Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
143 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V20, ( -_・) ︻デ═一▸ Maxis & Time

views

TSMika
post Jan 17 2015, 06:09 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
296 posts

user posted image
user posted image

Malaysia High Speed Broadband Project

Welcome To The Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V20

Previous UniFi Threads
V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 V6 V7 V8 V9 V10 V11 V12 V13 V14 V15 V16 V17 V18 V19

LYN UniFi Users
TM UniFi Coverage & Subscribers: V1 V2

About UniFi: Home "VIP" Office "BIZ"

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PROCEED
10 Things You Should Know About UniFi

1. This service is a 24- month contract and a termination fee of RM500 is chargeable for termination of service within the contract period.

2. If your premises reside in high rise building served via copper, you must terminate your existing Streamyx service (if any).

3. Minimal drilling is required for fibre installation to the premise. You will be responsible for providing TV and 4-socket extension cord to complete the installation. No installation appointment will be made for premises under renovation.

4. All triple play services (internet, voice and TV) must be activated during service installation. Partial service activation is not allowed.

5. UniFi is a wired broadband service. Wireless connectivity is an option and is subject to interference and obstructions factor.

6. UniFi account owner or authorised contact person must be available during the service installation. For high rise premises, owners are required to make arrangement with Building Management Office for installation permission, internal cabling and access to telecommunication room.

7. Installation fee includes external cable entrance up to the internal wiring with maximum of 15 metres for fiber cable, 15 meters for Ethernet/phone cables and 30 metres for casing (raceway). Additional charges will be applied for cable more than 15 metres and 30 metres casing (raceway) and charges will be included in your UniFi bill.

8. For other non-standard installation e.g. wiring above ceiling, underground and conceal wiring, you may appoint your own contractor or deal directly with TM appointed contractor. Payment will be made directly to the contractor.

9. Please provide correct and valid Billing Address / Postal Address. Select either paper bill or e-mail bill (please provide valid and preferred e-mail address). Bill is also accessible at myUniFi (https://occ.unifi.my). TM may impose a minimal monthly charge for paper bill with notification given.

10. All UniFi equipment provided by TM is subject to 12 months warranty period.

IMPORTANT NOTES (MUST READ)

Internal Wiring
Minimal drilling is required for fibre installation to the premise to allow fibre cable entrance into the house. Internal concealed wiring will not be carried out by TM. However, customers can arrange their own or choose from TM’s authorised list of contractors at their own expense. TM shall propose the recommended list of contractor for the concealed wiring (wall or ceiling). As this is beyond the job scope of RNO, customer will deal and make payment directly to the contractor. Operationally, reappointment is to be arranged when the conceal wiring is completed. Customer is required to inform TM for installation appointment.
Premise currently under renovation
During installation day, TM will not proceed if the customer premise is under renovation unless insist by customer, TM will charge customer accordingly if request for other appointment time. Customers who are having their home renovated are advised to inform TM prior setting service installation appointment. TM shall not be responsible for any damages resulted from construction and renovation done by customer through third party during or after the installation.
Customer Unreachable and Change of Appointment
Premise inaccessibility or deferment of installation appointment upon the installation team’s arrival at a customer’s premise will be subject to a charge of RM100. Re-appointment will be subject to time slot availability.
High-Rise VDSL & FTTH
For high-rise (condos, apartment, office building) ,TM would require to access the MDF/SDF room to physically activate the port which normally locked by the Building Management/Maintenance. Therefore, customers are required to communicate and make arrangement with your Building Management/Maintenance Office to ensure someone is available to grant the access to TM UniFi Installer to MDF/SDF room during the installation time. Without the access to MDF/SDF room, installation cannot be performed and TM has to revisit which will incur unnecessary cost to customer.
In the case of copper wired building that uses VDSL2 technology, successful delivery of UniFi services is subject to technical testing. TM has the right to cancel the order should the building copper wire is deemed as not passing the technical test or not ready to deliver the service.

Requirements & Installation Guide

From making an appointment to the signing-off of the Service Acceptance Form, here is a complete step-by-step process of how we bring UniFi into your home or office.

Step 1: Appointment

Appointment is made at the point of registration. You may choose your preferred date and time for UniFi installation but please note that installation for FTTx (Fibre to the Home or Office) is expected to take between 4-8 hours, and for VDSL2, 2-3 hours.

24 hours prior to the agreed installation date and time, the TM UniFi Centre will call you for a final confirmation. Our UniFi technician will also call you just before he goes to the agreed address of installation.

Step 2: Site Assessment

Upon arrival at your home or office, our technician will brief you on the step-by-step process of the entire installation. This includes:

(i) Site assessessment (outdoor and indoor)
(ii) Cable entrance (drilling point for FTTx)
(iii) Equipment termination point
(iv) Route of wiring

In the case of FTTx installation, our technician will determine the location of the Fibre Distribution Point (FDP), whether it is located on an overhead pole, or underground. If the underground fibre access is blocked due to any home or office renovation, it may require a longer installation period than for overhead fibre access installation.

For VDSL2, site assessment is much quicker since our technician need only access the building’s MDF room and perform the necessary cabling there.
Note: VDSL2 - your existing Streamyx or Business Broadband access will be disabled during this exercise.

Step 3: Installation

It's time to complete the installation process. As part of this process, some minimal drilling may be required. After laying the cables we will determine which modem is suitable for your home. Indoor installation requires more time as our technician needs to lay the internal fibre optic cable. Cables of sufficient length will be provided. However, in cases where additional cable lengths are required, some minimal charges will be incurred. To prevent unsightly wiring, wires and cables will be housed in proper casings.

However, if you wish it to be a drill-free installation, and if the fibre optic cables are required to be pulled through your home or office ceiling, we have a panel of contractors that you can work with, the costs of which will be borne by you.

VDSL2 does not require drilling since UniFi connection will come from the existing phone jack in your home or office. For this premise type, indoor installation requires minimal setup time.

Step 4: Equipment Setup

After laying all the cables, it’s time to connect the equipment. Our technician will first set up the BTU followed by Premise Gateway, Set-top-Box (for Residential package only) and DECT Phone. Once the equipment is tested and works properly, our technician will then show you that all the services are in working order.

Step 5: Completion

You are required to sign-off a Service Acceptance Form (SAF) as part of the process to complete the installation work. For a complete understanding of what TM UniFi service is, please read the terms and conditions in your service agreement.

The fibre of UniFi: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/feature...fibre-of-unifi/
Getting Unified – A walkthrough: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/feature...-a-walkthrough/
The Unifi Installation – My Experience: http://www.shaolintiger.com/2010/12/29/the...-my-experience/

UniFi Set Up

* Thanks to TM twitter for the tweets, links to the article, blog (ShaolinTiger) & video (TheXMagellan)

klseet website for information on TM UniFi
http://klseet.com/

rizvanrp website of the unofficial HSBB (UniFi) "handbook"
http://unifi.athena.my/
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

HyppTV
user posted image

What is HyppTV ?

HyppTV - Entertainment All The Time

HyppTV Link: YouTube F.A.Q

Added on TM UniFi Glossary Menu
TM UniFi Announcement & News

Terms & Conditions: Home "VIP" Office "BIZ"

Official Website: TM Website TM Twitter TM Connects UniFi Website UniFi HyppTV

Related Website: UniFi Wikipedia UniFi YouTube UniFi Facebook

Customer Link: Customer Account Customer E-Mail Customer Rewards "TM Rewards"

Online Help & Support: Billing Guide Payment Guide Support Guide Speedometer F.A.Q

Technical Assistance 24/7: 1300-88-1221
E-Mail Support: unifi@tm.com.my

user posted image user posted image

Added on LATEST TM UniFi PROMOTION !!
LATEST TM UniFi PROMOTION !!

Promotion Period UniFi Package Package Price/Month (Exclusive GST) Promotion Summary
15/01/15 - 30/06/15 VIP10 (10Mbps) Bundle JumboPack RM209 Bundle HyppTV JumboPack with 88 Channel worth RM276/Month
15/01/15 - 30/06/15 VIP20 (20Mbps) Bundle JumboPack RM259 Bundle HyppTV JumboPack with 88 Channel worth RM276/Month
04/06/15 - 15/06/15 VIP10 (10Mbps) Special Offer !! RM199 RM179 After Discount RM20/Month From RM199

user posted image

Added on Agreement
Maxis & P1 agreement on using TM UniFi HSBB Access Services !!
Agreement with Maxis on 15-12-2010 Agreement with P1 on 13-10-2011
So, even you apply Maxis or P1 Fibre, it's in high percentage that you are using TM UniFi HSBB Access Services !! laugh.gif

Partnership on Developing a Next-Generation LTE Infrastructure
Agreement with SK Telecom Co. Ltd, Green Packet Berhad (GP) & Packet One Sdn. Bhd. (P1) on 27-03-2014

This post has been edited by Mika: Jun 16 2015, 01:29 PM
TSMika
post Jan 17 2015, 06:41 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

user posted image

user posted image
Chengi
post Jan 17 2015, 06:45 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

very informative
ryanice8888
post Jan 17 2015, 07:35 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

Hi, can someone recommend me a good router that supports new wifi technology (802.11ac)?

bought dir-820l (rm150) and it sucked so bad.

so gonna expand my budget to rm600 for a better router, recommend me please.
janson_kaniaz
post Jan 17 2015, 07:56 PM

6,945 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 17 2015, 05:16 PM)
there r heavy n sophisticated users ipv6, dual bandwidth, nas wireless connectivity, heavy gaming, etc.

yrs... think considered light/normal....
thanks. do I need to ask the seller to help me configure or it should b straight forward based on the thread u linked earlier. the unifi guy passed me a sheet of paper with my username and password and asked me to ask the seller to configure...
TSMika
post Jan 17 2015, 08:21 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(ryanice8888 @ Jan 17 2015, 07:35 PM)
Hi, can someone recommend me a good router that supports new wifi technology (802.11ac)?

bought dir-820l (rm150) and it sucked so bad.

so gonna expand my budget to rm600 for a better router, recommend me please.
Hi,

So far overall, this has been one of the best in the market.

user posted image
ASUS 1900Mbps Wireless-AC Dual-Band 2.4GHz+5GHz Router (RT-AC68U): RM699
FREE ASUS WebStorage 100GB worth US$22.99
user posted image
• Dual-WAN: WAN/USB/LAN + WAN/USB/LAN with Load Balancer "2 Shared Internet Connection"
• 1-Port 1.0Gbps WAN, 4-Port 1.0Gbps LAN, 1-Port USB2.0, 1-Port USB3.0
• CPU: Broadcom 800MHz Dual-Core, RAM: 256MB, Flash: 128MB
• Support: TM UniFi, DD-WRT, OpenWRT, VPN, YES 4G Go & Compatible 3G/4G USB Modem
• Config Mode: Router / Access Point / Repeater
ywkwy
post Jan 17 2015, 09:08 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

Wanted to subscribe VIP 20 but being told that the port is full, what can I do besides wait?
AVFAN
post Jan 17 2015, 10:03 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(janson_kaniaz @ Jan 17 2015, 07:56 PM)
thanks. do I need to ask the seller to help me configure or it should b straight forward based on the thread u linked earlier. the unifi guy passed me a sheet of paper with my username and password and asked me to ask the seller to configure...
it's quite straightforward for diy.

but if buying at shop (not online), can get the guy there to configure for u since u already have the userid n pw which r required when changing router. if pre-configured, u just get home, replace (same wiring/connections), plug n play only!
preducer
post Jan 17 2015, 11:32 PM

2,838 posts

Is unifi down at the moment?
christina1
post Jan 18 2015, 09:01 AM

Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.
1,998 posts

Call customer service existing Unifi 10 Mega Sport Pack customer is not entitled for the Jumbo Pack...

I am really pissed off with Unifi sometimes...
janson_kaniaz
post Jan 18 2015, 11:34 AM

6,945 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 17 2015, 10:03 PM)
it's quite straightforward for diy.

but if buying at shop (not online), can get the guy there to configure for u since u already have the userid n pw which r required when changing router. if pre-configured, u just get home, replace (same wiring/connections), plug n play only!
just got the router you suggested, currently replying with my up and running wifi biggrin.gif

thanks a lot, man. you were really helpful thumbup.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

btw, has anyone changed the motorola phone provided by TM as part of the unifi package with ordinary phone? i find the phone is not serving any purpose now since the battery dies very quickly...

This post has been edited by janson_kaniaz: Jan 18 2015, 11:35 AM
hanny562
post Jan 18 2015, 01:11 PM

Enthusiast
943 posts

Anyone know how to setup Unifi on pfsense? I tried this guide : http://highsecurity.blogspot.com/2011/08/p...d-tm-unifi.html

it won't dial up the connection. PPP log keep says retrying..

This post has been edited by hanny562: Jan 18 2015, 01:52 PM
j45on
post Jan 18 2015, 01:23 PM

Casual
348 posts

Hi, me too is looking for a wireless AP that can handle more devices. Should I go for the ASUS RT-AC68U as well?

I am currently subscribed to unifi's 10mbps package. There appears to be a bottleneck with the current stock dlink AP whenever it handles 5-10 or more connected devices at any one time.

Your advise is appreciated!

This post has been edited by j45on: Jan 18 2015, 01:24 PM
Max
post Jan 18 2015, 01:45 PM

Regular
1,684 posts

parking... subscribing...
blacktubi
post Jan 18 2015, 02:06 PM

-
Group Icon
Elite
7,508 posts

QUOTE(j45on @ Jan 18 2015, 01:23 PM)

Hi, me too is looking for a wireless AP that can handle more devices. Should I go for the ASUS RT-AC68U as well?

I am currently subscribed to unifi's 10mbps package. There appears to be a bottleneck with the current stock dlink AP whenever it handles 5-10 or more connected devices at any one time.

Your advise is appreciated!
Go for it if you can afford it, AC68U is a really powerful device. Works well with Unifi and have lots of feature.
Harapan
post Jan 18 2015, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

How to check whether you're still in contract?
AVFAN
post Jan 18 2015, 04:46 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(janson_kaniaz @ Jan 18 2015, 11:34 AM)
just got the router you suggested, currently replying with my up and running wifi  biggrin.gif

thanks a lot, man. you were really helpful  thumbup.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif

btw, has anyone changed the motorola phone provided by TM as part of the unifi package with ordinary phone? i find the phone is not serving any purpose now since the battery dies very quickly...
nice. wink.gif

they now give motorola phone? my panasonic, still good after 3+yrs.
anyway, i have plugged it into an ordinary phone before, it works, so u can try any phone!
MGM
post Jan 18 2015, 07:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,386 posts

Is there any additional charges for the Unifi setup on the upper floor of a double-storey house?
soR
post Jan 18 2015, 09:24 PM

Regular
1,140 posts

Is unifi srsly slow right now? cant even stream twitch..... unifi vip 5
vez
post Jan 18 2015, 11:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,396 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Jan 18 2015, 07:33 PM)
Is there any additional charges for the Unifi setup on the upper floor of a double-storey house?
if additional cable length is required, the contractor will charge additional cost, you may refer TM site for more info.

143 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0251sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:30 PM