Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V27, We Want Cheaper Price!

views

TSsHawTY
post Sep 21 2016, 10:17 AM, updated 8y ago

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

user posted image

Welcome To The Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V27

Previous UniFi Threads
V1 | V2 | V3 | V4 | V5 | V6 | V7 | V8 | V9 | V10 | V11 | V12 | V13
V14 | V15 | V16 | V17 | V18 | V19 | V20 | V21 | V22 | V23 | V24 | V25 | V26

LYN UniFi Users
TM UniFi Coverage & Subscribers: V1 V2

About UniFi: UniFi ADVANCE UniFi PRO UniFi BIZ ADVANCE UniFi BIZ PRO

Complain to SKMM/CFM: SKMM CFM

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PROCEED
10 Things You Should Know About UniFi

1. This service is a 24- month contract and a termination fee of RM500 is chargeable for termination of service within the contract period.

2. If your premises reside in high rise building served via copper, you must terminate your existing Streamyx service (if any).

3. Minimal drilling is required for fibre installation to the premise. You will be responsible for providing TV and 4-socket extension cord to complete the installation. No installation appointment will be made for premises under renovation.

4. All triple play services (internet, voice and TV) must be activated during service installation. Partial service activation is not allowed.

5. UniFi is a wired broadband service. Wireless connectivity is an option and is subject to interference and obstructions factor.

6. UniFi account owner or authorised contact person must be available during the service installation. For high rise premises, owners are required to make arrangement with Building Management Office for installation permission, internal cabling and access to telecommunication room.

7. Installation fee includes external cable entrance up to the internal wiring with maximum of 15 metres for fiber cable, 15 meters for Ethernet/phone cables and 30 metres for casing (raceway). Additional charges will be applied for cable more than 15 metres and 30 metres casing (raceway) and charges will be included in your UniFi bill.

8. For other non-standard installation e.g. wiring above ceiling, underground and conceal wiring, you may appoint your own contractor or deal directly with TM appointed contractor. Payment will be made directly to the contractor.

9. Please provide correct and valid Billing Address / Postal Address. Select either paper bill or e-mail bill (please provide valid and preferred e-mail address). Bill is also accessible at myUniFi (https://occ.unifi.my). TM may impose a minimal monthly charge for paper bill with notification given.

10. All UniFi equipment provided by TM is subject to 12 months warranty period.

IMPORTANT NOTES (MUST READ)

Internal Wiring
Minimal drilling is required for fibre installation to the premise to allow fibre cable entrance into the house. Internal concealed wiring will not be carried out by TM. However, customers can arrange their own or choose from TM’s authorised list of contractors at their own expense. TM shall propose the recommended list of contractor for the concealed wiring (wall or ceiling). As this is beyond the job scope of RNO, customer will deal and make payment directly to the contractor. Operationally, reappointment is to be arranged when the conceal wiring is completed. Customer is required to inform TM for installation appointment.
Premise currently under renovation
During installation day, TM will not proceed if the customer premise is under renovation unless insist by customer, TM will charge customer accordingly if request for other appointment time. Customers who are having their home renovated are advised to inform TM prior setting service installation appointment. TM shall not be responsible for any damages resulted from construction and renovation done by customer through third party during or after the installation.
Customer Unreachable and Change of Appointment
Premise inaccessibility or deferment of installation appointment upon the installation team’s arrival at a customer’s premise will be subject to a charge of RM100. Re-appointment will be subject to time slot availability.
High-Rise VDSL & FTTH
For high-rise (condos, apartment, office building) ,TM would require to access the MDF/SDF room to physically activate the port which normally locked by the Building Management/Maintenance. Therefore, customers are required to communicate and make arrangement with your Building Management/Maintenance Office to ensure someone is available to grant the access to TM UniFi Installer to MDF/SDF room during the installation time. Without the access to MDF/SDF room, installation cannot be performed and TM has to revisit which will incur unnecessary cost to customer.
In the case of copper wired building that uses VDSL2 technology, successful delivery of UniFi services is subject to technical testing. TM has the right to cancel the order should the building copper wire is deemed as not passing the technical test or not ready to deliver the service.

Installation Guide

From making an appointment to the signing-off of the Service Acceptance Form, here is a complete step-by-step process of how we bring UniFi into your home or office.

Step 1: Appointment

Appointment is made at the point of registration. You may choose your preferred date and time for UniFi installation but please note that installation for FTTx (Fibre to the Home or Office) is expected to take between 4-8 hours, and for VDSL2, 2-3 hours.

24 hours prior to the agreed installation date and time, the TM UniFi Centre will call you for a final confirmation. Our UniFi technician will also call you just before he goes to the agreed address of installation.

Step 2: Site Assessment

Upon arrival at your home or office, our technician will brief you on the step-by-step process of the entire installation. This includes:

(i) Site assessessment (outdoor and indoor)
(ii) Cable entrance (drilling point for FTTx)
(iii) Equipment termination point
(iv) Route of wiring

In the case of FTTx installation, our technician will determine the location of the Fibre Distribution Point (FDP), whether it is located on an overhead pole, or underground. If the underground fibre access is blocked due to any home or office renovation, it may require a longer installation period than for overhead fibre access installation.

For VDSL2, site assessment is much quicker since our technician need only access the building’s MDF room and perform the necessary cabling there.
Note: VDSL2 - your existing Streamyx or Business Broadband access will be disabled during this exercise.

Step 3: Installation

It's time to complete the installation process. As part of this process, some minimal drilling may be required. After laying the cables we will determine which modem is suitable for your home. Indoor installation requires more time as our technician needs to lay the internal fibre optic cable. Cables of sufficient length will be provided. However, in cases where additional cable lengths are required, some minimal charges will be incurred. To prevent unsightly wiring, wires and cables will be housed in proper casings.

However, if you wish it to be a drill-free installation, and if the fibre optic cables are required to be pulled through your home or office ceiling, we have a panel of contractors that you can work with, the costs of which will be borne by you.

VDSL2 does not require drilling since UniFi connection will come from the existing phone jack in your home or office. For this premise type, indoor installation requires minimal setup time.

Step 4: Equipment Setup

After laying all the cables, it’s time to connect the equipment. Our technician will first set up the BTU followed by Premise Gateway, Set-top-Box (for Residential package only) and DECT Phone. Once the equipment is tested and works properly, our technician will then show you that all the services are in working order.

Step 5: Completion

You are required to sign-off a Service Acceptance Form (SAF) as part of the process to complete the installation work. For a complete understanding of what TM UniFi service is, please read the terms and conditions in your service agreement.

The fibre of UniFi: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/feature...fibre-of-unifi/
Getting Unified – A walkthrough: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/feature...-a-walkthrough/
The Unifi Installation – My Experience: http://www.shaolintiger.com/2010/12/29/the...-my-experience/

UniFi Set Up

* Thanks to TM twitter for the tweets, links to the article, blog (ShaolinTiger) & video (TheXMagellan)

klseet website for information on TM UniFi
http://klseet.com/
What is HyppTV ?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

HyppTV - Entertainment All The Time
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

HyppTV Link: YouTube F.A.Q

Added on TM UniFi Glossary Menu
TM UniFi Announcement & News

Official Website: TM Website TM Twitter TM Connects UniFi Website UniFi HyppTV

Related Website: UniFi Wikipedia UniFi YouTube UniFi Facebook

Customer Link: Customer Account Customer Rewards "TM Rewards"

Online Help & Support: Billing Guide Payment Guide OnlineHelp Speedometer F.A.Q

Technical Assistance 24/7: 100
E-Mail Support: unifi@tm.com.my

Complain to SKMM/CFM: SKMM CFM

This post has been edited by sHawTY: Sep 21 2016, 10:20 AM
TSsHawTY
post Sep 22 2016, 04:25 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(dannielshazmeer @ Sep 22 2016, 04:05 PM)
i want unifi 50mbps on high rise building
Can
Move to newer apartment that uses full fiber connection

For older apartments that uses copper also can, tell the building management to pay for the Fiber layout
Kalau BM banyak soal, tell everyone in the building to stop paying service charge until BM agree to pay for the Fiber layout
TSsHawTY
post Sep 23 2016, 12:02 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(jhleo1 @ Sep 23 2016, 10:50 AM)
What for need to buy new router by your own.
Because everything provided by TM is crap
It's a fact. Everyone knows it
TSsHawTY
post Sep 26 2016, 04:42 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(jeeshenlee @ Sep 26 2016, 02:12 PM)
Hi,

Need help. Just upgraded my office Unifi from 50Mb to 100Mb but couldn't get my Asus RT-N14UHP (which works fine previously with 50Mb) to get the 100Mb. The newly installed 100Mb works fine with the TM given router (Dlink DIR 850L).

Please help. I'm thinking to replace the DLINK DIR 850L with my ASUS RT-N14UHP cause it seems stable and suitable for office usage.
You cannot get 100Mbps through LAN cable or through WiFi?
And what device do you use to run the speedtest? Phones? Tablets? Laptops or desktop PC connected using LAN cable directly to the router?
TSsHawTY
post Sep 29 2016, 07:15 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(Slyke @ Sep 29 2016, 06:26 PM)
Is it suppose to be like this?
When you run the Speedtest, did you use LAN cable or WiFi?
TSsHawTY
post Sep 30 2016, 11:44 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(DecaPix @ Sep 30 2016, 10:40 AM)
What the?! Modem now no longer under lifetime warranty?
That should be a typo

Home Gateway is the router.
Modem should be the Broadband Termination Unit (BTU)
TSsHawTY
post Oct 6 2016, 02:03 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(chicargo @ Oct 6 2016, 01:26 PM)
anyone can advise is there a limit to how many holes the installer will drill for unifi set up?

for my case the cable from the back needs to pass through back room -> store room -> living room. Will they drill all 3 holes as part of free installation?
The free installation is only for the first 15 meters counting from the entrance of the first hole they need to drill for the Fiber cable to enter your house

You will be charged if the total Fiber cable they need to use exceed 15 meters
If they are trying to charge you for less than 15 meters, call the TM helpline right away, file a report to TM helpline right infront of the installer stating their name, the phone number that they use to call you when they arrive at your home
If they told you count 15 meters from the pole, that's a scam as well
Ignore the installer even if they begged you not to file a report. Cancelling the report will only encourage them to make the same mistake to other customers

TM Helpline - 100
TSsHawTY
post Oct 8 2016, 05:18 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(kakisemut @ Oct 8 2016, 02:55 PM)
is there any rebate for changing?
No
TSsHawTY
post Oct 10 2016, 03:44 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(kelvin988 @ Oct 8 2016, 07:39 PM)
if u subsribe from my team before 9/10 u will get offer price of  179 for 30mbps unifi without the voice call pack, pleqse pm me if intrested
Advertisement is not allowed in here. Nak kena ban?

This post has been edited by sHawTY: Oct 10 2016, 03:44 PM
TSsHawTY
post Oct 10 2016, 07:43 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(kelvin988 @ Oct 10 2016, 05:09 PM)
Ok i delete lol
I don't create the rules, the forum user posted image does
If you think this is funny, go ahead and keep advertising in here & wait until you receive a warning from the forum admins
TSsHawTY
post Oct 13 2016, 10:38 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(tohff7 @ Oct 13 2016, 10:20 AM)
I am still on VIP5. Anybody know any ways to get a free upgrade to 10mbps from TM?

Already past 2 year contract (ended in March) and also prompt payment via auto-debit since subscribing the service.
QUOTE(soyusa @ Oct 13 2016, 10:31 AM)
I called TM few days ago after my contract ended on last month and ask for free upgrade to 10Mbps.
Somehow they told me that the free upgrade is based on "selected customer" and they do not offer free upgrade automatically after contract expired.  cry.gif
Too bad I am not their list even though prompt payment for past two years.  doh.gif  dry.gif
Call TM helpline and ask them the process of termination
When they ask why, just tell them you are getting lower price with Maxis Fibre

Soon someone from the promotion team will call you back with some offers
TSsHawTY
post Oct 17 2016, 09:49 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Oct 17 2016, 09:21 AM)
How much does it cost to relocate the unifi?
Free of charge
Though I do see some people mentioning the free relocation is only for the first time
TSsHawTY
post Oct 17 2016, 10:05 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Oct 17 2016, 10:00 AM)
Need to relocate it back to hometown till my new condo got Unifi ZZZ.
Find a different place with UniFi coverage, easier
TSsHawTY
post Oct 17 2016, 10:16 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Oct 17 2016, 10:07 AM)
Unless I can immediately sell this property, that's not an option for now laugh.gif
Rent it out lor, then use the rent money to rent another place laugh.gif
TSsHawTY
post Oct 17 2016, 11:01 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 17 2016, 10:30 AM)
Thanks. Mine is a landed property and the cabling was done from outside straight to my room, they drilled a small hole on my ceiling and pulled down the cable to BTU.
How to remove the whole thing ya? Or left it dangling there? hmm.gif Hopefully my owner didn't see it. laugh.gif
Just remove the Fiber cable from the back of the BTU, no need to cabut the Fiber cable on the wall laugh.gif
TSsHawTY
post Oct 17 2016, 11:50 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 17 2016, 11:28 AM)
Including the little box, I don't know what is it called? The one connects to BTU?
You mean the Fiber termination point? No, don't remove that
You don't have to take any Fiber cable with you at all

Just these items:
1. BTU & AC Adaptor
2. Router & AC Adaptor
3. HyppTV, HyppTV Remove & AC Adaptor
4. DECT phone, ADSL cable & AC Adaptor
5. Some Ethernet cable (I prefer to use new units whenever I relocate to new place)
TSsHawTY
post Oct 17 2016, 11:59 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 17 2016, 11:56 AM)
Alright got it! I just scared my owner found out I drilled his ceiling. blush.gif
Just tell him/her that TM do that to install UniFi lor
Then he/she can't blame you
TSsHawTY
post Oct 17 2016, 01:49 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 17 2016, 01:38 PM)
Can I call UniFi to pull out for me before I move out? unsure.gif
If you're willing to pay them, sure
TSsHawTY
post Oct 17 2016, 06:48 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(skywardsword @ Oct 17 2016, 06:16 PM)
Anyone know what my problem is? I have factory reset my tp-link c7. And still can't get hypptv working.

Appreciate any help.
How did you type your PPPoE username?

Example: ninja@unifi or ninja@unifi.com
TSsHawTY
post Oct 18 2016, 10:33 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(meme00 @ Oct 18 2016, 07:44 PM)
I want to cancel my UNIFI, do I have return all equipment to TMpoint?
If your contract is over, you only have to return the BTU (Broadband Termination Unit). The rest you can keep it for yourself
If you're not sure which one is BTU, take a picture of all the hardware TM gave to you then we'll point out which one is the BTU

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0832sec    0.12    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:47 PM