92 Pages « < 86 87 88 89 90 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Taobao Global Direct Shipping - experiences?, The good and the bad

SoulRex
post Nov 10 2017, 01:13 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I’m planning to buy a laptop replacement keyboard and also a graphic card, will there be any difficulty to pass thru the customs? Any good recommendations for good shipping company?

Edit : Currently only know Prouter.

This post has been edited by SoulRex: Nov 10 2017, 01:14 AM
alexander3133
post Nov 10 2017, 06:00 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(ZintanthraX @ Nov 9 2017, 10:57 PM)
3 items.

item A - first purchase - waiting for the library

item B & C - second purchase - waiting for receipt of the warehouse

weird thing is, for item B, seller shipped to the warehouse yesterday but no new status.

item C was shipped today and got new status just now.
Item A - Your item arrived warehouse, and waiting to ship out from warehouse to Malaysia.

Item B & C - Still waiting for item to arrive warehouse.

If courier shipping status for item B says warehouse has received the item, but warehouse status still haven't reflect the item getting received, you will have to wait. Sometimes you need to to wait one to two days for the warehouse status to get reflected. During 11.11, may need to wait up to 3 to 4 days.

As of now everything looks normal to me as per your description.
lyc1982
post Nov 10 2017, 10:23 AM

ExpectNoMercy

QUOTE(sunfl0w3r @ Nov 9 2017, 01:56 PM)
You will hv to find shipping agents like ECTbuy that doesn’t count volumetric weight
ECTbuy only charged solely based on actual weight ?

so meaning if i buy a pair of shoes but with big box also only actual weight counted ?
ZintanthraX
post Nov 10 2017, 11:06 AM

La Dolce Vita

QUOTE(alexander3133 @ Nov 10 2017, 06:00 AM)
Item A - Your item arrived warehouse, and waiting to ship out from warehouse to Malaysia.

Item B & C - Still waiting for item to arrive warehouse.

If courier shipping status for item B says warehouse has received the item, but warehouse status still haven't reflect the item getting received, you will have to wait. Sometimes you need to to wait one to two days for the warehouse status to get reflected. During 11.11, may need to wait up to 3 to 4 days.

As of now everything looks normal to me as per your description.
my only concern is there's no update at the tracking site. at least my other items were updated for each checkpoints they reach. tracking for item B is as per the attached picture.

tried using the waybill no to track at the courier website (should be yunda express right?) but failed.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
alexander3133
post Nov 10 2017, 11:49 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ZintanthraX @ Nov 10 2017, 11:06 AM)
my only concern is there's no update at the tracking site. at least my other items were updated for each checkpoints they reach. tracking for item B is as per the attached picture.

tried using the waybill no to track at the courier website (should be yunda express right?) but failed.
Ok, I thought item B arrived warehouse.
Looks like you will have to wait also, sometimes seller posted tracking number but it does not mean that the seller has hand over your item to courier.
Some sellers post over item in bulk, you might be in this case, so just wait for another 1 day or 2, if still no tracking status, have to contact seller.

Yes, Yunda Express.
alucard89
post Nov 10 2017, 11:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(sunfl0w3r @ Nov 9 2017, 01:56 PM)
You will hv to find shipping agents like ECTbuy that doesn’t count volumetric weight
How would you rate ECTbuy service so far?
Oh nice, the don't count volumetric up to 20kg

Volumetric Calculation Volumetric Weight 1-20kg : No Volumetric
Volumetric Weight 21kg & Above : Half Volumetric

This post has been edited by alucard89: Nov 10 2017, 12:05 PM
lyc1982
post Nov 10 2017, 01:54 PM

ExpectNoMercy

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Nov 10 2017, 11:58 AM)
How would you rate ECTbuy service so far?
Oh nice, the don't count volumetric up to 20kg

Volumetric Calculation Volumetric Weight 1-20kg : No Volumetric
Volumetric Weight 21kg & Above : Half Volumetric
can you try ECTbuy and share experience here ?
tongue.gif

i am planning to use ECTbuy for my lepin set...
coolstore
post Nov 10 2017, 03:09 PM

Regular

QUOTE(sunfl0w3r @ Nov 9 2017, 01:50 PM)
Wondering the same thing too. My shopping cart close to rm2-3k already. Should I just separate the parcels when they arrive at the warehouse?
I read from forwarding company website, saying normally, parcels less than 20kg, and declared value less than rm500 won’t be inspected by customs.
If I have rm2k worth of items, should I separate into 4 parcels? Or gamble with 1 or 2 parcels. Anyone kena gst before?
by latest deveploment,

budget 2018 announce above rm800 only tax, but may only start on 1/1/2018. however, we knew even now below rm500 can also get tax just up to custom personnel "mood".

however, 20kg , better don't do it.

should not exceed 10kg by now as saw this news in somewhere, forgot where...

don't 100% trust forwarding co., the tax going bearable by recipient finally. if u complaint, they would just answer u "rarely" "unfortunately" this kind of thing, shipping fees already in their pocket.
longpants
post Nov 10 2017, 06:18 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(coolstore @ Nov 10 2017, 03:09 PM)
by latest deveploment,

budget 2018 announce above rm800 only tax, but may only start on 1/1/2018. however, we knew even now below rm500 can also get tax just up to custom personnel "mood".

however, 20kg , better don't do it.

should not exceed 10kg by now as saw this news in somewhere, forgot where...

don't 100% trust forwarding co., the tax going bearable by recipient finally. if u complaint, they would just answer u "rarely" "unfortunately" this kind of thing, shipping fees already in their pocket.
Recently sea shipped 27KG machine from taobao. Not taxed or customs duty upon arrival. the shipping fee had include GST but luckily it wasn't that much. Item worth more than RM500
alucard89
post Nov 11 2017, 02:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Hi guys, how does the rebate work?
I was paying for an order and got rm30 off (which is like 10% off total price)
MsPopcorn
post Nov 11 2017, 11:12 AM

Popcorn..Yummy!

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Nov 11 2017, 02:11 AM)
Hi guys, how does the rebate work?
I was paying for an order and got rm30 off (which is like 10% off total price)
when your transaction amount reached rm300 and above, u will get rm30 off from rev pay.

This post has been edited by MsPopcorn: Nov 11 2017, 11:12 AM
longpants
post Nov 11 2017, 11:56 AM

Getting Started

How do I see whether I got RM30 off or not? I used my MBB card to pay but didn't show whether got RM30 off or not after keying in the pin. just showing CNY only...
TheEvilMan
post Nov 11 2017, 12:23 PM

☄ 赤い彗星 ☄

Anyone tried to buy Dashcam from Taobao before?
I bought 6ea of YiCam, using taobao direct, I wonder if it will have any trouble going through the freight, some claim that it's fine, some say no.

Lets say it get rejected, what other option that i have? Can i file for a refund?
Bought it from Yi Official store, if it's prohibited it should be listed as not for sales outside of China?

This post has been edited by TheEvilMan: Nov 11 2017, 12:25 PM
Vio
post Nov 11 2017, 01:10 PM

Enthusiast

anyone having problem paying with ebanking?
longpants
post Nov 11 2017, 01:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(TheEvilMan @ Nov 11 2017, 12:23 PM)
Anyone tried to buy Dashcam from Taobao before?
I bought 6ea of YiCam, using taobao direct, I wonder if it will have any trouble going through the freight, some claim that it's fine, some say no.

Lets say it get rejected, what other option that i have?  Can i file for a refund?
Bought it from Yi Official store, if it's prohibited it should be listed as not for sales outside of China?
Bro, don't worry so much. If it is stuck some where, you will see in your shipment status. So far, I bought so many different electronic items also never get rejected. IF it get rejected, I think you can request the freight forwarder to send it back to the shop with CNY charges.

And for items which are "restricted for International shipping", i use Ezbuy as an agent to ship for me. Got money sure no problem one. lol
TheEvilMan
post Nov 11 2017, 01:20 PM

☄ 赤い彗星 ☄

QUOTE(longpants @ Nov 11 2017, 01:12 PM)
Bro, don't worry so much. If it is stuck some where, you will see in your shipment status. So far, I bought so many different electronic items also never get rejected. IF it get rejected, I think you can request the freight forwarder to send it back to the shop with CNY charges.

And for items which are "restricted for International shipping", i use Ezbuy as an agent to ship for me. Got money sure no problem one. lol
But from this thread, i see people recommend consolidate shipping but i end up with direct shipping
if it pass the international shipping, i still need to see if the custom officer is a greedy one (total value rm 990) sweat.gif
yea money solve everything but just hope it won't be that hassle, the yicam deal is rather tempting, almost cheaper by rm 100 each even after shipping cost
jutamind
post Nov 11 2017, 03:37 PM

Regular

anyone ordered cosmetics/personal toileteries from taobao or tmall before? any issues with direct shipping or Kastam?
alucard89
post Nov 11 2017, 04:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Nov 10 2017, 01:54 PM)
can you try ECTbuy and share experience here ?
tongue.gif

i am planning to use ECTbuy for my lepin set...
Just started using it today, the shop that used to work with taobao consolidate not supported anymore
We'll see how it goes

I'm probably gonna use it more since the sensitive shipping fee is quite reasonable
longpants
post Nov 11 2017, 04:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(TheEvilMan @ Nov 11 2017, 01:20 PM)
But from this thread, i see people recommend consolidate shipping but i end up with direct shipping
if it pass the international shipping, i still need to see if the custom officer is a greedy one (total value rm 990)  sweat.gif
yea money solve everything but just hope it won't be that hassle, the yicam deal is rather tempting, almost cheaper by rm 100 each even after shipping cost
Consolidated shipping means you purchase product and payment shipment later...
Direct shipping means you purchase product and paid shipment upfront...

Both also will go through custom officer, no difference.... Whether custom officer wants to charge you for duty, depends on the products.. some products memang no duty charges one...

RM990 small amount la bro... 11.11 everybody buying will flock the whole custom warehouse with 11.11 goods where got time to go to check and charge everything duty. If like that right, Aliexpress, taobao , etc etc no need come to Malaysia liao. I guess very very rare they charge duty la, unless you so sui.. LOL.. Even for GST charged on Sea shipment, for now.

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Nov 11 2017, 04:20 PM)
Just started using it today, the shop that used to work with taobao consolidate not supported anymore
We'll see how it goes

I'm probably gonna use it more since the sensitive shipping fee is quite reasonable
Is this another forwarder? Try try and share experience.. So far using ezbuy for sensitive shipments..

This post has been edited by longpants: Nov 11 2017, 04:50 PM
TheEvilMan
post Nov 11 2017, 05:24 PM

☄ 赤い彗星 ☄

QUOTE(longpants @ Nov 11 2017, 04:48 PM)
Consolidated shipping means you purchase product and payment shipment later...
Direct shipping means you purchase product and paid shipment upfront...

Both also will go through custom officer, no difference.... Whether custom officer wants to charge you for duty, depends on the products.. some products memang no duty charges one...

RM990 small amount la bro... 11.11 everybody buying will flock the whole custom warehouse with 11.11 goods where got time to go to check and charge everything duty. If like that right, Aliexpress, taobao , etc etc no need come to Malaysia liao. I guess very very rare they charge duty la, unless you so sui.. LOL.. Even for GST charged on Sea shipment, for now.
Is this another forwarder? Try try and share experience.. So far using ezbuy for sensitive shipments..
I have bad experience from ezbuy during 11.11
I more concern about the sensitive flight issue, if custom still can release by negotiating, if the item held all the way back in China damn Sui lo
What been said in previous post is that consolidated has lesser chance of kena the sensitive item problem

This post has been edited by TheEvilMan: Nov 11 2017, 05:25 PM

92 Pages « < 86 87 88 89 90 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0859sec    3.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 06:02 PM