Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PayPal discussion thread, No PayPal fund sales allowed!

engineered
post Jan 26 2007, 10:44 PM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
170 posts

need guide and help about paypal.. want to buy somethings from ebay and others, but dont have paypal account.. im over 18 and dont have credit card yet.. can i still open the account? icon_question.gif
havocx
post Jan 27 2007, 12:27 AM

The Last Fat Samurai
1,913 posts

QUOTE(engineered @ Jan 26 2007, 10:44 PM)
need guide and help about paypal.. want to buy somethings from ebay and others, but dont have paypal account.. im over 18 and dont have credit card yet.. can i still open the account?    icon_question.gif
You wont be able to buy anything with that account as without a credit card to
verify your account on Paypal. Paypal will charge a refundable amount to your
credit card which will appear as a bill to your credit. This amount and transaction
will appear and will be used as a confirmation of your account. Only then can your paypal account be created.

bidfordun
post Feb 7 2007, 09:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,230 posts

u can verify ur paypal account using debit card. also, debit card could be applied even though u dun have income yet.
dfcloud
post Feb 8 2007, 06:08 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

^ could you give a more detail explanation about debit card?
tq
zulkefly
post Feb 8 2007, 09:20 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Feb 8 2007, 06:08 PM)
^ could you give a more detail explanation about debit card?
tq
Debit cards allow you to make purchases similar to credit cards but ur account must hav enough fund. many bank hav their own debit card like Ambank, UOB & public bank. Ambank debit card easier to apply . don't need open saving account. just buy the card at 7-eleven & submit application form. not sure the price. i think around RM25. u can verify ur paypal account using that debit card. icon_rolleyes.gif
::Ambank NexG::
dfcloud
post Feb 10 2007, 12:10 AM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

tq, hav being searching this debit card thingy last nite and couldnt find any,

norbito
post Feb 10 2007, 02:36 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Feb 10 2007, 01:10 AM)
tq, hav being searching this debit card thingy last nite and couldnt find any,
I think you can get one from someone at lelong.com..keyword: Mastercard
melz84
post Feb 10 2007, 02:52 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

The one offered by AmBank is a NexG prepaid credit card which u can purchase at 7-11, usually in Klang Valley, the fee charges is RM3 monthly so per year is around RM36

As for Public Bank Visa Electron (debit card), You can apply for it at any Public Bank branch. yearly fees is RM24 but waived for the first year. =)

Both of them need to deposit minimum RM25, Let's say if u need to spend RM50 with the card... U need to have RM75 balance in the card.

At the moment both of the card is accepted in Paypal. I personally using PB VE to verify my paypal =) hope this info helps..
Ash
post Feb 10 2007, 07:08 AM

Legend
1,696 posts

can the account you created still receive funds even if you don't verify it using
debit or credit cards?
dfcloud
post Feb 10 2007, 09:57 AM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 10 2007, 02:52 AM)
The one offered by AmBank is a NexG prepaid credit card which u can purchase at 7-11, usually in Klang Valley, the fee charges is RM3 monthly so per year is around RM36

As for Public Bank Visa Electron (debit card), You can apply for it at any Public Bank branch. yearly fees is RM24 but waived for the first year. =)

Both of them need to deposit minimum RM25, Let's say if u need to spend RM50 with the card... U need to have RM75 balance in the card.

At the moment both of the card is accepted in Paypal. I personally using PB VE to verify my paypal =)  hope this info helps..
public bank debit card doesnt need to create an acc also ka?
56xxx
post Feb 10 2007, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Iam international student so can i apply
melz84
post Feb 10 2007, 02:29 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(Ash @ Feb 10 2007, 07:08 AM)
can the account you created still receive funds even if you don't verify it using 
debit or credit cards?
your account still can receive funds.. but there's a limit on how much u can receive/send.. but usually ppl who's gonna send u funds would probably prefer Verified accounts.

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Feb 10 2007, 09:57 AM)
public bank debit card doesnt need to create an acc also ka?
U need to create account actually. It's almost the same as AmBank NexG except that u need to go to PBB to apply for it. NexG u need just to send the form. Both also need to create account. PBB will take around 1-2weeks to get the card and activated. NexG activated in around 1 week if not mistaken.

I was a UOB MYC Visa Electron holder last time but too much hassle if i wanna deposit funds cos not many UOB branches around Malaysia. MYC VE = Debit Card + Discount Card + Student Card...

NexG is a credit card but a prepaid one. That's how Ambank try to differentiate it.
PBB VE is a debit card and usually cards with a Visa logo is accepted widely around the world.

QUOTE(56xxx @ Feb 10 2007, 01:48 PM)
Iam international student so can i apply
I'm not sure about PBB but UOB VE is available to International student...
U can try calling PBB to ask about it tho. Public Bank

Anyway.... I'm not working for any of these banks.. Haha... just that i've gone tru up and downs using various debit cards... At the moment i'm using PBB VE linked to my SA with Internet Banking so I have total control of the usage of my card.
dfcloud
post Feb 11 2007, 01:28 AM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

adoi. penin2
will check later when my head not penin anymore tongue.gif
melz84
post Feb 11 2007, 01:31 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

aiyo.. why so pening?
kupraq
post Feb 11 2007, 11:49 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 11 2007, 01:31 AM)
aiyo.. why so pening?
do you still have any funds in your paypal account.....???? i don't have any account but thinking of buying something in ebay.

is it possible for you to sell some funds to me????
melz84
post Feb 11 2007, 11:53 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(kupraq @ Feb 11 2007, 11:49 AM)
do you still have any funds in your paypal account.....???? i don't have any account but thinking of buying something in ebay.

is it possible for you to sell some funds to me????
i didn't put in any funds into my account .. i just use my debit card to pay tru paypal.. =)
kupraq
post Feb 11 2007, 02:40 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 11 2007, 11:53 AM)
i didn't put in any funds into my account .. i just use my debit card to pay tru paypal.. =)
thinking to apply one of those PB debit card.....

meltz84....if i have the card i have to fund some money into my PB card so there's value in that debit card right.....
melz84
post Feb 11 2007, 03:03 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(kupraq @ Feb 11 2007, 02:40 PM)
thinking to apply one of those PB debit card.....

meltz84....if i have the card i have to fund some money into my PB card so there's value in that debit card right.....
yup... deposit is RM25. But with just RM25 in your account u can't purchase anything...
E.g. If you have RM100 in the account , you can purchase RM75 worth of stuffs with the card.

If you intend to verify your paypal account... Paypal will charge your account for USD1.95 equiv around RM7+
kupraq
post Feb 11 2007, 07:06 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 11 2007, 03:03 PM)
yup...  deposit is RM25. But with just RM25 in your account u can't purchase anything...
E.g. If you have RM100 in the account , you can purchase RM75 worth of stuffs with the card.

If you intend to verify your paypal account... Paypal will charge your account for USD1.95  equiv around RM7+
so which one is the best way to apply....online or just drop by to PB branch??? I'm quite busy.....and how long does the process take.......till my card ready to use....

Regards... rclxms.gif
melz84
post Feb 11 2007, 10:53 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(kupraq @ Feb 11 2007, 07:06 PM)
so which one is the best way to apply....online or just drop by to PB branch??? I'm quite busy.....and how long does the process take.......till my card ready to use....

Regards... rclxms.gif
Either ways would be good actually...
If u apply online you receive a letter within a week asking u to visit the branch to produce your IC for verification... after that u'll have to wait for 1-2 weeks to get the card.. you can choose to receive your card by courier or from the selected branch... hmm... i think the whole process should be around 1-3 weeks.... depends how fast they gonna process your application...
I applied mine in Seremban.. so it took longer... if you're in KL i suppose it's faster

just an extra infor...

for NexG, u just need to purchase the pack from 7-11 and then complete the Registration Form inside this pack and send it along with a copy of your NRIC in the Postage Paid Reply Envelope provided . If not mistaken, the account should be activated within 1 week then u can proceed to Ambank or any merchant that can let u top up your card....
kupraq
post Feb 12 2007, 12:26 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 11 2007, 10:53 PM)
Either ways would be good actually...
If u apply online you receive a letter within a week asking u to visit the branch to produce your IC for verification...  after that u'll have to wait for 1-2 weeks to get the card.. you can choose to receive your card by courier or from the selected branch... hmm...  i think the whole process should be around 1-3 weeks.... depends how fast they gonna process your application...
I applied mine in Seremban.. so it took longer... if you're in KL i suppose it's faster

just an extra infor...

for NexG, u just need to purchase the pack from 7-11 and then complete the Registration Form inside this pack and send it along with a copy of your NRIC in the Postage Paid Reply Envelope provided . If not mistaken, the account should be activated within 1 week then u can proceed to Ambank or any merchant that can let u top up your card....
thanks...that's really helpful.....I need a card that can help me to purchase online like ebay via paypal but without having headache thinking about making payments at the end of the month. debit card is a really good way for a 'poor' man like me....

IYHO....is PB VE the best debit card around....and do I have to own a PB bank account to qualify for the card???

one more thing...I can make a purchase using the card wherever the sign user posted image right.....

This post has been edited by kupraq: Feb 12 2007, 12:38 AM
melz84
post Feb 12 2007, 01:34 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(kupraq @ Feb 12 2007, 12:26 AM)
thanks...that's really helpful.....I need a card that can help me to purchase online like ebay via paypal but without having headache thinking about making payments at the end of the month. debit card is a really good way for a 'poor' man like me....

IYHO....is PB VE the best debit card around....and do I have to own a PB bank account to qualify for the card???

one more thing...I can make a purchase using the card wherever the sign user posted image right.....
i don't have any monthly income since i'm only studying.. therefore, a debit card is more suitable for me... hehe..

Well, so far i think PB VE can consider as the best card in msia... cos the first year is free.. u can terminate it within 1 year if u dun like it... u dun hav to pay anything.. hehe...

usually, u dun really have to have a PBB account to qualify for a debit card... but it's best if u have one... like me... i use my SA to tranfers funds to my card tru online banking... quite convenient for me... if you don't have one... u probably have to take the hassle of going to the bank just to reload your account and to check your account balance.... oh btw... there's a free monthly statement too.. =p

um... if not mistaken, you should be able to purchase a stores with a Visa sign, preferably with a Visa Electron sign too...

I bought my domain name online from a website that only have a Visa logo and my transaction went tru... so i guess.. there's no problem with it.. =)

anyway, i think it's merchant dependent, up to them if they willing to accept or not. conclusion is that, if you're planning to buy stuffs tru ebay, there shouldn't be a problem cos you're only using Paypal as the middle person... =)
inxps
post Feb 12 2007, 02:37 PM

3 posts

Hi meltz84, gud info there. Thanks for sharing it here.
One question, does this debit card entitled for rewards point too, like the CC, which we can redeem with items/fee/etc ?

Thanks.

dfcloud
post Feb 12 2007, 02:44 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

i got to ambank just now asking for nexG card. and she said there is no monthly payment, and i was like shocking.gif
anyway the lenglui said that i hav to wait 3 working days for them to post da info to my house. will go back later to ask more, and myb reg today rclxm9.gif

edit: just reg it, hapa la amoi 2, suke2 je ckp no monthly pay sweat.gif
need to pay rm3 monthly.
and da guy at da counter said that i can terminate the card anytime thumbup.gif
hohoo paypal here i come. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by dfcloud: Feb 12 2007, 04:05 PM
melz84
post Feb 12 2007, 06:23 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(inxps @ Feb 12 2007, 02:37 PM)
Hi meltz84, gud info there. Thanks for sharing it here.
One question, does this debit card entitled for rewards point too, like the CC, which we can redeem with items/fee/etc ?

Thanks.
hmm... i guess not.. since it's not a credit card, the bank can't earn interest so there's no revenue for them to subsidise any gifts... But i think my booklet did mentioned there's a cash bonus for every RM1 u spend.. quite low... around 0.5% i think... they'll credit the bonus into your account at the end of the year, i think... tongue.gif

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Feb 12 2007, 02:44 PM)
i got to ambank just now asking for nexG card. and she said there is no monthly payment, and i was like  shocking.gif
anyway the lenglui said that i hav to wait 3 working days for them to post da info to my house. will go back later to ask more, and myb reg today  rclxm9.gif

edit: just reg it, hapa la amoi 2, suke2 je ckp no monthly pay  sweat.gif
need to pay rm3 monthly.
and da guy at da counter said that i can terminate the card anytime  thumbup.gif
hohoo paypal here i come.  rclxm9.gif
haha, some clerk working in the bank doesn't know much bout the card cos their main biz is something bigger... such as CC, SA, CA, FD etc... lol when they launch NexG, they made it avail in 7-11 but didn't mention u can get it from the bank... weird huh...

anyway, i think 3 working days is when u submit the stuffs at the bank...
diff if ppl buy it at 7-11.. cos it will take at least 1-2 days for them to send the form to the bank and another 2-3 days for them to process it... biggrin.gif

Gud luck~ hehe

kupraq
post Feb 12 2007, 07:11 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 12 2007, 01:34 AM)
i don't have any monthly income since i'm only studying.. therefore, a debit card is more suitable for me... hehe..

Well, so far i think PB VE can consider as the best card in msia... cos the first year is free.. u can terminate it within 1 year if u dun like it... u dun hav to pay anything.. hehe...

usually, u dun really have to have a PBB account to qualify for a debit card... but it's best if u have one... like me... i use my SA to tranfers funds to my card tru online banking... quite convenient for me...  if you don't have one... u probably have to take the hassle of going to the bank just to reload your account and to check your account balance....  oh btw... there's a free monthly statement too.. =p

um... if not mistaken, you should be able to purchase a stores with a Visa sign, preferably with a Visa Electron sign too...

I bought my domain name online from a website that only have a Visa logo and my transaction went tru... so i guess.. there's no problem with it.. =)

anyway, i think it's merchant dependent, up to them if they willing to accept or not. conclusion is that, if you're planning to buy stuffs tru ebay, there shouldn't be a problem cos you're only using Paypal as the middle person... =)
thanks for the guide.....your the man brother..... notworthy.gif
dfcloud
post Feb 12 2007, 07:56 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

tq melz, u have help me alot.!!! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
melz84
post Feb 12 2007, 08:23 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

hehe..
glad to help...
just sharing some experience...
u shud thank TS too...since he started the thread.. hehe
dfcloud
post Feb 12 2007, 10:19 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

yep. tq TS, if its wasnt for u, it would be hard for me to find all this info by myself. icon_rolleyes.gif
bukanmain
post Feb 12 2007, 10:45 PM

I'm only 20,still learning..
1,711 posts

good luck on future
melz84
post Feb 13 2007, 03:07 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

haha...
i guess there's alot of u planning to purchase stuffs on ebay huh?

oh btw.. i forgot to include... those who are using NexG, the card is accepted by merchant as a normal as Mastercard Credit Card, not as a Debit Card. That's the only thing that differentiate NexG and Visa Electron. Mastercard also have debit card but i forgotten what it's called... It's not available in msia tho... =p
Junior83
post Feb 15 2007, 02:24 PM

Investor
1,255 posts

After all those buying, sometimes we need to withdraw money from Paypal, here some site giving suggestion on how to withdraw money from Paypal:

http://www.szab.net/blog/2006/07/05/pandua...i-akaun-paypal/

http://moneyblogger.net/archives/2006/09/0...ithdraw-paypal/

http://moneyblogger.net/archives/2006/07/1...aw-paypal-fund/

I find out by using google.com.... smile.gif

This post has been edited by Junior83: Feb 15 2007, 02:25 PM
satanclausz
post Feb 23 2007, 05:02 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 11 2007, 03:03 PM)
If you intend to verify your paypal account... Paypal will charge your account for USD1.95  equiv around RM7+
Hello melz84,

Its precious informations that you have shared here..thanks man. But I have questions to ask..let say I'm using AmBank NexG Prepaid MasterCard to activate my Paypal account and I have the total credit of RM100 in the card..is Paypal will directly deduct the charges of USD1.95 (RM7+) from the credits in my card or Paypal will send me bill to pay for it?

If I'm buying something from eBay US for the item cost me about USD100 (RM350+), is that mean I have to topup the credit first into my card to make the payment?

Thanks. smile.gif

This post has been edited by satanclausz: Feb 23 2007, 05:05 AM
melz84
post Feb 23 2007, 02:20 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(satanclausz @ Feb 23 2007, 05:02 AM)
Hello melz84,

Its precious informations that you have shared here..thanks man. But I have questions to ask..let say I'm using AmBank NexG Prepaid MasterCard to activate my Paypal account and I have the total credit of RM100 in the card..is Paypal will directly deduct the charges of USD1.95 (RM7+) from the credits in my card or Paypal will send me bill to pay for it?

If I'm buying something from eBay US for the item cost me about USD100 (RM350+), is that mean I have to topup the credit first into my card to make the payment?

Thanks. smile.gif
Frankly speaking, I'm not quite sure how NexG actually works. Assuming it's same to PB VE, when I want to verify my Paypal account, Paypal will charge my card for USD1.95 and the amount will be deducted directly from my card. Public bank sent me a Card Usage Notice everytime I make purchase online. In that notice, they will state the time/date of transaction and the transaction description.

For Paypal, verification purpose, you'll see something like 1234PAYPAL--*EXPUSE on the notice. Notice that the first 4 numbers are your verification ID that you need to enter in the paypal page to verify and remove limitation of your account.

I'm not sure NexG does the same. If they don't, you might probably want to check your card account online. Usually there's a transaction details where you can also find that code.

I think if you plan to buy something from ebay for USD100, I would suggest you to have at least RM400 in the account. Just in case cos for PB VE case, RM25 in the account is considered as a deposit and can't be used. Which mean I will only have RM375 in the account. You might want to have extra $$ in the account if the item price excludes shipping =)

satanclausz
post Feb 23 2007, 03:15 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 23 2007, 02:20 PM)
Frankly speaking, I'm not quite sure how NexG actually works. Assuming it's same to PB VE, when I want to verify my Paypal account, Paypal will charge my card for USD1.95 and the amount will be deducted directly from my card. Public bank sent me a Card Usage Notice everytime I make purchase online. In that notice, they will state the time/date of transaction and the transaction description.

For Paypal, verification purpose, you'll see something like 1234PAYPAL--*EXPUSE on the notice. Notice that the first 4 numbers are your verification ID that you need to enter in the paypal page to verify and remove limitation of your account.

I'm not sure NexG does the same. If they don't, you might probably want to check your card account online. Usually there's a transaction details where you can also find that code.

I think if you plan to buy something from ebay for USD100, I would suggest you to have at least RM400 in the account. Just in case cos for PB VE case, RM25 in the account is considered as a deposit and can't be used. Which mean I will only have RM375 in the account. You might want to have extra $$ in the account if the item price excludes shipping =)
Hello melz,

Thanks again for the infos.

This post has been edited by satanclausz: Feb 23 2007, 03:23 PM
melz84
post Feb 23 2007, 03:20 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

no prob....
btw..
i dunno whether this is true...
Paypal will actually refund that USD1.95 into your Paypal account instead of your debitcard when u make ur first payment tru Paypal.

I've not yet purchase anything tru paypal cos most of my purchase are done directly to my card. So i think i'm not eligible for that refund.. haha
satanclausz
post Feb 23 2007, 03:26 PM

10 posts

melz, i have something to ask again.. biggrin.gif

Can I have online account for the card even I never have a AmBank account?
NexG can be use wherever the MasterCard is accepted right?

Thanks melz notworthy.gif

WaCKy-Angel
post Feb 23 2007, 03:27 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
20,396 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 23 2007, 03:20 PM)
no prob....
btw..
i dunno whether this is true...
Paypal will actually refund that USD1.95 into your Paypal account instead of your debitcard when u make ur first payment tru Paypal.

I've not yet purchase anything tru paypal cos most of my purchase are done directly to my card. So i think i'm not eligible for that refund.. haha
Its true....

But actually its your money...
Paypal doesnt charge u anything for the service..except business account ofcourse.

The USD .95 is actually the amount charged by paypal to your Credit Card when u verify your card..
So then paypal will credit the USD 1.95 into your account....The amount was just to verify your card (paypal include a password in reference number in billing so u need to key-in the password into paypal website to verify your account)

Added on February 23, 2007, 3:29 pm
QUOTE(satanclausz @ Feb 23 2007, 03:26 PM)

Thanks melz  notworthy.gif
If u dont have NexG card, how can u get an online account?
NexG can be used anywhere that accept MasterCard or Visa.

This post has been edited by WaCKy-Angel: Feb 23 2007, 03:29 PM
melz84
post Feb 23 2007, 03:47 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

thanks for clearing my doubts, WaCKy-Angel

QUOTE(satanclausz @ Feb 23 2007, 03:26 PM)

Thanks melz  notworthy.gif
I'm not sure, but some said that if you get a NexG, you probably able to register for an online account to track & monitor your card usage.
satanclausz
post Feb 23 2007, 03:52 PM

10 posts

If u dont have NexG card, how can u get an online account?
NexG can be used anywhere that accept MasterCard or Visa.
Well I mean anyone can buy the NexG card even they doesnt have AmBank account since the NexG can be bought at 7E..so that I just wondering if I have NexG card, can I have the online account to check the spending or balance credit of the card? but at the same time I dont have the current or saving account with AmBank.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by satanclausz: Feb 23 2007, 03:55 PM
melz84
post Feb 23 2007, 03:56 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(satanclausz @ Feb 23 2007, 03:52 PM)

Well I mean anyone can buy the NexG card even they doesnt have AmBank account since the NexG can be bought at 7E..so that I just wondering if I have NexG card, can I have the online account to check the spending or balance credit of the card? but at the same time I dont have the current or saving account with AmBank.

Thanks.
I think can. I think I've seen someone post something about it somewhere. I think someone in this thread is using it already. Hopefully he/she would update us about it.
satanclausz
post Feb 23 2007, 04:02 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 23 2007, 03:56 PM)
I think can. I think I've seen someone post something about it somewhere. I think someone in this thread is using it already. Hopefully he/she would update us about it.
Erm ok then..to melz84 & WaCKy-Angel..thanks alot. notworthy.gif
tester
post Feb 23 2007, 06:34 PM

Casual
379 posts

Hi, I'm getting my PB debit card soon. I'd like to know if I have to add fund to the paypal account (after getting verified) to send money, or paypal will deduct the money from my debit card account automatically as the account does not have any money?

melz84
post Feb 23 2007, 07:03 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

i think you don't need to add funds. Paypal works as a middle person if not mistaken. All your purchase should deduct $$ straight from your card.
khoking
post Feb 25 2007, 06:19 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(tester @ Feb 23 2007, 06:34 PM)
Hi, I'm getting my PB debit card soon. I'd like to know if I have to add fund to the paypal account (after getting verified) to send money, or paypal will deduct the money from my debit card account automatically as the account does not have any money?
Does PayPal accept debit card from Malaysia? I know they accept Credit Card but not sure about debit card.

As for credit card cash, you do not need to add fund to your PayPal account. When you make payment, it will automatically deduct/charge from your card.

Regards,
Kho King
www.ECMalaysia.com ~ Electronic Commerce in Malaysia!
melz84
post Feb 25 2007, 11:48 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(khoking @ Feb 25 2007, 06:19 PM)
Does PayPal accept debit card from Malaysia? I know they accept Credit Card but not sure about debit card.

As for credit card cash, you do not need to add fund to your PayPal account. When you make payment, it will automatically deduct/charge from your card.

Regards,
Kho King
www.ECMalaysia.com ~ Electronic Commerce in Malaysia!
yes... Paypal does accept debit card from malaysia... it's been quite some time already.. hehe laugh.gif
but then the cons is.. we're still unable to withdraw money... hmm.gif
rstusa
post Mar 23 2007, 01:59 PM

Regular
1,798 posts

Any guys here can help me regarding withdraw funds from paypal to my hk bank account.

My bank account number got 10 digit, but paypal given space for me to
fill in account number only between 6 to 9 digit, so i can't fill in my 10
digit account number.

Pls instruct me, thank you!

Added on March 23, 2007, 2:00 pmHow to i add funds to my paypal account?

This post has been edited by rstusa: Mar 23 2007, 02:00 PM
eslife
post Mar 23 2007, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 25 2007, 11:48 PM)
yes... Paypal does accept debit card from malaysia... it's been quite some time already.. hehe laugh.gif
but then the cons is.. we're still unable to withdraw money...  hmm.gif
Hi there

I see you mentioned a lot of AmBank and PBE strategy on debit card. I like to issue 2 questions: -

a) How our Paypal link to the our debit card? Does we need to do any setting in Paypal web site or duing submission of debit card registration form?

b) Put it further, in case my Paypal acount is banned due to certain unknown reason, how can I reactivate back my new Paypal account number which will attach to this debit card?

Pls advise. Tq
melz84
post Mar 24 2007, 12:38 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(eslife @ Mar 23 2007, 02:58 PM)
Hi there

I see you mentioned a lot of AmBank and PBE strategy on debit card. I like to issue 2 questions: -

a) How our Paypal link to the our debit card? Does we need to do any setting in Paypal web site or duing submission of debit card registration form?

b) Put it further, in case my Paypal acount is banned due to certain unknown reason, how can I reactivate back my new Paypal account number which will attach to this debit card?

Pls advise. Tq
a. Debit card can be linked tru the Add Debit/Credit card section. And they'll charge you USD 1.95 for verification.

b.I have an account which is also banned due to unknown reason. I tried to check with Paypal but they didn't give me an exact explaination. So i opened another account instead. So i guess, it's either you try asking for customer support and checkout what's wrong with your account or just open another one.
eslife
post Mar 26 2007, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Mar 24 2007, 12:38 AM)
a. Debit card can be linked tru the Add Debit/Credit card section. And they'll charge you USD 1.95 for verification.

b.I have an account which is also banned due to unknown reason. I tried to check with Paypal but they didn't give me an exact explaination. So i opened another account instead.  So i guess, it's either you try asking for customer support and checkout what's wrong with your account or just open another one.
Thanks for your reply. You answered how the Paypal link to debit card number through the paypal web site in the question (a) . My next question is how is the debit card recognise which paypal ID that we are using? Are we going to tell this in the earlier debit card application form?

With the above doubt, it brings to my question (b). How can we re-link the debit card number with the NEW Paypal ID in case the old one is banned? Are we going to repeat the setting at both Paypal web site and also through the debit card application form?

Pls assist.

Thanks

Added on March 26, 2007, 11:41 amSo far, I have collected information on how to use debit card in order to utilise the money in Paypal. I am curious if there is a method to withdraw the physical cash in Malaysia from Paypal as I see ppl publish in this web site, http://www.malaysiapal.com/ . Appreciate if anyone can explain in detail.

This post has been edited by eslife: Mar 26 2007, 11:41 AM
melz84
post Mar 26 2007, 02:52 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(eslife @ Mar 26 2007, 11:37 AM)
Thanks for your reply. You answered how the Paypal link to debit card number through the paypal web site in the question (a) . My next question is how is the debit card recognise which paypal ID that we are using? Are we going to tell this in the earlier debit card  application form?

With the above doubt, it brings to my question (b). How can we re-link the debit card number with the NEW Paypal ID in case the old one is banned? Are we going to repeat the setting at both Paypal web site and also through the debit card application form?

Pls assist.

Thanks
When u applied for the debit card, you don't have to tell the issuer bank what you're gonna do with the card.

Just apply a anew Paypal account then add the Debit Card details in.. it's that simple =)
it's not that complicated as you think...

Anyway, about the withdrawal of funds from your paypal... I'm not sure MalaysiaPal works. Cos i personally never tried it. But then, you might wanna sell the funds in the forum... There are some people who are willing to buy them in exchange for RM. =)

I notice there's quite a number of Paypal funds seller on LYN
eslife
post Mar 27 2007, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Mar 26 2007, 02:52 PM)
When u applied for the debit card, you don't have to tell the issuer bank what you're gonna do with the card.

Just apply a anew Paypal account then add the Debit Card details in.. it's that simple =)
it's not that complicated as you think...

Anyway, about the withdrawal of funds from your paypal... I'm not sure MalaysiaPal works. Cos i personally never tried it. But then, you might wanna sell the funds in the forum... There are some people who are willing to buy them in exchange for RM. =)

I notice there's quite a number of Paypal funds seller on LYN
Thanks again for info. What is LYN? Any idea what is the web site?
I prefer to sell the Paypal for money as I liek to use to other invetsment.
Any idea what could be the rate of selling and buying?
melz84
post Mar 27 2007, 03:33 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

haha.. LYN is the forum that u're currently in... hmm. maybe u should checkout the Trade section of the forum... some members are selling their paypal funds there...
eslife
post Mar 27 2007, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Mar 27 2007, 03:33 PM)
haha.. LYN is the forum that u're currently in... hmm. maybe u should checkout the Trade section of the forum... some members are selling their paypal funds there...
Thanks. i just join LYN recently. I prefer the chinse forum much. Maybe you can recommend some good and trusted one since you have been years for longer time. Appreciate for this help
moderno
post Mar 29 2007, 02:18 PM

*Thanks for all the memories & supports! @ LYN**
1,924 posts

can someone help me why the paypal give this message when i'm registering the ambank NEXG card?

This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.

i called up the service centre and they said my card is active...but dunno what when wrong sad.gif

but yet i still not toping up any extra funds yet to this nexg card...maybe is that caused the problems? sad.gif

melz84
post Mar 29 2007, 03:05 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(eslife @ Mar 27 2007, 05:35 PM)
Thanks. i just join LYN recently. I prefer the chinse forum much. Maybe you can recommend some good and trusted one since you have been years for longer time. Appreciate for this help
Actually i'm not sure if they're trusted ones or not but I did see some good feedbacks tho. I personally haven't tried buying nor selling paypal funds. Hehe... If i know how to read chinese, i would visit chinese forums too... =p

QUOTE(moderno @ Mar 29 2007, 02:18 PM)
can someone help me why the paypal give this message when i'm registering the ambank NEXG card?

This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.

i called up the service centre and they said my card is active...but dunno what when wrong sad.gif

but yet i still not toping up any extra funds yet to this nexg card...maybe is that caused the problems? sad.gif
Try topping up some funds into your card and then try again. Make sure your expiry date and the CVV code is correct. I had the similar problem like yours too till i found that i entered my expiry date the opposite way.. =p
TheXxBestxX
post Mar 30 2007, 10:30 AM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

well, u need to top up at least rm 50 if u want to verified it with paypal. i do it a long ago and now just order something from play asia and ebay.
iamzacky
post Apr 3 2007, 07:33 PM

Casual
300 posts

i see u guys know a lot about this stuff and salute you! rclxms.gif
but i do have some question to make you explanation a little more clearer.

so far this is what i understand:

i activate my debit card; which i bought from amBank.

so i need to have a paypal account so that i can buy stuff on eBay worldwide.

i register for a paypal account

i have to 'top-up' my money on the debit card in order to 'top-up' my paypal account.

assuming i have money on the debit card, i can top-up my paypal fund on paypal website.

i can go shopping now

....am i right? or am i missing something??

melz84
post Apr 3 2007, 11:02 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

hmm...
i think it's not necessary to top up your paypal account actually....
when u make a purchase using paypal... it will deduct from your card..
i tried that once when paying for hosting.

but make sure the account is verified.... cos most merchant prefer verified account...
anyway.. i still think that it's the best to open a premier account...

iamzacky
post Apr 3 2007, 11:12 PM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Apr 3 2007, 11:02 PM)
hmm...
i think it's not necessary to top up your paypal account actually....
when u make a purchase using paypal... it will deduct from your card..
i tried that once when paying for hosting.

but make sure the account is verified.... cos most merchant prefer verified account...
anyway.. i still think that it's the best to open a premier account...
meaning...my debit card must have some kind a 'link' to my paypal account? as long as theyre money on my debit card, i can continue my shopping innit?

what a verified account? is it the same as lelong.com.my verified account? where i have to send them the copy of my IC n stuff...

and whats premier account?

icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 3 2007, 11:31 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

u don't need to top up your paypal acc. it will deduct automatically to your credit card. and yes, ambank nexg can be used online.
melz84
post Apr 3 2007, 11:53 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(AllOfTheDayAndAllOfTheNight @ Apr 3 2007, 11:12 PM)
meaning...my debit card must have some kind a 'link' to my paypal account? as long as theyre money on my debit card, i can continue my shopping innit?

what a verified account? is it the same as lelong.com.my verified account? where i have to send them the copy of my IC n stuff...

and whats premier account?

icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
yes.. u have to add your debit card to your paypal account...remember... to get verified... paypal will charge you USD 1.95 . so make sure u have around Rm35 + when u do the verification...

btw... sometimes u dun really need to use paypal to make your purchase..
I bought domain names from websites accepting Visa. transaction went tru...

btw.. i'm using Visa Electron...

if a website accept Visa, or Mastercard try purchasing directly using your card... if fail then only proceed with Paypal.

another thing is... NexG Mastercard is a bit different from any other debit card like Visa Electron...
NexG is a credit card, not a debit card. the only thing that differentiate it is that it's a Prepaid-Credit Card...
iamzacky
post Apr 3 2007, 11:56 PM

Casual
300 posts

i see...i thought its a credit card. what makes it a credit card? it has annual fees or sumthin?
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 4 2007, 04:22 AM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

QUOTE(AllOfTheDayAndAllOfTheNight @ Apr 3 2007, 11:56 PM)
i see...i thought its a credit card. what makes it a credit card? it has annual fees or sumthin?
u can use it worldwide where mastercard accepted. also the annual fees is RM 36 charge by RM 3 per month. deducted automatically from your fund.
melz84
post Apr 4 2007, 04:29 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(AllOfTheDayAndAllOfTheNight @ Apr 3 2007, 11:56 PM)
dunno eh... AmBank seems like wanna make it stands out from the rest...
credit card sounds nicer than a debit card ma....
but still u need to top up before using...
LOL...

same concept... diff name only... but online transaction will recognize NexG as a credit card.
iamzacky
post Apr 4 2007, 04:55 AM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(TheXxBestxX @ Apr 4 2007, 04:22 AM)
u can use it worldwide where mastercard accepted. also the annual fees is RM 36 charge by RM 3 per month. deducted automatically from your fund.
damn. i already bought the card. and now i have to pay summore?! better go to the bank to get better info from them.

hey thanks anyway to u guyz.
dfcloud
post Apr 5 2007, 03:07 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

i just got paypal verified with nexG.
here is my experience reg nexG.

reg feb 12++ at usj branch. wait & wait & wait.
reg by fax 1 march, wait & wait & wait, activate 15++ march
got pin 3 april, next day verify.  rclxm9.gif

my advice, always call their center. i called them -+20 times i think  tongue.gif

nway.. time to buy some paypal.. biggrin.gif

edit: and you really need to wait till you get the pin to reg paypal. coz u need to confirm some number on the payment list.
i reg ambank on9 banking 2 day and it doesnt list it there. so just call their service center again... prob settle laugh.gif
i posted it in kopitiam forgot to post here tongue.gif
once again, thx melz notworthy.gif

edit: haih... now evy1 punyer paypal suda habis.. sweat.gif
melz, dont you sell some.

This post has been edited by dfcloud: Apr 5 2007, 03:09 PM
andrewleewaikeong
post Apr 5 2007, 04:12 PM

Enthusiast
836 posts

I already got the UOB VISA ELECTRON !!!! Why cant I add the card to my paypal account.
Error"This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card"

What can be the problem when I already have sufficient funds in my account. vmad.gif
iamzacky
post Apr 5 2007, 04:24 PM

Casual
300 posts

wow it took THAT long to verify your card??????? damn
melz84
post Apr 5 2007, 05:25 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(AllOfTheDayAndAllOfTheNight @ Apr 4 2007, 04:55 AM)
damn. i already bought the card. and now i have to pay summore?! better go to the bank to get better info from them.

hey thanks anyway to u guyz.
oh well.. that's business.. ahaha

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Apr 5 2007, 03:07 PM)
i posted it in kopitiam forgot to post here tongue.gif
once again, thx melz  notworthy.gif

edit: haih... now evy1 punyer paypal suda habis..  sweat.gif
        melz, dont you sell some.
lol.. i never have any paypal funds in my account.. i'm just using paypal as a medium of transaction.. hehe.. buy things only ma.. i never sell stuffs... lol

QUOTE(andrewleewaikeong @ Apr 5 2007, 04:12 PM)
I already got the UOB VISA ELECTRON !!!! Why cant I add the card to my paypal account.
Error"This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card"

What can be the problem when I already have sufficient funds in my account.  vmad.gif
check the expiry date....

if it says 07/11 ... try to reverse it... might do the trick... cos i did that.. LOL
and make sure ur CVV code is correct.... 3 digit number behind
dfcloud
post Apr 5 2007, 06:33 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

QUOTE(AllOfTheDayAndAllOfTheNight @ Apr 5 2007, 04:24 PM)
wow it took THAT long to verify your card??????? damn
1 month actually till you get the pin no. icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(melz84 @ Apr 5 2007, 05:25 PM)
oh well.. that's business.. ahaha
lol.. i never have any paypal funds in my account.. i'm just using paypal as a medium of transaction.. hehe.. buy things only ma.. i never sell stuffs... lol
check the expiry date....
heheheh, nvm2. buy edy. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by dfcloud: Apr 5 2007, 06:33 PM
andrewleewaikeong
post Apr 5 2007, 07:41 PM

Enthusiast
836 posts

I talk to UOB VISA ELECTRON officer,they said only can POINT OF SALE,cannot be use for ONLINE PURCHASES,damn I cant verify my paypal account with UOB card !!! Looks like I have to get the Public Bank.
UOB - Useless of All Bank xD
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 5 2007, 09:05 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

applied for Public Bank i suggest for people who are 18 years old above. more convenient.
melz84
post Apr 5 2007, 11:06 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

i was a UOB VE user previously... but i cancelled it cos it's a bit mah fan to get to the bank.. not much UOB branches around....

iamzacky
post Apr 5 2007, 11:51 PM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Apr 5 2007, 11:06 PM)
i was a UOB VE user previously... but i cancelled it cos it's a bit mah fan to get to the bank.. not much UOB branches around....
u have purchased something off eBay rite? if so...where is the farthest country you have tabled a bid so far? the package turned out ok?
eslife
post Apr 6 2007, 08:50 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

I alerady have the Paypal account with money sent by other people. I need a debit card to accept the payment but till now i still do not apply any debit card. Below are my questions

a) Any idea I still can change my country from Malasia to S'pore in order to allow my brother withdraw frm there? My brother has the bank account there. Is this still a legal way to convert the country after you received the fund and assign the bank info at this time?

b) How long for AmBank to process and for me to get the AmBank VE from my form submission? What will be the fee or minimum topup or renewal fee ? Does this base on yearly or monthly. If I like to cancel anytime, is this possible?

c) Can one debit card attach to many Paypal number? If yes, does this valid to Paypal?

This post has been edited by eslife: Apr 6 2007, 09:11 AM
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 6 2007, 02:22 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

apply for nexg card for fastest. fill in the form and fax instead of email. within one week, u can add the ambank to your paypal account.
melz84
post Apr 7 2007, 02:18 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(AllOfTheDayAndAllOfTheNight @ Apr 5 2007, 11:51 PM)
u have purchased something off eBay rite? if so...where is the farthest country you have tabled a bid so far? the package turned out ok?
nope.. i never purchased from ebay... i was using UOB VE to buy things on Point of Sale in msia last time.. lol...

but now.. i purchased domain name from the internet... as paypal is just a medium of payment for me.

QUOTE(eslife @ Apr 6 2007, 08:50 AM)
I alerady have the Paypal account with money sent by other people. I need a debit card to accept the payment but till now i still do not apply any debit card. Below are my questions

a) Any idea I still can change my country from Malasia to S'pore in order to allow my brother withdraw frm there? My brother has the bank account there. Is this still a legal way to convert the country after you received the fund and assign the bank info at this time?

b) How long for AmBank to process and for me to get the AmBank VE from my form submission? What will be the fee or minimum topup or renewal fee ? Does this base on yearly or monthly. If I like to cancel anytime, is this possible?

c) Can one debit card attach to many Paypal number? If yes, does this valid to Paypal?
a) NO, you can't change the country from msia to singapore. This is clearly stated in their TOS. It's the best to do that but no point attaching debit card to your account also.. cos u can cash out in malaysia. But if u're doing it, so that u can transfer those money to your bro's paypal account, then shud be no prob.

b) I'll leave this to others who uses NexG.

c) 1 Debit Card can only be attached to ONE paypal account only.
ohserena
post Apr 7 2007, 02:59 AM

Getting Started
218 posts

Hi, I have read almost of the reply and I am impressed that you all have been though so much before getting your paypal account verified. I have started working and i am having a few credit card. With the credit card i have, I verified my paypal using my credit card account number, check my credit cared statement online on the next day, enter 4 digit pin, and that's it. MY account is VERIFIED.

From the feedbacks, I sees that Next Gen is using the credit card concept and it should probably have save a lot of troubles for you all.

As long as you get your paypal account verified, everything should become simple when it comes to purchasing e-bay goods or paying for online service.

I also have a US Bank account, thus I been around in lelong dot com helping people to withdraw USD out from paypal to their Maybank account. Only a little commission charged to cover up the processing fees and the leadtime my money pending to withdraw. You may contact me if you need help on withdrawing USD.
waynelyp90
post Apr 13 2007, 05:15 PM

Nonsense Hater
1,141 posts

Guys, just an enquiry here.
If I got a HSBC US account, means I can withdraw PenPal funds into my account, right?
I also have a Public Bank Visa Electron Debit Card.

Here comes the question:
When I open an PayPal account, I use a Malaysia address and the Malaysia PBE Debit Card but when I withdraw, I use the HSBC US account number. Is this possible??
melz84
post Apr 14 2007, 03:57 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

yes... if u have a US bank account.. u just need to add it into the appropriate section of your account profile..
QD_buyer
post Apr 15 2007, 08:11 AM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

Can paypal verify ambank nexg? biggrin.gif
melz84
post Apr 15 2007, 11:47 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

if u mean using NexG to verify your Paypal account... then Yes... =)
QD_buyer
post Apr 15 2007, 01:41 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Apr 15 2007, 11:47 AM)
if u mean using NexG to verify your Paypal account... then Yes... =)
BUT Mine got denied la,huhuhu cry.gif
coolice
post Apr 15 2007, 05:29 PM

Team OCD!
1,857 posts

want to ask,an unverified paypal account can transfer funds to others?
QD_buyer
post Apr 15 2007, 09:52 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

QUOTE(coolice @ Apr 15 2007, 05:29 PM)
cannot wooo... sweat.gif
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 15 2007, 10:11 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

QUOTE(coolice @ Apr 15 2007, 05:29 PM)
cannot...
melz84
post Apr 15 2007, 10:42 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Apr 15 2007, 01:41 PM)
BUT Mine got denied la,huhuhu  cry.gif
how come??
what error u got?
how much fund do u have in there??
make sure u have around RM 40 in the account
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 15 2007, 10:59 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

i think the card is registered for person under 18. thats why la denied by paypal becoz paypal need 18 years old in their T&C.
melz84
post Apr 15 2007, 11:17 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

lol... that's too bad..
anyway, once my screamyx gets better... i'll do a tutorial on enrolling Public Bank Visa Electron secure payment.. =p

atm... i'm really getting nutz over tmnut... stupid screamyx getting dc every minute.. sigh
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 16 2007, 12:25 AM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

i think the publc bank only for 18 years old and above. kesian kt QD buyer.. cannot use paypal..
mfa333
post Apr 16 2007, 01:12 AM

Huhah!
2,588 posts

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Apr 15 2007, 08:11 AM)
Can paypal verify ambank nexg? biggrin.gif
yes and it minus around rm10 from my total rm30 credit as confirmation.

QD, i think you better check your exact registered First Name. Go to ATM, deposit some money( rm30 min i think) and keep the receipt. When adding card at paypal, use the name on the receipt as your 1st name. Mine denied at 1st try but after trying this, my account verified already.. thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by mfa333: Apr 16 2007, 01:13 AM
waynelyp90
post Apr 16 2007, 04:09 PM

Nonsense Hater
1,141 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Apr 14 2007, 03:57 AM)
yes... if u have a US bank account.. u just need to add it into the appropriate section of your account profile..
Sifus, sorry for the late reply...
That means I can have a Malaysia PayPal account and still withdraw funds to the US bank account?? blink.gif
melz84
post Apr 16 2007, 04:56 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(waynelyp90 @ Apr 16 2007, 04:09 PM)
Sifus, sorry for the late reply...
That means I can have a Malaysia PayPal account and still withdraw funds to the US bank account??  blink.gif
yep... of cos you can =)
that's why alot malaysian are trying to get a US based bank account , so they can use it to TT their funds back to their bank accounts in Malaysia.. or use those US based debit card to get funds out of paypal..
waynelyp90
post Apr 16 2007, 05:22 PM

Nonsense Hater
1,141 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Apr 16 2007, 04:56 PM)
yep... of cos you can =)
that's why alot malaysian are trying to get a US based bank account , so they can use it to TT their funds back to their bank accounts in Malaysia.. or use those US based debit card to get funds out of paypal..
Thanks dude. Hopefully I don't bumped into any problems... I wonder why PayPal still don't allow malaysia to be included into the list of countries...
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 16 2007, 06:02 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

Due to large amount of fraud from malaysia about a year ago back.. Personally I'm using a singaporean bank
melz84
post Apr 16 2007, 10:56 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(Diligent Sloth @ Apr 16 2007, 06:02 PM)
Due to large amount of fraud from malaysia about a year ago back..  Personally I'm using a singaporean bank
that's right... sad to say that malaysia is still listed in the world's scam and fraud list... thats why they don't allow withdrawal to banks in malaysia

and that's the reason why alot of online store doesn't include Malaysia as their shipping destination
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 16 2007, 11:36 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

i wonder if 2020 vision could change this.
zzub
post Apr 17 2007, 12:43 AM

Jalan-Jalan
2,044 posts

been reading thru the post..good info thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

but my Q is:

If im selling something, and the payment made by credit card, is the payment going straight to my bank account or to the paypal account?
If its goes to the paypal account, is there any way that i can withdraw the money??
WaCKy-Angel
post Apr 17 2007, 01:15 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
20,396 posts

If im selling something, and the payment made by credit card, is the payment going straight to my bank account or to the paypal account?

Goes straight into paypal account
If its goes to the paypal account, is there any way that i can withdraw the money??

Same restriction applies...
zzub
post Apr 17 2007, 01:29 AM

Jalan-Jalan
2,044 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Apr 17 2007, 01:15 AM)
Goes straight into paypal account

Same restriction applies...
wat kind of restriction?.. so there's way to withdraw the money??
WaCKy-Angel
post Apr 17 2007, 01:35 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
20,396 posts

QUOTE(zzub @ Apr 17 2007, 01:29 AM)
wat kind of restriction?.. so there's way to withdraw the money??
Like what u've read above...
U can either create US account (stock exchange account), Singapore account (or equivalent except MY account), sell it to other paypal member.
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 17 2007, 02:12 AM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

i suggest make a singapore maybank acc. from there u can TT easily.
zzub
post Apr 17 2007, 02:29 AM

Jalan-Jalan
2,044 posts

QUOTE(TheXxBestxX @ Apr 17 2007, 02:12 AM)
i suggest make a singapore maybank acc. from there u can TT easily.
any bank that u would suggest??.. im not so sure about their banking... is that mean i hv to go there and open an account??..from there can i transfer it to our local bank (eg: maybank, cimb etc)??
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 17 2007, 02:47 AM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

i not have any clue. never create overseas bank acc before.
waynelyp90
post Apr 17 2007, 09:32 AM

Nonsense Hater
1,141 posts

Just an update guys...
US major banks like HSBC are not allowing US personal accounts to be opened by foreigners to use as a PayPal withdrawal account.
To apply for a US business account, they will send their rep to inspect your business premises and it is impossible for small entrepreneur wannabe like me.... cry.gif

Will try to settle down with E-Trade now... and if not, a Singapore account... shakehead.gif
zzub
post Apr 17 2007, 12:12 PM

Jalan-Jalan
2,044 posts

QUOTE(waynelyp90 @ Apr 17 2007, 09:32 AM)
Just an update guys...
US major banks like HSBC are not allowing US personal accounts to be opened by foreigners to use as a PayPal withdrawal account.
To apply for a US business account, they will send their rep to inspect your business premises and it is impossible for small entrepreneur wannabe like me.... cry.gif

Will try to settle down with E-Trade now... and if not, a Singapore account... shakehead.gif
thats too bad....
but..will singapore bank allow foreigners open the acount to withdraw from paypal account???
waynelyp90
post Apr 17 2007, 08:01 PM

Nonsense Hater
1,141 posts

QUOTE(zzub @ Apr 17 2007, 12:12 PM)
thats too bad....
but..will singapore bank allow foreigners open the acount to withdraw from paypal account???
I am now waiting for a reply from HSBC Singapore. Guys, actually you all can enquire yourself, go to some foreign bank sites like Citibank or HSBC in other countries like US or Singapore or UK and send them an email about foreigners opening a personal account and they will surely reply...

But please remember, don't spoil Malaysia's name on financial issues already, answer their questions honestly.... Please and I am begging... notworthy.gif If we still cheat them and worse still mad.gif , attempting a fraud, we will not be able to get a "TRUSTED COUNTRY" status on the world stage like Singapore...

If you have funds, just call them directly...
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 17 2007, 08:12 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

Enquiry to HSBC@Singapore regarding opening an account (I'm using DBS btw)
HSBC Singapore's reply :

Thank you for your email to HSBC.

The SGD Statement Savings Account (SSV) is a Savings Account.
The initial deposit required is SGD500.00 and there would be a monthly
service charge of SGD2.00 if the monthly average balance falls below SGD
2,000. Customers will be issued with global access ATM card

Interest Rates:
First S$ 2,000 0.125%
Next S$47,999 0.125%
Next S$50k and above 0.250%

All applications are subject to the Bank's approval and are processed upon
FULL submission. You can visit any HSBC Branches in your country to have
the documents authenticated and verified by the staff. The following
documents are required to apply for a personal account at HSBC Singapore:

1. 2 copies of the biographic pages of your passport duly authenticated AND
verified by a HSBC staff
2. completed account opening form
3. completed signature cards
4. completed account mandate (applicable to joint accounts)
5. Proof of Address
We require any one of the following documents for proof of your address:
-NRIC for Singaporeans
-Identity Cards which are issued to foreigners by their home country.
-Passports where addresses are indicated by the Immigration Authorities
-Utility Bills
-Account statements e.g. Credit card or bank statement or banker's
reference
-Work permit if the resident address is declared on it
-Driving licence
-Letter from employer confirming address
-Tenancy Agreement
-Group Introduction Form (for existing customers)

The rates quoted are for indication and subject to change. HSBC Singapore
offers all personal accounts with a debit card, and the convenience of
telephone and internet banking services.

Overseas withdrawals are charged at SGD3.50 from a HSBC ATM and SGD8.00
from a PLUS system designated ATM per transaction. The cash dispensed
will be in the local currency of the country withdrawn at.

Debit cards will not be issued independantly and have to be issued with a
savings/current account. I have enclosed an application for your perusal.

Should you have other enquiries, please call our 24hour Customer Service
Hotline at 1800 HSBC NOW (4722 669) (Singapore) or on CALL COLLECT at (65)
6472 2669 (overseas). We will be glad to assist you.
melz84
post Apr 17 2007, 08:16 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

If you plan to use a singaporean bank to do withdrawal.. make sure you have selected SINGAPORE as your country when u applied for Paypal ... LOL
can't change after u register with Malaysia cos i attempted to but failed..

anyway, what waynelyp90 say is right.... there's so much loopholes and opportunities created for Malaysian just to get their paypal fund out.. If people still misuse them... i don't think paypal or any foreign banks would even consider giving us an account anymore.

I have a paypal account back in 1997 but that account was banned when paypal banned msian acc. luckily i have no funds inside...

Added on April 17, 2007, 8:20 pm
QUOTE(Diligent Sloth @ Apr 17 2007, 08:12 PM)
HSBC Singapore's reply :

Interest Rates:
First S$ 2,000 0.125%
Next S$47,999 0.125%

verified by a HSBC staff
5. Proof of Address
-NRIC for Singaporeans
-Utility Bills
reference
-Driving licence
-Tenancy Agreement

With that information, I'm sure it would be clearer now for those who wanna get a Singaporean account... and again, don't misuse it... haha

anyway, well done with that info =) too bad i don't have that much of $$$ rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by melz84: Apr 17 2007, 08:23 PM
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 17 2007, 08:21 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

Ah yes, You'd have to register a new paypal account to use PP@Singapore. I use 2 paypal accounts, PP@Singapore for withdrawal and PP@Malaysia for transactions. Why? My PP@Malaysia has higher ratings biggrin.gif
melz84
post Apr 17 2007, 08:25 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(Diligent Sloth @ Apr 17 2007, 08:21 PM)
Ah yes, You'd have to register a new paypal account to use PP@Singapore.  I use 2 paypal accounts, PP@Singapore for withdrawal and PP@Malaysia for transactions. Why? My PP@Malaysia has higher ratings biggrin.gif
LoL... smart.... no money laundering k?? ahahaha.. JKJK
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 17 2007, 08:30 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

Here's a quick alternative, https://www.virtualmoneyinc.com/index.jsf

For $29.95 you can open up a US bank account with an ATM card that'll let you do local withdrawals. Rates aren't too cheap though, so I'd only advise this if you're gonna withdraw in large amounts (They charge per transaction).

Offtopic:
I no longer earn enough paypal to support my monthly spending T.T, so if anyone interested to sell me a fixed amount per month, that'd be great smile.gif
mfa333
post Apr 18 2007, 01:40 AM

Huhah!
2,588 posts

just sell funds at lowyat.. lots of buyer like me need it.. biggrin.gif

eventhough the rate is abit low@rm3.30=1usd, its much more better than making sg account and the transfer rate etc..
waynelyp90
post Apr 18 2007, 12:10 PM

Nonsense Hater
1,141 posts

QUOTE(mfa333 @ Apr 18 2007, 01:40 AM)
just sell funds at lowyat.. lots of buyer like me need it.. biggrin.gif

eventhough the rate is abit low@rm3.30=1usd, its much more better than making sg account and the transfer rate etc..
We would want to even if the rate is low compared to those high trasaction fees charged by those foreign banks on us...
But if you flip through all those threads at the Dispute section, you'll find that it's risky for us to trade our PayPal funds.... Frauds, cheating can happen...

A question please, when I have a US account, my PayPal account can be Malaysia? I think last time melz said can but why if a have a Singapore account, my PayPal account must be a Singapore one? blink.gif Blur le...
melz84
post Apr 18 2007, 05:28 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(waynelyp90 @ Apr 18 2007, 12:10 PM)
We would want to even if the rate is low compared to those high trasaction fees charged by those foreign banks on us...
But if you flip through all those threads at the Dispute section, you'll find that it's risky for us to trade our PayPal funds.... Frauds, cheating can happen...

A question please, when I have a US account, my PayPal account can be Malaysia? I think last time melz said can but why if a have a Singapore account, my PayPal account must be a Singapore one?  blink.gif  Blur le...
haha... nvm nvm no need blur.. i'll explain to u why...
well... if u applied for a singapore PP account.. u automatically have a option for u to add in singaporean bank account...

as for Malaysian PP.... u will not get any option to add malaysian bank... but u'll see option for US bank account only.. that's why =)
that's the reason why ppl keep finding ways to get hold of a US bank acc.. ahaha
waynelyp90
post Apr 18 2007, 06:46 PM

Nonsense Hater
1,141 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Apr 18 2007, 05:28 PM)
haha... nvm nvm no need blur.. i'll explain to u why...
well... if u applied for a singapore PP account.. u automatically have a option for u to add in singaporean bank account...

as for Malaysian PP.... u will not get any option to add malaysian bank... but u'll see option for US bank account only.. that's why =)
that's the reason why ppl keep finding ways to get hold of a US bank acc.. ahaha
OK, crystal clear... flex.gif but maybe until now only... biggrin.gif Thanks... notworthy.gif
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 19 2007, 01:04 AM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

QUOTE(waynelyp90 @ Apr 18 2007, 12:10 PM)

A question please, when I have a US account, my PayPal account can be Malaysia? I think last time melz said can but why if a have a Singapore account, my PayPal account must be a Singapore one?  blink.gif  Blur le...
I'm a certified buyer biggrin.gif, but I only buy from sellers that have either a successful trade list or have dealt in paypal before.
QD_buyer
post Apr 21 2007, 02:54 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

Enter Expanded Use Number
When you began enrollment in PayPal's Expanded Use Program, we charged a $1.95 USD fee to your card.

Please check your credit card statement (monthly transaction history) online or when it arrives in the mail from the credit card issuer. On this statement, you will see a $1.95 USD charge from PayPal. Next to this charge you will see the 4-digit Expanded Use Number, which can be found directly before the word PAYPAL. Note that it may take 3-4 working days for the number to appear on your statement.

Please enter your unique Expanded Use Number below:

Credit Card:

Expanded Use Number:

(four digits)

After you successfully enter your Expanded Use Number, we will give you a $1.95 USD bonus on the first PayPal payment you send.
What is this?

What is this use for?How to check the monthly statement?coz i use Ambank NexG.. biggrin.gif

Anyone can help me on this? biggrin.gif
melz84
post Apr 21 2007, 03:34 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Apr 21 2007, 02:54 PM)
What is this?

What is this use for?How to check the monthly statement?coz i use Ambank NexG.. biggrin.gif

Once u enrol to that program.. ur card will be charged USD 1.95 ... then wait for ur statement to come lor.. if u got online banking to check ur card balance then most prolly u can check ur transaction history... u'll see a 4 digit number for that transaction..

use that number to activate the Expanded use program
mfa333
post Apr 21 2007, 08:38 PM

Huhah!
2,588 posts

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Apr 21 2007, 02:54 PM)
What is this?

i went to ambank branch and meet the credit card department officer to ask the code.. very friendly.. coz that day is my 2nd day of the nextG. webpin need 14days to arrive at my home.. doh.gif

This post has been edited by mfa333: Apr 21 2007, 08:38 PM
melz84
post Apr 21 2007, 09:08 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

net pin ? what net pin?

from paypal??
i'm not sure about that... all i know is, everytime i shop online, Public Bank will send me a P&C cover notice about the spending after 1 day purchasing online.

But i verified my paypal by checking for the code from my online banking few hours later.
mfa333
post Apr 21 2007, 09:35 PM

Huhah!
2,588 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Apr 21 2007, 09:08 PM)
net pin ? what net pin?

from paypal??
i'm not sure about that... all i know is, everytime i shop online, Public Bank will send me a P&C cover notice about the spending after 1 day purchasing online.

But i verified my paypal by checking for the code from my online banking few hours later.
webpin for NexG to check transaction history... usually will get after 14days from date of registration.

This post has been edited by mfa333: Apr 21 2007, 09:35 PM
melz84
post Apr 21 2007, 10:29 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

oooh..
haha
mind me... i didn't know.. cos i haven't tried NexG yet... =p
QD_buyer
post Apr 22 2007, 08:42 AM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

I edi got the webpin,but Expanded Use number still not arrive, haiz... sad.gif
melz84
post Apr 22 2007, 12:16 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

did u check ur payment history ??
i got mine from the payment history screen
QD_buyer
post Apr 22 2007, 12:22 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Apr 22 2007, 12:16 PM)
did u check ur payment history ??
i got mine from the payment history screen
at the Pypal website its already stated that my CC charged USD1.95,but at the NexG account the balance still same,no deduction...shud i ask them to resend? biggrin.gif
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 22 2007, 04:26 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

It takes a few days for it to get through, just be patient
melz84
post Apr 22 2007, 04:29 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

lol..
mine just few hours later get ady...
haha
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 22 2007, 04:41 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

My HSBC card took up till 2 days to appear in my e-statement
QD_buyer
post Apr 22 2007, 09:06 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

me just done tadi,I just call ambank oni biggrin.gif
vhanded
post Apr 23 2007, 09:08 AM

10 posts

I registered PB Visa Electron, and until now should be 1 week already, but the operators still tell me that the Public Bank has an offline problem with PayPal, still can't be fix yet... What the f***! I want to verify it!
waynelyp90
post Apr 23 2007, 06:13 PM

Nonsense Hater
1,141 posts

QUOTE(Diligent Sloth @ Apr 17 2007, 08:12 PM)
HSBC Singapore's reply :

Interest Rates:
First S$ 2,000 0.125%
Next S$47,999 0.125%

verified by a HSBC staff
5. Proof of Address
-NRIC for Singaporeans
-Utility Bills
reference
-Driving licence
-Tenancy Agreement

An additional info on this. If you don't have a passport, a Malaysian IC will do... Take note.
Also, you must be 18 years old and above... smile.gif
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 23 2007, 06:20 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

QUOTE(vhanded @ Apr 23 2007, 09:08 AM)
I registered PB Visa Electron, and until now should be 1 week already, but the operators still tell me that the Public Bank has an offline problem with PayPal, still can't be fix yet... What the f***! I want to verify it!
Some banks don't like online transactions, I forgot which one of my CC cannot be used for online purchases either
melz84
post Apr 23 2007, 06:29 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

I believe u're talking about UOB cards.. hehe.. they don't allow online purchases
QD_buyer
post Apr 23 2007, 08:05 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

O,,i want to know...

If I make transactions,I mean I pay my item at Ebay,using Paypal,but my balance is ZERO,can ah?But my NexG got hundreds of ringgit balance there.... can one ah?how much the service charge? biggrin.gif

Thanks!
mfa333
post Apr 23 2007, 09:10 PM

Huhah!
2,588 posts

QUOTE(Diligent Sloth @ Apr 22 2007, 04:26 PM)
It takes a few days for it to get through, just be patient
I think its almost instant respond... sweat.gif

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Apr 22 2007, 09:06 PM)
me just done tadi,I just call ambank oni biggrin.gif
gratz! glad to hear that.. thumbup.gif

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Apr 23 2007, 08:05 PM)
O,,i want to know...

If I make transactions,I mean I pay my item at Ebay,using Paypal,but my balance is ZERO,can ah?But my NexG got hundreds of ringgit balance there.... can one ah?how much the service charge? biggrin.gif

Thanks!
I think its possible. About charges i dont know but i know conversion rate charge is 1%.
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 23 2007, 11:23 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Apr 23 2007, 08:05 PM)
O,,i want to know...

Thanks!
Can if you have linked your NexG to your paypal account. You'd have to pay a surcharge on conversion though.
C_w_sam
post Apr 23 2007, 11:57 PM

Casual
370 posts

I wanna ask.
I wanna buy funds from the trade zone.
Can i go shopping with the funds or is buying online limited to just using the credit card in the paypal acc ? (I plan to buy from www.musiciansfriend.com)

I also intend to directly buy the funds to my friend's account because he lives in the US. so that he can buy online and they'll ship direct to him. ( They require the shipping address and paypal address to be the same)

Would this work out for me ?
thanks
mfa333
post Apr 24 2007, 12:06 AM

Huhah!
2,588 posts

QUOTE(C_w_sam @ Apr 23 2007, 11:57 PM)
I wanna ask.
I wanna buy funds from the trade zone.
Can i go shopping with the funds or is buying online limited to just using the credit card in the paypal acc ? (I plan to buy from www.musiciansfriend.com)

I also intend to directly buy the funds to my friend's account because he lives in the US. so that he can buy online and they'll ship direct to him. ( They require the shipping address and paypal address to be the same)

Would this work out for me ?
thanks
you need verified paypal to receive money if you going to buy from trade zone. verified paypal need valid credit card.
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 24 2007, 02:54 AM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

Either a verified paypal or an account linked with a credit card
C_w_sam
post Apr 24 2007, 04:22 PM

Casual
370 posts

Yes its a verified account with a credit card. but still doesnt answer my question.
I asked if we can make payment to online shopping sites (newegg,musiciansfriend) by utilizing the funds that we buy from the trade zone. Because I do not wish to charge it to the credit card.
So is it possible ?
mfa333
post Apr 24 2007, 04:31 PM

Huhah!
2,588 posts

QUOTE(C_w_sam @ Apr 24 2007, 04:22 PM)
Yes its a verified account with a credit card. but still doesnt answer my question.
I asked if we can make payment to online shopping sites (newegg,musiciansfriend) by utilizing the funds that we buy from the trade zone. Because I do not wish to charge it to the credit card.
So is it possible ?
Yes, as long you got enough funds to buy the item.

This post has been edited by mfa333: Apr 24 2007, 04:31 PM
spaceop
post Apr 24 2007, 08:30 PM

14 posts

I got my account become "Limited Access" Status. Anyone here can teach me how to resolve this problem after submitting the documents they wanted and My account still unable to resolve.

The cause of this is the buyer retracted their payment multiple times.
melz84
post Apr 24 2007, 10:14 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(C_w_sam @ Apr 24 2007, 04:22 PM)
So is it possible ?
As long the seller accepts paypal funds... they will deduct from paypal funds not from cards... if ur account have USD75 and u buy stuffs like for USD100... i think they'll deduct the balance from ur card... if not mistaken..

QUOTE(spaceop @ Apr 24 2007, 08:30 PM)
I got my account become "Limited Access" Status. Anyone here can teach me how to resolve this problem after submitting the documents they wanted and My account still unable to resolve.

have u verified it with a card??
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 25 2007, 10:32 AM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

You're screwed. This is what's known as the dreaded paypal freeze. You'll have to work out the issue with paypal but 9/10 cases are not resolved (they are greedy money loving b*stards). Good luck anyway

@C_w_sam
Yes, its possible. I do it rather frequently since 3.3 exchange rate is far more favorable than 3.5. Just make sure you have enough funds in your account and also in the proper currency
spaceop
post Apr 25 2007, 09:49 PM

14 posts

I had verified by a card. Hmm.. okie If my account is screwed, and my paypal account had been linked to my BANK account. Can i still use the bank account on my new paypal account?

*wondered*..
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 25 2007, 11:21 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

Yes you can but your previous amount is screwed.
rhesusv
post Apr 26 2007, 05:43 AM

Getting Started
182 posts

what do u mean the account is screwed? how if i have money inside the paypal acc? then i wont be able to get it back also??

and sorry quite new to paypal...if someone asked me to help them do payment via ebay, as in they gave me their acc and password, and i just login and help them pay, will it cause my acc to be freezed???

what are the causes for an paypal acc to be freezed?? thanks in advance for the infor
AssKicker
post Apr 26 2007, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
97 posts

What's the reason the buyer retracted their payment? If the buyers file a dispute because they think u're unethical, basically, ur paypal account is beyond saved (base on what I know).
The only way to get them to lift the limited access is to prove to them that u're genuine as well as ask all ur buyers who retracted their payment to support ur statement.
If everything goes smoothly. It will take a couple of weeks to resolve. So, be patient

QUOTE(Diligent Sloth @ Apr 25 2007, 10:32 AM)
Yes, its possible.  I do it rather frequently since 3.3 exchange rate is far more favorable than 3.5. Just make sure you have enough funds in your account and also in the proper currency
At the current currency rate of 3.45, I don't think its still feasible to get funds from third party. With all the hassle and insecurity just to save a couple of ringgit. Unless u're getting from a reputable seller.

QUOTE(spaceop @ Apr 25 2007, 09:49 PM)
I had verified by a card. Hmm.. okie If my account is screwed, and my paypal account had been linked to my BANK account. Can i still use the bank account on my new paypal account?

*wondered*..
No.

QUOTE(rhesusv @ Apr 26 2007, 05:43 AM)
what do u mean the account is screwed? how if i have money inside the paypal acc? then i wont be able to get it back also??

and sorry quite new to paypal...if someone asked me to help them do payment via ebay, as in they gave me their acc and password, and i just login and help them pay, will it cause my acc to be freezed???

what are the causes for an paypal acc to be freezed?? thanks in advance for the infor
no. It's no advisable to help a user to buy things from ebay. This is because if the items happen to lost in mail, there's a lot of procedure u need to go through as well as lots of other reason (lazy to explain). Just don't do it, unless they r u personal friends or family members.

When paypal suspect u of being unethical.
spaceop
post Apr 26 2007, 11:13 AM

14 posts

For the screwed account. because of the guy send me USD1500. then he retract back. then he send me again. and i dun dare to accept but then paypal had limited my account.

and helping ppl on ebay to pay is quite troublesome.

becos i had use my fren's US'address to ship something later on my account get limited paypal need US's bill for proving the address that i shipped to. Very very troublesome.

for the US bank, am i still able to use it in a new account? *i dun think possible?*
warez
post Apr 26 2007, 07:21 PM

Team Ayu 「浜崎あゆみ」
1,868 posts

Hey mates, newbie on this i want to ask something that's let say if i own a PB Visa Electron and i want to use it subscribe something but i found below answer on their Q&A.

Q: Which payment methods are available?
A: Most VISA debit and credit cards should work. However VISA Electron and Maestro Card is not accpeted. We also offer payment by PayPal.

So can i still able deal with it, also if i signup at PayPal which account should i choose Personal Account or Premier Account, anyway i'm just use it to online buying not selling.

Thanks for help, appreciate it.
pepper_mint2
post Apr 26 2007, 07:23 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

spaceop, so right now all the money in your acc cant be used already??? sorry very new with all these so want to know more....smile.gif
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 26 2007, 07:32 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

QUOTE(warez @ Apr 26 2007, 07:21 PM)
Hey mates, newbie on this i want to ask something that's let say if i own a PB Visa Electron and i want to use it subscribe something but i found below answer on their Q&A.

Q: Which payment methods are available?
A: Most VISA debit and credit cards should work. However VISA Electron and Maestro Card is not accpeted. We also offer payment by PayPal.

So can i still able deal with it, also if i signup at PayPal which account should i choose Personal Account or Premier Account, anyway i'm just use it to online buying not selling.

Thanks for help, appreciate it.
yeah. u can still deal with it since their don't know what card u are using. choose personal account if u not using it for commercial purpose.
warez
post Apr 26 2007, 07:37 PM

Team Ayu 「浜崎あゆみ」
1,868 posts

QUOTE(TheXxBestxX @ Apr 26 2007, 07:32 PM)
yeah. u can still deal with it since their don't know what card u are using. choose personal account if u not using it for commercial purpose.
You mean don't know is it cause i'm using PayPal deal with them and not directly dealing?

Thanks.
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 26 2007, 07:38 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

QUOTE(warez @ Apr 26 2007, 07:37 PM)
You mean don't know is it cause i'm using PayPal deal with them and not directly dealing?

Thanks.
yes. the card is dealing with paypal and paypal is dealing with them.
warez
post Apr 26 2007, 07:44 PM

Team Ayu 「浜崎あゆみ」
1,868 posts

QUOTE(TheXxBestxX @ Apr 26 2007, 07:38 PM)
yes. the card is dealing with paypal and paypal is dealing with them.
Oh sounds great, so you confirm it work right?
Many thanks buddy. laugh.gif laugh.gif
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 26 2007, 07:51 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

of course la work.
warez
post Apr 26 2007, 07:54 PM

Team Ayu 「浜崎あゆみ」
1,868 posts

Ok, thanks for the info.
Appreciate.

If it won't work i will find you.
*Joking* *Joking*
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 26 2007, 07:56 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

as long as paypal accept your card, it must work.
warez
post Apr 26 2007, 07:58 PM

Team Ayu 「浜崎あゆみ」
1,868 posts

Ok, got it thanks again.
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 26 2007, 11:15 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

Btw, take premier if you're gonna be buying a lot of paypal. Personal maybe cheaper but premiers is 'allowed' to accept large amounts of payments, personal may be frozen
melz84
post Apr 26 2007, 11:51 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

yeah.. i still think premier is a better choice...
more like a personal + biz account...

warez
post Apr 27 2007, 01:16 AM

Team Ayu 「浜崎あゆみ」
1,868 posts

Premier also free?
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 27 2007, 01:19 AM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

QUOTE(warez @ Apr 27 2007, 01:16 AM)
Premier also free?
i think have to pay a little bit. correct me if i wrong.
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 27 2007, 03:03 AM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

Premier has a charge when receiving payments
warez
post Apr 27 2007, 05:52 AM

Team Ayu 「浜崎あゆみ」
1,868 posts

You mean the charge is receive payment from the others?

This post has been edited by warez: Apr 27 2007, 06:12 AM
fyroo
post Apr 27 2007, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

yes. premier charge when you receive payment from others.

example if I receive USD179. Im only receiveing USD172.11 . USD6.80 deducted as fee to Paypal.

warez
post Apr 27 2007, 05:06 PM

Team Ayu 「浜崎あゆみ」
1,868 posts

Ok, got that thanks.
spaceop
post Apr 28 2007, 08:40 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(pepper_mint2 @ Apr 26 2007, 07:23 PM)
spaceop, so right now all the money in your acc cant be used already??? sorry very new with all these so want to know more....smile.gif
Had been freezed.. darn...
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 28 2007, 09:05 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

QUOTE(spaceop @ Apr 28 2007, 08:40 PM)
Had been freezed.. darn...
Next time use a premier account if you are going to buy/sell a lot
zzub
post Apr 28 2007, 10:58 PM

Jalan-Jalan
2,044 posts

so, any ppl got any other idea on withdrawing money from paypal??..
i saw some malaysian online biz site that using paypal as their main payment method.. and they also been writing some book for the guide, been trying to get my hand on the book rite now
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 28 2007, 11:00 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

u just need to open maybank singapore acc... thats way u can withdraw
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 29 2007, 05:34 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

QUOTE(TheXxBestxX @ Apr 28 2007, 11:00 PM)
Do remember to sign up as a Singaporean paypal member or else you can't add Singaporean Banks to your paypal account. Currently using HSBC Singapore
zzub
post Apr 29 2007, 11:17 PM

Jalan-Jalan
2,044 posts

QUOTE(TheXxBestxX @ Apr 28 2007, 11:00 PM)
maybank??..so paypal accept maybank singapore??
TheXxBestxX
post Apr 29 2007, 11:32 PM

...sPEeDinG t0 HeaVeN...
1,253 posts

QUOTE(zzub @ Apr 29 2007, 11:17 PM)
maybank??..so paypal accept maybank singapore??
yeah paypal accept singapore acc.... i ask them why they do not let malaysian to withdraw , they tell me becoz we got a lot of fraud case... how lame are we in their eyes?
spaceop
post Apr 30 2007, 04:45 AM

14 posts

Ya.. Malaysian had been considered as a heavy scam country for their record...

So they easily just freezed Malaysian accoun...t..
zzub
post Apr 30 2007, 08:10 AM

Jalan-Jalan
2,044 posts

QUOTE(TheXxBestxX @ Apr 29 2007, 11:32 PM)
yeah paypal accept singapore acc.... i ask them why they do not let malaysian to withdraw , they tell me becoz we got a lot of fraud case... how lame are we in their eyes?
oh my...so lame.... shakehead.gif .... hmm..maybank singapore yeah?... thanks icon_rolleyes.gif
SUSDiligent Sloth
post Apr 30 2007, 11:45 AM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

QUOTE(TheXxBestxX @ Apr 29 2007, 11:32 PM)
A few years back, Msia/Indo considered 2 of the worst credit card scammers in the world, always order product and cancel payment.. not to mention 'stolen' credit cards like cashiers etc etc

Also, a significant percentage of script kiddie attacks also originate from Msia which leads to msia being blacklisted by some merchants and paypal. A prime example now would be silenceisdefeat.org ( a free shell service) who has totally blocked of Malaysian IPs sad.gif
dfcloud
post Apr 30 2007, 12:06 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

i think this thread shud be pinned.
lots and lots of ppl asking for debit card and paypal.
melz84
post Apr 30 2007, 02:06 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

i agree with you too...
futhermore this thread kinda active...
and most of the stuffs we talk here are regarding paypal and how to verify accounts using debit card...
i wonder if the mod will consider about this..
dfcloud
post Apr 30 2007, 02:13 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

y dont u ask 1 of them since ur the sifu here notworthy.gif
SUSDiligent Sloth
post May 1 2007, 12:07 AM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

I believe a summarized version would be helpful, maybe after I get back from my trip I'll do one smile.gif
melz84
post May 1 2007, 01:30 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Apr 30 2007, 02:13 PM)
y dont u ask 1 of them since ur the sifu here  notworthy.gif
who ? me?
i'm still considered a n00bie to them.. dun think they'll even consider if i ask.. LOL...
maybe someone here with higher post count... reputable... could lend a hand in this..

let's just wait for Diligent Sloth to do a summarize post before asking a mod to pin the thread.. =)
spaceop
post May 1 2007, 01:47 AM

14 posts

Should make everything in a easier understanding steps by steps for verifying paypal.

Cautions steps of using paypal. Transfering funds, accepting funds from varies sources...

When face limited access, what proper steps to do with the fastest responce from paypal account department. The money need to spend when facing the problem to resolved limited access.

Ebay users,merchants. and whoever that use paypal share their experience..
melz84
post May 1 2007, 02:03 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

spaceop... good suggestion..
anyway.. i'll try to talk to the mod later about pinning this thread.. dunno can or not.. haha

Added on May 1, 2007, 3:07 amasked my friend about getting this thread Pinned but he says it's beyond his power to do so... sorry guyz.. did ma best.. haha.. i guess we have to count on diligent.. see if he can do something bout it =p

This post has been edited by melz84: May 1 2007, 03:07 AM
SUSDiligent Sloth
post May 1 2007, 12:34 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

QUOTE(spaceop @ May 1 2007, 01:47 AM)
Should make everything in a easier understanding steps by steps for verifying paypal.

Cautions steps of using paypal. Transfering funds, accepting funds from varies sources...

When face limited access, what proper steps to do with the fastest responce from paypal account department. The money need to spend when facing the problem to resolved limited access.

Ebay users,merchants. and whoever that use paypal share their experience..
I'll be back the day after but I don't think I can ensure the thread will be pinned either, but at the very least it would be a good resource for others to see.

@SpaceOP
There's really not much you can do regarding Limited access except wait for paypal to finish its 'investigations'. You may be interested to know that paypal recent lost a few lawsuits to people with Limited Access accounts and had to pay a substantial amount.

By the way, before everyone jumps on the paypal wagon, please keep these facts in mind.

1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service) in effect means you waive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you want to use their service, and that you may not issue a chargeback for unauthorized use of your credit card and PayPal account, or if you do, then they have the right to limit your account.

2. Their terms of service are not completely disclosed upon signup and some key "conditions" are not disclosed. They fail to mention their total lack of security to prevent your account from being compromised by phishing & spoof sites. That if your account is accessed by a criminal using one of these methods, PayPal will hold YOU monetarily & legally responsible! Also, no place do they openly tell potential members that their money is 100% at risk. That PayPal can, will, and has in the past, completely cleaned out customers' accounts, (including your checking or savings account) with no appeals process available. Instead they bury in the fine print of 37 pages of their "Terms of Service" (ToS) where they disclose to you that PayPal can close your account for any reason what-so-ever, or no reason, and then you have to wait 180 days to get your money.

4. If PayPal feels your actions are questionable, PayPal is the investigator, judge, jury and executioner. "Telling your side" of what happened, in most cases seems to be irrelevant. They also refuse to provide you with the details of their investigation and withhold documents they relied upon to make their decisions. Your only contact will be an email that says:

Thank you for contacting PayPal. We apologize for the delay in responding to your service request.

After review, the decision has been made to keep your account locked. This decision cannot be appealed.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.

That will be the end of it as far as PayPal is concerned. You can email back, but you'll just get more of the same. Oh yea, and you'll have to wait 180 days to get your money.

5. If you are a bona fide, up-standing individual with hundreds of successful transactions, but someone pays you with a stolen credit card, your account (by PayPal's own admission) is immediately flagged as being "criminal behavior" and any money in that account is confiscated. If a customer "disputes" the charge, same thing happens. (See email above.) PayPal claims that they will fight chargebacks, but read this before you fall for that one.

Added on May 1, 2007, 12:34 pmReally offtopic here but Melz has been around LYN a year longer than me tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Diligent Sloth: May 1 2007, 12:34 PM
melz84
post May 1 2007, 03:32 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

Off topic : lol... been here a year longer than u.. but wasn't really active til 3 months back... =p btw.. u were doing bulk for CFOS rite?

This post has been edited by melz84: May 1 2007, 03:33 PM
SUSDiligent Sloth
post May 1 2007, 06:48 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

Nope, wasn't me... I don't use cfos mainly because

1. I'm multihomed
2. I've got more than 3 PC's sharing the connections
3. Cfos does not play nice in networked environments
QD_buyer
post May 1 2007, 06:55 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

Hi!

I got USD15 paypal left ,and in my mastercard got RM30 balance,i want to buy USD18 things from Internet.Can ah? biggrin.gif

Thanks!
SUSDiligent Sloth
post May 1 2007, 07:00 PM

Lowyat VPN provider
880 posts

Why not? You should be able to complete the purchases succesfully
QD_buyer
post May 1 2007, 07:02 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

QUOTE(Diligent Sloth @ May 1 2007, 07:00 PM)
Why not?  You should be able to complete the purchases succesfully
But i got USD15 only left in my paypal account.. sweat.gif

sry i dun understand coz still new in paypal biggrin.gif
melz84
post May 1 2007, 07:02 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(Diligent Sloth @ May 1 2007, 06:48 PM)
Nope, wasn't me... I don't use cfos mainly because

1. I'm multihomed
2. I've got more than 3 PC's sharing the connections
3. Cfos does not play nice in networked environments
lol... i mistaken liao.. it's J-Slade ahahaha...
multi homed sumore.. lol

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ May 1 2007, 06:55 PM)
Hi!

I got USD15 paypal left ,and in my mastercard got RM30 balance,i want to buy USD18 things from Internet.Can ah? biggrin.gif

Thanks!
i think u better top up another 15-20 bucks to ur card leh.... Rm25 in ur card is deposit only cannot be used one... u have imagine that ur only got Rm5 LOL...
but i not sure what's the min top up for NexG tho..
steven824
post May 1 2007, 10:52 PM

47 posts

em....wanna enquiry something...about PB Visa Eletron...

The card just use for paid on buying something, right?

in contrast, can it using for received money from transfer?
spaceop
post May 1 2007, 11:02 PM

14 posts

To : Diligent Sloth,

Paypal protect buyers but not sellers. That is what I had faced and concluded. Although there are some lawsuit winning but then people try their business in internet because there is ease to use and hassle free. I'm using my paypal to do some business but ended up limited access due to the fraud payment by buyer. Just like a crime sentenced to death. You see you money in your account but then they are useless.

melz84
post May 1 2007, 11:13 PM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(steven824 @ May 1 2007, 10:52 PM)
em....wanna enquiry something...about PB Visa Eletron...

The card just use for paid on buying something, right?

in contrast, can it using for received money from transfer?
if a transfer originated from Msia banks... maybe still can...
i usually use internet banking to transfer/pay $$ t6o my debit card...

u can even do that from the atm...

anybody who has your card number.. they can pay $$ to that card...
steven824
post May 2 2007, 12:27 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ May 2 2007, 12:13 AM)
if a transfer originated from Msia banks... maybe still can...
i usually use internet banking to transfer/pay $$ t6o my debit card...

u can even do that from the atm...

anybody who has your card number.. they can pay $$ to that card...
Ok, i c, thx..

another asking about...

i have register the services from the pb website
Do i need enclose the "cheque(deposit)" at once with the application form& IC?
without the cheque, the application is validate or not? rclxub.gif
Thank! doh.gif
melz84
post May 2 2007, 12:56 AM

Regular
1,463 posts

QUOTE(steven824 @ May 2 2007, 12:27 AM)
Ok, i c, thx..

another asking about...

i have register the services from the pb website
Do i need enclose the "cheque(deposit)" at once with the application form& IC?
without the cheque, the application is validate or not? rclxub.gif
Thank!  doh.gif
err.. i don't really get your question.. what is it that u're trying to ask??
steven824
post May 2 2007, 01:08 AM