Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Management Trainee (Public Bank), ?

princessme
post Jul 8 2018, 01:27 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(TechnoG @ Jul 8 2018, 11:43 AM)
looks like you are getting an internal audit or credit role with one of the branches.
Just like any other organisation, your experience with PBB really depends on the branch or dept you’re attached to. I’ve heard horror stories from certain branches as well as head office. I was lucky cause I have good, supportive colleagues and superiors in my dept. To be honest, I do enjoy my working environment and tasks given at PBB but the red tape imposed by the bank as previously mentioned by others can by bloody annoying at times. And the pay is just uhhhhhh...

All the best!
Do you mind sharing how much increment and bonus is given by PBB averagely?
iammasivers
post Jul 8 2018, 04:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(TechnoG @ Jul 8 2018, 11:43 AM)
looks like you are getting an internal audit or credit role with one of the branches.
Just like any other organisation, your experience with PBB really depends on the branch or dept you’re attached to. I’ve heard horror stories from certain branches as well as head office. I was lucky cause I have good, supportive colleagues and superiors in my dept. To be honest, I do enjoy my working environment and tasks given at PBB but the red tape imposed by the bank as previously mentioned by others can by bloody annoying at times. And the pay is just uhhhhhh...

All the best!
looks like they are offering, but not yet confirmed hahah. My current firm is small and pays peanut but I have very good colleagues and seniors, they are very nice people. The working culture and colleagues are actually one of my top priority besides salary. So yeah hopefully I will be placed in good dept/branch. If the culture sucks then I think I will tahan for 1-2 years, then jump ship.. which I hopefully wont do since I plan to stay for long term. As for the pay though pbb pays higher than my current firm, and there's ok increments.
lolabunny123
post Jul 8 2018, 04:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(iammasivers @ Jul 8 2018, 04:45 PM)
looks like they are offering, but not yet confirmed hahah. My current firm is small and pays peanut but I have very good colleagues and seniors, they are very nice people. The working culture and colleagues are actually one of my top priority besides salary. So yeah hopefully I will be placed in good dept/branch. If the culture sucks then I think I will tahan for 1-2 years, then jump ship.. which I hopefully wont do since I plan to stay for long term. As for the pay though pbb pays higher than my current firm, and there's ok increments.
If you’re looking for a good working culture/ helpful colleagues, PBB is the last place to look at. When I went for their mandatory three weeks training course, almost everyone in my cohort complained about unhelpful colleagues and rude managers. But then YMMV.

Not trying to scare you or anything, but I reckon you will have a higher chances of getting a bad branch because usually the turnover rate is really high and HR is desperate to get the vacant positions filled. unsure.gif
iammasivers
post Jul 8 2018, 08:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lolabunny123 @ Jul 8 2018, 04:59 PM)
If you’re looking for a good working culture/ helpful colleagues, PBB is the last place to look at. When I went for their mandatory three weeks training course, almost everyone in my cohort complained about unhelpful colleagues and rude managers. But then YMMV.

Not trying to scare you or anything, but I reckon you will have a higher chances of getting a bad branch because usually the turnover rate is really high and HR is desperate to get the vacant positions filled.  unsure.gif
If that's the case I'll just have to see what position they are offering me. My top preference is internal audit, if they offer it to me I'll accept it with no hesitation. As for the bad working culture I guess I'll just have to bear with it. It's the banking internal audit experience that I'm chasing for. At least I can jump ship to better firm in a year or two.
Cheekymonster
post Jul 9 2018, 03:24 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(iammasivers @ Jul 5 2018, 11:29 PM)
I got a few more calls from HR after interview asking me further questions and is it okay i work in this branch or that branch, looks like i'm getting the job? but so scared reading your stories haha
The pay is ‘attractive’ compare to other small companies but serious if u plan to work long, this is not the right company. The people, the mindset, Mayb HQ will be different but branch people is often narrow minded. They judge every single thing you do. Try for few weeks, first day for me is very hard. I go home and cry and couldn’t sleep cause it’s terribly stress thinking to go work. Stepping into a new office with excitement end up people label you as ‘millennial’ who couldn’t work even BEFORE u wanted to try. They doesn’t teach because they say every GT leave one la, don’t need waste time. Some doesn’t even bother to introduce themselve to you. Terrible.
Cheekymonster
post Jul 9 2018, 03:30 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(lolabunny123 @ Jul 8 2018, 05:59 PM)

Not trying to scare you or anything, but I reckon you will have a higher chances of getting a bad branch because usually the turnover rate is really high and HR is desperate to get the vacant positions filled.  unsure.gif
HO HO HO, went to the 1 day training is enough to listen to everyone horrible experience 😛😛😛 eh okkk, I’ll pm you soon about my branch haha
Area51SE
post Jul 9 2018, 10:18 PM

Casual

It heavily depends on which Dept / Branch u are in. For me, My colleagues and managers are very willing to guide and help.
barneysteinsson
post Jul 12 2018, 03:44 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Cheekymonster @ Jul 9 2018, 03:24 PM)
The pay is ‘attractive’ compare to other small companies but serious if u plan to work long, this is not the right company. The people, the mindset, Mayb HQ will be different but branch people is often narrow minded. They judge every single thing you do. Try for few weeks, first day for me is very hard. I go home and cry and couldn’t sleep cause it’s terribly stress thinking to go work. Stepping into a new office with excitement end up people label you as ‘millennial’ who couldn’t work even BEFORE u wanted to try. They doesn’t teach because they say every GT leave one la, don’t need waste time. Some doesn’t even bother to introduce themselve to you. Terrible.
shit brah, i bet almost everyone experienced this biggrin.gif

except for the crying part la

UserU
post Jul 12 2018, 11:07 PM

OWNER OF CSONLINE2.NET
Group Icon
Kopitiam
Group: Elite

QUOTE(Cheekymonster @ Jul 9 2018, 03:24 PM)
Not really, HQ also got lots of politics too.

iammasivers
post Jul 17 2018, 06:05 PM

Getting Started

anyone knows about hire purchase officer job in pbb? Is it sales or almost the same as credit analyst? just got a call from hr asking me is it fine if they offer the position.
lolabunny123
post Jul 17 2018, 11:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(iammasivers @ Jul 17 2018, 06:05 PM)
anyone knows about hire purchase officer job in pbb? Is it sales or almost the same as credit analyst? just got a call from hr asking me is it fine if they offer the position.
Ooof I've heard bad reviews for that position.

From what I remembered it's almost the same the credit analyst at branches other than the fact that it's even worst. The processing turnover time for hire purchase officer is shorter than say in the mortgage/commercial department. So expect to have a rougher, high pace and high stress work environment than the analysts at PBB.

It's not sure if it's a sales job per se, but as the saying goes everyone in PBB is expected to do sales because "selling is our responsibility"... you should expect that you will learn things in the hire purchase centre by making mistakes/ getting scolded by your superiors as no one has time to teach you.

In my humble opinion, I'm not sure if PBB is the right place for you especially since they offered you a placement in hire purchase. From your post history I suppose you're doing audit and sometimes tax. In hire purchase centre the job scope is mostly like data entry/admin because you 99% of the time you just key in details from the documents into the system, send for approval, stamping, filing and draft letter. It is totally a different job scope from audit. Try to aim for credit analysts at branches (mortgage loan dept) because after a few months you'll get to process commercial loans and this is where you get to practice what you've learnt.

But if you're going in for the money, I can't stop you lo. Just know that the standard turnover for new staffs at Hire Purchase department centre is 2-3 months based on this forum and this should raise some red flags. Can you stay in this department for the next year or two before jumping to another company?
iammasivers
post Jul 18 2018, 10:11 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lolabunny123 @ Jul 17 2018, 11:47 PM)
Ooof I've heard bad reviews for that position.

From what I remembered it's almost the same the credit analyst at branches other than the fact that it's even worst. The processing turnover time for hire purchase officer is shorter than say in the mortgage/commercial department. So expect to have a rougher, high pace and high stress work environment than the analysts at PBB.

It's not sure if it's a sales job per se, but as the saying goes everyone in PBB is expected to do sales because "selling is our responsibility"... you should expect that you will learn things in the hire purchase centre by making mistakes/ getting scolded by your superiors as no one has time to teach you.

In my humble opinion, I'm not sure if PBB is the right place for you especially since they offered you a placement in hire purchase. From your post history I suppose you're doing audit and sometimes tax. In hire purchase centre the job scope is mostly like data entry/admin because you 99% of the time you just key in details from the documents into the system, send for approval, stamping, filing and draft letter. It is totally a different job scope from audit. Try to aim for credit analysts at branches (mortgage loan dept) because after a few months you'll get to process commercial loans and this is where you get to practice what you've learnt.

But if you're going in for the money, I can't stop you lo. Just know that the standard turnover for new staffs at Hire Purchase department centre is 2-3 months based on this forum and this should raise some red flags. Can you stay in this department for the next year or two before jumping to another company?
wow so many negative things about PBB so far. I don't think PBB is right for me either since I wanted to go for big 4, but they are not responding to any of my applications. I just want a big firm name on my resume and I think PBB can do exactly just that. I just hope they really will offer me internal audit, even if the working culture is also bad, at least the experience is more valuable as compared to data entry tasks in credit analyts/ hire purchase. My current job is amazing in terms of work-balance, colleagues/seniors and stress level, but the salary is pretty low and it is a no-name small audit firm. So I'll just see what position they are offering me first
iammasivers
post Jul 20 2018, 01:49 PM

Getting Started

hmm.. I didn't get the internal audit position. They offered me hire purchase instead, based in Kelana Jaya. She ask when will I be free for medical checkup but I just say I'll confirm with her later Anyone worked in this branch before can tell me how is it?

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0698sec    6.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th August 2018 - 03:26 PM