Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Digital TV Station Malaysia, How do I tune to digital TV station?

views

kaspersky-fan
post Feb 28 2012, 02:04 AM

Regular
1,597 posts

QUOTE(smanszy @ Feb 2 2012, 11:26 AM)
There is no issue DVBT 1 or 2 because its about their signal compression at their station. But the problem is about mpeg2 and mpeg 4 on your tuner. Now they using mpeg2 and will turn to mpeg4. For HD Sinergi channel they set up tv platform and test transmitt via sd before they plug in the real hd encoder then they will transmit direct hd 720p. i want to see olympic london and hope they will test and take direct hd to sinergi channel like olyimpic china. all we need is get the hd decoder/tuner mpeg4.
if you get a usb tuner, its all good, mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 is possible as the decoder part is software based handled by pc, not hadware... so if ure pc has a h264 decoder, the player can play it, u can decode it... tested before on my good old hauppauge tuner, worked fine... was able to save the h264 streams.
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 1 2012, 11:57 AM

Regular
1,597 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Mar 1 2012, 09:30 AM)
Idk, but smanszy said that it would happen, right?  sweat.gif
I'm trying to point out what kaspersky-fan said in a later post is wrong- T1 tuners can never receive T2 signals because it's more than codec changed- the transmission layer has also changed. T1 tuners do not recognize LDPC+BCH FEC (they only recognize Convolutional Coding + Solomon-Reed), and should have problem detecting the signal because the continual pilot (I presume is a pilot tone used by the tuner for locking) also changed.
Lol I guess my post was not clear to the point. The intention was to point out on the varying video compression codec on a consistent technology platform, whereby the usb tuner maybe of a specific technology like T1, but if broadcasters one day decided to switch from mpeg-2 to h264 or to wmv, it will still be viewable provided they are using the T1 technology and your pc player has the codecs installed.

btw, is RTM HD still up? my mini antenna couldnt pick up any HD channels... =x

This post has been edited by kaspersky-fan: Mar 1 2012, 11:59 AM
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 1 2012, 12:33 PM

Regular
1,597 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Mar 1 2012, 12:10 PM)
Ah, okay. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I think RTM HD went down for a while oredi. My TV has never detected said channel since day 1.
no worries bro.

damn... cannot study the HD attributes =/ ... lets hope olympics 2012, they'll be doing trials again
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 1 2012, 12:39 PM

Regular
1,597 posts

Scanning with my pctv dvb-t2 tuner

so far only saw these channels..

Attached Image
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 13 2012, 05:35 PM

Regular
1,597 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Mar 13 2012, 03:52 PM)
Document contains a lot of struck out info and use of obsolete tech like PSTN (56k modem) and ISDN laugh.gif

Overly ambitious caused the project to stagnate for so long? tongue.gif

Hmmm, CI... not good. That's a CAM card system used by some European countries. Just added recently sumore.

So gomen thinking of somehow making a Lesen TV system again... No wonder considering ISDB also...

As for Hbb TV, I think not feasible. If you're in a small town, say, Mersing or one of the kampung in Tioman- how to get broadband?
Sigh... u know why? Singapore T2 testing is also encrypted...

Got these last night, still visiting Sg. Have a look:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1936sec    0.28    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:36 PM