3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Management Trainee (Public Bank), ?

views

lolabunny123
post Nov 29 2017, 09:05 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Irene3535 @ Nov 29 2017, 06:59 PM)
Was interviewed as MT today. Hopefully will get a job.
Good luck! My interview is in December. One question, is MT a sales position? Coz based on the ad on Jobstreet it could be IT, sales, banking operations and loans evaluation but most of the comments here said that MT is a sales position.
lolabunny123
post Dec 27 2017, 12:02 AM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(michaelmichael @ Dec 11 2017, 04:28 PM)
i saw from the jobstreet that management trainee application will close on 17 dec, anyone received call from pbb for an interview or anyone know which interview date conducted by hr pbb for those shortlisted candidate
So did you get a call from them??
lolabunny123
post Jan 5 2018, 10:15 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Tsch_28 @ Jan 5 2018, 02:58 PM)
Went for the interview last Thursday, got called by HR staff two days ago asking for my previous employers contact numbers. However, later on the same day i got another call again because they wanted me to submit my final university results (just recently completed my studies, not officially graduated yet). It worries me that i will have to wait a little longer because my results will only be released in mid January (the HR lady said they would process my application after i submit in my complete results).

Just curious, do i stand a chance? considering i managed to receive update from them within a week time? Do not mean to be paranoid but i have received another job offer. Public Bank MT is still my first choice though, would need advise from seniors on my odds of being hired because i am very indecisive right now, to wait for Public bank or to accept the current one?
Don't worry bro just inform them that your results will be out on mid Jan and send them a copy as soon as you received your results. I went to the interview last Thursday too at 11am.

The fact that you received an update from them recently shows that they're interested with your application. I'm just worried that they didn't get back to me yet about anything. Was hoping for an update or something.

BTW why Public Bank over the other offer?
lolabunny123
post Jan 6 2018, 05:34 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Tsch_28 @ Jan 6 2018, 05:13 PM)
Hey, thank you for the encouraging words!Good luck with your application, i am sure they will be getting back to you soon smile.gif
As for the reason why i prefer Public bank is merely because my financial state actually limits me to go somewhere too far away from my hometown at the moment, do not feel like burdening my parents anymore after all these years. I actually made it clear during the interview i wanted to be positioned in a branch near my current living place.

By the way, which position did you apply to?
I applied for the credit analyst position, but during the interview they might either out me in credit position or as frontline. In ok with both really as long as it’s not a sales position..

What about you?

This post has been edited by lolabunny123: Jan 6 2018, 05:34 PM
lolabunny123
post Jan 8 2018, 01:49 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(x3Kai @ Jan 8 2018, 12:00 PM)
Anyone recall the names of the HR people? Was called up by one but I forgot her name lol.
One of HR staff who called me for an interview and sent me the invitation for interview email was Ms. Janet. Unfortunately I can't remember the person's name who interviewed me. sad.gif
lolabunny123
post Jan 8 2018, 07:57 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(x3Kai @ Jan 8 2018, 09:41 PM)
Thanks, I think I'll most likely drop my resume in again to be safe!

I'm still quite puzzled on what options are there for MT, but yea, defo no sales for me  shakehead.gif
If I'm not mistaken there's IT, Credit Department, Sales, and Frontline Operations. Actually PB's management trainee is not the same as others la coz they don't rotate us into different departments. Even during the interview also they straight away ask me what sort of position I wanted.
lolabunny123
post Jan 12 2018, 10:36 AM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Tsch_28 @ Jan 6 2018, 07:55 PM)
haha same here! rclxms.gif  Fingers crossed for another a week or two  sweat.gif  I hope we both get what we want smile.gif

Do update if you hear from them  thumbup.gif
Just received a call from HR for the Trainee Credit Analyst position rclxm9.gif rclxms.gif. Next Wednesday health checkup. smile.gif

lolabunny123
post Jan 12 2018, 10:39 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(saw2001 @ Jan 12 2018, 07:47 PM)
Branch or hq?
Branch biggrin.gif
lolabunny123
post Jan 12 2018, 11:38 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(saw2001 @ Jan 13 2018, 01:15 AM)
Congrats! Enjoy your first year to the fullest. You'll undergo 3 different modules during this duration which last for about 6 weeks in a training center.
Thanks! So what usually happens on the first day of training centre and then at the branch? PM me the details
lolabunny123
post Jan 13 2018, 04:53 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Area51SE @ Jan 13 2018, 11:32 AM)
No, you start from branch for 1-2 months before being sent to training
Oh ok. So basically first day will be at branch, then go for training at a different place or same place? confused.gif

BTW this whole thread has been super helpful for me. Thanks you guys! wub.gif
lolabunny123
post Jan 14 2018, 10:04 AM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Area51SE @ Jan 14 2018, 02:47 AM)
Training will be at Bangi, Accomodation and Food will be provided smile.gif
Thanks again bro (sis?). You’ve been super helpful to me.

All the best in your future endeavours.
lolabunny123
post Jan 15 2018, 10:23 AM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(UserU @ Jan 14 2018, 11:02 PM)
You'll learn about the bank; Frontline Operations. Over time you will learn more on Credit and Financing.

Can say syok lo, dont need to work when youre at the training center, hehe.
Looking forward to this lah. But kinda worried about the medical checkup though because I’m kinda overweight. Scared later HR reject me.
lolabunny123
post Jan 19 2018, 12:24 AM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(gooni3 @ Jan 18 2018, 11:16 PM)
is the starting salary still same as years ago?
Yup still RM 2800 for the first year.

QUOTE(Wong1234 @ Jan 18 2018, 02:13 PM)
I wonder why some of the MT is based in HQ and some based in branch? Is the jobscope the same?
Depends on what you applied for the position. For trainee credit analyst would be at branches if I'm not mistaken.
lolabunny123
post Jan 19 2018, 02:52 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Tsch_28 @ Jan 18 2018, 01:19 PM)
Hey there, congratulations!glad that you finally heard from them.  rclxms.gif Mind to share when will you start working? thumbup.gif
I’m starting after CNY. So how’s your outcome? Mind to share?
lolabunny123
post Jan 19 2018, 04:41 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Tsch_28 @ Jan 19 2018, 03:24 PM)
Just received my results this morning and i already updated the HR staff in charge. Already got one of the HR staffs to confirm if they had received my email but unfortunately the lady in charge of my application was on leave, her colleague told me to give them a week time. I will have to follow up with them again next week. What a long wait sweat.gif

By the way, all the best to you rclxms.gif Did you actually specify your own work commencement date or the PB side did? How was your medical check up? Have you received the report already?
Haha the waiting part is the worst!

At first I said I wanted to start in March because I just graduated..so want to holiday a bit blush.gif. But then HR said they prefer me to start after CNY.. So that's why I have to start on the 19th la haahah biggrin.gif I didn't want to risk losing the offer.

This post has been edited by lolabunny123: Jan 19 2018, 04:41 PM
lolabunny123
post Feb 28 2018, 09:20 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(malayfupa @ Feb 28 2018, 04:20 PM)
Hello. I got a call from the HR of PB regarding my application and they said I will be placed at one of the branches in my hometown as a credit analyst, yet they added that I need to contribute around 30-40% of the sales. Has anyone received such kind of offer?

On a side note, I have been waiting for a week now after I did my medical checkup. How long will it take normally for the HR to contact regarding our application process? They said that I can start around next week but until now, there is no word from them.

Anyone?

Thank you.
Yeah during my interview also they mention that 30% of my job would be sales, but it's mainly cross-selling la so it's not that bad. Usually how it works is that each branch will have their own set of targets to achieve, even for the credit department. So, branch manager usually will assign each of the "credit analyst" a target to help the branch to reach the target la. Target if don't achieve then gg lo during meeting. They don't scold you kaw kaw la/fire you la if you don't meet the assigned target but the BM will ask la why didn't meet sales target? So kena jawab la...

QUOTE(barneysteinsson @ Feb 26 2018, 05:30 PM)
still 2.8k starting salary ?

sure cannot tahan la work in this company

name only credit analyst, but there will be no analysis involved

just put data into the system n voila, the system will do all the analysis for u rclxms.gif

still 9.15 cut off time for the system ?
First job cannot be picky mah.. hahahah biggrin.gif

But ya lor 2.8k for the first year, no OT, no bonus (this one not sure, but most probably no lo), always stay back until 8pm everyday haizz.. sometimes staff also don't want to help new trainee because they all know the trainee will cabut after few months..so it's like wasting time teaching them.

BTW what you said is true for consumer loans..just use CCRIS to generate score. But once you move up to commercial got analysis to do la.
lolabunny123
post Apr 5 2018, 07:55 AM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(moniqee @ Apr 3 2018, 02:41 PM)
they will rotate you around the banking sector for you to try all banking & finance dept... then after you finished all the dept testing... they will assign you to a permanent dept job... smile.gif
Management trainee for Public Bank will not rotate you. You will be asked on which department you want to be in and then you’ll be there until you retire or resign la haha..

There’s only a week or two during your first year that you’ll be put in a different department (at Jalan Sultan Sulaiman) under the COD I think and that’s it.
lolabunny123
post Apr 5 2018, 07:57 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(moniqee @ Apr 5 2018, 03:54 PM)
oh... coz most of my mgmt trainee banking was rotated... smile.gif although you are asked doesnt mean you will get what you want... smile.gif best to be prepared for this as well...
Depends on your qualifications as well. I was asked which department I wanted to be in and I answered credit. Then one week later they offered me the position.
lolabunny123
post Apr 10 2018, 09:50 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Jane29 @ Apr 10 2018, 10:44 AM)
Hi would like to ask if I accept the management trainee position in Public Bank, will I be able to take leave ( 7 days )? Because I already book flight ticket long time ago. Should I inform this during the interview ? Another question, will they accept second lower class to work in HQ? Thanks and look forward for reply 😁
Should be able to, but it depends how quick you'll get your computer access la coz you need to apply through the system.

Working in HQ? Quite difficult la. I'm second upper from one of the "atas" university also they only offer branch level trainee credit analyst.

This post has been edited by lolabunny123: Apr 10 2018, 09:51 PM
lolabunny123
post Apr 13 2018, 02:24 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Jane29 @ Apr 13 2018, 12:46 PM)
What is the job scope for credit analyst? Because I saw many of the management trainee also get offer as credit analyst.
To be absolutely frank la.. the job scope for credit analyst @ Public Bank for your first 6 months is basically data entry. SME/Branch or Biz Manager will give you cases (applications either housing or hire purchase) and then all you have to do is input the data onto the system, do the ISO stamping, scan documents onto the system and sometimes do file upkeeping. After that, once you have completed have to do letter offer (LO) for the customer to sign, and then have to print all of the forms required for the customer to sign la. After that, repeat the cycle.

So yeah, that’s basically my job scope lah as a trainee credit analyst at Public Bank. I hear sometimes if your branch is short on frontline staff, you have to relieve them.

After 6 months when you’re already a confirm staff then you’ll start on doing commercial loans. For commercial loans the process is a bit different la but overall it’s the same.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0451sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:45 PM