Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
137 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V27, We Want Cheaper Price! (Unifi)

views

TSsHawTY
post Sep 21 2016, 10:17 AM, updated 5y ago

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
13,605 posts

user posted image

Welcome To The Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V27

Previous UniFi Threads
V1 | V2 | V3 | V4 | V5 | V6 | V7 | V8 | V9 | V10 | V11 | V12 | V13
V14 | V15 | V16 | V17 | V18 | V19 | V20 | V21 | V22 | V23 | V24 | V25 | V26

LYN UniFi Users
TM UniFi Coverage & Subscribers: V1 V2

About UniFi: UniFi ADVANCE UniFi PRO UniFi BIZ ADVANCE UniFi BIZ PRO

Complain to SKMM/CFM: SKMM CFM

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PROCEED
10 Things You Should Know About UniFi

1. This service is a 24- month contract and a termination fee of RM500 is chargeable for termination of service within the contract period.

2. If your premises reside in high rise building served via copper, you must terminate your existing Streamyx service (if any).

3. Minimal drilling is required for fibre installation to the premise. You will be responsible for providing TV and 4-socket extension cord to complete the installation. No installation appointment will be made for premises under renovation.

4. All triple play services (internet, voice and TV) must be activated during service installation. Partial service activation is not allowed.

5. UniFi is a wired broadband service. Wireless connectivity is an option and is subject to interference and obstructions factor.

6. UniFi account owner or authorised contact person must be available during the service installation. For high rise premises, owners are required to make arrangement with Building Management Office for installation permission, internal cabling and access to telecommunication room.

7. Installation fee includes external cable entrance up to the internal wiring with maximum of 15 metres for fiber cable, 15 meters for Ethernet/phone cables and 30 metres for casing (raceway). Additional charges will be applied for cable more than 15 metres and 30 metres casing (raceway) and charges will be included in your UniFi bill.

8. For other non-standard installation e.g. wiring above ceiling, underground and conceal wiring, you may appoint your own contractor or deal directly with TM appointed contractor. Payment will be made directly to the contractor.

9. Please provide correct and valid Billing Address / Postal Address. Select either paper bill or e-mail bill (please provide valid and preferred e-mail address). Bill is also accessible at myUniFi (https://occ.unifi.my). TM may impose a minimal monthly charge for paper bill with notification given.

10. All UniFi equipment provided by TM is subject to 12 months warranty period.

IMPORTANT NOTES (MUST READ)

Internal Wiring
Minimal drilling is required for fibre installation to the premise to allow fibre cable entrance into the house. Internal concealed wiring will not be carried out by TM. However, customers can arrange their own or choose from TM’s authorised list of contractors at their own expense. TM shall propose the recommended list of contractor for the concealed wiring (wall or ceiling). As this is beyond the job scope of RNO, customer will deal and make payment directly to the contractor. Operationally, reappointment is to be arranged when the conceal wiring is completed. Customer is required to inform TM for installation appointment.
Premise currently under renovation
During installation day, TM will not proceed if the customer premise is under renovation unless insist by customer, TM will charge customer accordingly if request for other appointment time. Customers who are having their home renovated are advised to inform TM prior setting service installation appointment. TM shall not be responsible for any damages resulted from construction and renovation done by customer through third party during or after the installation.
Customer Unreachable and Change of Appointment
Premise inaccessibility or deferment of installation appointment upon the installation team’s arrival at a customer’s premise will be subject to a charge of RM100. Re-appointment will be subject to time slot availability.
High-Rise VDSL & FTTH
For high-rise (condos, apartment, office building) ,TM would require to access the MDF/SDF room to physically activate the port which normally locked by the Building Management/Maintenance. Therefore, customers are required to communicate and make arrangement with your Building Management/Maintenance Office to ensure someone is available to grant the access to TM UniFi Installer to MDF/SDF room during the installation time. Without the access to MDF/SDF room, installation cannot be performed and TM has to revisit which will incur unnecessary cost to customer.
In the case of copper wired building that uses VDSL2 technology, successful delivery of UniFi services is subject to technical testing. TM has the right to cancel the order should the building copper wire is deemed as not passing the technical test or not ready to deliver the service.

Installation Guide

From making an appointment to the signing-off of the Service Acceptance Form, here is a complete step-by-step process of how we bring UniFi into your home or office.

Step 1: Appointment

Appointment is made at the point of registration. You may choose your preferred date and time for UniFi installation but please note that installation for FTTx (Fibre to the Home or Office) is expected to take between 4-8 hours, and for VDSL2, 2-3 hours.

24 hours prior to the agreed installation date and time, the TM UniFi Centre will call you for a final confirmation. Our UniFi technician will also call you just before he goes to the agreed address of installation.

Step 2: Site Assessment

Upon arrival at your home or office, our technician will brief you on the step-by-step process of the entire installation. This includes:

(i) Site assessessment (outdoor and indoor)
(ii) Cable entrance (drilling point for FTTx)
(iii) Equipment termination point
(iv) Route of wiring

In the case of FTTx installation, our technician will determine the location of the Fibre Distribution Point (FDP), whether it is located on an overhead pole, or underground. If the underground fibre access is blocked due to any home or office renovation, it may require a longer installation period than for overhead fibre access installation.

For VDSL2, site assessment is much quicker since our technician need only access the building’s MDF room and perform the necessary cabling there.
Note: VDSL2 - your existing Streamyx or Business Broadband access will be disabled during this exercise.

Step 3: Installation

It's time to complete the installation process. As part of this process, some minimal drilling may be required. After laying the cables we will determine which modem is suitable for your home. Indoor installation requires more time as our technician needs to lay the internal fibre optic cable. Cables of sufficient length will be provided. However, in cases where additional cable lengths are required, some minimal charges will be incurred. To prevent unsightly wiring, wires and cables will be housed in proper casings.

However, if you wish it to be a drill-free installation, and if the fibre optic cables are required to be pulled through your home or office ceiling, we have a panel of contractors that you can work with, the costs of which will be borne by you.

VDSL2 does not require drilling since UniFi connection will come from the existing phone jack in your home or office. For this premise type, indoor installation requires minimal setup time.

Step 4: Equipment Setup

After laying all the cables, it’s time to connect the equipment. Our technician will first set up the BTU followed by Premise Gateway, Set-top-Box (for Residential package only) and DECT Phone. Once the equipment is tested and works properly, our technician will then show you that all the services are in working order.

Step 5: Completion

You are required to sign-off a Service Acceptance Form (SAF) as part of the process to complete the installation work. For a complete understanding of what TM UniFi service is, please read the terms and conditions in your service agreement.

The fibre of UniFi: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/feature...fibre-of-unifi/
Getting Unified – A walkthrough: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/feature...-a-walkthrough/
The Unifi Installation – My Experience: http://www.shaolintiger.com/2010/12/29/the...-my-experience/

UniFi Set Up

* Thanks to TM twitter for the tweets, links to the article, blog (ShaolinTiger) & video (TheXMagellan)

klseet website for information on TM UniFi
http://klseet.com/
What is HyppTV ?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

HyppTV - Entertainment All The Time
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

HyppTV Link: YouTube F.A.Q

Added on TM UniFi Glossary Menu
TM UniFi Announcement & News

Official Website: TM Website TM Twitter TM Connects UniFi Website UniFi HyppTV

Related Website: UniFi Wikipedia UniFi YouTube UniFi Facebook

Customer Link: Customer Account Customer Rewards "TM Rewards"

Online Help & Support: Billing Guide Payment Guide OnlineHelp Speedometer F.A.Q

Technical Assistance 24/7: 100
E-Mail Support: [email protected]

Complain to SKMM/CFM: SKMM CFM

This post has been edited by sHawTY: Sep 21 2016, 10:20 AM
jcst83
post Sep 21 2016, 10:29 AM

Getting Started
210 posts

congrats.. thumbup.gif ....1st?....tongue.gif
akecema
post Sep 21 2016, 10:30 AM

Casual
381 posts

so i ask here la

i wanna ask something especially to who is UNIFI contractor
yesterday i go to my bos home to check her unifi installation.
the contractor install last week but my bos not satisfied with the contractor
because she has to pay CASH rm1500 to the contractor
so after check the installation i also not satisfied, so this is the question.

1. about the CASH my bos paid, as i remember any extra charge will charge on 1st bill not CASH to the contractor. the contractor pull the wire from 100M manhole not the manhole near her house. so the payment because of this.

2. i check the wire from manhole. the contractor pull wire from manhole and use inside longkang(about 40M) before go to my boss house. why they not use manhole to manhole? this is SOP for Unifi contractor? longkang got rat and water la
soyusa
post Sep 21 2016, 10:37 AM

On my way
521 posts

Congrats on new thread! smile.gif
megahertz
post Sep 21 2016, 10:39 AM

i always smiling, problem?
1,714 posts

any1 here used innocom rgx4400 provided by tm?
got any issue when browsing with phone?

mine the browsing sometimes always slow loading the website, need to wait around 10s to load. seem like slow dns
but test with laptop, no such issue
speed, got full speed , 30mbps down, 10mbpa up
dns: using google dns 8.8.8.8
ipv6 enabled, google ipv6 dns
latency jitter all should be fine.

but still slow browsing on my phone, both is android. using chrome.

got this issue when tm replace old router to this rgx4400

tywah
post Sep 21 2016, 01:08 PM

34 posts

parking
calvinlaw510
post Sep 21 2016, 01:25 PM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(akecema @ Sep 21 2016, 10:30 AM)
so i ask here la

i wanna ask something especially to who is UNIFI contractor
yesterday i go to my bos home to check her unifi installation.
the contractor install last week but my bos not satisfied with the contractor
because she has to pay CASH rm1500 to the contractor
so after check the installation i also not satisfied, so this is the question.

1. about the CASH my bos paid, as i remember any extra charge will charge on 1st bill not CASH to the contractor. the contractor pull the wire from 100M manhole not the manhole near her house. so the payment because of this.

2. i check the wire from manhole. the contractor pull wire from manhole and use inside longkang(about 40M) before go to my boss house. why they not use manhole to manhole? this is SOP for Unifi contractor? longkang got rat and water la
I think your boss get conned by the contractor, as my understanding the cable cost outside the house are not bear by the user, its bear by TM. Your boss better report to TM about his case.

This post has been edited by calvinlaw510: Sep 21 2016, 01:33 PM
night_stalker
post Sep 21 2016, 01:34 PM

24 posts

hi all,need ur help/inputs here..

just bought tplink ac750 to replace my old dir router for my unifi.after setup done and able to get wan ip at the status im not able to access to the internet via lan or wifi.any1 able to advise/help me on this issue?thank you in advance
akecema
post Sep 21 2016, 02:31 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(calvinlaw510 @ Sep 21 2016, 01:25 PM)
I think your boss get conned by the contractor, as my understanding the cable cost outside the house are not bear by the user, its bear by TM. Your boss better report to TM about his case.
i already tell her that the contractor con her
just need verification from lyn member especially about using longkang to connect 2 manhole
jolmy
post Sep 21 2016, 02:58 PM

Meow
1,124 posts

QUOTE(night_stalker @ Sep 21 2016, 01:34 PM)
hi all,need ur help/inputs here..

just bought tplink ac750 to replace my old dir router for my unifi.after setup done and able to get wan ip at the status im not able to access to the internet via lan or wifi.any1 able to advise/help me on this issue?thank you in advance
Does your devices (PC, phone, etc.) able to get IP address from the router?
giko
post Sep 21 2016, 04:12 PM

Casual
376 posts

bravo on V27!

are there any OKU unifi packages? TQ
soyusa
post Sep 21 2016, 05:04 PM

On my way
521 posts

QUOTE(giko @ Sep 21 2016, 04:12 PM)
bravo on V27!

are there any OKU unifi packages? TQ
There is OKU package for Unifi as in here.
Somehow it looks like TM have not update their latest 30Mbps/50Mbps for OKU yet. doh.gif
Their page still offer VIP5, VIP10 and VIP20. hmm.gif
dannielshazmeer
post Sep 21 2016, 05:25 PM

On my way
615 posts

NAT Acceleration On or Off
matt_rix
post Sep 21 2016, 05:38 PM

Regular
1,615 posts

Hye guys how to know if tm people actually is laying unifi cable? Just now got few tm workers digging hole and layinf cable...but not sure if its unifi or not. My area dont have unifi yet so should i get excited by this work done by tm?
jolmy
post Sep 21 2016, 05:42 PM

Meow
1,124 posts

QUOTE(matt_rix @ Sep 21 2016, 05:38 PM)
Hye guys how to know if tm people actually is laying unifi cable? Just now got few tm workers digging hole and layinf cable...but not sure if its unifi or not. My area dont have unifi yet so should i get excited by this work done by tm?
usually they place a signage on the road something like "Projek Jalur Lebar Tinggi"
shah770
post Sep 21 2016, 05:43 PM

44 posts

Hello can anyone tell me that is legit ?

I've requested to TM that I want 30MBPS speed for Rm179 previous promotion price currently is RM199, 3 days later I received a call and they said I'm eligible for this promotion. While gathering all info such as payment,speed etc.. I asked her if I could just go to TM point and upgrade there because I've other bills to pay. She said no TM point will give you the current price then I ask how could you give me the promotion price? and she said she's from sales department and she have authority to do that.

All the equipment remain same(Unifi 5Mbps equipments) as she said she will upgrade from there (Only speeds) I will get another 2 years contract again and 1 year contract for all equipment replacement for free which means I can call TM technicians to change my equipment ( Because I really need to change my router tho ).

Anyone had this experience before ? I haven't upgraded it yet I've requested for 1 day time to consider but still feels a bit suspicious...

Should I do it ?
matt_rix
post Sep 21 2016, 05:46 PM

Regular
1,615 posts

QUOTE(jolmy @ Sep 21 2016, 05:42 PM)
usually they place a signage on the road something like "Projek Jalur Lebar Tinggi"
Hm they only place sign
Awas kerja2 TM di hadapan.

I am wondering what other cable TM lays underground..other than unifi cable
ctwl368
post Sep 21 2016, 05:47 PM

32 posts

When you all download torrent, are you using vpn. I was able to get into extratorrent.cc downloaded one pdf and then it kena blocked di.
jolmy
post Sep 21 2016, 05:56 PM

Meow
1,124 posts

QUOTE(matt_rix @ Sep 21 2016, 05:46 PM)
Hm they only place sign
Awas kerja2 TM di hadapan.

I am wondering what other cable TM lays underground..other than unifi cable
It could also be maintenance works by TM such as replacing faulty cables.

Don't forget, besides fibre optics cable, TM also have copper cables underneath.
matt_rix
post Sep 21 2016, 06:01 PM

Regular
1,615 posts

QUOTE(jolmy @ Sep 21 2016, 05:56 PM)
It could also be maintenance works by TM such as replacing faulty cables.

Don't forget, besides fibre optics cable, TM also have copper cables underneath.
Alamak. I thought all copper cable are by the tiang.

137 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0255sec    0.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th August 2021 - 02:45 AM