Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Malaysia Airline Enrich Miles, Get the best bang from your CC points :)

views

parsona
post Nov 15 2013, 04:10 PM

Enthusiast
808 posts

QUOTE(pspfan @ Nov 15 2013, 09:46 AM)
any idea when?
Their quarterly magazine coming out soon with the details.

Sneak peek:
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/enrich.html
r Nov - Jan issue rounds up an amazing year with Cash + Miles, 50% off Enrich Miles redemption and Dubai’s hidden wealth of attractions.
parsona
post Nov 19 2013, 01:42 AM

Enthusiast
808 posts

QUOTE(b00n @ Nov 19 2013, 01:21 AM)
Booking from when till when?
Didn't receive any email from enrich...
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/da...s_nov_jan14.pdf
In their latest issue, page 13. Don't think its in their system yet though.

REDEMPTION PERIOD
15 Nov – 15 Dec 2013
TRAVEL PERIOD
1 Jan – 30 June 2014

This post has been edited by parsona: Nov 19 2013, 01:43 AM
parsona
post Nov 19 2013, 01:47 AM

Enthusiast
808 posts

QUOTE(bkwu @ Nov 19 2013, 01:42 AM)
Hi Gen-X dai kor, benefit alot from your credit card post and also your blog.

I had been happily accumulating my maybank TP for quite sometime hoping to exchange for free flight tickets, but I was quite disappointed to found that MAS is charging "fuel & other surchage" which the cost alone could buy airasia tickets already..

so im wondering that is it normal for that kind of charge? or sometimes they do have promotion where you can exchange it with very little enrich miles.

For example, I tried to check the miles required to fly to taipei is 12500, and surcharge is around 400
12500 EM would be equivalent to RM 350 worth of jusco voucher, so the cost of that ticket would be RM750

with that price, one can easily buy tickets that cost about the same from MAS or airasia anytime..

so can you please enlighten me is there any way to get better value for converting TP to EM?
thanks!
EM are good for only certain destinations IMO. For example, flights to Paris is cheaper in cash (most of the time) than flights to London, but the EM value is the same. Therefore, its more worth it to use EM to redeem flights to London.

Also, I think EM is worthless if you wanna use it for a nearby destination. I would judge anything less than 8 hours travel duration to be not worth using EM.
parsona
post Nov 21 2013, 01:41 AM

Enthusiast
808 posts

I got quite a bit of Enrich miles to be redeemed, but no where to go atm. If anyone wants me to buy tickets for them using enrich, PM me. Preferably long haul flights.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0913sec    0.86    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:45 PM