Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Digital TV Station Malaysia, How do I tune to digital TV station?

views

TSezlife
post Jun 16 2011, 11:02 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
121 posts

How do I actually tune into digital TV station in Malaysia/Klang Valley? Anyone successfully done so and how is the qualtiy?

Ref:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_television_in_Malaysia

RTM2 Digital 658MHz, SID 2 DVB-T over Klang Valley
Frequency unknown, BAND III DMB-T/H over Klang Valley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV2_(Malaysia)

What does it mean 658Mhz SID 2 DVB-T?
How do I tune into? Do I need special antenna? .... hmm.gif

neb
post Jun 17 2011, 12:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,234 posts

you can only receive digital TV in KL area (RTM test broadcast), or Johor (singapore TV)

you will need a DVB-T tuner and normal UHF antenna
soundtrick
post Jun 17 2011, 11:29 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

can we receive the signal in kajang or semenyih area? ... i have dvb-t tuner but cannot detect the channel... im afraid if my box is defect...
KSBond
post Jun 18 2011, 08:52 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(soundtrick @ Jun 17 2011, 11:29 PM)
can we receive the signal in kajang or semenyih area? ... i have dvb-t tuner but cannot detect the channel... im afraid if my box is defect...
Hi .. I'm using LG Model SL90 LED TV (with built-in DVB-T tuner) and managed to receive the digital signal from RTM successfully.

The trick is to use samll antenna, the kind that look like the one installed on the top of the MyVi ... :-)

Anyway, I lives next to Tesco Kajang.

Keep trying & Good Luck ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
soundtrick
post Jun 18 2011, 09:51 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

fyi... im using ac ryan dvrhd with build in DVB-T tuner... the antenna that you show now is coming with the player... since day one i cannot receive the signal... the seller said that in my place cannot reach dvb signal... im afraid my box is faulty...

must go to friend house in kajang... and try.. smile.gif
KSBond
post Jun 19 2011, 10:42 PM

9 posts

Interesting to know that there is High Definition DVR arouund. It will be good if Media Prime is also embracing the same DVB-T system. I guesses we still have to wait & see as always.

Currently I'm still looking for DVR HD to enable me to record 1080i full HD football game from Astro byond decoder.
Any idea where I can secure one ? Ignoring the Astro PVR, for cost cutting.

Thanks
bsl555
post Jun 20 2011, 12:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

QUOTE(KSBond @ Jun 18 2011, 08:52 PM)
Hi .. I'm using LG Model SL90 LED TV (with built-in DVB-T tuner) and managed to receive the digital signal from RTM successfully.
I finally hacked into the service menu of my LG LD series (2010 model) TV to enable the DVB-T tuner and got it to work. Many models of these series seem to have the tuner disabled by default. If the DVB-T tuning can't be accessed, either its disabled or no D tuner. But mine got the tuner. Managed to tune and acquire some TV and Radio channels. Not bad at all but transmission are sill 4:3 format and no better than Astro picture quality. Certainly better than with the analog antenna reception. I believe its all trial run till dunno when.
I now have to look out to acquire a suitable DVB-T antenna as my existing terrestial antenna leaves a lot to be desired at this point of time. In short, its in shitty state.
Malaysia is SO DAMN SLOW to implement latest technology.

This post has been edited by bsl555: Jun 20 2011, 01:11 PM
TSezlife
post Jun 20 2011, 01:27 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

How abt PJ/Puchong/Sunway area? Can we receive the signal?

Added on June 20, 2011, 1:28 pm
Hi .. I'm using LG Model SL90 LED TV (with built-in DVB-T tuner) and managed to receive the digital signal from RTM  successfully.

The trick is to use samll antenna, the kind that look like the one installed on the top of the MyVi ...  :-)

Keep trying & Good Luck  ...
How do you actually tune into digital TV? Mind to share simple steps? How do you know it is not analog that you actually receiving?

This post has been edited by ezlife: Jun 20 2011, 01:28 PM
KSBond
post Jun 20 2011, 02:24 PM

9 posts

By pressing MENU button of the LED LG Model SL90 TV remote controller, as series of menu will pop up on the screen.

Select the SET UP menu followed by selecting AUTO TUNING.

The instruction will then poped up asking us to connect the external antenna.

Selecting the START menu will start the Auto Tuning processes, both Analogue & Digital transmissions as detected by the TV Set/Antenna.

After successfull Auto Tuning prosess, selecting one of the TV channel will cause the TV screen to show a text e.g. for RTM TV1 the text will be: DTV MPEG SD 800 TV1 and so on for other channels.

My RTM DVB-T signal has got the following channels:-
1. RTM1
2. RTM2
3. TV-i
4. Games
5. EPG

I used to have the following channels but there are on and off. I guesses it is due to experinemtal channels
1. Mustika
2. Panggung &
3. Ilham

+ Radio Klassik Nasional ++ Radio

I beleives the best time to tune the Set is during night probably due to less intefering signals.

Good luck with your ACRyan HDVR tuning ...
TSezlife
post Jun 20 2011, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

How is the quality of RTM2 (and other channels)? Are they really in HD,ie, 720 or 1080p? Or just somewhat better than analog?
bsl555
post Jun 20 2011, 03:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

QUOTE(ezlife @ Jun 20 2011, 02:30 PM)
How is the quality of RTM2 (and other channels)? Are they really in HD,ie, 720 or 1080p? Or just somewhat better than analog?
I mentioned earlier, no better than Astro, not HD, but being digital transmission, its free of noise and interferences frequently a problem with terrestial TV reception.
A movie (e.g. avi or mkv) at real 720p will far exceed the existing DTV picture quality at this point of time. Thats my current view.
KSBond
post Jun 20 2011, 05:34 PM

9 posts

Agreed with bsl555.
It is transmitted in Standard Definition (SD) Digital Signal (DVB-T) and not yet in Full HD (1080i). Hopefully RTM will also be transmitting in Full HD in addition to SD currently they are testing.

Looks like you have not tuned your TV to receive the RTM's Digital TV signal to appreciate its quality ... tongue.gif
bsl555
post Jun 20 2011, 05:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

I think the digital signal in my area is very low, or just that I don't have a proper antenna for it. Working on something now.
Latest: Dug out an old twin telescopic antenna (from on an old portable TV set), soldered a shorth length of 75ohm TV coax cable, then experimented on optimum position near the TV. No time to drag a cable to outside.
Signal strength 3%, Signal quality >90%, wierd readings but entirely viewable without packet drop or other ills. I guess its highest signal quality that matters. I think my area is low signal. What to do? all this still experimental or beta, nothing definite.

This post has been edited by bsl555: Jun 20 2011, 07:05 PM
TSezlife
post Jun 20 2011, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

When do we finally can get 720p TV? I watch 720p mkv HK TV drama, wow, a totally new experience!

With a good LED HD TV, no content to watch.....sien....
bsl555
post Jun 20 2011, 10:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

I just realised by comparing Astro broadcast and RTM DVB broadcast, it appears RTM DVB can be BETTER quality! Why? NON Astro Beyond set top box connects to TV either by S-Video (best PQ) or the common analog yellow color RCA (fair PQ). This is the limitation of the old Astro decoder. Astro Beyond have HDMI which is ideal so far. Latest LCD TV's are doing away with S-Video input and that leaves the RCA socket only which limits PQ greatly and NO way you're gonna get HD PQ from old Astro decoder. RTM DVB-T is DIRECT broadcast and received by your latest DTV set, no cables, direct and as good as it gets. Its up to them if they want to provide HD transmission. DTV is the way to go, no more the old ills of analog broadcast PQ, i.e. interference noise, snow, raster, ghosting or fuzzy pictures.

This post has been edited by bsl555: Jun 22 2011, 02:27 AM
KSBond
post Jun 22 2011, 09:18 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(bsl555 @ Jun 20 2011, 10:31 PM)
I just realised by comparing Astro broadcast and RTM DVB broadcast, it appears RTM DVB can be BETTER quality! Why? NON Astro Beyond set top box connects to TV either by S-Video (best PQ) or the common analog yellow color RCA (fair PQ). This is the limitation of the old Astro decoder. Astro Beyond have HDMI which is ideal so far. Latest LCD TV's are doing away with S-Video input and that leaves the RCA socket only which limits PQ greatly and NO way you're gonna get HD PQ from old Astro decoder. RTM DVB-T is DIRECT broadcast and received by your latest DTV set, no cables, direct and as good as it gets. Its up to them if they want to provide HD transmission. DTV is the way to go, no more the old ills of analog broadcast PQ, i.e. interference noise, snow, raster, ghosting or fuzzy pictures.
Astro is using DVB-S (Satellite) & RTM is using DVB-T (Terrestrial). Both are of the same family, DVB (Digital Video Broadcast) system.
I'm watching RTM TV2 Disney Handy Manny in DVB-T now (Wed. Morning 0900 HRS Mal, June 22nd). The picture is crystal clear. thumbup.gif

Another difference is that the same Handy Many program broadcasted in DVB-S (Astro) will suffers a noticeable lost in its Audio Volume.
Not sure whether this due to DVB-S designed specification or purposely configured by the broadcaster. Astro engineering personel could possibly answer this puzzle ... icon_question.gif
bsl555
post Jun 22 2011, 02:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

The broadcast (in other words, delivery of digital media) may have technical similarities or like you say, same family. Nevertheless, its the end result that shows some difference for better or worse very dependent on the set top box electronics which may have limitations.
The Astro box is outdated and been around for so long as far as anyone can remember, offering only analog outputs or S-Video at best, no HDMI or Component output unless upgrade to Beyond package. I think DVB-S require a dish and LNB (much like the common Astro Dish) but DVB-T can work with a UHF indoor or outdoor antenna. Its critical that the UHF antenna is designed to cover the UHF frequency band required by DVB-T, thus simplifying simpler and possibly cheaper setup. LNB's and dish are NOT cheap in practice.
So there you have it, I see superior PQ in this DTV trial run so far. Not the very best but worthwhile and its free, provided your TV is DTV capable. I'm still looking around for a proper antenna, and pondering about problem of poor signal strength in my area.
I suppose, the TV to lookout for these days is a fully integrated TV with DTV, Analog TV, Internet/Network capable, Bluetooth ready, Wifi ready, USB Media Player all rolled into one for full potential. Have I left out anything? Don't tell me Windows 7 incorporated... laugh.gif

This post has been edited by bsl555: Jun 22 2011, 02:29 PM
RAMChYLD
post Jun 22 2011, 03:02 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

If you haven't bought a DVB-T tuner yet, don't consider. The stupid SKMM is considering switching to DVB-T2, so it's not really worth it now. Their DMB-T signal apparently already ceased, I powered up my Pontus this morning and scanned, and found zero signals. Not sure about TV3, haven't kept track on their signal in ages.

If you already have a DVB-T1 tuner, the frequency is now 649MHz.

My decoder (AverMedia AverTV Hybrid 1080i) can only pick up these channels on last scan:
1. TV1
2. TV2
3. Muzik Aktif
4. Berita Aktif
5. Panggung
6. Ilham.

One thing that just crossed my mind: What's the point of digital if the TV station only know how to screw shows over and cancel shows in the middle of a season?

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 23 2011, 10:26 AM
bsl555
post Jun 22 2011, 03:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jun 22 2011, 03:02 PM)
One thing that just crossed my mind: What's the point of digital if the TV station only know how to screw shows over and cancel shows in the middle of a season?
Please bear in mind, DTV broadcast is UNofficial transmission, say beta test run and its FOC. Viewers are subjected to their whim and fancy during this trial run.
There's 2 DTV channels, Channel 44 & 46. You've to align your antenna to receive these 2 signal band transmission. Align wrongly and either you get none or one channel.
TSezlife
post Jun 22 2011, 09:14 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Hi .. I'm using LG Model SL90 LED TV (with built-in DVB-T tuner) and managed to receive the digital signal from RTM  successfully.

The trick is to use samll antenna, the kind that look like the one installed on the top of the MyVi ...  :-)

Keep trying & Good Luck  ...
Why cant we use external antenna with booster? What is the reason we need to use small antenna?

BTW, what is the resolution currently RTM broadcast using DVB-T? Is it DVD resolution?

This post has been edited by ezlife: Jun 22 2011, 09:16 PM
KSBond
post Jun 23 2011, 10:28 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(ezlife @ Jun 22 2011, 09:14 PM)
Why cant we use external antenna with booster? What is the reason we need to use small antenna?

BTW, what is the resolution currently RTM broadcast using DVB-T? Is it DVD resolution?
Nobody said that you cannot use youe existing antenna.
If your current boosted antenna provides you with a good picture & audio quality on analoge TV, there is a great tendency that it will also giving you a good signal to your DTV.
Small antenna is very convenient and can be placed next to you DTV. In my case, it provides very good reception with crystal clear picture. Much much better then analogue TV.

RTM2 DVB-T trial broadcast is in MPEG SD 4:3 576i and not 1080i as mentioned earlier.

Anyhow, have you managed to tune to RTM DVB-T Broadcast ? hmm.gif
RAMChYLD
post Jun 23 2011, 10:37 AM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(bsl555 @ Jun 22 2011, 03:20 PM)
Please bear in mind, DTV broadcast is UNofficial transmission, say beta test run and its FOC. Viewers are subjected to their whim and fancy during this trial run.
There's 2 DTV channels, Channel 44 & 46. You've to align your antenna to receive these 2 signal band transmission. Align wrongly and either you get none or one channel.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm aware that it's experimental.

But you sure it's channel 44? Last I check the frequency moved to 549MHz. Or is that because I'm using boosted indoor antenna?

As for the other channel, my decoder can't find it. Is it DVB-T2?

Btw, my remark about how TV shows are cancelled mid-season refers to current analog stations like TV1 and NTV7.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 23 2011, 10:39 AM
TSezlife
post Jun 23 2011, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(KSBond @ Jun 23 2011, 10:28 AM)

Anyhow, have you managed to tune to RTM DVB-T Broadcast ?    hmm.gif
Errr....nope...Im having difficulty to connect the antenna to my wall mount TV. It is so difficult to make the connection, my wall mount TV leave very little space only....hard to reach...
KSBond
post Jun 23 2011, 12:01 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jun 23 2011, 10:37 AM)
But you sure it's channel 44? Last I check the frequency moved to 549MHz. Or is that because I'm using boosted indoor antenna?

As for the other channel, my decoder can't find it. Is it DVB-T2?

Btw, my remark about how TV shows are cancelled mid-season refers to current analog stations like TV1 and NTV7.
Dear RAMChYLD, let me provide answer on behalf of bsl555.
A quick check on my DTV setting reveals the following:-
1. Ch 44 provides: Music Active, ILHAM & PANGGUNG
2. Ch 46 provides: TV1, TV2, TV-i, Games, EPG ++ Radios
Music Active, ILHAM & PANGGUNG were previously on channel 46.

So bsl555 is right. Currently RTM is using two (2) channels for DVB-T testing i.e. Ch44 & Ch46.
I doubt it is on DVB-T2 as yet.

As for ezlife,
guesses you needs somebody strong to assist you ... biggrin.gif
bsl555
post Jun 23 2011, 12:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

I understand DVB-T2 is with extended perimeters and standards over DVB-T. Whether the broadcasters intend to use the perimeters that are not included in DVB-T, left to be seen, but I guess its not so soon, as full compatibility have to be assured. Unsure if latest TV's are DVB-T2 capable. It must be of utmost importance for everyone to receive the broadcast as long as the TV is equiped with DVB-T or add-on a set top box.
I'm also in the learning process, just foolin around with my DTV capable TV. Problem is I'm now believing the signal strength where I live is currently very low, that I've to explore the antenna issue to increase the signal strength. Ok...got time then tinker with it, otherwise its viewable for now.

This post has been edited by bsl555: Jun 23 2011, 12:42 PM
RAMChYLD
post Jun 23 2011, 02:44 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(KSBond @ Jun 23 2011, 12:01 PM)
Dear RAMChYLD, let me provide answer on behalf of bsl555.
A quick check on my DTV setting reveals the following:-
1. Ch 44 provides: Music Active, ILHAM & PANGGUNG
2. Ch 46 provides: TV1, TV2, TV-i, Games, EPG ++ Radios
Music Active, ILHAM & PANGGUNG were previously on channel 46.
Noted with thanks. smile.gif

Truth to be told, I have not used my decoder for a while. Most likely it all changed again already. I'll rescan when I get home.

Although I wish they'd carry better programming on ilham. All half-assed local cartoons only hmm.gif

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 23 2011, 02:46 PM
KSBond
post Jun 27 2011, 10:08 AM

9 posts

Wondering why it has been so quiet .... hmm.gif
... guesses the topic is not interesting anymore.

May be we should change to topic to a little bit more interesting, say
'Satellite TV in Malaysia ... How to receive Satellite TV Signal' ... biggrin.gif
NWR_77
post Jun 27 2011, 08:38 PM

5 posts

What different between analog tv with digital tv?

What hardware to setup digital tv?

This post has been edited by NWR_77: Jun 27 2011, 08:40 PM
tbcheese
post Jun 27 2011, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

The last I tried was 3 years back. I had a DVB-T usb stick. Just plugged the regular rooftop yagi antenna into it and scanned on my PC. Found 4 channels at the time. Just make sure you're pointed at KL Tower.

At the time it was MPEG-2 (probably still is) and they were looking to upgrade to MPEG-4 before launching. Dunno how's the progress so far.
tanhks
post Jun 28 2011, 05:04 AM

On my way
586 posts

QUOTE(KSBond @ Jun 19 2011, 10:42 PM)
Interesting to know that there is High Definition DVR arouund. It will be good if Media Prime is also embracing the same DVB-T system. I guesses we still have to wait & see as always.
Currently I'm still looking for DVR HD to enable me to record 1080i full HD football game from Astro byond decoder.
Any idea where I can secure one ?  Ignoring the Astro PVR, for cost cutting.
Thanks
Pinnacle's Movie Box HD, their website say it is HD but not sure it can record full HD or not.
and than for the video input connector, it has is s-video, composite-video, and DV but without HDMI
can connect it to astro byond decoder and record astro's HD programme? anyone using this product?

This post has been edited by tanhks: Jun 28 2011, 05:26 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
KSBond
post Jun 29 2011, 10:59 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(NWR_77 @ Jun 27 2011, 08:38 PM)
What different between analog tv with digital tv?

What hardware to setup digital tv?
Walking through the electical store nowdays expose us with many selection of TV sets.
Leaving behind the old fashioned Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) TV behind, current TV sets utilise Plasma, LCD, LED/LCD with Standard Defifition (SD), HD Ready & Full HD technology. TV set with SmartTV & 3D capability is the latest trend.

All in all, externally they looks the same, regardless whether Analog or Digital TV.
What is the difference between the two ?

The easiest way is to inspect its detail specification and look for the word built-in TUNER. Nowdays in Malaysia, if you can find the word DVB-T then you are lucky. It is a Digital TV. Else if you can only find word such as PAL, SECAM then it is Analog only TV. Some TVs might have both Digital & Analog tuner built in.

Asking the salemen may pose us with another problem. They don't even know what DVB-T is ? They don't even have TV antenna installed to do the demo. What they are doing is playing low quality pasar malam the so called DVD/Blueray copy of movie into Full HD 1080i capable TV. Try not to be fooled by them ... sad.gif

Without built-in digital tuner, you can still receive the digital transmission provided you have an external tuner or set-top box (currently not available in Malaysia), that process the signal, turn it into Audio/Video and deliver it to TV screen via HDMI cable.

Thanks

This post has been edited by KSBond: Jun 30 2011, 10:57 AM
bsl555
post Jun 29 2011, 12:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

QUOTE(KSBond @ Jun 29 2011, 10:59 AM)
The easiest way is to inspect its detail specification and look for the word built-in TUNER. Nowdays in Malaysia, if you can find word DVB-T then you are lucky. Iit is a Digital TV. Without built-in digital tuner, you can still receive the digital transmission provided you have an external tuner or set-top box (currently not available in Malaysia), that process the signal, turn it into Audio/Video and deliver it to TV screen via HDMI cable.
I reckon a wise consumer have to be smart, not buy blindly and brush up on the latest technology, details and what a new TV have to offer. Otherwise only to some degree of personal disappointment later on that expensive purchase didn't do justice. No Digital tuner...bah! blink.gif mad.gif
Yup, I did come across some sales fellas in some big chain shop who don't know next to nuts about DVB-T or whether the TV is DVB tuner featured. I had to ask for the remote and roll through the tuning menu to see whats available. In my case my 2010 model LG TV wasn't DTV enabled but luckily after some research I enabled it through the service menu (huge learning process and with trial n error getting to it. LG Malaysia NEVER gave me a proper answer when I queried them about it. Twice in fact. Never mind, its done. Ironically, recently accompanied a buddy to buy one of the latest LG smart TV and its got DTV enabled, although my buddy doesn't care about it, primarily for Astro and DVD movies. Thats the story for now.
I still got to climb the roof and align my antenna, its maligned now.
Qash-M
post Sep 14 2011, 02:04 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Ax0hQV408

RTM DVB-T for last month.
bahathir
post Dec 19 2011, 02:31 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

If you are using GNU/Linux with compatible DVB-T card or USB dongle, you can use the attached channels.conf which I enjoying the DVB-T with Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid PRO (PCTV 340e) on GNU/Linux with Linux kernel version 3.1.0. Viewing and recording the DVB-T stream using MPlayer (svn latest).

I generated the channels.conf using this command.
CODE
# w_scan -c MY -X > /etc/channels.conf

Current channel listing

CODE

Music  Active            (0x0004) 01: PCR == V   V 0x0036 A 0x0034      
PELANGI                  (0x0007) 01: PCR == A   V 0x0033 A 0x0035      
PANGGUNG                 (0x0008) 01: PCR 0x0510 V 0x002f A 0x0030      
RTM 7                    (0x000a) 01: PCR == V   V 0x0040 A 0x0041      
TV1                      (0x0001) 01: PCR == A   V 0x0022 A 0x0020      
TV2                      (0x0002) 01: PCR == V   V 0x003e A 0x003c      
TV-i                     (0x0003) 01: PCR == V   V 0x003a A 0x0038      
Games                    (0x0009) 01: PCR 0x1fff        
KLASIK NASIONAL          (0x000d) 02: PCR == A            A 0x0025      
MUZIKfm                  (0x000e) 02: PCR == A            A 0x002d      
KLfm                     (0x000f) 02: PCR == A            A 0x002a      
TRAXXfm                  (0x0010) 02: PCR == A            A 0x0028      
AIfm                     (0x0011) 02: PCR == A            A 0x002e      
MINNALfm                 (0x0012) 02: PCR == A            A 0x002c      
ASYIKfm                  (0x0013) 02: PCR == A            A 0x002b      

Note:
1) The RTM 7 is same as TV2.
2) Renamve channels.conf.txt to channels.conf and put it to /etc

BTW: I already watching RTM DVB-T transmission since 2009. smile.gif
Wishlist: Pinnacle PCTV NanoStick T2 (290e) ; USB DVB-T2 reciever., With this you may to watch Singapore's DVB-T2 broadcast @ 720p, from Johor.

From the channels.conf, you can seethe broadcasting frequencies
658 MHz : Muzik Aktif, Pelangi, Panggung, RTM 7
674 MHx : TV1, TV2, ... and digital radio broadcasts.

Streaming:
VIDEO: MPEG2 704x576 (aspect 2) 25.000 fps 15000.0 kbps (1875.0 kbyte/s)
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit

TQ.

This post has been edited by bahathir: Dec 19 2011, 02:51 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  channels.conf.txt ( 1.94k ) Number of downloads: 69
bsl555
post Dec 19 2011, 03:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

The single most essential matter to receive free to air DTV or analog transmission is a PROPERLY and QUALITY antenna system mounted on the roof of home. Nothing beats this in all the donkey years I've been moving home or DIY install the antenna system.
My current antenna system was installed with a full VHF and UHF Maspro Japan antenna system with mixer and booster system thereon the line distributed with splitters to various TV points in the home (provided by house developer). Its served me well since 1997, although recently I had to re-align the direction which was blown off course by strong winds.
Last I enquired, at Pasar Rd for DX antenna system comparable to mine (MINUS the booster system) is around Rm500+. About the same I paid for in those days.
This is near ultimate solution for practical and long term.
bahathir
post Dec 19 2011, 03:58 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

Yes, good antenna may help to get good reception. In my case, I able to pickup DVB-T signals if I placed the small antenna which come with the USB DVB-T receiver, near the window, with the help of 1.5m USB extender. At my house, near Bangi and my office at Bandar Sri Damansara, have DVB-T coverage, and a small antenna is enogh, but, sometime the stignal still dropped. smile.gif.. DVB-T signal does not effect much by rain or thick clouds, where I can enjoy it, when my ASTRO receiver cannot get signal due to thick clouds.

TQ.

Added on December 19, 2011, 4:15 pmBTW, I love listening "KLASIK NASIONAL' digital radio, while working. smile.gif It is in 128 kbps MP3 stream, and I can record and use it without any convertion in between. Last year, the audio stream was at 192 kbps!!.

This post has been edited by bahathir: Dec 19 2011, 04:15 PM
bsl555
post Dec 19 2011, 04:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

Well, Astro works beaming down through clouds, whereas DVB-T works under the clouds isn't it?
Yes, people have different reception strength at different places and not all are exactly ideal, especially in crowded urban and full of high rise around homes blocking transmission signals.
I'm really hoping all TV channels go digital very very soon. I'm really looking forward to it, targetted 2015 is too long to wait. Damn slow actually. Its been quite flawless transmission most of the time.
The big question is lots of people have old TV's and cost of additional DVB box. Cost, cost...always a big question in Malaysia.

bahathir
post Dec 19 2011, 04:59 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

Some high end LCD TVs have DVB-T option/module. But, I cannot find any model which has built-in DVB-T tuner, in Malaysia.

Yes, RTM starts DVB-T broadcast officially in 2012, and yes 2015, all TV broadcasts will be on digital. By the time, DVB-T2 or T3 will be the standard. smile.gif

This post has been edited by bahathir: Dec 19 2011, 05:00 PM
bsl555
post Dec 19 2011, 05:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

My LG TV 2010 model had DTV tuner built in but disabled. I enabled it. LG didn't want to divulge any info about it here for their own selfish reasons. Last checked with another LED model, its enabled. I think other manufacturers may have it but you must check with the company. I think most TV sales assistants in shops are ill trained about this DTV thing.
bahathir
post Dec 19 2011, 05:34 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

And.... they can sell external DVB-T set top box (STB) seperately... eventhough the TV hhas the DVB-T capability. smile.gif Extra $$$ man.. smile.gif
bsl555
post Dec 19 2011, 05:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Dec 19 2011, 05:34 PM)
And.... they can sell external DVB-T set top box (STB) seperately... eventhough the TV hhas the DVB-T capability. smile.gif Extra $$$ man.. smile.gif
If that happens, I'd consider that deceit and a scam, but thats Malaysia for all.. too much of devious and deceitful minds at work for blatant profit. BAD!
bahathir
post Dec 20 2011, 05:22 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

These days, they do anything for extra $$$. Let's equiped ourselves with knowledge and experience.
Qash-M
post Dec 27 2011, 10:14 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

Was wondering if Digital TV signal is available somewhere outside Selangor & KL? hmm.gif
cycloneopp
post Dec 29 2011, 10:21 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Dec 27 2011, 10:14 PM)
Was wondering if Digital TV signal is available somewhere outside Selangor & KL? hmm.gif
Not that I am aware of. Currently RTM is testing it's DVB-T broadcast via KL tower's transmition. I can pick up the signal from my house in Cheras, but unfotunately the signal wasn't really strong, my reception quality is kind of poor.

Anyway I run a channel scan an hour ago, found out that they are testing HD channel named 'RTM HD'

The 'RTM HD' does not seem to simulcast with RTM1 nor RTM2 but rather playing some local music videos.

user posted image

user posted image
Qash-M
post Dec 29 2011, 11:07 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(cycloneopp @ Dec 29 2011, 10:21 PM)
Not that I am aware of.  Currently RTM is testing it's DVB-T broadcast via KL tower's transmition.  I can pick up the signal from my house in Cheras, but unfotunately the signal wasn't really strong, my reception quality is kind of poor.

Anyway I run a channel scan an hour ago, found out that they are testing HD channel named 'RTM HD'

The 'RTM HD' does not seem to simulcast with RTM1 nor RTM2 but rather playing some local music videos. 

user posted image

user posted image
Need some sample... brows.gif

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Jan 13 2012, 01:14 AM
azamyn
post Jan 25 2012, 04:03 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(neb @ Jun 17 2011, 12:37 AM)
you can only receive digital TV in KL area (RTM test broadcast), or Johor (singapore TV)

you will need a DVB-T tuner and normal UHF antenna
can anyone confirm whether everywhere in KL can get the signal? anyone had experience in sg besi? how can we confirm this since tuner will cost a few hundreds rm. i'm trying to free myself from astro and no luck with normal analog signal
smanszy
post Jan 30 2012, 01:03 PM

2 posts

Currently RTM are testing their SD channel using DVBT and coming with DVBT-2 with MPEG4 and interactive using HBBTV.
There are 6 SD channels and 1 HD channel.

U can receive the SD signal from KL Tower. 7 TV channels and 7 radio channels. Use uhf antenna.

For HD, maybe will adopt 720 like UK / Europe.

The currently SD TV test line up:

1-Music Active
2-Pelangi
3-Panggung
4-Sinergi HD
5-TV1
6-TV2
7-TVi

The also test datacasting like Berita Aktif, FOREX, Stocks, Cuaca, and calender activities.

For the radios transmission u can also receive the informative slideshow like Taiwan and New Zealand.

If u are using dvbt tuner now when malaysia broadcaster launch the digital broadcasting using dvbt2, u will not be able receive the digital signal like now.

U can also watch via streaming www.rtm.gov.my/maktif and www.rtm.gov.my/mobile

This post has been edited by smanszy: Jan 30 2012, 01:45 PM
RAMChYLD
post Jan 30 2012, 09:08 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

Ok, bought a LG 32LW4500 from Harvey Norman a few days ago mainly for gaming, but since this model has built in DVB-T receiver, I decided to plug antenna in to see what I can get.

It can pick up two extra channels that the AverTV STB cannot receive- EPG and Games. But it labels both channels as invalid service.
user posted image

It did not detect any HD signal, SinErgi is received as SD signal.
user posted image

Problem is, this model DVB-T is only DVB-T1. So if RTM HD is in DVB-T2, I cannot get sad.gif

Btw, how to get Windows to detect Digital Signal? Last I tried it stubbornly refuse to let me tune digital if I select Malaysia.

QUOTE(azamyn @ Jan 25 2012, 04:03 PM)
can anyone confirm whether everywhere in KL can get the signal? anyone had experience in sg besi? how can we confirm this since tuner will cost a few hundreds rm. i'm trying to free myself from astro and no luck with normal analog signal
I'm in Klang and can receive using Indoor antenna with booster. So I assume Sungei Besi can receive also.

I hope they follow UK and keep DVB-T1 for normal signal and use DVB-T2 only for HD. Since I just bought this TV, if they change only two months down the road, hancurlah. LG didn't say this model has DVB-T2 tuner. Otoh, LG didn't say this model support NTSC signal either, but it does.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jan 30 2012, 10:16 PM
smanszy
post Feb 2 2012, 11:26 AM

2 posts

There is no issue DVBT 1 or 2 because its about their signal compression at their station. But the problem is about mpeg2 and mpeg 4 on your tuner. Now they using mpeg2 and will turn to mpeg4. For HD Sinergi channel they set up tv platform and test transmitt via sd before they plug in the real hd encoder then they will transmit direct hd 720p. i want to see olympic london and hope they will test and take direct hd to sinergi channel like olyimpic china. all we need is get the hd decoder/tuner mpeg4.
RAMChYLD
post Feb 2 2012, 12:41 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(smanszy @ Feb 2 2012, 11:26 AM)
There is no issue DVBT 1 or 2 because its about their signal compression at their station. But the problem is about mpeg2 and mpeg 4 on your tuner. Now they using mpeg2 and will turn to mpeg4. For HD Sinergi channel they set up tv platform and test transmitt via sd before they plug in the real hd encoder then they will transmit direct hd 720p. i want to see olympic london and hope they will test and take direct hd to sinergi channel like olyimpic china. all we need is get the hd decoder/tuner mpeg4.
DVB-T2 supports few new modulation algorithms not supported by DVB-T1 at all. And they ensure no backwards compatibility by using different continual pilot value and completely different error correction method.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T2#System...nces_with_DVB-T

My TV supports MPEG4 stream over DVB-T1. It is possible to transmit MPEG4 via DVB-T1 since many European countries are doing that.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Feb 3 2012, 11:14 AM
maeng129
post Feb 28 2012, 01:27 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

quick question what device have DVB-T2 ? in usb form?
kaspersky-fan
post Feb 28 2012, 02:04 AM

Regular
1,581 posts

QUOTE(smanszy @ Feb 2 2012, 11:26 AM)
if you get a usb tuner, its all good, mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 is possible as the decoder part is software based handled by pc, not hadware... so if ure pc has a h264 decoder, the player can play it, u can decode it... tested before on my good old hauppauge tuner, worked fine... was able to save the h264 streams.
RAMChYLD
post Feb 28 2012, 10:02 AM

Regular
1,710 posts

http://www.avforums.com/forums/12051745-post2.html

This thread pretty much confirms my suspicions.

DVB-T tuners are not forward compatible with T2.

Thing is, up until now, RTM has been doing HD in T1 (something Singapore, Australia and New Zealand is doing). But now, they planning to go completely T2 and shut off T1.
Qash-M
post Feb 28 2012, 06:00 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Feb 28 2012, 10:02 AM)
http://www.avforums.com/forums/12051745-post2.html

This thread pretty much confirms my suspicions.

DVB-T tuners are not forward compatible with T2.

Thing is, up until now, RTM has been doing HD in T1 (something Singapore, Australia and New Zealand is doing). But now, they planning to go completely T2 and shut off T1.
Is it already confirmed? hmm.gif
RAMChYLD
post Mar 1 2012, 09:30 AM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Feb 28 2012, 06:00 PM)
Is it already confirmed? hmm.gif
Idk, but smanszy said that it would happen, right? sweat.gif

QUOTE(smanszy @ Jan 30 2012, 01:03 PM)
If u are using dvbt tuner now when malaysia broadcaster launch the digital broadcasting using dvbt2, u will not be able receive the digital signal like now.
I'm trying to point out what kaspersky-fan said in a later post is wrong- T1 tuners can never receive T2 signals because it's more than codec changed- the transmission layer has also changed. T1 tuners do not recognize LDPC+BCH FEC (they only recognize Convolutional Coding + Solomon-Reed), and should have problem detecting the signal because the continual pilot (I presume is a pilot tone used by the tuner for locking) also changed.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Mar 1 2012, 09:44 AM
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 1 2012, 11:57 AM

Regular
1,581 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Mar 1 2012, 09:30 AM)
Idk, but smanszy said that it would happen, right?  sweat.gif
I'm trying to point out what kaspersky-fan said in a later post is wrong- T1 tuners can never receive T2 signals because it's more than codec changed- the transmission layer has also changed. T1 tuners do not recognize LDPC+BCH FEC (they only recognize Convolutional Coding + Solomon-Reed), and should have problem detecting the signal because the continual pilot (I presume is a pilot tone used by the tuner for locking) also changed.
Lol I guess my post was not clear to the point. The intention was to point out on the varying video compression codec on a consistent technology platform, whereby the usb tuner maybe of a specific technology like T1, but if broadcasters one day decided to switch from mpeg-2 to h264 or to wmv, it will still be viewable provided they are using the T1 technology and your pc player has the codecs installed.

btw, is RTM HD still up? my mini antenna couldnt pick up any HD channels... =x

This post has been edited by kaspersky-fan: Mar 1 2012, 11:59 AM
RAMChYLD
post Mar 1 2012, 12:10 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

Ah, okay. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I think RTM HD went down for a while oredi. My TV has never detected said channel since day 1.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Mar 1 2012, 12:10 PM
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 1 2012, 12:33 PM

Regular
1,581 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Mar 1 2012, 12:10 PM)
Ah, okay. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I think RTM HD went down for a while oredi. My TV has never detected said channel since day 1.
no worries bro.

damn... cannot study the HD attributes =/ ... lets hope olympics 2012, they'll be doing trials again
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 1 2012, 12:39 PM

Regular
1,581 posts

Scanning with my pctv dvb-t2 tuner

so far only saw these channels..

Attached Image
RAMChYLD
post Mar 1 2012, 01:47 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(kaspersky-fan @ Mar 1 2012, 12:39 PM)
Scanning with my pctv dvb-t2 tuner

so far only saw these channels..

Attached Image
Hmmm, no T2 test signal yet? The PCTV fell back to T1 BC mode and pick up T1 channels... hmm.gif

Or signal power too low that outside their super-secret test area cannot get? hmm.gif

Maybe by the time 2012 Olympics start, Digital already launch and we can see for ourselves if the predictions thrown around true or not biggrin.gif

Let's hope they launch before June! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Mar 1 2012, 01:57 PM
Qash-M
post Mar 1 2012, 05:59 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

Somebody should pressure Media Prima to use same DVB-T1/T2 system as RTM one. brows.gif icon_idea.gif
neb
post Mar 1 2012, 06:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,234 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Mar 1 2012, 05:59 PM)
Somebody should pressure Media Prima to use same DVB-T1/T2 system as RTM one. brows.gif  icon_idea.gif
may be DMB-T/H is better, tv channels can be streamed to handphone brows.gif
RAMChYLD
post Mar 2 2012, 09:59 AM

Regular
1,710 posts

They already stopped DMB-T/H last I checked tho. Unless my Pontus receiver is dying, it failed to pick up MP signal since last test.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Mar 2 2012, 10:06 AM
Qash-M
post Mar 4 2012, 10:41 AM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

Sec-gen lauds Japanese reps for helpful digital tips

KUALA LUMPUR: The Japanese experience is useful to Malaysia especially when it comes to broadcasting technology.

Commending representatives from the Japanese government, Malaysia's Information, Communications and Culture secretary-general Datuk Seri Kamaruddin Siaraf said the counterparts were very helpful when sharing their thoughts on the matter.

“We were briefed by our partners in Japan who switched from analogue to digital last year.

“Their experiences were very much needed and will help us in our migration in the future,” he told reporters on Wednesday after the two-day Asean + 3 Senior Officials Meeting Respon-sible for Information (SOMRI) held here.

Malaysia is phasing out analogue television broadcast in favour of digital broadcast. TV stations are expected to stop analogue TV broadcast by 2015 and go fully digital by the year 2020.

“This is a very important contribution from Japan,” Kamaruddin said.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...2322&sec=nation

Singapore Minister Calls For Common Specifications For DVB-T2 Receivers For Asean

SINGAPORE, March 1 (Bernama) -- Asean should develop common specifications for the DVB-T2 (Digital Video Broadcasting - Second Generation Terrestrial)receivers so that equipment manufacturers can benefit from economies of scale.

In making the call, Senior Minister of State for Information, Communications and the Arts, Grace Fu Hai Yien said this in turn will lower the cost of set-top boxes for consumers.

"With digital broadcasting promising to provide the public with better viewing experiences, we also need to ensure that Asean content remains engaging to our audiences.

"More can be done to promote co-productions of high-definition content among producers in Asean. We can leverage on each other's strengths and develop content that appeals to the Asean sensibility as well as international audiences," she said in her address the 11th Conference of Asean Ministers Responsible for Information (AMRI) and associated meetings in Kuala Lumpur.

The text of her speech was made available here.

Fu said last year, Singapore announced it was studying the feasibility of adopting the DVB-T2 standard for Digital Terrestrial Television.

"I am pleased to inform you that we have successfully completed the trial for the DVB-T2 standard and are looking into its nationwide implementation.

"We expect to offer high-definition broadcasting for all Free-to-Air TV channels in Singapore," she said.

Fu also said that she was glad to learn that some Asean members, namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and Vietnam, have also decided to leapfrog to DVB-T2.

She also pointed out the Asian Development Bank will embark on the joint production of "Colours of ASEAN", a television series in High Definition (HD) that is expected for completion by December 2013.

She said Asean should support such collaborations and encourage the grouping's broadcasters to work together and continue participating in meaningful projects that celebrate the unity within Asean's diversity.

Such partnerships, she said will also give broadcasters an additional platform to learn from each other and enhance their production expertise.

Fu suggested that Asean can similarly explore creative and strategic partnerships between public and private broadcasters, content producers and government agencies. -- BERNAMA

Hmm...

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Mar 4 2012, 10:44 AM
chuppachop
post Mar 4 2012, 12:25 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Mar 4 2012, 10:41 AM)
Thanks for the update....not even reported in local papers, sometimes it's all talk no action mad.gif .....will keep an eye on this.... biggrin.gif
Qash-M
post Mar 4 2012, 12:47 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Mar 4 2012, 12:25 PM)
Thanks for the update....not even reported in local papers, sometimes it's all talk no action  mad.gif .....will keep an eye on this.... biggrin.gif
Government already forgot it? THought so. laugh.gif doh.gif thumbup.gif

http://www.facebook.com/penerangan

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Mar 4 2012, 12:52 PM
chuppachop
post Mar 4 2012, 01:03 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Mar 4 2012, 12:47 PM)
Government already forgot it? THought so. laugh.gif  doh.gif  thumbup.gif

http://www.facebook.com/penerangan
Good one! biggrin.gif
RAMChYLD
post Mar 5 2012, 10:13 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

Oh god, hope they don't delay sumore to "trial" ISDB-T also.
Qash-M
post Mar 5 2012, 11:58 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Mar 5 2012, 10:13 PM)
Oh god, hope they don't delay sumore to "trial" ISDB-T also.
Just like the gomen, even flip-flop of using new digital tv signal. sweat.gif thumbup.gif doh.gif
RAMChYLD
post Mar 7 2012, 12:17 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Mar 5 2012, 11:58 PM)
Just like the gomen, even flip-flop of using new digital tv signal. sweat.gif  thumbup.gif  doh.gif
Hope they don't even consider it. Because ISDB-T allow the use of CAM cards like assteruk.

See, in Japan, they still have TV license requirement. So their gomen use CAM card to potong those who dun renew their lesen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-CAS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_Se...ting#B-CAS_Card

If MCMC choose this system, then surely they considering reimplementing lesen TV?

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Mar 7 2012, 12:19 PM
Qash-M
post Mar 7 2012, 12:49 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Mar 7 2012, 12:17 PM)
Hope they don't even consider it. Because ISDB-T allow the use of CAM cards like assteruk.

See, in Japan, they still have TV license requirement. So their gomen use CAM card to potong those who dun renew their lesen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-CAS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_Se...ting#B-CAS_Card

If MCMC choose this system, then surely they considering reimplementing lesen TV?
If to reconsider how many profit will be make... hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Mar 7 2012, 12:50 PM
RAMChYLD
post Mar 7 2012, 02:27 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Mar 7 2012, 12:49 PM)
If to reconsider how many profit will be make... hmm.gif
Agreed. On one hand, maybe it will mean an increase in quality of shows airing on RTM channels. On the other hand, you know lah..
carte82
post Mar 12 2012, 05:56 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

Found an interesting documentation by MTSFB regarding standards for the Free-To-Air Digital TV Transmission:

- now they stated DVB-T2 as standard.
- note that the last page showing the committee which basically cover major TV content providers, chair by RTM and follow by Media Prima.

http://tinyurl.com/7t2sbmf
Qash-M
post Mar 12 2012, 08:30 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(carte82 @ Mar 12 2012, 05:56 PM)
Found an interesting documentation by MTSFB regarding standards for the Free-To-Air Digital TV Transmission:

- now they stated DVB-T2 as standard.
- note that the last page showing the committee which basically cover major TV content providers, chair by RTM and follow by Media Prima.

http://tinyurl.com/7t2sbmf
In order to help consumers understand whether a particular display is ready for HDTV, HD-ready label and Full HD labels can only be attached to displays sold and used in Malaysia if they meet the recognized international standards that govern the usage of these logos.

Hmm... laugh.gif Still wondering when will SD channel on Astro and Media Prima turned both digital and in MPEG4.

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Mar 12 2012, 08:33 PM
RAMChYLD
post Mar 13 2012, 03:52 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Mar 12 2012, 08:30 PM)
Hmm... laugh.gif Still wondering when will SD channel on Astro and Media Prima turned both digital and in MPEG4.
Document contains a lot of struck out info and use of obsolete tech like PSTN (56k modem) and ISDN laugh.gif

Overly ambitious caused the project to stagnate for so long? tongue.gif

Hmmm, CI... not good. That's a CAM card system used by some European countries. Just added recently sumore.

So gomen thinking of somehow making a Lesen TV system again... No wonder considering ISDB also...

As for Hbb TV, I think not feasible. If you're in a small town, say, Mersing or one of the kampung in Tioman- how to get broadband?

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Mar 13 2012, 04:09 PM
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 13 2012, 05:35 PM

Regular
1,581 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Mar 13 2012, 03:52 PM)
Document contains a lot of struck out info and use of obsolete tech like PSTN (56k modem) and ISDN laugh.gif

Overly ambitious caused the project to stagnate for so long? tongue.gif

Hmmm, CI... not good. That's a CAM card system used by some European countries. Just added recently sumore.

So gomen thinking of somehow making a Lesen TV system again... No wonder considering ISDB also...

As for Hbb TV, I think not feasible. If you're in a small town, say, Mersing or one of the kampung in Tioman- how to get broadband?
Sigh... u know why? Singapore T2 testing is also encrypted...

Got these last night, still visiting Sg. Have a look:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
cedyy
post Mar 13 2012, 05:45 PM

Regular
1,179 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Dec 19 2011, 04:59 PM)
Some high end LCD TVs have DVB-T option/module. But, I cannot find any model which has built-in DVB-T tuner, in Malaysia.

Yes, RTM starts DVB-T broadcast officially in 2012, and yes 2015, all TV broadcasts will be on digital. By the time, DVB-T2 or T3 will be the standard. smile.gif
The Philips 6000 series LED TV comes with built-in DVB-TC tuner

http://www.philips.com.my/c/televisions/60...fl6606h_12/prd/

Qash-M
post Mar 13 2012, 06:15 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

So, for LCD TV & LED TV who doesn't have DVB-T/DVB-T2 tuner (also older CRT TV), need gov. to provide some STB. hmm.gif

P.S: Possiblity the emas channel (Media Prima channel on Unifi) would be available FTA on digital tv signal? hmm.gif icon_idea.gif

Brunei Darussalam baru pada Juni 2014, Malaysia Desember 2015, serta Singapura, Thailand dan Filipina juga serentak pada 2015.

http://kominfo.go.id/berita/detail/2570/TV

Dec. 2015 final analogue tv shut-off? That if only it's going on schedule, whenever which gov will rule. brows.gif

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Mar 13 2012, 07:15 PM
RAMChYLD
post Mar 14 2012, 10:11 AM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Mar 13 2012, 06:15 PM)
So, for LCD TV & LED TV who doesn't have DVB-T/DVB-T2 tuner (also older CRT TV), need gov. to provide some STB. hmm.gif
LCD TV & LED TV with only DVB-T tuner will also kena, because T2 signal not backward compatible with T1 receivers.

QUOTE(cedyy @ Mar 13 2012, 05:45 PM)
The Philips 6000 series LED TV comes with built-in DVB-TC tuner

http://www.philips.com.my/c/televisions/60...fl6606h_12/prd/
Well, confirm that the Sony EX520/720, as well as sharp LE830/835 and LG LW45 series have T1 tuner.

The new Sony HX/NX series may have T2 tuner, LG LW65 series may have T2 tuner, LG LW57 series confirm has T2 tuner.

Also, TVs sold in Malaysia may need to support PCMCIA CAM card slot in the future due to CI+. Which people have to buy from pos office and renew yearly, just like lesen TV in the old days. Unless...

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Mar 13 2012, 06:15 PM)
P.S: Possiblity the emas channel (Media Prima channel on Unifi) would be available FTA on digital tv signal? hmm.gif  icon_idea.gif
Maybe they will make it so you must pay yearly for these channels. It's possible because of the CI CAM implementation, and France is testing out that idea according to Wikipedia. For example, 1,2,3,7,8,9, Al-Hijrah, WBC and TVi free and can receive without CAM card, but for Pelangi, Sinergi, Panggung, Emas and whatever new channels they launch in the future, must subscribe and renew yearly, or even monthly, or they disable your CAM card from receiving the channel.

QUOTE(kaspersky-fan @ Mar 13 2012, 05:35 PM)
Sigh... u know why? Singapore T2 testing is also encrypted...

Got these last night, still visiting Sg. Have a look:
rclxub.gif

Expected tho, they still have lesen TV...

Added on April 24, 2012, 9:36 pm
QUOTE(chikana @ Apr 24 2012, 05:36 PM)
RTM HD
Frequency/UHF Channel Number?

Also, is it T1? Or T2? I just scanned from Channel 21 to 69 on my LG 32LW4500 and cannot find it, only found the usual 4 channels on 658/44 and 5 channels on 674/46

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Apr 24 2012, 09:37 PM
chuppachop
post May 9 2012, 05:04 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIM.../tmdtv/Article/

TM yet to decide on role in digital TV plan
By Goh Thean Eu
09/05/2012
KUALA LUMPUR: Telekom Malaysia Bhd ™, the country's biggest fixed broadband operator, has yet to decide on which area of the country's digital terrestrial television broadcasting (DTTB) project it wants to take part in.

Bidding documents are already out and TM will have until July 24 to submit its proposal.

"We are still looking at it. The bid covers a wide scope, more than just back haul. We need to look at it closer before determining which part of the scope that we want to be part of," said group chief executive officer Datuk Seri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa after TM's annual general meeting yesterday.

The proposal to build and operate the infrastructure and network facilities for digital terrestrial television, which will run on the 470MHz to 742MHz spectrum bands, involves the conversion of analogue technology to digital technology for all terrestrial TV stations.
Under the current setup, TV stations are individually licensed as content application service providers, whereby they install their own equipment at transmission sites.

By going digital, the players will need to migrate to a different band, which requires new infrastructure.

Therefore, terrestrial TV stations could be offering their contents by riding on the infrastructure built by the eventual bid winner.

The proposal is expected to attract many parties besides TM.

It is believed that other interested parties include Puncak Semangat Sdn Bhd, a company controlled by Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary and whose technical partner is Kordia from New Zealand, YTL Communications Sdn Bhd (which has a partnership with US-based Sezmi) and Maxis Bhd with Astro.

TM, which had set up its own data centre in Hong Kong recently, said growth for its ICT and business process outsourcing (BPO) division was expected to be strong growth moving forward.

It is also considering setting up a data centre in Singapore.

Meanwhile, the company said its Unifi customer base had increased to more than 347,000 subscribers as at May 7, which is an increase of 46 per cent from the 236,501 Unifi customers at the start of the year.

TM's Internet business, which are mainly Streamyx and Unifi, made up about 22 per cent of its total revenue last year. Voice business, though declining gradually, contributed 41 per cent to TM's revenue.

"It's safe to say that contribution from our Internet business to group revenue this year, in terms of percentage, will be the same as last year. But, it could be better as the demand for our Internet services is really good," he said.

The group will be spending about RM2.5 billion in capital expenditure this year, the bulk of it will be to roll out Unifi network, as well as improve Streamyx services

RAMChYLD
post May 9 2012, 05:18 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

By going digital, the players will need to migrate to a different band, which requires new infrastructure.

This is bull. Digital or analog, it's still riding on UHF (470MHz-862MHz). Unless they go DMB-T/H and use L-band (between 1452.96-1490.624MHz).

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: May 9 2012, 05:23 PM
Qash-M
post Jun 10 2012, 07:28 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

Updates:

60 firms said to have taken documents to bid for digital terrestrial TV

PETALING JAYA: About 60 companies are said to have collected documents to bid for the digital terrestrial television (DTT) service that would involve the buildup of a common integrated infrastructure for all the free-to-air TV stations to migrate to provide digital TV nationwide.

Those in the know claim that most of the big boys in the telecoms sector such as Telekom Malaysia Bhd ™, Maxis Bhd, Celcom Axiata Bhd, YTL Communications, Puncak Semangat Sdn Bhd and several vendors and suppliers had collected the documents in late-April. Most had also attended a briefing last month conducted by the industry regulator, Malaysian Communications & Multimedia Commission (MCMC).

Several local companies have partnered foreign players to tap technical expertise and the bidders have till 12pm on July 24 to make their submissions.

Celcom is working with Broadcast Australia for its bid while Puncak has New Zealand's Kordia as its technical partner.

It is believed that only a third will make their submissions, but there is also talk that some of the players may form a consortium to make a joint bid.

Players like TM, Puncak and Celcom are keen to take on the project, as most of transmission towers are owned by TM, RTM and Celcom.

However, one setback that some players see is the need for them to provide the set top boxes which is a costly affair and had hoped for some subsidy from the Government. With digital TV, users will need a set top box to unscramble the signals for viewing.

However, it is clearly stipulated in the tender documents that the parties will have to fund the entire project and the winner will not be able to charge more for transmission services as the free-to-air players will pay existing rates.

“It is a bit tough for some to make money in the initial years as the upfront cost is high,'' said an industry player.

The whole DTT or DTTB (digital terrestrial TV broadcasting as some countries call it) is for the free-to-air channels to migrate to a digital format to offer digital TV, HD TV and other related TV services including mobile and pay TV.

The winner will have to design, build, own and operate the infrastructure for DTT fixed TV reception services, comprising the transmission, network facilities and the Digital Multimedia Broadcasting Hub.

“For economies of scale in the Malaysian market, it is envisaged that a common integrated infrastructure provider approach will be taken to maximise operational efficiency such as infrastructure sharing, bandwidth sharing and possibly use of common platform for customer management,'' the document said.

The frequency bands allocated for DTT are from 174 MHZ to 230 MHz and 470 MHz to 742 MHz.

Even though the bands have been specified, there is a consideration to re-stack the channels to below 698Mhz, meaning that the 700Mhz band could be free up for mobile service.

Many of the mobile service providers are hoping to land a slice of the controversial 700Mhz spectrum band for their mobility and broadcasting solutions.

The analogue TV switch-off date has been set at the end of 2015 but the entire migration journey will probably be completed by 2020.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...52&sec=business
RAMChYLD
post Jun 10 2012, 10:29 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

Typical Malaysian outcome. Delay switch off again to 2020 XD

FAIL!
Qash-M
post Jun 11 2012, 07:01 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jun 10 2012, 10:29 PM)
Typical Malaysian outcome. Delay switch off again to 2020 XD

FAIL!
Unless PR government can make it faster... flex.gif brows.gif smile.gif
RAMChYLD
post Jun 12 2012, 10:49 AM

Regular
1,710 posts

Given that mr Rice recently accepted RM500million broad daylight bribery from assteruk to allow assteruk to seksa people who cannot get FTA TV in their area... mad.gif vmad.gif

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 12 2012, 10:51 AM
bahathir
post Jun 22 2012, 11:35 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

Last year, I went to Broadcast Asia-2011 in Singapore. I scanned the DVB-T frequencies using my old USB DVB-T PCTV 340e, and I got several Singaporean DVB-T channels. I did the scanning at Johor Baharu, near the Tambak Johor. I also able to grab the EPG lists.

There was 720-test channel, but, I cannot view it. I think this is the T2 new format broadcast. At the Broadcas Asia 2011, I saw DVB-T2 related booths every where. smile.gif So, most probably, Malaysia will go for the T2.

CODE

Digital 8(MediaCorp):538000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE:34:98:2
Digital CNA(MediaCorp):538000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE:35:99:3
Digital 5(MediaCorp):538000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE:33:97:4
MHP_Portal:610000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:33:99:11
MHP_720Test:610000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:33:99:12
MediaCorp HD5(MediaCorp):610000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:33:99:8

Here is the latest channels.conf for Malaysian's DVB-T broadcasts. Unfortunately, I don't know why I cannot grab EPG lists..... sad.gif

CODE

Music Active:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:54:52:4
PELANGI:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:51:53:7
PANGGUNG:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:47:48:8
SINERGI:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:64:65:10
TV1:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:34:32:1
TV2:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:62:60:2
TV-i:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:58:56:3
KLASIK NASIONAL:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:37:13
NASIONALfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:45:14
KLfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:42:15
TRAXXfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:40:16
AIfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:46:17
MINNALfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:44:18
ASYIKfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:43:19

BTW, I want to buy the Pinnacle PCTV Nanostick DVB-T2 (PCTV 290e), and where can I buy it? Any sellers or shops selling it?

Thank you. smile.gif

This post has been edited by bahathir: Jun 22 2012, 11:38 PM
bahathir
post Jun 22 2012, 11:55 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

Here is how I enjoying DVB-T broadcasts on my MBP 15" HiRes (1680x1050) (mid-2010) running GNU/Linux. smile.gif

Attached Image

Thank you. smile.gif
Qash-M
post Jun 23 2012, 12:38 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Jun 22 2012, 11:35 PM)
Last year, I went to Broadcast Asia-2011 in Singapore. I scanned the DVB-T frequencies using my old USB DVB-T PCTV 340e, and I got several Singaporean DVB-T channels. I did the scanning at Johor Baharu, near the Tambak Johor. I also able to grab the EPG lists.

There was 720-test channel, but,  I cannot view it. I think this is the T2 new format broadcast. At the Broadcas Asia 2011, I saw DVB-T2 related booths every where. smile.gif So, most probably, Malaysia will go for the T2.
CODE

Digital 8(MediaCorp):538000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE:34:98:2
Digital CNA(MediaCorp):538000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE:35:99:3
Digital 5(MediaCorp):538000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE:33:97:4
MHP_Portal:610000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:33:99:11
MHP_720Test:610000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:33:99:12
MediaCorp HD5(MediaCorp):610000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:33:99:8

Here is the latest channels.conf for Malaysian's DVB-T broadcasts. Unfortunately, I don't know why I cannot grab EPG lists..... sad.gif

CODE

Music Active:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:54:52:4
PELANGI:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:51:53:7
PANGGUNG:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:47:48:8
SINERGI:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:64:65:10
TV1:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:34:32:1
TV2:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:62:60:2
TV-i:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:58:56:3
KLASIK NASIONAL:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:37:13
NASIONALfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:45:14
KLfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:42:15
TRAXXfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:40:16
AIfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:46:17
MINNALfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:44:18
ASYIKfm:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:43:19

RTM only, eh? other tv station are too lazy using DVB-T/T2 kah? sweat.gif
RAMChYLD
post Jun 24 2012, 07:01 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Jun 23 2012, 12:38 PM)
There was 720-test channel, but,  I cannot view it. I think this is the T2 new format broadcast. At the Broadcas Asia 2011, I saw DVB-T2 related booths every where. smile.gif So, most probably, Malaysia will go for the T2.

Doubtful. If it's T2 then a T1 tuner will not be able to find at all. In other words, if one frequency is T2, then the T1 tuner will not be able to see all the channels in that frequency. I.e. all three MHP_Portal, MHP_720Test and HD5 will not show up on the scan.

MHP tho is Digital Teletext. Maybe the tuner chip not compatible with Digital Teletext? Or not compatible with HD Digital Teletext?

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 23 2012, 12:38 PM)
RTM only, eh? other tv station are too lazy using DVB-T/T2 kah? sweat.gif
Yeah, sadly. A LYN member actually asked MP when they want to go digital. Their answer? Once RTM digital launch, maybe end of 2013.

Not that they haven't tested digital tho. MP announced testing DMB-T (China system) back in 2008. I actually got to see it thanks to my mom bringing back a handheld DMB-T TV from China. And the frame rate was terrible. They shut off test in late 2011.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 25 2012, 10:12 AM
Qash-M
post Jun 25 2012, 10:36 AM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

There's DVB-T LCD tv available here, but when will DVB-T2 one to be available...? (Just incase of preparing) hmm.gif
chuppachop
post Jun 25 2012, 09:37 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

MHP_Portal & MHP_720Test are actually simulcast of HD5.....they have been removed since last week and is no longer on the airwaves/does not appear in scanning of channels.

Seems like Mediacorp is consolidating their resources on the testing of DVB-T2 channels, HD Suria, HD Vasantham & HD8 per the news released last week.......I do not have a DVB-T2 tuner....so can't really see if test channels are already in testing phase.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1208529/1/.html

Free-to-air TV channels to go digital from end-2013
By Hetty Musfirah | Posted: 19 June 2012 1003 hrs

SINGAPORE: All of MediaCorp's seven free-to-air channels will go fully digital by December 2013.

Four of the channels (Channel 5, Channel 8, Suria and Vasantham) will also be transmitted in high definition by then, while the remaining three (Channel NewsAsia, Okto and Channel U) will follow suit by 2016.

The move marks another milestone in Singapore's roadmap in making the digital switchover, where analogue signals will be completely switched off by 2020. This is the deadline that all ASEAN countries have agreed to switch off analogue signals.

Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts Yaacob Ibrahim made the announcement at the opening ceremony of the Infocomm Media Business Exchange held at the Marina Bay Sands on Tuesday morning.

He said the move is made possible with the adoption of a new digital broadcasting standard known as DVB-T2 (Digital Video Broadcasting - Second Generation Terrestrial).

Dr Yaacob said digital TV not only offers better image and sound quality but also frees up scarce spectrum for other services such as wireless broadband.

To enjoy digital TV, the Media Development Authority said no action is required from those who currently subscribe to pay-TV with StarHub or SingTel, as they already receive the channels digitally.

Those without pay-TV can continue using their current TV sets but they will need to purchase an antenna and a DVB-T2 digital receiver.

However there is no need to rush for the receivers now, as they are likely to be made available in Singapore only from March or April 2013.

MDA said even when the free-to-air channels are transmitted digitally at the end of 2013, analogue transmissions will continue. The simulcast period is to give ample time for viewers to make the necessary adjustments to embrace digital TV.

Currently, about 4 in 10 households in Singapore do not subscribe to pay-TV. Among those who do, many have secondary TV sets that are not linked to a pay-TV service. For these two groups, they will need to purchase a DVB-T2 receiver and an antenna, and hook these to each of their current TV sets.

Without these, viewers will not be able to receive the free-to-air channels on their TV sets once analogue signals are switched off.

It is understood that the DVB-T2 receivers can cost between S$60 and S$100.

MDA said the picture quality and size that viewers receive will differ depending on the type of TV set. To reap the full benefits of digital TV and the high definition channels that will be transmitted, viewers may want to opt for a new digital HDTV set.

MDA said the adoption of the DVB-T2 standards comes after a successful trial conducted last year with MediaCorp and pay-TV operator StarHub. The trial, which involved some 500 households in Ang Mo Kio and Bedok, showed that DVB-T2 was suitable for Singapore's urbanised environment.

MDA said it will be working closely with MediaCorp, major manufacturers and electronics stores on an educational campaign to help consumers prepare for the digital switchover.

MediaCorp said: "As the planned switchover to digital broadcasting is scheduled to complete only by December 2013, we will make an announcement when more details become available towards the second half of next year."

Till then, viewers can attain more information on this website.

- CNA/ac/al/wm

RAMChYLD
post Jun 25 2012, 11:40 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 25 2012, 10:36 AM)
There's DVB-T LCD tv available here, but when will DVB-T2 one to be available...? (Just incase of preparing) hmm.gif
I read somewhere that LG LW5700 and LG LW6500 is supposed to have T2 tuner, but now the posts have disappeared. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 25 2012, 11:40 PM
bsl555
post Jun 26 2012, 03:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,046 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jun 25 2012, 11:40 PM)
I read somewhere that LG LW5700 and LG LW6500 is supposed to have T2 tuner, but now the posts have disappeared.  hmm.gif
Singapore official website publish DVB-T only, no mention of T2. I had to hack into my dated LD650 to enable the feature, otherwise its non existant by default.
Still one up than any other TV make without D-tuner. blush.gif

This post has been edited by bsl555: Jun 26 2012, 03:44 PM
Qash-M
post Jun 26 2012, 07:28 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(bsl555 @ Jun 26 2012, 03:43 PM)
Singapore official website publish DVB-T only, no mention of T2. I had to hack into my dated LD650 to enable the feature, otherwise its non existant by default.
Still one up than any other TV make without D-tuner.  blush.gif
If gov. want to distribute the DVB-T tuner, surely some of the cronies get involved. (inb4 they sell more expensive than reasonable value) brows.gif
chuppachop
post Jun 26 2012, 11:50 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

f.y.i.; last line mentions Malaysia likely selecting DVB-T2

Singapore goes for DVB-T2

Jun 25, 2012 9:57 AM, By Philip Hunter

Read more: http://broadcastengineering.com/news/singa.../#ixzz1yumxgRZB

The latest DVB version of digital terrestrial, DVB-T2, is continuing to gain ground outside its European heartland following announcement of its adoption for Free To Air (FTA) terrestrial services in Singapore by the country’s Media Development Authority.

All FTA TV channels will go fully digital by the end of 2013 using the DVB-T2 standard, including the seven transmitted by FTA broadcaster MediaCorp.

The adoption of DVB-T2 comes after a successful trial in 2011 conducted by MediaCorp and pay-TV operator StarHub, involving about 500 households, demonstrating that the technology worked in the country’s largely urban environment. During switchover, there will be a simulcast period during which both digital and analogue FTA signals will be broadcast to ensure households have time to get set up for digital reception. The switchover will not be completed until 2020, in line with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations relaxed timeframe. Non pay TV customers will need a DVB-T2 digital receiver and an indoor or outdoor antenna to receive digital TV signals on their current TV sets.

The adoption by Singapore follows a vigorous and bullish campaign by the DVB to persuade countries outside Europe to adopt DVB-T2 rather than one of the other variants of digital terrestrial. Currently, DVB-T or DVB-T2 are deployed across much of Europe and Africa apart from the sub-Saharan countries, along with Russia, parts of the Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.

ATSC reigns in North America including Mexico, ISDB-T in most of South America and Japan, and DTMB in China. The DVB argues that neither ATSC nor ISDB-T exploit the spectral efficiencies now technically possible, being essentially older systems, and that for this reason DVB-T2 is being adopted whenever there is a proper assessment.

This was the case in Colombia, which diverged from the rest of Latin America by announcing in May 2012 it was deploying a DVB-T2 network rather than ISDB-T. The move was not a complete surprise, since Colombia had introduced the first generation DVB-T in 2010, involving a consortium comprising private operators Caracol TV and RCN TV. This consortium deployed 24 transmitters from the Rohde & Schwarz R&S NV8600 family, and these are now being upgraded to DVB-T2.

In Asia Pacific, Malaysia looks like joining neighboring Singapore in adopting DVB-T2, following trials now underway.

smileguy
post Jun 27 2012, 11:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,609 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Jun 25 2012, 09:37 PM)
MHP_Portal & MHP_720Test are actually simulcast of HD5.....they have been removed since last week and is no longer on the airwaves/does not appear in scanning of channels.

Seems like Mediacorp is consolidating their resources on the testing of DVB-T2 channels, HD Suria, HD Vasantham & HD8 per the news released last week.......I do not have a DVB-T2 tuner....so can't really see if test channels are already in testing phase.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1208529/1/.html

Free-to-air TV channels to go digital from end-2013
By Hetty Musfirah | Posted: 19 June 2012 1003 hrs

SINGAPORE: All of MediaCorp's seven free-to-air channels will go fully digital by December 2013.

Four of the channels (Channel 5, Channel 8, Suria and Vasantham) will also be transmitted in high definition by then, while the remaining three (Channel NewsAsia, Okto and Channel U) will follow suit by 2016.

The move marks another milestone in Singapore's roadmap in making the digital switchover, where analogue signals will be completely switched off by 2020. This is the deadline that all ASEAN countries have agreed to switch off analogue signals.

Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts Yaacob Ibrahim made the announcement at the opening ceremony of the Infocomm Media Business Exchange held at the Marina Bay Sands on Tuesday morning.

He said the move is made possible with the adoption of a new digital broadcasting standard known as DVB-T2 (Digital Video Broadcasting - Second Generation Terrestrial).

Dr Yaacob said digital TV not only offers better image and sound quality but also frees up scarce spectrum for other services such as wireless broadband.

To enjoy digital TV, the Media Development Authority said no action is required from those who currently subscribe to pay-TV with StarHub or SingTel, as they already receive the channels digitally.

Those without pay-TV can continue using their current TV sets but they will need to purchase an antenna and a DVB-T2 digital receiver.

However there is no need to rush for the receivers now, as they are likely to be made available in Singapore only from March or April 2013.

MDA said even when the free-to-air channels are transmitted digitally at the end of 2013, analogue transmissions will continue. The simulcast period is to give ample time for viewers to make the necessary adjustments to embrace digital TV.

Currently, about 4 in 10 households in Singapore do not subscribe to pay-TV. Among those who do, many have secondary TV sets that are not linked to a pay-TV service. For these two groups, they will need to purchase a DVB-T2 receiver and an antenna, and hook these to each of their current TV sets.

Without these, viewers will not be able to receive the free-to-air channels on their TV sets once analogue signals are switched off.

It is understood that the DVB-T2 receivers can cost between S$60 and S$100.

MDA said the picture quality and size that viewers receive will differ depending on the type of TV set. To reap the full benefits of digital TV and the high definition channels that will be transmitted, viewers may want to opt for a new digital HDTV set.

MDA said the adoption of the DVB-T2 standards comes after a successful trial conducted last year with MediaCorp and pay-TV operator StarHub. The trial, which involved some 500 households in Ang Mo Kio and Bedok, showed that DVB-T2 was suitable for Singapore's urbanised environment.

MDA said it will be working closely with MediaCorp, major manufacturers and electronics stores on an educational campaign to help consumers prepare for the digital switchover.

MediaCorp said: "As the planned switchover to digital broadcasting is scheduled to complete only by December 2013, we will make an announcement when more details become available towards the second half of next year."

Till then, viewers can attain more information on this website.

- CNA/ac/al/wm
Bro just a question,once analogue signal is switched off does that mean those in Johor wl no longer hv acess to spore channels?

RAMChYLD
post Jun 27 2012, 12:39 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Jun 27 2012, 11:07 AM)
Bro just  a question,once analogue signal is  switched off does that mean those in Johor wl no longer hv acess to spore channels?
Possibly. Because DVB-T2 signal can be scrambled thanks to an extension called CI, which introduces the need to have a smart card and smart card reader on the tuner to access the channel. Most likely countries like UK and Singapore pressed for it because they still have TV license requirement (one thing Malaysian gomen got right is to abolish need for lesen TV- though it seems that they thinking of starting lesen TV again because they also considering CI according to their document). Singapore's Digital T2 test signal is found to be encrypted, but currently their T1 Digital signal still clear and can receive from most of Johor.

Again, possibly that once they shut off T1 and analog, south Malaysia will no longer be able to watch Singapore TV (unless someone finds out how to make a cracked smart card).

source that SG digital T2 signal is encrypted: http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=49705904

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 27 2012, 12:48 PM
smileguy
post Jun 27 2012, 03:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,609 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jun 27 2012, 12:39 PM)
Possibly. Because DVB-T2 signal can be scrambled thanks to an extension called CI, which introduces the need to have a smart card and smart card reader on the tuner to access the channel. Most likely countries like UK and Singapore pressed for it because they still have TV license requirement (one thing Malaysian gomen got right is to abolish need for lesen TV- though it seems that they thinking of starting lesen TV again because they also considering CI according to their document). Singapore's Digital T2 test signal is found to be encrypted, but currently their T1 Digital signal still clear and can receive from most of Johor.

Again, possibly that once they shut off T1 and analog, south Malaysia will no longer be able to watch Singapore TV (unless someone finds out how to make a cracked smart card).

source that SG digital T2 signal is encrypted: http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=49705904
thanks buddy! so johoreans got to get ready to say goodbye to spore channels! cry.gif
chuppachop
post Jun 27 2012, 07:33 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

Not sure if there will be CI in the local boxes....have to wait till the boxes are out for retail. I stay near Johor.....does that means I can't receive Malaysia Digital channels if they adopt CI too? :'(
RAMChYLD
post Jun 27 2012, 08:45 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

Well, if Malaysia T2 is broadcast clear, then SG will be able to receive. But if RTM and MP decides to CI-protect their signal as well (may possibly happen), then SG will be blocked out of Malaysian TV. SG signal has a high probability of being CI-protected already because they need to pay TV license and their test signal is already CI-Protected.
chuppachop
post Jun 28 2012, 12:51 AM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jun 27 2012, 08:45 PM)
Well, if Malaysia T2 is broadcast clear, then SG will be able to receive. But if RTM and MP decides to CI-protect their signal as well (may possibly happen), then SG will be blocked out of Malaysian TV. SG signal has a high probability of being CI-protected already because they need to pay TV license and their test signal is already CI-Protected.
Thanks. biggrin.gif
Qash-M
post Jul 1 2012, 11:38 AM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

Migration to digital terrestrial TV

MPrima has been doing the necessary investment and changes since 2010 to prepare for the digital TV transition
given the government’s plan to digitalise FTA TV nationwide by mid-2013. Analogue switch off is planned to
take place by the end of 2015. Management expressed that MPrima is not interested in participating in the infrastructure of the digital TV rollout. At this juncture, MPrima intends to pay for only a single transmission.

https://www.amesecurities.com.my/gc/downloa...ma%20120629.pdf

facepalm.jpg doh.gif
RAMChYLD
post Jul 2 2012, 11:34 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jul 1 2012, 11:38 AM)
doh.gif someone should get them to clarify... They want their own frequency or what??? One frequency is enough to carry 3, 7, 8, 9 and 9 more new channels. However if they plan to make 7,8,9 available only via pay TV platform and only transmit 3 digitally OTA, there will be backlash, no doubt about it.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jul 3 2012, 11:18 AM
Qash-M
post Jul 4 2012, 10:16 AM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jul 2 2012, 11:34 PM)
doh.gif someone should get them to clarify... They want their own frequency or what??? One frequency is enough to carry 3, 7, 8, 9 and 9 more new channels. However if they plan to make 7,8,9 available only via pay TV platform and only transmit 3 digitally OTA, there will be backlash, no doubt about it.
That's right.
Attached Image

Media Prima > using HD camera > > some programme is shot in HD > not using 100% digital feed to Astro > say no to Digital TV rollout.

Quite fakap now. rclxub.gif

Added on July 24, 2012, 10:54 pm
QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jul 4 2012, 10:16 AM)
That's right.
Attached Image

Media Prima > using HD camera > > some programme is shot in HD > not using 100% digital feed to Astro > say no to Digital TV rollout.

Quite fakap now. rclxub.gif
Nevertheless, the entire industry will be keeping a close watch over the next 14 months as to who will emerge as the winner of the project. The identity of the winner is likely to be announced by third quarter of next year.

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIM...icle/index_html

14 month. Can Malaysia do it? Nah... (inb4 Rise Yatim)

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Jul 24 2012, 10:54 PM
chuppachop
post Nov 27 2012, 03:29 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

for those interested in S'pore technical specs of DVB-T2 receivers......respondents include Dolby Singapore, Sony Malaysia, Toshiba, Mediacorp, Starhub etc.

http://www.mda.gov.sg/Reports/Consultation...T2Receiver.aspx

RAMChYLD
post Nov 28 2012, 05:25 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

Malaysia, well, 2013 July only final round of bidding. That's before they even set up one transmitter...
hizad
post Dec 12 2012, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

With Chinese DVD and digital tv receiver 2 din. Excellent quality even driving around kl

Added on December 12, 2012, 8:37 pmExamples of RTM digital channels while driving.
http://youtu.be/bjr2bEA6oVo

This post has been edited by hizad: Dec 12 2012, 08:37 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
chuppachop
post Dec 13 2012, 09:06 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

rollout timetable.

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIM...s/msee/Article/

Qash-M
post Dec 14 2012, 03:46 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Dec 13 2012, 09:06 PM)
Unlike Singapore, malaysia digital tv progress is still slow... laugh.gif
bahathir
post Feb 8 2013, 10:36 AM

Regular
1,200 posts

I ordered PCTV Systems DVB-T2 290e nanoStick HD TV Tuner at Amazon UK this Monday (2013-02-04), and,... I received it yesterday (2013-02-07).
Here is the cost details.

Item(s) Subtotal: £45.83 (MYR 222.64)
Postage & Packing: £21.39 (MYR 103.91)
-----
Total before VAT: £67.22 (MYR 326.55)
VAT: £0.00
-----
Total: £67.22
-----
Total for this Delivery: £67.22
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Yes, it was international delivery by Amazon UK.

As I mentioned earlier in my previous posts, I already have Pinnacle PCTV 340e, Hybrid Pro, and was looking for USB DVB-T2 tuner to 'play' with on GNU/Linux Slackware64 OS platform.

Unfortunately, no DVB-T2 broadcast available right now in Bandar Sri Damansara to 'play' with. smile.gif Hopefully I able to try DVB-T2 broadcast soon. Currently, the DVB-T2 tuner is receiving DVB-T RTM's test broadcast. Well, at least I am preparing for future.

Performance wise, compared to PCTV 340e, the PCTV 290e has a bit better signal lock and stable reception.
The downside is, the full scan is slower. PCTV 340e able to do the full scan in about 3 minutes, but PCTV 290e is in about 6 minutes.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by bahathir: Feb 8 2013, 11:26 AM
RAMChYLD
post Feb 8 2013, 11:55 AM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Dec 14 2012, 03:46 PM)
Unlike Singapore, malaysia digital tv progress is still slow... laugh.gif
Delay again to 2014 doh.gif shakehead.gif

No. Just... No. As if Rice just want to hold on to his old National VHF-only black-and-white CRT TV as long as he can stay in power as info minister. doh.gif

NAJIS! Y U PICK COMPUTER-ILLITERATE CONSERVATIVE TECHNOPHOBIC TO BE INFO MINISTER AND MCMC/SKMM HEAD?!? shakehead.gif

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Feb 8 2013, 11:59 AM
bahathir
post Feb 8 2013, 04:12 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

Relax my friend. Not everyone interested in DVB-T. Asto, Hypptv (unifi), Internet ,..are more accessible. Govt can 'delay'/drag thing because not many people care about DVB-T, because it is just one of the broadcasting technology.
Qash-M
post Feb 8 2013, 08:12 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Feb 8 2013, 10:36 AM)
Unfortunately, no DVB-T2 broadcast available right now in Bandar Sri Damansara to 'play' with. smile.gif Hopefully I able to try DVB-T2 broadcast soon. Currently, the DVB-T2 tuner is receiving DVB-T RTM's test broadcast. Well, at least I am preparing for future.

Performance wise, compared to PCTV 340e, the PCTV 290e has a bit better signal lock and stable reception.
The downside is, the full scan is slower. PCTV 340e able to do the full scan in about 3 minutes, but PCTV 290e is in about 6 minutes.

Thank you.
LOL didn't receive RTM HD signal yet? hmm.gif
bahathir
post Feb 8 2013, 10:26 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Feb 8 2013, 08:12 PM)
LOL didn't receive RTM HD signal yet? hmm.gif
Yes, no luck yet. Now, I am at my house near Bangi. Still normal SD DVB-T RTM broadcast....

Just wait and see, 2014 is just ... less than a year away.. smile.gif
bahathir
post Feb 10 2013, 03:07 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

PCTV 290e has MCX (Micro CoaXial) connector, and 340e has normal coax antenna connection..Good thing is, PCTV 240e comws with coax antenna connector -> MCX adaptor,so I can use standard antenna connector.

Attached Image

Qash-M
post Feb 10 2013, 05:29 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Feb 10 2013, 03:07 PM)
PCTV 290e has MCX (Micro CoaXial) connector, and 340e has normal coax antenna connection..Good thing is, PCTV 240e comws with coax antenna connector -> MCX adaptor,so I can use standard antenna connector.

Attached Image
Good luck hunting the DVB-T/T2 channels. rclxms.gif
yoksan
post Feb 17 2013, 03:19 PM

44 posts

Anywhere in Malaysia that got sell Set Top Box DVB-T2 ?
How many channel can be receive for the time being ?
RAMChYLD
post Feb 19 2013, 04:45 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(yoksan @ Feb 17 2013, 03:19 PM)
Anywhere in Malaysia that got sell Set Top Box DVB-T2 ?
How many channel can be receive for the time being ?
Well, I think JB will be selling DVB-T boxes because it's for the time being required to receive Singapore. Outside JB, I don't think so. At least, I know one store that used to sell (IT Superstore e@Curve) but they stopped.

At the time being, no T2 signal. Only T signal, and at that only 4 active TV channels (1, 2, i, and Muzik Aktif). Pelangi, Panggung and Sinergi appeared to have shut down transmission already - since late last year they only transmit test pattern. Aside from that, there's two channels that never worked from the start - EPG and Games, which only result in "Not Supported" error on my LG TV. There's also 7 radio channels.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Feb 19 2013, 04:45 PM
Qash-M
post Feb 20 2013, 09:08 AM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Feb 19 2013, 04:45 PM)
At the time being, no T2 signal. Only T signal, and at that only 4 active TV channels (1, 2, i, and Muzik Aktif). Pelangi, Panggung and Sinergi appeared to have shut down transmission already - since late last year they only transmit test pattern. Aside from that, there's two channels that never worked from the start - EPG and Games, which only result in "Not Supported" error on my LG TV. There's also 7 radio channels.
LONG way to go through digital tv switchover. Well, atleast it's "better" than MP channels. laugh.gif
yoksan
post Mar 4 2013, 10:26 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Feb 19 2013, 04:45 PM)
Well, I think JB will be selling DVB-T boxes because it's for the time being required to receive Singapore. Outside JB, I don't think so. At least, I know one store that used to sell (IT Superstore e@Curve) but they stopped.

Thanks for the info .... i thought other channel still have in Malaysia....
Nowonder no ppl is interested in using DVB-T...
Malaysia still long way to go....
chuppachop
post Mar 12 2013, 11:32 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

Update on situation here for those interested.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Skylinestar
post Mar 13 2013, 09:38 AM

Mega Duck
8,159 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Mar 12 2013, 11:32 PM)
Good for Sg. Probably year 2020 for Malaysia
chuppachop
post Mar 13 2013, 06:47 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

Believe those in JB should be able to receive the spillover digital signals?
klphang
post Mar 14 2013, 12:35 AM

Getting Started
143 posts

Yes JB can receive all 4 digital SG channel. But SG tv program is as boring as Malaysia TV.
RAMChYLD
post Mar 14 2013, 10:42 AM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(klphang @ Mar 14 2013, 12:35 AM)
Yes JB can receive all 4 digital SG channel. But SG tv program is as boring as Malaysia TV.
Eh, no. I'd kill to get all the cartoons that's on TCS Okto. You can NOT get the new Strawberry Shortcake in Malaysia, especially Season 2 onwards. And Arthur which in Malaysia has not shown beyond Season 4 for stupid reasons, but Singapore has aired up to the latest Season, Season 16! sweat.gif

But as it stands, Selangor too far from Singapore cry.gif

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Mar 15 2013, 01:10 AM
BBboom
post Mar 14 2013, 07:32 PM

28 posts

digital or analog tv signal still the same, the most important is the content of the program. i had subscribe astro beyond special package but hardly spend 1 hour in a month.
bahathir
post Apr 7 2013, 10:46 AM

Regular
1,200 posts

1) I just rescanned DVB-T signal, and, as we can see below, no more PANGGUNG, PELANGI and SINGERGI channels, using PCTV 290e (DVB-T2 USB dongle).

2) All channels are in both 658 anda 674 MHz.

3) Digital radio broadcast also named as service-id 13 to 19

As a 'RAKYAT'/people, I hope after the PRU13, 'we may get better DVB-T[2] service. smile.gif

Yeah, I already have Astro Byond PVR and Unifi's Hypptv and SmartTV internet, but not really watches them, but, my kids are utilizing the services. smile.gif

CODE

$ w_scan -X -c my
:
:
TV1(Harmonic):658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:34:32:1
TV2(Harmonic):658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:62:60:2
TV-i(Harmonic):658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:58:56:3
Music  Active(Harmonic):658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:48:50:4
service_id 13:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:37:13
service_id 14:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:45:14
service_id 15:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:42:15
service_id 16:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:40:16
service_id 17:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:46:17
service_id 18:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:44:18
service_id 19:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:43:19
TV1(Harmonic):674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:34:32:1
TV2(Harmonic):674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:62:60:2
TV-i(Harmonic):674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:58:56:3
Music  Active(Harmonic):674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:48:50:4
service_id 13:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:37:13
service_id 14:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:45:14
service_id 15:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:42:15
service_id 16:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:40:16
service_id 17:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:46:17
service_id 18:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:44:18
service_id 19:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:43:19

bahathir
post Apr 7 2013, 01:33 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Mar 12 2013, 11:32 PM)
The online version of the news.... BTW it is for Singapore. smile.gif
http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/...free-air-digita
RAMChYLD
post Apr 7 2013, 09:49 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Apr 7 2013, 10:46 AM)
As a 'RAKYAT'/people,  I hope after the PRU13, 'we may get better DVB-T[2] service. smile.gif
Vote for change then flex.gif . The problem was, Mr. Rice hates all manner digital... brows.gif

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Apr 7 2013, 09:49 PM
bahathir
post Apr 8 2013, 11:12 AM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Apr 7 2013, 09:49 PM)
Vote for change then  flex.gif . The problem was, Mr. Rice hates all manner digital...  brows.gif
Off Topic
Yes. you may or not be right smile.gif... We cannot see the future, still we can hope for the best. If we 'changed' the government, does it guarantied a better digital broadcast in near future?

BTW, RTM already put the plans of the digital broadcasting, eventhough the 'dateline' changed several times. smile.gif But, there still hope. smile.gif Eventually, sooner or later most of the countries will broadcast in digital, and our beloved country will need to follow. So. whether the government is changed or not, the broadcasting technology will changes/evolves.

Just my MYR 0.02 opinion.
RAMChYLD
post Apr 8 2013, 03:24 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Apr 8 2013, 11:12 AM)
Off Topic
Yes. you may or not be right smile.gif... We cannot see the future, still  we  can hope for the best. If we 'changed' the government, does it guarantied  a better digital broadcast in near future?

BTW, RTM already put the plans of the digital broadcasting, eventhough the 'dateline' changed several times. smile.gif But, there still hope. smile.gif Eventually, sooner or later  most of the countries will broadcast in digital, and our beloved country will need to follow. So. whether the government is changed or not, the broadcasting technology will changes/evolves.

Just my MYR 0.02 opinion.
Yes, that's true. Just hope Rice doesn't get chosen again and whoever that's taking his place isn't as unqualified for the position as he is.
bahathir
post Apr 23 2013, 04:37 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Apr 8 2013, 03:24 PM)
Yes, that's true. Just hope Rice doesn't get chosen again and whoever that's taking his place isn't as unqualified for the position as he is.
Half of your wish already came true. smile.gif

Today I successful to use the PCTV NanoStick T2 (290e) on my rooted Nexus 7 tablet. Yes, on TABLET!. smile.gif

I shared the experience here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...67#post40605967

Here are few screenshots of the tablet.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by bahathir: Apr 23 2013, 04:42 PM
Qash-M
post Apr 23 2013, 11:08 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Apr 23 2013, 04:37 PM)
Half of your wish already came true. smile.gif

Today I successful to use the PCTV NanoStick T2 (290e) on my rooted Nexus 7 tablet. Yes, on TABLET!. smile.gif

I shared the experience here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...67#post40605967

Here are few screenshots of the tablet.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Still no sign of RTM HD... laugh.gif
bahathir
post Apr 24 2013, 10:27 AM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Apr 23 2013, 11:08 PM)
Still no sign of RTM HD... laugh.gif
He hhe he.. yes, no HD yet... Let's hope we can see DVB-T(2) HD after the PRU12. smile.gif
Qash-M
post Apr 24 2013, 11:51 AM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Apr 24 2013, 10:27 AM)
He hhe he.. yes, no HD yet... Let's hope we can see DVB-T(2) HD after the PRU12. smile.gif
You mean after PRU13... laugh.gif brows.gif
RAMChYLD
post Apr 24 2013, 01:11 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

I think HD is only coming once they get the transmitters set up. Which, if be end wins again, won't happen until at least June (and if new info minister is just as incompetent, expect more delays).

Or maybe experimental stream pop up if got special event. Whichever happens first.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Apr 24 2013, 01:13 PM
bahathir
post Apr 25 2013, 05:32 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Apr 24 2013, 11:51 AM)
You mean after PRU13... laugh.gif  brows.gif
Yes,, my typo smile.gif

As I mentioned earlier, sooner or later, our country will be on DVB-T/2 because of the broadcast technology improvements. The analog broadcast system will go obsolete and will be replaced with the digital. Just wait and see. smile.gif
jillybean
post Apr 25 2013, 06:08 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

no point to bother about the corrupted main stream tv. its just a brain wash channel tho.
bahathir
post Apr 26 2013, 10:10 AM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(jillybean @ Apr 25 2013, 06:08 PM)
no point to bother about the corrupted main stream tv. its just a brain wash channel tho.
Totally agrreed. But, there are still a number of programs which are very beneficial to us.

For the real news, I always refer to the Internet. smile.gif

This post has been edited by bahathir: Apr 26 2013, 10:21 AM
bahathir
post May 12 2013, 02:44 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

I made a small video clip demonstrating the DVB-T reception capabilty using Nexus 7 and PCTV NanoStick (290e) dongle.

Enjoy. smile.gif

chuppachop
post May 31 2013, 03:18 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

f.y.i.

Samsung & Sony models with DVB-T2 tuners in-corporated.

http://www.mda.gov.sg/Public/DigitalTV/Pag...SRReceiver.aspx
RAMChYLD
post May 31 2013, 03:52 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ May 31 2013, 03:18 PM)
f.y.i.

Samsung & Sony models with DVB-T2 tuners in-corporated.

http://www.mda.gov.sg/Public/DigitalTV/Pag...SRReceiver.aspx
Doesn't look like any of the models is being sold in Malaysia shakehead.gif

Sony Malaysia still selling HX/BX/EX models. No W models.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: May 31 2013, 03:55 PM
Qash-M
post May 31 2013, 04:27 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ May 31 2013, 03:52 PM)
Doesn't look like any of the models is being sold in Malaysia  shakehead.gif

*sigh* The waiting can be good. Saving some money. tongue.gif
dirk_diggler
post May 31 2013, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Is Malaysia actually broadcasting in DVB-T2? And what makes you think FTA broadcasts in Malaysia is watchable.

This post has been edited by dirk_diggler: May 31 2013, 04:49 PM
RAMChYLD
post May 31 2013, 10:29 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(dirk_diggler @ May 31 2013, 04:43 PM)
Is Malaysia actually broadcasting in DVB-T2? And what makes you think FTA broadcasts in Malaysia is watchable.
Malaysia so far broadcasting DVB-T1. And well, you're right, FTA here is full of Gomen BS propaganda. But some times there's good stuff. And when there is (I.e. Wild Wild West some times back) the quality is even better than Assteruk SD and with no rain fade problems too. I think T1 here is transmitted in Dolby Pro Logic since the TV show Dolby symbol and say it's stereo on digital channels.

There is announcements that they're going to officially launch with T2. Just that the previous imbecile info minister rice keeps causing delay to the launch!

QUOTE(Qash-M @ May 31 2013, 04:27 PM)
*sigh* The waiting can be good. Saving some money. tongue.gif
Thing is, I'm all for a new 3D HD TV now. Cannot stand the LG TV lagging on analog input anymore because I'm actually using the TV as a HD3D monitor for my consoles- the tuner is just a nice extra. Even sometimes HDMI will lag... And I figure if I have to get a TV since here is no such thing as a 32" HD3D monitor (no tuner screen) with four HDMI ports (and thus don't need external switch), might as well future proof it with a working T2 tuner...

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: May 31 2013, 10:37 PM
Qash-M
post May 31 2013, 11:14 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ May 31 2013, 10:29 PM)

There is announcements that they're going to officially launch with T2. Just that the previous imbecile info minister rice keeps causing delay to the launch!
Thing is, I'm all for a new 3D HD TV now. Cannot stand the LG TV lagging on analog input anymore because I'm actually using the TV as a HD3D monitor for my consoles- the tuner is just a nice extra. Even sometimes HDMI will lag... And I figure if I have to get a TV since here is no such thing as a 32" HD3D monitor (no tuner screen) with four HDMI ports (and thus don't need external switch), might as well future proof it with a working T2 tuner...
Which reminds me...Is it better to buy LCD/LED TV with build-in DVB-T/T2 tuner, or buy the DVB-T/T2 decoder to use with the current TV? hmm.gif
arslow
post Jun 1 2013, 12:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,241 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ May 31 2013, 10:29 PM)
Malaysia so far broadcasting DVB-T1. And well, you're right, FTA here is full of Gomen BS propaganda. But some times there's good stuff. And when there is (I.e. Wild Wild West some times back) the quality is even better than Assteruk SD and with no rain fade problems too. I think T1 here is transmitted in Dolby Pro Logic since the TV show Dolby symbol and say it's stereo on digital channels.

But can we expect Cheeky Saber to better than Rice??? hopefully la
RAMChYLD
post Jun 1 2013, 07:42 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

I eat my word. Just saw Sony Center selling DL42W804A.

Very nice set, but RM3499 :/ Have to think carefully before taking installment :/

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 1 2013, 09:29 PM
chuppachop
post Jun 1 2013, 07:55 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

Sony Days SIN Catalogue and procing...

http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/sonydays/index.html

dirk_diggler
post Jun 1 2013, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ May 31 2013, 04:52 PM)
Doesn't look like any of the models is being sold in Malaysia  shakehead.gif

If you can still find this Sony Bravia 55HX955, then you will have a DVB-T2 capable TV. Mediacorp is already broadcasting test signals in DVB-T2.

Specs are here: http://asia.cnet.com/product/sony-bravia-k...ed-46728504.htm

Attached Image

This post has been edited by dirk_diggler: Jun 2 2013, 11:09 PM
Qash-M
post Jun 2 2013, 12:14 AM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(dirk_diggler @ Jun 1 2013, 11:08 PM)
If you can still find this Sony Bravia 55HX955, then you will have a DVB-T2 capable TV. Mediacorp already broadcasting test signals in DVB-T2.

Specs are here: http://asia.cnet.com/product/sony-bravia-k...ed-46728504.htm

Attached Image
http://www.sony.com.my/product/kdl-55hx955

Didn't stated if it's DVB-T/T2 ready, just only "Digital" was mentioned.
RAMChYLD
post Jun 2 2013, 02:41 AM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 2 2013, 12:14 AM)

But the thing is, the W804A series have made it to Malaysia. Although the price isn't cheap as per all Sony products...
arslow
post Jun 2 2013, 03:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,241 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jun 2 2013, 02:41 AM)
But the thing is, the W804A series have made it to Malaysia. Although the price isn't cheap as per all Sony products...
Someone in another thread here said its 2999 for the 42 inch. At Aeon Midvalley.
RAMChYLD
post Jun 2 2013, 11:00 AM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(arslow @ Jun 2 2013, 03:20 AM)
Someone in another thread here said its 2999 for the 42 inch. At Aeon Midvalley.
I need to go check Aeon. Since Sony store selling for 3499, sounds like Aeon has a better deal.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 2 2013, 12:13 PM
dirk_diggler
post Jun 2 2013, 11:06 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 2 2013, 01:14 AM)

Can you see the pic I've attached? It shows I am watching HD5, if you know what it is. brows.gif
Qash-M
post Jun 2 2013, 11:20 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(dirk_diggler @ Jun 2 2013, 11:06 PM)
Can you see the pic I've attached? It shows I am watching HD5, if you know what it is.  brows.gif
Oh, only HD5 in DVB-T2 trial one? I thought it'd still only on DVB-T... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Jun 2 2013, 11:22 PM
dirk_diggler
post Jun 3 2013, 08:49 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 3 2013, 12:20 AM)
Oh, only HD5 in DVB-T2 trial one? I thought it'd still only on DVB-T... tongue.gif
There are 4 other Mediacorp test channels broadcasting in DVB-T2. My HX955 is able to receive it.
Qash-M
post Jun 3 2013, 09:02 AM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(dirk_diggler @ Jun 3 2013, 08:49 AM)
There are 4 other Mediacorp test channels broadcasting in DVB-T2. My HX955 is able to receive it.
So jealous with the DVB-T2 over there. Meanwhile, in Bolehland... sweat.gif
smileguy
post Jun 3 2013, 09:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,609 posts

QUOTE(dirk_diggler @ Jun 2 2013, 11:06 PM)
Can you see the pic I've attached? It shows I am watching HD5, if you know what it is.  brows.gif
OK ,then u recieve signal via the usual aerial? hmm.gif
chuppachop
post Jun 3 2013, 10:49 AM

Enthusiast
830 posts

What are the other 4 channels?
dirk_diggler
post Jun 3 2013, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Jun 3 2013, 10:22 AM)
OK ,then u recieve signal via the usual aerial? hmm.gif
I bought 2 DX brand antennas one UHF and one VHF that are made in Japan to reduce ghosting on analogue channels but doesn't really work that well, but it works well with digital signal. Then I bought 2 Maspro boosters to help with the signal amplification, which is not really needed, just being kiasu.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by dirk_diggler: Jun 3 2013, 04:58 PM
dirk_diggler
post Jun 3 2013, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Jun 3 2013, 11:49 AM)
What are the other 4 channels?
Just a blank screen with a running ticker on top saying its a test DVB-T2 signal and any information please call Media Development Authority of Singapore.

The channel epg states the channels are Channel 5, 8, CNA and Channel U or Okto, can't remember.
Qash-M
post Jun 20 2013, 11:47 AM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

http://www.flyingspaghettimonster.com/portal/forums/show....php?p=17532208

Even from Indonesia someone did track our (mostly RTM) Digital TV channels. rclxms.gif laugh.gif
bahathir
post Jun 20 2013, 01:36 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

There were some changes in RTM's DVB-T broacast in these few days, espcially on 2013-06-18
The changes were..
1) No 658 MHz carrier
2) No 674 MHz carrier
3) Channels' reshuffle,

Here is the latest channels.conf file

CODE

TV1:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:34:32:1
TV2:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:62:60:2
TV-i:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:58:56:3
service_id 13:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:37:13
service_id 14:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:45:14
service_id 15:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:42:15
service_id 16:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:40:16
service_id 17:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:46:17
service_id 18:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:44:18
service_id 19:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:0:43:19
Music  Active:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:33:34:4
PELANGI:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:51:53:7
BES:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:47:48:8
ARENA SUKAN:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:64:65:10

The Arena Sukan channel is back and the BES channel is on-air.

Attached Image

Screenshot of BES channel, notice the "SIARAN PERCUBAAN" (Trial Transmission).
But still no EPG.

Thank you... Hope we can see some changes and improvements. smile.gif
Qash-M
post Jun 20 2013, 02:02 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Jun 20 2013, 01:36 PM)
There were some changes in RTM's DVB-T broacast in these few days, espcially on 2013-06-18
The changes were..
1) No 658 MHz carrier
2) No 674 MHz carrier
3) Channels' reshuffle,
Here is the latest channels.conf file

CODE

TV1:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:34:32:1
TV2:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:62:60:2
TV-i:658000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:58:56:3
Music  Active:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:33:34:4
PELANGI:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:51:53:7
BES:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:47:48:8
ARENA SUKAN:674000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_AUTO:FEC_AUTO:QAM_AUTO:TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO:GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO:HIERARCHY_AUTO:64:65:10

The Arena Sukan channel is back and the BES channel is on-air.

Attached Image

Screenshot of BES channel, notice the "SIARAN PERCUBAAN" (Trial Transmission).
But still no EPG.

Thank you... Hope we can see some changes and improvements. smile.gif
Meanwhile, at Media Prima HQ...DVB-Unknown progress... laugh.gif
arslow
post Jun 20 2013, 02:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,241 posts

is that 2015 deadline still valid?
Qash-M
post Jun 20 2013, 04:48 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(arslow @ Jun 20 2013, 02:39 PM)
is that 2015 deadline still valid?
Dunno, but I bet we're the last among ASEAN to switch-off analogue tv for sure. laugh.gif

P.S: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-New-H.../685597211.html This might do the work. nod.gif
RAMChYLD
post Jun 20 2013, 05:02 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 20 2013, 02:02 PM)
Meanwhile, at Media Prima HQ...DVB-Unknown progress... laugh.gif
Maybe they're still butthurt because they support DMB-T which was shot down by gomen? >.<

Last I checked RTM's DMB-T signal only carry radio channels, no more TV channels. So I guess gomen decide to go with DMB-T for radio only, which would understandably upset Media Prima who wants to use DMB-T for both TV and radio (their test signal was in DMB-T, and actually carries TV3 live, TV3 delayed a few hours, and HOT FM).

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 20 2013, 05:06 PM
Qash-M
post Jun 20 2013, 06:17 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jun 20 2013, 05:02 PM)
Maybe they're still butthurt because they support DMB-T which was shot down by gomen? >.<

Last I checked RTM's DMB-T signal only carry radio channels, no more TV channels. So I guess gomen decide to go with DMB-T for radio only, which would understandably upset Media Prima who wants to use DMB-T for both TV and radio (their test signal was in DMB-T, and actually carries TV3 live, TV3 delayed a few hours, and HOT FM).
LOL fail MP. But then again, i hope MP launched those 3 EMAS channels when they "in-sync" with RTM one. laugh.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
arslow
post Jun 21 2013, 07:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,241 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 20 2013, 04:48 PM)
Dunno, but I bet we're the last among ASEAN to switch-off analogue tv for sure. laugh.gif

P.S: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-New-H.../685597211.html This might do the work. nod.gif
damn sad la,really hoping the new skmm minister does something about this
Qash-M
post Jun 25 2013, 05:40 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

> Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore agree to align with 700 MHz band
> GSMA applauds move, calls for acceleration of switch-off from analogue to digital TV

http://www.digitalnewsasia.com/mobile-telc...ith-700mhz-plan

Good news? Probably. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Jun 25 2013, 05:41 PM
Qash-M
post Jul 22 2013, 06:25 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

According to this report by The Edge, it might be take place as early as the first half of 2014 although the media giant have yet to reveal the actual channel (out of four) that will receive the HD treatment.

Media Prima’s Chief Financial Officer Mohamad Ariff Ibrahim has stated that the HD simulcast will be immediately launched once the digital terrestrial television broadcast (DTTB) infrastructure is in place. According to MCMC, the initial roll-out of DTTB services is expected to happen in the first quarter of 2014 while full nationwide coverage is targeted by end of 2015.

http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/business-ne...-in-1h2014.html

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Jul 22 2013, 06:26 PM
STEVE75
post Aug 24 2013, 03:08 AM

Getting Started
270 posts

My point is USELESS digital tv if the contents / programs are not attractive at all!!!!
Qash-M
post Aug 24 2013, 03:24 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image (from CG forum, not mine)

Just posting another Digital TV updates. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Aug 24 2013, 03:51 PM
Qash-M
post Sep 12 2013, 03:04 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

Attached Image

I got nothing so far in my area. Guess have to wait longgger... whistling.gif
chuppachop
post Sep 12 2013, 07:31 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

I am waiting for the DVB-T2 boxes to roll out here....am curious to see if can receive signals across the causeway since my area is close to JB. :-)
Qash-M
post Sep 12 2013, 11:44 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Sep 12 2013, 07:31 PM)
I am waiting for the DVB-T2 boxes to roll out here....am curious to see if can receive signals across the causeway since my area is close to JB. :-)
Slow roll-out for here indeed. laugh.gif
RAMChYLD
post Sep 13 2013, 01:17 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

I need to test to see if RTM switch to DVB-T2 and render my DTV tuners uselsss already...
Qash-M
post Sep 13 2013, 08:56 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Sep 13 2013, 01:17 PM)
I need to test to see if RTM switch to DVB-T2 and render my DTV tuners uselsss already...
And...how did it goes? hmm.gif
RAMChYLD
post Sep 13 2013, 11:20 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Sep 13 2013, 08:56 PM)
And...how did it goes? hmm.gif
No change so far. Still the same as before. Although for some reason Arena Sukan is simulcasting RTM1 at this time...
Qash-M
post Sep 14 2013, 12:14 AM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Sep 13 2013, 11:20 PM)
No change so far. Still the same as before. Although for some reason Arena Sukan is simulcasting RTM1 at this time...
Which reminds me, on the recent Measat 3a updates, there's 11 channels (including 1 in HD) under RTM lineup...

Reference: http://www.asiatvro.com/channelinfo/91.4m3a.htm
bahathir
post Sep 20 2013, 03:33 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

Scanning DVB-T2 broadcast using PCTV Nano Stick DVB-T2 (PCTV 290e) for DVB-T2 broadcast..........Nope, still no changes in channels listing or carrier. smile.gif

This post has been edited by bahathir: Sep 20 2013, 03:46 PM
Qash-M
post Sep 21 2013, 04:43 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Sep 20 2013, 03:33 PM)
Scanning DVB-T2 broadcast using PCTV Nano Stick DVB-T2 (PCTV 290e) for DVB-T2 broadcast..........Nope, still no changes in channels listing or carrier. smile.gif
Maybe need to go near the Angkasapuri, then got some changes. laugh.gif
RAMChYLD
post Sep 21 2013, 06:39 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Sep 21 2013, 04:43 PM)
Maybe need to go near the Angkasapuri, then got some changes. laugh.gif
Maybe the project stalled again already. Because you know, the current info minister is just as lousy as the last one vmad.gif
Qash-M
post Sep 21 2013, 06:57 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

Looking forward which Media Prima channels gets HD on Q1 next year. That's if... if it went on schedule... laugh.gif laugh.gif
bahathir
post Oct 7 2013, 12:12 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

Let's see how SKKM allocates/regulates frequency spectrum in Malaysia. There are lots of info in the document, but I want to focus on DVB-T spectrum only.

http://www.skmm.gov.my/skmmgovmy/media/Gen..._Final_2012.pdf

Page 184
VHF TV Broadcasting
Channel 6-12 will used for DTT service after Analogue Switch Off (ASO)

Note: I found a 2MHz bandwidth 'DTT signal' around Channel 11 or 217-219 MHz to be precise using SDR scanner (GQRX) . smile.gif But I don't have decoder or software to decode the signal.
Attached Image
The signal is weak, from my work desk; inside office building. but it's there.

Page 185
UHF TV Broadcast Band V
Channel 35 to 54 are reserved for DTT services. Now,we already got channel 44 (658MHz) and 46 (674MHz).

So, we know that more DTT service may/will come in the future. How soon? Just wait and see. smile.gif

Thank you.

This post has been edited by bahathir: Oct 7 2013, 02:57 PM
Qash-M
post Oct 7 2013, 09:37 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Oct 7 2013, 12:12 PM)
Let's see how SKKM  allocates/regulates  frequency spectrum in Malaysia. There are lots of info in the document, but I want to focus on DVB-T spectrum only.

http://www.skmm.gov.my/skmmgovmy/media/Gen..._Final_2012.pdf
Page 184
VHF TV Broadcasting
Channel 6-12 will used for DTT service after Analogue Switch Off (ASO)

Note: I found a 2MHz bandwidth  'DTT signal' around Channel 11 or 217-219 MHz to be precise using SDR scanner (GQRX) . smile.gif But I don't have decoder or software to decode the signal.
Attached Image
The signal is weak, from my work desk; inside office building. but it's there.

VHF signal... As far as i know there's TV1, TV2 & TV3 ("Mono" audio) signal still on there... hmm.gif
bahathir
post Oct 8 2013, 09:56 AM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Oct 7 2013, 09:37 PM)
VHF signal... As far as i know there's TV1, TV2 & TV3 ("Mono" audio) signal still on there... hmm.gif
But once it goes digital, the video and audio quality may improves a lot. Yeah, still need to use decoder to enjoy the DTT broadcast.
Qash-M
post Oct 15 2013, 12:37 PM

#FreePalestine
4,798 posts

QUOTE(bahathir @ Oct 8 2013, 09:56 AM)
But once it goes digital, the video and audio quality may improves a lot. Yeah, still need to use decoder to enjoy the DTT broadcast.
Or LCD TV with build-in DVB-T/T2 decoder. Still waiting (to have enough money) to buy Sony Bravia KDL-32W674A, for related. tongue.gif
lowya