 11:18 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

user posted image

Click here to read my article titled My Son Is Going To The USA on Business Class Again. In this article I will show you how you can get returns in the 2 digit range, i.e. xx%, from Maybank Credit Cards and that includes the Entry Level Gold Maybankard 2 Cards.

user posted image

I did published an article on my Visa Infinite cards offering 5X reward points and comparing the Enrich Miles Conversion Rate between Alliance Visa Infinite vs Maybank Visa Infinite vs UOB Bank VI. click here to read my article titled GenX's 5X Reward Points Visa Infinite Cards with Priority Pass Membership Card.

user posted image

Previously in my article My Son Is Going to The USA Again on Business Class, I have shown that we get equivalent cash back up to 19.19% and 12.33% when we redeem Malaysia Airline Business Class ticket using the Enrich Miles converted from the Treats Points earned with the Maybank Visa Infinite and Maybankard 2 Cards respectively.

When Enrich Miles is offering 50% discount, the equivalent "cash back" we earn from using the Maybank Visa Infinite and Maybankard 2 Cards increases to 30.88% and % respectively. To learn more about how to maximize utilizing your credit cards Rewards Points, click here to read my article Enrich Miles Is Fantastic with Maybankard Visa Infintie 5X Treats Points.

user posted image

Click here to read my comprehensive review of the Maybank 2 Cards Premier - American Express Reserve and Visa Infinite Combo.

The article/review covers the followings:

1. Why I wanted the Maybank 2 Cards Premier;

2. Real life image of my new Maybank 2 Cards Premier American Express Reserve and Visa Infinite beside my old stand alone Maybankard Visa Infinite. Of course the cards numbers' have been photoshop by yours truly;

3. Standard Card Benefits of both the AMEX Reserve and Visa Infinite;

4. Why the Maybank 2 Cards Premier has the best returns compared to any other credit card in the market;

5. Maybank 2 Cards Premier is the BEST Credit Card in The World. Reason being there is no other credit card with annual income requirement of USD60K/year that earns you 1 Enrich Mile for every USD0.30 spent anywhere on planet earth;

6. What you should do if you hold a Maybank Credit Card;

7. How to go about converting your Treats Points to Enrich Miles;

8. Foreign currency exchange rate, you will be surprised to find out that my AMEX has a better conversion rate compared to all my other Visa Infinites;

9. Places that accept AMERICAN EXPRESS;

10. Where to apply for the Maybank 2 Cards Premier; and

much more other related stuff.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Mar 21 2014, 12:50 PM
+Quote Post
sochaiapk
post Dec 20 2012, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

As usual great info from Gen-X. Thanks.
MAS will join the One World Alliance in Feb '13.
Which means, the enrich point can be used to redeem tickets of other alliance member. Currently, MAS does not fly to New York but other alliance members do (e.g. Cathay).

+Quote Post
hye
post Dec 20 2012, 01:50 PM

White Tiger
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(sochaiapk @ Dec 20 2012, 01:00 PM)
Which means, the enrich point can be used to redeem tickets of other alliance member. Currently, MAS does not fly to New York but other alliance members do (e.g. Cathay).
Quality stuff from Gen-X, I agree.
Slightly off topic. It'll be interesting to see the transformation of the Enrich programme (e.g. Membership Tiers) as well once the One World Alliance kicks in.

I believe this is why MBB is now offering unlimited PP to its WMC instead of the Enrich Silver with Lounge Access.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
b00n
post Dec 20 2012, 02:36 PM

delusional
Group Icon
Group: Staff

How about Premier Miles point conversion?
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Dec 20 2012, 03:09 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(sochaiapk @ Dec 20 2012, 01:00 PM)
As usual great info from Gen-X. Thanks.
Thank you for the info, I guess that is good because my son just flew in with Cathay Pacific from US yesterday. Buying ticket from US kind of expensive. Next year I got more options smile.gif

QUOTE(hye @ Dec 20 2012, 01:50 PM)
Quality stuff from Gen-X, I agree.
Slightly off topic. It'll be interesting to see the transformation of the Enrich programme (e.g. Membership Tiers) as well once the One World Alliance kicks in.

I believe this is why MBB is now offering unlimited PP to its WMC instead of the Enrich Silver with Lounge Access.
Thank you Bro.

I think MBB change the WMC to PP because no one wants to pay the annual fees, haha - speculating lah.

QUOTE(b00n @ Dec 20 2012, 02:36 PM)
How about Premier Miles point conversion?
Better than SCB laugh.gif For Citi PremierMiles, last time I work it it out to be RM4.11 spent = 1 Enrich Mile in my article on Premier Credit Cards - Privilege and Exclusive Credit Cards.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Sep 12 2013, 12:25 AM
+Quote Post
MilesAndMore
post Dec 20 2012, 05:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Dec 20 2012, 03:09 PM)
Thank you for the info, I guess that is good because my son just flew in with Cathay Pacific from US yesterday. Buying ticket from US kind of expensive. Next year I got more options  smile.gif
Slightly off-topic... If you son is always flying on the lowest Economy Class fare bracket on Cathay Pacific (N, O, Q, S), ask him to join British Airways Executive Club and use that. Cathay Pacific Asia Miles doesn't give any miles on any of the mentioned Economy Class fare bracket (N, O, Q, S). And one requires less British Airways Executive Club miles to redeem for a ticket on Cathay Pacific (yes, even Cathay Pacific own Asia Miles needs more miles compared to BA Executive Club to redeem a ticket on a CX operated flight).

+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Dec 20 2012, 07:20 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Dec 20 2012, 05:54 PM)
Slightly off-topic... If you son is always flying on the lowest Economy Class fare bracket on Cathay Pacific (N, O, Q, S), ask him to join British Airways Executive Club and use that. Cathay Pacific Asia Miles doesn't give any miles on any of the mentioned Economy Class fare bracket (N, O, Q, S). And one requires less British Airways Executive Club miles to redeem for a ticket on Cathay Pacific (yes, even Cathay Pacific own Asia Miles needs more miles compared to BA Executive Club to redeem a ticket on a CX operated flight).
Thanks Bro for the info. Well, actually he doesn't care which airline he flies with but which airline got ticket for him to get home based on his wanted dates and at reasonable cost and least transits. Last two years he flew with SG and UA but need to stop over in SG. With Cathay he only has to transit in HK and then straight to KLIA. The thing he he always book last minute as he waits till his final exam dates are out so he knows what day is his last day of examination.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Dec 20 2012, 07:22 PM
+Quote Post
Williamckh64
post Dec 22 2012, 08:48 PM

Getting Started

If wanted to transfer to enrich from credit card reward points.. I think rub travel money credit card is the best.. I've made a transfer to enrich 5k points with only 18k points from rhb bank... Check it out at rhb bank travel money credit card
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Dec 22 2012, 10:13 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(Williamckh64 @ Dec 22 2012, 08:48 PM)
If wanted to transfer to enrich from credit card reward points.. I think rub travel money credit card is the best.. I've made a transfer to enrich 5k points with only 18k points from rhb bank... Check it out at rhb bank travel money credit card
Well, actually, for RHB Travel Money Credit Card 1750 points = 500 Enrich Miles. For other RHB cards it's 3000 points = 500 Enrich Miles.

for 1X Reward Points that's RM3.50 spent = 1 Enrich Mile; and
for 2X Reward Points for selected transactions, that works out to be RM1.75 spent = 1 Enrich Mile.

So your claim that RHB Money is the best for conversion of points to Enrich Miles is not correct but it's pretty good for an entry level credit card with 2X.

And for Air Asia, 10,400 points (for all RHB cards) = RM50 voucher which is actually very good with 2X for selected spending. I.e. 0.481% and 0.962% return for 1X and 2X points respectively. But then again, for the places where one earns 2X reward points with the RHB Travel Money, one can also use Maybankard 2 Cards and earn 5X TP or approximately 2.5% and that's not including 5% cash back.
+Quote Post
Putraskyline
post Jan 10 2013, 12:29 PM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Travel & Living
Group: Elite

@Gen-X

Thank you for this comprehensive analysis. Now I only know Infinite are better for overseas charges.
+Quote Post
nonexno
post Mar 18 2013, 11:17 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Dec 19 2012, 11:18 PM)

for unlimited spending and for any type of transactions locally, the best is Maybankard 2 AMEX where by spending RM1.40 you earn 1 Enrich Mile.

Hi

Just want to double check if this is true?

I called Maybank and they said that with the Amex card you get 5x treatpoint = RM1 however 7000 treatpoints = 1000 enrich miles. Compared to Maybank WMC where 5000 treatpoints = 1000 enrich miles.

+Quote Post
Rooivalkx
post Mar 18 2013, 11:54 AM

QUOTE(nonexno @ Mar 18 2013, 11:17 AM)
Hi

Just want to double check if this is true?

I called Maybank and they said that with the Amex card you get 5x treatpoint = RM1 however 7000 treatpoints = 1000 enrich miles. Compared to Maybank WMC where 5000 treatpoints = 1000 enrich miles.
For Amex, 7000 Treats points = 1000 Enrich miles. RM 1 = 5 Treatspoints. Therefore RM1.4 = 7 Treats points = 1 Enrich mile. For Maybank WMC, RM 2 locally = 5000 Treats air miles. 5000 Treats air miles = 1000 enrich miles. Therefore RM 2 = 5 Treats air miles = 1 Enrich mile. If you spend overseas then RM 1 gets you 1 Enrich mile.

If you are heavy on overseas spend, I would go with the Visa Infinite which gives you 1 Enrich mile for every RM0.90.
+Quote Post
nonexno
post Mar 18 2013, 03:14 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Rooivalkx @ Mar 18 2013, 11:54 AM)
For Amex, 7000 Treats points = 1000 Enrich miles. RM 1 = 5 Treatspoints. Therefore RM1.4 = 7 Treats points = 1 Enrich mile. For Maybank WMC, RM 2 locally = 5000 Treats air miles. 5000 Treats air miles = 1000 enrich miles. Therefore RM 2 = 5 Treats air miles = 1 Enrich mile. If you spend overseas then RM 1 gets you 1 Enrich mile.

If you are heavy on overseas spend, I would go with the Visa Infinite which gives you 1 Enrich mile for every RM0.90.
got it.
thanks.
is amex widely accepted?
+Quote Post
unknowmaster
post Mar 18 2013, 03:49 PM

Casual

Is visa infinite hard to apply? I travel oversea frequently..
+Quote Post
ben83
post Mar 20 2013, 10:28 AM

IT & GADGETS ELITE SPECIALIST

Actually Enrich Miles claim from MAS is sometimes kind of tricky as one still need to pay for taxes & surcharges, which can be exorbitant.

I had claimed 3 return business class tickets for domestic destination in Sabah during the late 2012 Enrich 50% promo, it turns out I need to pay additional RM 600+ for all the taxes & surcharges. As a comparison, I bought another (not claim from Enrich Milles) 3 return economy class ticket to similar destination in February 2013, I only need to pay RM 300 for everything.
+Quote Post
idunnolol
post Mar 20 2013, 11:27 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ben83 @ Mar 20 2013, 10:28 AM)
Actually Enrich Miles claim from MAS is sometimes kind of tricky as one still need to pay for taxes & surcharges, which can be exorbitant.

I had claimed 3 return business class tickets for domestic destination in Sabah during the late 2012 Enrich 50% promo, it turns out I need to pay additional RM 600+ for all the taxes & surcharges. As a comparison, I bought another (not claim from Enrich Milles) 3 return economy class ticket to similar destination in February 2013, I only need to pay RM 300 for everything.
You should have claim for overseas. Return bussiness class to europe only 3k, super worth it
+Quote Post
pltan
post Mar 20 2013, 02:20 PM

Casual

QUOTE(unknowmaster @ Mar 18 2013, 03:49 PM)
Is visa infinite hard to apply? I travel oversea frequently..
I didn't have any problems with it, but you'll need to meet their credit requirements.
+Quote Post
pltan
post Mar 20 2013, 02:22 PM

Casual

QUOTE(idunnolol @ Mar 20 2013, 11:27 AM)
You should have claim for overseas. Return bussiness class to europe only 3k, super worth it
Sorry can you be a bit more specific? How much did you have to pay for fees, and how many miles redeemed?
+Quote Post
idunnolol
post Mar 20 2013, 03:00 PM

Enthusiast

55k enrich miles, around 2600-2900 in taxes and surcharge . Flying in Paris, Flying out frankfurt
+Quote Post
pltan
post Mar 20 2013, 06:46 PM

Casual

QUOTE(idunnolol @ Mar 20 2013, 03:00 PM)
55k enrich miles, around 2600-2900 in taxes and surcharge . Flying in Paris, Flying out frankfurt
Thanks buddy!
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Apr 6 2013, 04:59 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

I just posted an article titled My Bragging Rights and My Credit Cards 2013 where I touched on Enrich Miles redemption with my Maybank Visa Infinite.

It only took MBB 3 working days for them to credit the Enrich Miles in my account.

I think I have mentioned it before but will repeat again here:

You can use your Enrich Miles to redeem for FREE Air Tickets for your loved ones without needing to transfer your Enrich Miles to their Enrich account. And best you do it online and not on the phone as it would save you lots of time going to MA counter to pay for the airport taxes and surcharges.
+Quote Post
CP88
post Apr 26 2013, 08:09 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Apr 6 2013, 04:59 PM)
I just posted an article titled My Bragging Rights and My Credit Cards 2013 where I touched on Enrich Miles redemption with my Maybank Visa Infinite.

It only took MBB 3 working days for them to credit the Enrich Miles in my account.

I think I have mentioned it before but will repeat again here:

You can use your Enrich Miles to redeem for FREE Air Tickets for your loved ones without needing to transfer your  Enrich Miles to their Enrich account. And best you do it online and not on the phone as it would save you lots of time going to MA counter to pay for the airport taxes and surcharges.
Hi,

I'll be purchasing MAS tickets for my parents and would like to apply for enrich miles.

Question
1. Is it possible to purchase for them while I sign in using my account?

2. How do I fill in for the IC portion?

Attached Image

xxxxxx-xx-xxxx or 123456789123

Thanks. notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by CP88: Apr 26 2013, 09:27 PM
+Quote Post
MilesAndMore
post Apr 26 2013, 09:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon

QUOTE(CP88 @ Apr 26 2013, 08:09 PM)
Hi,

I'll be purchasing MAS tickets for my parents and would like to apply for enrich miles.

Question
1. Is it possible to purchase for them while I sign in using my account?

2. How do I fill in for the IC portion?

Attached Image

xxxxxx-xx-xxxx or 123456789123

Thanks.  notworthy.gif
1. Yes. You may even save their Enrich number in your account.

2. Just put 123456789123
+Quote Post
CP88
post Apr 26 2013, 10:17 PM

Regular

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Apr 26 2013, 09:57 PM)
1. Yes. You may even save their Enrich number in your account.

2. Just put 123456789123
Thanks for fast reply bro Miles. Just placed a call to MAS to inquire further and found out that I won't be entitled for the miles as the miles will be given based on the traveler name which is my parents.

Attached Image

BUT

I will be entitled miles while using selected CR to pay. Eg. I pay using AMEX some miles/ will be given.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
MilesAndMore
post Apr 27 2013, 01:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon

QUOTE(CP88 @ Apr 26 2013, 10:17 PM)
Thanks for fast reply bro Miles. Just placed a call to MAS to inquire further and found out that I won't be entitled for the miles as the miles will be given based on the traveler name which is my parents.
No problem! But there was some confusion just now. I thought you were going to sign up an Enrich account for both your parents. And I thought you have a MAS website account in which you can save your details in there as well as anyone else that you frequently help to book a ticket. Having a MAS website account will let you have a speedier booking process as you don't have to manually fill in all information such as name, contact number etc. Hence my earlier reply saying that you can even save your parents' Enrich number into your MAS website account.

QUOTE(CP88 @ Apr 26 2013, 10:17 PM)
BUT

I will be entitled miles while using selected CR to pay. Eg. I pay using AMEX some miles/ will be given.

Attached Image
Actually the table you attached is for rewards points-miles conversion. You don't actually earn any Enrich Miles when you pay for your parents' ticket using your AMEX smile.gif

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Apr 27 2013, 02:03 AM
+Quote Post
louyit
post May 2 2013, 02:35 PM

Getting Started

3. American Express (without Maybank Logo) - 5600 Membership Reward points = 1000 Airmiles. So with 5X MR for selected local trasactions, it works out to RM1.12 spend = 1 Enrich Mile.

Is this conversion applicable to Maybankard 2 AMEX as well?
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post May 2 2013, 08:22 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(louyit @ May 2 2013, 02:35 PM)

Is this conversion applicable to Maybankard 2 AMEX as well?
You will earn Treats Points with MBB 2 AMEX and the conversion is 7000TP = 1000 Enrich or RM1.40 BUT please note that with the MBB 2 AMEX, you can earn up to RM50 monthly (up to RM600 per year) in cash back.
+Quote Post
CP88
post May 6 2013, 08:50 PM

Regular

Hi,

Just purchased MAS tickets for friends and noticed the following statement after receiving the e-ticket:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I have called & emailed them regarding this issue as my friends will be flying from KL while I was just helping them to purchased the tickets.

Below is the reply I got:
Please be informed that for online booking using third party credit card will required for verification. If you unable to provide them those documents, alternatively you may scan and email us the copy of credit card front page and copy of IC/Passport for us to verify at our end. We will update into the booking that we have verify and passenger not required to provide those documents anymore.

Failure to verify those documents will be denied boarding.

My questions:
Do I really need scan my CC front page with IC for verification? During the ticket checkout I have already entered all my details & billing address.

How secure if all my CC details & IC being sent over to them? By the way, I used AMEX for the transaction.

Seeking some valuable advice. Thanks notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by CP88: May 6 2013, 08:54 PM
+Quote Post
jacey
post May 9 2013, 07:38 AM

Wondering is this redemption is more worth it than redemption of cash voucher?
I.e. rm1= ??enrich points

This post has been edited by jacey: May 10 2013, 07:31 PM
+Quote Post
b00n
post May 9 2013, 08:55 PM

delusional
Group Icon

QUOTE(CP88 @ May 6 2013, 08:50 PM)

Usually they do not verify one. There were previously some quite heated argument here on why it was needed: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/979643/+440
But since you have emailed them and they have responded, then why not just photostat either the card front page or IC then cross it out stating for MAS verification. Then scan and email your friend instead of giving it to MAS.

+Quote Post
CP88
post May 9 2013, 09:21 PM

Regular

QUOTE(b00n @ May 9 2013, 08:55 PM)
Usually they do not verify one. There were previously some quite heated argument here on why it was needed: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/979643/+440
But since you have emailed them and they have responded, then why not just photostat either the card front page or IC then cross it out stating for MAS verification. Then scan and email your friend instead of giving it to MAS.
Hi Boon,

Thanks for sharing notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
louyit
post May 10 2013, 04:40 PM

Getting Started

I have a question on how to collect enrich miles, do we actually input the membership number during booking or show them the enrich miles card when checking-in to earn points? Sorry, newbie to enrich miles here
+Quote Post
hye
post May 10 2013, 08:47 PM

White Tiger
Group Icon

QUOTE(louyit @ May 10 2013, 04:40 PM)
I have a question on how to collect enrich miles, do we actually input the membership number during booking or show them the enrich miles card when checking-in to earn points? Sorry, newbie to enrich miles here
If you input the membership number at the point of booking, all you need to do is to show up during your flight. Once your flight is completed, the Enrich points should be credited within a few days. However, if you do not do that then you need to show your Enrich card at the point of checkin.
+Quote Post
whojen
post May 14 2013, 04:30 PM

Enthusiast

How is the new standard chartered new world miles point card compared to other banks like maybank or citibank. Anyone ? They are heavily promoting their new card now

This post has been edited by whojen: May 14 2013, 04:33 PM
+Quote Post
Seng_Kiat
post May 21 2013, 06:15 AM

www.silverstreet.my

normally, 1000 miles is equal to how much money?

sorry, im noob in enrich redemption ...
+Quote Post
louyit
post Jun 6 2013, 05:19 PM

Getting Started

With Maybank Treats Points conversion you get:
7000TP = 1000 Enrich Miles points
https://www.maybankard.net.my/catalogue.php?prodid=93

With American Express conversion you get:
5600 rewards points = 1000 Enrich Miles points
http://www.americanexpress.com.my/membersh...programme.shtml

Can I conclude that it's better to perform the "Rewards Points-to-Miles points" conversion through AMEX rewards rather than Maybank Treats Points? But I'm not sure whether the points earned from Maybankard2 AMEX (5x treats points) is equivalent to AMEX Membership Rewards Points.
+Quote Post
kmoh4346
post Jun 6 2013, 06:37 PM

Casual

QUOTE(louyit @ Jun 6 2013, 05:19 PM)

Can I conclude that it's better to perform the "Rewards Points-to-Miles points" conversion through AMEX rewards rather than Maybank Treats Points? But I'm not sure whether the points earned from Maybankard2 AMEX (5x treats points) is equivalent to AMEX Membership Rewards Points.
I dont think these conversion are meant for Maybank 2 Card
+Quote Post
tAmp0i
post Jun 6 2013, 07:27 PM

The name is Poi

QUOTE(whojen @ May 14 2013, 04:30 PM)
How is the new standard chartered new world miles point card compared to other banks like maybank or citibank. Anyone ? They are heavily promoting their new card now
RM3 retail transaction only for 1 point be it Enrich, BIG or Krisflyer. Points valid for 3 years. The following transactions made will not earn any points:

(a) Balance Transfer
(b) Cheque On Call Plus
© Flexi On Payment
(d) Cash advance or cash withdrawals
(e) Payment of Monthly Miles Membership Fee
(f) Interest payments, late payment fees, charges for cash withdrawals, government service tax and any other form of service or miscellaneous fees
(g) Petrol Transactions
(h) Insurance Transactions

Sounds good to you? Additional monthly fee of RM15 applies sweat.gif
+Quote Post
kmoh4346
post Jun 6 2013, 08:17 PM

Casual

sign0006.gif Enrich correspondence via email & web really sucks recently. I never get any reply??
+Quote Post
namh
post Jun 7 2013, 02:07 AM

jDorama addicts

QUOTE(louyit @ Jun 6 2013, 05:19 PM)

Maybank Treats Points (TP) and AMEX Membership Rewards Points (MR) is 2 different rewards system, and can never be transfer within it. IINM, only Maybank2kad Amex and Ikhwan Amex using TP while other Amex Cards and Charge Cards using MR system. Therefore you cannot transfer your TP to MR and vice versa.

but please remember, Maybank2kad Amex RM1=5TP while normal Amex RM1=2MR. To convert to 1 Enrich Miles, Maybank2kad Amex only need rm1.40 while Amex need RM2.80.
+Quote Post
tishaban
post Jun 7 2013, 11:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(namh @ Jun 7 2013, 02:07 AM)
but please remember, Maybank2kad Amex RM1=5TP while normal Amex RM1=2MR. To convert to 1 Enrich Miles, Maybank2kad Amex only need rm1.40 while Amex need RM2.80.
However you do have the option for 5x MR from the gold or platinum Amex credit cards for some transactions. If you're clever with choosing the correct card for expenditure then you can maximize your Enrich conversion via both MR and TP.

+Quote Post
kmoh4346
post Jun 7 2013, 03:58 PM

Casual

For those cards entitled to Enrich Silver tier such as MBB WC or Amex Gold Business. Does it mean you automatically entitle 30 elite sectors or 25000 Elite miles credited into your account?

I received a call to apply Amex Gold Business Card for my company, the only interesting benefit I notice is the the Enrich silver but Im currently enrich silver.

It would be redundant to have both unless they upgrade me to gold which I doubt it.
+Quote Post
shottiee
post Jul 2 2013, 01:42 PM

Hi is there any way I can check the amount of the taxes and carrier-imposed surcharges if I choose to redeem via Enrich miles but do not have the sufficient miles yet?

To be exact, I tried redeeming my miles for a flight from JB to Perth but it would not take me to the page where the taxes and fees are shown. I don't want to convert my Treatspoints into Enrich miles only to find out that I could have redeemed Singapore Airlines' Krisflyer miles and pay lower taxes and carrier fees.

So it would be great if there is a list that would display the taxes and fees without requiring us to have the sufficient Enrich miles for the flight.
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Jul 2 2013, 02:01 PM

Casual

QUOTE(shottiee @ Jul 2 2013, 01:42 PM)
Hi is there any way I can check the amount of the taxes and carrier-imposed surcharges if I choose to redeem via Enrich miles but do not have the sufficient miles yet?

To be exact, I tried redeeming my miles for a flight from JB to Perth but it would not take me to the page where the taxes and fees are shown. I don't want to convert my Treatspoints into Enrich miles only to find out that I could have redeemed Singapore Airlines' Krisflyer miles and pay lower taxes and carrier fees.

So it would be great if there is a list that would display the taxes and fees without requiring us to have the sufficient Enrich miles for the flight.
JB -kl and kl-Perth Tax and surcharge for economy class = rm577

The following taxes and surcharges apply for the selected traveller:
Code Description Amount
MY Malaysia: Passenger Service Charge MYR 65.00 each
WY Australia: International Passenger Service Charge MYR 45.00 each
YQ Fuel and Insurance surcharge MYR 467.00 each
+Quote Post
shottiee
post Jul 3 2013, 10:12 AM

Thank you, pspfan!

I'm guessing the return journey from PER-KUL-JHB would cost the same in taxes and fees?

Would you be so kind as to check for me on that? Thank you so much!

By the way, did you manage the view the Taxes and Fees only because you have enough Enrich miles to redeem the ticket? Or was there another way to see it?
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Jul 3 2013, 10:27 AM

Casual

QUOTE(shottiee @ Jul 3 2013, 10:12 AM)
Thank you, pspfan!

I'm guessing the return journey from PER-KUL-JHB would cost the same in taxes and fees?

Would you be so kind as to check for me on that? Thank you so much!

By the way, did you manage the view the Taxes and Fees only because you have enough Enrich miles to redeem the ticket? Or was there another way to see it?
it's rm570.
+Quote Post
shottiee
post Jul 3 2013, 11:45 AM

Thanks again! So it's RM577 + RM570 for both ways right?
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Jul 3 2013, 01:55 PM

Casual

QUOTE(shottiee @ Jul 3 2013, 11:45 AM)
Thanks again! So it's RM577 + RM570 for both ways right?
yup.
+Quote Post
maiself
post Jul 14 2013, 01:17 PM

Pro Surfer

Can anybody enlighten me about Enrich Elite Miles (already read many times but still confused)

e.g

Single Trip Enrich Miles KUL >PARIS = 6485 (K/M fare)
so Return Trip = 12970

So If I made 2 return trip to Paris in 1 year I already collected 12970(return trip) x 2 (trips) = 25940

To qualify for Enrich Silver 25k Elite Miles or 30 sector

So its mean I eligible to upgrade from Blue to Silver?
+Quote Post
hye
post Jul 18 2013, 06:56 AM

White Tiger
Group Icon

QUOTE(maiself @ Jul 14 2013, 01:17 PM)
Can anybody enlighten me about Enrich Elite Miles (already read many times but still confused)
e.g

Single Trip Enrich Miles KUL >PARIS = 6485 (K/M fare)
so Return Trip = 12970

So If I made 2 return trip to Paris in 1 year I already collected 12970(return trip) x 2 (trips) = 25940

To qualify for Enrich Silver 25k Elite Miles or 30 sector

So its mean I eligible to upgrade from Blue to Silver?
Actually it is very easy. No need to even bother calculating as if you had already qualify then you would.
Just login into your Enrich account to see your account status. Your activities are recorded, updated and even your upgrades. (Presumably you ensure your Enrich miles are captured accurately)
+Quote Post
TSOM
post Jul 18 2013, 07:28 AM

Regular

Which are the cards that can collect points and convert to airlines other than MAS and AA?? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
TSOM
post Jul 18 2013, 07:29 AM

Regular

also, can you become enrich silver just using pts converted from credit cards??

some other FFP doesn't allow that, and it requires customers to travel with their airlines to qualify for the next status.
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Jul 18 2013, 07:48 AM

Casual

QUOTE(TSOM @ Jul 18 2013, 07:29 AM)
also, can you become enrich silver just using pts converted from credit cards??

some other FFP doesn't allow that, and it requires customers to travel with their airlines to qualify for the next status.
you cant have your enrich tier status upgraded by your cc points.

This post has been edited by pspfan: Jul 18 2013, 07:48 AM
+Quote Post
Jaring
post Jul 27 2013, 12:00 AM

can i know 1000 enrich point = how many value RM ?

This post has been edited by Jaring: Jul 27 2013, 12:00 AM
+Quote Post
soonyeap
post Jul 30 2013, 11:20 PM

Getting Started

Enrich is something that im avoiding actually, the surcharges and taxes always sum up to be alot more than actual. And their redeem miles system is somewhat confuse, example miles i need to redeem to penang and to bangkok is the same which puzzle me. Not to mention about 'close to non' enrich customer service.

I myself book through MAS website using cimb enrich card which earn RM1-1 enrich pts and credit flying miles to my CX marco polo, i still enjoy oneworld benefits, and i will take CX whenever possible.

In case you would like to redeem for merchandise, Asia miles offers a brilliant range of products for you to choose from.

This post has been edited by soonyeap: Jul 30 2013, 11:20 PM
+Quote Post
soonyeap
post Jul 30 2013, 11:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hye @ Jul 18 2013, 06:56 AM)
Actually it is very easy. No need to even bother calculating as if you had already qualify then you would.
Just login into your Enrich account to see your account status. Your activities are recorded, updated and even your upgrades. (Presumably you ensure your Enrich miles are captured accurately)
Elite flying miles is calculated based on Miles, not KM
+Quote Post
tishaban
post Jul 30 2013, 11:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(soonyeap @ Jul 30 2013, 11:20 PM)
Enrich is something that im avoiding actually, the surcharges and taxes always sum up to be alot more than actual. And their redeem miles system is somewhat confuse, example miles i need to redeem to penang and to bangkok is the same which puzzle me. Not to mention about 'close to non' enrich customer service.

I myself book through MAS website using cimb enrich card which earn RM1-1 enrich pts and credit flying miles to my CX marco polo, i still enjoy oneworld benefits, and i will take CX whenever possible.
Yes, Enrich redemption comes with huge fuel surcharges so they're not worth it unless you go for biz/J during their year end offers (60k miles for biz return to LAX!) Even SQ has some very high fuel surcharges.

I'm now concentrating on my oneworld miles. My miles are way too spread out right now on too many airlines...

+Quote Post
tishaban
post Jul 30 2013, 11:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(TSOM @ Jul 18 2013, 07:28 AM)
Which are the cards that can collect points and convert to airlines other than MAS and AA?? hmm.gif
American Express charge cards MR can be transferred to Krisflyer, CX Asia Miles and a few others. However even with 5x points using the Amex gold credit card it'll take awhile. Can't beat the US based credit cards though, they offer some really fantastic opportunities to gain miles.

+Quote Post
soonyeap
post Jul 30 2013, 11:49 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tishaban @ Jul 30 2013, 11:27 PM)
Yes, Enrich redemption comes with huge fuel surcharges so they're not worth it unless you go for biz/J during their year end offers (60k miles for biz return to LAX!) Even SQ has some very high fuel surcharges.

I'm now concentrating on my oneworld miles. My miles are way too spread out right now on too many airlines...
You have to get a main program to stick to, else you are losing out. For me i prefer CX marco polo but CX elite status is one of the hardest to get, but their redemption system is very attractive...
+Quote Post
tishaban
post Jul 31 2013, 12:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(soonyeap @ Jul 30 2013, 11:49 PM)
You have to get a main program to stick to, else you are losing out. For me i prefer CX marco polo but CX elite status is one of the hardest to get, but their redemption system is very attractive...
Wakaka, I unfortunately don't have much choice due to varied flights and credit cards I'm on. If I had a choice I'd probably stick to Star Alliance but as of now it's all over the place. I'm at around 270k on UA Mileageplus, 160k on Krisflyer, 55k on AAdvantage plus more on Avios, Emirates etc. Emptied out my Etihad buying stuff and Enrich earlier this year when I got biz during their promos.

+Quote Post
soonyeap
post Jul 31 2013, 08:26 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tishaban @ Jul 31 2013, 12:51 AM)
Wakaka, I unfortunately don't have much choice due to varied flights and credit cards I'm on. If I had a choice I'd probably stick to Star Alliance but as of now it's all over the place. I'm at around 270k on UA Mileageplus, 160k on Krisflyer, 55k on AAdvantage plus more on Avios, Emirates etc. Emptied out my Etihad buying stuff and Enrich earlier this year when I got biz during their promos.
You are flying 400k elite miles a year ??? That close to KUL-LAX-KUL twice every month in EY or Once every month in F!!! LOL

I only manage to do about 120k elite miles a year and i have to choose a program to stay with...
+Quote Post
tishaban
post Jul 31 2013, 10:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(soonyeap @ Jul 31 2013, 08:26 AM)
You are flying 400k elite miles a year ??? That close to KUL-LAX-KUL twice every month in EY or Once every month in F!!! LOL

I only manage to do about 120k elite miles a year and i have to choose a program to stay with...
No lah most of it are on credit card mile promotions. I was flying a lot some years back but now I might do two J to LAX/NYC a year so at most 40-50k seat miles only. For those I've been focusing on Star Alliance since like 2009. You're way ahead of me there biggrin.gif

The plan is to use up those miles for a family trip to the US, unfortunately with all the varied miles I have I can't consistently get a J/F flight on one award ticket, will have to split it up...

This post has been edited by tishaban: Jul 31 2013, 10:13 AM
+Quote Post
soonyeap
post Jul 31 2013, 10:37 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tishaban @ Jul 31 2013, 10:12 AM)
No lah most of it are on credit card mile promotions. I was flying a lot some years back but now I might do two J to LAX/NYC a year so at most 40-50k seat miles only. For those I've been focusing on Star Alliance since like 2009. You're way ahead of me there biggrin.gif

The plan is to use up those miles for a family trip to the US, unfortunately with all the varied miles I have I can't consistently get a J/F flight on one award ticket, will have to split it up...
Im losing out sometimes also when i have no choice but to travel with MAS where fare class is V which i get nothing from my CX marco polo. Anyhow Enrich still sux,
+Quote Post
virgoguy
post Aug 6 2013, 03:15 PM

Getting Started

Does anyone facing missing enrich miles claims for transit flight? and it is not claimable from their webpage?

e.g :
case 1 : kCH - KL - Bangkok Enrich miles given : KCh - KL only. When try to claim from their enrich website it says retro claims exist.

case 2: KCH - Kota Kinabalu - Bandarseri begawan (brunei) Enrich mile given : KCH - KK only. When try to claim from their enrich website also the same message says retro claims exist.

any suggestion?

+Quote Post
Rooivalkx
post Aug 6 2013, 06:26 PM

QUOTE(virgoguy @ Aug 6 2013, 03:15 PM)
Does anyone facing missing enrich miles claims for transit flight? and it is not claimable from their webpage?

e.g :
case 1 :  kCH - KL - Bangkok  Enrich miles given : KCh - KL only. When try to claim from their enrich website it says retro claims exist.

case 2: KCH - Kota Kinabalu - Bandarseri begawan (brunei)  Enrich mile given : KCH - KK only. When try to claim from their enrich website also the same message says retro claims exist.

any suggestion?
Call them up. Takes me 5 mins to speak to them and they are usually deposited within a week.
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Aug 29 2013, 08:19 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

From my experience, Maybank usually credit the Enrich Miles into my account within a week from the time I call.

However, for UOB it takes like forever. In July 2013 requested my UOB VI UNIRINGGIT be redeemed for Enrich Miles and after 1 month nothing. Call UOB CS on a weekend and I was told that I would be contacted the next working day as the department in charge is close. Well, they did call me back and and tell me they will credit it immediately. After few days I checked and happy to note the Enrich Miles credited.

Also early this month I once again requested that UOB convert some more UniRinggit to Enrich, now end of August and I just checked my Enrich Miles account and they yet to credit it!!! Got to call CS again to get it resolved.

Conclusion, if you want to convert your UOB UNIRINGGIT to Enrich, better do it early and check frequently the status.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Aug 29 2013, 08:21 PM
+Quote Post
zenquix
post Aug 30 2013, 04:32 PM

Life is short!

1U has an event this weekend, and one can get 10% extra Enrich Miles if converted from MBB treatpoints.
Sadly i converted prior to Aug 1 thanks to the devaluation. Enrich Miles conversion did (has?) not devalued during that time unlike the other items.

This post has been edited by zenquix: Aug 30 2013, 04:33 PM
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Aug 30 2013, 05:33 PM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~

dam we are on the same boat...converted before August as afraid they will inflate. End up for Enrich Miles there is not inflation.

doh.gif
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Aug 30 2013, 05:50 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(zenquix @ Aug 30 2013, 04:32 PM)
1U has an event this weekend, and one can get 10% extra Enrich Miles if converted from MBB treatpoints.
Sadly i converted prior to Aug 1 thanks to the devaluation. Enrich Miles conversion did (has?) not devalued during that time unlike the other items.
Thank you thank you. I must drop by 1U this weekend.
+Quote Post
tishaban
post Sep 2 2013, 12:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Aug 30 2013, 05:50 PM)
Thank you thank you. I must drop by 1U this weekend.
Damn, didn't see this until too late.

On a side note, when will our Enrich miles be redeemable on OneWorld flights or are they already? I know the opposite is true ie. if you have AAdvantage miles for example you can book MH flights already.

+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Sep 2 2013, 10:32 AM

Lifetime LYN Member

Yesterday I did go to 1U to convert both my MBB and VI points to Enrich Miles.

However the young man at the counter told me that

1. By keying any of the card number, the system will summarized the total points of all my cards.

2. So if he was to key in my MBB 2 AMEX and perform the redemption, then 7000TP = 1100 Enrich will be applied to my VI points.

3. And if he was to key in my VI number, then 4500TP = 1100 Enrich Miles including the TP earned for my AMEX 2 thumbup.gif

So all my TP including those in my AMEX 2 account were converted at 4500TP = 1100 Enrich Miles thumbup.gif rclxm9.gif

I believe MBB will eventually note this "error" and rectify it in the future by deducting my AMEX 2 TP later sweat.gif

The last two time I used my TP converted to Enrich Miles and got my son return flight to US on Business Class. So with yesterday conversion plus me recently used my UOB UNIRINGGIT to convert to Enrich, I have enough for a return flight to US on Business Class again smile.gif This time not giving my son the Business class ticket but to my wife as she wants to go to the US next year to visit him and I guess I have to fly economy again if I follow her sad.gif
+Quote Post
Rooivalkx
post Sep 2 2013, 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Sep 2 2013, 10:32 AM)
Yesterday I did go to 1U to convert both my MBB and VI points to Enrich Miles.

However the young man at the counter told me that

1. By keying any of the card number, the system will summarized the total points of all my cards.

2. So if he was to key in my MBB 2 AMEX and perform the redemption, then 7000TP = 1100 Enrich will be applied to my VI points.

3. And if he was to key in my VI number, then 4500TP = 1100 Enrich Miles including the TP earned for my AMEX 2  thumbup.gif

So all my TP including those in my AMEX 2 account were converted at 4500TP = 1100 Enrich Miles  thumbup.gif  rclxm9.gif

I believe MBB will eventually note this "error" and rectify it in the future by deducting my AMEX 2 TP later  sweat.gif

The last two time I used my TP converted to Enrich Miles and got my son return flight to US on Business Class. So with yesterday conversion plus me recently used my UOB UNIRINGGIT to convert to Enrich, I have enough for a return flight to US on Business Class again  smile.gif This time not giving my son the Business class ticket but to my wife as she wants to go to the US next year to visit him and I guess I have to fly economy again if I follow her  sad.gif
Aiyo, I forgot about this if not I can convert my 800k TP at 4,500TP to 1,100 Enrich miles, that's an extra of nearly 18k miles!!
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Sep 8 2013, 11:27 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

This week when I checked, Maybank has credited the Enrich Miles I redeemed last week at 1U into my account smile.gif

I updated my article on Enrich Miles to include the Standard Chartered Bank WorldMiles MasterCard. In my micro review of this said card, for earning Enrich Miles better go with Maybankard 2 Cards. But if you fly Air Asia only, maybe it is worth the time to get the SCB WorldMiles MasterCard and earn yourself 25,000 Big shot points before 31 December 2013.

Click here to read my article My Son Is Going to USA on Business Class Again.
+Quote Post
MichaelLTR
post Sep 10 2013, 03:09 PM

Bro... those credit card point convert to enrich miles will contribute elite miles also?

+Quote Post
zenquix
post Sep 10 2013, 03:45 PM

Life is short!

No.. credit card based points do not count as elite (BIS) miles
+Quote Post
choki123
post Sep 25 2013, 01:27 AM

Getting Started

i wanna ask which credit cards offered the best conversion rate/ earnings for Enrich for overseas spending? Except VI as i am not qualified sad.gif

4 cards in my mind:
Citi Premiermiles Amex (Earn 1 PremierMile for every RM2 spend both locally and overseas)(1 premiermile equivilant to 1 enrich)
SCB Worldmiles mastercard (overseas retail purchase RM2 for 1 worldmiles point, equivilant to 1 enrich/ big points)
CIMB Enrich Platinum MasterCard (Earn 2 Enrich Miles for every RM4 on overseas)
AmBank Visa Signature (giving 3X overseas spend, 5,500 AmBonus points = 1,000 Air Miles)

what u guys think? will the citi premiermiles amex attract higher conversion rate since it's amex (2-2.5%)?

This post has been edited by choki123: Sep 25 2013, 02:04 AM
+Quote Post
b00n
post Sep 25 2013, 11:55 AM

delusional
Group Icon

I believe Gen-X mentioned about it a few posts back with a link to his blog to show comparison.
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Sep 25 2013, 07:25 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(choki123 @ Sep 25 2013, 01:27 AM)
i wanna ask which credit cards offered the best conversion rate/ earnings for Enrich for overseas spending? Except VI as i am not qualified sad.gif

4 cards in my mind:
Citi Premiermiles Amex (Earn 1 PremierMile for every RM2 spend both locally and overseas)(1 premiermile equivilant to 1 enrich)
SCB Worldmiles mastercard (overseas retail purchase RM2 for 1 worldmiles point, equivilant to 1 enrich/ big points)
CIMB Enrich Platinum MasterCard (Earn 2 Enrich Miles for every RM4 on overseas)
AmBank Visa Signature (giving 3X overseas spend, 5,500 AmBonus points = 1,000 Air Miles)

what u guys think? will the citi premiermiles amex attract higher conversion rate since it's amex (2-2.5%)?
As for your question which credit card offer the best conversion for Enrich, you have answered the question yourself by posting the conversion to Enrich with the 4 cards mentioned above. All 4 cards about the same but AmBank VS is lower.

But I guess you better go check what is CIMB Platinum Enrich Annual Fee Waiver conditions.

Like I mentioned in my article on Enrich Miles in my blog, SCB WorldMiles MasterCard got no annual fee but monthly fee of RM15 or equivalent RM180/year!!!

As for non VI, if you have read my artilces you will know the best non premium credit card for converting reward points to Enrich is no other than the Maybankard 2 Card Gold or Platinum AMEX tongue.gif It is stated in post#1 too.

As for conversion rate, nowadays Visa conversion is kind of high and Maybankard VI also now imposes a fee of about 2% on top of Visa's rate doh.gif vmad.gif See my post #515 here.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Sep 25 2013, 08:25 PM
+Quote Post
choki123
post Sep 25 2013, 09:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(b00n @ Sep 25 2013, 11:55 AM)
I believe Gen-X mentioned about it a few posts back with a link to his blog to show comparison.
yes i did read it in previous post smile.gif

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Sep 25 2013, 07:25 PM)
As for your question which credit card offer the best conversion for Enrich, you have answered the question yourself by posting the conversion to Enrich with the 4 cards mentioned above. All 4 cards about the same but AmBank VS is lower.

But I guess you better go check what is CIMB Platinum Enrich Annual Fee Waiver conditions.

Like I mentioned in my article on Enrich Miles in my blog, SCB WorldMiles MasterCard got no annual fee but monthly fee of RM15 or equivalent RM180/year!!!

As for non VI, if you have read my artilces you will know the best non premium credit card for converting reward points to Enrich is no other than the Maybankard 2 Card Gold or Platinum AMEX  tongue.gif It is stated in post#1 too.

As for conversion rate, nowadays Visa conversion is kind of high and Maybankard VI also now imposes a fee of about 2% on top of Visa's rate  doh.gif  vmad.gif See my post #515 here.
yes i did follow up on your blog from time to time. great info indeed.
Maybank VI is the best thus far but i'm not qualified. Henceforth i am looking for alternative now...
thanks for the recommendations notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
melonlicious
post Sep 26 2013, 11:38 PM

Getting Started

guys can anyone please share me the details on maybank iv because im comparing travel cards? thank you all the taiko
+Quote Post
fly126
post Sep 27 2013, 12:26 AM

the Lousy One

QUOTE(melonlicious @ Sep 26 2013, 11:38 PM)
guys can anyone please share me the details on maybank iv because im comparing travel cards? thank you all the taiko
Maybank Visa Infinite: http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/p...sonal/CRD-Cards
+Quote Post
seankeith90
post Sep 28 2013, 11:05 AM

just curious, is the SCB world miles first year fee waived or we still need to pay if we opt for the 25000BIG points? the t&c is contradicting
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Oct 1 2013, 03:24 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

melonlicious just highlighted at Airport Lounge Thread that Citibank PremierMiles AMEX is offering 60K Enrich Miles for new sign up.

Got to pay the RM600 annual fee and other conditions but then again with 60K Enrich Miles, can redeem Business Class one way to Milan or USA.

Go check out Citibank website for more info. Offer valid till 31 December 2013.

This offer is really good and I must thank melonlicious for highlighting it for the benefit of others (I don't think I will apply for it). I also find that this promo is so good that I had to revised/update my article on Enrich Miles and include it for more to benefit from it. Boy, I am now promoting Citibank PremierMiles AMEX for FREE, hahaha

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Oct 1 2013, 03:45 PM
+Quote Post
shiroikun
post Oct 1 2013, 03:58 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Oct 1 2013, 03:24 PM)
melonlicious just highlighted at Airport Lounge Thread that Citibank PremierMiles AMEX is offering 60K Enrich Miles for new sign up.

Got to pay the RM600 annual fee and other conditions but then again with 60K Enrich Miles, can redeem Business Class one way to Milan or USA.

This offer is really good and I must thank melonlicious for highlighting it for the benefit of others (I don't think I will apply for it). I also find that this promo is so good that I had to revised/update my article on Enrich Miles and include it for more to benefit  from it. Boy, I am now promoting Citibank PremierMiles AMEX for FREE, hahaha

Thiis promo for new to citibank customer only? How about existing customer try to apply this new card, would I get the 60k points as well?
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Oct 1 2013, 08:52 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(shiroikun @ Oct 1 2013, 03:58 PM)
Thiis promo for new to citibank customer only? How about existing customer try to apply this new card, would I get the 60k points as well?
Bro, did you even read the notes in the image I took the time to cut and paste for the benefit of all? It says "Only applicable to new Citi cardmembers......"

However, it is stated in the terms and conditions that if you have terminated your Citibank credit card (i.e. no longer holds any Citi cards) 3 months prior to the start of the promo, then you may be eligible for the promo.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Oct 1 2013, 09:05 PM
+Quote Post
shiroikun
post Oct 1 2013, 09:16 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Oct 1 2013, 08:52 PM)
Bro, did you even read the notes in the image I took the time to cut and paste for the benefit of all? It says "Only applicable to new Citi cardmembers......"

However, it is stated in the terms and conditions that if you have terminated your Citibank credit card (i.e. no longer holds any Citi cards) 3 months prior to the start of the promo, then you may be eligible for the promo.
too bad, i'm not eligible for that... i'm currently holding 4 citibank cards... thinking of adding 1 more if eligible biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Oct 2 2013, 05:20 PM

On my way

This offer is really good and I must thank melonlicious for highlighting it for the benefit of others (I don't think I will apply for it). I also find that this promo is so good that I had to revised/update my article on Enrich Miles and include it for more to benefit  from it. Boy, I am now promoting Citibank PremierMiles AMEX for FREE, hahaha

Yeah I came across this card in an advert when flying back from HK the other day.

Will be applying for this for the bonus points + Maybank VI to collect on local spending where Maybank2 Amex isn't accepted and foreign spending too. Should be able to build up Enrich miles quickly this way biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
melonlicious
post Oct 2 2013, 06:50 PM

Getting Started

eh bro don't highlight my name so big lar! looks like im a citibank sales man like that wei! Im really comparing cards now, also the banker from mbb said to call me since last week till now haven't get back to me. Im comparing cards now
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Oct 3 2013, 01:48 AM

On my way

Any ideas how the Maybank VI works if linked to FD, will the card only be valid until the FD expires?

I'm planning to use the Maybank VI + Maybank2 Amex to collect Enrich miles on regular spending and then the PremierMiles Citibank Amex for the bonus points
+Quote Post
Nyiwon
post Oct 21 2013, 04:55 PM

Now 7000 Treat point can redeem 1100 Enrich point smile.gif

Xtra 10% EP

Worth to redeem now ? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
hye
post Oct 21 2013, 08:12 PM

White Tiger
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nyiwon @ Oct 21 2013, 04:55 PM)
Now 7000 Treat point can redeem 1100 Enrich point  smile.gif

Xtra 10% EP

Worth to redeem now ?  hmm.gif
Historically MBB never gave out more than 10% extra Enrich Point, let it be on VI, WMC or anything else. (as far as I could remember). If you think it is acceptable to you, grab it. Else continue to wait which may or may not swing to your benefit.
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Oct 23 2013, 03:42 PM

10% extra for below 20k Enrich point redemption

15% extra for above 20k Enrich point redemption
+Quote Post
Rooivalkx
post Oct 24 2013, 11:58 PM

All credit card transfers now have 10% bonus for less than 20k Enrich mile transfer and 15% bonus for above 20k Enrich miles
+Quote Post
cantona7
post Oct 25 2013, 10:59 AM

Getting Started

How long can the enrich miles last before expired?
This is because I might not use the enrich miles so soon...
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Oct 25 2013, 11:10 AM

QUOTE(cantona7 @ Oct 25 2013, 10:59 AM)
How long can the enrich miles last before expired?
This is because I might not use the enrich miles so soon...
Enrich Miles are valid for the year in which they are earned, plus an additional 3 years, and will expire at the end of the third year. For example, Enrich Miles credited to an account from 1 January – 31 December 2013 will expire on 31 December 2016.
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Oct 26 2013, 01:09 AM

On my way

Just completed my Citibank Premiermiles application today - looking forward to collecting the 60K bonus Enrich miles biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Oct 26 2013, 02:10 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(bearbear @ Oct 23 2013, 03:42 PM)
10% extra for below 20k Enrich point redemption

15% extra for above 20k Enrich point redemption
Thank you for the info notworthy.gif

I just redeemed my Treats Points for Enrich and with the 15% extra, I got myself close to 30K Enrich Miles thumbup.gif That's almost enough for a 1-way Business Class ticket to a Melbourne. But I collecting Enrich for LA trip next year, so far I got enough for a Business Class return trip for my wife and an Economy return trip for me. Hopefully by year end I have enough Enrich to upgrade myself to Business Class too smile.gif

This time the 15% is better than my last redemption at 1U in September where they offering 4500TP = 1100 Enrich for my MBB VI.

For those who want to get the 10% or 15% extra Enrich Miles, the offer is good until 15 November 2013.

I did published an article on my Visa Infinite cards offering 5X reward points - click here to see comparison of Enrich conversion rate and other benefits between Alliance Visa Infinite vs Maybank VI vs UOB Bank VI.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Oct 26 2013, 02:28 PM
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Oct 26 2013, 09:38 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Oct 26 2013, 02:10 PM)
Thank you for the info  notworthy.gif

I just redeemed my Treats Points for Enrich and with the 15% extra, I got myself close to 30K Enrich Miles  thumbup.gif That's almost enough for a 1-way Business Class ticket to a Melbourne. But I collecting Enrich for LA trip next year, so far I got enough for a Business Class return trip for my wife and an Economy return trip for me. Hopefully by year end I have enough Enrich to upgrade myself to Business Class too smile.gif

This time the 15% is better than my last redemption at 1U in September where they offering 4500TP = 1100 Enrich for my MBB VI.

For those who want to get the 10% or 15% extra Enrich Miles, the offer is good until 15 November 2013.

I did published an article on my Visa Infinite cards offering 5X reward points - click here to see comparison of Enrich conversion rate and other benefits between Alliance Visa Infinite vs Maybank VI vs UOB Bank VI.
This is a good deal, for sure.

I've been saving my MBB2 TPs so can claim around 28K Enrich miles from there and another 25K from VI (although I'm still waiting for the 10K TPs you're meant to get on activation...)
+Quote Post
Mr Gray
post Oct 27 2013, 01:58 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(seankeith90 @ Sep 28 2013, 11:05 AM)
just curious, is the SCB world miles first year fee waived or we still need to pay if we opt for the 25000BIG points? the t&c is contradicting
First year fee waived. Subsequent years fee can be waived, but have to call the bank. I have the World Miles card.
+Quote Post
+h0m@s..
post Oct 27 2013, 02:48 AM

Getting Started

i don't really understand. why is it that the amount i pay for a return ticket to Paris is cheaper if I pay full fare as compared to if I redeem with my enrich points.
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Oct 27 2013, 02:02 PM

On my way

QUOTE(rjb123 @ Oct 26 2013, 09:38 PM)
This is a good deal, for sure.

I've been saving my MBB2 TPs so can claim around 28K Enrich miles from there and another 25K from VI (although I'm still waiting for the 10K TPs you're meant to get on activation...)
10K extra VI points just got credited this morning smile.gif Will wait another week , collect some more then convert thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
ZONX
post Oct 27 2013, 09:07 PM

Getting Started

Hi all,

I have Asia Miles card.
When I purchase MAS flight ticket, I can choose to input EnRich or Asia Miles card to get the point.
Q: Would you guys suggest me to apply for an EnRich card to collect the point from purchasing MAS ticket? or there is no different to using an Asia Miles card?
Q: Is that possible to transfer point from Asia Miles to Enrich?
Q: Asia Miles vs Enrich, which reward system is better?

ty.

+Quote Post
bearbear
post Oct 28 2013, 02:33 PM

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Oct 26 2013, 02:10 PM)
Thank you for the info  notworthy.gif

I just redeemed my Treats Points for Enrich and with the 15% extra, I got myself close to 30K Enrich Miles  thumbup.gif That's almost enough for a 1-way Business Class ticket to a Melbourne. But I collecting Enrich for LA trip next year, so far I got enough for a Business Class return trip for my wife and an Economy return trip for me. Hopefully by year end I have enough Enrich to upgrade myself to Business Class too smile.gif

you reckon its worth buying the miles for this promo?

Know someone who has 110+k CIMB points who is waiting for my offer in cash to purchase his points.
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Oct 28 2013, 02:46 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(bearbear @ Oct 28 2013, 02:33 PM)
you reckon its worth buying the miles for this promo?

Know someone who has 110+k CIMB points who is waiting for my offer in cash to purchase his points.
Bro, I got no idea if it is worth to buy miles from others, also it means it would not be "FREE" tongue.gif

Moreover, there is a transfer fee if you need him to transfer the points. Also what is the conversion rate for the CIMB (I guess must be CIMB Enrich card).
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Oct 28 2013, 02:56 PM

i have some 20+k in my acc now and would like to have more perhaps for a return ticket to europe.

CIMB conversion is 6000Points to 1000 Enrich Miles.

This post has been edited by bearbear: Oct 28 2013, 02:57 PM
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Oct 28 2013, 03:30 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(bearbear @ Oct 28 2013, 02:56 PM)
i have some 20+k in my acc now and would like to have more perhaps for a return ticket to europe.

CIMB conversion is 6000Points to 1000 Enrich Miles.
If you talking about economy class, I suggest you go now to MA website and find out the actual ticket price only (i.e. exclude tax and surcharge) and then compared this said amount to how much you paying for the Enrich Miles. Actually Enrich currently has offer to Paris, go check it out.

If you want me to check how many Enrich Miles to your destination, give me the approximate dates or Month (or PM me if you wish).
+Quote Post
namh
post Oct 28 2013, 11:38 PM

jDorama addicts

sifu Gen-X, do you have any comment or review about middle class card (gold class or entry platinum) that offer free lounge at least in KLIA?? from some of your article, what i saw is only VI, WM & Premium level card only which is out of my range cry.gif

From my reading, i can only find AEON new Gold Card that give 6x access per calendar year to KLIA PP Lounge.. it come with annual fee rm90 and bonus of this card is 0% BT for 6 months.. is there any card around this level??
+Quote Post
fly126
post Oct 28 2013, 11:57 PM

the Lousy One

QUOTE(namh @ Oct 28 2013, 11:38 PM)
sifu Gen-X, do you have any comment or review about middle class card (gold class or entry platinum) that offer free lounge at least in KLIA?? from some of your article, what i saw is only VI, WM & Premium level card only which is out of my range  cry.gif

From my reading, i can only find AEON new Gold Card that give 6x access per calendar year to KLIA PP Lounge.. it come with annual fee rm90 and bonus of this card is 0% BT for 6 months.. is there any card around this level??
the first 50 Hong Leong Bank MATTA Platinum (Min. Annual Income Requirement - RM60K) Cardholder Will Get Complimentary Entry to Plaza Premium Lounge... offered on a first come, first served basis
http://www.hlb.com.my/pfs/cc/cc_matta_fb.jsp?flag=cc_matta

HLB MATTA Card FAQ: https://mattacard.hongleongconnect.com/matt...MATTACreditCard

This post has been edited by fly126: Oct 28 2013, 11:58 PM
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Oct 29 2013, 01:13 AM

sifu Gen-X, do you have any comment or review about middle class card (gold class or entry platinum) that offer free lounge at least in KLIA?? from some of your article, what i saw is only VI, WM & Premium level card only which is out of my range  cry.gif

Alliance Platinum - unlimited access to PPL and tier based cashback

http://www.alliancebank.com.my/Personal-Ba...px#benefits-tab

waive annual fee with min. 12 transaction or swipe 5k a year

This post has been edited by bearbear: Oct 29 2013, 01:13 AM
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Oct 29 2013, 03:02 AM

Lifetime LYN Member

Bro, I guess Enrich Miles and Airport Lounge benefits kind of go with each other and you must be sleepy when you posted the above tongue.gif

Go to the thread below for my reply:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1791878/+1300#entry64163671
+Quote Post
tishaban
post Oct 29 2013, 07:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Wow, haven't been here for a few weeks and just found out about this promo.

Now I'm torn. Was almost certain that I wanted to focus on Krisflyer only from now on, looks like Enrich might be back in business biggrin.gif

Question is, is this (combined with the 10-15% cc transfer bonus) a sign of a devaluation coming in the future?

+Quote Post
rjb123
post Oct 30 2013, 12:14 PM

On my way

Is https://www.enrich.malaysiaairlines.com/Enr...bsite/Login.jsp down for just me? Can't seem to get the page to load at all ...
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Oct 30 2013, 12:16 PM

Works fine here bro
+Quote Post
+h0m@s..
post Oct 30 2013, 12:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(rjb123 @ Oct 30 2013, 12:14 PM)
Is https://www.enrich.malaysiaairlines.com/Enr...bsite/Login.jsp down for just me? Can't seem to get the page to load at all ...
I'm fine too
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Oct 30 2013, 12:32 PM

On my way

QUOTE(bearbear @ Oct 30 2013, 12:16 PM)
Works fine here bro
QUOTE(+h0m@s.. @ Oct 30 2013, 12:30 PM)
I'm fine too
Thanks.

Very strange, won't load on both Chrome and IE. All other websites are working as normal rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Oct 30 2013, 01:24 PM

On my way

Tried desktop and laptop, both same thing.

Other PC seemed to work, no idea what's wrong.

Did TP redemption for Enrich miles yesterday online, credited to Enrich account with the 15% bonus today , nice and quick smile.gif
+Quote Post
arshad
post Nov 2 2013, 12:20 PM

Syukur

Anyone know whether can I use my father's CIMB rewards to my enrich miles account? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
shahr04360
post Nov 3 2013, 10:05 AM

QUOTE(arshad @ Nov 2 2013, 12:20 PM)
Anyone know whether can I use my father's CIMB rewards to my enrich miles account? biggrin.gif
arshad Yes, you can BUT charges apply (i.e. transfer fee + admin fee). BTW, if you want to purchase tix for you and get rid those fees, you can just purchase tix straight from ur dad's enrich acct.
+Quote Post
byronong
post Nov 4 2013, 08:47 PM

Getting Started

hi.

noob question.

can I use my enrich points to redeem flight ticket for my friend?

only one ticket (for my friend)
+Quote Post
maiself
post Nov 4 2013, 10:08 PM

Pro Surfer

QUOTE(byronong @ Nov 4 2013, 08:47 PM)
hi.

noob question.

can I use my enrich points to redeem flight ticket for my friend?

only one ticket (for my friend)
Sure can..
+Quote Post
digitalcode
post Nov 6 2013, 09:33 AM

Getting Started

I saw this while flying MAS last week too. Wanted to ask - how much savings do I get if I deduct the RM600 fee, and the fuel surcharges and taxes, for a flight to Paris? I know MAS offers flights for RM2,700 or so during MATTA Fair and other promotions, so if a return trip incurs RM1,000 or so in additional charges, then it's a nett savings of RM2,700 - RM1,000 - RM600 = RM1,100? The selection of flights for award redemption might be much less desirable too?
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Nov 6 2013, 01:24 PM

On my way

QUOTE(digitalcode @ Nov 6 2013, 09:33 AM)
I saw this while flying MAS last week too. Wanted to ask - how much savings do I get if I deduct the RM600 fee, and the fuel surcharges and taxes, for a flight to Paris? I know MAS offers flights for RM2,700 or so during MATTA Fair and other promotions, so if a return trip incurs RM1,000 or so in additional charges, then it's a nett savings of RM2,700 - RM1,000 - RM600 = RM1,100? The selection of flights for award redemption might be much less desirable too?
Enrich miles are best used if not flying Economy class I believe, see an example below :

KUL > CDG one way, Economy Class RM1565 inc Taxes + Surcharges
KUL > CDG one way, Business Class RM8352 inc Taxes + Surcharges
KUL > CDG one way, First Class RM18822 inc Taxes + Surcharges

If doing the above 3 flights on the same day using Enrich redemption works out as below :

KUL > CDG one way, Economy Class RM636 + 25500 Enrich Miles = Saving of RM929 / RM0.036 per mile
KUL > CDG one way, Business Class RM709 + 46750 Enrich Miles = Saving of RM7643 / RM0.16 per mile
KUL > CDG one way, First Class RM709 + 136000 Enrich Miles = Saving of RM18113 / RM0.13 per mile

+Quote Post
Jason
post Nov 12 2013, 02:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Nampak salah. Cockeye me. doh.gif

This post has been edited by Jason: Nov 12 2013, 02:41 AM
+Quote Post
zenquix
post Nov 15 2013, 04:44 AM

Life is short!

Rumor another 50% off Enrich redemption coming.
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Nov 15 2013, 09:46 AM

Casual

QUOTE(zenquix @ Nov 15 2013, 04:44 AM)
Rumor another 50% off Enrich redemption coming.
any idea when?
+Quote Post
thomasting89
post Nov 15 2013, 01:25 PM

Group: New Member

just redeemed the enrich points not such if still qualified the extra 15%
+Quote Post
parsona
post Nov 15 2013, 04:10 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(pspfan @ Nov 15 2013, 09:46 AM)
any idea when?
Their quarterly magazine coming out soon with the details.

Sneak peek:
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/enrich.html
r Nov - Jan issue rounds up an amazing year with Cash + Miles, 50% off Enrich Miles redemption and Dubai’s hidden wealth of attractions.
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Nov 15 2013, 04:16 PM

Casual

QUOTE(parsona @ Nov 15 2013, 04:10 PM)
Their quarterly magazine coming out soon with the details.

Sneak peek:
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/enrich.html
r Nov - Jan issue rounds up an amazing year with Cash + Miles, 50% off Enrich Miles redemption and Dubai’s hidden wealth of attractions.
thats amazing... smile.gif i cant wait for it..
+Quote Post
Rooivalkx
post Nov 18 2013, 11:32 PM

it's out!!! 50% off everywhere!
+Quote Post
b00n
post Nov 19 2013, 01:21 AM

delusional
Group Icon

Booking from when till when?
Didn't receive any email from enrich...
+Quote Post
parsona
post Nov 19 2013, 01:42 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(b00n @ Nov 19 2013, 01:21 AM)
Booking from when till when?
Didn't receive any email from enrich...
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/da...s_nov_jan14.pdf
In their latest issue, page 13. Don't think its in their system yet though.

REDEMPTION PERIOD
15 Nov – 15 Dec 2013
TRAVEL PERIOD
1 Jan – 30 June 2014

This post has been edited by parsona: Nov 19 2013, 01:43 AM
+Quote Post
bkwu
post Nov 19 2013, 01:42 AM

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Oct 29 2013, 03:02 AM)
Bro, I guess Enrich Miles and Airport Lounge benefits kind of go with each other and you must be sleepy when you posted the above  tongue.gif

Go to the thread below for my reply:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1791878/+1300#entry64163671
Hi Gen-X dai kor, benefit alot from your credit card post and also your blog.

I had been happily accumulating my maybank TP for quite sometime hoping to exchange for free flight tickets, but I was quite disappointed to found that MAS is charging "fuel & other surchage" which the cost alone could buy airasia tickets already..

so im wondering that is it normal for that kind of charge? or sometimes they do have promotion where you can exchange it with very little enrich miles.

For example, I tried to check the miles required to fly to taipei is 12500, and surcharge is around 400
12500 EM would be equivalent to RM 350 worth of jusco voucher, so the cost of that ticket would be RM750

with that price, one can easily buy tickets that cost about the same from MAS or airasia anytime..

so can you please enlighten me is there any way to get better value for converting TP to EM?

thanks!
+Quote Post
parsona
post Nov 19 2013, 01:47 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(bkwu @ Nov 19 2013, 01:42 AM)

I had been happily accumulating my maybank TP for quite sometime hoping to exchange for free flight tickets, but I was quite disappointed to found that MAS is charging "fuel & other surchage" which the cost alone could buy airasia tickets already..

so im wondering that is it normal for that kind of charge? or sometimes they do have promotion where you can exchange it with very little enrich miles.

For example, I tried to check the miles required to fly to taipei is 12500, and surcharge is around 400
12500 EM would be equivalent to RM 350 worth of jusco voucher, so the cost of that ticket would be RM750

with that price, one can easily buy tickets that cost about the same from MAS or airasia anytime..

so can you please enlighten me is there any way to get better value for converting TP to EM?
thanks!
EM are good for only certain destinations IMO. For example, flights to Paris is cheaper in cash (most of the time) than flights to London, but the EM value is the same. Therefore, its more worth it to use EM to redeem flights to London.

Also, I think EM is worthless if you wanna use it for a nearby destination. I would judge anything less than 8 hours travel duration to be not worth using EM.
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Nov 19 2013, 08:15 AM

Casual

QUOTE(parsona @ Nov 19 2013, 01:42 AM)
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/da...s_nov_jan14.pdf
In their latest issue, page 13.  Don't think its in their system yet though.

REDEMPTION PERIOD
15 Nov – 15 Dec 2013
TRAVEL PERIOD
1 Jan – 30 June 2014
still not in the system... sad.gif
+Quote Post
namh
post Nov 19 2013, 08:15 AM

jDorama addicts

thanks!
the best way to use Enrich Miles is to book Business Class ticket during 50% promo which start now until 15th December thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Nov 19 2013, 08:16 AM

Casual

thanks!
worth it as long as u redeem business class and above for long haul flights...
+Quote Post
estravada
post Nov 19 2013, 10:29 AM

Business Class is the way to go for EM redemption. Went to LA early this year for only 60k miles + RM2.8k for taxes and surcharge. Original Business Class seats cost RM12k during promo. Too bad, I do not have enough this time around for another redemption
+Quote Post
Jason
post Nov 19 2013, 02:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!

YES! Just converted all my CC points to Enrich, and now the deal has come.
I plan to fly in to CDG and fly out from LHR.

Business class babeh!
+Quote Post
Myoswee
post Nov 19 2013, 03:52 PM

Regular

What is the MH Business

J ,C, D ?
+Quote Post
keretapir
post Nov 19 2013, 09:45 PM

rampant public indecency

wait, why redemption period only for 1 week?

p.s. feeling bumped out since not enough points for redeem any business class sad.gif
+Quote Post
financialfreedom
post Nov 19 2013, 09:47 PM

sounds like it is only suitable for those who travel long distance often

This post has been edited by financialfreedom: Nov 19 2013, 09:52 PM
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Nov 20 2013, 08:02 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Jason @ Nov 19 2013, 02:22 PM)
YES! Just converted all my CC points to Enrich, and now the deal has come.
I plan to fly in to CDG and fly out from LHR.

Business class babeh!
anyone managed to secure the 50% deal yet? i cant seem to get it...
+Quote Post
+h0m@s..
post Nov 20 2013, 09:09 PM

Getting Started

user posted image

I thought not yet??
+Quote Post
Jason
post Nov 20 2013, 09:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(pspfan @ Nov 20 2013, 08:02 PM)
anyone managed to secure the 50% deal yet? i cant seem to get it...
Bro.. I haven't secured anything. I am planning only.

QUOTE(+h0m@s.. @ Nov 20 2013, 09:09 PM)
user posted image

I thought not yet??
Yup..not yet.
+Quote Post
parsona
post Nov 21 2013, 01:41 AM

Enthusiast

I got quite a bit of Enrich miles to be redeemed, but no where to go atm. If anyone wants me to buy tickets for them using enrich, PM me. Preferably long haul flights.
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Dec 1 2013, 07:38 AM

Casual

QUOTE(parsona @ Nov 21 2013, 01:41 AM)
I got quite a bit of Enrich miles to be redeemed, but no where to go atm.  If anyone wants me to buy tickets for them using enrich, PM me.  Preferably long haul flights.
hmmm today is the 1st oredi... Mas enrich site still not updated with the 50% offer..
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Dec 1 2013, 11:37 AM

up and running, London / Paris Eco 15k Business 27.5k
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Dec 1 2013, 03:09 PM

Casual

QUOTE(bearbear @ Dec 1 2013, 11:37 AM)
yup.. i managed to get 2 return business class tickets at a bargain.. 110k for kul-cdg and heathrow-KUL

+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Dec 5 2013, 02:08 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(bearbear @ Dec 1 2013, 11:37 AM)
I just came back and yes, Business Class to London and Paris 27.5K Enrich Miles one way. With this discount I got enough points for my wife and me to Europe on Business class next May thumbup.gif

For info, I call Enrich to inquire on AA flight, Paris to JFK nees 37,000 Enrich Miles and JFK to London nothing for redemption!!!
+Quote Post
maiself
post Dec 5 2013, 02:29 PM

Pro Surfer

Not going to redeem this year end.. cannot come out with the date..

+Quote Post
bearbear
post Dec 5 2013, 02:30 PM

Promo is a yearly event?

Aiming to redeem only near year
+Quote Post
maiself
post Dec 5 2013, 02:38 PM

Pro Surfer

QUOTE(bearbear @ Dec 5 2013, 02:30 PM)
Promo is a yearly event?

Aiming to redeem only near year
Yes.. shld be every year end..

Planning to upgrade to Enrich Gold next year
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Dec 5 2013, 02:52 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Dec 5 2013, 02:08 PM)
I just came back and yes, Business Class to London and Paris 27.5K Enrich Miles one way. With this discount I got enough points for my wife and me to Europe on Business class next May  thumbup.gif

For info, I call Enrich to inquire on AA flight, Paris to JFK nees 37,000 Enrich Miles and JFK to London nothing for redemption!!!
bro ,37k for business class AA? can u elaborate more on how to redeem AA or other oneworld airlines flights using enrich?
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Dec 5 2013, 04:17 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(pspfan @ Dec 5 2013, 02:52 PM)
bro ,37k for business class AA? can u elaborate more on how to redeem AA  or other oneworld airlines flights using enrich?
Bro, the 37K for Paris to JFK is on economy class!!! And it seems I can't redeem for anything from JFK to London on the date I wanted, on economy. Just call 1300883000 and ask them how many Enrich Miles to destinations offered by Oneworld carriers.

Anyway, I call AA (Malaysia contact number) directly and the CGD-->JFK-->LHR ticket on economy cost around RM3K only. Better I save the Enrich Miles and fly with MAS on Business to other destinations.

+Quote Post
pspfan
post Dec 5 2013, 04:36 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Dec 5 2013, 04:17 PM)
Bro, the 37K for Paris to JFK is on economy class!!! And it seems I can't redeem for anything from JFK to London on the date I wanted, on economy. Just call 1300883000 and ask them how many Enrich Miles to destinations offered by Oneworld carriers.

Anyway, I call AA (Malaysia contact number) directly and the CGD-->JFK-->LHR ticket on economy cost around RM3K only. Better I save the Enrich Miles and fly with MAS on Business to other destinations.
thks bro.. just called them.. apparently one way cathay pacific business class ticket from kk-LA is 72k enrich miles+rm780 tax n surcharges on business class.. i rather use my marco polo points(much lower).. btw my flight to cdg is mid of may .. might bump into u smile.gif

This post has been edited by pspfan: Dec 5 2013, 04:39 PM
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Dec 7 2013, 09:43 AM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(pspfan @ Dec 5 2013, 04:36 PM)
thks bro.. just called them.. apparently one way cathay pacific business class ticket from kk-LA is 72k enrich miles+rm780 tax n surcharges on business class.. i rather use my marco polo points(much lower).. btw my flight to cdg is mid of may .. might bump into u smile.gif
Bro fly to KL first for few days and then to LA smile.gif

When I get on the plane sometime mid May 2014 to CDG, I will yell out pspfan, pspfan.... hahaha

To ALL:

Enrich sale ending this Sunday... 8th December, 2 more days to go.

Part of below posted at MBB2 Thread, but thought I repeat here.

We all know that our nowadays our Treats Points has validity period of 3 years. One way to stretch it to 6 years is convert it to Enrich Miles (validity period 3 years too).

Previously in my article My Son Is Going to The USA Again on Business Class, I have shown that we get equivalent cash back up to 19.19% and 12.33% when we redeem Malaysia Airline Business Class ticket using the Enrich Miles converted from the Treats Points earned with the Maybank Visa Infinite and Maybankard 2 Cards respectively.

MAS is currently have a promo and so is Enrich Miles offering 50% discount until 8th December 2013. With the Enrich Miles 50% discount, the equivalent "cash back" we earn from using the Maybank Visa Infinite and Maybankard 2 Cards AMEX increases to 30.88% and 19% respectively. To learn more about how to maximize utilizing your credit cards Rewards Points, click on the link below:

Enrich Miles Sale Is Fantastic With Maybank Visa Infinite.

Actually, as most of you guys know, few months back there were 2 promotions for Enrich Miles. One was offered by Maybank where we get 10% Extra Enrich Miles at 1U and the other was offered directly by Enrich Miles. So in other words, I can say for the Enrich Miles converted from my MBB VI TP, I got more than 30.88% equivalent cash back for my trip to Europe. Or looking from another angle, I earned FREE RM30K for the 2 pax return trip to Europe on Business Class. I love my 5X Reward credit cards. Using credit cards beats the heck out compared to cash.

I used to redeem cash vouchers only; but since last year I started to use my Treats Points for Enrich Miles redemption only. Same goes for the UNIRinggit earned with my UOB VI - because I want to shiok sendiri owning the Privilege Banking UOB VI, I had to charge RM50K overseas with the stupid card (to get the RM1.8K annual fee auto waived - one still can go beg for waiver if spend less than RM50K) and get less Enrich Miles and pay higher conversion rate compared to the MBB VI.

And I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to hye as it was his previous postings on Enrich Miles that got me researching Enrich Miles for my articles and discovered the wonderful benefit of FREE air tickets with credit cards' reward points.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Dec 7 2013, 09:48 AM
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Dec 7 2013, 02:36 PM

Citibank premier miles 60k EM promo - the 3k spending has to come from principal card.

+Quote Post
foxboro
post Dec 7 2013, 02:52 PM

Getting Started

Hi bro's

Newbie here. I have 160k treats points and just registered a blue enrich card this week. Plan to go Melbourne on April 2014, any advise for first time redemption.

Thank you in advance.

Cheerss
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Dec 7 2013, 02:57 PM

QUOTE(foxboro @ Dec 7 2013, 02:52 PM)
Hi bro's

Newbie here. I have 160k treats points and just registered a blue enrich card this week. Plan to go Melbourne on April 2014, any advise for first time redemption.

Thank you in advance.

Cheerss
Do it fast, till tomorrow Enrich is on sales up to 50%
+Quote Post
foxboro
post Dec 7 2013, 03:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(bearbear @ Dec 7 2013, 02:57 PM)
Do it fast, till tomorrow Enrich is on sales up to 50%
Bro

Can assist me how to make the redemption, sorry in advance for the noob assistance icon_question.gif
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Dec 7 2013, 03:07 PM

QUOTE(foxboro @ Dec 7 2013, 03:04 PM)
Bro

Can assist me how to make the redemption, sorry in advance for the noob assistance  icon_question.gif
https://www.enrich.malaysiaairlines.com/EnrichWebsite/

+Quote Post
maiself
post Dec 7 2013, 10:01 PM

Pro Surfer

QUOTE(foxboro @ Dec 7 2013, 02:52 PM)
Hi bro's

Thank you in advance.

Cheerss
dont think you sempat to convert your TP to Enrich point & redeem..
+Quote Post
foxboro
post Dec 7 2013, 10:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(maiself @ Dec 7 2013, 10:01 PM)
dont think you sempat to convert your TP to Enrich point & redeem..
why bro? kindly advise.

Thanks
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Dec 7 2013, 10:47 PM

On my way

QUOTE(foxboro @ Dec 7 2013, 10:33 PM)
why bro? kindly advise.

Thanks
160K TP are around 21000 Enrich miles, no reason why you can't use these .

Log in to Enrich once you have your login details and check the points + cash redemption.

I used the promotion to redeem 2 x Business class return for me and GF to Aukland next year (110K Enrich in total)

+Quote Post
namh
post Dec 7 2013, 10:47 PM

jDorama addicts

QUOTE(foxboro @ Dec 7 2013, 10:33 PM)
why bro? kindly advise.

Thanks
fastest, it will take 3 days to see your TP convert to Enrich miles.. and by that time the promo already end..
+Quote Post
maiself
post Dec 8 2013, 10:06 AM

Pro Surfer

QUOTE(rjb123 @ Dec 7 2013, 10:47 PM)
160K TP are around 21000 Enrich miles, no reason why you can't use these .

Log in to Enrich once you have your login details and check the points + cash redemption.

I used the promotion to redeem 2 x Business class return for me and GF to Aukland next year (110K Enrich in total)
Today is the last day to redeem Enrich Point, foxboro havent convert his TP to Enrich yet...

So for current 50% Enrich Promo... I dont think so..
+Quote Post
choki123
post Dec 13 2013, 11:00 AM

Getting Started

Aiksss... i missed out the redemption promotion... doesn't aware of it T.T
When will be the next enrich promo?
+Quote Post
cpteoh
post Dec 13 2013, 11:03 AM

Starcraft - Broodwar

i redeem 2 business class ticket to australia during the 50% promotion period

when i read the term and condition, it is like, if i didnt go for that trip, i will be charged extra for "no show". is this correct??
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Dec 13 2013, 11:13 AM

QUOTE(choki123 @ Dec 13 2013, 11:00 AM)
Aiksss... i missed out the redemption promotion... doesn't aware of it T.T
When will be the next enrich promo?
from my search on google, yearly event.

May up to 30% discount
December up to 50% discount for EM.

This post has been edited by bearbear: Dec 13 2013, 11:13 AM
+Quote Post
talfred
post Dec 20 2013, 11:30 AM

I looked at the new Cash + Points facility. Seems to be really low value as 1k Enrich miles = RM17 within the system when you move the slider to set how much you want to offset.

Also noticed that even if you redeem 100% via miles you will still have to pay for the taxes.

e.g. 25.5k miles return trip to Shanghai/Taiwan but still need to top up RM800 for taxes... Sometimes during MAS promo can also get tickets to those destinations for just about 1k yeah?
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Dec 20 2013, 11:33 AM

QUOTE(talfred @ Dec 20 2013, 11:30 AM)
I looked at the new Cash + Points facility. Seems to be really low value as 1k Enrich miles = RM17 within the system when you move the slider to set how much you want to offset.

Also noticed that even if you redeem 100% via miles you will still have to pay for the taxes.

e.g. 25.5k miles return trip to Shanghai/Taiwan but still need to top up RM800 for taxes... Sometimes during MAS promo can also get tickets to those destinations for just about 1k yeah?
the points for 'near' destination doesn't make sense, example if you redeem Phuket flight you pay more for tax than you actually buy the ticket without redemption.

best way to use these miles is to fly to europe / australia in business class during their yearly promo, approx. 50% off on Enrich Miles required.

Example;
30k EM + RM1.7k for economy return to London / Paris
55k EM + RM1.8k for business return to London / Paris
+Quote Post
talfred
post Dec 20 2013, 11:42 AM

QUOTE(bearbear @ Dec 20 2013, 11:33 AM)
the points for 'near' destination doesn't make sense, example if you redeem Phuket flight you pay more for tax than you actually buy the ticket without redemption.

best way to use these miles is to fly to europe / australia in business class during their yearly promo, approx. 50% off on Enrich Miles required.

Example;
30k EM + RM1.7k for economy return to London / Paris
55k EM + RM1.8k for business return to London / Paris
Ah I see what you mean now... So essentially we agree that the C+P is pretty useless. But redeeming the miles to more premium destinations during 50% off period is the best way to go.

What credit cards do you generally accrue your Enrich miles with?

I've always been loyal in accruing Starwood Preferred Guest points via my Amex which think it gives me the best value for money until recently I noticed they don't offer ANY cash + points booking so I'm looking for an alternative use for my points and I always felt Airline miles offered the least value as you needed ALOT.
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Dec 20 2013, 11:49 AM

QUOTE(talfred @ Dec 20 2013, 11:42 AM)
Ah I see what you mean now... So essentially we agree that the C+P is pretty useless. But redeeming the miles to more premium destinations during 50% off period is the best way to go.

What credit cards do you generally accrue your Enrich miles with?

I've always been loyal in accruing Starwood Preferred Guest points via my Amex which think it gives me the best value for money until recently I noticed they don't offer ANY cash + points booking so I'm looking for an alternative use for my points and I always felt Airline miles offered the least value as you needed ALOT.
I do fly with MAS now and then on very last minute arrangement that give me good points, other than that I rely on my Maybank2Kard where the AMEX earn 5x TP for all transactions. 7000TP = 1000 Enrich Miles.

You should look at cards like Maybank Visa Infinite if you can meet the requirement (2x TP for local spending, 5x TP for oversea spending) 4500TP = 1000 Enrich Miles. Excellent if you make alot of oversea transactions as it require less point to redeem the 1000 EM compared to Maybank2Kard Amex.

Citibank also run promo with their new AMEX, basically you are made to pay the annual fee of RM600, spend 3k within certain period and convert the points to EM within the promo period - you would be rewarded with 60k Enrich Miles. Please do go through the T&C.

http://www.citibank.com.my/english/credit-...ode=MYCCLNCPAEC

This post has been edited by bearbear: Dec 20 2013, 11:52 AM
+Quote Post
talfred
post Dec 20 2013, 11:56 AM

Thanks for this - Good stuff!
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Jan 3 2014, 07:54 PM

any sifu had the experience to upgrade from economy to business using Enrich Miles? Can't seem to find much info on this.
+Quote Post
b00n
post Jan 3 2014, 08:11 PM

delusional
Group Icon

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jan 3 2014, 07:54 PM)
any sifu had the experience to upgrade from economy to business using Enrich Miles? Can't seem to find much info on this.
Try call enrich hotline, I believe they can do it.
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Jan 3 2014, 08:12 PM

ya it is on their website that they allow so but only Economy to Business or Business to First. Just wondering if it's worth to spend EM this way and if anyone here did it before. Will check with them for my next flight with them smile.gif

This post has been edited by bearbear: Jan 3 2014, 08:12 PM
+Quote Post
digitalcode
post Jan 3 2014, 08:17 PM

Getting Started

How come when I check my flight details for a redemption done via enrich cash + miles on the MAS system, it shows up as no record found? Is anyone facing the same?
+Quote Post
zenquix
post Jan 8 2014, 11:02 AM

Life is short!

systems are not linked. i.e. ticket fully redeemed with enrich miles also does not come up the MAS system

have to call in or go to KL Sentral
+Quote Post
zenquix
post Jan 8 2014, 11:04 AM

Life is short!

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jan 3 2014, 08:12 PM)
ya it is on their website that they allow so but only Economy to Business or Business to First. Just wondering if it's worth to spend EM this way and if anyone here did it before. Will check with them for my next flight with them smile.gif
They charge X miles + Y admin charge. X and Y depends on flight, destination and current booking you have. I believe only 1 class upgrade is available, and depend on seat availability and fare bucket you bought as well.
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Jan 8 2014, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback, will check them out on my next flight.
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Jan 8 2014, 11:58 AM

Casual

bro... have they charged your credit card for the flight redemption for ya CDG trip yet?
QUOTE(Gen-X @ Dec 7 2013, 09:43 AM)
Bro fly to KL first for few days and then to LA  smile.gif

When I get on the plane sometime mid May 2014 to CDG, I will yell out pspfan, pspfan.... hahaha

To ALL:

Enrich sale ending this Sunday... 8th December, 2 more days to go.

Part of below posted at MBB2 Thread, but thought I repeat here.

We all know that our nowadays our Treats Points has validity period of 3 years. One way to stretch it to 6 years is convert it to Enrich Miles (validity period 3 years too).

MAS is currently have a promo and so is Enrich Miles offering 50% discount until 8th December 2013. With the Enrich Miles 50% discount, the equivalent "cash back" we earn from using the Maybank Visa Infinite and Maybankard 2 Cards AMEX increases to 30.88% and 19% respectively. To learn more about how to maximize utilizing your credit cards Rewards Points, click on the link below:

Enrich Miles Sale Is Fantastic With Maybank Visa Infinite.

Actually, as most of you guys know, few months back there were 2 promotions for Enrich Miles. One was offered by Maybank where we get 10% Extra Enrich Miles at 1U and the other was offered directly by Enrich Miles. So in other words, I can say for the Enrich Miles converted from my MBB VI TP, I got more than 30.88% equivalent cash back for my trip to Europe. Or looking from another angle, I earned FREE RM30K for the 2 pax return trip to Europe on Business Class. I love my 5X Reward credit cards. Using credit cards beats the heck out compared to cash.

I used to redeem cash vouchers only; but since last year I started to use my Treats Points for Enrich Miles redemption only. Same goes for the UNIRinggit earned with my UOB VI - because I want to shiok sendiri owning the Privilege Banking UOB VI, I had to charge RM50K overseas with the stupid card (to get the RM1.8K annual fee auto waived - one still can go beg for waiver if spend less than RM50K) and get less Enrich Miles and pay higher conversion rate compared to the MBB VI.

And I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to hye as it was his previous postings on Enrich Miles that got me researching Enrich Miles for my articles and discovered the wonderful benefit of FREE air tickets with credit cards' reward points.
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Jan 8 2014, 12:21 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(pspfan @ Jan 8 2014, 11:58 AM)
bro... have they charged your credit card for the flight redemption for ya CDG trip yet?
Yes they did... on the spot as a matter in fact (received sms for both MYR and GBP transactions). As for my return from London, when I printed the itinerary, there was an ERROR message! Got me worried, so called Enrich immediately and they said my booking is confirm sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Jan 8 2014, 12:22 PM
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Jan 8 2014, 12:54 PM

On my way

Citibank credited the first half of the 60K bonus Enrich miles and I'm still collecting on the Maybank VI so by the time the next promotion comes around I'll easily have enough points to book another Biz return for 2 pax to most destinations smile.gif

I hope next year will be the same - first 10% extra miles for Maybank redemption then 50% off Enrich miles thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Jan 8 2014, 01:02 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Jan 8 2014, 12:21 PM)
Yes they did... on the spot as a matter in fact (received sms for both MYR and GBP transactions). As for my return from London, when I printed the itinerary, there was an ERROR message! Got me worried, so called Enrich immediately and they said my booking is confirm  sweat.gif
thats' funny, my wife received the itinerary via email and also sms on the spot. but till now no charges on her cards..

This post has been edited by pspfan: Jan 8 2014, 01:42 PM
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Jan 8 2014, 01:36 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(pspfan @ Jan 8 2014, 01:02 PM)
thats' funny, my wife received the itenary via email and also sms on the spot. but till now no charges on her cards..
Bro, I charged the trip to CDG with my MBB 2 AMEX and return via LHR with MBB VI. I recheck my statements and both have been posted and it's due soon.
+Quote Post
pspfan
post Jan 8 2014, 01:39 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Jan 8 2014, 01:36 PM)
Bro, I charged the trip to CDG with my MBB 2 AMEX and return via LHR with MBB VI. I recheck my statements and both have been posted and it's due soon.
yep , we did the same too.. nothing yet though.
+Quote Post
Devil4life
post Jan 13 2014, 05:40 PM

Getting Started

Not sure if this is the place to ask but let's say if someone bought a flight ticket for me to travel.

Can I still claim the airmiles? Eg : Cathay/MAS? If yes how do I claim it? Show my card when I check in?
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Jan 13 2014, 05:42 PM

as long as you are flying and the membership is under your name.

show them card / inform them your membership number during check in. If you miss it can also call their CS to claim back.
+Quote Post
tishaban
post Jan 14 2014, 07:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(rjb123 @ Jan 8 2014, 12:54 PM)
Citibank credited the first half of the 60K bonus Enrich miles and I'm still collecting on the Maybank VI so by the time the next promotion comes around I'll easily have enough points to book another Biz return for 2 pax to most destinations smile.gif
Damn I missed that Citibank bonus, was traveling and didn't see it on time. Argh sad.gif

Time to apply for the Maybank VI I guess, need to bring up my Enrich balance again.

+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Jan 14 2014, 11:51 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(tishaban @ Jan 14 2014, 07:13 PM)
Damn I missed that Citibank bonus, was traveling and didn't see it on time. Argh sad.gif

Time to apply for the Maybank VI I guess, need to bring up my Enrich balance again.
Remember my facebook account - www.facebook.com/GenXGenYGenZ and check it every week tongue.gif

Posted Citibank Promo on 1st October 2013 - https://www.facebook.com/GenXGenYGenZ/posts...5?stream_ref=10
+Quote Post
tishaban
post Jan 15 2014, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Jan 14 2014, 11:51 PM)
Remember my facebook account - www.facebook.com/GenXGenYGenZ and check it every week  tongue.gif

Posted Citibank Promo on 1st October 2013 - https://www.facebook.com/GenXGenYGenZ/posts...5?stream_ref=10
Thanks Gen-X, I don't focus all that much on my Malaysian CCs. Have been following your blog on and off, but flyertalk is where I'm usually at biggrin.gif but I'll keep checking your blog thanks!

This post has been edited by tishaban: Jan 15 2014, 11:57 AM
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Jan 15 2014, 12:02 PM

citibank charge Rm600 + Rm50 liao, time to spend rclxm9.gif
+Quote Post
1JZA31
post Jan 15 2014, 03:49 PM

Hi all sifus,
got a newbie question that i wanna ask...
If I buy mas tickets for 4 person, can I get points for all 4 persons or just the ticket under my name?

thanks in advance

+Quote Post
maiself
post Jan 15 2014, 03:52 PM

Pro Surfer

QUOTE(1JZA31 @ Jan 15 2014, 03:49 PM)
Hi all sifus,
got a newbie question that i wanna ask...
If I buy mas tickets for 4 person, can I get points for all 4 persons or just the ticket under my name?

thanks in advance
Cannot.. Only under individual name
+Quote Post
1JZA31
post Jan 15 2014, 03:58 PM

Thank you maiself for fast reply...

would also like to know is it possible to transfer enrich points between card members?

and can I convert my reward points from banks to another card member?

sorry for noob question.... have yet to sign up for enrich membership

+Quote Post
bearbear
post Jan 15 2014, 04:03 PM

QUOTE(1JZA31 @ Jan 15 2014, 03:58 PM)
Thank you maiself for fast reply...

would also like to know is it possible to transfer enrich points between card members?

and can I convert my reward points from banks to another card member?

sorry for noob question.... have yet to sign up for enrich membership
You can conver reward point from bank to someone else who is an Enrich member.
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Jan 15 2014, 11:27 PM

On my way

QUOTE(tishaban @ Jan 14 2014, 07:13 PM)

Yeah, decent promotion - worth the RM600 AF for me.

Just put RM20k through the VI , should get me another 22k Miles - waiting for the next promotion to redeem brows.gif
+Quote Post
+h0m@s..
post Jan 22 2014, 06:09 PM

Getting Started

i realised there is less in miles when i fly. Did they revised the miles??
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Jan 22 2014, 10:37 PM

QUOTE(+h0m@s.. @ Jan 22 2014, 06:09 PM)
they reward miles based on type of ticket u bought, cheaper/promo ticket get lesser miles.

+Quote Post
maiself
post Jan 23 2014, 08:25 AM

Pro Surfer

QUOTE(+h0m@s.. @ Jan 22 2014, 06:09 PM)
Me too.. Usually for MH Smart will received 100% of based miles & MH Basic will get 70%
For last month trip I received only 70% of their based miles..
+Quote Post
+h0m@s..
post Jan 23 2014, 11:31 AM

Getting Started

usually from KL to Miri with full flexi fare Ecoonomy Y fare is about 1060 miles. But now a days I only received 856 miles. any idea why?
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Jan 27 2014, 11:12 AM

QUOTE(rjb123 @ Jan 8 2014, 12:54 PM)

I hope next year will be the same - first 10% extra miles for Maybank redemption then 50% off Enrich miles  thumbup.gif
Calling sifu rjb123, the conversion is done online? Once you spend 3k and paid off the annual fee you would only have 3k points? I've paid the annual fee but yet to spend 3k pending company confirmation to fly, just wondering how it works as spending 3k only entitle to have 3k points?

This post has been edited by bearbear: Jan 27 2014, 11:12 AM
+Quote Post
digitalcode
post Jan 27 2014, 11:34 AM

Getting Started

how long does it take you to receive the 30k enrich miles from MAS? I've been waiting forever and it never came in...
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Jan 27 2014, 11:39 AM

i just re-read the whole thing again

so upon paying annual fee and spending 3k on this card;

1. Card member will receive 30k premier miles
2. Convert 30k premier miles to Enrich Miles
3. MAS will add on 30k EM on above

digitalcode, i presume you already had the 30k PM and converted to EM?
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Jan 27 2014, 11:56 AM

On my way

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jan 27 2014, 11:12 AM)
Calling sifu rjb123, the conversion is done online? Once you spend 3k and paid off the annual fee you would only have 3k points? I've paid the annual fee but yet to spend 3k pending company confirmation to fly, just wondering how it works as spending 3k only entitle to have 3k points?
This is for the PM Amex 60K bonus points

First 3K spent before the cut-off gets you 30K points, after redemption online it should credit you the next 30K. I've done the first 30K online and now waiting for the second lot to show up smile.gif
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Jan 27 2014, 11:57 AM

On my way

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jan 27 2014, 11:39 AM)
i just re-read the whole thing again

so upon paying annual fee and spending 3k on this card;

1. Card member will receive 30k premier miles
2. Convert 30k premier miles to Enrich Miles
3. MAS will add on 30k EM on above

digitalcode, i presume you already had the 30k PM and converted to EM?
Step 3. I think will be Citibank gives you additional 30K miles for conversion following the statement of the initial 30K conversion.

But I think my statement isn't due yet so can't say for 100%
+Quote Post
bearbear
post Jan 27 2014, 11:58 AM

QUOTE(rjb123 @ Jan 27 2014, 11:56 AM)
This is for the PM Amex 60K bonus points

First 3K spent before the cut-off gets you 30K points, after redemption online it should credit you the next 30K. I've done the first 30K online and now waiting for the second lot to show up smile.gif
yup PM Amex, thanks for confirming. Please let us know once you receive the other 30k EM
+Quote Post
rjb123
post Jan 27 2014, 12:10 PM

On my way